Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Teen lesbian couple found shot in Texas park (6/25)

One died, the other's in the hospital. They were sitting in a park in south Texas, they were each shot in the head.

by Anonymousreply 8211/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2012

Sick fuck alert @R5

by Anonymousreply 606/25/2012

Oh, R5 is the homophobe from the Quinto/Groff thread. How unsurprising.

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2012

I found it interesting that some of the commenters for that article thought it was inappropriate for the headline to mention that the two of them were a couple - that it was "jumping to conclusions" to assume that they were shot because they're lesbians.

The level of denial about anti-gay prejudice can be just astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 906/25/2012

Fuck you, r8.

by Anonymousreply 1006/25/2012

I think it's just the shit stirring freepers in overdrive now that Primetime has ended, R12. It's too tragic to think any gay man would post that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1406/25/2012

For the reading impaired: "He said they had been in communication with Chapa. He noted all indications were that “third parties” were involved in the assault."

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2012

This is quite predictable. Normal, in fact. Every time gay rights advance, there is a backlash and assholes take it out on whatever gay people are handy. I myself have been attacked whenever gay rights advanced by people I worked with. One drunk piece of shit tried to run me down with his car when I was walking home from work. The joke was on him because he missed and got into an accident.

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2012

Wow.I hope the other one survives.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2012

Some little dicked asshole probably hit on them and they said something that hurt his feelings and he decided to shoot them.

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2012

Seriously? R8 & R11 - what is your problem?

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2012

You just know that these denialist types were gay bashers in their youth and have never admitted or apologized for what they did.

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2012

Indeed, some people come here for the sole purpose of hurting the feelings of gay people they know.

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2012

The hatred against gays & lesbians the politicians and fundamentalists dish out leads to this

by Anonymousreply 2706/26/2012

Anyway this reminds me of a case a few years ago when lesbians were gunned down by teenagers outside Salt Lake City's largest gay bar. It was NOT prosecuted by a hate crime even though it was evident there was no other believable motive for the crime.

by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2012

I live in a smallish city where someone killed a gay guy, and screamed faggot beforehand, then people were talking about how he wasn't killed because he was gay, the guy was just crazy and it wasn't a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2012

I wonder which church the killer goes to.

by Anonymousreply 3006/26/2012

Have you noticed that people often get "emergency" texts when they're talking to you? Do you hear the line "oh my, look at the time, gotta run!" a lot? If you haven't, pay closer attention, because I can guarantee it's happening. That's 100% certainty, not 50/50.

by Anonymousreply 3106/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 3206/26/2012

Oh god, that is so awful.

by Anonymousreply 3306/26/2012

Whoah; someone is home from school this summer.

by Anonymousreply 3506/26/2012

What the hell are you doing here if you are so against gay women, r34?? Piss off. You are truly revolting in your responses on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3606/26/2012

[quote] Eat a bullet, dyke @ [R31]

This is a gay and lesbian site. What are you doing here posting, other than making murder threats against LGBT people?

by Anonymousreply 3706/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 3806/26/2012

Bet it was one of the parents who shot them.

by Anonymousreply 3906/26/2012

on some website commentary i noticed people were talking about a minister...

by Anonymousreply 4006/26/2012

This is awful.

by Anonymousreply 4106/26/2012

Even as a straight person, it's hard for me to comprehend this kind of shit happening in 2012. It really reminds me of the black civil rights movement and all the violence they faced. I'm appalled that anyone can be so threatened by anything "different" that they would kill over it. I know this is an extreme reaction but if I were gay I'd be taking CHL classes and arming myself and not letting someone sneak up on me.

[quote]I myself have been attacked whenever gay rights advanced by people I worked with.

I hope you reported them to HR.

by Anonymousreply 4206/26/2012

This is just horrible, and please don't anyone think it's just Texas.

Violence against lesbians happens everywhere and I can't figure it all out.

Why? How in the world are two women threatening?

It is failed straight men, losers in life, that are compelled to do this evil. I think the severely mentally ill love to pick on gays. These mental rejects figure that they'll make points with 'real men' and therefore be accepted into the herd.

Again, losers.

by Anonymousreply 4306/26/2012

The Houston Chronicle is really glossing over the lesbian angle. The reporting in that newspaper is so PC and shoddy.

by Anonymousreply 4406/26/2012

more deets?

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2012

They swim with the fishes.

by Anonymousreply 4606/26/2012

PC in a Republican way. Houston Chronicle is the Fox News of newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 4706/26/2012

I know R47 but the rabid conservatives who post on it think it's actually a liberal rag. It's hilarious actually.

by Anonymousreply 4806/26/2012

link, r44??

by Anonymousreply 4906/26/2012

Here ya go R49. As you can see the last line references them dating almost as an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 5006/26/2012

(at least scroll through the first page of threads before you start a new thread please....)

by Anonymousreply 5106/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 5206/26/2012

It sounds like a lover's lane murder.

by Anonymousreply 5306/26/2012

If you are gay, male or female, there is something supremely disturbing about this crime.

It's disturbing because on the scale of "subversiveness" from the perspective of the homophobe, two teenage girls in love is about as tame as you can get - and yet they were (apparently) still targeted.

Let's just hope the losers who commited this crime are caught. The (only) good thing about Texas is - when they are caught - most of us will live long enough to dance on their grave.

by Anonymousreply 5506/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 5606/26/2012

Not far from the oil smelly refineries and marshy lagoons of Corpus Christi lies the small town called Portland, Texas. Prior to Saturday, it was just another nameless town with nothing really extraordinary about it. But then, a young lesbian couple between the ages of 18 and 19 were found in a grassy area of a local park, shot in the head. One of the girls died. The other is fighting for her life in a hospital room. Officials are scratching their heads trying to figure out cause and motive of the crime, because the evidence they have thus far is extremely thin.

Mollie Olgin and Mary Christene Chapa were discovered on Saturday about nine hours after the crime. Officials say they were shot on Friday night, and walked with their assailant down a trail to knee-high grass, where they were found, and shot execution style in the head. Could they have been abducted by more than one person? Were they lured there by someone who then took them by surprise? Did the girls know they were being led to possible death?

The million dollar question, though, is was this a hate crime against the lesbian couple because of their homosexual relationship? The small town of Portland is reeling from the crime, and no one knows who is responsible. The only thing anyone really knows is that both women were shot with a large-caliber handgun.

Did the killer choose the marshy grass on purpose? Without footprints, officials don't know if they're seeking a man or a woman, or even if they're looking for more than one perp. Portland Police Chief Randy Wright had this to say about the attack:

"It appears as if ... this was not just a random attack but that's something that we really have to develop over time."

So, he suspects it might not have been some random act, but that these girls were targeted. Was it someone they both knew? Was it a friend, a relative, a church member? With all the talk by preachers advocating the death of homosexuals, it really isn't surprising that someone actually went out and tried it. It is a sad testament to the inflammatory remarks that conservative preachers are allowed to get away with in the name of religion. But whether this particular crime was religiously motivated isn't clear yet.

Fortunately, Chapa survived and underwent surgery. Reports are that she has been awake and seems alert to her surroundings. The only other information available is that she is able to communicate. In what capacity remains to be seen. If she is able to talk about the who, what, where, how, and why of this crime, then perhaps the small town of Portland can recover, the girls' families can have some answers, and the criminal or criminals responsible for this heinous act will see justice served.

The young couple had been together for about five months and were clearly in love. And now, Mollie is gone, a young life snuffed out too early, and Mary is struggling to survive.

A candlelit walk is schedule for Friday in the park where both girls were shot. In San Francisco, gay rights activist Cleve Jones has also organized a vigil to honor the young couple.

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2012

A lover's lane murder? Where was Mitt Romney at the time of the crime?

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2012

(well he does have a history of impersonating police officers...)

by Anonymousreply 5906/27/2012

Any more info on this story? The latest I found is from yesterday, giving a fuller portrait of the girls. They seemed well accepted by friends and family. What a horror show.

by Anonymousreply 6006/27/2012

I don't get why this isn't garnering more MSM attention.

by Anonymousreply 6106/27/2012

STILL no updates?!!

meanwhile vigils....

by Anonymousreply 6206/28/2012

More info, though no leads, on NBCLatino. Looks like the surviving girl will live, though she's not able to talk yet. The family was uninsured, so a fund has been established to help with medical costs. Let's see if people care as much about a teenage lesbian who was shot in the head as they do about a school bus monitor harassed by snotty middle schoolers.

Link to contribution site at the end of the news story.

by Anonymousreply 6306/29/2012

Late Thursday, police said an eyewitness to the attack described the suspect as a white man with dark hair in his 20s, weighing 140 pounds and standing 5 foot 8 inches tall.

more at link:

by Anonymousreply 6406/29/2012

Because in an election year, only bad guy gays will be on tv, R61

by Anonymousreply 6507/01/2012

why does categorizing a crime as hate crime bug you so much, r66? it is not done willy-nilly, and is much harder to prove in court, so it should be no skin off your nose.

Many more crimes that are absolutely driven by hate are not prosecuted as such, so bugger off.

by Anonymousreply 6807/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 6907/01/2012

Actually, R70, I'm the OP. I hesitated about posting the article, because I also get very annoyed about the victim mentality that's so rampant among gays - the whole "Matthew Shepard was a saint" thing, the everyone's-out-to-get-us thing, as if the whole country is just roving mobs of gay-bashers.

But let's face it - this is two teenage girls. Everyone seems to have known they were a couple. It's a small town, with very little crime. If there was a spurned teenage boy involved, I'm sure there would be a lot of gossip in the local high schools, but crimes of passion aren't very common among the teen set. I just think a hate crime is the most likely scenario in this case. I wouldn't always draw that conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 7107/01/2012

I hope law enforcement does assume the worst (hate crime) and then sees if it can be ruled out in an investigation, rather than go on the assumption it's something else and not look for hate crime criteria.

by Anonymousreply 7207/01/2012

r70 show ONE post in this thread that indicates the poster in question "loves to have the everyone hates us mentality."

by Anonymousreply 7307/01/2012

Maybe it's a hairdresser, took one look at the mullets went berserk and shot them

by Anonymousreply 7407/01/2012

The first place to check is if there were any deputies from the local Sheriff's office in the area that night.

by Anonymousreply 7507/01/2012

sadly true

by Anonymousreply 7607/01/2012

Off-duty deputy

by Anonymousreply 7707/03/2012

for the love of god why isn't this story being updated???

by Anonymousreply 7807/05/2012

Sadly, it's very probable that this was a hate crime but may still be classified as a murder due to possible lack of evidence. People, you have to stop putting your head in the ground. It doesn't make you sound intelligent to state that you need more evidence before acknowledging the fact that men and women all over the country (and the world) are killed for being out homosexuals. It is even likely the boy was just aware that they were in a lesbian relationship, and that was enough to push him over the edge. This happens with religious fundamentalists and political extremists.

by Anonymousreply 7907/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 8007/05/2012

r22, I am still waiting, if it was a hate crime I will apologize, r19

by Anonymousreply 8108/21/2012

Any news on this? I can't find anything on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 8211/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!