Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone else hoping that if Dallas does well enough ...

... they'll bring back Dynasty too?

by Anonymousreply 6312/06/2012

Cameron Diaz as Krystle. Jennifer Lopez as Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 106/08/2012

Joan Collins and Linda Evans should just reprise their roles, and let Blake be dead.

by Anonymousreply 206/08/2012

Dynasty would have made a much better revival.

by Anonymousreply 306/08/2012

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 406/08/2012

I certainly hope not.

by Anonymousreply 506/08/2012

Hope these bitches have saved their shoulder pads.

by Anonymousreply 606/08/2012

So, character-wise, who o they have? LB - Jeff and Fallons son. Danny - Steven and Sammi Jo's spawn. And, Krystina. Were there other kids?

by Anonymousreply 806/08/2012

Fallon and Jef had a second child, a girl named Constance (after Jeff's departed aunt Connie - played by Barbara Stanwyck!)

by Anonymousreply 906/08/2012

Thats enough new blood ...i say go for it ...

They'd have to have Alexis, of course. Sammi Jo ....Jeff to be the patriarch. Krystle for a few eps. Blakes dead ...possibly open with his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1006/08/2012

Damn ...forgot how twisted this all was ....

by Anonymousreply 1106/08/2012

I guarantee you this (Dallas) will be a hit, R7. When is the last time TNT even had a bomb?

by Anonymousreply 1206/08/2012

I'm a phone call away.

by Anonymousreply 1306/08/2012

Camp warmed over is spelled C-R-A-P.

by Anonymousreply 1406/08/2012

Except for Blake, they could probably get the whole cast back, including Pamela Sue Martin! None of the actors from that series seem to have careers anymore. At ALL.

by Anonymousreply 1506/09/2012

I am SITTING on my cellphone, I tell you.

I didn't really die in the fire. Did I mention I had an identical twin?

by Anonymousreply 1606/09/2012

Blake and Krystle's spawn Krystina should be the new bitch on the block. Like Sami on DOL.

by Anonymousreply 1706/09/2012

Joan Collins tweeted "Heard Dallas is returning. WRONG drama to revive. I am ready for DYNASTY comeback."

That was last week.

Today she tweeted that she was in mourning for the death of her dear friend Nolan Miller (who designed all those fabulous Dynasty outfits - and made every woman look like a Green Bay Packer).

by Anonymousreply 1806/09/2012

Who the hell is Pamela Sue Martin, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1906/09/2012

What ever happened to Claudia's child Lindsay?

by Anonymousreply 2006/09/2012

Lindsay "died" in a car crash in Brazil accoring to Matthew ...Im sure she's alive down in Rio ....ready to show up in a courtroom in a hat and veil at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 2106/09/2012

R9 Jeff and fallons girl was lauren not constance. I think if dallas is a hit it may happen. I can see the second generation fighting over denver carrington after blakes death and colbyco. Dynasty had a lot more characters between the carringtons and colbys. But some core characters they need are alexis, krystle, jeff, fallon (only pamela sue martin!) adam, steven and the second generation of kids. Ive lost track of how many kids were in the first series. I wanna say four. Plus with love interests it would be a very full cast. And visits from one time cast members from its heyday would be good. Like diahann carroll, kathleen beller, catherine oxenberg etc.

by Anonymousreply 2206/09/2012

Which Steven do they get?

Al Corley (who left the show after 2 seasons because he didn't like how the producers tried to "de-gay" the character, but came back for the 1991 reunion movie)

Jack Coleman (who coincidentally is again playing sort of gay, this time on "The Office" as Angela's senator husband, making the moves on Oscar).

by Anonymousreply 2306/09/2012

Yes! Wish it were a reboot set in the 80s with all those awesome clothes.

by Anonymousreply 2406/09/2012

If the show returns, Stephanie Beacham deserves to be part of it.

by Anonymousreply 2506/09/2012

What did you say, R25?

by Anonymousreply 2606/09/2012

Even if they begged me, I'd never return.

by Anonymousreply 2706/09/2012

R23 Jack coleman i think was the better actor of the two. Also heather locklear should come back to fight with alexis and fallon!

by Anonymousreply 2806/09/2012

Anybody want to see me again?

by Anonymousreply 2906/09/2012

Any of you bitches up for Flamingo Road remake?

by Anonymousreply 3006/09/2012

Sable colby please!

by Anonymousreply 3106/09/2012

Flamingo Road was the best and the first. What happened to it? It should have been huge.

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2012

Count me in, Stella.

by Anonymousreply 3306/09/2012

To me Gossip Girl is a Dynasty reboot.

I am not sure if Dynasty would work these days where the general public isn't in awe of luxury, decadence, and the oil business but rather resent it.

Now Falcon Crest ... who doesn't love wine?

by Anonymousreply 3406/09/2012

Damn you... Damn YOU!

by Anonymousreply 3506/09/2012

Paper Dolls 2012.

I'm not busy.

by Anonymousreply 3606/09/2012

R22, Lauren Constance Colby.... Shoot me for not recalling a TV baby born in 1987! We practically never even saw her again afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 3706/12/2012

The rumors are starting -

by Anonymousreply 3807/02/2012

YES. Great minds think alike.

by Anonymousreply 3907/02/2012

WEHT Gordon Thompson ? I used to think he was so hot on the show - knew he was gay, but closeted, in LA, and on the show he came off as this WAPSY, pretentious queen.....except they had him dating beautiful women of course. Loved it when he'd walk in the room shirtless, wearing tiny Dolphin shorts, like he was just working out. Someone told me he was much older in real life, than he was supposed to be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 4007/02/2012

Can the "Dynasty" reboot please have a Lesbian subtext between two characters? When I was a kid I thought Krystal and Alexis had a little something going on in regard to that. Uh huh. I was always such a Lesbian.

"Knots Landing" cannot be rebooted since it was what "Desperate Housewives" was until that show was canceled.

A really camp "Falcon's Crest" reboot would be neat. But, "Dynasty" is like the mothership in terms of proper t.v. melodrama and so that should be first.

by Anonymousreply 4107/02/2012

Dynasty would not work in this day and time. A reboot of it would go over like Melrose Place 2.0 did.

by Anonymousreply 4207/02/2012

"Little Blake" should be grown up by now. Now all you need is a mini-Alexis.

by Anonymousreply 4307/02/2012

OK, let's do this right...

Blake has died. His will provides for his family and grandchildren, but the company itself is split five ways: Adam, Fallon, Steven, Amanda and Jeff Colby (the only non-sibling).

Since Blake had been in ill health for a while, the day-to-day operations of Denver-Carrington have long been handled by his successors, Adam and Jeff Colby. Steven and his partner Bart Fallmont have also moved back to Denver from Washington. Steven heads Denver-Carrington's alternative fuels resource division. Fallon (now divorced) works as a hotelier in the rebuilt La Mirage.

The only heir not living in Denver is Amanda, who has been in London for decades, bitterly estranged from Alexis. But on the way back for her father's funeral, Amanda's plane crashes into the sea, killing her.

At the reading of Amanda's will, it's discovered that she left all her assets to the one person her mother hated most in the world: Sable Colby, who has also been living in London since Jason's death...

That's the first 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 4407/02/2012

The problem is R44, that all those actors range in ages from late 50's to late 70's. If you want any younger viewers you will need to focus on the grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 4507/02/2012

Oh for sure r45. But there in lies the problem. We still remember John Ross and Christopher but I couldn't name any of the Dynasty kids except for little Kristina. And I just don't think most people have the fondness for Krystle and Fallon that they have for J.R. and Bobby and Sue Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 4607/02/2012

You just can't do a new Dynasty without Sammy Jo

Heather Locklear is now 50, and she can out bitch anyone. She's ready to transition to good meaty role where she's no longer the hot young thing.

The pilot episode should be Blake's funeral and the reading of the will.

The wars over his estate can be the foundation of the whole new series.

by Anonymousreply 4707/02/2012

Locklear probably wouldn't do it. She's said she regretted reprising Amanda for MP 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 4807/02/2012

Think of the possibilities y'all.

by Anonymousreply 4907/02/2012

The second Melrose got off to a rocky start because the only character from the original show was Sidney, who no one cared about. It got better with Amanda and Michael back.

Dallas didn't make the same mistake--and, hopefully, a Dynasty remake wouldn't either. A Dallas-style remake would make more sense than the planned feature film set in the 1960s. Is this even still being discussed?

by Anonymousreply 5007/02/2012

How can you guys mention Flamingo Road without me? It made me a star!

by Anonymousreply 5107/02/2012

OOO Dynasty the early years. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 5207/02/2012

Uh, we're all forgetting something. THIS is what Linda Evans looks like now... ain't gonna be no remake.

by Anonymousreply 5307/02/2012

I'm not sure I would care enough for a Dynasty sequel. The show wasn't that great to begin with and would have to become a lot smarter. It would probaby have to go where Revenge currently is. Campy but not terribly superficial. Also, everybody including Collins and Evans apparenly, seem to be fond of the dresses. Other than that Dynsty had very low production values. It was a cheap show, where story or depth never mattered much.

Who would like to see Falcon Crest 2013 with David Selby as lead?

by Anonymousreply 5407/02/2012

[quote]Only tired old queens love this creaky old stuff(with some new faces added).....this show is going to bomb big time....

"Dallas" has already been renewed for a second season, and its premiere was one of the highest-rated original dramas in basic cable history.

That said, I don't think there's any fucking way "Dynasty" will return. Blake's dead, Krystle's a plastic surgery victim and looks like she suffered third-degree burns on her face (a la Bruce Jenner), Alexis is wearing incontinence diapers and probably soon to croak, and no one gives a shit about any of the other characters except eldergays still living in the distant past. There simply *is* no equivalent to J.R. Ewing, nor was "Dynasty" ever the cultural statement "Dallas" was, but rather a pale facsimile.

by Anonymousreply 5507/02/2012

Maybe it could be a "Frasier"-like spinoff ...

"Suddenly Sable"

"Gunderson's Kitchen"

"The Kirby Anders Variety Hour"

by Anonymousreply 5607/02/2012

I would much prefer Falcon Crest be revised and think that the northern California wine industry holds more promise than another oil saga. Only thing that would be hard to replace is the diabolic, heartless Angela Channing. She was as intelligent and conniving as JR Ewing and I would have loved them to somehow have had a dispute during their day. Not sure who would win. For Falcon Crest, i could see Mellissa - Ana Alicia - becoming the bitch, but the shoes of Jane Wyman can never be adequately filled. Like to see Billy Moses and Lorenzo Llamas running around shirtless even at their age.

by Anonymousreply 5707/03/2012

It's unfortunate Melrose Place didn't take. Terrible writing though.

by Anonymousreply 5807/03/2012

If Dallas can make a comeback, so can Dynasty says Joan: Actress keen to revive hit show -

by Anonymousreply 5911/12/2012

I would love Knots Landing to come back.

by Anonymousreply 6011/19/2012

Who did Sammy Jo end up with?

by Anonymousreply 6111/19/2012

No one. She was single at the end of the 4-hour reunion.

I think with Hagman dead, the only way to save the reboot is to bring in Victoria Principal to shake things up.

by Anonymousreply 6212/06/2012

I totally agree R62, she has to come back now.

by Anonymousreply 6312/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!