Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Faye Dunaway

I'm sure there have been other threads here discussing what a crazy bitch she is, but I thought it was time for another.

I was watching some old Bette Davis interviews where she disses Faye, calling her "impossible" and "unprofessional."

Here's Faye's infamous voicemail meltdown for anyone who hasn't heard it.

Does anyone have any stories about what an incredible diva this woman is?

by Anonymousreply 25011/11/2014

Jesus she should just embrace Mommie Dearest! She would be much better off.

by Anonymousreply 106/11/2012

Agreed, r1. She doesn't realize what a recovery of interest she will experience should she come back to Mommie with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 206/11/2012

Wow- I wonder what is wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 306/11/2012

Ask Xan Brooks...

by Anonymousreply 406/11/2012

I think part of Faye's problem is that she is utterly humorless . Can't laugh, and embrace "Mommie Dearest", after all this time. Can't laugh off an incident on 'Chinatown', which was almost 40 years ago . She seems like a dour, miserable, bitch, who takes herself, and life, much too seriously. She says in the Guardian article that she's most like Bonnie, character-wise. I'd say she's most like the shrew, Diana, in "Network", who lived each day so high strung, and, devoid of human emotion, that ultimately, she was incapable of really enjoying anything.

by Anonymousreply 506/11/2012

Have to agree with r5. Jesus she comes off as a tempermental diva bitch on that voicemail. "That movie i was brilliant in". Lol She really needs to grow a sense of humor. She had a decent run in films. An oscar, an emmy and two golden globes. I think she would have been able to overcome mommie dearest if she wasnt so difficult to deal with in the industry. Every actor has their share of work they are not proud of. To her credit she talked about mommie dearest when james lipton interviewed her for inside the actors studio. Was kinda surprised she did. Im sure she still blames the film instead of herself for derailing her career. A lot of actors have bounced back from not so great films. I dont feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 606/11/2012

Mommie Dearest was on AMC this weekend and I wondered if Dunaway dies a little death every time it is broadcast. Must be a horrible way for a once-respected actress to live. And there really has been no comparison in Hollywood, before or since, where an acclaimed actress' career literally self-immolated overnight due to one disastrous performance. It was probably a rare, perfect storm of outrageously hamfisted acting, Dunaway's demanding and difficult personality offscreen and residual horror and revulsion at her complicity in taking down a Hollywood legend like Crawford. Talk about a whoopsie!

by Anonymousreply 706/11/2012

Friend toured with her in Master Class and liked Faye, but said she was very insecure and beyond needy. Also she was great to the cast and treated the crew like less than dirt.

Most interesting was that the show could vary nearly 20 minutes in length at any given performance based on Faye and her "tempo". I saw a SLOW one!

I also heard rehearsal tapes of Faye doing Sunset. She was no worse than Rita Moreno or Glenn Close. I still think Webber fired her for not selling enough tickets.

by Anonymousreply 806/11/2012

[quote] I was watching some old Bette Davis interviews where she disses Faye, calling her "impossible" and "unprofessional."

Davis loathed Dunaway. I think her hatred of Dunaway was on the same level as her hatred for Miriam Hopkins. One of the many reasons why I love Davis interviews was her candor; she never tried to put on some phony act of liking someone just for the cameras.

Here's the video below. Start at the 0:27 mark.

by Anonymousreply 906/11/2012

I was watching Supergirl again recently - I think Faye wasn't acting in it whole playing Selena.

by Anonymousreply 1006/11/2012

Dunaway has had many brilliant moments in her career - far more than today's crop of Hollywood hacks. Barfly, Network, Chinatown, and Bonnie and Clyde are all quality films that remain popular (and relevant) to contemporary audiences.

Faye is sick of talking about Mommie Dearest because it's ALL that people want to talk about. What more is there to even say about that film? Why should she "embrace" a movie that she regrets doing, and camp it up with wire hangers for the gays? That appraoch has done nothing for Patty Duke's standing as an actress. It's also demeaning to someone who is serious about their craft.

Furthermore, I think that working in Hollywood in the 60s and 70s was a tough game for women. You had to be a steely bitch to have any kind of artistic integrity. Dunaway is a ball buster, and she had to be to swim with sharks like Roman Polanski and Robert Evans.

by Anonymousreply 1106/11/2012

Don't you give me that crap, r11. Most of those 'classics' you talk about being relevant today showcase Dunaway playing a woman from a MAN'S perspective, something she is all too happy to go along with and champion. I guess she has the futile notion that being around what she believes to be a 'strong virile' man will rub off on her own performance.

She's a damn coward for turning her back on Mommie - a role so awesome and exotic in its effectiveness that you'd think she was performing Noh Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 1206/11/2012

Hopkins was staggeringly great in Dr. Jeckyll. She would have made best actress on my Oscar ballot.

by Anonymousreply 1306/11/2012

R12, I think Mommie Dearest is a great performance. Dunaway gives an operatic, Kabuki-esque reading of Joan Crawford. It's one of a kind, really. However, people just want to babble the taglines from the film and wave around wire hangers. No wonder Dunaway doesn't want to give them the time of day.

Also, what were the options for female actresses in the 70s other than playing women from a male perspective? Fonda, Burstyn, and others all did it, and on a much more demeaning scale than Dunaway (Barbarella, anyone?).

by Anonymousreply 1406/11/2012

Does anybody remember her bit part in "Little Big Man" where her comedic portrayal of the slutty preacher's wife was hilarious?

by Anonymousreply 1506/11/2012

Agreed that Dunaway as Crawford was brilliant but I think it also laid bare many of Dunaway's own worst qualities and idiosyncracies.

Indeed, I suspect Crawford may have been slightly more of a sympathetic (if deeply flawed) figure in real life, but Mommie Dearest is Grand Guignol, Shakespearean camp, and 'Mommie' is clearly the villain.

by Anonymousreply 1606/11/2012

What insane apologist started the ridiculous defense of Faye Dunaway's outrageous performance in Mommie Dearest as some kind of conscious, artistically understandable Kabuki choice on the part of the actress? It's insulting. This was no experimental film made by college film students in the early 80s. It was major studio, big budget, mainstream entertainment about the hidden corners of a well known Hollywood star's home life. It was a hugely miscalculated, grossly exaggerated and larger than anything resembling life performance that Dunaway was rightly pilloried and shunned for. So please, enough with the Kabuki!

by Anonymousreply 1706/11/2012

I disagree R17.

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2012

Imagine if you're an actor and the only film that's mentioned is an overwrought seriously questionable BIOPIC of a famous person. The film (via the book) was trash through and through. It was degrading to everyone concerned, certainly to Joan Crawford whom as bad as might have been didn't deserve such an odious biopic. I believe Dunaway, as a fellow actor, realized her mistake in making such a film: she thought it was a serious production when in fact it was less credible than SUPERGIRL. She showed Hollywood her desperation: she gave a forcibly over the top and powerful performance, shooting the gamut of her artillery for a film as serious as an Ed Wood jr production. It was a complete miscalculation on her part. It's understandable why she doesn't want any part of it.

by Anonymousreply 2106/11/2012

Thanks for your opinion, R17. I've considered it and discarded it.

by Anonymousreply 2206/11/2012

Daniel Day Lewis has been given Oscars for giving performances that ripped off Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest.

Hollywood really is a shitheap of sexism, hypocrisy and pretention. The kind of people that ridicule Faye as Crawford lap this shit up as high art:

by Anonymousreply 2306/11/2012

Oh Hell YES R23.

And Nicholson keeps getting Oscars for playing himself and for giving one of three expressions: Letch, Stoned or Pushing Out A Fart.

Amen to the 1000x...

by Anonymousreply 2406/11/2012

I couldn't agree more with R23 and r24.

by Anonymousreply 2506/11/2012

It was actually Roger Ebert (among other film critics) that compared Faye's performance to Noh/Kabuki theater. It's a valid comparison, IMHO, and one that recognizes the value in Dunaway's performance outside of the obvious (and, quite frankly, tedious) proclamations of camp.

by Anonymousreply 2606/11/2012

The Noh/Kabuki observation is shallow. Joan was shown either completely made up or in cold cream. You could make the same argument for any performance where an actress sleeps, bathes or swims in full makeup.

by Anonymousreply 2706/11/2012

I just saw her on a repeat of Grey's Anatomy. Her line delivery is EXACTLY las in Mommie.

by Anonymousreply 2806/11/2012

Regarding Faye in Sunset, according to people involved in the show, she had some moments that were absolutely stunning. But her voice sucked. Webber couldn't close the show while getting her vocally ready so they just paid her off. And as the person said to me, she got a lot more mileage out of not being in it than had she been in it and trashed.

by Anonymousreply 2906/11/2012

[quote] I just saw her on a repeat of Grey's Anatomy. Her line delivery is EXACTLY as in Mommie.

I *know* - I totally noticed that too.

And she kept calling Sandra Oh's character - one of her scene partners - Dr. Yang and JUST ONCE I wanted her to say her first name, which is of course "Cristina."

by Anonymousreply 3006/11/2012

When was she in GA?

by Anonymousreply 3106/11/2012

I was talking to a flight attendant who had Miss Dunaway on a flight a number of years ago. He was in his 20's at the time and had no clue who she was. He said she was pretty demanding and needy and she finally asked him if she knew who she was (since he wasn't giving ger the "star" treatment). He still didn't know who she was after she told him and he said she then read her book and he never heard much from her the rest of the flight.

by Anonymousreply 3206/12/2012

I will love Faye forever simply for the fact that she threw a cup of her urine on Roman polanski

by Anonymousreply 3306/12/2012

I've seen her at The Sunshine Cafe in Cathederal City and Micheals Cafe in Rancho Mirage, both times she was making a scene. ...seems unstable.

by Anonymousreply 3406/12/2012

r9's link gave me chills when I saw this in the comments section under the Davis interview:

"Luka Magnotta is Bette Davis' cousin.

1999vamp in reply to aldm1967 7 months ago"

Yep, the Canadian psycho posted under the Bette Davis video 7 months ago. Creepy how he was all over the internet. He seemed to want to connect himself to the famous (Bette Davis) and infamous (Karla Homolka).

by Anonymousreply 3506/12/2012

I used to work in an antique store that was the size of a warehouse. They had 132 individual antique dealers who rented individual spaces. One of the antique dealers that I knew rented a space in another location as well. He just came in one day, and he said to me, guess who came into the other antique store where I rent space from as well? Faye Dunaway. He said she was in the city doing a show. He said:

Faye came into the antique store, and she went up to the clerk's desk saying loudly in a way like she wanted everyone to know who she was, YOU! WHOOOO! CAN SOMEONE HELP MEEEE! The clerk went up to her asking her how he may help her. She had an antique item in her hands, and she said, yes, I would like a discount on this please! She was getting ready to pay, which obviously there was no doubt in her mind they would say no. The clerk said, I'm sorry ma'am but there are no discounts in our store. She abruptly said, WHAT?!! I happen to shop here often!! which was a lie, She demanded to speak with the antique dealer immediately! The clerk said one moment please because I need to call him. The antique dealer is at home. So, the clerk called the antique dealer, and asked if Ms. Dunaway could have a discount? The answer was no. The clerk told her the dealer said all prices are firm. She yanked the phone receiver out of the clerk’s hand, and repeated, I shop here often! also! do you know who your talking to?!! The dealer on the phone would not budge, so she abruptly left the store very angry.

by Anonymousreply 3606/12/2012

And She was so powerful on the Starlet!

by Anonymousreply 3706/12/2012

She was born in Two Egg, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 3806/12/2012

She's good as Joan Crawford, but the film is very flawed. The director seems to have no grip on the material, and there are times when you feel like you're watching a comedy. That fight scene in particular looks like something THE NAKED GUN movies could have done ten years later. John Waters is right when he said it was the first comedy ever made about child abuse. So yes, a great performance in a very bad movie.

Dunaway might have been insulted by the bizzare and tasteless attempt to turn it into a ROCKY HORROR type of movie after it struggled at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 4006/12/2012

r40 - good. It's a wonderful thing that the movie narrative, shots and the director did not get in Faye's way - as should be the case with all great actors. Faye was simply giving a one-woman stage theatre performance in a story only she was told by unseen forces on the set of Mommie Dearest. It's as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 4106/12/2012

Trust John Waters to try and make the movie 'hip' to suit his own sensibility. He couldn't just leave the damn thing alone. He had to make it 'safe' for the gay community by aligning Faye's Mommie with his Divine, Rocky Horror and those Warhol people. I suppose she was too QUEER to take even for HIM, so he had to break her down with the clichéd cynical 'Let's expose this for what it really is!' satire. Believe me, I've been to participation screenings of Mommie. I've heard the forced laughter of my fellow gays as they prepare for the night raid scene, when its clear to me that if they were alone they would STFU, tolerate the awkward silences and not force an emotion to come over them, allowing HER to get through. Nobody has given Mommie a chance to SPEAK for HERSELF down all these years, not even Faye. That is the real tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 4206/12/2012

She looks sane here.

by Anonymousreply 4306/12/2012

Faye needs to embrace her kabukiesque Mommie. And thank you r12, I've been searching for a descriptive, kabuki nails it!

Personally, I think that her distancing herself from the film hurt her more than if she rode the wave. Yeah, it's over-the-top bad, but brilliantly awful has sustained the wreckage for decades.

Speaking of Kabuki, watch Elizabeth Taylor in Boom. It's another studio mess of a success derailed and fabulously awful.

by Anonymousreply 4406/12/2012

[quote]Nobody has given Mommie a chance to SPEAK for HERSELF down all these years, not even Faye. That is the real tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 4506/12/2012

I agree, R42. We don't need to view EVERY movie through an ironic, postmodern lens. In fact, I don't know that "camp" even exists outside of John Waters' (badly) aging body of work.

If anything, people have elevated camp into the mainstream where it's now a marketable genre. It has been coopted by the cultural machine, so it's no longer a valid form of criticism.

by Anonymousreply 4606/12/2012

The queens referring to "Mommie" are desperate and pathetic old wrecks.

by Anonymousreply 4706/12/2012

r47 has Mommie issues. For real.

by Anonymousreply 4806/12/2012

r44, so glad you brought that up!!!! BOOM. Dear god!

RICHARD BURTON: In Xanadu did Kubla Khan, a stately pleasure-dome decree. Where Alph, the sacred river, ran through caverns measureless to man down to a sunless sea.

LIZ: Whaaaaa?!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4906/12/2012

Here's the scene where Liz does her Kabuki bit:

by Anonymousreply 5006/12/2012

"So, you're acting?"

"Mostly in Noh. I think I might be pretty good."

"Good luck, darling!"

"They just announced your mother is going to stand in for you under you're well...."

by Anonymousreply 5106/12/2012

An old Hollywood story, variously attributed to her, Kathleen Turner, Cybill Shepherd, etc. There's a scene in "The Champ" where she sticks her head in a bucket of water. The crew hated her so much that they took a piss in the bucket before she did it. In the Turner version, it was in the bubble bath in "Romancing the Stone."

by Anonymousreply 5206/12/2012

Not to derail this thread but if you haven't watched the Bette Davis interview at r9, you should! Even though the host is Gary Collins, Bette is as sharp as a tack about Faye but also so many other things. What a joy she is to watch, even as late in life as this.

by Anonymousreply 5306/12/2012

I have had several interactions with Faye, as have friends. She's absolutely bat-shit. Too many stories to share. I'll reduce it to this one:

A friend of mine was walking down Willoughby (Faye's street) when all of a sudden he sees a maid leave a house and start walking super fast down the street. It was early morning. Faye, dressed in slippers and a gown/bathrobe, swans out the gate and begins chasing the maid, yelling, "Wait, Rosa, wait! Come back. Come back!"

Rosa turns around and says very sharply to Faye, "THIS is why you don't have any friends!"

The maid then turns on her heels and continues to fast walk away down the street.

Faye is an absolute bi-polar, coked-out train wreck and anyone and everyone who has interacted with her out of the spotlight knows it.

That is not to say that she isn't an utterly brilliant actress. And perhaps it is why.

by Anonymousreply 5406/12/2012

r54, are you sure her name wasn't Helga instead of Rosa?

by Anonymousreply 5506/12/2012

I see nothing so outrageous or what I would call a "meltdown" in that message. She's not screaming or anything, and I have a feeling her issues were legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 5606/12/2012

I'm with you r56 that's hardly a meltdown. Who released the tape? How did end up on YT?

Btw, if FD were really the humourless shrew that some of you say she is she would have gotten the tape yanked off of YT.

by Anonymousreply 5706/12/2012

Wait, R54, come back, come back! Come back and tell us more stories!

by Anonymousreply 5806/12/2012

I might as well have Meltdown tattooed on my backside!

by Anonymousreply 5906/12/2012

A few years ago, somebody posted here about Faye having food delivered to her home in WeHo. The poster said that she cracked the door open, said something like "You wanna go for a ride? I'll take you for a ride!" and grabbed the food and slammed the door shut without paying.

by Anonymousreply 6006/12/2012

She's become incredibly pretentious. The Mommie Dearest experience obviously left her incredibly insecure about her talent:

by Anonymousreply 6106/12/2012

Years ago I was in a national tour of a musical, and we seemed to follow the Master Class tour with Dunaway everywhere we went. At one of the theaters, the entire local crew had made t-shirts that said "We're Done-away with Faye" in celebration of her leaving their theater. Apparently there wasn't a single crew member that hadn't had some kind of run-in with her.

by Anonymousreply 6206/12/2012

That's why we love her!!

by Anonymousreply 6306/12/2012

Helga was a slovenly cow.

by Anonymousreply 6406/12/2012

Is it really her on twitter? She posts once in a while about editing her Master Class movie. It's like her answer to Capote's Answered Prayers.

by Anonymousreply 6506/12/2012

What does she do for money? She's famous for running around wanting discounts - is this just movie star entitlement or does she amp it up, hoping to intimidate people and save money?

I saw Mommy Dearest with my SO when it was first released. We saw it on East 86th Street. This was before they tried to Rocky Horror it by switching the newspaper ad campaign. The theatre was packed. I think everybody did their best to make like it was Serious Drama but gave it up as hopeless and everybody began yelling back at the screen and cracking up. It was one of the few times an entire audience had shown up for one thing, collectively agreed it was something else, and just settled in for a good time. It was one of the most fun times at the movies from that period. Later I remember showing my SO the ad saying "No more wire hangers - ever!!" because I realized most audiences must have been reacting like ours so the distributors made the best of it.

by Anonymousreply 6606/12/2012

I watched Thomas Crown Affair last night, she was so glamorous in it.

by Anonymousreply 6706/12/2012

Please, the woman is cuckoo. Look at that crap at R61. She's a complete neurotic.

by Anonymousreply 6806/12/2012

Faye was gorgeous in her youth.

by Anonymousreply 6906/12/2012

The whole world hangs off these cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 7006/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 7106/12/2012

I really think she should do a movie playing Mickey Rourke after a sex change.

by Anonymousreply 7206/12/2012

Just want to clarify, I am not trying to insult Faye by saying she and Mickey should share a role. I still think she has an interesting face and if Glenn Close can do it why can't Faye?

by Anonymousreply 7306/12/2012

Footage of Faye as Maria Callas:

by Anonymousreply 7406/12/2012

Here's a clip of Faye in Grey's. Speaking of Grey's, I notice Katherine Heigl has the kind of rep that Faye once did. Nobody likes a moody actress.

by Anonymousreply 7506/12/2012

I don't really think Faye has that much to be embarrassed about re "Mommie Dearest." Diana Scarwid, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 7606/12/2012

r76 makes a good point. I think with Faye's performance in MOMMIE DEAREST, you can tell you're still in the presence of a great actress, just one making absurdly over-the-top and outlandish choices that push her into camp. Whereas Scarwid actually seems truly incompetent... It boggles my mind that she was nominated for an Oscar for INSIDE MOVES (I haven't seen it). Is she actually good in it?

by Anonymousreply 7706/12/2012

Scarwid was fantastic in Mommie and so true to life - a common trait of child abuse victims is for them to speak slowly and quietly in the presence of the offending parent.

by Anonymousreply 7806/12/2012

R75 - I think you are on to something about the similarities between Faye and Heigl.

by Anonymousreply 7906/12/2012

R77 i watched inside moves about a year ago. It was ok. Diana had some nice scenes and a natural sweet charisma. Very understated. Nothing like mommie dearest.

by Anonymousreply 8006/12/2012

Diana Scarwid's talent improved over the years.

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2012

Faye's autobiography was like watching paint dry. And I like Faye.

by Anonymousreply 8206/12/2012

Here's Faye's twitter. I think it's a good idea if people send her tweets mentioning her incredible evocations of Kabuki and Noh when playing Mommie Dearest. She needs to know that there are fans of the movie who aren't just vacuous commentators of the 'camp' aspect. She needs to know that people find it fascinating and that if she looked at the whole enterprise from a different perspective it would benefit her to open up a dialogue about her most provocative creative accomplishment.

I mean it.

Let's go:

by Anonymousreply 8306/12/2012

I saw the movie when I was a kid and thought she was amaaaazing and that the movie was great. I watched it again a few month ago and thought it was awful. What a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 8406/12/2012

R69, yes Dunaway was simply stunning back in the day, as evidenced by the famous Jerry Schatzberg photos (linked below). Unfortunately, her legendary beauty was diminished by an equally legendary temperament (and later, bad plastic surgery). It just doesn't pay to be a nasty bitch -- people will tolerate it for awhile, but sooner or later, they will get tired of your shit and stop hiring you.

by Anonymousreply 8506/13/2012

Someone posted on IMDB years ago that they used to work in a video store that Faye frequented and that she would never come in to return her movies. She would honk and honk until someone came out or she would just throw the movies out of her car window. How do people get like this? I odn't really see Jane Fonda or someone of her era acting like that.

by Anonymousreply 8606/13/2012

LMFAO at the image of Faye throwing the videos out the car window toward the video store.

by Anonymousreply 8706/13/2012

Me too R87! I picture Faye, sunglasses on, just speeding past the video store and chucking her videos out the window, then peeling away with a cloud of dust behind her car. Funny!

by Anonymousreply 8806/13/2012

Its not Faye who is awful in Mommie Dearest - she is fine its the film itself that is drek, badly cast, hardly anyone in it - it jumps around with no logic or continuity and seems to string scenes from Joan's films as being part of her real life, and its shot and directed like a tv show. That all adds to the camp value of course.

I saw Faye on stage in London in the 80s in that well received play Circe & Bravo, where she was a president's wife, cant remember much about it though.

by Anonymousreply 8906/13/2012

She should never have done that awful Wicked Lady remake for Michael Winner, which he tarted up with topless serving wenches etc. I wonder if Faye and Gielgud and gay Alan Bates discussed what drek they were in, still hardly anyone saw it - but it was another nail in her professional reputation.

by Anonymousreply 9006/13/2012

R68 that is one example of the many actors and actress who want the public to think they are intellectual and they speak so brilliantly. I'm so sick of these celebrities going on shows like Charlie Rose and they ware these bland plain clothes, and sometimes uncombed hair so their appearance will come off like they are very intellectual, and if you ask these same people about various factors regarding current affairs, classic literature, or various other subjects, they would probably say, who? what’s that?!

BTW, I think Faye Dunaway did an excellent job in Mommie Dearest. The way she transformed herself as Joan Crawford by her mannerisms, and the way she spoke is truly amazing! The film over all could have been better, and it could have been interesting if it was done differently. However, I wouldn't put this film in a camp category. Mommie Dearest was about the facade world and image that Joan created that she wanted the public to believe. When in reality, she was entirely different behind closed doors. Also, this film is about what her daughter went through.

Sorry OP, I’m not trying to interfere with your topic but there are two things I would like to address.

R50, that kimono that Liz is wearing in Boom, was auctioned off in Elizabeth’s auction some months ago. Apparently she loved that kimono so much that she was able to keep it, and she wore it to parties and events in real life. It truly is beautiful. The film on the other hand is super bad.

That interview with Bette Davis is amazing! They sure don’t make celebrities like that anymore!! It’s so sad the era of Bette Davis’s Hollywood is gone. Now as a whole, films and celebrities are nothing but scatterbrain bimbos, and cotton candy boring losers who are as interesting and electrifying as particleboard.

by Anonymousreply 9106/13/2012

Boom though looks amazing with that set in Sardinia and Liz in that head-dress - it takes camp to a new level. Gay-ish director Joseph Losey certainly knew what he was doing here. Wonder how long it took that stud to perfect carrying Noel Coward on his shoulders?

Back to Faye - her Milady in the Musketeers films is priceless too, her scenes with Michael York -also in his prime then - show 2 amazing blondes together, then Oliver Reed smoulders as only he can, and Faye throttles Raquel Welch - what's not to love ? Its a riot of glitzy costumes and Richard Lester's humour.

by Anonymousreply 9206/13/2012

That's an interesting view of the film, r21. Her performance in "Mommie" was brave and strong acting. She held nothing back. She wrote in her biography that the director of the film could not control the performances and was of no help. It is strange film even in the few scenes Faye isn't in.

by Anonymousreply 9306/13/2012

I love Bette Davis's "I shall raise my glass NEVAH to Miss Faye Dunaway!" Makes me cackle every time I see it.

by Anonymousreply 9406/13/2012

Defending Faye, SHE was the star of the tv film with Bette Davis - Bette was no doubt madly jealous that Faye was playing the lead (Aimee Simple McPherson) and not she ... and maybe felt she was treated with due deference by Faye and the crew. Just saying ...

by Anonymousreply 9506/13/2012

These fucking videotapes aren't going to return themselves!

by Anonymousreply 9606/13/2012

I think Bette envied Faye tremendously - after all, Faye had the beauty of a Joan Crawford and the talent of a Bette Davis.

The withered old prototype couldn't pass on the baton.

by Anonymousreply 9706/13/2012

Faye as Isabella I, of Castille. Calls to mind Glenda Jackson's famed Elizabeth. Perhaps Faye has never been more beautiful and vibrant in her career:

by Anonymousreply 9806/13/2012

Here's another Faye Dunaway story: my former employer had several informal policies specifically regarding how to handle Faye. One of the biggest ones was that no women were to talk to her. Faye is the worst and most blatant misogynist I have ever encountered. Before they were even done introducing themselves, Faye would be literally screaming full blast that they were incompetent and she wasn't going to stand for it anymore! This would occur literally when a woman was in the middle of introducing herself to Faye. When a man stepped in, Faye would return to "normal." So that big strong male thing is real in her life. Also, it was amazing how she could literally begin a conversation at level ten screaming-whack-a-doo. These first hand experiences made me conclude that her brain chemistry had been forever altered by years of drug use. Her crazy shit is not situational. When she opens her mouth, it's just what comes out when the cameras aren't on.

by Anonymousreply 9906/13/2012

r99 - that's why Faye is haunted by Mommie. She's terrified of being a woman and what it means.

by Anonymousreply 10006/13/2012

[quote]that's why Faye is haunted by Mommie. She's terrified of being a woman and what it means.

by Anonymousreply 10106/13/2012

I read this somewhere years ago and can't provide a link, but wasn't Anne Bancroft originally slated to play Crawford? And if I recall, she may have even shot some footage (test?) before she withdrew.

by Anonymousreply 10206/13/2012

R102- you are correct. but she wisely dropped out; so many of crawford's cronies were still very much alive, and the feeling around hollywood wasn't great about the movie. i think bancroft was old school, and a team player.

i would love if test footage surfaced! or at least a picture of bancroft in makeup, but i'm not sure it got to that point. crawford herself thought dunaway was one of the best actresses in hollywood, ironic how it all turned out for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 10306/13/2012

Which was the last film she made before the plstic surgery turned her into a moonface with chiclet tooth caps? Was it Barfly or Beverly Hills Madame? She was so much more striking before with the hooded eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10406/13/2012

It boggles my mind that Faye disowns the Mommie fanbase and yet welcomes lovers of this with open arms (even doing DVD commentary!):

by Anonymousreply 10506/13/2012

She's far more entertaining in "Supergirl" than St. Meryl is in the snooze-a-thon "Iron Lady."

by Anonymousreply 10606/13/2012

Couldn't Karen Black have played Joan?

by Anonymousreply 10706/13/2012

@R105 -- Hart Bochner! Swoon.

by Anonymousreply 10806/13/2012

Love how Faye flirts with Hart in her best "I can handle.... the socks....." style.

by Anonymousreply 10906/13/2012

One critic of the film thought that the only way it would have worked was if Dunaway showed us a Crawford we didn't know. Her performance is based more on Crawford's roles. I think Crawford was incredibly insecure in real life (always trying to please her fans, ashamed of her lack of education)etc. and there's very little vulnerability in Dunaway's performance.

by Anonymousreply 11006/13/2012

Faye's Joan acts even grander/phonier than the real Joan did, if that's possible.

by Anonymousreply 11106/13/2012

Dunaway played Crawford as if she was mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 11206/13/2012

But Crawford WAS mentally ill, Blanche! She WAS!

by Anonymousreply 11306/13/2012

I didn't know that Joan Crawford was uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 11406/13/2012

Was Bette Davis an educated person?

by Anonymousreply 11506/13/2012

Joan Crawford singing and dancing in 1929.

by Anonymousreply 11606/13/2012

I was employed by a company that did some work for Faye, and on occasion, I had to go to her home. She was lovely to me, incredibly gracious, and always remembered my name (There were other "stars" I saw 30-40 times who couldn't be bothered). One morning, when I had to get to her house at 5 because she had a plane to catch, she had coffee and muffins (That she baked) waiting - "Take the rest with you, I won't be back for a month."

I also have friends who live on her block, and while she doesn't like excessive noise, they all say she's a quiet, drama-free neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 11706/13/2012

Faye Dunaway threads always make me pee at some point. The image of her hair flopping back and forth as she violently beats on her car horn outside a Blockbuster Video, wordlessly shouting at the workers within to come get her videos--and then chucking them out the window--leaves me in need of Ladypants.

by Anonymousreply 11806/13/2012

"AW, PALLY!!!! That's what he calls yer, when he can't remember yer name!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 11906/14/2012

My favorite scene in Mommie Dearest was when Joan, nearly strangling poor Tina to death, suddenly ROARS like King Kong and knocking down her maid and Barbara Bennett when they attempted to pull her off of Tina.

Cracks me up EVERY time! The director was either the biggest incompetent hack of all time or a brilliant filmmaker who saw the funny camp potential in the material and milked it for what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 12006/14/2012

r88 I have not laughed so hard in months. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 12106/15/2012

R120, all the scenes in Mommie Dearest are absolute gems, but the "why did you adopt me?" strangulation scene, complete with panty-flashing and King Kong roar, seems to be everybody's favorite.

I also love the opening scene where we watch Joan go through her morning OCD rituals.

And on a side note, Joan's walk-in closet/dressing area is to die for. Seriously, I would love to have that.

by Anonymousreply 12206/15/2012

One of the most pretentious, cloying screenplays of all time (Paddy whats his name). Faye is way more camp in THIS movie... watch the moment where she takes a tea cup out of the cabinet. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 12306/15/2012

That scene where Faye tells the daughter to clean up the bathroom. Then the daughter says, but how? and Faye says figure it out!! She turns and looks cross eyed.

by Anonymousreply 12406/15/2012

Barbara, please!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12506/15/2012

Yeah, what was the point of the panty flash? In retrospect, it's almost orgasmic, the epic finish to one of the most over the top scenes in movie history.

by Anonymousreply 12606/15/2012

I would love to know what faye was thinking while watching dailies and filming this movie. Didnt she realize what the film was gonna become filming these campy, bizarre and outrageous scenes? I know she was contractually obligated but im sure she signed up for a hard hitting look at the life and insecurities of a movie star and child abuse but became a train wreck rapidly because of the director.

by Anonymousreply 12706/15/2012

WOW! I was looking at different books on Amazon. There is a book called, Secret Lives of Great Filmmakers by Robert Schnackenberg. click on the picture of the book ,and there is a search bar. Type in Faye Dunaway. The dirt is on page 177 under Oh Faye! Holy Moly! the author talks about Faye on the set of The China Syndrome. Mama Mia! what a monster she was on that set. After reading that, I'm convinced Faye needs major therapy for severe mental illness!

You have to read that page! She is queen of all bitches!

by Anonymousreply 12806/16/2012

I've always thought that R127. Didn't someone, even the craft services guy, notice it was a little...much?

by Anonymousreply 12906/16/2012

R128 - don't you mean "Chinatown"?

by Anonymousreply 13006/16/2012

I assume you mean "Chinatown", R127, unless Faye morphed into Jane Fonda. Remember she was working with Polanski, that great misogynist, on that film who treated Faye abominably.

by Anonymousreply 13106/16/2012

She's my daughter! She's my sister! She's my great-grandmother!

by Anonymousreply 13206/16/2012

[quote] One of the most pretentious, cloying screenplays of all time (Paddy whats his name). Faye is way more camp in THIS movie... watch the moment where she takes a tea cup out of the cabinet. Hilarious.

You're out of your fucking mind. Network is beyond brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 13306/16/2012

r133, my my we ARE defended are we not?

by Anonymousreply 13406/16/2012

Apparently, Polanksi wouldn't allow Dunaway to go on bathroom breaks if it meant interrupting the scene. Again, no wonder Dunaway morphed into a total ballbuster after having worked with misogynists like Polanski.

by Anonymousreply 13506/16/2012

[quote] my my we ARE defended are we not?

Now I get it. You didn't understand Network because English is not your first language, so most of it was lost on you.

by Anonymousreply 13606/16/2012

Oh, come on--there's Method and then there's Madness. Dunaway and that teacup scene are definitely on the madness scale. It's hysterical overacting. Her sitcom should have had such hilarity in it; I'd love to see someone edit that scene with some canned laughter. Go to it, YouTubers!

by Anonymousreply 13806/16/2012

FD should embrace Mommie Dearest as Patty Duke has done with Valley of the Dolls, for many years PD HATED VOTD and now has made a semi career of promoting it. Somewhere on YouTube there is a tribute she did in San Fran, a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 13906/16/2012

I think if someone put the Benny Hill music to that NETWORK scene it would add a lot.

by Anonymousreply 14006/16/2012

r138 - your wish is my command!!!

by Anonymousreply 14106/16/2012

Seriously, R139. Faye is still so uptight about Mommie Dearest and just needs to let it go and embrace it for what it is. Patty Duke hated Valley of the Dolls for many years until two gay male friends of hers sat her down and played the movie for her, and made fun of the whole thing. At that moment, a lightbulb went off over Patty's head and she realized that VOTD has brought so much joy and laughter to so many people, that she looked at the movie in a totally different way. Patty is now totally in on the joke and appreciates VOTD for the unintentional hilarious comedy that it is. Faye needs to lighten up and do the same.

by Anonymousreply 14206/16/2012

agree r142

by Anonymousreply 14306/16/2012

r141 - holy fuck you are a fucking genius! OMG - please let me know where I can deliver you a homemade basket of goodies! Please come sit next to MEEE.

by Anonymousreply 14406/16/2012

Good job R141. That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 14506/16/2012

R141, I echo 144's sentiments! If this wasn't an anonymous board, I'd find out your address and send you a thank you gift! I LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 14606/16/2012

This recording of Mike McDonald talking about being Faye's comedy coach has been posted numerous times on DL, but I think it's worth posting again.

by Anonymousreply 14706/17/2012

All these posts about Faye and her craziness.

What about her son? Did he survive unscathed ?

by Anonymousreply 14806/17/2012

r88, so Faye Dunaway literally is a Bitch-on-Wheels!

by Anonymousreply 14906/17/2012

If Faye Dunaway, Streisand, Aretha, Miss Ross and Patti LuP had a bitch contest, who'd win?

by Anonymousreply 15006/17/2012

R150 I think it would be a three way tie between Dunaway, Streisand, and Miss Ross.

by Anonymousreply 15106/17/2012

R150, what, no Liza?

by Anonymousreply 15206/17/2012

LMAO, R147! I had never heard that before. Do we have any idea what film she was auditioning for? Did it ever get made?

by Anonymousreply 15306/17/2012

Is that MadTV Mike McDonald? Cause there appear to be two comedians with that name.

by Anonymousreply 15406/17/2012

Is the Bette film The Stepford Wives?

by Anonymousreply 15506/17/2012

That Mike McDonald clip is hysterical . Think it shows the true nervous insanity of Faye. . Worked so great in "Chinaton", & "Network" - but now I'm starting to believe that anxious, stuttering , craziness really is Faye .

by Anonymousreply 15606/17/2012

More bizarreness from Wikipedia:

"She and O'Neill have one child, Liam O'Neill (born 1980). In 2003, despite Dunaway's earlier claims that she had given birth to Liam, Terry claims that Liam was adopted."

Either way, I want him inside me.

by Anonymousreply 15706/17/2012

Her biography is very odd on the subject of the son. She never actually says that she is pregnant but talks about it in general terms, so maybe she did not actually give birth herself ...

by Anonymousreply 15806/18/2012

He's my son! Aaaaaand my brother!

by Anonymousreply 15906/18/2012

The Mike McDonald clip is the funniest thing I've heard in a week. It makes me think her performance in Mommie Dearest wasn't an act.

by Anonymousreply 16006/18/2012

It is Michael McDonald of Mad TV fame. The bit comes from a 2002 CD "Beth Lapides' Un-Cabaret: The Un & Only." Based on clues in the material, I think she was auditioning for that Bette Midler Jacqueline Susann movie, the part that Stockard Channing played. I'm sure the producers decided Bette was enough diva for one movie.

by Anonymousreply 16106/18/2012

r11 I disagree Patty Duke embracing VOTD has not helped or hurt her career in any way shape or form. All it has done is make her realize that some people enjoy the film and why not realize it is what it is. Maybe if FD talked about it people wouldn't bring it up so often???

by Anonymousreply 16206/19/2012

I see nothing really wrong with that meltdown. I think 95% of Hollywood stars would be that way. Why shouldn't she want her career highlights mentioned over her flops?

by Anonymousreply 16306/19/2012

r163 I agree but you can embrace the flops too and realize that it is just one of your many films....

by Anonymousreply 16406/19/2012

Thanks for the info r161

by Anonymousreply 16506/19/2012

She's extremely bitter about "Mommie". She thought that people would take her seriously when actually it's a movie that is high camp now. She rarely gives interviews now and will NOT talk about "Mommie" at all. She had really bad teeth but I guess she got either dentures or implants. Supposedly she is a total lush these days so goes the rumors. She was very attractive but so so talented. Not a great actress actually.

by Anonymousreply 16606/19/2012

Oddly enough, she's interacted with fans on Twitter regarding Mommie Dearest a few times. A few days ago, she even RTed someone who said they were going to a midnight showing of MD. Maybe she doesn't mind talking about it with fans? Does she only get snippy and crazy when journalists bring it up? Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 16706/19/2012

Wasnt Anne Bancroft supposed to do MOMMIE DEAREST?

by Anonymousreply 16806/19/2012

She's freaking brilliant in MD; a pity the script and the direction are so poor.

Imagine how great Faye would have been in "Mildred Pierce" or as Lorna Hansen Forbes in "The Damned Don't Cry."

by Anonymousreply 16906/19/2012

r168 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 17006/19/2012

I suppose the journalist was bitchy about it. She doesn't mind people loving anything she did. I doubt she'd retweet a fan saying MD ruined her career or how funny it is that she expected it to be taken seriously. In short, she likes compliments, not insults. Very strange?

by Anonymousreply 17206/20/2012

Faye was just at Prince Azim of Brunei's 30th birthday party. Looking at the rest of the celebrity guests, something tells me there isn't going to be a Mrs. Prince Azim any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 17306/29/2012

Could she have put on a bit of blush?

by Anonymousreply 17406/29/2012

It is hilarious and sad that her sitcom with Robert Urich (linked a few pages ago) was so dramatically retooled as to dispose of her, the lead character, in favor of her hilarious sidekick played by Robin Bartlett, who stole the show as well as scenes in "Postcards from the Edge" with Meryl and Shirley MacLaine. I can't imagine how they would have explained that on the sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 17509/06/2012

Prince Azim has to buy his friends. Everyone in that pic was paid to be there and act happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 17609/06/2012

I would have loved to have been at Prince Azim's party. I wonder if Faye could come to my birthday next year.

by Anonymousreply 17709/08/2012

An odd Faye Dunaway story:

When I was a really little kid she did a Broadway play with a relative of mine. We went backstage a lot and everytime she'd see me (and probably other kids) she'd give me a little plastic dinosaur or animal she kept in bags in her dressing room. It was kind of like going to the dentist. She'd be like "oh hello,... here you go."

by Anonymousreply 17809/08/2012

Faye's son Liam is hot.

She tells everyone that she gave birth to him, but her ex-husband, Terry O'Neill, says Liam was adopted.

by Anonymousreply 17909/08/2012

[r178]: I think that's kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 18009/08/2012

I just watched "Hurry Sundown", and yeah, she might be nuts, but she was stunningly beautiful in her youth. She played a poor, white trash farmer's wife!

by Anonymousreply 18109/08/2012

Faye Dunaway guest starred on the show "Titus" at the network's insistence. The entire crew walked out (well, "took their vacation time") during Dunaway's week. A temp crew was brought in, and everyone was asked up front if they were willing to temp on a set with Faye Dunaway. The cast didn't want to be there either, but they were on camera. At the end of the week, the cast handed out custom-made T-shirts to the temp crew. The shirts said, "I survived Hurricane Dunaway."

by Anonymousreply 18209/08/2012

She's Sick and she's not getting better. I have worked in 3 businesses in weho where she came in, made a scene and stormed out and it was sad not funny.

by Anonymousreply 18301/15/2013

In the late 80s, I was at a lesbian bar in NoHo and what I thought was a badly made-up drag queen doing Faye showed up and strutted around for a while before stopping to stare at the pool players.

I went to order a drink and saw a chauffeur chatting with the person taking the cover charge. I stepped outside and saw a double-parked limo. When I asked the chauffeur if what I saw was Faye, he smiled slightly, shrugged and rolled his eyes.

My date definitely agreed that it was Faye.

by Anonymousreply 18401/15/2013

In the 60s and 70s, she was about the best actress around. She made one classic after another. Bonnie & Clyde, The Thomas Crown Affair, Little Big Man, The Three Musketeers, Chinatown, The Four Musketeers, The Towering Inferno, Three Days of the Condor. She may be a mess these days, but that bitch was hell on wheels back in the day. This gay boy never missed one of her movies back in the day. Loved her. Unfortunately, I did see one of her meltdowns in person (years ago), but I still separate the insanity from the talent she obviously had/has.

by Anonymousreply 18501/15/2013

She has been loony for some time now. Noone wants to work with her.

by Anonymousreply 18601/18/2013

Faye Dunaway is a crazy bitch. It is amazing how people with great wealth and experience can have no perspective on what really matters in life. What the fuck is her problem??????!!!!!!

She treats ordinary people like shit.

by Anonymousreply 18705/28/2013

You people are cat-scratching loons. Put the claws away for just a second ...oh wait! You can't do that!

Faye Dunaway is a tremendous actor. Chinatown, Three Days of the Condor, etc etc etc...

by Anonymousreply 18805/28/2013

Faye Dunaway is a brilliant actor. Not to mention one of the most stunningly beautiful women on the planet. So she comes off as bitchy at times. Who cares. People who are liked and admired live their lives in the middle of the road. And they get run over. People who aren't liked and admired possess the energy to put toward other things - like being a great actor. I'd crawl through a hundred miles of raw sewage to pry her phone number from the curled-up fingers of a dying leper...

by Anonymousreply 18909/26/2013

R189, is your name Faye?

by Anonymousreply 19009/26/2013

Is she really a crackhead???

by Anonymousreply 19112/14/2013

R191 No, she is one of the greatest actors, a legend, who still looks as natural and young as in B&C. She's normal, humble and lovely. People like her.

by Anonymousreply 19212/14/2013

No actress nominated this year comes anywhere near Faye Dunaway. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 19312/14/2013

Everybody wants to talk about Sandra Bullock but no one ever mentions that movie that I was brilliant in, the Brando film. Brando, Johnny Depp, me. BRILLIANT! And you know what else? I would have been great in that Gravity piece! Blast me into space! I'll show you horror and angst and. . .whatever it is that people feel when they get tossed out into space, I'll show you and I'll do it brilliantly--like that Brando film. Does anyone ever ask about THAT? No. All they ever want to talk about is that Mommie Dearest movie--and I won't do it. I'm sick of talking about it so don't ask me.

by Anonymousreply 19412/15/2013

"She may be a mess these days, but that bitch was hell on wheels back in the day."

by Anonymousreply 19512/15/2013

R194 Faye, is it really you. I like to think it is you. You're the best and Master Class will be the best movie ever! It'll be your return.

by Anonymousreply 19612/15/2013

[quote]Faye Dunaway is a brilliant actor. Not to mention one of the most stunningly beautiful women on the planet. So she comes off as bitchy at times.

Yes, Faye is one of the greatest actresses who ever lived, but she's more than "bitchy at times".

Really, she's really bad.

by Anonymousreply 19712/15/2013

Faye is bitchy ALL the time. People put up with it back when she was a major star and had box office clout, but those days have been gone for almost 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 19812/15/2013

Related to R4's link:

"A question too far? What's your view of the Dunaway ding-dong?"

by Anonymousreply 19912/16/2013

tTop box office female stars of the 1970's t1.tBarbra Streisand t2.tJane Fonda t3.tLiza Minnelli t4.tDiane Keaton t5.tFaye Dunaway t6.tAli MacGraw t7.tRaquel Welch t8.tJill Clayburgh t9.tTatum O'Neal t10.tCandice Bergen t11.tSally Field t12.tGoldie Hawn t13.tJacqueline Bisset t14.tDiana Ross t15.tDyan Cannont The bitch is not Evan number 1 or 2. She has no reason to be nasty and stuck up . Hell she didn't Evan make the 80s list!

by Anonymousreply 20012/20/2013

Even is what I meant, auto correct is a big fat pussy

by Anonymousreply 20112/20/2013

Wonderful performer--pity she doesn't get good parts any more.

by Anonymousreply 20212/20/2013

More Faye craziness, please! I love Faye threads. Sunset Boulevard! Dish!

by Anonymousreply 20312/20/2013

She seems like she's been crazy most of her life, I wonder what kind of childhood she had? She give me Jenny from Forest Gump vibes.

by Anonymousreply 20412/20/2013

Crawford's revenge!

by Anonymousreply 20512/20/2013

Sadly, I have heard from those who worked with her that she is the ultimate nightmare. I was on the phone with the manager of one of her shows and while we spoke faxes came in with the resignations of seven people working on the show!

by Anonymousreply 20612/20/2013

Those Bette Davis interviews trashing Faye Dunaway are classic and shocking. Perfect Bette Davis bitchy deliveries and lines.

They illustrate the power of new media, the internet, etc. If Davis gave that interview today it would make headlines on internet news sites for days and would take on a life of its own. Back in the '80s individuals watching it were shocked alone but there was no means for the story to live on.

by Anonymousreply 20712/20/2013

Faye is as crazy as she is talented, which is to say VERY. I imagine there's some sort of mental illness at work there, possibly exacerbated by all the drugs she used to do.

Still, when she was at her peak, she was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 20812/21/2013

R200 jane was 2nd interesting.I also didn't she had 7 oscar nominations either. Do you know if she made the 80s box office list?

by Anonymousreply 20912/21/2013

Faye in- the- lesbian- bar story is interesting. I'd heard a similar story but didn't believe it at the time. Now I'm beginning to wonder. It goes a bit like this:

My lesbian sister was partnered with a Euro actress for some years. During the 80s they went to LA a number of times for the GF's work. They stayed in Pacific Palisades with a lesbian friend who worked in the biz. While the GF was working my sister attended a women only recovery meeting with the PP friend, The PP friend was chairing or speaking at the meeting that evening. As the meeting ended a woman approached the PP friend. It was Miss D. Long story short she came on to the PP friend. My sister recounted this story to me back in Switzerland. At the time I told her I thought more than likely she had misinterpreted the exchange. But now I wonder. Perhaps cray-cray does or did likes a little female action on the side.

by Anonymousreply 21012/21/2013

R209 jane ranked 4th of biggest grossing box office female stars of the 80s

by Anonymousreply 21112/21/2013

So faye eats carpet too!

by Anonymousreply 21212/21/2013

R210, how can you write that story and not tell us who the Euro actress was?!!!

by Anonymousreply 21312/21/2013

R210's euro actress is clearly Rula Lenska.

by Anonymousreply 21412/21/2013

My guess is that has pretty significant boarder line personality disorder. Her behavior fits the diagnostic descriptions perfectly: extreme and rapid mood swings, crippling narsicism (near total inability to read other people or put aside the self), impulsiveness, paranoia, etc.

by Anonymousreply 21512/21/2013

So is her son really gay?

by Anonymousreply 21612/21/2013

R216 I'm not sure but heard she treats the son like shit

by Anonymousreply 21712/21/2013

Faye, son and the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 21812/21/2013

I'd like to meet her just to fuck with her

by Anonymousreply 21912/22/2013

Is Miss Dunaway currently financially challenged?

Here's the link to her production company with a photo that appears to be a residence in West Hollywood. Her phone number and email address are included.

Anybody here familiar with this production company?

by Anonymousreply 22012/23/2013

[quote][R191] No, she is one of the greatest actors, a legend, who still looks as natural and young as in B&C. She's normal, humble and lovely. People like her.

and.... No.

by Anonymousreply 22112/23/2013

Dunaway railing against "capricious" Andrew Lloyd Webber in a dramatic outdoor press conference, while her legions of fans stand outside the theatre waiting to be refunded:

by Anonymousreply 22212/23/2013

Episode 1 of the Faye Dunaway sitcom "It Had To Be You":

by Anonymousreply 22312/23/2013

It's sad and strange. I know people who know and have worked with Peter Wolf, her first husband. I think they were married in the early 70s, around the time she did Chinatown. By all accounts they were crazy about each other and really in love.

I find it hard to believe that Wolf would fall in love with, never mind cohabitate with, someone as crazy as described here.

by Anonymousreply 22412/23/2013

R224 hell ain't peter a nut job himself?!

by Anonymousreply 22512/24/2013

I just watched Chinatown tonight. I hadn't seen it in many years. Dunaway is not all that attractive. In fact, she looks older than Nicholson in that film. Just six years earlier, she looked much better in Thomas Crown.

by Anonymousreply 22612/24/2013

Liam has a HUGE cock.

by Anonymousreply 22712/25/2013

More please 227.

He's adopted so Mommy Dearest Faye had nothing to do with his physical attributes.

by Anonymousreply 22812/25/2013

I will NEVAH raise my glass to Miss Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 22912/25/2013

He lives in Scotland now.

by Anonymousreply 23012/25/2013

R230 who lives in Scotland ?

by Anonymousreply 23112/25/2013

I dare somebody to call that number.

by Anonymousreply 23212/25/2013

She and Peter were a very cute couple, but you could tell they use too get high as fuck together. 70s style Bobby and Whitney ish.

by Anonymousreply 23312/25/2013

What is Faye's zodiac sign?

by Anonymousreply 23412/25/2013

R32 do it. Do it! Call that number and report back with haste.

Merry Christmas, Faye!

by Anonymousreply 23512/25/2013

Mery Christmas mommie dearest!!!

by Anonymousreply 23612/25/2013

Faye, please come back and tell us about your brilliant work. Truly we're interested. Pay no mind to the trolls.

Merry Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 23712/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 23812/25/2013

Her movie is not coming out until 2015.

by Anonymousreply 23912/26/2013

R239 how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 24012/29/2013

Dunaway was gorgeous - one description I read called her face an orchid - a little off beat but it sort of communicates the type of beauty she had - classical proportions but "exotic"/erotic facial features - but she wasn't that talented. She was usually cast well, which helped. Bonnie and Clyde took place in the 30's (channeled through 60's fashion) - Dunaway's face looked like it belonged in that period. Same with Chinatown. She was incredibly glamorous and didn't get in her own way on screen (I was just reading a thread here on Natalie Wood, who often seemed miscast, and off, and IMO often got in her own way).

She has to be borderline. A lot of movie stars carry their entitlements forward even when their sell by day has passed, but she goes way beyond that. She's personality disordered.

by Anonymousreply 24112/29/2013

r223, thanks for that link. That sitcom was so well written. Don't remember it. Must have been in the 80's during my college years of no TV. That Robert Urine guy could fuck me until Friday. Still beautiful, but Faye seemed much too old for him.

Meanwhile, I watched the other Faye links on youtube. That crazy bitch can act. I feel sorry for her now.

by Anonymousreply 24212/30/2013

She's an O.K actress.

by Anonymousreply 24312/30/2013

I think Xan Brooks' question for the Guardian interview was just too middle of the road: he should either have approached it more diplomatically with a more generic question à la "there has been a lot of rumours around your behavior on the set of Chinatown. Would you like to address them once and for all?".

Or conversely, going straight for the jugular: "You threw a cup of urine at Polanski: whose urine was in the cup?"

by Anonymousreply 24401/01/2014

I love the Evita miniseries she did. It's essentially Mommie Dearest in a blonde wig. She eats everyone alive in that one.

by Anonymousreply 24501/01/2014

The bitch is cray cray

by Anonymousreply 24601/09/2014

Faye was great in the movie. Period. She was actually doing a very good Joan Crawford! Crawford was over the top in so many ways and Faye was doing an excellent job mimicking her.

by Anonymousreply 24706/11/2014

she used to work out at my gym. WHAT A BITCH. but at least she was an AUTHENTIC BITCH. i mean alot of people around los angeles especially in the entertainment business are like drones. she was AUTHENTICALLY BITCHY. she could care less what you thought of her. she had done and seen it all and she just was who she was. and man that was BITCHY

by Anonymousreply 24806/11/2014

by Anonymousreply 24911/06/2014

by Anonymousreply 25011/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!