Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ballet West reality show

Talk about douchebags. This one show is enough to turn the public off to ballet forever. Especially all the Mormon looking closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 7208/06/2013

Shit, I forgot to DVR it - is it any good? Even if there *are* douchebags?

by Anonymousreply 106/08/2012

Do you think those brothers fuck each other?

by Anonymousreply 206/08/2012

OMG, I am enjoying this show. I love the brothers!!! Especially Rex, but I think he's totally an abused bf. His gf or whatever she is is a nasty twat!

by Anonymousreply 306/08/2012

I like the daner who isn't a brother. The one who debated about re-signing.

He is hot as hell.

All the men are handsome but the women all need nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 406/08/2012

You mean Ronnie, R4. He's hot, but he's kind of a douche. He's trying too hard to let us know he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 506/08/2012

It's not on FIOS "On Demand" :( Why aren't CW shows available on FIOS? Guess I'll have to watch from the CW website.

by Anonymousreply 606/08/2012

The guys are hot. I was surprised that some of them have so many tattoos though. I would think that would be frowned upon for ballet. And the women all have big noses, it's odd.

by Anonymousreply 706/08/2012

R7

I bet the guys have to use Dermablend when they perform.

by Anonymousreply 806/08/2012

I think the brother who puts up with the pseudo-girlfriend is probably a closet case. The other is probably straight. The third brother who is in SF is also hot.

by Anonymousreply 906/08/2012

I think the third brother is hot and gay AND probably the most talented of the three.

by Anonymousreply 1006/08/2012

All these people are ridiculously fake, but bad actors too. Rex the Hamlet of the group, OMG, such bad acting "My head's in about thirty places right now." Any real director would have fired his ass right there. Somebody has scripted these people within an inch of their lives, but the straight story lines are as silly as can be. No chemistry whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 1106/08/2012

The artistic directo calls BW one of the premiere companies in the country, but says he wants to get to the very top? Does he imagine he can surpass ABT and NYCB?

Where does BW actually rank?

by Anonymousreply 1206/09/2012

My friend remembers Adam (the Artistic Director) from when he was with the Joffrey. Says he's a nasty jerk, and forbade me from watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 1306/09/2012

But ... but ... he was so heartbroken when he had to let the dancer go. His eyes were moist.

by Anonymousreply 1406/09/2012

This horrible show must be sponsored by Smuckers, a family values company. All the male dancers are hetero studs with not one gay male dancer presented while they rub the hetero love in our faces for the whole show. In fact "men get into ballet for the women"...that's a direct quote. I made it thru 2 incredibly fake and boring episodes but that will be it for me. Not interested in the Smuckers on Ice version of ballet.

by Anonymousreply 1506/09/2012

Is it all fake?

by Anonymousreply 1606/09/2012

A preview of the Mormonized American coming after November 2012.

by Anonymousreply 1706/09/2012

Are they Mormons? I don't think any of the dancers is actually from Salt Lake City.

The quote was that a lot of male dancers get into it for the girls, and that's true. They pretty much have a continuous and convenient supply of pussy without any real effort. It's not a bad strategy.

It does trouble me that all the male dancers are straight. That's a distortion.

by Anonymousreply 1806/09/2012

I don't doubt that some men "say" they got into ballet for the women. I doubt that that is the real reason however. It is as fake as this show is IMO.

by Anonymousreply 1906/09/2012

It has never happened in the history of ballet R18. You know why? Ballerinas are disordered and very strong and have small boobs. No man wants that.

by Anonymousreply 2006/09/2012

They may not be from Salt Lake City, but nobody who is not a Mormon would ever join Ballet West.

by Anonymousreply 2106/09/2012

Ballet West? Bitches, please. Part of the ballet scene? Hahaha, um... No.

by Anonymousreply 2206/09/2012

I have a memory of a pretty large survey of US professional dancers (ballet, modern dance and theater) back in the late 90s (hundreds of people, i.e. a good percentage of the actual total), which showed a very large proportion of the male ones were gay or bi (gosh, amazing) - not a majority, but getting on for 40%. Female dancers, however, showed no such bias.

Yet interviews I have read with dancers in the drag Ballet Trocaderos troupe suggested that mainstream American ballet companies were not as tolerant and welcoming as might be expected. Maybe Ballet West is a case here.

by Anonymousreply 2306/09/2012

But the artistic director is surely a homo.

by Anonymousreply 2406/09/2012

But not so gay as to offend the Mormon donors. Think of their market.

by Anonymousreply 2506/10/2012

It started like as the "Utah Civic Ballet" and got a promotion to "Ballet West" after the "Federation of Rocky Mountain States" said it was their official representative (probably because there were no other ballet companies in the Rocky Mountain States in 1968).

by Anonymousreply 2606/10/2012

I notice from the list of personnel that they aren't showing the principals for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 2706/10/2012

Ballet West

by Anonymousreply 2806/10/2012

You just know their primary revenue source is not performances but their school.

by Anonymousreply 2906/10/2012

Tonight they added a token gay.

by Anonymousreply 3006/15/2012

I loathe Mor(m)ons. They are lowbrow, insular, conniving cultists who can't dance worth a shit.

by Anonymousreply 3106/15/2012

But when they added the token gay they made a point of saying "Everyone else at Ballet West is straight."

by Anonymousreply 3206/15/2012

do they expect us to believe the director is a straight man?

by Anonymousreply 3306/15/2012

Omg!

Those dancers have the ugliest feet I have ever seen!

Its good to see that the dancers do eat regular food.

by Anonymousreply 3406/15/2012

[quote]Those dancers have the ugliest feet I have ever seen!

Explain please. Are they deformed due to dancing or what? Males or females, both?

by Anonymousreply 3506/15/2012

They have blisters and calluses and they look really dry.

They showed 2 dancers getting mani-pedis.

by Anonymousreply 3606/15/2012

I don't know why they bother R36. Nothings going to make those feet look pretty.

I've always wondered about what their feet look like and I figured it had to be pretty bad. Supermodels have really ugly feet too.

by Anonymousreply 3706/15/2012

I lived with dancers. Female dancers ALL have those feet if they do pointe work. Those shoes are basically putting you on your tip toes for 8 hours a day with little padding. It's torture. And I also call bullshit on FEMALE dancers eating. They generally eat cigarettes and diet coke.

I also think that this must be some sort of miracle company if only one male dancer there is straight. That is completely unheard of in every company. Fucking mormon morons.

by Anonymousreply 3806/15/2012

Not everyone knows about this show. The show is called Breaking Pointe and it's on The CW.

by Anonymousreply 3906/15/2012

Well I can believe he's the only gay who's out.

by Anonymousreply 4006/15/2012

They said, and this is a direct quote, "You will never find a ballerina with anorexia." I happened to know just such a person personally. Of course, she was at a higher level than Ballet West.

by Anonymousreply 4106/15/2012

The principal dancer said she eats potato chips before every performance.

by Anonymousreply 4206/15/2012

Ronnie, Rex and Ronald don't ping for me.

I'm sure several of the dancers not profiled are gay. Too bad more of them weren't profiled too.

by Anonymousreply 4306/15/2012

Is incest rife? There's been so many posts about these people being brothers.

by Anonymousreply 4406/15/2012

"You will never find a ballerina without anorexia."

There, fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 4506/15/2012

That is not what they said R45. They said "with."

by Anonymousreply 4606/16/2012

The principal who claims not to know more than the first name of the girls in the chorus....oh, please!

by Anonymousreply 4706/18/2012

Here are some jacked up feet from wearing high heels.

by Anonymousreply 4806/18/2012

I can't wait for "All The Right Moves".

by Anonymousreply 4906/18/2012

So Ronald Tilton - I wondered why we never see him practicing with the others and then i see on their page that he is in Ballet West II - and oddly enough, is in some category by himself, although it doesn't say what category - just "Ballet West II".

Is he still with them simply because of the show? Or is it just some glitch on their site where he should be on the first page after Ian Tanzer, but somehow has gotten shunted off to the back page by himself (and please, can we see more of Ian and Ryan Sargent?)

by Anonymousreply 5006/18/2012

There was only one straight guy in my ballet company, one in a larger city, but not NY. Yes, he got all the bun-head twat, and all those anorexic doe eyes in the corps got a nasty case of herpes. The rest of the men were twinks, and I have a lovely store of memories in time for my eldergay years.

by Anonymousreply 5106/18/2012

Every single woman in the ballet has some form of an eating disorder. One cannot dance 6-10 hours a day on 800-1000 calories and be "normal".

The prima may eat potato chips (2) before a performance, but that is all she eats all day.

"Eat nothing. Have a little red wine." --Balanchine to Gelsey Kirkland

He was the arbiter of the lollipop look for dancers. Before he took over ABT, the female dancer was much stronger.

by Anonymousreply 5206/18/2012

Balanchine never ran ABT. He ran NYCB.

by Anonymousreply 5306/18/2012

Another one claimed she ate lemon chicken, rice, and a salad before her last performance.

by Anonymousreply 5406/19/2012

Yes, before her last performance - probably a day before.

by Anonymousreply 5506/19/2012

I've spent a lot of time around ballet and the dancers, living in shared housing with SAB, and then sharing a theater with both NYCB and SAB.

First, the proportion of gay to straight is about 60/40, the majority being gay. It might be more along the lines of 40/60 in such a small regional company, and based on the boys in this show most of them are closeted. Adam is gay, I know people that have worked with him.

Second, female dancers in real, major companies eat nothing. And I mean it. Anorexia is everywhere. I've seen girls that are walking skeletons that dance beautifully. These girls on this show are whales that a boy would refuse to pick up for fear of injury. They are also graceless. I haven't seen one girl (the nineteen year old being the closest) who has a ballerina body or the ability to potentially dance at a national company. There is no one there that would ever be international level.

Third, this is a small, unimportant company that is not on the radar. It's a regional company that gets by on a barebones season. A lot of their dancers look like they should be unemployed. The boys are overbuilt and too athletic in the wrong way, and the girls are huge and talent free. The level of delusion spouting from their mouths is breathtaking, especially the "prima" (who wouldn't merit corps at any real company) who thinks she's still going to do something at 32. Anyone who is good is dancing with a company or at the major company's school in their early teens, and is already being promoted by late teens, very early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 5606/28/2012

Well you make the top companies seem even worse r56.

by Anonymousreply 5706/28/2012

Should have been a two-hour documentary, not a 6-hour series. SAme shit over and over and over again. Rex put up with Alison for 3 years? He must be gay.

by Anonymousreply 5807/05/2012

Does anyone know if the show is coming back at some point? This last episode was called the "season finale".

by Anonymousreply 5907/08/2012

[guote]Ronnie, Rex and Ronald don't ping for me.

Because your gaydar, she broke.

by Anonymousreply 6007/10/2012

Those girls might turn faster if their huge rhino noses didn't cause so much wind resistance.

by Anonymousreply 6107/10/2012

You people are truly drowning in your ignorance. Ballet West is a highly respected company in the US whose dancers are well paid AGMA members. Salaries and benefits at this company rival those at companies in much larger and more expensive cities. Also, although there may indeed be people with eating disorders in the ballet world, by and large these people are very healthy eaters. They are elite athletes and burn a great number of calories each day. They need to eat MORE than most people in order to maintain their body weight and muscle tone.

by Anonymousreply 6210/28/2012

Good post, r62.

by Anonymousreply 6310/29/2012

R62 is completely incorrect. Their base pay is around 28-30,000 a year. Not anywhere near a reputable house level. Being part of AGMA means nothing.

Not going to even bother with the major misconceptions about dancer nutrition.

by Anonymousreply 6410/29/2012

They may be healthy eaters but they smoke like fiends. I used to work at the NYC Ballet and you would always find them smoking on the outside balcony of the NYS Theater when taking a break from practicing.

by Anonymousreply 6510/29/2012

This show starts its second season tonight!!!!! I can't wait to see Rex again!!!! I loved him, but hated his hag girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 6607/22/2013

Ronnie has apparently been seriously injured, at least the previews give that impression.

by Anonymousreply 6707/22/2013

Ronnie to lose foot? Well, they were being a bit melodramatic at the clinic.

Rex has no personality, and Chase is just a dizzy queen, but not a dizzy as Zach. They implied Chris and the hot guy from BWII are doing the nasty behind Christiane's back.

by Anonymousreply 6807/23/2013

I just discovered this show and just finished watching the whole first season on the CW App. I'm hooked!

by Anonymousreply 6907/23/2013

Ballet West is very homophobic and does NOT allow openly gay dancers so those queeny guys will not be around long.

by Anonymousreply 7007/23/2013

I hope Zach doesn't swallow the whole show. Annoying. I enjoyed last season.

by Anonymousreply 7107/23/2013

No thoughts on the last two episodes? This season is much better than the first season.

by Anonymousreply 7208/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.