Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lady Gaga calls Madonna "cunty"

"I don't have a fanbase that wants me to fight or bite or be shady. Or cunty. The way that we all used to be. We're in a new place in society now, aren't we? Things are really different now than they were 25 years ago and that's what makes Born This Way so relevant for me. We're just socially in a completely different place now. And I want you to know it's okay: You don't have to hate and slice each other anymore."

by Anonymousreply 12202/13/2013

OP, do you have a reading comprehension problem?

by Anonymousreply 106/08/2012

I love Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 206/08/2012

Not in so many words.

by Anonymousreply 406/08/2012

It's funny that Madonna's so sensitive to "copying" when she copied that medley to "express yourself" from a 1972 song called "Respect Yourself". Look it up. The choruses are identical.

by Anonymousreply 506/08/2012

I admire Gaga but she really needs to distance herself completely from Memories of Early Madge: the look, the sound, the personna.

I'd like to see her drop the silly wigs and over-the-top couture completely. She can still be theatrical, but she needs to find a new look. She's a real musician, and a real songwriter. Find another way.

by Anonymousreply 606/08/2012

All of Madonna's songs are rip-offs. Express Yourself, Cherish...she's copied everyone.

by Anonymousreply 706/08/2012

You mean this one, R5?

by Anonymousreply 806/08/2012

Vadgina is a no talent hack now. Her cunTy used to be edgy. Now she's just an over the hill hag grasping at young boys in an embarrassing attempt to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 906/08/2012

"I don't have a fanbase that wants me to fight or bite or be shady."

Yeah, because she has a fanbase that will do the dirty work for her. The Little Monsters are in close contention with the Beliebers for the most hated and obnoxious fanbase on the internet. They notoriously went after Adele when she won some awards over "Mother Monster."

by Anonymousreply 1006/09/2012

Here we go again...

by Anonymousreply 1206/09/2012

[quote]Being CUNTY is FUN. Being bitchy is FUN.

I hope you are a 14 year old girl, otherwise.. well, it would just be embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 1306/09/2012

Cunty? Bitch, please....

by Anonymousreply 1406/09/2012

Gee! R5, why hasn't ANYONE said this before? And, btw, the word you're looking for is MELODY, not medley.

by Anonymousreply 1506/09/2012

Kevin Aviance should sue.

by Anonymousreply 1706/09/2012

Kevin Aviance? Oh there's a big talent! His entire contribution to the cultural landscape is 'cunty'.

by Anonymousreply 1806/09/2012

What r10, r11 and r16 said.

She's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1906/09/2012

And you know what, R18?

Kevin gets a pass for life for "Cunty" alone. Bitch is fiercer than you or Gaga ever will be.

by Anonymousreply 2006/09/2012

R16...go fuck yourself fat breeder cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2106/09/2012

R20, my post wasn't a defense of Gaga; you just read it that way. Kevin never made it out of the NYC club kids ghetto, much as he tried. And "fierce"? What year is this anyway, Mary?

by Anonymousreply 2206/09/2012

It must be 1972 [R22] if your still using "Mary".

by Anonymousreply 2306/09/2012

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 2406/09/2012

Oh r23, "your" new here, aren'tcha?

by Anonymousreply 2506/09/2012

It's cute how people think ANY music is new and not recycled.

by Anonymousreply 2606/09/2012

Madonna is one to talk about copycats, because the chorus of "Papa Don't Preach" is a note-for-note rip-off of Sam Harris' 1984 hit "Sugar Don't Bite".

by Anonymousreply 2706/09/2012

I wish both of them would go away and not speak for "the gays" anymore.

Fraus in disguise pretending to be hip and edgy. Boring, boring...

by Anonymousreply 2806/09/2012

I'm not the biggest Gaga fan, or even much of one, but BORN THIS WAY was a positive message for a lot of gays and lesbians. For people who have to hear on a daily basis how they CHOSE their "sinful" and "wrong" lifestyle, this song is a big fuck you to all of those bullies and cretins. A nice message to send to the tortured GLBT youth that there's nothing wrong with you. You are who you are, with no apologies. She did a good thing.

Madonna feels ripped off. Fine, whatever. But not once has she bothered to comment on the song's message, and all the good it's done in society. Everything has revolved around her and how she was allegedly done wrong. Meanwhile, when was the last time she did something truly touching for the gay community that didn't revolve around lining her pockets or drawing attention to herself?

by Anonymousreply 2906/09/2012

Madonna helped the gay community by FIAT, by BEING her in-your-face fuck you, petulant and outrageous image. Gays had a role model, of sorts, at least as far as "I am letting my freak flag fly and fuck you if you don't like it attitude." Gays were SMARTER than needing a paint by numbers patron fucking saint. Her "message" was in the doing.

"Born this Way" may have a good message but a generation of little princess hothouse weak sister flowers who are alll, apparently killing themselves in droves unless someone VALIDATES them and keeps them from the big bad wolf are well....tiresome as fuck.

The It Gets Better campaign is also okay but what about the GROW A PAIR, YOU DAMNED SISSY" campaign? Because that is what it always takes. You have to TAKE what is yours and BE EMPOWERED to fight for your rights.

by Anonymousreply 3006/09/2012

Just to remind everyone, Madonna said "Born this Way" was "reductive". She didn't call it a piece of shit. She never said one disparaging remark against Gaga herself.

So, to prove to everyone that the song was ripped off, Madonna mixed the two songs together in her tour, and simply added in a few choruses of "She's Not Me".

I hardly think Madonna was waging a war.

The reason that Gaga fans are upset, is because they cannot accept the fact that their Goddess made a mistake.

And how boring is that Gaga concert? Does she talk the entire time???

by Anonymousreply 3106/09/2012

Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2012

Madonna is ancient and will die soon. That's why she's so sensitive. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 3306/09/2012

"The reason that Gaga fans are upset, is because they cannot accept the fact that their Goddess made a mistake."

Yes, because the Madonna fans will openly tell you that she lost a plagarism case for the song FROZEN. And they will regale you with stories of the numerous other lawsuits she's been slapped with. They've always been so honest when it comes to her talent.

"Born this Way" may have a good message but a generation of little princess hothouse weak sister flowers who are alll, apparently killing themselves in droves unless someone VALIDATES them and keeps them from the big bad wolf are well....tiresome as fuck."

What a charmer you must be. I'm sorry it doesn't reach the intellectual depths and profound insight of french kissing Britney on the stage of the VMA's, but at least it's an attempt to shed some light on a common problem in our society.

by Anonymousreply 3406/09/2012

R31, Madonna looked the word "reductive" up on an on-line thesaurus, because she is an overreaching, uneducable twat who simmers like a bad stew over anyone with an independent career that in any way capitalizes on her "pioneering" earlier assimilative career. No one is fooled, no one cares. At this point Cher braying on the topic of the dangers of space alien pee in public swimming pools in San Diego because of the negative effects of Christina Aguilera's bad eye makeup would have more integrity and effect than anything out of Madonna except her last words.

by Anonymousreply 3506/09/2012

r27, 'Papa Don't Preach' sounds nothing like 'Sugar Don't Bite'. Try again.

And 'Express Yourself' is entirely its own song; it only shares the 'hey hey' chorus with 'Respect Yourself'. The melody is commpletely different.

'Born This Way', however, is 'Express Yourself' NOTE FOR NOTE. Being inspired by other people's music and brutally copying it are two very different things.

Lady Haha would be half-way tolerable if she owned up to her copying ways, but she just pouts when she's called out on it, and insists she's a real talent. We all know her sound was made by RedOne, and all her looks are stolen from other artists.

If she has so much musical talent how come her second album was SHIT? None of the singles were any good, and they all underperformed. If she had a sense of melody, she would have delivered - but she hasn't.

Secondly, anyone who thinks Madonna has never done anything for gays is willfully ignorant, because they don't like her.

She's brought gay themes and gay sensibilities into the mainstream when no other major star would've dreamt of doing such a thing. She raised awareness about AIDS at a time when only Liz Taylor was doing this. No Whitney, no Tina, no Michael or Janet Jackson, no George Michael, no U2, and no Bruce Springsteen were doing any of that.

Where could you see two men kissing in rockumentaries of the 80s and early 90s? Or late 90s even?

Bitch, please!

by Anonymousreply 3606/09/2012

I'm a music producer, and mashup mixer.

I can say with 100% certainty that "Born This Way" does not share enough in common with "Express Yourself" to be taken seriously as a rip off. It's barely an 'homage'. I think it's a weird meme that Gaga ripped off Madge, and Madge seems to have bought into it.

I even tried to mix these two songs, and they are so unlike each other that it the mix can't be made. Listen to all the YouTube clips of people trying in vain to mix these two songs, it's pathetic. That's an indicator that they really aren't 'the same song'.

Anyone who has actually examined the key, melody, and song structure objectively can see they aren't at ALL the same song.

Yet some queen after me on this thread will insist 'but it's a NOTE FOR NOTE RIPOFF!!'

Go ahead dear, get it out of your system...

by Anonymousreply 3706/09/2012

lol, looks like she beat me to it at R36.

by Anonymousreply 3806/09/2012

R36, here is one of the more popular 'mixes' of these two songs...

Listen to how cluttered it is, and how the key isn't even matched.

THIS is a best attempt, my friend.

Now, in the next post, I'll show you a mix that actually works for 'Born This Way'.

by Anonymousreply 3906/09/2012

R36 is quite the MARY Madonnasaur fangurl, and in MAJOR denial. First off, sweetheart, the chorus to "Papa Don't Preach" is a blatant and direct rip of "Sugar Don't Bite". Watch the video and listen to the chorus again, dear. Also, "Born This Way" sounds NOTHING like "Express Yourself", and the ridiculous meme that it does sound similar is as crazy as Madonna still trying to pass herself off as a 25 year old. Get the fuck over it. EY is poppier, and has horns and handclaps. BTW is gritty with more electronic synths and effects. They have a similar cadence in the verses, but that's about fucking it. And there were plenty of mainstream stars "working for the cause" and expressing gay themes in their art back then (Grace Jones, Elton, Debbie Harry, Bowie...). Deal, honey. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 4006/09/2012

Here is a mix of Born This Way with Born to Be Alive.

When I first heard Born This Way, my first thought was that it shared a few items rhytmically with the old Patrick Hernandez disco track.

I tried mixing these two, and while it took some work, the chorus really match in rhythm and key without much manipulation.

THAT is an example of two songs that share things in common. Now, I'm not saying Gaga ripped off Hernandez, but her producer, Laursen, CERTAINLY was aware of this song, and managed the sound to be somewhat reminiscent of GAY DISCO PARTY ANTHEMS OF THE LATE 70s...not Madge at all...who, as has been pointed out, has taken the Staple Singers' classic refrain and had made her own original song out of it.

I don't think Madge ripped off the Staple Singers, but she certainly used that refrain to build her song around.

I know Gaga didn't even think of Express Yourself in writing "Born This Way". The melody is pure disco. It's almost like the Village People helped her write it.

by Anonymousreply 4106/09/2012

R40, please marry me.

by Anonymousreply 4206/09/2012

Uh, Madonna didn't write Papa Don't Preach, only contributed additional lyrics, so blame any theft of the melody on the actual songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 4306/09/2012

I can't believe we're still even talking about this. The songs share some minor similarities. That's all there is to it.

by Anonymousreply 4406/09/2012

I love Madonna to death, but all she ever did for us was go to our clubs, copy our moves, and put us in her videos. And even that got tossed in favor of tinny godawful rave music as of late.

Sorry Madonna, but you picked this fight and you're going to lose it.

by Anonymousreply 4506/09/2012

"Secondly, anyone who thinks Madonna has never done anything for gays is willfully ignorant, because they don't like her."

Get a grip, fangurl. I never said she did nothing for the cause. Of course she did numerous AIDS benefits in the late eighties/early nineties. But it's not hatred to say she was noticeably missing during the gay marriage debates, DADT fights, and the Prop 8 debacle.

Just the hatred that gays have for Gaga over this song astounds me. It's a positive message, and even if you don't like the girl, you should be applauding that she put something like that out there. You Madonna stans come across as such cold and miserable people.

by Anonymousreply 4606/09/2012

LOL R42, I DO!

by Anonymousreply 4706/09/2012

[quote]Just the hatred that gays have for Gaga over this song astounds me. It's a positive message, and even if you don't like the girl, you should be applauding that she put something like that out there. You Madonna stans come across as such cold and miserable people.

THIS! BTW, no matter what you think of it, is an unabashed anthem for people of ALL walks of life. Why a group of people who are notoriously degraded and belittled by many the way gays are would hate that kind of a mantra is just baffling. If it's because it "Sounds too much like Madonna", then please, get over it. It really doesn't. It's as if some of them are saying "How DARE this young chick come from out of nowhere and steal OUR pop queen's crown!" MARRYS. The whole lot of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 4806/09/2012

You live on Sucks, don't you R48. "This!" was the giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 4906/09/2012

I don't get it, R49. Perhaps there's a typo in your post.

by Anonymousreply 5006/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 5106/09/2012

r37, we only need our ears - and not some "But I'm a music producer!" bullshit, to hear that they are indeed the same song.

Same melody.

It's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 5206/09/2012

R52, get over your fangurldom and wake up to reality. If you hear BTW when you listen to EY, then you are indeed a lunatic. Your insane hatred for Lady Gaga is pretty scary.

by Anonymousreply 5306/09/2012

r40 is confusing music production with songwriting.

Hand claps and horns have got nothing to do with it.

We're talking about the MELODY, which she stole from EY. And this is not a DL meme, but was widely discussed in the music press.

Secondly, neither Grace Jones nor Debbie Harry nor Elton John (who denied he was gay until at least 1990, and who at one time - in 1982 - was even married to a woman to counter the rumors) showed any men kissing in their work.

You deal, honey. You deal.

by Anonymousreply 5406/09/2012

OMG, it's like watching a remake of The Golden Girls! Old women fighting is HILARIOUS, eh?!

by Anonymousreply 5506/09/2012

No, r48.

It's because your Goddess can't do that simple thing of acknowledging her 'copying'.

She is massively disingenuous, which is just annoying. And precisely that accounts for the dislike many gays feel for her.

Madonna never pretended to be an original artist. She proudly and openly collaborated with other people, and she referenced and repackaged styles from yesteryear and/or the underground - and was happy to talk about that.

Not so Lady Haha.

by Anonymousreply 5606/09/2012

Again, r53, this is not about "me".

Enter "Born This Way", "rip off" and "Express Yourself" into your google, and get ready for a surprise.

Everyone was talking about it, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 5706/09/2012

R54, when I said meme I did not say it was specifically a DL meme, but a meme in general, becuause for a time, whatever Lady Gaga did, people just automatcially said "She's copying Madonna!", and it's just bullshit. Gaga shows that she's influenced by many artists. She's a student of pop culture. Whether it's Grace Jones, or Bruce Springsteen, or Cyndi Lauper, or Dale Bozzio, or Bowie, or even Madonna, Gaga has shown that many artists have inspired her (for my money, I'd say Grace Jones has inspired her infinitely more than Madonna has, which is something you Madge fangurls can't seem to see).

And get over your "men kissing in their videos" thing. It's silly. So what? Grace Jones was dressing like a man, being salacious onstage and exhibiting flamboyant images in her art way before anybody knew what a Madonna was.

by Anonymousreply 5806/09/2012

[quote]Madonna proudly and openly collaborated with other people, and she referenced and repackaged styles from yesteryear and/or the underground - and was happy to talk about that...

What?? Now I KNOW you're crazy. YOU try Google. Type in Madonna rip-offs, Madonna lawsuits, and get ready for YOUR surprise. There's even a website that shows a litany of lawsuits brought against her for plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 5906/09/2012

r59 is not getting what I said. What a surprise.

Madonna never claiemd she invented Vogue-ing.

by Anonymousreply 6006/09/2012

R59 is ignoring facts because of his fangurldom. Such a sad, sad eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 6106/09/2012

Oh, r58. Where to start?

A straight woman (who was dating Dolph Lundgren) dressing as a man is not the same as two men kissing. Not even close.

Madonna was the firt megastar (which GJ never was) to show that in her work. She has done more than the rest of them, and there just is no denying that.

Secondly, this:

'becuause for a time, whatever Lady Gaga did, people just automatcially said "She's copying Madonna!" '

Uh, no. They said this specifically about 'Born This Way'. And how.

And this:

'Gaga shows that she's influenced by many artists.'

No, she does not. Grace Jones of all people has spoken negatively about Haha for ripping her off. Bette Midler criticised her for doing the mermaid act, and passing it off as something original.

Interestingly, the Staple Singers never criticised Madonna for using the 'hey hey' chorus in EY. I wonder why? Maybe because it's hardly a rip off?

by Anonymousreply 6206/09/2012

If R54/R60 can listen to that Sam Harris song and say that it sounds nothing like Papa Don't Preach, then it pretty much negates his silly Born This Way-rips-Express Yourself rant.

by Anonymousreply 6306/09/2012

[quote]We're talking about the MELODY, which she stole from EY. And this is not a DL meme, but was widely discussed in the music press.

If you even knew what MELODY means, and could analyze them, note for note, you would see there is NO common melody between the two songs.

The only thing Madge-esque about BTW is her rap "Don't be a drag just be a queen, whether you're broke or evergreen...", which is very much the same cadence as Madge's rap in Vogue.

I think that's what 'the music press' and fangurls from either side latched onto subconsciously. That, and the fact that it's two blonde 'pro gay' we're talking about.

That's enough similarity for people to hear a 'melody' copy. It's just not the case.

I mentioned being a music producer and mashup artist not to impress you, but to tell you that I've actually sat down and compared the songs myself, in an attempt to verify this meme.

It just doesn't hold water. Anyone claiming Gaga wrote a note for note copy of EY is just latching onto a meme, and isn't independently researching it.

It doesn't surprise me, though. The Internet (especially DL) is full of people beating their chest over things they 'heard about', and are jumping on some bandwagon...without doing their homework.

by Anonymousreply 6406/09/2012

R62, "HaHa" is so juvenile.

Have you Googled "Madonna Plagiarsm" yet? No? Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 6506/09/2012

R56, you're becoming seriously unhinged. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 6606/09/2012

'I think that's what 'the music press' and fangurls from either side latched onto subconsciously.'

There is no 'I think' about this. The music press specifically compared it to the EY, not Vogue.

'I mentioned being a music producer and mashup artist not to impress you, but to tell you that I've actually sat down and compared the songs myself'

Anyone can do that. You telling us you're a music producer adds nothing to the debate.

'It just doesn't hold water'

In your opinion. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 6706/09/2012

I thought it was just me. Since 'Born This Way' came out all I've heard was that it was a blatant rip-off of 'Express Yourself'. It was just a given. But try as I might I just couldn't hear any real similarity between the songs, I even checked out those mash-up videos to have it spelled out for me. But still nothing. I just don't hear it.

by Anonymousreply 6806/09/2012

Will do, r66!

by Anonymousreply 6906/09/2012

That's because they DON'T sound alike, R68. Nothing alike at all. It's mostly just old queens who will die clutching their Like A Virgin albums and who hate Lady Gaga that created the ridiculous "Anything Gaga does, Madonna did it first" memes. It's actually kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 7006/09/2012

r70 = DL's resident monster fan.

by Anonymousreply 7106/09/2012

I'm reading Nile Rodgers memoir and he's talking about working with Madonna on "Like a Virgin" right now. She does come off as a bit cunty, and Rodgers gives her a lot of leeway because he doesn't want to slam anyone. But it's like George Cukor said, "All great female stars have something irritating about them." When you think about it, it's true. This love/hate relationship keeps stars on top or flings them into the trash heap of musical history.

by Anonymousreply 7206/09/2012

r3 i love you

and r8 you're absolutely right. blatant plagarism.

i wonder if gaga posts to data lounge? she would be in the right place for that comment...

by Anonymousreply 7306/09/2012

Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle vadge.

by Anonymousreply 7406/09/2012

"OMG, it's like watching a remake of The Golden Girls! Old women fighting is HILARIOUS, eh?! by: Carly Rae Jepsen"

Except Carly Rae Jepsen is older than Gaga. People are shocked when they hear this and then wonder why a woman her age is singing a song like Call Me Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 7506/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 7606/11/2012

All Gaga's ever done is say how much she admires Madonna. Funny, I think this part of what bothers Madonna. She questions Gaga's sincerity. I'm a huge Gaga fan and I question her sincerity. Honestly, I think Gaga has always seen herself as much edgier, and involved in actual music and art making than Madonna. She a superior musician and vocalist, and Gaga's rise was very different than Madonna. Madonna was about young girls dressing like her and a certain gay following (I was there). Gaga's appeal with musicians and discerning adults was much more immediate than for Madonna. But Gaga wants to be nice to everyone. Laudible, but I think it gets on Madge's nerves. Anyhow, Madonna's not in a good place right now. She's bitter, and she's getting her ass kicked by at least a dozen contemporaries. She's never been good a humility. And she's 54 in August.

by Anonymousreply 7706/12/2012

That's so true r77. Plus Madonna needs to act her age.

by Anonymousreply 7806/12/2012

Actually, she DOES have a fanbase that wants her to be cunty and superior. That's how THEY act, after all.

It's sad that she clearly doesn't know her own fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 7906/12/2012

r77 vastly overestimates LG's musical abilities.

Her voice is strong but not very distinctive, pretty or affecting. She's no Adele.

The allure of her (early) singles was due to RedOne, the beats, and a breath of fresh air - which is gone now.

There is a reason all her singles post-BTW have underperformed. They weren't good. And her act has got stale in a quick time.

by Anonymousreply 8006/12/2012

I see the MDNAflop troll [R70] had invaded this one or perhaps started it. We hear it has dental issues , they are falling out or something. Isn't that right slag?

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2012

I love Jody, old and mid-career Madonna, Janet's first album, and Gaga's first two singles.

I'm indifferent to Kylie.

I dislike Britney, because her material has always been weak; Madonna today, because she's allowed her material to become weak; and Gaga, who's ridiculously overrated.

I can't stand Janet's tinny music, and found her supremely disingenuous after that Superbowl fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 8206/12/2012

[quote]I dislike Britney, because her material has always been weak

You are completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 8306/12/2012

r83, Britney had exactly two good songs: 'Baby, One More Time' and 'Toxic'.

Every other song of hers is weak.

by Anonymousreply 8406/12/2012

Where in your post OP do you offer evidence that Gaga called Madonna "cunty"?

Can't you boys (girls?) give this a rest. Can't the two pop stars exist in the world at the same time and be appreciated by those who enjoy them. Why demonized a pop star? It is fun, or funny?

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 8506/12/2012

[quote]Just to remind everyone, Madonna said "Born this Way" was "reductive".

No, she called Lady Gaga "reductive", you dumb douche!

Does OP have a link to this?

Madonna is such a has-been today, it's not even funny. She butchered her face, has a horrible body, and looks like a drag queen, which is ironic since Gaga usually dresses like one. Madonna cannot stand that she can't sell records, get attention, make award-winning movies, and can't stay young forever. Her pulling her granny tit out this past week was just pathetic. She's molesting her boyfriend on stage everyone night, yes, the 24 year old boyfriend. She's tonguing him too. This is the show her kids are part of every night.

She's in train wreck mode. She tried to get extra mileage by performing "Born This Way" during her tour. This is how out of touch, and out of ideas she is.

She's been out of her mind for quite awhile. She's part of a cult remember too. She's got a screw loose, and she isn't that bright.

Remember her not knowing what an oxymoron was on Letterman? She still says "anyways" too.

by Anonymousreply 8606/12/2012

Nile Rodgers fell out with Madonna when he revealed back in 1990 that all the songs they did together that Madonna got a writing credit on, she did next to no work on. He said that she would come in for 15 minutes, change a word or a line to get royalties. We know this is true because she's still doing it today. The demos done by other artists are given to her are out there in original form. Madonna changed nothing but still got a credit in her version. Madonna demands credit for adding a sound element in a song too. She is the biggest fraud in pop culture history. She's 54, so it's not like we're going to have to put up with her a lot longer. The media doesn't even report on her anymore. This is why she had to take out her disgusting titty. To the rest of the populace, Madonna died back in 1999.

by Anonymousreply 8706/12/2012

[R86] Yet you keep posting about her. Even if you talk about hating her you're still talking about her and that's what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 8906/12/2012

Madge certainly looks like a granny in this clip.

by Anonymousreply 9006/14/2012

LINK, finally, because the OP is such a tool.

by Anonymousreply 9106/14/2012

Really, adults care about Gaga's views of Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 9206/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 9306/15/2012

Lady Bla bla only reacts when she has been rumbled about copying Madge and Grace Jones in the hope that her 12 yer old followers won't catch on to it. Whatever. 12 year olds stil don't buy Lady Bla bla's records. Its ok to have 25 million twitter followers but she wonlt sell 350 million albums tht way....or by copying bigger and better stars. FACT

by Anonymousreply 9406/26/2012

"A straight woman (who was dating Dolph Lundgren) dressing as a man is not the same as two men kissing.

Madonna was the firt megastar (which GJ never was) to show that in her work. She has done more than the rest of them, and there just is no denying that."

And what's supposed to be great about that? Was there any message behind it or did Madonna include it just because she knew it would be shocking? Madonna may have used gay imagery in her videos, but she did it to bolster herself, and not the gay community. If anything, it wasn't a very flattering portrayal of gay men at all. Besides, didn't Olivia Newton-John show two men holding hands in her 1981 "Physical" video?

by Anonymousreply 9508/14/2012

Hey Monsters!

I'm so sick of that Hagdonna always saying that I copy her.

Don't I look hot here with my good buddy Donatella!

Let's see Hagdonna say that I'm copying her ass now!

by Anonymousreply 9610/02/2012

We sooo totally look nothing alike.

by Anonymousreply 9710/02/2012

Girls, girls. You both fucking suck.

by Anonymousreply 9810/02/2012

I just got a great idea for a new song!

I'm gonna call it, "Whoops, I re-did it."

by Anonymousreply 9910/02/2012

I don't like either of the women but I take Madonna's side in this because Gaga did steal the chord changes, and refuses to admit it. They are direct competitors and Madonna is totally justified in thinking it was over-the-line.

by Anonymousreply 10010/02/2012

Attention all you little Monsters, you!

I can now reveal that I have cut a new track entitled, "If I Could Go Back To The Past."

It has a real rockin' edge to it so I'm adding some new tattoos (bet ya can't guess where...OK! Hint: I sit on it sometimes!) to my rockin' bod.

I've already got a fantastic idea of where to film this video... How does a real Navy aircraft carrier sound to you guys???

Mmmmmmm, hot sailor boys cheerin' me on.

It's gonna be so fresh and new! Probably shiny, as well. hehehehe

by Anonymousreply 10110/02/2012

Of course Lady Xerox had to wear Liz Hurley's iconic Versace safety pin dress.

by Anonymousreply 10210/03/2012

Cunty! That's the word I've been looking for!

by Anonymousreply 10310/03/2012

Madonna could stand to be a little more magnanimous and a little less of a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10410/03/2012

Have you noticed that this time of year Madonna always starts sitting with her knees together so children don't walk up and ask how much it costs to tour the Haunted Cavern?

by Anonymousreply 10510/03/2012

Cher said that about Madonna when she was just starting out, r104. Cher thought Madonna hadn't paid her dues yet to be acting so haughty. Today Cher's quote applies better to Gaga and her unapologetic, song-thieving ways.

by Anonymousreply 10610/04/2012

R106 nope Cher loves Gaga and the quote still applies to Madonna. Isn't that funny how a lot of entertainers older and younger than Madonna don't like her? The common denominator is

by Anonymousreply 10710/14/2012

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 10810/14/2012

Cher has praised Madonna throughout the years.

As have Cyndi Lauper and Whitney Houston.

by Anonymousreply 10910/14/2012

R109 not her personality lol

by Anonymousreply 11010/14/2012

Anonymous disowned Julian Assange for having his photo taken with Gaga. Hilarious!

How many more years (months?) does Gaga have left before she becomes a caricature of herself? How many more albums can this "character act"/vaudeville show/Ziggy Stardust ripoff or or whatever it is she does stay "new and exciting" (for those who find it new and exciting)? Or before she starts to appear somewhat unhinged?

One presumes r110 has spent many moments in the company of Madonna in order to know about her personality.

by Anonymousreply 11110/14/2012

R111 and how often do you read stories saying how pleasant Madonna is to be around? There's a reason why there are so many negative stories about her-because she's a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 11210/14/2012

Gunt Gunt calling someone cunty? What a joke, she is a dicknose twat that has a • faghag fanbase. Her little monsters all need to die an agonizing death from AiDs(gay plague)

by Anonymousreply 11311/13/2012

Correct. It takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 11411/13/2012

and Gaga is right. Problem?

by Anonymousreply 11511/14/2012

Lady Gaga will never be another Madonna. She is just another by-product. Madonna was a phenomenon, Gaga is just a sensationalist without the creativity and the strength that Madonna showed the previous years.

by Anonymousreply 11611/14/2012

Agreed, r116.

Madonna was relevant far outside pop music. My dad knows nothing about pop, but he knows who Madonna is, and hasn't heard of Gaga.

Lady Gaga has never been that pervasive, and her music isn't as instantly memorable as Madonna's big hits were.

Madonna's songs addressed basic human needs and activities - taking a vacation, losing your virginity, saying a prayer, re-inventing yourself, etc.

Madonna reached everybody, through those songs alone. Also, her religious name made her known to the whole world, whether they paid attention to her or not.

With Gaga, I couldn't even tell you what her songs are about. They're empty shells.

Who is she? Nobody really cares.

by Anonymousreply 11711/14/2012

CuntCunt is looking REALLY haggard these days. Is it the coke? Is it the self-realization that her 15 minutes are just about up?

by Anonymousreply 11811/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 11902/13/2013

Lady Gaga: We hope you never walk again, you talent-less whore!

by Anonymousreply 12002/13/2013

I'm going to commit suicide...

by Anonymousreply 12102/13/2013

r219/r220/r221 is talking to herself. F&F

by Anonymousreply 12202/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!