Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jo Nesbo, hot Norwegian crime writer

52 years old. Martin Scorsese has bought the rights to one of his novels. No mention of a wife anywhere. Any Norwegians at DL who can fill us in?

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2013

This thread is useless without pictures.

by Anonymousreply 106/16/2012

The link has a picture, and that is the first 50something who has ever given me a boner.

by Anonymousreply 206/16/2012

Nice body, pleasant looking man but a lot of over 50's are way hotter in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 306/16/2012

His main character is "a damaged alcoholic detective named Harry Hole."

by Anonymousreply 406/16/2012

I started his book Headhunters but it was too depressing. As he says, even he needs to take a break from his work at times, because it is so dark.

by Anonymousreply 506/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 606/16/2012

Jo Nesbo. Sounds like a name invented by George Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 706/16/2012

I'm Norwegian, but I know nothing about him.. sorry. I guess it's possible that he can be gay, I don't think he's openly gay though.. I've never heard anything about his sexuality tbh.

by Anonymousreply 806/16/2012

I thought he was a lesbian. I figured "Jo" was a short form of "Johanna" or something.

by Anonymousreply 906/16/2012

Read an article on Nesbo, and gaydar is pinging. He says he considered making Harry Hole gay, and the author of the piece writes: "If Nesbo has a partner, he is not prepared to say so."

He does have a teenage daughter, but that doesn't necessarily rule anything out.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2012

Scorcese bought the rights? Then we can absolutely, positively, expect Leonardo DiCaprio to play Harry Hole. Hole is tall, fair, forty-ish, and deeply fucked up, Marty probably bought the property for his favorite actor.

I will also bet you ten bucks that he changes Harry Hole's name, more's the pity.

by Anonymousreply 1111/23/2012

Is he gay? How big is his dick?

by Anonymousreply 1211/23/2012

I saw an interview with him where he talked about his long-time girlfriend, but who knows...

Most Scandinavian men "ping" to Americans...

by Anonymousreply 1311/23/2012

According to an interview, Nesbo had a long-term girlfriend by whom he has a daughter. It was having a child that set him writing fiction for kids. His image is indeed a little 'butch' gay, and he does not appear to have had a significant other for some time, so speculation is rife. I don't think we shall ever know. Perhaps because he wants us to read his books with no preconceived ideas?

by Anonymousreply 1409/08/2013

Highly doubtful that he's gay. His books are enjoyable but they can get a bit too manic and convoluted and plot-driven. I always have to make sure I don't have too much on before I start reading one of his books. Harry Hole is a bit of a stereotypical fictional detective - drunk, fucked up.

Hole, as in the name of his protagonist, does not mean the same thing as it does in English - it's the name of a Norwegian town and has a meaning more like "hill".

R10, in that interview he says, "I remember thinking about whether to make Harry one of those heroes who was a bit different in some way – gay, priest, disabled or whatever – or to run with the stereotype of the hardboiled, troubled maverick. And I deliberately chose the latter."

He's also in a not very good band, although it may have broken up since his brother and band guitarist died.

by Anonymousreply 1509/08/2013

It is pronounced "HO/LEE," as in Holy Spirit.

by Anonymousreply 1609/08/2013

Gigantisk skjeden elskeren. Veldig støttende av Erna Solberg.

by Anonymousreply 1709/08/2013

Hole is a bit stereotyped. Alcoholic and women can't resist him.

That said, I'm reading "The Snowman" and while it's convoluted as hell and I think I may have figured out who the Snowman is, it's a good read.

by Anonymousreply 1810/02/2013

He;s VERY well hung.

by Anonymousreply 1910/04/2013

Is there gay gossip about Scandinavian celebrities. This obsession with who's gay seems uniquely American.

by Anonymousreply 2010/05/2013

[quote]He says he considered making Harry Hole gay

Best line of all-time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

by Anonymousreply 2110/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!