Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Kevin Keller"- the gay Archie character

I read comics and when I read they were introducing a gay character in Archie, I had to read it. I give Archie credit for not only having a gay character but creating a new guy and not just retconning somebody - though Reggie did always wear a Speedo and have a bitchy side.

But Kevin is way too perfect in a universe full of imperfect characters. Most parents in Archie's universe often seem like they want to starngle their kids, but not Kevin's. I like how he is out but would rather have a flawed character than a boring one.

I think a lot of readers, especially younger ones, are going to get bored by a guy who succeeds at everything he does.

by Anonymousreply 3806/15/2014

R1, you know what I mean. Archie and the gang are not perfect but everything Kevin does is perfect. He wins on a quiz show, he runs for class president and wins, his family is always smiling and cheering their perfect son on.

I'd rather he maybe borrowed his dad's car without asking and dinged it and tried to cover it up. Or made a date with two guys. Or hurts somebody's feelings. Even Betty has more of an edge.

by Anonymousreply 606/19/2012

Maybe he should r-r-rape Archie or Reggie...

by Anonymousreply 706/19/2012

There's a very special issue coming out where Kevin is ruffied by Moose and gang raped by the football team. The cartoonists doing the issue are from Falcon Studios.

by Anonymousreply 806/19/2012

Kevin Keller is dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

Once again, it's the idea that people have to overcompensate for being gay in order to be accepted i.e., being the best at everything, good looking, virtuous, etc. Why can't he be an average C+ student who occasionaly skips school?

by Anonymousreply 1302/16/2013

Clearly Kevin is a victim of the velvet rage.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013

So, Kevin is a gay Sidney Poitiers?

by Anonymousreply 1502/16/2013

Hold on. I thought he had an older Afro-American bf that was rolled around in a wheelchair?

by Anonymousreply 1602/16/2013

[quote]So, Kevin is a gay Sidney Poitiers?

Poitiers? Aren't those what Mammy used to make Scarlett a green velvet dress?

by Anonymousreply 1702/16/2013

This thread is useless without a drawing.

by Anonymousreply 1802/16/2013

Didn't Kevin get married?

by Anonymousreply 2402/16/2013

I've got some pix of Lil Jinx slapping her pussy if that interests you.

by Anonymousreply 2602/18/2013

I don't think they're even going to bother to release #14, the last issue.

by Anonymousreply 3706/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!