Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Creepy Young Mitt Romney Impersonated A Police Officer

When Mitt Romney was a college freshman, he told fellow residents of his Stanford University dormitory that he sometimes disguised himself as a police officer – a crime in many states, including Michigan and California, where he then lived. And he had the uniform on display as proof.

So recalls Robin Madden, who had also just arrived as a freshman, the startling incident began when Romney called him and two or three other residents into his room, saying, “Come up, I want to show you something.” When they entered Romney’s room, “and laid out on his bed was a Michigan State Trooper’s uniform.”

Madden, a native Texan who graduated from Stanford in 1970 and went on to become a successful television producer and writer, has never forgotten that strange moment, which he has recounted to friends over the years as he observed his former classmate’s political ascent. The National Memo learned of the incident from a longtime Madden friend to whom he had mentioned it years ago.

Said Madden in a recent interview, “He told us that he had gotten the uniform from his father,” George Romney, then the Governor of Michigan, whose security detail was staffed by uniformed troopers. “He told us that he was using it to pull over drivers on the road. He also had a red flashing light that he would attach to the top of his white Rambler.”

by Anonymousreply 7211/09/2012

Is he real into trains too? Because I swear he's on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 106/07/2012

Years ago, there was a guy in my town who was impersonating a police officer and pulling over women. Then raping and killing them. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 206/07/2012

And THIS is the GOP's hope for our country? A guy who dressed up as a cop to pull over women?

by Anonymousreply 306/07/2012

Raw Money is a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 406/07/2012

There's probably alot of stuff that will come out about him. He just seems the type to have many skeletons and rotting corpses in his closet. Besides that however is the fact that every word out of his friggin mouth in a complete lie. That should be sufficient enough to prevent him from the Presidency but maybe that's the Pollyanna in me.

by Anonymousreply 506/07/2012

Who cares? Does it really matter? He seems to get away with everything. Nothing sticks to him. He's Teflon.

by Anonymousreply 606/07/2012

"Impersonating a police officer, Ted Bundy lured her to his car, but when she became suspicious of his car being a Volkswagen Beetle, she struggled then escaped."

by Anonymousreply 706/07/2012

He's such a creepy, socially inept weirdo. I don't understand how he's gotten anywhere in life. Was he popular when he was governor of MA?

by Anonymousreply 806/07/2012

He is like Teflon. Is it because he is such a bald-faced liar, nothing phases him or his cartel?

He's like a caricature, a fucking living, exaggerated cartoon!

by Anonymousreply 906/07/2012

Let me guess, in the vein of Romney shaving that kids hair, his response to this when it is brought up will be...." I don't recall that situation." Sigh...

by Anonymousreply 1006/07/2012

...let me explain the teflon: $$$$$$$$$$...

by Anonymousreply 1106/07/2012

I'm not interested in hearing about every asinine thing Mittens did when he was young.

His downfall needs to be about his record and the fact that he's a flip flopping, soulless, out of touch empty cipher.

by Anonymousreply 1206/07/2012

That doesn't seem to be going anywhere, R12.

The DNC went after Romney's Bain record and it totally flopped. Everyone from the media to Cory Booker came to Romney's defense.

And people know all about his lies as Governor of MA and that doesn't seem to be hurting him either.

by Anonymousreply 1306/07/2012

Wait, he went to Stanford?

by Anonymousreply 1506/07/2012

Yes, R15. That's where he campaigned in favor of the Vietnam War before he ran off to France for 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 1606/07/2012

I don't think he ever got a degree from Stanford, r15.

by Anonymousreply 1706/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 1806/07/2012

[quote]There is increasing information that shows Obama used drugs extensively (and many would view that as perhaps more serious than this)

Um, no, there isn't.

by Anonymousreply 1906/07/2012

What would be his purpose in using a uniform to pick up girls? His money is all he needed.

by Anonymousreply 2106/07/2012

I don't recall doing this at all, but if I did, it was just a prank, you know, hijinks that got a bit out of control.

by Anonymousreply 2206/07/2012

I hope some of his "stop victims" come forward.

by Anonymousreply 2306/07/2012

He is still creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2406/07/2012

Huh -- the French Missionary assignment and then the terrible car accident. God surely did not want Mitt to go to Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 2506/07/2012

Something is seriously off about him. How many "pranks" are in his background.

by Anonymousreply 2606/07/2012

He is a killer. How many times do you idiots have to be told?

by Anonymousreply 2706/07/2012

These kinds of "pranks" reveal the mind of a psychopath. Seriously.

These are not tee-peeing, streaking, prank phone calls kinds of pranking...

by Anonymousreply 2806/07/2012

He's the creepiest, scariest Rethug candidate in history.

Makes George W. and his drunken pranks look like a choirboy.

by Anonymousreply 3006/07/2012

R26. Romney has no core, no sense of humor, no ability to relate to others.

As a result, his humor and antics come from these so-called pranks that are either at the expense of others or some weird, strange thing he does where being this entitled douchebag, he probably expects others to laugh and find the humor too.

Instead, Romney comes off looking weird, creepy and unfunny--perhaps with this big grin on his face, but no one else is smiling.

by Anonymousreply 3106/07/2012

Based on their relative ages, it is far more likely Mitt Romney has been a cocaine abuser than Obama. Cocaine was already a bad drug to be avoided when Obama came of age. When Romney was a young Boston professional, cocaine was considered a business aid and nobody of his age and class NOT EVEN A MORMON would have gone without partaking.

by Anonymousreply 3306/07/2012

[quote]he admitted he used drugs in his autobiography.

People were more upset that he smoked cigarettes, something he's said he's quit.

by Anonymousreply 3406/07/2012

Add to that the fact that Bill Bain founded Bain Capital probably the no. 1 reason was to launder cocaine money from Colombia and Central America, and that Romney almost certainly knew this -hence his hesitation taking the job - it is almost impossible that Romney was not a cocaine addict throughout much of the Reagan years.

by Anonymousreply 3506/07/2012

That Obama (or Bush or Clinton or anyone) used drugs is not nearly as big of a deal as anyone impersonating a police officer.

by Anonymousreply 3606/07/2012

Some young people experiment with drugs; and of course, many don't.

But unless it's Halloween or some theatrical event, hardly anyone dresses up and impersonates a police officer, which is just sort of taboo in our society. Dressing up like a cop is simply not done due to all the creepy, misfit, sociopath type of behavior it conjures up.

People may dress up as a lot of other professions as a joke, but police isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 3706/07/2012

Except, r37, if you are a Village Person.

by Anonymousreply 3806/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 3906/07/2012

R38. Except that I'm sure the Village People creeped out Mitt because they "look gay." And he might have the urge to tackle them down to the ground and cut their hair.

by Anonymousreply 4006/07/2012

the more I learn about Romney the worse he seems.

by Anonymousreply 4106/07/2012

He has Stepford eyes. There's just a machine inside there.

by Anonymousreply 4206/07/2012

The best things to get him on are that he is an out-of-touch billionaire with offshore accounts who doesn't care about ordinary people at all, and the dog on the car roof thing.

by Anonymousreply 4306/07/2012

When the Pubbies have their convention, hundreds of cars should converge on the city with dog cages (fake dogs in cage) on the top of the cars.

by Anonymousreply 4406/07/2012

They will.

by Anonymousreply 4506/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 4606/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 4706/08/2012

If Romney gets elected, the 99.9% percent will be riding like Seamus.

by Anonymousreply 4806/08/2012

and pooping in fright.

by Anonymousreply 4906/09/2012

Romney may be a police impersonating, serial killing rapist, but at least he's white.

by Anonymousreply 5006/09/2012

"I'm not interested in hearing about every asinine thing he did when he was young"

It's just that these things seems so out of place for a straight-laced, Mormon 'chip off the ol' block'. If it was George W. no one would bat an eye, but Willard is a strange one.

by Anonymousreply 5106/09/2012

On the contrary R51, George W. Bush would never have done anything so weird and psychotic. Only a rapist or a murderer would do something like this in college.

Bush might have done the haircut thing, but nothing like this.

by Anonymousreply 5206/09/2012

Did his police uniform have a swazitika on it?

by Anonymousreply 5306/09/2012

This one made the Morning News Dump at Netroots Nation on Friday morning.

I only know it dead because Lizz Winstead really nailed him on this.

by Anonymousreply 5406/09/2012

Is Romney the Zodiac killer? Think about it. Same kind of M.O. Dresses up as police, approaches kids having a good time. Shoots them. Same kind of bullying prank thing. After he returned from France he moved to Provo to finish at Brigham Young, but he knew the Bay Area from his time at Stanford. Now he's married and pinned down to a woman who preferred someone else. The sexual revolution has passed him by. It's not such a long commute.

by Anonymousreply 5506/10/2012

Think about it. The Bay Area murder stopped after he left Provo for Boston in 1971. There was maybe one in Tahoe and another in Santa Barbara later.

by Anonymousreply 5606/10/2012

Plus the cryptograms, the Most Dangerous Game shit....all signs of an educated high status person.

"On September 27, 1969, Pacific Union College students Bryan Hartnell and Cecelia Shepard were picnicking at Lake Berryessa on a small island connected by a sand spit to Twin Oak Ridge. A man approached them wearing a black executioner's-type hood with clip-on sunglasses over the eye-holes and a bib-like device on his chest that had a white 3"x3" cross-circle symbol on it."

Ritual bullshit. Exactly what someone raised in a cult like the Mormons would be into. Symbols. Did the Sons of Dan have a symbol?

The Zodiac killer artist sketch below

by Anonymousreply 5706/10/2012

Romney 1969

by Anonymousreply 5806/10/2012

That accident in France rattled the shit out of his brain. It's not hard to imagine an injury like that making him nutty enough to kill.

by Anonymousreply 5906/10/2012

ppsm where's your "about" section?

by Anonymousreply 6006/10/2012

The accident and it's possible effects on his mental state need to get out to the media.

by Anonymousreply 6106/10/2012

[quote]The accident and it's possible effects on his mental state need to get out to the media.

No doubt the Democrats will make sure this happens.

by Anonymousreply 6206/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 6306/10/2012

Are you kidding R63? Democrats are tiptoeing along on eggshells even though they are possibly running against the Zodiac killer.

by Anonymousreply 6406/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 6506/10/2012

This needs to be posted on other forums outside DL, too.

by Anonymousreply 6606/16/2012

Romney creepiness bump

by Anonymousreply 6706/17/2012

This story needs more exposure.

by Anonymousreply 6806/22/2012

i agree. i think it's SOOOO creepy and revealing.

by Anonymousreply 6906/22/2012

What accent did he do? :P

by Anonymousreply 7006/22/2012

Let's keep this going. Push these stories at him while he's down so that he stays down.

by Anonymousreply 7111/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!