Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Asians Now Outpacing Latinos As The Fastest Growing Population In America:

Asians are the best educated and have the highest incomes of any other racial or ethnic group in the country.

by anonymousreply 8704/17/2013

do you speak English? Asian are not a race , neither are they an ethnic group. did you mean chinese?

by anonymousreply 206/19/2012

Not for long.

by anonymousreply 306/19/2012

And they're a whole lot more irritating than Latino's too.

by anonymousreply 406/19/2012

R4, at least Asians know that one doesn't use an apostrophe to form a plural, unless it's an abbreviation or occasionally a number or letter. A common Caucasian error.

by anonymousreply 506/19/2012

R5 is an Asian who drives 55 mph in the fast lane and can't handle grocery shopping.

by anonymousreply 606/19/2012

asians may be better educated and have higher incomes but they also have the smallest penises

by anonymousreply 706/19/2012

by anonymousreply 806/19/2012

R6 is not adept at repartee. What's next? Perhaps it's the Ching chong bit.

by anonymousreply 906/19/2012

There is hope yet for this country.

by anonymousreply 1006/19/2012

They are better educated when they arrive, so of course they continue that path.

What's so suprising?

by anonymousreply 1106/19/2012

[R7] thats not true, have you seen sean cody's models , oh man, thats white american size for you.

by anonymousreply 1206/19/2012

"They are better educated when they arrive.."

Which means they bring their right wing political and religious beliefs with them. Example: Koreans.

by anonymousreply 1306/19/2012

OMG, it's already like Russian Roulette on the highways!

by anonymousreply 1406/19/2012

I'll bet Hilda Solis is just totally shitting out tacos and beans this morning when she read this news.

by anonymousreply 1506/19/2012

Is Japanese or Chinese difficult to learn?

Are there different dialects of both languages? I have heard that Chinese has many dialects. What do MOST Chinese speak, Mandarin?

by anonymousreply 1606/19/2012

Yes, Mandarin, then Cantonese.

by anonymousreply 1706/19/2012

by anonymousreply 1806/19/2012

[quote]but they also have the smallest penises

Apparently that hasn't stopped them from reproducing now has it?

by anonymousreply 1906/19/2012

some of the most arch, right-wing nutjobs I know are Korean. Blows my mind.

A former boss will IM me every once awhile and complain about Obama. Like out of the blue. It doesn't help that he types like he speaks.

"Obama not good for small business. Make me pay more money so I can't hire new employee."

by anonymousreply 2006/19/2012

The title of this thread is misleading. Asians represent the largest share of new U.S. immigrants (36 percent) vs. Latinos (31 percent). They are not, however, anywhere near outbreeding Latinos. Check out the statistics for the total percentage of newborn babies who are Latino.

by anonymousreply 2106/19/2012

Asians -- specifically Tiger Kids -- are sound and fury, signifying nothing.

by anonymousreply 2206/19/2012

R21 Asians in the US are the only group to have their fertility go up in the last 10 years. Two studies came out last year that showed East and South Asians with unnaturally high number of male to female children in the US. East and South Asians in America are aborting female fetuses. Even with the increasing use of abortion among Asian populations they still had their fertility rates go up.

by anonymousreply 2306/19/2012

Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, etc.) still only make up 6% of the US population, so yes the headline is misleading. The article is about immigration percentages, not population percentage.

BTW I find it fascinating that the right wing trolls who go apeshit about "illegal" Mexicans and are all a twitter about "good" Asian immigrants, ignore the fact that about 15% of Asian immigrants are here "illegally".

by anonymousreply 2406/19/2012

With thirty-thousand you get eggroll

by anonymousreply 2506/19/2012

R21, fertility of Latinos in The UAnanda in Latin-America is going down across the board

by anonymousreply 2606/19/2012

This country is going to be fucked big time.

Now that there letting foreigners in through that new work visa.

Were going to end up paying more taxes for people coming over here getting hook ups for starting business that they'll only hire their own for.

Most of new jobs created they'll find a way to out source out or bring over family members to hire.

They already have the healthcare industry on lockdown.

Try ever finding a Asian working a blue collar job.

by anonymousreply 2706/19/2012

We knew this would happen!

by anonymousreply 2906/19/2012

One of our new Asians got out of jail today:

Dharun Ravi's early release called 'travesty of justice'

By Rene Lynch

This post has been corrected, as indicated below.

June 19, 2012, 1:20 p.m.

Former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi was released from custody Tuesday after serving 20 days on a 30-day sentence in the notorious "webcam" spying case, leading one prominent gay rights activists to label the release a "travesty of justice."

Ravi had been sentenced to 30 days in a New Jersey jail after he used a webcam to spy on his college roommate's tryst with another man. The roommate, Tyler Clementi, who had only recently come out as gay, killed himself in September 2010 after finding out about the webcam. He jumped off the George Washington Bridge.

Earlier this year, a jury convicted Ravi of more than a dozen charges, including invasion of privacy and bias intimidation.

"Dharun Ravi’s walk out of jail after only 20 days is practically a Monopoly game’s 'get out of jail free' card -- a travesty of justice," Steven Goldstein, chairman and chief executive of Garden State Equality, said in a statement. The organization is New Jersey's largest civil-rights organization for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

The executive director of another organization, Campus Pride, which is a national nonprofit working to make colleges and campuses safer for LGBT students, issued a statement saying he was "deeply disappointed and remains conflicted over the punishment in this case."

Shane Windmeyer said he hopes that schools nationwide have learned something from the tragic case: "Colleges and universities across the country need to take greater accountability for the safety of LGBT students and actively discourage the bystander behaviors that attributed to this tragedy."

In other developments in the case, the Associated Press reports that federal authorities will not try to deport Ravi back to India, where he is a citizen. Ravi came to the U.S. as a young child and is living here legally, but federal authorities can deport foreign citizens convicted of a crime.

Throughout the case, Ravi has been criticized as not showing sufficient remorse for his actions. Goldstein added to that criticism Tuesday, calling the relatively light sentence "a fleeting and repugnant non-lesson for a young man who passed up nearly every chance to show remorse."

The Associated Press says that Ravi still faces three years of probation, plus more than $11,000 in fines and assessments, 300 hours of community service and counseling.

[Updated at 1:10 p.m., June 19: An earlier version of this post mistakenly said that Clementi had not been open about his sexual orientation. In fact, shortly before his death, he had recently come out as gay.]

by anonymousreply 3006/19/2012

[quote] There is hope yet for this country.

What a stupid, vile and racist comment. As if the poor whites, blacks, and hispanics in this country need an asian savior to give us all "hope." Give me a fucking break.

And I don't think that the Asian immigrants that are mentioned in this thread, are the ones that are immigrating.

My guess is that rather than Japanese and Korean immigrants, there are tons of Filipinos, Chinese, Vietnamese and Indians immigrating.

Everywhere you go in this country there are tons of Filipinos and Chinese, even in places you wouldn't expect, like the mountains of North Carolina and the Dakota plains.

I have yet to encounter a hospital that does NOT have a Filipino nurse.

I'm not complaining. This country is a country of immigrants. What I don't appreciate are stupid remarks like "there's hope yet for this country," implying some type of asian superiority.

I couldn't possibly roll my eyes farther back into my head if I tried, about that statement.

by anonymousreply 3106/19/2012

The problem with the Chinese and Korean economies is, they are built on foundations of intellectual theft of Western (European and American) technology.

There is going to be a glass ceiling with all these new Chinese and Korean "tiger" graduates because they can not come up with truly original ideas and have to constantly steal from others.

Graduating from university today does not mean you are a thinker, just good at being student with supportive parental funding and increasing so today, good at gaming the education system for high marks.

Original ideas are what built up Europe and America to become world leaders.

by anonymousreply 3206/19/2012

by anonymousreply 3306/19/2012

The really cool thing about Asians is that they don't have 4 or 5 cars on their lawns like some groups do and their homes are just immaculata...I like this. And, I have met some Asian guys that were hung big too. But, being a top, those smoothe Asian bubble butts do it for me every time. And, they are so accomodating and many of them give great massages after you fuck them into's a "greatfull" thing I think.

by anonymousreply 3406/19/2012

by anonymousreply 3506/19/2012

Do Asians have baby mommas? Yeah, didn't think so.

by anonymousreply 3606/19/2012

Why do Asians drive so poorly? Slow....left-hand passing lane etc. etc.

by anonymousreply 3706/19/2012

Fuck all you racists.

by anonymousreply 3806/19/2012

Work VISAs are really code for Corporations refusing to pay a living wage.

by anonymousreply 3906/19/2012

This is kind of off topic, but I live in a city with a high Filipino population and the men dress like they're gay...all of them. Seriously Filipino men are the only straight men I've ever seen over forty wearing Abercrombie & Fitch t shirts.

by anonymousreply 4006/19/2012

[R32] lol! Please as if only Americans invented everything , even the thumbdrive was invented by Asian . Americans are the ones that are stagnating

by anonymousreply 4106/19/2012

There is nothing hotter than a totally smooth, subservient Asian bottom with nice pecs and an ass that you could bounce quarters off of....yummmmmy. And they are much cleaner than Mexican me on this.

by anonymousreply 4206/19/2012

[post by racist shit-stain removed.]

by anonymousreply 4406/19/2012

I hope you're joking, R43

by anonymousreply 4506/19/2012

Then get with an Asian guy, or a Mexican, black etc

by anonymousreply 4606/19/2012

I remember one of the frat boys at work saying that white boys who date Asian gals have something "fragile" inside.

by anonymousreply 4706/19/2012

Asians are outpacing Latinos because all of the Indians moving to the US. We have basically handed over the entire tech industry to India and now, China.

by anonymousreply 4806/19/2012

I knew this was happening three years ago when they started appearing in small Southern city/ towns where there are no blacks but now there are suddenly asians. They're mass buying/running gas station/food stops and hotels with ajoining restaurants and running them using their family members as employees. It pretty much happened overnight and some people in my aunt's community are wondering what's going on.

by anonymousreply 4906/20/2012

I live in San Francisco.

I could have told you this.

by anonymousreply 5006/20/2012

Tbhey fuck a lot too - hence their rising population.

by anonymousreply 5106/20/2012

Here in England the whole computer industry, computer repair companies, internet etc is all run by Asians - nobody else can get a look in.

by anonymousreply 5206/20/2012

They work hard - they were the ones keeping small shops open until late, using family as staff - while the residents didn't want to work late.

by anonymousreply 5306/20/2012

The term Asian is so diverse - for me Asian means Indian. Chinese or Japanese are oriental ...

by anonymousreply 5406/20/2012

Well, the Chinese refer to themselves as "Asian" as well as "Chinese"

by anonymousreply 5506/20/2012

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by anonymousreply 5606/20/2012

Old white men and young ladyboy gaysians make for a weird, disconcerting pairing.

by anonymousreply 5706/20/2012

R13, the majority of Asian Americans vote Democratic - it's important not to generalize about everyone.

by anonymousreply 5806/20/2012

R54 - "Oriental" to describe people is considered politically incorrect in the US, not so in England and the other Commonwealth countries.

by anonymousreply 5906/20/2012

r54 here, yes I am in England. To us asians are indians. We don't see chinese as asian.

by anonymousreply 6006/20/2012

Tax evasion is a pervasive issue among East Asians in the US. If you don't pay taxes you can save up to pay completely for college. It's why greedy college administrators like East Asians because they pay for college. Foreign countries particularly China also sponsor students to go to North American, European or Australian colleges by paying for their tuition and housing. Once again college administrators looking for the almighty dollar lure and roll out the red carpet to get these students.

R41 The USB flash drive was invented by three Israelis.

R27 East Asians in the US operate underground employment rings where East Asians are told where East Asian-owned businesses are looking for (East Asian only) employees. Word of mouth and East Asian language newspapers are usually how job openings are made known. Americans because they are unfamiliar with East Asians assume these business with their entire East Asian staff are family operated when they are not.

by anonymousreply 6106/20/2012

I don't think "Oriental" is ok anywhere - it's viewed as outdated and wrong.

by anonymousreply 6206/20/2012

Someone is going to have to pay for the social programs. Might as well be Asians, since Whites are going away.

by anonymousreply 6406/20/2012

No, corporate systems wants to get rid of social programs. It's all about money, money, money.

by anonymousreply 6506/20/2012

To me "Oriental" is a soup flavor for 20 cent soup at Walmart, not a person.

I think today most people under 40, use Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Filipino etc. and know the difference. Just like the Baby Boomer generation knew the difference between Italian, British, French, German, Dutch etc.

by anonymousreply 6606/20/2012

I know one place where their growing won't be outpacing that of Latinos.

by anonymousreply 6806/20/2012

Haaaapppy Happy Haapppy Talk!!!!!!

by anonymousreply 6906/20/2012

Tiger health care workers know when the bosses want turnover in their facility, they mean it. They also know how to get the best performance reviews:

Man says mom, 89, died after left outside nursing home in heat

June 20, 2012 | 9:10 am

The son of an 89-year-old woman is suing a Valencia assisted living facility, saying caretakers left the woman alone on an unshaded patio in 100-plus-degree weather last August, resulting in her death.

According to the suit, filed Wednesday morning in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Ronald Corn’s mother, Loretta Hooker, moved into Sunrise Sterling Canyon Assisted Living in July 2007 after "mild dementia and generalized weakness and fragility" made everyday tasks difficult.

As Hooker's dementia progressed, the suit said, she needed more help, prompting her son to move his mother to a section of the facility with increased assistance and security designed for residents with Alzheimer's and dementia. Hooker made the move in early April 2010.

On Aug. 17 of the following year, the suit said, Corn arrived at the facility for one of his twice-weekly visits with his mother and found her outside on a concrete patio "alone and under the hot summer sun with no shade or supervision."

"She was in obvious discomfort, appeared weak and was sweating profusely," the suit said. “Finding her in this unsafe and hazardous environment caused Mr. Corn great anguish and concern for his mother’s safety and well-being, particularly because she was unable to get back inside the facility without help.”

Hooker's son brought her inside, complained to supervisors and scheduled a meeting with the facility's executive director for the following week.

When waiting for that meeting a week later, the suit said, Corn saw his mother sitting alone on the same patio.

"This time, however, she was unresponsive, drenched with perspiration and in obvious respiratory distress," the suit said.

Paramedics took Hooker to a hospital emergency room, where doctors determined she was in cardiac arrest, the suit said. Doctors tried to cool Hooker's body but she was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Ed Winter, a spokesman with the Los Angeles County coroner’s office, told The Times Hooker died of cardiovascular disease and hyperthermia — essentially, Winter said, Hooker died because she had a bad heart and was left outside in the heat.

The lawsuit said Hooker’s body temperature was 103.3 degrees at the time of her death.

The suit accused the facility of elder abuse and neglect and wrongful death, among other items, and seeks damages including medical and funeral expenses, and "general damages for pain and suffering."

The California Department of Social Services investigated the incident after a “questionable death” complaint was filed against the care facility, records show. The state inquiry noted the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department had also conducted an investigation and believed neglect had occurred but said there was insufficient evidence to “charge anyone with a crime.”

The state cited the facility after determining caretakers did not stay with or check on Hooker within 10 minutes as she sat on the patio. A spokesman with the Department of Social Services said the care facility had appealed the citations, which are under review.

by anonymousreply 7006/20/2012

Far East Asians tend to be dirty, pick their noses all the time and have bad breath. You know it's true.

by anonymousreply 7106/20/2012

Watch your step, R71.

by anonymousreply 7206/20/2012

White people and their hard-ons for subservient Asians, and Asians trying so hard to appease their white master, are both GROSS. What a fucked up symbiotic relationship. I do laugh at the same white people who complain about blacks and Hispanics doing poorly in education, etc., but then whine when Asians completely eclipse them in academics, test scores and crowd them out of universities.

by anonymousreply 7306/20/2012

by anonymousreply 7404/16/2013

At least the natural laziness and corruption of the East Indians, combined with their lack of ethics and hatred of non-Indians, will help to tamp down their march towards global domination via the curry shacks of Wichita and the motels of Fresno.

by anonymousreply 7504/16/2013

Well maybe America'snational IQ will go up. A lot of car accidents though.

by anonymousreply 7604/16/2013

Rotta cal accidents.

by anonymousreply 7704/16/2013

^ Fail. L/R switching occurs in intervocalic position and word-initial position, but never in coda position.

by anonymousreply 7804/16/2013

Unlike white people, Asians voted for Obama, and in overwhelming numbers.

by anonymousreply 7904/16/2013

For being the fastest growing, they sure don't get very tall.

by anonymousreply 8004/16/2013

If you drive, this means we all need to leave earlier to make it to your destination on time.

by anonymousreply 8204/17/2013

OP, yeah! Asian guys are so hot! But then again, so are Latinos. Bring it on!

by anonymousreply 8304/17/2013

No sticky rice...

by anonymousreply 8404/17/2013

by anonymousreply 8504/17/2013

No, R34, they just grow hideous "gardens" in their front yards instead.

by anonymousreply 8604/17/2013

Oh great, I better be careful or I'll end up in someone's fucking stir-fry!

by anonymousreply 8704/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!