Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Please critique my menu for the upcoming week!

OP from the other menu thread -- my new beau loved my dishes. The only downfall was mushroom enchiladas -- they didn't turn out well at all. (Used too much salsa roja.)

I'm going marketing tomorrow to whip up next week's meals. Trying to be a lil bit healthy and a li bit decadent. For efficiency's sake, I'll skip my Sunday meals -- I think we'll dine out anyway, probably dim sum at brunch and sushi for dinner. Anyway...

Monday Sweet potato fries and house-made chipotle ketchup Sour cream, chive, and pickled onion salad topped with shredded lamb Spinach sauteed in garlic

Tuesday Biang Biang noodles, dusted with chili powder, topped with cilantro Honey-walnut shrimp Green beans in XO sauce

Wednesday Spaghettini with veal meatballs, boar's ragu Garden salad with farmers' market tomatoes and cukes, home-made Russian dressing, sourdough croutons

Thursday Pan-fried catfish Grits with oyster sauce Lemon chess pie

Friday Grilled swordfish with lemon-lilac marinade Spinach, walnut, goat-cheese-nubs salad with vinaigrette Flatbread with olive tapenade

by Anonymousreply 4701/19/2013

Try not to serve Fish two consecutive nights.

Same for pasta...

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2012

R1 is right on target. Who serves fish two nights in a row? That's downright tacky.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2012

Okay, for all-around prissy fussiness this week has leapt ahead to a well-deserved 7/10. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2012

Good points -- I'll move catfish up to Monday!

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2012

What the fuck is a goat-cheese-nub and why would I want to eat it?

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2012

OP, leave your boyfriend and marry me instead!

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2012

Catfish? Why on earth would you serve your new "victim" a bottom feeder fish? That's disgusting. You know it lives on other fishes' shit, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2012

the troll has been busy. This is their second bullshit made up thread

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2012

a nub is a little piece of cheese.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2012

Enough. Run along now.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2012

I remember the days when I would try to "impress" a potential "beau"(trick)with my culinary skills. And then the sheet thing...I always wanted to have a nice bed for our "lovemaking"...beautiful, expensive sheets for me to fuck them on. And then a buddy reminded me that they could less what they were laying on...all they were interested in was my dick. That started me wondering about many, many things.

I hope this does also...for you.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2012

Barf!

by Anonymousreply 1212/29/2012

Galloping Gourmet strikes again ...lol

Bust out the Dim Sum carts for MAXIMUM effect, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 1312/29/2012

[quote]Honey-walnut shrimp Green beans in XO sauce

I want to try kisses and hugs sauce. xoxo

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

[quote] a lil bit...a li bit...cukes...lemon-lilac marinade Spinach

I think that you are trying too hard, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

This all sounds like revolting pretentious slop. Not a single thing on here sounds worth the effort it will take to make it.

You are tedious beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012

It reads like the menu from the best restaurant in some shit-hole town Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

"in Arkansas"

by Anonymousreply 1812/29/2012

I kind of agree with you [R16] -- most of these items are not ones I'd like. Curried chicken, basmati rice, garlic naan, and green beans would be fine with me!

by Anonymousreply 1912/29/2012

With the exceptions of the olive tamponade and veal (ew) it all sounds wonderful. Your bf must have a huge cock.

by Anonymousreply 2012/29/2012

Uh, could I have a grilled cheese sandwich, please? With some dill pickles?

by Anonymousreply 2112/29/2012

Catfish is delicious! But grits is a breakfast food. I never heard of anyone serving it at dinner time. And with oyster sauce? Ick!

I'd much rather have corn bread with butter or hush puppies with my catfish. That's how it's always served in the South.

by Anonymousreply 2212/29/2012

Aren't "dinner grits" cous-cous?

by Anonymousreply 2312/29/2012

What?! No haggis, neeps & tatties??!

It's Hogmanay, by God! Get with it!

by Anonymousreply 2412/29/2012

This is an old post.

by Anonymousreply 2512/29/2012

On New Year's Eve you must cook up some Georgia Hoppinjohn. Otherwise you'll have bad luck in the new year.

Google it.

by Anonymousreply 2612/29/2012

Does anyone actually refer to grocery shopping as "marketing" these days? I can only think of Mrs. Cleaver and her ilk using that term.

by Anonymousreply 2712/29/2012

[Quote]then a buddy reminded me that they could less what they were laying on

Untrue. I've dated some hot guys who took me home to dirty sheets or sleeping bags on the floor and I've said, well, okay I said yes, but I was THINKING I should have said No!

by Anonymousreply 2812/29/2012

[quote]Aren't "dinner grits" cous-cous?

Cous-cous is a type of pasta. "Dinner grits" would be closer to polenta.

by Anonymousreply 2912/29/2012

"house-made chipotle ketchup"

When you say house-made, do you really mean home-made? Or is the ketchup made for you at somebody else's house down the street.

If you do mean home-made (and for heaven's sake just say that, instead of sounding like an Applebee's entree description) it implies that nothing else on the menu is made onsite ... do you have the stuff catered in?

by Anonymousreply 3012/29/2012

Who the hell are you, OP?

You must weigh about a thousand pounds!

by Anonymousreply 3112/29/2012

Not appetizing to me. I am mostly vegetarian. I do eat many polenta dishes.

by Anonymousreply 3212/29/2012

OP IS A FAT COW

by Anonymousreply 3312/29/2012

320 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 3412/30/2012

OP, seriously, you eat too much.

by Anonymousreply 3512/30/2012

You naughty boy! You stole this menu from Gwynnie's grammar school cafeteria, didn't you?

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012

[quote] I never heard of anyone serving it at dinner time.

Grits are served at dinner, especially in the popular Southern dish shrimp and grits. Grits can also be cooled and sliced and prepared the same way polenta can.

Polenta is basically a "dressed up" form of grits. They are the same thing, a porridge made from ground nixitamalized corn. They have the same humble origins, too, as food for poor people and peasants. It is only during the last generation that polenta became a fancy menu item in Italian restaurants. For Northern Italians during the war, it was the humblest of survival foods, not a luxury or anything fancy.

by Anonymousreply 3712/30/2012

[quote]For efficiency's sake, I'll skip my Sunday meals -- I think we'll dine out anyway, probably dim sum at brunch and sushi for dinner.

Uggh. Doubtless at the same "Pan-Asian" all-u-can-eat dive at the mall in Trailer Court County, Flyover, USA. Can't you just see it?

GG's desperate bids at sophistication and "urban" glamor are overreaching.

by Anonymousreply 3812/30/2012

Veal meatballs AND boar ragu? Really?

by Anonymousreply 3912/30/2012

I don't eat tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro or olives (that tapanade gunk).

by Anonymousreply 4012/30/2012

[quote]my new beau loved my dishes

Does he also weigh in at three-hundred plus, OP? Sounds like a hefty pair.

by Anonymousreply 4112/30/2012

[quote]GG's desperate bids at sophistication and "urban" glamor are overreaching.

He's having fun and has been creating these fantasy menu offerings and parties for more than a year.

by Anonymousreply 4212/31/2012

Probably the first time an old thread being bumped made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 4312/31/2012

WEHT GG? Did he get a new boyfriend to cook for?

by Anonymousreply 4401/13/2013

What's the latest fantasy menu?

by Anonymousreply 4501/14/2013

Did the plans for the catering service fall apart? Did GG's two business partners kick him to the curb?

by Anonymousreply 4601/19/2013

Come back Galloper, we need more of your stories.

by Anonymousreply 4701/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.