Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Pioneer Woman

Does anyone watch Ree Drummond-aka The Pioner Woman's Food Network show or follow her wildly popular blog? I've just recently started watching her, and I find her meals and personality to be refreshing and comforting. She lives on a working cattle ranch with her cowboy husband and four kids, and films her show from a house on the property. Apparently, she's written a cook book that was #1 on the NY Times Bestsellers list, and has won seveeral awards for her blog.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2015

The only place I've ever heard of her is this DL thread. She sounds dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 106/03/2012

Isn't she a right wing, home schooling, never a person of color or a gay person in 500 miles of her kind of person? Her entire family looks like white supremacists with the kids looking like Hitler's Youth.

by Anonymousreply 206/03/2012

I follow her blog. She could be all of those things, R2, but I've never gotten that from her.

As far as home schooling, if I lived in Crackerland OK, I would be home schooling any kids I had too.

by Anonymousreply 306/03/2012

She's the new Paula Deen. Her recipes are pretty much the same low-brow, high fat stuff that Paula cooks.

by Anonymousreply 406/03/2012

I like Trisha Yearwood, but her new cooking show is terrible. Her recipes are all small town southern crap.

by Anonymousreply 506/03/2012

I made two of her recipes and they were awful, but not as awful as her

by Anonymousreply 606/03/2012

Trisha Yearwood was interviewed in a cooking magazine. She said she likes to cook casseroles. Fair warning, I figured.

by Anonymousreply 706/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 806/03/2012

I find her insufferable and smug.

She was a "career woman" in LA until she was swept away to a ranch in Oklahoma by her hunky cowboy husband in a Harlequin romance come to life. Apparently former career girls make absolutely terrific housewives.

That is the source of her appeal. It's a very regressive portrayal of a woman's role in life that probably is a-okay with groups like One Million Moms. The only thing missing that would have made the message perfect is if she had been a career woman and a lesbian before meeting Mr. Right and giving up all her personal aspirations to follow him back to Okie and raise a mess o' young'uns.

That's something almost submersive about it.

by Anonymousreply 906/03/2012

Make that subversive, not submersive. DL needs an "edit" feature for us eldergays who are losing our minds.

by Anonymousreply 1006/03/2012

I made a chicken dish of hers.

It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 1106/03/2012

She and her perfect husband are now separated. I thought I wasn't capable of schadenfreude. Until now!

by Anonymousreply 1206/03/2012

do you ever get used to the smell?

by Anonymousreply 1306/03/2012

Separated, R12. Where did you read that?

by Anonymousreply 1406/03/2012

Her husband, Ladd is HOT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1506/03/2012

I made a couple of her recipes and they were both really good

by Anonymousreply 1606/03/2012

He surely is, R15

by Anonymousreply 1706/03/2012

I read it here on DL and they said it was on wikipedia but I just looked and it's not. That's too bad.

by Anonymousreply 1806/03/2012

I stumbled across her existence a couple of years ago and I remember thinking that her recipes were completely next-level disgustingly simple (in a bad way) and unhealthy. Like a folksy personality dictating a Betty Crocker cookbook from 1956. Checking in on her now, it looks like she's evolved a little and is no more or less harmful than a randomly-selected issue of Rachel Ray's lifestyle magazine. I know there's a whole TWOP-style internet cottage industry built up around taking her down and while I recoil at that I think I have an irrational desire for her to be an alright broad - I remember clicking back through her awful Steak-Ums + Butter recipes hoping not to stumble onto the anti-gay right-winger land mine post I kept expectng to find.

by Anonymousreply 1906/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2012

I really like Trisha Yearwood's new cooking show...she seems very normal, authentic, and not so "actorly" like the Pioneer woman.

by Anonymousreply 2202/07/2013

I watched a couple of her shows and I think her cooking is totally pedestrian. Steak, cheesy fries, cheesy eggs, cheesy everything for taste. No creativity whatsoever. Food Network is really going downhill..

by Anonymousreply 2302/07/2013

IS she separated from the husband or not?

by Anonymousreply 2402/07/2013

Just watched a few of her shows on Netflix and then checked out her blog, both are pretty much platforms to show off her perfect life. Her food looks like slop covered in cheese. But seriously, this woman is so far up her own ass.

by Anonymousreply 2501/02/2015

None of you bitchy queens have any snarky comments to add?

by Anonymousreply 2601/02/2015

She has 2 Kitchen Aid standing mixers....2! The orange with the personalized painted flower and a yellow one in her pantry closet. If that's not a cunt, I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 2701/02/2015

She has a blue one, also! I just saw her use it/show it off on an episode of her cooking show,

We get it Ree, your life is perfect!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2801/02/2015

I have THREE KitchenAid stand mixers, including my mother's from 1949. I guess that makes me more of a frau than Ree.

by Anonymousreply 2901/02/2015

Women seem to hate her, I wonder why. I find her entertaining and pleasantly fake.

by Anonymousreply 3001/02/2015

her daughters are really tall

by Anonymousreply 3101/03/2015

I have seen that woman's blog but I didn't know she now has a cooking show. I never made her food since it's high in fat.

by Anonymousreply 3201/03/2015

I think Giada is the one getting the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 3301/05/2015

I think woman hate because she sold them this image of a simple woman who was home schooling her kids, making home cooked meals, barely keeping it together housewife.

But the reality was always that she came from money, married into more money and had lots of paid help to school her children, cook for her family, write her blog, her recipes weren't her own, etc etc.

To me, her blog and TV show come across as bragging more than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 3401/05/2015

Say what you want about her, but she's a food blogger and cooking show host, so having multiple Kitchenaid mixers is not remotely remarkable. She probably has multiple, fully equipped kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 3501/05/2015

[quote]She probably has multiple, fully equipped kitchens.

Yes, she's talked about this on her show. She has one kitchen in the main house on her property and then another kitchen in some other house on the same property.

by Anonymousreply 3601/05/2015

R35, they designed and built a separate building with a well-equipped professional kitchen for her cooking show, blogs and conferences.

I wasn't aware of it until she invited a group of cooks to come to the ranch to test pie dough techniques and ingredients. It looks like a serious cook's dream kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2015

Her husband's family is the 17th largest landowner in the US. A whopping 433,000 acres.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2015

And, R38?

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2015

what r34 said.

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2015

I assume Drummond, Oklahoma, and Kerr-Drummond residence hall at Oklahoma State University are named after her husband's family.

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2015

I don't believe for one second that in real like her "cowboy" husband or her kids ever get their hands dirty or do any of the things they're seen doing on the show or that she ever lifts a finger to cook or clean up.

Her father is a surgeon. She has never known what it's like not to be stinking rich.

I also don't believe that family eats that way with so much butter and sugar.

Every single thing about her is all for show.

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2015

I think they work the ranch during branding and other times they're needed, R42. Mr. Ree probably spends a lot of time on his office computer, like most farmers and ranchers do now.

Most of what she seems to say about what her husband and boys will eat is lots of red meat and not much in the way of salads and other healthy food.

Frankly, it would be stupid for her not to have household help, given how much her cookbooks, food shows and blogs are bringing in. She's got better things to do with her time.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!