Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matthew McConaughey Marries Camila Alves in Texas

Deep in the heart of Texas, Matthew McConaughey said "I do."

The Magic Mike star swapped vows with longtime girlfriend Camila Alves tonight in an intimate ceremony at their home in Austin, E! News has confirmed after first reporting that the wedding would take place this weekend.

Preparations were underway Friday, with a party-rental truck seen passing security outside the McConaughey compound, after which a van loaded with orchids also made the cut.

And no one had to worry about the guests being late—they spent the night!

The bride and groom's nearest and dearest had a pre-wedding slumber party last night, camping out in the several dozen or so two-person luxury tents erected in the back garden, each with its own air-conditioning unit, patio and doormat (gives it that homey touch, you know?) to accommodate the outdoorsy revelers.

A giant white tent was set up on the grouds, as well as six or seven long wooden dining tables, each one looking as if it could accommodate 15 to 20 people. Workers who helped set up were asked to sign nondisclosure agreements.

We do know the identities of at least one adorable duo that was there: the bride and groom's nearly 4-year-old son, Levi, and 2-year-old daughter, Vida.

McConaughey and Alves, a Brazilian model turned handbag designer and TV host, met in 2007. He popped the question on Christmas Day.

The happy couple can just keep livin' together as always, albeit now as husband and wife.

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012

This is nice. Now if his heart stops because of the coke she can collect the inheritance without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 106/10/2012

Who gives a flying fuck

by Anonymousreply 206/10/2012

He's pretty damn gay to be marrying in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 306/10/2012

After all those kids, it's about time.

by Anonymousreply 406/10/2012

R4, haven't you noticed today that heterosexual couples have children first, and then get married?

by Anonymousreply 506/10/2012

They must've had a ton of coke trucked in for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 606/10/2012

I thought they were already married.

Oh well. Congratulations to the newlyweds.

by Anonymousreply 706/10/2012

Hopefully she's had a chance to develop a personality and work on her ability to speak since we last saw her hosting Shear Genius.

by Anonymousreply 806/10/2012

Who was the best man?

Was it the dude he was playing naked bongos with??

by Anonymousreply 906/10/2012

Did he wear flip-flops?

by Anonymousreply 1006/10/2012

In other news: Sandra Bullock is selling her Austin house.

Connected?

by Anonymousreply 1106/10/2012

He's beginning to look like Beaker with that pipe-head of his.

by Anonymousreply 1206/10/2012

I guess he's not gay, then.

by Anonymousreply 1306/10/2012

Don't be so sure, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1406/10/2012

I like the idea of tents in the backyard for overnight guests.

by Anonymousreply 1506/10/2012

I wonder if Lance Armstrong got an invite to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 1606/10/2012

Did he stink at the wedding?

I can see it now.

The minister says "Do you..."

And the bride says, "Only if he uses Right Guard"

by Anonymousreply 1706/10/2012

Think he wore a shirt?

by Anonymousreply 1806/11/2012

He looks unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 1906/11/2012

Remember when he was supposed to be the next big thing in 1996? Hate this douchebag. His lack of any acting ability is only matched by arrogance of thinking he is the most spectacular thing to walk this planet. A block of wood has more charisma. If he fell off the earth it makes no difference. Finally married his baby mama. Who gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2012

True love at its finest. I'm sure they will live happily ever after. Satisfied now? He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 2106/11/2012

Tents with air-conditioning and patios and doormats? A van full of orchids? What a waste of money, especially in lieu of the fact that they're almost certainly going to divorce eventually.

This reminds me of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's million dollar fairytale wedding. They were so in love, so forever in love...and he ended up dumping her for Angelina Jolie. Why do these Hollywood twits spend so much money on these over the top weddings ("circus weddings", one critic called them) when the marriages almost always fail? I guess they buy into the "your wedding day is the most perfect, special day of your life so spare no expense!" sales pitch that drives to many people to have expensive, lavish weddings.

by Anonymousreply 2206/11/2012

He's so hot

by Anonymousreply 2306/11/2012

Did he take a shower or bath before the wedding or was he just his usual greasy, smelly self?

by Anonymousreply 2406/11/2012

He is not as handsome as he used to be. He is one of these men that growing old makes him ugly. Nonetheless he is a good actor and i like watching him in movies.

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2012

Yeah, now that he's lost his looks he gets married.

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.