Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wow - did the NY Observer just out Chace Crawford?

[quote]At a crowded movie premiere in Midtown recently, The Observer witnessed a young movie and TV star—a dashing young man who’s been involved with several starlets despite whispers about his close relationships with other men—sitting for the entire party in close conversation with a well-groomed gent, even as his co-stars circulated. As we passed, the plus-one stared us down, as if to say, “Step off,” or perhaps, “Don’t you dare write about this.”

[quote]Nor did we, since the question of whether it is news that a virile young actor was enjoying the company of one man—if not the company of men—is very much still open.

[quote]If he’s in fact gay, that’s a lesson Chace Crawford—the dashing, engrossed young man at the premiere—may do well to heed.

by Anonymousreply 11001/11/2013

Chace Crawford is starring in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2012

Chace is hot. But straight. Sorry, guys.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2012

where's the pic/video of him with the lucky man?

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2012

R5: I was thinking the same thing when I caught a bit of Gossip Girl this year.

He is such a bland actor. He brings no spark or energy to anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2012

I have to agree, he was stunningly gorgeous when he was cast on Gossip Girl but he has pretty much proven that all he has going for him are his looks.

And yes, bland is the right word R6. I've never seem him really sizzle or pop oncreen. If he is gay, it is a pity as another talented gay hearthrob would have been nice but I can't see him going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2012

I wonder why he and Ed broke up? They were such a pretty couple.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2012

R1, he's already been in several movies, although not any great ones, mind you.

He was in "The Haunting of Molly Hartley" a few years ago, as well as "The Covenant" with Steven Strait and Taylor Kitsch.

R3, "What to Expect When You are Expecting" has already been out for several weeks.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2012

That's still very unusual, R10. It's coming a lot closer to speculating about an actor being gay than is usually the case.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2012

Matthew Morrison is the one that annoys me the most. He STILL pretends to be straight even though he pings to high heavens, has gay voice, likes musical theater and is in his 30's with no signs of wanting to be married or have kids with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2012

R11 I definitely agree, they really crossed a line IMO. I don't follow Chace's career but there wasn't really enough gossip about him to make me think that he might be gay until I read the article.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2012

The point was the cross the line R14. That is what the article is saying, should same-sex gossip be treated the same as opposite-sex gossip?

If it was about him flirting with a woman no one would bat an eye so whats the big deal?

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2012

The NY Observer didn't out Chace Crawford...Chace's homosexuality outted Chace Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2012

R14, while it might be new to the people who read it (eg. straight females) it was not news to those of us who have been talking about Chace here for the past several years. There have been gay rumors around him for a long time, and you can tell he pings, yes?

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2012

Those caricatures of Cooper and the others are pretty bad, but this photo on the advocate of Anderson's bitchiness on flight is hilarious.

The article is dead on when it says these guys are becoming jokes....

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2012

Anyone with a brain could tell the Chace and JC were more than friends several years ago. I wonder if he's fantasized about having sex with his brother in law?

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2012

Chace & Colton Haynes having cocktails at Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, Fla.

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2012

I bet Chace coveted the Alex Pettyfer role in MAGIC MIKE.

by Anonymousreply 2306/22/2012

R21/R22, you have posted in several threads about various celebs and topics and your only contribution to the thread is that you "don't know them." I recognize you because you sign your posts with lowercase run-on sentences.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2012

I bet Chace cherished the underwear Alex Pettyfer wore in Magic Mike.

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2012

I am fixing your sentence, R23

[quote] I bet Chase coveted Alex Pettyfer

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2012

How would Chace get his hands on Alex Pettyfer's underwear? Were they in the same movie?

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2012

The NY Observer is a weekly newspaper by the elite, for the elite.

That being said, the article was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2012

And what about me....?

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2012

Wie gern würde ich Chace Crawfords zartes, bezaubernd süßes Bäuchlein und seinen einmalig schönen Rücken mit tausend Küssen bedecken und streicheln, streicheln und nochmals streicheln. In mein Verwöhnprogramm für meinen geliebten Chace würde ich aber auch seine knackigen, ganz zarten, sehr appetitlichen und total süßen Brüste, seine wohl geformten Hüften, seine kräftigen Arme, seine phantastisch schönen Schultern, seinen schlanken Hals und sein feines, ausdrucksstarkes, sehr liebreizendes Gesicht einbeziehen. Denn Chace Crawford ist der schönste und süßeste Mann aller Zeiten.

Ich sehne mich so sehr danach, meinen geliebten Chace zu verwöhnen.

by Anonymousreply 3106/24/2012

Ever since I saw this series of photos of Chace several years ago, I assumed he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 3206/24/2012

And this one:

by Anonymousreply 3306/24/2012

and this one:

by Anonymousreply 3406/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 3506/24/2012

How is it outing someone who is openly gay? You can only 'out' someone who is married and denies being gay while trolling for same sex. Chase, and all the others, better get a clue. Times they are a changin' and nobody is interested in their argument otherwise. Public figures don't have privacy rights.

by Anonymousreply 3606/24/2012

R36, how is Chace openly gay? Until he says "I am gay", he is not considered out.

by Anonymousreply 3706/24/2012

R38, we all know photographers influence the way photos are shot and lighted etc. That's not what I'm getting at, dear.

He pings to high heavens in those photos, and in many, many others.

by Anonymousreply 4006/24/2012

How can someone ping in a photo? Not only do you blaspheme the word ping, your sort play into stereotypes of what is consider 'gay'.

by Anonymousreply 4306/24/2012

R42, first of all, where's the proof that Chace has picked up men and had sex with them?

And secondly, if you haven't noticed, an official declaration IS required before you are considered openly gay. The media will not refer to an actor as gay until they say "I am gay". Even if an actor is 'known' to be gay, like Zachary Quinto, it wasn't until he actually said it last year that it became official.

by Anonymousreply 4406/24/2012

Chace Crawford could not look more gay if he walked around sucking on a penis-shaped lollipop.

by Anonymousreply 4506/24/2012

'blaspheme', R43? 'your sort'? Your language is a little over the top, yes?

If that's the way you want to play it, that's up to you. Go ahead and pretend Chace doesn't look gay in those photos and in hundreds of others you can find in a 2-second search.

by Anonymousreply 4706/24/2012

R41 Wow, great observations! Ironic indeed.

Jared Kushner would be the brother or relative of that guy who got torn to shreds on this board a few weeks ago for his NY Times gay wedding announcement (the one with the Rolex engagement "ring" that wasn't good enough).

by Anonymousreply 4806/24/2012

R47, there is no such thing as looking gay. You look the way you look. I know we have fun with terms like gay face, but there is no special gay look.

by Anonymousreply 4906/24/2012

Maybe to the multi-billion dollar media conglomerate, but internet culture is much different. You aren't going to hide and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 5006/24/2012

R48: The guy who got ripped to shreds on DL was a cousin of Jared Kushner. He wasn't invited to Jared/Ivanka's wedding, and nobody in Jared's immediate family attended the cousins marriage to the gold digging Mennonite.

by Anonymousreply 5106/24/2012

I disagree, R49.

And why so defensive? Chace looks gay. He pings constantly and is often around other gay men.

Here he is with Colton Haynes:

by Anonymousreply 5206/24/2012

I'm not being defensive, I just think you can tell such things from a photograph. If you walked up to Chace in person and got a vibe, that's one thing. A photo is something else, it captures one moment in time.

by Anonymousreply 5306/24/2012

"I just think you can tell such things from a photograph"

Freudian slip, R53?

In any event, I'm not just basing it on one photo. I'm basing it on many, many photos, and on the interviews I've seen, the sound of his voice, the men he hangs around with etc.

by Anonymousreply 5406/24/2012

R55, now you've really damaged your argument - you were holding on to some credibility until your last post.

Nowhere did I use the phrase "looking pretty". I said he looked gay. I didn't say he was gay because he looked pretty. I also explained to you that it is based on interviews, voice, mannerisms and all the speculation surrounding him.

You then try to transition into another dubious claim: that I think he's gay because he's pretty. Wrong. That's not what some of us are saying. There is no 'wishful thinking'. We don't automatically think all pretty guys are gay if there's evidence they are straight.

by Anonymousreply 5606/24/2012

Gay male here, and it is a fact of life that some gay men and gay women are visually identifiable as being gay due to their facial features. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Not all of us, but a number of us do "look gay."

by Anonymousreply 5706/24/2012

You do realize Bar Refaeli has a history of bearding, right? She did it for Leonardo DiCaprio in the past, so that's not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 5906/24/2012

It was an auto-correct error, not a Freudian slip R54. My point is you can't tell who someone is based on a photograph or many photographs. You said you've seen interviews. Okay. I find that more believable than a bunch of pictures or who he hangs out with. Your argument dances around playing into every stereotype that homophobes use to paint with broad strokes. I still contend that it is wrong to assume anything about a person based on how he or she looks.

by Anonymousreply 6006/24/2012

R60, you are overreacting and this is a gay gossip board anyway.

Many of us think Chace is gay based on a variety of factors. Why do you keep focusing on just the photos? He pings in the photos - that's the reality. But that's not the only reason. It's because he is defensive about his personal life, hangs around gay men in his posse, and even media outlets like the one at the top of this thread are trying to let people know the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 6106/24/2012

I dont think Zac Efron is gay, I do think Chace is. They are both pretty. But a large number of gay guys, many of them here, think pretty = gay.

by Anonymousreply 6206/24/2012

You don't think Efron is gay, but you think Chace is gay? Please explain, R62

by Anonymousreply 6306/24/2012

So that whole little posse around talent manager Eric Podwall is now suspect!

That would include Joseph Mazzello, Timmy from "Jurassic Park".

by Anonymousreply 6406/24/2012

r63, Zac has never pinged for me at all. All his interviews read as a typical straight guy. He also doesnt keep himself in the company of other sexually ambiguous guys all the time. But thats just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 6506/24/2012

R65, what about all of Zac's feminine mannerisms, make-up and grooming? And what about his desire to always be taking about condoms, bras etc.?

by Anonymousreply 6606/24/2012

taking = talking

by Anonymousreply 6706/24/2012

Chance used to be hot, but his ugly tats downgraded him.

by Anonymousreply 6806/24/2012

r66 thats what Im saying, I never really seen these feminine mannerisms you are talking about. Yes he is physically pretty but that is really full extent of his femininity to me. He doesn't seem fem at all when you compare him to Taylor Lautner or Colton Haynes.

by Anonymousreply 6906/24/2012

It's not just or even mainly about feminine mannerisms or whatever. It's in the eyes, a certain openness that makes a dude recognizable as family.

by Anonymousreply 7006/24/2012

I think the ultimate realization of this thread isn't whether or not Chace Crawford is gay, because quite frankly who cares, but the amazingly homophobic belief that someone can tell if a person is gay based on a picture that doesn't show a cock up in an ass or down someone's throat or whether or not someone hangs out with gay people.

What small Footloose town is R61 from?

by Anonymousreply 7106/24/2012

I do partially have to agree with R71. We should base people being gay on gossip, their dating history, interviews etcs.

The idea that someone looks pretty in this photo and must be gay is pretty silly and ridiculous. Just because a guy is pretty does not mean he is gay obviously.

by Anonymousreply 7206/25/2012

It's one thing to get a "ping" from a candid photograph of a celeb, like, say, this photo of Joe Jonas with the alleged bf...

...but quite another to say you can tell someone is gay from a staged photograph where he was most likely dressed, styled and photographed by a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 7306/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 7406/25/2012

So does this make everyone in "Camp Podwall" a mo?

Christ, I shudder to think of the amount of semen that the housekeeping staff at the Fountainebleau had to scrape off the furniture.

Poor Joe Mazzello, being the smallest one, was probably passed around like a joint at a college party.

by Anonymousreply 7506/25/2012

[quote]It's not just or even mainly about feminine mannerisms or whatever. It's in the eyes, a certain openness that makes a dude recognizable as family.

Bitch, please. That's about as reliable an argument as stating that puffy lips are a sign that a guy sucks large cocks.

by Anonymousreply 7606/25/2012

R72, do you have reading comprehension problems? I already said that I did not say a guy being pretty makes him gay. And I never expected it to become a huge controversy to say Chace looks gay.

I thought that's what we've been doing here for years. We look at photos and say who we think is gay based on certain characteristics. This is supposed to be a gay gossip board.

by Anonymousreply 7706/25/2012

Yes it is r77, which means we should know better.

by Anonymousreply 7806/25/2012

You're taking this way too seriously. Now we can't say a guy looks gay based on photos?

It's not just the way they're shot or the make-up or the photographer. Chace looks gay in almost every photo. There's nothing wrong with saying that. I'm wondering if his PR person is on this thread and is the one making all this fuss.

by Anonymousreply 7906/25/2012

Yes there is something wrong with it and the fact that you don't realize it is really sad. It is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 8006/25/2012

Nonsense, R80. And if this is what it's come to here, I might as well not bother to post. I've been here for almost 10 years, but I'm seeing why so many people have left.

by Anonymousreply 8106/25/2012

R81 is also pro racial and ethnic profiling and saw The Minority Report six times.

by Anonymousreply 8206/25/2012

Interesting that neither Chace or his team has commented on the article. Especially considering Chace has always actively tried to present himself as straight and has made an effort to denounce gay rumors in the past. Say what you will about him appearing gay but he has not been a glass closeted type, he has to be pissed.

Queerty also has an article up partially spurred by the Crawford call out.

by Anonymousreply 8306/25/2012

[quote]Interesting that neither Chace or his team has commented on the article.

Any acknowledgement of the article by Chace or his flacks would've been read by the tabloid media as a "doth protest too much" comment. SOP in these situations is to ignore it to the fullest extent possible. Also, the article didn't outright *say* that Chace was gay; it merely indicated that Chace had been the subject of gay rumors, which is true, and that he happened to be attending this particular event with an attractive male, who may or may not be his lover.

In any event, the whole point of the article was to discuss the "glass closet," and Chace really isn't in it, considering (assuming he's gay) that he's engaging in full-on bearding (as opposed to people like AC, who've never denied the gay rumors or dated women).

by Anonymousreply 8406/25/2012

r64, r75: I've also heard Camp Podwall referred to as the Usual Suspects. 'Usual' because they go on vacations together & spend an inordinate amount of time hanging out in El Lay - a regular posse. 'Suspects' because many of them are rumored to be gay. Yes, including little Joey Mazzello. Just rumors, mind you, but rumors nonetheless.

I give them credit for their collective cuteness. It's like a Justice League of good looks. I'd gladly have sex with most of them (Crawford, Mazzello, Haynes, Pyfrom).

by Anonymousreply 8506/26/2012

Carrie Underwood says her relationship with Chace Crawford was a publicity stunt

by Anonymousreply 8606/27/2012

Dear God, R52, you're an idiot. Dragging out a 3 year old picture of two guys at a party surrounded by many other people, including hot women, and then making a GIANT leap in assuming there is a m/m relationship with your asinine comment of, "here he is with Colton Haynes"

Show me a pic of them in bed together fucking, not hanging out with a group of friends at a party.

by Anonymousreply 8706/27/2012

Interesting, R86. That doesn't exactly help Chace too much.

R87, so you admit you're the type of fangirl that has to see an actor having sex with a man before you'll believe he is gay?

by Anonymousreply 8806/27/2012

There is something very narrow minded about believing if a guy is friends with a gay man he must be gay too.

by Anonymousreply 8906/27/2012

R89, that is NOT what we are saying. Way to keep twisting things. The fact that he hangs around gay guys is just one piece of the evidence.

No one said straight men can't be friends with a gay man too.

by Anonymousreply 9006/27/2012

You sound a little too invested R90. Time to unclench.

by Anonymousreply 9106/27/2012

I've seen the Audrey Hepburn clip with Lautner, but I haven't seen any clips of Colton Haynes acting femmy, r69. What are you baseing that on?

by Anonymousreply 9206/27/2012

Poor Carrie. She wanted some and he wasn't putting out.

by Anonymousreply 9306/27/2012

I dont find him attractive but he sure did spend a lot of his time around known gay JC.

by Anonymousreply 9506/27/2012

this is probably super cruel but I can't stop laughing @ R74 's pic

by Anonymousreply 9607/09/2012

I just think its cool that Chace inherited grandma Joan's eyebrows

by Anonymousreply 9707/09/2012

He would be better to come out now, his career is collapsing and he could use the PR boost.

by Anonymousreply 9807/09/2012

Chace probably wanted to suck off Taylor Kitsch, Sebastian Stan & Steven Strait when they starred together in 'The Covenant':

-> Check out:

The Covenant - Locker Room Fight | Shower Scene

by Anonymousreply 9907/10/2012

Wanted to? Let's just say mission accomplished, and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 10007/10/2012

Good lord. OP, you really set off a fan of Chace's.

BTW, I don't think he's gay based on any lack of masculinity. It's based on the way he presents himself, etc.

But, I'll say there hasn't been a lot of gossip about him since the early days of Gossip Girl, when he lived with Ed. At the time, their PDAs, on set and off, were much discussed.

He has a great publicist, to get the talk shut down.

by Anonymousreply 10107/10/2012

Hasn't been a lot of gossip? Have you missed all the talk about him and JC Chasez over the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 10207/10/2012

R101, one of the reasons there hasn't been much talk about Chace and Ed Westwick is that both of them have jumped the shark. Their careers are both in decline and no one cares about them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10307/10/2012

R102 I've seen it mentioned here but wasn't sure if that was serious or a DL joke.

by Anonymousreply 10407/10/2012

Chace and JC were everywhere together, it was even said they were gonna move in together. I remember that pic that someone took of Chace on his way to a cabana JC had been staying in. Big scandal!

by Anonymousreply 10507/10/2012

I think Chace is gay based on long-term gossip, ambiguous photos and his body language. These clues and ques have nothing to do with femininity (he is ostensibly masculine and presents as straight, except for an occasional mannerisms) and everything to do with signs and symbols that are usually read as gay.

I don't think he's out because I suspect it would rip his traditional Southern family apart, and its easier for him to maintain the ruse than come clean.

I get that.

I do think all of Podwall's clients are gay, although "mafia" seems a misnomer.

And oh - Zac Efron? I put my money on bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 10611/11/2012

Why aren't we talking about John Goodman or Paul Giamatti?

by Anonymousreply 10711/11/2012

From one of the linked articles about Podwell:

"The 34-year-old Long Island, New York native transitioned from routing world tours to plotting multi-media domination as a celebrity manager, and over the last five years, his presence on the red carpet is nearly as ubiquitous as some of his clients, which include Chace Crawford, Brody Jenner, JC Chasez, Shawn Pyfrom, Joseph Mazzello and Colton Haynes."

Is this guy the new Henry Willson, or what? Do you think he's slept with all those guys?

by Anonymousreply 10811/11/2012

Chace was in Australia for NYE with some friends in tow, namely:

Matthew Morrison Colton Haynes Tyler Hoechlin JC Chasez Lucas Grabeel Shawn Pyfrom

Is there one straight guy in that bunch at all? Perhaps they confused NYE with Mardi Gras?

by Anonymousreply 10901/03/2013

Our Christopher Chace is very beautiful and sooo sweet.

Beloved Chace, you are the most beautiful, the sexiest and the sweetest young man on our earth. I love you very much.

by Anonymousreply 11001/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!