Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Mattson's old cooking show. Wasn't it on Food Network?

Remember that? She seemed like a pretty good cook.

by Anonymousreply 60001/19/2014

Robin Mattson as in Heather Webber? I bet that was fun.

by Anonymousreply 106/01/2012

She actually had a second career as a chef, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 206/01/2012

The only thing Heather eats are BLTs:

by Anonymousreply 306/01/2012

She reminds me of a heavier Teri Polo.

by Anonymousreply 406/01/2012

So who was a bigger bitch: Robin Mattson or Kate Collins?

by Anonymousreply 506/01/2012

You're almost right, OP. Her cooking show, "The Main Ingredient," was on Lifetime in the mid-1990's. Yes, I watched it, and yes, she was trained as a professional chef.

I LOVE Robin, and much prefer her to Kate Collins in the role of Janet Green. The day they unwrapped the bandages at Greenhaven, and there was Robin instead of Kate...that was a daytime classic moment.

by Anonymousreply 606/01/2012

Kate Collins was equally fantastic in the role.

by Anonymousreply 706/01/2012

I thought Kate Collins was good as Natalie, and when she came back at the end she had some effective Janet scenes, but when she was playing both Natalie and Janet at the same time, her Janet was pretty cartoony. Robin did a better job fleshing her out when she was a regular character. Collins often seemed she was about to eat the entire set.

by Anonymousreply 806/01/2012

I was about to say the same thing, r8, Kate Collins owns the role of Natalie, but Robin did a better job with Janet.

by Anonymousreply 906/01/2012

She will always be Gina DeMott Capwell Timmons Lockridge to me.

by Anonymousreply 1006/01/2012

The episodes where AMC briefly overtook Y&R as the number 1 soap in the nation were the big reveal in 1991, where Hayley exposed Janet as Nat and got taken hostage as a result.

Great, great acting from Kate Collins who is just as talented and inventive as Robin Mattson IMO.

Btw, look out for Genie Francis as Ceara (the role ABC Daytime fired her from in order to force her back into playing Laura).

by Anonymousreply 1106/01/2012

r10, check out this absolutely brilliant clip between Gina and Keith. It had me howling in laughter. The script is BRILLIANT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1206/01/2012

Robin Mattson and Jane Elliot on Donahue - both wonderful to watch and to listen to:

by Anonymousreply 1306/01/2012

Thanks R13

by Anonymousreply 1406/01/2012

Lovely scenes with Roger Howarth!

by Anonymousreply 1506/11/2012

"Don't dismiss me, Mr. Manning!". Thanks R15.

by Anonymousreply 1606/11/2012

Kate Collins' Janet was in the AMC tradition of over-the-top cartoony characters that command viewer attention, like Phoebe, Billy Clyde, Opal and Ray Gardner. I liked Mattson in the role initially, but the character was so watered down by the time she was written out, and the storyline of her marrying Trevor was so ludicrous and plot driven. I read that she was hurt that she wasn't asked to reprise Janet near the end of the show's run, but they really went out of their way to get Collins instead, including flying her out from Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 1706/11/2012

What was the real story behind that r17? Mattson is still a name in daytime while Kate Collins hadn't worked in nearly 15 years when AMC brought Janet back. Was Mattson not well liked by TPTB? Was Collins just cheaper?

by Anonymousreply 1806/11/2012

It was all very political, from what I read, r18. McTavish was HW at the time and supposedly hated Janet's redemption, which was penned by Lorraine Broderick in the '90, and anything associated with Broderick's tenure. There was some rivalry there. McTavish was coming off a major high with the very successful Bianca rape & baby switch plots, so she wielded a lot power at the time. She wanted the campy, maniacal Collins version, and what she wanted she got. I prefer Collins too, but McT undid EVERYTHING that Brodedick had done with the character.

by Anonymousreply 1906/11/2012

I liked Robin's Janet, but I agree with [R17], that they really watered down the character when they paired her with Trevor. They had an interesting dynamic when they had an uneasy truce going on, and Trevor grudingly admitted she had a place in Amanda's life, but they should have left it at that. Instead they completely reformed her and all she did was fold laundry and bake cookies and occasionally act as a sounding board for Erica. She was much more interesting as a kind of reformed schemer.

by Anonymousreply 2006/11/2012

Robin seems born to play the schemer.

by Anonymousreply 2106/12/2012

Robin's first soap role was ingenue Hope Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 2206/12/2012

r18, GH and AMC take place in the same world. Since Janet played by Mattson had a storyline with Skye played by Carrie Genzel, and Skye played by Robin Christopher had a storyline with Heather played by Mattson, people were getting seriously confused.

by Anonymousreply 2306/12/2012

I didin't know AMC and GH were in the same universe.

by Anonymousreply 2406/12/2012

Oh horseshit r23. Robin Mattson and Robin Christopher never had a scene together as Skye and Janet. I don't see how any soap fan could not suspend disbelief as much as they recycle actors on these shows.

by Anonymousreply 2506/12/2012

Heather was at her best when she was in the sanitarium sneaking out to kill Diana Taylor. Especially the way she tormented her roommate Sarah. Everyone I knew who watched the show just couldn't wait until Diana Taylor got whacked.

by Anonymousreply 2606/12/2012

I suppose everyone knows that Kate Collins' father is Michael Collins, the guy who orbited the moon while Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin walked on it in 1969?

by Anonymousreply 2706/12/2012

R26 - yes, those were good times.

by Anonymousreply 2806/12/2012

Apparently, r25, you forget the whole Dr. Kinder story. Erica, Skye, and Janet did some pretty fabulous stuff together.

by Anonymousreply 2906/12/2012

If Kate had anything to say about it they did.

by Anonymousreply 3006/12/2012

LOVE that early Heather scene [R26] thanks for posting ... She looked great!

by Anonymousreply 3106/12/2012

She's had so many flawless characters: Janet, Heather….and especially Gina Capwell - her and Keith Timmons were magic together.

I kept hoping when Justin Deas was on Guiding Light that they'd bring her own (and she even played a GL character when she was younger) but it never materialized.

by Anonymousreply 3206/12/2012

Heather is just my all time favorite soap character. Especially her scenes manipulating Joe Kelley.

by Anonymousreply 3306/12/2012

"How'd you like me to break one of your little fingers". LOL. She is a terror ...I may have to start watching GH again since she's back on it. They don't write 'em like that any more.

by Anonymousreply 3406/12/2012

[quote]Apparently, [R25], you forget the whole Dr. Kinder story. Erica, Skye, and Janet did some pretty fabulous stuff together.

No I didn't forget. My point was that the two of them never appeared onscreen as Skye and Janet. Robin Christopher was not playing Skye at that time.

by Anonymousreply 3506/12/2012

I'm really loving her on GH right now! She's the only GH character I get actual enjoyment out of. But her, combined with the influx of OLTL characters (minus the unbearable Starr) are making GH worth watching again. I would kill for a story where Heather and Todd eventually become allies and bring Sonny/Jason down.

by Anonymousreply 3606/12/2012

[R29] that was Carrie G(something) as Skye, not Robin Christopher, in the Dr. Kinder storyline (I agree not a bad story). I actually thought she was not a bad recast, and she had a good adversarial dynamic with Adam's new favorite daughter, Hayley. Adam and Skye had such a disfunctional relationship and history, it is too bad they rewrote history and made her not a Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 3706/12/2012

R36. I had to stop watching years ago because of all the awful mob stuff. Ugh. Seeing Jessie at the nurse's station and Amy Vining gossiping definitely brought back memories of better days on that show. I'll have to give it a try and get caught up. Never watched OLTL, so dont know any of those characters.

by Anonymousreply 3806/12/2012

My Sincere apologies, r25/35. I swear to god, I read Your post a couple of times before replying, but I kept seeing character naames, where You used actor names. Your point is well-taken.

by Anonymousreply 3906/12/2012

R38 even if you never watched a day of OLTL, you'll probably enjoy the characters simply for the fact that they are not in the mob, or married to someone in the mob, or have children by someone in the mob, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4006/13/2012

Loved her on Santa Barbara. God, that was the best soap.

by Anonymousreply 4106/13/2012

"But there's one thing I must confess ...Sally was a man who wore a dress "

Lol ...loved this song ....bought it on a 45 when I was in Jr. High ...

This thread is a walk down memory lane ...

by Anonymousreply 4206/13/2012

"I've met brusell sprouts with more personality."

by Anonymousreply 4306/13/2012

Wow, Robin is working the FUCK out of those scenes in R15.

Roger is a strong actor and she is just blowing him off the stage. Damn, gurl! Get it!

by Anonymousreply 4406/13/2012

Oh what I could've done given half a chance.

by Anonymousreply 4506/13/2012

r25 - you are an idiot. I said that Robin Mattson as Janet played a story with Skye (played by Carrie Genzel on AMC) and then Robin played Heather back on GH with Skye's ORIGINAL AMC portrayer Robin Christopher back in the role.

Get that through your thick skull.

by Anonymousreply 4606/13/2012

r24 - you didn't? Were you suffering from amnesia when Anna Devane was police commissioner in Pine Valley or when Robin showed up at her door?

by Anonymousreply 4706/13/2012

Hilarious rumors of a Lost-esque gothic GH storyline involving the whole cast:

"Kimberlin Brown is joining GH as Rachel Locke, Heather's insane schitzo BFF at Ferncliffe. Rachel recognizes Sam as her daughter Livvie and McBain as the vampire Caleb, stalking them on the docks at night. Rachel claims that they have been banished as extra-terrestrials from their home planet of Lumina (where the alternative Port Charles exists)

Rachel is determined to kill Jason because she feels that he comes between Livvie and Caleb. She also has an obsession with finding the absent Lucy Coe, who she proclaims to have known on Lumina.

Wanting to keep Rachel under her thumb, Heather supports her theory that Lucy is the third part of a psychic triad with Rachel and Heather that will unlock a portal back to Lumina so she can take Livvie and Caleb home with her. Heather's abilities are able to contact aliens and Lucy has the power of seeing into the future, Rachel rounds out the witches' triad with the gift of creating emanations that can exist independently from one's body - together, their psychic talents can create superlative visions of another world.

Now the big story twist is that Rachel is not crazy and that it turns out that the alternate Port Charles IS a real place and DOES exist on the the planet Lumina. Rachel and Heather are under mind control by Cesar Faison from Lumina. Faison divulges that Sam and McBain are actually emanations of Livvie and Caleb that were created in 2003 in order to go to Port Charles on earth and retrieve the last crystal stolen by Helena that will open a permanent portel between the two worlds, so Faison can retrieve his muse Anna Devane. However there was an accident and only one emanation ended up in Port Charles, Earth - Livvie codename Sam McCall. The other turned up in Llanview, PA. Caleb Morley codename: John McBain! Faison tells Rachel that once the portral is unlocked, John and Sam must be assassinated so as not to upset the balance of the universe! Rachel is troubled by her maternal love for them."

by Anonymousreply 4806/13/2012

There's also a huge rumor that beloved soap icon Lynne Adams is joining the show as the new Lesley Webber, who will be back full time in a huge umbrella storyline involving the Spencers and the Cassadines. Can Genie Francis/Laura be fat behind?

by Anonymousreply 4906/13/2012

Why would they cast Lynne when Denise Alexander is available?

That sounds like just what you said: a rumor.

[quote] Can Genie Francis/Laura be fat behind?

Freudian slip!

by Anonymousreply 5006/13/2012

[quote]Heather was at her best when she was in the sanitarium sneaking out to kill Diana Taylor.

[italic]And[/italic] she framed goody-goody Nurse Anne Logan for the murder!

by Anonymousreply 5106/13/2012

And it was Alice who really killed Diana!! Alice's confession of the murder was one of the more brilliant scenes in soap history. Didn't know Alice had it in her. It used to be on youtube but I can't find it to post.

by Anonymousreply 5206/13/2012

found it ...just perfection. Robin and the actress who played Heather's mother had great mother/daughter love/hate chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 5306/13/2012

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred Mary O'Brien's version of Heather. She was much more subtle and always seemed to have a certain nervous energy, as she was always on the brink of insanity, that served the character well. Robin played Heather as more of a caricature IMO. Here's a recent-ish Q&A with O'Brien discussing her time on GH.

by Anonymousreply 5406/13/2012

I loved watching Mary O'Brien's Heather go nuts after accidentally taking the LSD she'd intended to slip to Diana.

by Anonymousreply 5506/13/2012

Thank you R53.

Why did they change Heathers?

by Anonymousreply 5606/14/2012

Anyone know who played Alice Grant? Quite an accomplishment in daytime to steal a scene from Robin Mattson.

by Anonymousreply 5706/14/2012

Lieux Dressler played Alice.

by Anonymousreply 5806/14/2012

Didn't Cher's sister play Heather for a brief time in the 70's?

by Anonymousreply 5906/15/2012

R46 = still needs to go back and read my reply again. Completely missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 6006/15/2012

You're confused, r60. I wasn't referring to the fact that Robin and Robin never worked together before, but that their characters had at times when they were also playing OTHER characters.

by Anonymousreply 6106/15/2012

Robin Christopher as Skye on All My Children:

by Anonymousreply 6206/15/2012

Carrie Genzel as Skye on All My Children

by Anonymousreply 6306/15/2012

Robin Christopher as Skye on General Hospital:

by Anonymousreply 6406/15/2012

Robin Mattson as Janet on All My Children:

by Anonymousreply 6506/15/2012

I am so effing confused!!!

by Anonymousreply 6606/15/2012

Yes R59 Cher's sister was the first Heather. Mary was replaced because Gloria didn't think she could take Heather in the direction they wanted. Robin as Heather was supposed to be a short lived stay. Mostly just to wrap up the story. They weren't prepared for how wildly popular Robin/Heather became.

So she turned out not to be the killer of Diana so they could keep her out of jail and a front burner character.

They thought they were writing Heather as a creep and she would be universally loathed. Alas she became one of the most popular characters in all of soapdom.

by Anonymousreply 6706/15/2012

Don't forget about me, twats. I was the first, and I am actually Robin Christopher's cousin.

by Anonymousreply 6806/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 6906/15/2012

Thanks R65 Robin as Janet has a lot of spunk.

by Anonymousreply 7006/15/2012

What, couldn't they get Elaine Princi?

by Anonymousreply 7106/15/2012

Fantastic interview with Kate Collins discussing Janet/Natalie:

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2012

Kate Collins was SO good.

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2012

Loved Heather the first time around. Now i only watch her scenes. The rest is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2012

I lurves me some Heather Webber.

by Anonymousreply 7506/30/2012

I've seen her as Heather too much. I'd be too scared to eat anything she cooked me.

by Anonymousreply 7606/30/2012

R76 you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 7706/30/2012

Best thing that has happened to GH in decades.

by Anonymousreply 7807/14/2012

She's one of the few reasons to watch GH right now. I also enjoyed her 2004 stint even though they rewrote some history.

by Anonymousreply 7907/15/2012

R79, saying they rewrote her history is putting it mildly.

A fascination with Luke? Where did THAT come from?

The current regime has no problem doing a little research. I thought Heather recounting the LSD iced tea incident with Diana was pretty darn good.

If GH were really smart they'd look up Susan Pratt and bring her back as Heather's rival Annie Logan.

"So...Ann... did you ever lose your virginity?"

by Anonymousreply 8007/15/2012

Why was Heather so fascinated with Diana?

by Anonymousreply 8107/15/2012

Heather sold her baby on the black market when she was near the height of her crazy. She told everyone she had a miscarriage. Jeff Webber was the father. She started seriously dating Jeff and they had planned on a marriage. So guess who ended up adopting Heather's baby? Diana Taylor. Heather wanted her baby back.

Meanwhile, while in the nut house, Diana and Jeff started getting close. So close that Diana made out a new will and left Jeff as the guardian of of her son(he had no idea he was the father. So Heather can kill to birds with one stone. Get her baby and Jeff.

That's really wrapping it up in a tiny nut shell. It was one of the longest story arcs ever and involved a lot more people. It really was soap writing and acting at its best

I remember at the time that Alice(Heather's mom) turning out to be Diana's killer was one of those Sixth Sense moments. Nobody could believe how clever the writers got. When that was revealed(in the above clip) your jaw just dropped.

by Anonymousreply 8207/15/2012

Thanks R82 - I remembered some of the story, but not all.. I was young at the time and would watch GH after school.

by Anonymousreply 8307/15/2012

r82 Ahh, yes. Great storyline. I'm sighing just remembering how intricate and involving it was.

And yes, in those days, storylines took their time. None of this rush to a climax in 12 weeks.

I remember it was over two years between the time Marco and Karen switched the babies and Jenny finally learning the truth on OLTL.

And Heather's adventures in the nuthouse were fun and long lasting -- traipsing in out out of Shadybrook most nights, worrying about Steven Lars, hoping to get Jeff.

Just part of the many things that made soap so compelling. In those days, you tuned in tomorrow because that was the only way to find out what happened.

by Anonymousreply 8407/15/2012

And one of the things that made Heather so great, then and now, is the writers never attempted to humanize her or redeem her. I'm surprised it never happened. A lot of times when a villain gets as popular as Robin did back in the day they would slowly rehabilitate them.

Fortunately no one ever did this to Heather. There isn't one likeable, decent, loving thing about her. Not one. That's why you love her. I'm really surprised the character of Heather escaped one of those redefining of a character stories.

by Anonymousreply 8507/15/2012

Lets celebrate Edward's impending demise with a another Heather/Sarah clip

by Anonymousreply 8609/12/2012

Robin has been cooking since the early GH days. She even had a column in Soap Opera Digest called Soap Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 8709/12/2012

I met Robin once, when she was on AMC. Very sweet.

I liked her as Janet, but Kate Collins is my favorite soap actress ever. Her Janet was so original. Hard to believe she was never even nominated for an Emmy. She was basically AMC's #1 leading lady while she was on, and her storylines were among the most memorable.

by Anonymousreply 8809/12/2012

heather webber rules.

by Anonymousreply 8910/13/2012

Not only did Heather have a cooking show, she speaks fluent German.

by Anonymousreply 9010/13/2012

by Anonymousreply 9111/26/2012

Her character Heather took LSD WHILE pregnant with Steven Lars!

by Anonymousreply 9211/26/2012

Another great Heather moment. Had every jumping up and laughing and applauding. Even though we weren't supposed. Was when Heather slapped Jeremy right in the kisser. I hated that kid.

by Anonymousreply 9311/26/2012

Thanks R91

by Anonymousreply 9411/26/2012

When was that R93? If they showed that scene today, I'd want a .gif.

by Anonymousreply 9511/27/2012

Hey Emily. It was during the Lassa Fever story. He was getting all panicky and wanting to go to Anne Logan. She wanted to appear all motherly to Jeremy because Jeff was his guardian. Finally, in true Heather fashion, she couldn't takes it no more and gave him a smack right in the kisser. Told him to shut up and he was getting on her nerves. He started to cry and she said he'd stop the noise if he knew what was good for him.

As everyone hated that kid people loved it. I'm sure that's not what the writers were hoping for but that's was the reaction from the audience. The writers didn't seem to realize that everyone hated that little four eyed fucker.

Ah those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 9611/27/2012

By the way, it was 30 years ago today that Susan Moore bought the farm. (Or so says a person commenting on the YT video.)

by Anonymousreply 9702/11/2013

Will somebody start a thread for Kate Collins?

by Anonymousreply 9802/19/2013

Only Kate Collins would do that. I'd like to buy Kate for what she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth.

by Anonymousreply 9902/19/2013

r99 - is that you Robin?

by Anonymousreply 10002/19/2013

This is what that four eyed fuck Jeremy grew up to look like.

by Anonymousreply 10102/19/2013

I love Robin, despite the one-dimensional way her character is being written. I don't suppose Heather will be dead for very long.

by Anonymousreply 10202/19/2013

GH is unwatchable now and yet it has the most wonderfully dynamic cast. I can't watch them play this garbage though. RC is not a gifted writer.

by Anonymousreply 10302/19/2013

Robin Mattson would have been able to create a hell of a piccalilli, I'll bet. I seem to have lost my thread, can this be the replacement?

by Anonymousreply 10403/27/2013

Shall we use this for our Va-Va-Va-Voom, part 2?

by Anonymousreply 10510/17/2013

I was hoping for a thread title referring to staying pure until marriage. Or death. Whichever (you should pardon the expression) comes first.

by Anonymousreply 10610/17/2013

Is there a new thread yet?

by Anonymousreply 10710/18/2013

Let just use this one.

by Anonymousreply 10810/18/2013

There is the fierce Felix thread.

by Anonymousreply 10910/18/2013

Is there a new GH thread?

by Anonymousreply 11012/16/2013

I second R110'a question. Please, does anyone know of one?

by Anonymousreply 11112/16/2013

Im all for using this one. Havent watched recently ...just saw this. Lucas Jones is back in 2014

by Anonymousreply 11212/16/2013

Works for me R12. Oh and thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 11312/16/2013

Robin Mattson looked like Madonna, before Madonna decided to become anorexic. Really, I remember seeing Madonna for the first time on American Bandstand in late '83, and I thought ... Wow! She looks like Heather Webber!

by Anonymousreply 11412/16/2013

Very few people know about this classic moment in soaps:

by Anonymousreply 11512/16/2013

I wish they would have shown us Lesley and Monica having breakfast together instead of telling us they were doing it offscreen.

Apparently, Lesley's got some stuff coming up in which she starts receiving mysterious gifts.

by Anonymousreply 11612/17/2013

Whats the word on Stefan coming back? Is that still happening? Laura?

by Anonymousreply 11712/17/2013

Haven't heard anything re: Laura. Stefan's return has been pushed back until the contract stuff is worked out with Tony (Stefan was apparently supposed to be unveiled during the Faison-Obrecht capture).

Rumour has it that people are going to soon realize that no one has heard anything from Laura or Lucky in some time, and a new story starts, but no word on when this all happens.

by Anonymousreply 11812/17/2013

Rumours: Heather's painting sent to P.K. Sinclair (aka Faison) at Wyndemere will open up a new story. Apparently, Victor Cassadine's secret alliance with Fiason will be revealed when it is disclosed that it was Victor who sent the painting. There is something in the painting that is valuable. Nikolas jokingly gave it to his grandmother Lesley, inadvertently putting her life in danger. A secret admirer starts sending Lesley gifts, trapping her in a dangerous situation.

by Anonymousreply 11912/17/2013

I like that Lesley might have a real story.

by Anonymousreply 12012/17/2013

It seems forever ago (and it was - lol!) that Lesley drove story. It'd be good to see her work regularly. Getting more inter-generational storylines and referencing the drama some of the younger cast make, it'd be fun to have someone say " these are the sames mistakes that Scotty made - youre going to turn out like him" or something similar to a younger cast member ...

by Anonymousreply 12112/17/2013

I love that Lesley is back on but let's face it, she doesn't have the energy she once had and her wig is terrible. That said, I would live to see more Lesley and Monica scenes.

by Anonymousreply 12212/17/2013

Bye-bye TJ. Can you take Rafe to that warehouse with you too when it blows up or stray bullets fly from Scummy's gun?

by Anonymousreply 12312/18/2013

Is T.J. On his way out too? The scenes with Sonny and Sean are so bad they are funny. I don't think the actor playing Sean has had any acting lessons. The two of them in a scene together is 'Amateur Hour."

by Anonymousreply 12512/18/2013

And MB is so fucking funny when he tries bad hood. I really don't get anyone considering anything he does as acting. He should have a laugh track to his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 12612/18/2013

A shootout or something will happen at the warehouse and leave us with a holiday cliffhanger. Frank Valentini is also making a cameo in these scenes.

by Anonymousreply 12712/18/2013

Btw, when IB and MB are in a scene together, it is just awful. When given the opportunity, IB can act. No one has ever been able to rein in coastin' Bernard.

by Anonymousreply 12812/18/2013

Could they have hit it over our heads harder that Britt's kid is Dante and Lulu's? We got it - we figured it out months and months ago. Enough with the endless expositions. My head actually hurts how much they pounded it over me.

by Anonymousreply 12912/18/2013

Dear ABC,

Thank you for such a wonderful charming character in Sonny Corinthos. I love how he struts around planning to kill people. It provides endless hours of entertainment seeing how career criminals behave. It makes me forget all about the school shootings, wars, rapes and senseless random deaths that occur on a daily basis and is sensationalized in the media.

You're a real class act, ABC. Keep up the good work.

A stupid viewer who should know better

by Anonymousreply 13012/18/2013

I hate this return to the mob. And watching that preview it looks like FV thinks he's doing The Soprano's. He caught the mob bug just like Guza now.

Also noticed there's been little to see of Robert Scorpio. I get why he left now. FV seems resentful of real talent.

by Anonymousreply 13112/18/2013

If what you say about GF is true, R124, that and the (re)reign of that mumbling mafioso midget is the last fucking straw for me. I was never a big TR fan, but he really brought some spark this time. GF can deliver, too if given the chance. But tiic can't have that, now can they? So we're treated to self-indulgent hams like MB and TG. I'm surprised they allow Finola to stick around.

by Anonymousreply 13212/18/2013

Gray's Anatomy star to guest star on General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 13312/18/2013

Will there be new episodes of GH on Christmas and NY Day?

by Anonymousreply 13412/20/2013

Football Christmas Day R134. New Year's Day too.

by Anonymousreply 13512/20/2013

If anyone wants to see a clip of the "reunion" that should have aired today - here it is.

by Anonymousreply 13612/20/2013

Now Sabrina will turn all bad ass and try to break them apart.

by Anonymousreply 13712/20/2013

Thanks R135. I was afraid of that.

by Anonymousreply 13812/20/2013

Where is the anti-Thaao Penghlis/Victor Cassadine troll now? He's definitely eating crow in mom's basement right now! I can't wait to see Thaao face off with Scorpio even though Tristan is leaving for the CBS/Sony snoozefest a little bit after Thaao comes back.It would be fun to see Victor interact with Luke and Laura .Luke the rapist will be smug and arrogant about how horrible Victor is blah,blah,blah meanwhile Luke is no angel himself. I wonder who Victor gets involved with it Tracy Q? If only to mess with Luke.It would be interesting to see Heather have scenes with Victor.

Having all these villains tied in like a Legion Of Doom is a bit much. I'm more interested on how Prince Nik becomes one of many and how he reacts to Victor and Stefan's return. Not to mention meeting the Cassadine cousins he hasn't met(or even known about) as of yet.

Oh and Grant Putnam is coming back as well.Don't tell me he's the true mastermind behind this all! Oh and he will probably team up with Sabrina and kidnap Emma.

by Anonymousreply 13912/21/2013

What about my Celia? And has Jimmy Lee held up after all these years? When is Heather gonna dig out? spring?

by Anonymousreply 14012/21/2013

R124, the actors playing Spin and Ellie quit the show. I do not think GF is fired. I heard that FV was told not use GF unless he actually had a story because she cost too much to act as a support.

by Anonymousreply 14112/21/2013

R131 and R132 Both Frank and Ron misplayed their hand with Tristan.There had been rumors from last year that Thaao was coming back for a big storyline in 2014 not to mention Stephen Nichols coming back as Stefan. There was going to be another big Cassadine arc and with victor coming back naturally there would be a case of revenge for Victor against Scorpio,Luke and Laura.Frank probably thought that Tristan wasn't going anywhere. He thought wrong!;) Jill THE Showkiller wanted TR and she got her man. Now Penghlis and Rogers will have a few words at most and that's that. Badly played by both Ron and Frank.Tristan did a great job this go around. As old as he is TR gave a shit about doing a good job.I can't say the same for others though.

As for the mob storyline it gets even worse. Lily gets involved not to mention Sabrina. So in real terms this mob storyline is arguably more intensive than anything Guza and Jill ever did.From what I've heard, Victor and Stefan have a Bondian storyline separate from the Mob Saga. That is the good news, the bad news is that almost everyone else has a tie to the mob storyline in some way!

by Anonymousreply 14212/21/2013

Too bad about Ellie. I liked her. Sad she never turned out yo be the "lost Quartermaine." She wouldve fit the niche Emily had of the sweet Outsider. I do love that her name will be Ellie Spinelli tho'. lol

by Anonymousreply 14312/21/2013

While I was never a fan of the mobster centric GH under Guza's reign, I don't mind the resurgence of the mob *too much* this time.

First off, it's not consuming 80 percent of the airtime like Guza's mob did.

And more importantly, it's mining the show's history by involving Duke and the Jermones rather than ignoring the show's history like Guza did.

Also William DeVry is a much, much better actor than Mumbles Bernard. So, it's easy to root for the Jeromes to take out Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 14512/21/2013

R140 Celia was cute wasn't she? Pretty hot I thought. So was Jimmy Lee" Paul Newman" Holt.They should at least make a cameo.

As for the Mob storyline, I still think this is too much. I liked the supporting role that Sonny had taken. It kept him in the background and that was good enough for me. However involving multiple families I don't care how much history the show is paying homage to! Tonya Walker is not around and neither is the original actor who played Julian! Fine the real Duke came back but he seems to be a side dish here rather than the main course.The all out mob war was done before and it bored me to tears then and it bores me to tears now.So it seems that GH will be alternating between Bondian adventure and the Sopranos for the foreseeable future....does that mean that Mr Big and Frank Smith are coming back as well?!;)

by Anonymousreply 14612/21/2013

William DeVry was excellent in this scene where his character came to rape Erica Kane. He frightened me. I've known men like the characters he plays.

by Anonymousreply 14712/21/2013

I can handle the mob story as long as Sonny is only a part of it and Jason is gone. I enjoy Duke, Ava and Derek. I wouldn't mind seeing them blow Sonny up.

Also, I have to believe that once he is done with his Y&R stint that TR will be back.

by Anonymousreply 14812/21/2013

Tristan signed for a year with the CBS/Sony snoozefest? What a missed opportunity with Thaao coming back. It's Frank's fault for not signing him to a contract and Ron's for boxing him in that comatose state to be hush-hush about Robin being alive.

by Anonymousreply 14912/21/2013

Twitter users want Trevor St John as Adam Newman.

by Anonymousreply 15012/21/2013

I don't think the Genie taking care of sick relative story is true.

The explanation not to use Genie unless it's major story sounds about right.

And has TG signed a new contract? That scene with Luke and Bobbie seemed pretty sentimental to me.

by Anonymousreply 15112/21/2013

Cartini totally fucked up their relationship with Tristan Rogers. They totally took him for granted. The ratings for the days he was on were some of the highest in 6 years. Frank refuses to acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 15212/21/2013

TG's contract negotiation must be taking a very long time. Luke has been doing sentimental goodbye scenes for over six months now.

by Anonymousreply 15312/21/2013

Has Tristan signed a contract with Y&R? I was under the impression it was only a limited return.

by Anonymousreply 15412/21/2013

TR signed for a year. Whether he makes it through a whole year with JFP will be interesting to see.

by Anonymousreply 15512/21/2013

Now that GH is number one in the prime demo, Jill The Showkiller has every reason to keep Tristan from being on GH. To be honest Scorpio was wasted on GH. as much as I love him, he wasn't the show as good as he was. Ratings went up because of Kim McC coming back not so much because of Scorpio.Though everybody involved did a great job especially TR.It would have been great seeing Scorpio,Luke and Laura go up against Victor Cassadine but the story will be different now. Hopefully with Victor,Stefan and Grant Putnam returning there will be additional juice for the show.

by Anonymousreply 15612/21/2013

I thought Celia looked like a pig. They gave her this big buildup and I was expecting someone drop dead gorgeous like Alexandria, but down the stairs at the Q mansion sweeps pig face. BIG disappointment. They need to unfreeze Alexandria--not get Miss Piggy back. I'm not excited about Patch Cassadine either. Next to the hotness that is RKK he just doesn't cut it. But if they would obliterate Stumpy in some way I could forgive them almost anything. They've got a pretty hot bad guy in Julian, so it's time to end the Stumpy Horror Picture Show.

by Anonymousreply 15712/22/2013

Goodbye Spinelli (don't let the door hit you on the way out).

Hello Det. Nathan West, a new face (and body) in town who will reportedly come between Dante and Lulu. He will be played by porny Ryan Paevey.

by Anonymousreply 15812/22/2013

Totally disagree with r157. Renee Anderson was fitting for the role of Alexandria, but she was hardly a bombshell. Wolter was sexy in a Belinda Carlisle way. She was perfect as the spoiled witchy princess who was craving her own identity/independence. Wolter was spellbinding as the psychotic Elena Nikolas on SB and briefly as the psychotic George on GL.

by Anonymousreply 15912/22/2013

Disagree, R159. From the moment she swept out on to the dance floor at the Campus Disco, pushing the other women out of her way to get to Luke(?!?) she WAS a bombshell. Wolter's acting was better, but she just didn't have the looks. Anyway, I won't argue with you too vociferously lest some turd in the punchbowl complain and get this thread shut down like all our other GH centric threads. Can we at least agree that Stumpy must die? If not---A POX ON YOU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16012/22/2013

Jane Elliot on her audition for Tracy.

[quote]They were expecting Susan Lucci and then I walked through the door.

by Anonymousreply 16112/22/2013

Alex Quartermaine? Celia Quartermaine? Christ, you losers have forgotten about the real beauty of Port Charles!

by Anonymousreply 16212/22/2013

Well Cartooni and Valenti have a year to work out getting Rogers back. Him and Anna should be the anchors on the show. The ratings back that up.

by Anonymousreply 16312/22/2013

No reason to pox me, r160 - I agree that Stumpy must go.

by Anonymousreply 16412/22/2013

I think I can make room in my very crowded cinematic schedule for a reappearance. Just to help the show out.

by Anonymousreply 16512/22/2013

Sunday morning bump.

by Anonymousreply 16612/22/2013

Finola Hughes is the best actress this show has ever had and inarguably its lead, its heart and center. In short, she's one of daytime's queens.

by Anonymousreply 16712/22/2013

Totally agree R167

by Anonymousreply 16812/22/2013

R163 As much as I love TR's work(and Finola's work for that matter as well) it was Robin returning that was the bigger story than anything else. To be honest JT amd Kim seem to have very little chemistry together yet the hausfaus eat them up together.

Alex Q was hot people. She was not a great actress but was good looking. She was the right woman for that role to be honest. Arguably she was the blackest sheep in the Quartermaine clan up until that time and did a decent job. Celia was pretty as well and had great chemistry with Jimmie Lee Holt.

Now that Penghlis, Nichols, Francis and Clarke are coming back who is next? A cameo from Joe and Rose might be nice. Even from Annie Logan and/or Jeff Webber might be nice. It was inevitable that Victor and Stefan would return because Penghlis and Nichols weren't doing another soap. Days stupidly didn't want either one back and Nichols was fired from the Sony/CBS snoozefest.

I don't like MB or Sonny but the rest of these shitheads around him are worse than he is(in terms of how evil they are)!Frank and Ron are setting this up to make Sonny look better not worse. The whole mob thing is so tired, it was nice to see MB in a relatively Susan Rogers-like role being involved in things BUT in the background. Now this mob shit will be taking up half the time with the Victor Cassadine return storyline taking up the other half.According to the rumors there is a character that ties those two story lines together. I hope that rumor is not true!

by Anonymousreply 16912/22/2013

Who said that Penghlis will be dominating anything indefinitely? No one has said anything like that in the spoilers I've read. Come January it will be the Lily-Sonny-Jerome-Duke mobfest and the return of the Cassadines(first Victor then Stefan).Ron was not happy that TR left because of the big storyline coming up(Victor's return). Stefan was pushed back because of the other story lines but he's supposed to come back in February.As for Putnam he's supposed to come on after the Cassadines are established again, especially the young ones. So Prince Nick will not be the only Cassadine left young or old.The thing about bringing Victor and Stefan back is for the longtime fans/the 50th anniversary but more importantly to bring on a younger generation of Cassadines as well.

by Anonymousreply 17112/22/2013

I have heard nothing about Putnam since Robin was first seen held captive in the spring of 2012. The man behind that was revealed to be Faison, not Grant Putnam.

by Anonymousreply 17212/22/2013

2012 was last year. Victor ,Stefan,Lily and Grant were "rumored" to come back this year(2013) or next(2014) in 2013.Unfortunately no Annie Logan or Rose Kelly or Tia C either. Where is the outrage?!;)

by Anonymousreply 17312/22/2013

Grant was never rumored to come back next year. Only last year.

by Anonymousreply 17412/22/2013

r169, I don't think you get the term "black sheep". Tracy has always been and always will be the blackest sheep of them all - allowing her father to "die" under her watch a'la Little Foxes cemented that privilege forever. After Tracy was disinherited and exiled by her embittered father, Alexandria swooped into town to taker her cousin's place and was adored by Edward. They were co-conspirators in business ventures and art intrigue - she never fell out of favor with Edward.

After her death, Celia arrived to fill the female Q gap. She never truly fell out of favor with her family despite her sexual rebellions and romantic intrigues.

After Celia left town, Tracy returned to fight for her place in the family, causing endless trouble and disappointments, and never able to shake the black sheep label she was destined to fulfill.

In between Tracy's comings and goings through the years, Skye was the next femme fatale to turn the Q household on its ear. But even when it was revealed she wasn't a Q after all, Edward and Alan adored her and kept her on family.

Out of all the rogues gallery of Q "daughters", Tracy is the only black sheep. Alexandria was the darkest, considering her cutthroat politics and association with extremely dangerous types.

by Anonymousreply 17512/22/2013

TR and FH were supporting characters in the Robin returns story, but undoubtedly they were the most interesting elements of such a tired-cliched plot. Viewers responded more to Anna and Robert's involvement. And I totally agree - I never got any chemistry between KM and JT.

by Anonymousreply 17612/22/2013

I agree. Robin May have been the so-called story but it was Robert and Anna that gave that story some meat. They can be funny or dramatic but FH ans TR are the best thing to happen to GH.

by Anonymousreply 17712/22/2013

R175 Alex Q was on the Cassadine's side willing to freeze Port Charles how more evil can that get? I also used UP UNTIL THAT time BTW. Tracy was a bitch BUT she didn't get involved with a conspiracy to take over the world AND freeze Port Charles. Luke The Rapist, Scorpio the spy and Laura saved the day on that front God bless 'em!

At the end of the day Tracy and Edward were quite tight when he died.Alex died because of her association with the evil Cassadines.She didn't have the benefit of a head writer like RC that would bring her back alive...until now.

Rogue's Gallery? The last time I checked Batman and /or The Flash are not on GH! Though the most "soap operaish" comic book was X-Men and that is no compliment at all!;)

I love what TR and FH brought to the table during this storyline. They did a great job. Along with Dr O and Faison in that storyline they were the only ones that gave a shit!I like Kim M but she is so boring with Patrick. There's no there there.

R174 Incorrect. The same source that said that Thaao was coming back also has talked about Ron and Frank bringing Putnam back next year(2014).

by Anonymousreply 17812/22/2013

r178, we are actually in agreement with one another. I just meant that Alex is not the black sheep of the Q family because of her close relationship with Edward, who relied on her wits and allowed her to lead him into a most dangerous situation with the carrot of a big buck to entice him. She is the darkest of the rogue's gallery of Q "daughters", but she isn't the black sheep. That title belongs to Tracy, who is far from dark. She's moody and mercurial, but she isn't dark even though writers back in the 90s thought it would be amusing to have her play mob boss for a spell).

by Anonymousreply 17912/22/2013

Sorry, that's me above ...

by Anonymousreply 18012/22/2013

I thought I was the black sheep of the Quartermaine family?

by Anonymousreply 18212/22/2013

R181 Wrong. Where are you getting this from? Ron and Frank wanted to bring back Victor no matter what. They wanted to bring Thaao back in early 2014. And it is happening. The big Stefan and daughter reveal was moved back due to the problems with Genie Francis leaving. The Stephen Nichols contract wasn't the main stumbling block.It's not like Corday at the Sony/NBC snoozefest was fighting to bring him back!

Is this the anti-Thaao troll? If it is, it seems that your predictions were wrong. You don't deserve a link,honey! To be fair though I will tell you that someone who posts here definitely knows who the source/mole is.I'll let them tell you who it is!

R182 I think JLH was the Big Wang of the family.There will never be a kissing cousin storyline again in soaps like Celia and JLH!

by Anonymousreply 18312/22/2013

Ron and Frank discussed recasting the Scorpio role with Wayne Northrop, but Wayne wasn't available to do it anyway, so it was all a moot point. There is no way Genie is returning any time soon. According to multiple sources, she left pissed.

by Anonymousreply 18412/23/2013

Such a shame that Genie's big return was the biggest dud of the "new" General Hospital. Really rather shocking how bad it was all done.

Wayne Northrop as Robert Scorpio? Oh. My. God. A good thing we were spared that.

by Anonymousreply 18512/23/2013

Genie's didn't leave 'pissed'.

Her mother is dying and Genie has put everything on hold business-wise to be with and help her mother.

by Anonymousreply 18712/23/2013

Skye was a great replacement for Alexandria.

by Anonymousreply 18812/23/2013

[quote]Ron and Frank discussed recasting the Scorpio role with Wayne Northrop, but Wayne wasn't available to do it anyway

What the hell does Wayne Northrop have going on?

by Anonymousreply 18912/23/2013

I bet he's too busy to work on a soap!

by Anonymousreply 19012/23/2013

I love how Ron's little minions always come on to these threads yelling total fictions and Genie's mother is dying. Hey mother may be dying, but that isn't why she left. They even said that Genie had other projects she was committed to in interviews. Hey Ron's minion does he realize how badly he fucked up by not signing Tristan to a contract. Dumb dumbs.

by Anonymousreply 19112/23/2013

R186 Ron and Frank wanted to bring back Victor in 2014 no matter what the situation was with Stefan. You are projecting because you were so wrong about the Cassadines coming back.

R189 He's married to Lynn Herring and he operates a farm on his property!I haven't heard any rumors about Wayne coming to GH.Wayne could play another WSB/Roman Brady type why piss on the Scorpio character, Tristan is the only one who can play him. I'm surprised that Ron and Frank didn't ask the ersatz English Scorpio from Days to come on board. Yeah I know he came back to Days but is he on contract? Ron and Frank would pull a Wally Kurth if they could.Can you imagine "Shane" doing an Aussie accent?!;) Comical to say the least.

Ron and Frank's big mistake was not signing TR to a contract. Ron admitted it that they haven't signed people so that can bring them in when they need them. It gives them a certain amount of plot fluidity. Or in other words, when Ron's scatterbrained mind bring them back in the plot!

Skye and Alex? I liked the original Aussie Skye better than the replacement but she was good.Alex supposedly became a secretary at one point(years after GH) in real life. What a waste.I wonder what she looks like now........

by Anonymousreply 19212/23/2013

Interesting that Luke has always been in some way involved with the Q women: Alex, Skye and now Tracy. If Celia came back to town, would that mean she'd have to suck his shriveled ol' sausage?

by Anonymousreply 19312/23/2013

Can't find a recent pic of Renee Anderson, but I did find one of Andre Landzaat, who played her lover Tony Cassadine:

by Anonymousreply 19412/23/2013

Here's Renee Anderson being wined and dined by Dean Martin:

by Anonymousreply 19512/23/2013

Genie is still gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 19612/23/2013

Missed GH today ....who reads the Christmas Story at GH these days since Steve and Alan are both gone?

A bit OT ....i used to love how All My Children used to do their Christmas Eve episodes ....usually heart warming ....

by Anonymousreply 19712/24/2013

Myrtle comes to PV for Xmas ...and Biana shares some nexpected news ...

by Anonymousreply 19812/24/2013

An 80s Christmas in Port Charles! The Quartermaines and Stella! The Laverys! Robin! Robert! Steve Hardy! And ....a Wallaby!!??!!!

by Anonymousreply 19912/24/2013

Another 80's Christmas in PC ...Tiffany! Holly! Jackie Temp,eton! Blackie!

WHET Mike Webber?

by Anonymousreply 20012/24/2013

r197, I am surprised they never had Sonny do the Christmas reading at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 20112/24/2013

Way back in the early 2000s when Rick Webber was brought back in the story, there were rumours flying about that the character of Zander was supposed to turn out to be either Mike Webber or the born-off-screen Rick Webber Jr (to Rick and Ginny), but the idea was dropped.

by Anonymousreply 20212/24/2013

So who if anyone did the Christmas reading?

by Anonymousreply 20312/24/2013

I don't think anyone has since Wendy Riche's days.

by Anonymousreply 20412/25/2013

That's disappointing to hear. I think those sorts of traditions are nice touchstones.

An observation: What's interesting about those old episodes I posted is how diverse age-wise the cast appeared ....with Ruby and Dan even having a little romantic tete a tete.

But, I suppose that Leslie, Monica, Bobbie et al are probably as old now as Jessie and Audrey were back then, but theyve been nipped/tucked so much they don't look like what those elder folks looked like as they aged, but rather odd caricatures with taut skin and puffy lips.

by Anonymousreply 20512/25/2013

GH's ratings are going down again - since the week of Robin's return. They have written the aftermath horribly. And not SparklePony will be pregnant as the actress is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 20612/25/2013

R204, I think Alan did the reading for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 20712/25/2013

R206 Shades of the Britta/Patrick/Sabrina triangle only now it's Robin in place of Britt? Little Emma likes Sabrina so she'll accept her little brother or sister!;)

by Anonymousreply 20812/26/2013

r205, all soaps were like that back in the 80s and early-to-mid 90s. Then the industry fell in the hands of new executives who had absolutely no clue about what a soap opera was, except what they thought they knew about them and their ignorance helped to turn them into the parodies they have become. There was tortured rerendering of the genre to fit into the brand new idea of a holy demographic that consisted of under 30s and the genre was never the same again.

by Anonymousreply 20912/26/2013

Where is Laura supposed to be? I was disappointed she didn't show up for one day of Lulu's custody hearing, Luke and Nicholas didn't either. I hate it when soaps save money by cutting things like that. Why wasn't Monica present when A.J.'s verdict was announced? That was another glaring absence. But, mostly I wonder where Laura is.

by Anonymousreply 21012/26/2013

Nah, I think she'll just hook up with Carrrrlos and pass the baby off as his.

That is, up until such time that there is a critical medical issue which requires a very rare blood or tissue type and a donor is required...

by Anonymousreply 21112/26/2013

Obrecht's Tannenbaum was surprisingly effective.

Olivia needs a f'in lobotomy. Can't stand how blindly devoted and stupid she is. The idea that Sonny could never have shot someone because he is so "careful" with his firearms is a joke: all of his children have almost died because of his incompetence. Not to mention that her own son with Sonny was shot point-blank in the heart by his father.

And what a shock to hear it stated that Sonny has been on top of Port Charles for the last 20 years. My God, has it really been that long? How have we endured such a travesty?

by Anonymousreply 21212/26/2013

R210 GH is becoming more like Days in terms of cutting corners, so not seeing everyone at an event will be quite a normal thing. Genie is supposed to come back soon and will be filming scenes with Stefan after the last "dark period."

Laura went off to Paris again. I guess that is the go to reason/excuse when it comes to Laura leaving.

by Anonymousreply 21312/26/2013

I don ' t understand why two grown women would fight over a man who looks like an eight year old boy and has, not only a tat of a flying goose (or bird ) and anchor on his forearm.

by Anonymousreply 21412/26/2013

I always figured the Canadian Goose tattoo is supposed to be a tribute to JT's Canadian heritage. It is pretty ridiculous looking, though. Maybe if it was just 3 inches or so and located on his bicep it wouldn't be quite as clunky and overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 21512/26/2013

I am so confused - reports say that Francis is gone for good, other reports she is back soon. Which is the truth - and can you back it up with a link?

by Anonymousreply 21612/26/2013

"Sparkle Pony"

WTF? Go back to your frau forums. You have been asked nicely.

by Anonymousreply 21712/26/2013

I'm assuming SparklePony is Sabrrrrina?

by Anonymousreply 21812/26/2013

Over Stumpy, and over the Lady Geary propping. La Geary may still have value for the show, but why does Genie need to get the shaft every time?

A serial killer needs to hit PC and take out Olivia, Sabrina and Kiki. For starters.

by Anonymousreply 21912/26/2013

Lord Geary AKA Il Geary finally has a reason for staying on the show, Lord Penghlis and Lord Nichols are both coming back. Insiders are calling the Cassadine vs Spencer War, The War Of The Queens!;)

Someone wants Sabrina dead? I actually want Robin offed...what a bore. Robin and Kiki are cast from the same slightly chubby blah girl from central casting! Kim MC is cute at the most but she has zero chemistry with Patrick. Maybe Robin likes guys with a lame/corny goose tattoo on their arm!Olivia is annoying but they need Sonny to fuck someone. She's the only girl in town who would.

The fraus are calling Sabrina, Sparkle Pony. How cute.....not. I'd rather go for a roll in the hay with Sabrina rather than the frumpy Robin.Robin's fashion sense is starting to make Kiki look fashionable in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 22012/26/2013

So is Francis back or not?

by Anonymousreply 22112/27/2013

Laura should be mixed in with the cassadines. She gave birth to one. She could be the new helena or something. And please get my heather out of the ground already.

by Anonymousreply 22212/27/2013

We did see her hands pop up out of the ground at least. Then the story was back burnered. I just can't get used to this method of storytelling/writing. Just when there is momentum building they switch to another plot. Is Kanan sticking around for a while? I think it's time Mikey had only one dad, and guess which one I want gone in the bloodiest, most painful and horrific way possible? Max should die, Stumpy get the chair, but there be a malfunction and we see him fry slowly before exploding a la SCANNERS. What a happy 2014 that would be!

by Anonymousreply 22312/27/2013

If you're insinuating Nichols is gay you are wrong. Thao ? Definitely.

I agree about KMc looking bad. She's down right fat. Her ass and thighs are as wide as a barn. Her chubby arms were bigger than Patrick's in that bed scene. Not to mention the straggly hair and horrid complextion. What did the bitch do in her time off from GH? She looks horrible. No straight man would pick her over Sabrina in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 22412/27/2013

A new interview with Frankie V and Ron C makes it seem like there are currently no plans to use Francis:

Frank, people are always asking me about the status with the show of Genie Francis (Laura). There are fans out there who believe that you don’t want her on GH. Would you ever bring Genie back?

Absolutely, we love Genie. That is not true that we don’t want her. We would never have brought her back in the first place, if we didn’t love her. There is always a possibility for her to return. We have a very large show with a very large canvas. It always gets really tough when we have a lot of actors on the show who are not on contract. To work with all of their schedules is a giant jigsaw puzzle. We try to do the best we can with what we are given in terms of budget and flexibility in terms of scheduling. It is certainly not easy.

by Anonymousreply 22512/27/2013

Sonny's not going anywhere.Now that the Cassadines are back and the Jeromes are fucking with Cassadine family members , the Cassadines with probably get involved with Sonny!

R224 It was a goof on the poster who always makes Tony into an Empress.I called Geary, IL Geary just to goof on his feminization by that poster.I don't sleep under Thaao or Stephen's bed so I don't know which sex they like but I do like them as actors.Though I've had my suspicions about Thaao for years.......

I have affairs with women once and awhile and Sabrina is much better looking. Robin is not bad looking but she looks more like a hausfrau that watches GH rather than someone who is on GH!

R225 I saw the same interview, there is nothing there either way. The latest rumors claim that Nichols and Francis will begin filming their scenes after the most recent blackout.I don't know if Stefan meets her in Paris or whatever the story is yet.Stefan is supposed to have a daughter as well.Stefan is supposed to have had a daughter with Catherine. I guess Kayla and Patch were busy doing Days when this all happened.....

by Anonymousreply 22612/27/2013

I'm worried that they are taking AJ off the canvas now that he took a drink. I hope I'm wrong. I want Ava to pay for setting him up.

by Anonymousreply 22712/27/2013

Thaao did date a woman called Marcia Gay!If you were going to beard why pick a woman with that name?;) Was this was when he wasn't "dating" former Days co-star Leann Hunley?He even had a picture of himself "kinda sorting smooching" Leann for the 2013 holidays.The beardiest picture was when Thaao was seen kissing Hunley stage kiss style somewhere!

AJ has been quite good this time around. I hope Ron and Frank don't fuck things up with AJ. As much as I love Maura West,Ava deserves her comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 22812/27/2013

Kanan is better when he holds back - when he gets all extroverted and sappy, he doesn't ring true.

They've written Ava into a corner with this Connie mess. How many citizens can we have walking around who are killers? I wish they had a stunning twist to the stupid Connie mess that we never saw coming, but none of this has been planned well.

I'm wondering if FV is back playing his hide-and-seek games on the subject of Francis, keeping viewers on their toes. One day we'll get a sudden comfirmation Laura is back.

I'm actually thinking that KM looks much better than ever this time around. This story has given Robin an outsider edge which helps flesh the character out more. For years, she was a wallflower no matter what they had Robin go through. She always seemed unaffected by the trauma and incredible plights that befell her. She seems more mature this time around. And between her and Sabrina, I'm sure more straight guys would pick KM because they seem to like the fleshy big-bum hausfrauish woman as opposed to the stick cupie doll. Just look around at couples in real life and you see that.

And I thought it was common knowledge that Thaoo is gay.

by Anonymousreply 22912/27/2013

The DL has been calling Geary "Lady Geary" for years. It's rather endearing, I think.

I do think it's rather funny that the two young female romantic roles on GH right now are Kiki and Robin...and both are played by short little heifers.

by Anonymousreply 23012/27/2013

"Britt" is prettier, sexier and hotter than either "Robin" or "Sabrina", and had better chemistry with "Drake Jr".

Great scene where Finola Hughes was directing the "Do you think I'm stupid?" warning to Sonny - she's just sooo good. Hope the "Britt is Anna's daughter" speculation bears out, because those two have "it"

"Sabrina" doesn't.

Biggest surprise has been Nu Morgan. Much more watchable than I'd expected, great with "Ava", and a good echo of the "Sonny steals Michael and Jason Quartermine away from their family" story history.

Kanan and Wright had terrific chemistry. Sorry to see that sidelined in favor of "Franco". Wright and Howarth had chemistry, and "Todd" worked. But "Franco"...they're too proud to quit polishing that turd, and just write the character off.

Too bad Ellie's gone.

by Anonymousreply 23112/27/2013

I absolutely agree with everything you said R13.

I can't stand Franco.He's beyond obnoxious. I would love to see AJ and Carly together.

Anna, Britt and Robin would make a great family.

In both cases, the dynamics are way more interesting than what they have going on now.

by Anonymousreply 23212/27/2013

I think Britt is hot but chemistry with Dr Drake? Nah, she's better with Prince Nik.

I hate Morgan! He's a pretty boy with no acting talent. Nice eye candy but quite empty.At least he's "dating" Britta in real life. Or is that bearding......

I liked Damian and Ellie.I'll always have Blinded Me With Science.

Sabrina vs Robin, most straight guys would want a Sabrina but could only get a frumpy hausfrau like Robin.

by Anonymousreply 23312/27/2013

I think it's strange how JT really has no romantic chemistry with anyone.

Love TC for the first ever with Britt since his arrival years ago in the Lulu-transplant story. He was horrible with the other co-stars they had for him (Courtney, Liz, etc).

And they really dropped the ball by not continuing the Kanan-Wright story. It made much more sense in a continually evolving story based on history. Franco and Carly is plot-derived, forced, and makes absolutely no sense at all. Even with Heather involved, it will never work for me.

As it is, there is no need for AJ to be on at all. Stupid of FV and RC.

by Anonymousreply 23412/27/2013

Anthony Geary is top billed on General Hospital

General Hospital

Anthony Geary

Luke Spencer

by Anonymousreply 23512/27/2013

I think Epiphany using the name "Drake Jr." -- you know, instead of 'Dr. Drake,' or 'Patrick,' -- should be limited to 94 per episode.

by Anonymousreply 23812/27/2013

It's Lady Geary, or La Geary, not Lord Geary.

She can chew scenery with the best of them!

by Anonymousreply 23912/27/2013

R237 Anti-Thaao troll go away! You were wrong about Penghlis,he's back and now you're eating crow. In addition, no one is swapping IPs and the like, that is your insanity at work! You were wrong about the Cassadines among other things.Take your tail between your legs and leave....

R236 Bullshit anti-Thaao troll. He's well regarded by a lot of fellow actors and actresses in the industry.He might be gay BUT he is far from a screaming queen. Just because you are a sore loser now don't think you haven't been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 24012/27/2013

R235 So you are saying that Tony is the Suzanne Rogers of GH then?!;)

R239 Lord Geary to you Madame! Seriously Tony is not a closeted queen like Revolta or other people in the industry and he hardly acts like the stereotypical gay man.If he were an utter queen, then it would be fair to call him that name. On the other hand, Geary makes Penghlis look like an Empress doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 24112/27/2013

Loved watching Dr. Obrecht torment Sonny in jail. She knows how to mess with his head!

by Anonymousreply 24212/28/2013

If they do end up making the Britch Anna's child that will be interesting given Britch's resemblance to Frau Farbissina.

by Anonymousreply 24312/28/2013

GH is starting to wear thin on the back from the dead/masks/babies implanted/secret babies fronts.

by Anonymousreply 24412/28/2013

Britta and DR O? They don't look alike, Britta is so gorgeous and DR O not so much. Though Kathleen Gati is really talented though. A decent singer and a good actress.One of the few who isn't sleepwalking through their scenes.

The whole mask thing was too much during the return of Duke,I think ABC has told Ron they've had enough of the masks.Days will probably bring back someone by this very method during their 50th anniversary provided they make it.The whole baby switching story isn't done yet.As for secret babies, I wonder how they explain all the young Cassadines that are up and coming......

by Anonymousreply 24512/28/2013

Sabrina is pregnant. Duke is betraying Anna. Patrick cannot make a decision to save his life. Luke is one boring guy.

The Jeromes are a fairly good story. But there's no consistency. And Kiki is the weak link that ruins the whole set up.

Franco is painful to watch. Heather kidnaps Carly. That might be decent. Silas looks like he's sick. Has no chemistry with Sam this time around.

by Anonymousreply 24612/28/2013

I just need to say this. GH would be a perfect soap, if it wasn't for the pacing. There is a fine art to the way you pace soaps, Ron gets an F in pacing. The stories are fun and soapy, but he doesn't understand balance.

by Anonymousreply 24712/28/2013

The way Ron writes, he blows through actors guarantees so they have to be off the screen for months in order to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 24912/28/2013

Is the actress who plays Maxie leaving the show or, is she just going on maternity leave?

by Anonymousreply 25012/28/2013

Maternity, r250.

by Anonymousreply 25112/28/2013

r245, they showed a pic of Obrecht as a younger woman awhile back using an old photo of the actress and she looked amazingly like the actress who lays Britt.

That said, resemblances aren't important in soaps when it comes to casting family, so why should actual resemblances make a difference in determining story?

by Anonymousreply 25212/28/2013

Thanks R251

by Anonymousreply 25312/28/2013

Are they going to keep Kathleen Gati (Dr. O.) around? She's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 25412/29/2013

Roger Octopus is a big fan of General Hospital and Doktor O!

by Anonymousreply 25512/29/2013

The days got to come when Heather and Liesel become birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 25612/29/2013

Please, no Roger Octopus/Regina Ovary on this board.

by Anonymousreply 25712/29/2013

Will work for food.

by Anonymousreply 25812/29/2013

R257 Roger Oh! said on ZB that he's banned from here. Someone else must be posting that to cause trouble for him at his new board. I'm not a fan, but it's not his fault.

by Anonymousreply 25912/29/2013

I agree about the pacing r248. Classic example is Connie's murder late last summer. We still haven't gotten any resolution to that story and I'm not we ever will. Even Sonny and her family seemed to forget all about it the next day. Any resolution we do get will probably just be a quicky way to write out AJ after leaving him in limbo for the last 6 months. Oddly though FV claimed that Sean Kanan has one of the highest guarantees on the show. Go figure.

The show has way too many characters doing nothing but face time which tends to slow every story to a glacial place.

by Anonymousreply 26012/29/2013

Uh, R259, you also posted R255. Trolldar says so. Not sure who the "someone else" posting about Roger on DL might be.

by Anonymousreply 26112/29/2013

They've got to resolve this problem of too many characters and stories.

by Anonymousreply 26212/29/2013

So Patrick asks Robin if she wants another child, and Sabrina is pregnant. Go figure! Patrick in another baby triangle.

I hope there is more action between Stumpy and Dr. O.

by Anonymousreply 26312/29/2013

Fewer characters on the show caused the Sonny/Jason/Carly years which almost killed GH.

I'll gladly be patient for stories and characters to pause for a while then come back around.

by Anonymousreply 26412/29/2013

The problem is that the good characters are gone or hardly seen while we still get our fill of Sonny, Olivia, Carly, Franco , Stumpy and Sabbbbrina. I would much rather see AJ and Scorpio. Maybe more Qs.

by Anonymousreply 26512/29/2013

I want to fuck Patrick Drake.

Apparently he's so virile that if he breeds my boicooter, I'll be pregnant too!

by Anonymousreply 26612/30/2013

Sonny and Obrecht?

That could actually make ole Stumpy tolerable!

by Anonymousreply 26712/30/2013

Robin (Heather) got her cooking skills from when she worked at Kelly's.

by Anonymousreply 26812/30/2013

I would love seeing Frau Farbissina tormenting Stumpy mercilessly. As long as it ended with him dying a grisly death. Even better if Caroline goes with him. She has never been anything but a classless whore. She inherited none of her hooker mother's attributes(i.e., her funbags). GH needs a character who brings class and purity back to PC. Preferably a much loved and missed legacy character. But who---who?

by Anonymousreply 26912/30/2013

Sam and Silas has a pretty good love scene coming up.

by Anonymousreply 27012/30/2013

It seems like Patrick can't wait to fuck bareback, the minute Robin isn't around.

I wonder if Patrick is on PrEP? And what's the science behind an HIV+ person getting pregnant and having a HIV- child.

by Anonymousreply 27112/30/2013

The Annie and Rose trolling never stops!;) You'd think that RC and FV would at the very least have them walk on as a cameo BUT no.I liked both of them actually and this was an oversight on the part of TPTB.Tia C would have done a walk on as well.She's not exactly that busy right now either. I wonder if the Lovely Ms Pratt will be on an upcoming episode of Mad Men.....

R268 I wonder where Robin(Kim M) got her cooking skills from. She's making Kiki look positively slim.

by Anonymousreply 27212/30/2013

Robin was slim when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 27312/30/2013

I love the Susan Pratt troll.

Hey, if fans can will Thaao Penghlis back to GH Susie P has a shot!

by Anonymousreply 27412/30/2013

I'm catching up on the past week of GH starting with last Monday. Did you all catch that scene where they teased the idea that young Rafe hurt his hand while jacking off? That was weird, but then he really just punched a wall over Molly.

by Anonymousreply 27512/30/2013

I'd have to help Rafe out.....looks like that guy could use a good milking.

by Anonymousreply 27612/31/2013

Rumors are flying about that Faison isn't dead. Anna and Robert have imprisoned him somewhere, but this won't be revealed until much later (I was guessing this all along). Meanwhile, their cover-up will lead to Robert making a sacrifice to protect Anna and new DA Scott Baldwin will be a thorn in Anna's side.

Thaoo Penghlis starts taping Jan 6th, filming 6 episodes on his first day. Victor's re-emergence will cause trouble for everyone, in particular Luke and Tracy. (What a shame Laura isn't around for this)

There are plans for a big story for Carly in 2014 that has nothing to do with Franco.

When the truth about Ben finally comes out, it will serve to pull Dante and Lulu further apart instead of bringing them together.

by Anonymousreply 27712/31/2013

That guy who was at Maxie's door at the end of yesterday's episode is the new hunk in town: Ryan Paevey, who is playing Det. Nathan West; Nathan is the LA cop whose phone calls are making Ava and Silas nervous.

by Anonymousreply 27812/31/2013

[quote]Rumors are flying about that Faison isn't dead.

Is this really a surprise to you? Robert and Anna have been doing nothing but standing around talking about how "no one must know what we have done to Faison." Not "we killed Faison," not "Faison is dead." And Ron Carlivati is too weak-kneed to kill off an old school villain.

The only people in the audience who didn't already know they DIDN'T kill Faison are grannies with dementia.

by Anonymousreply 27912/31/2013

R277 is that big Carly story still going to be her going on trial for the supposed murder of AJ?

by Anonymousreply 28012/31/2013

r280, it was planned sometime ago to have AJ fake his death and Carly would be accused of the crime. Have no idea if that has been shelved or cancelled.

Christina Collins was cast months ago and has been scheduled to make her first appearance on many occasions already, but each one has been shelved for whatever reason (Christina is supposed to be the reason why Kevin is always called away from Lucy and why he's never around). The last-minute decisions and rewrites going on this show are beyond crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28112/31/2013

well hello!

by Anonymousreply 28212/31/2013

Cannot figure why they would get rid of Sean/A.J. He has chemistry with all of the female cast (especially Carly and Ava). He looks like he knows how to seriously fuck. Sonny needs a good 6 month vacation so we actually miss him. I have no issue with Sabrina being pregnant; that will keep things stirred up for Robin and Patrick. I like the Felix/Sabrina dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 28312/31/2013

So is RH's Franco on his way out? Will RC and FV finally admit they made a mistake with Franco and RH isn't all that? Now, if things work out with the lawsuit and ABC can get back the rights to the OLTL characters I would not mind RH coming back as Todd. Odd because RH is playing Franco like Todd but somehow there was chemistry between Carly and Todd but IMO none between Carly and Franco.

by Anonymousreply 28412/31/2013

They should really rename Christina Collins.

by Anonymousreply 28512/31/2013

I seriously doubt if Christina ever makes it to the screen that she will go by her given name. She'll have some nickname or some shortened form, cause no way would they let someone assume the name of one of Sonny's children.

by Anonymousreply 28612/31/2013

R277 Actually Penghlis is taping 6 episodes in 5 days not one.

R274 I like Susan Pratt too, she was pretty cute.It would have been a hoot to see Jeff, Anne and Heather interact. However Ron has a fixation with the original Ice Princess storyline and the Cassadines so the return of Victor was a no brainer.Announcing Thaao's return to GH rather than have it be a surprise was not only for Feb sweeps but to also bring Days Of Our Lives fans over.

by Anonymousreply 28712/31/2013

They asked Richard Dean Anderson back, but he declined. They wanted him back for Heather's return a couple of years ago.

I would have had Brooke Bundy do a cameo in a Heather dream sequence for the 50th anniversary week. Hell, Diana Taylor and Susan Moore both could have tormented Heather in her nightmares.

FV wouldn't dare admit failure with the Franco fiasco. He'll admit mistakes with anything else, but not the RH gamble. It has been the worst thing in this regime so far.

by Anonymousreply 28801/01/2014

How about a little Emma Lutz?

by Anonymousreply 28901/01/2014

by Anonymousreply 29001/01/2014

RP has a Model Mayhem account. Lots of gay porn men do. I wonder....?

by Anonymousreply 29101/01/2014

Damn, that newbie is fine.

I see Frankie's casting couch has been busy again, and Frankie's straining, musky, overstuffed jockstrap has seen a lot of action!

by Anonymousreply 29201/01/2014

[quote]Damn, that newbie is fine.

Yes, but that is one very flat butt.

by Anonymousreply 29301/01/2014

I wasn't checkin' the ass.

by Anonymousreply 29401/01/2014

Wonder what his feets look like.

by Anonymousreply 29501/01/2014

New guy is HOT but in every underwear pic I see, he looks like he's packing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 29601/01/2014

Maybe he's a grower and not a shower. I'd still fuck the hell out of him either way.

by Anonymousreply 29701/01/2014

[quote] New guy is HOT but in every underwear pic I see, he looks like he's packing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 29801/01/2014

I'd still suck every last drop of cum out of his tiny cock. He is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 29901/01/2014

R276 Mmm. Young Rafe needs to get laid, no? He needs to forget about that shrieking bitch Molly and get with an older woman like Maxie or Britt.

by Anonymousreply 30101/01/2014

I imagine the only people who would find Rafe remotely desirable are 12 year old girls and pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 30201/01/2014

Speaking of Rafe, the new hot guy kind of looks like an older version of him. Is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 30301/01/2014

R300 eats shit out of a tin can.

by Anonymousreply 30401/02/2014

The people sexualizing Rafe confuse me. He is prettg much a little person and looks very young. ugh

by Anonymousreply 30601/02/2014

R304, soap threads are not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 30701/02/2014

R307, link please.

by Anonymousreply 30801/02/2014

[quote]I imagine the only people who would find Rafe remotely desirable are 12 year old girls and pedophiles.

Frankie V. had him shirtless and prone in his first month.

by Anonymousreply 30901/02/2014

R308 it's unspoken.

by Anonymousreply 31001/02/2014

How ironic that there must be all this subterfuge and deception on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 31101/02/2014

Speaking of unspoken, R310.....shush.

by Anonymousreply 31201/02/2014

I've been over Lulu's unbearable histrionics a long time ago. I just wanted her to shut the hell up today. No wonder her parents want nothing to do with her. Little Emma with the big smile nailed on her little face has much more character than Lulu. The Dante and Lulu separation was way too contrived - there was no sensical reason why she had to pack up and leave on New Years Eve of all times. She came off as juvenile and excessively melodramatic: "Don't let the door hit your skinny ass on the way out, asshole." Boring and very silly writing, RC.

The new guy is very cute (in a very gay way), but can he act? Looks like we are in for a new Ford-like era.

Sam and Silas' big night would have had much more impact if it were McBain and Sam. Love ME and KM together, but, in the end, it's about CHARACTER and not ACTOR. Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans couldn't recapture their DAYS magic on GH because they were playing different characters in a different scenario. And forcing this Silas-Sam story on us just doesn't work when we were given a taste of cop McBain and former mob moll-con artist Sam together. Good guy anti-hero McBain fitted much more appropriately in Sam's convoluted history with men and was such a "FU" to the Jasam romance and the Guza/JFP reign of terror that it oozed with delicious irony. Silas and Sam offers nothing long-term and nothing remotely interesting other than good-looking actors who somewhat resemble each other capitalizing on their romantic chemistry.

Speaking of being forced-fed ready-made super couples, I'm hearing Heather kidnaps Carly, stages her death and frames Franco for it out of revenge for trying to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 31301/02/2014

New hottie bending over for us

by Anonymousreply 31401/02/2014

Where are these pics coming from? I did a Google image search on him and got some, but not most of the ones posted here. I wonder if he's done any j/o or gay hardcore work? Is Stumpy dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 31501/02/2014

RIP SoapNet

by Anonymousreply 31601/02/2014

They need to get nuHottie outta his clothes..STAT!!

by Anonymousreply 31701/02/2014

LOL how they didn't even try to hide Storm's pregnancy before she left to go on maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 31801/02/2014

I really enjoy Maxie's character these days. At the parting scene with Spinelli and baby Georgie, her emotion was palpable. Hopefully theyll use this time off the canvas to have her get involved in some new storyline .... Maybe meet someone new who stalks her back to PC?

by Anonymousreply 31901/02/2014

The guy who plays Milo is so damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 32001/02/2014

Are Ellie and Spinelli coming back?

by Anonymousreply 32101/02/2014

They really do need to find someone new for Maxie. Since Lulu is supposed to be attracted to the new detective, maybe they will have some sort of triangle there. Just please keep Maxie far away from Dante, he was the biggest dick to her when she was pregnant and he still thought it was his baby.

by Anonymousreply 32201/02/2014

Can't stand Dante

by Anonymousreply 32301/02/2014

R321. No, they both quit the show.

by Anonymousreply 32401/02/2014

[quote] Are Ellie and Spinelli coming back?

by Anonymousreply 32501/02/2014

No, r321.

Dante is dead weight and never had real impact on the show. Get rid of him and his deadbeat father and his moronic mother. PLEASE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32601/02/2014

Milo is the Emma Lutz of the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 32701/02/2014

New detective - in the long run-is meant for Maxie. In the short run - there's something with Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 32801/02/2014

Does anyone know why the show has such a hard time writing for Elizabeth? It's like she's Nurse Jessie Brewer 2.0. The show has gone through a few writing teams now and none of them have been able to do anything with that character. So why keep her on? She's probably making 3 or 4 thousand an episode, couldn't they use that money for someone else or multiple someone elses?

by Anonymousreply 32901/02/2014

I want to see that new detective hook up with Lucas. That would be HOT.

Lulu though... yawn!

It sucks that Lucas is going to be hanging out with Felix and Brad. I hate Felix.

Yummy Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 33001/02/2014

Milo looks like Herman Munster. Not hot. Fantastic body, though. (He also can't act.)

by Anonymousreply 33101/02/2014

I loved today's episode!!!

by Anonymousreply 33201/02/2014

Re: Elizabeth - wouldnt it seem that Heather would fixate on her as Jeffs daughter? Have they ever had any scenes?

by Anonymousreply 33301/02/2014

I am not a fan of RC's writing, but I thought for the most part he did a pretty good job with Kyle and Fish on OLTL, so I don't get why Felix is so horrible. Kish were at least real people. Felix is literally nothing but Sabrina's sassy gay busybody friend who is there to hold her hand and listen to her problems. He's also extremely annoying in every single scene. He's one of the worst characters on a soap I've seen in a long, long time. I don't mind the actor, but this character is just atrocious. You would think Ron, a gay man, would be able to write a gay character better than this.

I have a feeling Ron will do a real number on Lucas. Oh well. At least Ryan Carnes will bring the pretty.

by Anonymousreply 33401/02/2014

I like Felix. I like the actor and the character. His crush on Milo was sweet; it didn't make sense that he wanted Sabrina to back off in case Milo was gay or bi.

And that was the point. Crushes often don't make sense.

The only thing I don't get is Felix having any attraction for Brad; become his pal, that's fine.

I like seeing a MIX of characters. If there's only one gay guy on a show then he has to be everything to everyone and usually ends up being nothing to anyone. But we have Felix, Brad and soon Lucas...something for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 33501/03/2014

by Anonymousreply 33601/03/2014

I wish there was an All My Children thread. I don't want to get banned for starting one, though.

by Anonymousreply 33701/03/2014

It's better to lie low R337.

There are periods where everything is fine and it can fly under the radar...and other times when they delete them left and right.

by Anonymousreply 33801/03/2014

I can't speak for anyone else but I would have no problem sharing this thread with AMC or OLTL or other soap fans. It's as R338 said, it's better to lie low. Don't start another thread or this one will be deleted in the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 33901/03/2014

We should share. At this point we have to stick together.

by Anonymousreply 34001/03/2014

MSE R340. Well said!

by Anonymousreply 34101/03/2014

Ok cool then...AMC was always my main show, even though I enjoyed several others at different points.

I loved how AMC could mix the funny, over the top characters with the more realistic, social issue storylines.

I'd love to hear some fave AMC stories from DL. One of mine was when Kelsey was in love with Kevin, but he turned out to be gay. His parents tried to force him into an ex gay program. Sadly, when the storyline wrapped, we never saw Kwvin again, basically.

Of course, Natalie in the well was the ultimate.

by Anonymousreply 34201/03/2014

Welcome AMC fan. Sorry, I didn't watch AMC but I hope you get to talk about your fave with others here.

by Anonymousreply 34301/03/2014

So how many times did Frank personally "audition" the new guy before hiring him? His second episode in and he's already shirtless. My goodness.

by Anonymousreply 34401/03/2014

Thanks [R343]---I miss having a soap to watch, but I can't really get into any of the ones currently airing. I tune into GH sometimes, but there are just SO many characters on that show I can't stand--Sonny and Carly being the main ones.

I quite enjoyed the brief AMC online reboot. Even though it didn't have Erica, Kendall, or Tad, it had enough legacy characters and vets to make it "feel" like the old AMC. If Frons had kept his fat, greasy hands off the show, and let Agnes Nixon run the show like THAT, AMC would still be on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 34501/04/2014

Cartini wasted no time getting Nathan naked. You know they probably jacked off to that scene yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 34601/04/2014

Where has my Todd been.

by Anonymousreply 34701/04/2014

R347 Franco? Off screen, thankfully.

He's on every day next week I think actually. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 34801/04/2014

That new guy is really hot but he doesn't seem like much of an actor so far. I guess I'm not really surprised. Cartini always go for looks over talent.

by Anonymousreply 34901/04/2014

Some of us have looks and talent!

by Anonymousreply 35001/04/2014

My god he's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 35101/04/2014

Someone should start a thread devoted to faded and forgotten celebrity chefs. For every Anthony Bordain there must be dozens who failed to keep their balloon in the air. Like 90% of the cheftestants of Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 35201/04/2014

I was always a GH and Days fan but watched AMC and OLTL as well.Ron and Frank were fresh from OLTL so that's what we were "treated" to the Llanview Three.If PP justly loses their rights GH could bring on a couple of characters from AMC. Then again they have too many characters already on GH and too many GH veterans coming in the next few months.

WTF ever happened to Taylor Miller(Nina) from AMC? I always thought she was so beautiful.She had a bit of that Hampton lockjaw going on but she was something else.That Sybil, what a cunt she was. She wasn't as nuts as Heather W was but who is? Supposedly Heather is going to be part of the Faison/Cassadine plot now somehow.......

by Anonymousreply 35301/04/2014

Taylor Miller lives here in Chicago. I've seen her and Kate Collins both here.

by Anonymousreply 35401/04/2014

I think Nathan has chemistry with Anna. Friday I kept wanting him to walk around Anna's desk and pull her up to a hot kiss.....

by Anonymousreply 35501/04/2014

I've met many much more famous people than Kate Collins, and had no trouble keeping it under control---but if I met her, I would PLOTZ..

I would love to know "WHET" to Tasia Valenza, Heather Stanford, Carmen Thomas, Lee Godart, Deborah Goodrich, Trent Bushey, Teresa Blake, Marcy Walker, Amanda Bearse, Liz Vassey, Dondre Whitfield, Chris Bruno, Paige Rowland, Ben Monk Jorgeson, TC Warner, Esta Terblanche....many more.

I know "google is my friend" and I can find info, but I'm saying I'd like to hear and see them and find out what are their memories of AMC. They brought back Esta (the only actress that ever made Cameron Mathison tolerable) for a brief dream sequence towards the end. They gave Tad a long lost son (future star Finn Wittock) with Hilary, and stupidly, never even brought Carmen Thomas back. Marcy is into church work now, and I guess Bearse is still directing lesbian stuff.

Holy crap, just read this and I will go ahead and say this to myself:

by Anonymousreply 35601/04/2014

Can't wait for Ryan Carnes to return.

by Anonymousreply 35801/04/2014

I vote "nay" for having this be a blended GH/AMC/OLTL, whatever thread. No animus, but:

It gets too confusing with the casual character references when all the different soaps have characters with similar names

This thread will fill up too rapidly and it's becoming harder and harder to get replacements

Too much activity in one place might spur suspicion

The Freddie Smith threads seem bulletproof and keep propagating, why not go onto them?

by Anonymousreply 35901/04/2014

Not much to say about amc/oltl right now anyway - theys cancelled

by Anonymousreply 36001/04/2014

The new actor on GH is indeed hot but he's not much of an actor. But somehow, that isn't going to be a problem for me. ;)

by Anonymousreply 36101/05/2014

"Nathan" with his hand down his speedo

by Anonymousreply 36201/05/2014

I want Nathan to give Anna a hot fuck right on her work desk. Duke is boring as fuck. Anna is awesome and needs a hot young cock.

Either that or I want him to be bi and let him foot around with Lucas. That would be hot.

Speaking of Lucas, here's his cock.

by Anonymousreply 36301/05/2014

Anna was giving HottieDetective a hard time on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 36401/05/2014

R359 They won't be so bulletproof when Days fans see people talking about ABC soaps there!GH,OLTL and AMC were all produced and broadcast on ABC before the PP debacle. Days is owned by Sony like Y & R and broadcasts on NBC.

BTW there was at least one Freddy thread that was shut down. So they are not all that bulletproof to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 36501/05/2014

meow meow meow

by Anonymousreply 36601/06/2014

Anyone know what happened to the Soap Opera Network in NYC on Time warner Cable?

Ava Jersome is awesome, btw.

by Anonymousreply 36701/06/2014

Disney pulled the plug on the network. It's no longer available R 367

by Anonymousreply 36801/06/2014

Ava and Carly's run-in today was awesome. I'm guessing Heather will stage Carly's death and Ava and Franco will be suspects. Kiki is apparently getting involved with this story and will investigate or something like that.

Nathan West is great on the eyes, but he should just keep his mouth shut. Strip him down, put a ballgag in his mouth and make the guys on the show lead him around on all fours on a dog leash.

I'm thinking they are making him fill the role John McBain was supposed to have.

by Anonymousreply 36901/06/2014

Posted this on a Y&R thread, and thought GH viewers would love to see this, especially the Loanne Bishop fans.

19 year old Demi Moore drunk at a birthday bash for 15 year old Phillip Tanzini, who played Annie Logan's adopted son Jeremy Hewitt. While Moore is passionately kissing and groping the lad, Bishop is warbling out Judy Garland tunes.

This is the video that started the rumours Moore was inappropriate to a minor on the show.

by Anonymousreply 37001/06/2014

Both Sonny and Sean are reprehensible despicable human beings. How dare ABC "heroize" these two scumbuckets.

by Anonymousreply 37101/06/2014

R369 Nathan is a huge step up from John McBain, imo. Couldn't stand that character.

Speaking of McBain/Silas, Easton looks horrible. Why did they let him take off his shirt last week? Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 37201/06/2014

[quote] Anyone know what happened to the Soap Opera Network in NYC on Time warner Cable?

They announced SoapNet was ending well over a year ago. It breathed its last on 12/31.

by Anonymousreply 37301/06/2014

What's the deal with Easton's hair? How could they let him go on the air like that? Ugh.

I thought when the regime changed last year we had the last of Sopranos Light. I hate it when they make Sonny look like a good guy. At least we don't have to put up with the beloved by all Jason anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37401/06/2014

by Anonymousreply 37501/06/2014

Someone posted this screen cap at SON message boards. Michael Easton looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 37601/06/2014

That's not Michael Easton, that's Virgina Woolf!

by Anonymousreply 37701/06/2014

back as

next Friday

by Anonymousreply 37801/06/2014

GF is not ob GH because she refused to even consider recurring so they gave her a contract to nail her for the 50th. It's a lot why TR took the Y&R deal, too. They gave him a solid 1 year contract after GH said they could only promise him a set number of episodes and then a we'll see from there type deal again. They're in a real bind with the few vets over this no contract policy.

by Anonymousreply 37901/07/2014

GF is not on GH because Lady Geary won't allow it long term.

by Anonymousreply 38001/07/2014

I don't think TG wanted either Tristan or Genie back. Tristan actually had some magic with the camera and Genie actually makes TG work for it. So sad. I've lost so much respect for him.

by Anonymousreply 38101/07/2014

I don't think Geary ever wanted to play Luke again. Even though he avoided getting the chopping block by ABC when Gloria Monty was fired by convincing the brass to bring back Luke and Laura, Geary has always been playing Bill Eckart.

by Anonymousreply 38201/07/2014

OP, it was called the "Main Ingredient".

by Anonymousreply 38301/07/2014

Nathan West is being thrown at us way too fast. FV must be in love.

Did Molly and Rafe do one another's hair before their big teenage angst scene the other day? Rafe looks like he's Harvey Korman dressed by Bob Mackie to play a Ken doll.

by Anonymousreply 38401/07/2014

I'm really surprised more viewers haven't bombarded the ABC offices in protest of Carly and Franco's romance. It really is demeaning for this female character.

by Anonymousreply 38501/07/2014

They need to stop letting old ass Geary running the place. Luke is barely relevant anymore, Geary hasn't done any great acting in years, and he's also on vacation in Amsterdam about 2/3 of the year.

by Anonymousreply 38601/07/2014

R385 Laura Wright is cheerleading Carly/Franco like crazy. I don't get it. They are terrible. Dating the man who had her son raped is a new low for her.

by Anonymousreply 38701/07/2014

Carly was great with Todd but sucks with Franco. Same two actors but somehow it's not working and I don't even care about the shit Franco pulled pre tumor. It's just somehow they had chemistry when he was Todd and none with him as Franco. I mean RH's acting stinks with either character so I really don't know what it is. Maybe I was just used to Todd or some part of me remembered how good RH once was as Todd two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 38801/07/2014

Roger Howarth is TERRIBLE now. It's like he doesn't try to take anything seriously now and just tries to make everything a comedy. I cringe whenever he's on.

by Anonymousreply 38901/07/2014

R384 Frank probably has Nathan on so much because he needs new scenes to jack off to every day.

by Anonymousreply 39001/07/2014

I wish Daddy Frank would stuff me with his big salami!

by Anonymousreply 39101/07/2014

Carly and Todd worked because it was part of an ongoing evolution of two longtime ABC characters. Given their pasts and personalities, the match just worked. It helped that Wright and Howarth had great chemistry, but it was the characters that made the story.

With the Franco fiasco, RC and FV have broken the cardinal rule that for story, it is about CHARACTER. Every attempt to make the actor the point of story always fails to add up to anything of quality in the soap opera genre. We remember character. Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans failed to capture the same magic on GH they had on DAYS because they were playing completely different characters. DAYS rehired Wayne Northrop a few years back to play a different character to co-star with his former leading lady Deidre Hall, but the story clunked. Tony Geary and Emma Samms could not make a story between Bill Eckart and Holly Sutton work like Luke and Holly did years before.

We are not stupid - we know RC and FV want Wright and Howarth and not Carly and Franco together. And they have revised and rewritten history to desperately make it work. If they were writing for character, they would never have considered Franco a potential romantic interest for Carly, who would never betray her son and her best friend Jason by even considering Franco as redeemed. Now they are using vets like Heather and Scott (well, they used Scott for a couple of days) to hammer this square peg of a story into the circular base of GH history: it's awkward, clumsy, reckless and just plain messy.

My guess is that they will be rewriting Kiki's parentage once again sooner or later to justify the Franco Fiasco even more.

by Anonymousreply 39201/07/2014

I heard a rumor that Franco will actually turn out to be Grant Putnam's son.

Who knows if it's true, but either way they're trying way too hard to make Franco happen. It's not going to work.

by Anonymousreply 39301/07/2014

Congrats to Kirsten Storms and Brandon Barash who had a baby girl yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 39401/08/2014

R393 Ha! I'm not an RH fan at all so this news is terrible.When Grant is brought back will GP become a Cassadine too?! RC and FV have a way of hitting a grand slam and then striking out three times in a row. Not to mention the "plot twist" Ron has in store for Victor Cassadine.It's an unnecessary one and adds a really stereotypical soap touch to everything. I hope the rumor is wrong but knowing Ron he really can fuck up anything.

by Anonymousreply 39501/08/2014

R380 R381 You think Tony has that much power now? GH is being run more like Days now with a tighter shooting schedule and an even tighter budget. Frank nickle and diming Geary is what Sony did to Eric Braeden on the Sony/CBS snoozefest. Geary's reign seems to be over or at least reduced.

R380 I think that Tony should be called an Empress after his long reign don't you?;)If you are going to make him a female royal please up his title.....

by Anonymousreply 39601/08/2014

RH and LW have serious chemistry but Todd and Carly wasn't evolution, it was a carbon imitation of Todd and Blair. They were even rehashing the same OLTL scripts from less than a year prior with the same writers RC and Frank brought over when they canned most of the old staff. (The better dialogue aces from OLTL moved to DAYS)

Trying to make something new from scratch is not RC's strong suit at this point. But that's just one reason Franco and Carly fails. Carly is a vicious barracuda when it comes to her family and the people she loves. She was obsessed with Jason who was Franco's mortal enemy. She is not a woman who would ever look her son in the eye after he reminds her her new lover had him raped, and then tell him that a videotape exonerated Franco.

by Anonymousreply 39701/08/2014

R395 what is the rumored plot twist?

by Anonymousreply 39801/08/2014

[quote]With the Franco fiasco, RC and FV have broken the cardinal rule that for story, it is about CHARACTER. Every attempt to make the actor the point of story always fails to add up to anything of quality in the soap opera genre.

Well put r392 Bringing RH on as Franco was just a bad idea in general. RH's clowning and cajoling "you know I'm cute and cuddly" schtick is about the worst possible take on Franco even sans brain tumor. But then of course he's not actually playing Franco. He's still trying to play Todd.

About the only character he does work with IMO is Heather because they're both bat shit crazy and the relationship makes sense.

Carly? No way.

by Anonymousreply 39901/08/2014

Frankie! My mussy is ready!

by Anonymousreply 40001/08/2014

Al l. Said and done. GH is enjoyable. I watched in the 80s. Yes i was in 3rd grade. I have been back since oltl went off. Its entertaining and is what it is. I like the vets back whenever i can see them. Heathers scenes make me laugh. And that new cops voice makes me quiver. Sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 40101/09/2014

Shirley (Mrs. Partridge) Jones is filming some guest appearances that will air in February - she will be part of Victor's story.

by Anonymousreply 40201/09/2014

Has the Q family even acknowledged that Franco is no longer Alan's son?!!!

This show is confusing.

by Anonymousreply 40301/09/2014

Today was just horrible. All stories were incredibly boring. GH is running out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 40401/09/2014

R403 That would require the Q's to actual be on. Tracy has been MIA for weeks. AJ now gets to make a monthly appearance. Ditto with Monica.

by Anonymousreply 40501/09/2014

by Anonymousreply 40601/09/2014

LOL. Kristen Alderson is so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 40701/09/2014

She talks fat.

by Anonymousreply 40801/09/2014

R398 When Pat Falken Smith left GH to go to Days in 1981 she enticed Thaao Penghlis to go with her to Days by telling him that the character PFS created, Tony Di Mera, was basically Victor Cassadine.It seems when Frank and Ron called up Thaao in 2013 they told him he was playing Victor Cassadine who was really Tony Di Mera! Supposedly Victor will be to Mikkos what Tony Di Mera is to Stefano.In other words,Victor is supposed to be Mikko's son not his brother. This sets up the struggle for Victor to get his piece of the Cassadine fortune. Which Victor could have contested anyway as he was Mikkos' brother.I wonder if Ron is paying homage to the Di Mera character in his own weird way or is it his typical wacky and chaotic plotting. Something tells me it's more of the latter.....

by Anonymousreply 40901/09/2014

Who cares if Victor is Mikkos' son and not his brother? Victor can be just as much of a threat to Stefan if they were uncle and nephew. Convoluted for the sake of being convoluted. Silly.

by Anonymousreply 41001/10/2014

Is Matt Borlenghi still waiting for the phone to ring or did he decide to go on to other things?

by Anonymousreply 41101/10/2014

See link R411.

The likelihood of Borlenghi coming to GH now is less than zero.

by Anonymousreply 41201/10/2014

At first "the threat" is against Prince Nik and Alexis and as for Stefan who knows where he stands. To be honest, I can't wait for Cartooni comic book plot explanation for Stefan's resurgence.He'd better go all out camp with this one(like a clone or some wacky Marvel plot) because almost nothing else will suffice!;)

R410 Evidently Ron cared. In his own mind Helena supposedly let Victor rot in prison because he was Mikkos' son. At least that is the rumored rationale for Victor languishing in prison so long. It wasn't enough for him to be Stefan, Alexis and Nik's uncle/great uncle. Ron and Frank get points for bringing back all these old timers and the like, but the actual execution of their storylines leaves something left to be desired.

There are rumors that Helena and Stavros are coming back too. Stavros was fun for a week BUT RKK can't act anymore and Helena is so overdone at this point. I'd rather see new Cassadines at this point than Stavros or Helena.

by Anonymousreply 41301/10/2014

Laura Wright IS phoning it in, as is Kanan and Howarth. Bernard, Duell and Craig are also acting like they are rehearsing instead of actual filming. No one is liking this story. Poor Robin Mattson - I love her, but enough of psycho Heather. I would have swallowed a brain tumour causing Heather to commit all her heinous acts in the last couple of years, but instead we have to watch the pointless Franco get the cliched redemption ticket. I would love Heather to stick around and cause all sorts of trouble, but why does she have to be so Baby Janeish and psychotic?

So Carly and Franco have already had a Sears couple photo portrait done of themselves? Ridiculous.

I hate this Franco shit.

by Anonymousreply 41501/10/2014

Borlenghi needs to get over it. We all got over it. Move on. Doesn't come off as very mature with any of his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 41601/10/2014

[quote] Bernard, Duell and Craig are also acting like they are rehearsing instead of actual filming.

Knowing Cartini, the scenes changed 100x and they probably ARE running it for the first time on camera.

by Anonymousreply 41701/10/2014

Franco just did the token "sweep of all things on the table in anger" move - totally LOL! Everything just kind of went clunk on the floor and RH tried to save the moment by looking all frustrated and manly.

This is the worst stuff I have ever watched!

by Anonymousreply 41801/10/2014

For the first time in a very long time, today I turned GH off - half way through. Missed the clearing the table scene - but gotta say - that is the laziest, piece of crap acting/directing scene ever known! TG used to do it too. Always hated it.

by Anonymousreply 41901/10/2014

Thanks for the heads up. I skip watching for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 42001/10/2014

R414 It's ridiculous. Carly's hands are tied in front of her body. Why can't she just remove the gag? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 42101/10/2014

I like Vincent Irizzary as a Cassadine. His looks "fit"

The one bonus of the constriction of the soaps is that there are a lot of solid actors floating around looking for work.

by Anonymousreply 42201/10/2014

[quote] I like Vincent Irizzary as a Cassadine. His looks "fit"

He'd be great but GH seriously needs to cull some of the bores on the show right now before introducing new characters.

Most of the current young cast (Kiki, Molly, TJ, Rafe) need to go, as does Olivia, Carlos, and Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 42301/10/2014

R392 makes some interesting points. The problem with Franco and Carly is that it goes against who Carly is. In spite of everything else, she is a fierce mother lion. She protects her children. I don't care if Franco had a 14 inch cock and could throw a fuck like Jesus himself, Carly could not get past the Michael rape stuff. She would forever hate him.

by Anonymousreply 42401/10/2014

r421, all she would have to do is maneuver the gag out with her mouth. Or at least scream - it's not preventing her from screaming.

And AJ and Monica aren't the brightest bulbs. Things are being kicked around in their boathouse and they let it slip their minds every damn time.

Horrible writing in the last week.

by Anonymousreply 42501/10/2014

Dante and Lulu have also got to go. I can't put up with their moronics anymore. Really, without Laura, the Spencers have run their course.

by Anonymousreply 42601/10/2014

r423, Sabrina ain't going anywhere. She will eventually discover she is Sonny's long-thought dead child with Lily. So Michael, Morgan and Dante are getting a new sister to make them completely forget they already have one ... somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 42701/10/2014

Both LW and RC have compared Carly/Franco to Luke and Laura love story. I kid you not!

by Anonymousreply 42801/10/2014

To me, Luke raped Laura. I saw it with my own eyes so why L&L became the gold standard soap couple is beyond me. They might as well have paired Todd with Marty on OLTL. I mean real Todd.

At least RH is going along with the BS, not that I've read anyway, although I do think he really likes working with LW as they have been friends since his days on Loving. I think a huge paycheck and working with LW are what he thinks of as his best perks on GH and why he did not want to let go of that gig for good, especially the huge paycheck for pretty much doing nothing more than showing up and memorizing lines. Apparently acting is not a requirement asked of RH since 1998.

by Anonymousreply 42901/10/2014

The comparison to L&L is supposed to be about Laura forgiving Luke for the unforgivable. And therefore the audience forgives him too. And then there's the great love.

by Anonymousreply 43001/10/2014

I don't know where people get this idea that LW and RH have been friends since the old Loving days. RH recently did an interview with one of the rags and when asked about working with LW on Loving, all he said was that he remembers being at the same photoshoot as her once, and that they haven't talked about Loving at all since he's been on GH. I don't think there's any kind of long time friendship there.

by Anonymousreply 43101/10/2014

It's a little known fact that Rose was a Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 43201/11/2014

Thank you Jesus for the dvr FF button.

by Anonymousreply 43301/11/2014

I can't wait to see what old soap has been they dig up to play Nina.

by Anonymousreply 43401/11/2014

R415 GH is being shot more like Days lately. Valentini talked to Meng at Days about how they shot in the recent past and it seems like he adapted some ideas for GH like one shot only!

Rose Kelly is indeed a Cassadine.;) First they were Greek, then they became Russian(and are half Greek now?!) and now an Irish branch has been found!Declan Onassis Cassadine will be coming on as Tony Cassadine(the one frozen with Alex Q) and an Irish-Russian royal's illegitimate spawn.Of course the actor will have a Kiwi accent or sound New Yorky like Vincent Irrizary.......

The whole redemption of Todd on OLTL was just as odious as anything that Luke did. Those little kids vouching for Todd was the height of silliness. At least, Monty had Luke save the world!Rape seemed to be more common in soaps the early 80s and it unfortunately seemed more forgivable. It would be nice to see a modern rape storyline where the rapist gets his just desserts instead of saving the world and/or be a goofball like Todd.

by Anonymousreply 43501/11/2014

Luke and Todd are both gross characters and to the actors' credit, they both knew it. but they have to put food on the table.

by Anonymousreply 43601/11/2014

BIG difference between L&L and Franco and Carly. With the former, the writers/producers/actors took years to cultivate two characters who came together to create story through the actual coming together of two well-though-out 3-D characters.

The latter - well, I don't know what you call it. It's a strange mixture of lazy writing and stunt casting (with the RH recast). Everything is being hammered into a convenient ready-made PLOT and everything rings untrue. Truly FV and RC's biggest and most awful blunder. Total fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 43701/11/2014

Another difference r437 is that the show perhaps unintentionally sent very mixed messages with L&L from the start. What's seen as a clear cut case of rape now wasn't so much at the time.

There were months of buildup of a very plausible close friendship between an unhappy and disturbed young girl and an older, sympathetic male friend. It wasn't your typical rape meaning motivated by anger and a need for power and control.

I think that's what's so off about Franco and Carly. The anger, power and control is exactly what Franco was always about. Love or hate Carly, to think she'd just forget about all that because the poor guy had a brain tumor and couldn't help being a monster is actually kind of offensive.

I think Ron took another big misstep by having Franco fake murder Heather. All that did was underline the fact that leopards don't really change their spots.

by Anonymousreply 43801/11/2014

I think we all pretty much agree that Franco and Carly is a huge misstep/mistake on GH's part. So who are fans of this disastrous story? The same nutsos who are paying for plans to show their support for Michael Muhney?

by Anonymousreply 43901/11/2014

Other than Laura Wright and a few nuts on Daytime Dish, I don't really see many fans or much support for Carly/Franco. Maybe a few people who want to have sex with Howarth. Other than that, they're hated and a being terribly received by pretty much everyone. It's the biggest flop I've seen in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 44001/11/2014

OF the Llanview Three, I think they've managed to weave Silas Clay into the story the best and Franco in the worst. Silas still has good chemistry with Sam and was integrated onto the canvas slowly.

Franco was just shoved down our throats from the beginning. I still cringe whenever he's on screen and resent the time he takes away from other characters. He's just a bad character and Roger isn't managing to overcome that. Whatever chemistry Todd and Carly had is not there with Franco and Carly. The only Franco scenes I enjoy are the ones he has with Heather.

As for Kiki, her integration has been moderately successful, mainly because she's not on much. They really seem to have backburnered the character in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 44101/11/2014

I'd love to think that FV or RC read Datalounge. Best fair critique of their show to be found anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 44201/11/2014

[quote]Roger Oh! said on ZB that he's banned from here.

He's also been banned from ZL. Oh, the drama.

by Anonymousreply 44301/11/2014

Franco is by far the worst of the 3. Kiki is really bad too, mostly because KA is a horrid actress, but they're not pulling out all the stops to make her happen like they are with Franco.

Silas is the best, which does not actually mean that much considering how bad the other 2 are. He's boring and I don't give a damn about him, but he's still better than the other OLers.

by Anonymousreply 44401/11/2014

KA/Kiki's new dye job/hairstyle looks like it belongs on another actress. Is it me or does she look chubbier lately?The costume designers have been dressing her differently from Starr to quite a disastrous effect.Oddly enough though KA still looks better than Kim Mc(Robin)However that is like saying that heroin is better for you than cocaine.....

If Cartini had their druthers they would have Todd back as their FrankenTodd has been an utter failure.James Franco was pure camp and that fit the bill perfectly for whatever he was attempting to do.It wasn't perfect but it is a helluva lot better than watching RH quickly destroy his career.

I find Silas far more boring than John.There seems to be no there there. Easton had more of an edge as McBain, Silas is far more of a dullard.He had far more chemistry with Monaco when he was McBain. I even think he played the odious vampire(during the ill conceived vamp storyline on GH) better than he plays Silas.Clay's back story that tied him to the "vamp Clay" was decently done but the actual plot and characterization of Silas have been rather wanting.

by Anonymousreply 44501/11/2014

Sean Kanan just tweeted something...thanking fans, etc. Looks like he's gone. So many more deserving.

by Anonymousreply 44601/11/2014

Maybe KA looks chubbier because she got implants?

by Anonymousreply 44701/11/2014

My favorite character that ME has played so far has been the vampire. He was so hot and physically looked the best. I wish they could find a way to revamp him. BTW what is with ME's hair? He looks awful. In fact he looks downright ill. Maybe he's tired. I think he and his wife have a new baby but still...

As for RH, it was bad enough to see his poor acting over the past > decade as Todd. As Franco OY!

by Anonymousreply 44801/11/2014

Here is the difference. Laura was always a fucked up girl. There was never not a time that we didn't know that Laura was fucked in the head. Forgiving her rapist, fucking her rapist, it was all in character. No surprises because Laura was always portrayed as damaged. It was fans who turned Luke and Laura into something that they were not, which TG rages on and on about. Rightly so. Luke Spencer was never a hero.

by Anonymousreply 44901/11/2014

I thought McBain and Sam had so much chemistry. I liked them together. Silas and Sam? Nothing. No chem. A total snoozefest. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 45001/11/2014

Who do I have to blow to get a makeout scene with Nathan and Lucas?

by Anonymousreply 45101/11/2014

Any truth to the rumor that they're planning a GH spinoff, "Virgin Nurses of Port Chuck"?

by Anonymousreply 45201/11/2014

I think you might not have to wait too long R451.

I have a feeling Lucas will be paired with a far hotter man than Felix or Brad.

by Anonymousreply 45301/11/2014

Ron already said Lucas will interact with Felix and Brad.

by Anonymousreply 45401/11/2014

R452 No darling Annie got her cherry popped a long,long time ago! Oh and all the nurses seem to be getting laid at GH. Perhaps a new series replacing Katie that will be called Virgin Hospital will suffice. Look it's gotta be more entertaining than the adventures of the Llanview 3....

by Anonymousreply 45501/11/2014

R434 Rumor has it Michelle Stafford...

by Anonymousreply 45601/12/2014

[quote] Rumor has it Michelle Stafford

Is a cunt and a Scientologist?

by Anonymousreply 45701/12/2014

r450, it's because of what has been said on this thread many times - it truly is about character. Just because two actors work well in one story/show, doesn't mean it's going to be repeated with them as two different (or, in this case, one different) character. Sam's damaged and criminal history led her to eventually find a redemptive and regenerating romance with a cop - in a sense, it was written before it even happened. Where to go after her dysfunctional pairing with hitman/killer Jason? FBI agent/cop John McBain was the next step in her character evolution after years of suffering because of her association with the fringe element. John was a delicious and brilliant "FU" to all those years of this show strangled by its misguided adoration and blind devotion to Jason. The writers and the actors worked with that, and their was a dramatic point to the new chapter in Sam's life.

A doctor with a mysterious and shady past doesn't have offer any of the potential/conflict that John and Sam's relationship would have had. No matter how great ME and KM work and look together, the pairing of Silas and Sam is reliant on immediate soap cliche obstacles to make them work. There's really no future for these characters. FV and RC know it but they won't admit it.

I would readily accept a sudden rewrite and accept John and Todd back if it means I have to sit through these Silas and Franco stories being shoved down my throat. To bring Todd and John back on the canvas after all this time could shred any credibility this show is desperately trying to maintain, but they've already done it once, so why not accept it again if it means getting these characters back on track with stories that will contribute to the continuing development of a 50 year old show?

Golden rule #1 - write for THE SHOW, and not one's own personal agenda.

by Anonymousreply 45801/12/2014

Yes R457,she's both. Major scio and a major bitch behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 45901/12/2014

Stafford gets along very well with Valentini, too bad he's not straight or MS for that matter.She'd be straight for pay for him!She's not only a raging cunt, she's a clam and a dyke. What a glorious combination I must say.

By the end of 2014 I wouldn't be surprised to see either Stafford or Sharon Case on GH. Let the invasion of the clams begin. Oh I wonder what they would think of the "Misscabbage" insane asylum that Heather escaped from.

by Anonymousreply 46001/12/2014

[quote] Golden rule #1 - write for THE SHOW, and not one's own personal agenda.

A rule Ron avoids every day.

by Anonymousreply 46101/12/2014

R460, I don't see MS going to GH. Hasn't she said she's done with soaps? Besides she's kinda long in the tooth to start over on another show. She's also way OTT when she acts. I'd hate to see her ON GH.

by Anonymousreply 46201/12/2014

MS quit for the same reason Billy Miller, Ronn Moss, and ol' Peter Reckell quit.

Nobody's paying as much as any of those bitches earned in the 80s and 90s, and they decided the proportions of dollars to bullshit was no longer in their favor.

by Anonymousreply 46301/12/2014

Could GH even afford Michelle Stafford? She doesn't come cheap and she was doing very well over at YR. Even when they free up some of the Tony Geary money, they will have to find a little bit more to pay Michelle, so someone will have to go. I would recommend 3 or 4 of the $1000 an episode characters.

by Anonymousreply 46401/12/2014

That's my point, R464. These folks all thought they were the shit, and they were certainly all popular with fans, but not enough to command the big salaries.

Zero bodies are checking for Peter Reckell and Ronn Moss. They gambled and they lost, moneywise.

by Anonymousreply 46501/12/2014

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 46601/13/2014

The actor playing Caahlosssss,is he really Hispanic? He sounds like Bernardo in a bus and truck non union WEST SIDE STORY.

by Anonymousreply 46701/13/2014

Jeffrey Vincent Parise. He's not. Just looked him up. Is he Annie Parise's brother?

by Anonymousreply 46801/13/2014

I could see Sharon leaving Y&R to reprise a not-so dead Dawn on GH.

It'd fit, there' be flashbacks and more work for Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 46901/13/2014

R468 No, he's Parise, Annie is Parisse. Different spellings.

by Anonymousreply 47001/13/2014

Strong rumors are starting to swirl that Roger Howarth will be taking the out in his contract and leaving, or at least taking a break from the show.

by Anonymousreply 47101/14/2014

We should be so lucky. Unfortunately if you're talking about the drop from a supposed insider on a board that isn't exactly a reliable source of info all it said was that RH was negotiating an out with FV. It didn't say anything about him leaving or taking any sort of extended break from the show. The out, if it's even true, could be nothing more than having an offer for a couple more episodes of Californication or some other bit part. I'd hardly call that strong rumors swirling.

by Anonymousreply 47201/14/2014

Ronn Moss has got to be the worst actor ever in daytime. With the possible exception of Pete from Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 47301/14/2014

Speaking of the guy who plays Carlos, have you guys seen what he actually looks like when he's not on GH? He looks nice, a lot better than he does on the show. Here he is clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 47401/14/2014

One more of Carlossss. Why don't they let him look cute on the show?

by Anonymousreply 47501/14/2014

New promo. Ryan Carnes is back as Lucas, and he looks stunning.

by Anonymousreply 47601/14/2014

R473 Drake Hogestyn from Days is just as bad as Moss is. Sharon Case is not a good actress but she is nice to look at and likes to play psychos and Ron likes to write them.They can make Dawn an absolute nut. I think Dawn/CAse is coming back after Sony cans that clam from Young and Restless.

If Frank needs too he can up the budget a bit to get Case or Stafford on. He's cut and budget considerably AND just remember that ABC owns the show,they shoot at ABC studios so it is not like the situation SOny has with NBC and CBS with their soaps or the Bells with CBS.

by Anonymousreply 47701/14/2014

Ah, good point. I had forgotten about Hogestyn. "Doc..Doc." Ugh. Nice hairy chest though.

by Anonymousreply 47801/14/2014

Drake was hot when he was younger but is now old AND boring.

He's the Kevin Costner of daytime.

by Anonymousreply 47901/14/2014

Because of the incessant primetime I was unable to inform all her legions of fans here on DL that none other than the sexy, sultry portrayer of Kiki was live twatting at 2 pm pacific time. Yes, bitches, you missed your chance to express your adoration of Kristen Alderson. Fucking primetime bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 48001/14/2014

Kiki's twat is live, no doubt. With an abundance of yeast cultures.

by Anonymousreply 48101/14/2014

Has anyone seen the web series "Tainted Dreams?" I really enjoyed it. I'd suggest someone start a thread for it, but I'd be afraid it wound get deleted.

by Anonymousreply 48201/14/2014

I saw Tainted Dreams. The budget looks like it was about $5. And Natalia Livingston still cannot act to save her life.

by Anonymousreply 48301/14/2014

But Grant Aleksander and his enormous cock are in it.

by Anonymousreply 48401/14/2014

So did TG agree to take less?

by Anonymousreply 48501/14/2014

Tainted Dreams has more stars than the night sky!

by Anonymousreply 48601/14/2014

r481, is that kind of crass cruelty really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 48701/14/2014

I loved that scene between Felix and Brad today. I liked how Brad called Felix out on the floor for being a self-righteous buttinsky.

by Anonymousreply 48801/14/2014

Larkin Malloy is on Tainted Dreams too.

by Anonymousreply 48901/14/2014

Awfully good to see Kelly Menighan-Hensley again.

by Anonymousreply 49001/14/2014

Grant Aleksander still has a rockin' bod.

by Anonymousreply 49101/14/2014

I'm always available ...

by Anonymousreply 49201/14/2014

So am I!

by Anonymousreply 49301/14/2014

R492 She can play Nina.

by Anonymousreply 49401/14/2014

Kelly Sullivan has returned to the set to film some new scenes revealing what happened on the night of her murder, which means RC has done another rewrite.

Kanan is on his way out. Does this mean AJ did kill Connie after all?

Rumours about the upcoming Cassadine story: someone is duplicating Mikkos Cassadine's diamond formula. The whole town will be drawn into this new plot.

Rumours about Nina Clay: Silas wasn't the only one cheating in their marriage - Nina had a lover too: Franco.

by Anonymousreply 49501/14/2014

Oh for the love of.... Kanan out, more convoluted Franco b.s. If A.J. is going to be the killer after all, I assume that means Ava will be sticking around. That is a good thing, but losing Kanan is not. Why couldn't it be Stumpy leaving? And taking Whorely with him. WHYYYYYYYY?

by Anonymousreply 49601/15/2014

I cant watch everyday. Its more fun to dvr and watch all week in one shot on friday afternoon. With a big ass bottle of wine.

by Anonymousreply 49701/15/2014

R487 Cruelty? I was being kind and generous.

I don't believe in cruelty to livestock.

by Anonymousreply 49801/15/2014

Nina = Florencia Lozano

by Anonymousreply 49901/15/2014

r499 - I bet you're right.

The Kanan mess is a major fail on RC and FV's part. They brought AJ back to fill a gap left by Jason and threaten the hold Sonny and Jason had on this town for over a decade by shoving a brutal truth back in their faces. When he held back, Kanan supplied a masculine presence on this show that is sorely lacking. When they gave him the right material, Kanan did great - especially with Laura Wright. Liz and AJ didn't work, but Carly and AJ were always FUN in a scene and their history demanded this unexpected pairing. But FV and RC's 180 on Sonny (who was initially backburnered and is now back in the adoring spotlight) and their unreasonable self-destructive obsession with RH leaves Kanan/AJ out in the cold once again. I'm very disappointed they ended up going this route.

by Anonymousreply 50001/15/2014

Supposedly Sean Kanan's last day taping was yesterday. Can't believe they'd dump him. They could've done so much with him. I was hoping for a pairing with Carly.

by Anonymousreply 50101/15/2014

All I can figure is that Kanan is having substance abuse issues again. It made no sense the way he and his storyline just came to a screeching halt after Connie's murder. Audience response was very positive to him, RC wrote a lot for him, they chem-tested him with a number of women and then ... nothing. The only thing that makes sense is that he's out of control again, just as he was on previous soap sets.

by Anonymousreply 50201/15/2014

SK's exit will essentially kill off the Quartermaines again.

Sounds like they're going to make the Cassidines the new Quartermaines.

by Anonymousreply 50301/15/2014

It's the last draw for me I haven't watched in days and haven't missed it. When I started watching GH again last year it looked like it was getting back on track after a decade of it being awful. Jason being gone was encouraging. Now Sonny and Franco are front and center and absolutely unwatchable. AJ and Scorpio gone has cemented it. Instead of more Qs and Scorpios, we're back to Sopranos Lite. Bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 50401/15/2014

Yeah, you know with AJ gone we'll see Monica pretty much never, and Tracy already hasn't been on in about a month. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 50501/15/2014

I haven't heard that SK was out of control. More that he was a casualty of RC's ADD regarding stories. Steve Burton stayed away despite FV's attempts to woo him back and then GH lost the character of Todd. After that RC made reestablishing "Franco" as a priority. Big mistake. Neither Todd nor Franco has the history or power on the canvas as AJ Quartermaine. They also apparently weren't happy about his weight.

It's a big loss if true.

by Anonymousreply 50601/15/2014

r500, the true lapse by RC is that those AJ and Carly scenes last spring were only seen as a stopgap when they lost Roger Howarth.

RC wanted Carly and Todd vs. AJ with Todd as Carly's "hero". When he lost Todd he tossed AJ over the side for nuFranco, because his pride couldn't handle losing RH. Carlivati doesn't care about spontaneous chemistry or history, only his grand design.

RH is not very happy as Franco and is looking to take "time off".

by Anonymousreply 50701/15/2014

They really fail to see something good when it's right in front of them.

They blew it with AJ/Carly and they they blew it with Robert Scorpio.

I think it's FV's arrogant attitude of "if I don't want to see it, I won't. And it's only what I see that counts."

by Anonymousreply 50801/15/2014

Sean is fine ...

by Anonymousreply 50901/15/2014

R508 Does that mean we get Michelle Stafford one week on three weeks off then? Better yet they snatch Sharon Case and she shows up as often as AJ this time around and the casting of Dawn was for naught.I can see Ron and Frank going for a massive shock casting like those two and than fucking it up to the nth degree.

With Victor and Stefan Cassadine coming back (and the next generation as well) the Cassadines seem to be a cornerstone of the show again.The return of the WSB again,a power struggle for the Cassadine fortune and Luke's reaction to it all it should be fun. Anything that gets away from the mob action is a plus. I love Ava and nu Julian but I hate their Guzaesque storyline.I would much rather have the Qs and the Cassadines be at the center of things than the Corinthos/Jerome clans.

by Anonymousreply 51001/15/2014

AJ and Carly have much more chemistry than Carly and Franco. And they have the history to make them a compelling couple.

I'm really disappointed with the shoddy treatment Sean's gotten since returning. They could have played up a AJ-Franco sibling rivalry type thing, but I don't think AJ and Franco shared more than a handful of scenes.

Very bad decision letting Sean go. As has been said, it also means fewer Qs on screen, so less air time for the ones we've still got.

by Anonymousreply 51101/15/2014

A.J. also had good chemistry with Michael, much, much moreso than Michael and Sonny had. Michael in with the Qs were also very watchable, great energy. Kanan and Buchanan even played well off each other.

Until he imbecilic Pickle Lila slapdown at the OLTL online team, and the introduction of Howarth as Franco just wiped all that away.

Poor Michael has been given nothing to do.

Shame if Kanan is indeed gone.

by Anonymousreply 51201/15/2014

AJ's return was so promising for the first few months (minus the Pickle Lila nonsense), then Ron got his OLTL pets back and suddenly it was the Franco, Kiki and Silas show and AJ had little story and was eventually locked up off screen for murder for weeks and weeks and even now we rarely see him and when we do, it's just showing how much of a loser alcoholic he is.

As for Robert Scorpio, well, what is there to say about him? He's NEVER on and they do nothing with him, yet Ron has the nerve to act shocked that Tristan bolted to another network with a contract. Oh, but they had a "huge" story for Robert during sweeps. I bet. Probably 3 whole appearances!

by Anonymousreply 51301/15/2014

I loved Michael with AJ. With Sonny? Hate. I can't stand to watch Michael now. Only AJ made him tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 51401/15/2014

Carly blamed AJ for the death of her baby. She never would have hooked up with AJ voluntarily, any more than she would be with Franco either.

Carly should have been plotting AJ's destruction all along. That would have been a good story.

by Anonymousreply 51501/15/2014

[quote] All I can figure is that Kanan is having substance abuse issues again.

I think Kanan's political views might have played a role, too. He's been very visible on social media with some rather far right views.

I'm not suggesting he should go on that basis, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if that played a part.

The other thing, quite frankly, is that Carlivati is almost exactly like David Kreizman, who used to write for GL and AMC. It's all the intro of the story, and some of the intros are interesting. But there's no pacing, no follow up, and it's not planned or executed well past the initial month or so.

GH is addicted to the big BOOM! story reveals, but has no idea how to give any of their characters sustainable lives. To resurrect AJ for the shit he's having to go through now is one of the stupidest things Cartini has done in their time at GH thus far.

by Anonymousreply 51601/15/2014

You can't walk a block in soap opera circles without tripping over a fundie or a right winger, many of whom are beloved DL daytime icons. SK's politics are no more unusual than anyone else's in that world. I don't care about his personal politics, I only care about his character and his talent. Neither should RC/FV. But I also don't think their dropping AJ is about that, it's about their prideful compulsion to not be undone by the return of OLTL sans their brain trust by bringing all 3 actors back AGAIN. It could also have to do with his packing on the pounds.

To be honest while those 2 online revivals on Hulu were far from perfect it only makes me appreciate what they got right that much more. Unfettered by the fixations that seem to hound this creative team, especially at AMC. They didn't focus on gotcha moments or PLOT PLOT PLOT or personal vendettas (they left that to their bosses), they just wrote old fashioned soaps and let me watch Sleestak go off on Clint or Angie scream at God. Not always thrilling but it was back to basics.

by Anonymousreply 51701/15/2014

Agreed R517.

AMC was really close to getting back to a 70s/80s level of just good, soapy basics. Shame they ended so soon.

by Anonymousreply 51801/15/2014

I agree AMC was great. I thought the new OLTL had its issues and was more weighted with baggage from its cliffhanger on ABC, but it looked amazing and was pulling it together by the end. They put ES and JVD up front and the young stars were very good. They canned Thom Racina but the slow revelation that Viki's star reporter and surrogate son, Corbin Bleu, was a mole for the bad guys was obviously something straight from his bible.

RC is about to ape Racina again on GH with the upcoming business with Thaao Penghlis, the WSB and the Ice Princess formula which is supposed to be encoded in Franco's paintings.

by Anonymousreply 51901/15/2014

R513 Tristan's last appearance is the day Thaao comes back on. Ron did feign surprise though with the upcoming Cassadine resurgence storyline Robert might have been upped to 6 appearances!With the WSB, Victor Cassadine, Faison and Legion of doom angle Tristan would have been involved for sure though Ron and Frank have a way of fucking up when it comes to these things. Best example of their tenure is how Sean K got fucked over. SK was unused,misused and missing for stretches. They basically pulled him away from the CBS/Bell half hour snoozefest for what end? To make Sonny look good and AJ look like a chump?

by Anonymousreply 52001/15/2014

Why can't writers write for the character of AJ or the Quartermaines. Poor Bob Guza got battered daily about the lack of Quartermaines. Golden boys Cartini get a pass. What's wrong with the Quartermaines? Why isn't AJ front and center?

by Anonymousreply 52101/15/2014

2 days until Lucas returns. How many days until Ron ruins him? I give it 3. At least Ryan Carnes will be nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 52201/15/2014

Lucas fucks Brad while Brad is "on a break" from Felix after their blow-up the other day. Did anyone realize Brad and Felix were dating? I didn't. Brad is cute but Carnes is out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 52301/15/2014

I was laughing at Felix yammering on yesterday about the insurmountable obstacles he and Brad faced like huh? I didn't realize they were really dating either. They're never kissed or anything. The "pairing" went nowhere as usual with Ron's couples.

I have no interest in seeing Lucas with Felix or Brad because there's no investment or real writing for either of them. Brad is just the recurring gay lab tech and sometimes Britt's henchman. Felix is nobody outside of Sabrina's hand holder and sounding board. What a waste if Lucas is wasted on them. I do think Lucas will be with Felix and not Brad, assuming he gets a love interest at all.

The only man on this show who is in Ryan Carnes' league is the guy who plays Nathan. Now that would be a pairing worth tuning in for. Won't happen though, because he's clearly either for Maxie or Lulu (they had no chemistry today, by the way).

by Anonymousreply 52401/15/2014

The problem is they introduced Brad as a throwaway character, the creepy gay guy who pervs on Felix, who prefers str8 men, and then decided all they needed to do to flesh him out was have one day of scenes where Brad moaned about his childhood.

All of a sudden they were frantically trying to address viewer complaints. Felix started claiming he had never lusted after Milo, only "admired" him. Brad and Felix bonded after one day of talking and were suddenly on the romance track after months of loathing. It's plot points, not characters.

I agree Lucas is probably intended for Felix in the longer run and not Brad just like Nathan is for Maxie and not Lulu. But it's all so predictable and mechanical. They're not telling a story with characters. They're making an imitation of one.

by Anonymousreply 52501/15/2014

I bet the Lucas/Felix relationship will mostly consist of Felix telling Lucas about Sabrina's problems and every detail of her life. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 52601/15/2014

Shit. This show is unwatchable again. When the ratings go down again they will blame it on the genre again when in fact it's the bad writing and lack of commitment to the characters.

by Anonymousreply 52701/15/2014

r515, if Carly can fall in love with the man responsible for her son's rape, she can overlook someone killing her baby.

RC has destroyed the credibility of Carly's character with this Franco romance.

by Anonymousreply 52801/15/2014

I am amazed at how many here like SK's portrayal of AJ. AJ is just as dead-eyed and wooden as Jason. BW's AJ is missed but not this soulless creature played by SK. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 52901/15/2014

If they canned the OLTL 3 and possibly Sabrina tomorrow and recommitted to a few people like Kanan they could turn it around. But knowing these two that will take at least another 6 months to begin to acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 53001/15/2014

Carly lost credibility a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 53101/15/2014

SK is Larry Olivier compared to 90 percent of the people on GH. Adding insult to injury, Ron obsesses over characters/actors (Llanview 3) that most GH watchers don't give a shit about.Bringing the Qs into the center stage should have been of the utmost importance to this soap instead we get a shitty mob war.

The writing/plotting etc so on has been bad for quite some time. The fact that TPTB brought back old time faves have had renewed interest in the show. I can't lie GH has been far more fun than the CBS soaps and Days(though Days is more consistent and not as ADHD as GH)but Ron can't seem to stick with a storyline. Yes Ron and Frank have reacted to different problems happening on set but every soap does. At least they don't have a randy, arrogant actor squeezing the breast of a younger actress.

by Anonymousreply 53201/16/2014

r532, now don't you start picking on poor Michael - he's the victim in all that.

by Anonymousreply 53301/16/2014

Cartooni cannot write anything but plot, but that is overlooked when his overrated ass is fawned upon by most fans. Throwing in the vets 15 minutes every two weeks is laughable. This is the same exact pattern he followed at OLTL and precisely why the show fell apart after 2009.

by Anonymousreply 53401/16/2014

I have to say that I enjoyed AJ and Michael's relationship. Too bad. I do agree that this show is headed for sucksville again.

by Anonymousreply 53501/16/2014

R533 I only like Michael's interaction with AJ. Not with Kinki, not Shorty the Mob boss or Morgan the man who couldn't act!AJ and M had real chemistry together it's too bad Ron has a Jerome/Frank Smith/Corinthos jones going on.

R535 With the imminent introduction of the new Cassadines coming up we won't be subjected to mob central every ten seconds. I can't imagine it getting worse than it has been.As long as the Shorty/Model Morgan/AJ's son Michael dynamic/Mob war crap is muted.

by Anonymousreply 53601/16/2014

They're bringing Shirley Jones on for this crap?

by Anonymousreply 53801/16/2014

I don't know where people are getting the idea that the Cassadines are becoming a leading family in town. It will be like it was under Guza - the Cassadines will only be filler in between the mob stories.

Those Scott-Franco scenes yesterday were really bad.

by Anonymousreply 53901/16/2014

I agree, the Scott- Franco scenes were hideous and uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 54001/16/2014

R538 Are you surprised? The Grey's Anatomy guest star is coming on for scenes with Franco.

by Anonymousreply 54101/16/2014

Time to start thinking about a title for the next thread. Do you all want to stay with a Robin Mattson title? Think that would still work?

by Anonymousreply 54201/16/2014

TC said that Stefan is not returning. I would guess that means Laura is not either.

by Anonymousreply 54301/16/2014

My vote is yes. I think staying with Robin Mattson is best. Maybe just change it to "Robin Mattson's old, old cooking show, Wasn't it on Food Network?"

by Anonymousreply 54401/16/2014

R544. Agree. I was going for something like. "Anyone have Robin Mattson's TV recipe for braised short ribs? " But I think our" help! I need a recipe for pickle relish "may have been as far as we could go! I do like your suggestion for thread title.

by Anonymousreply 54501/16/2014

Mama Partridge Goes To The Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 54601/17/2014

Brad and Lucas have sex soon. Come on! Lucas is so far out of his league that it's not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 54701/17/2014

What do we know about the guy who plays Nathan? Gay? Straight?

by Anonymousreply 54801/17/2014

Crazy rumours about Shirley Jones character. She first appears as a widow who visits the PCPD to tell them she saw something strange while visiting her husband's grave. But rumours have her character turning out to be the mastermind behind a criminal organization who had an affair with Victor Cassadine years ago that produced a daughter, who will be none other than Nina Clay, Silas's comatose wife. Jones' character wants revenge on Silas.

(Strange irony: Jones played the mother of Drake Hogsetyn's character on DOOL, the product of an affair she had with Stefano DiMera's father; Thaoo Penghlis' Tony DiMera, Stefano's son, was Drake's peer).

There are still plans to bring on Silas' younger brother, tentatively named Justin.

Other rumours have AJ make one last self-destructive act before leaving town: attempting to kill Sonny, which will be prevented by Michael. Hope this isn't true.

There are still plans for Lulu to lose her mind and be committed to Shadybrook.

by Anonymousreply 54901/17/2014

McSilas having a younger brother? How ORIGINAL for Cartooni. Old man Easton was on OLTL for 8 years, and every desperate attempt to make his character relevant or connected was more laughable with each passing year. McSilas WILL happen just like FrankenTodd WILL happen.

by Anonymousreply 55001/17/2014

I bet Nathan is Silas's son that Nina had while in a coma (c section or something) and Silas never knew about.

by Anonymousreply 55101/17/2014

MB was cringeworthy in his scenes with Julian and Ava today. He embarrasses himself when he tries to come off bad-ass and clever.

by Anonymousreply 55201/17/2014

So does AJ remember seeing Ava at the office ... or could it possibly be Heather? She had a strange reaction to the mention of Connie's murder the other day. And considering Connie's murder with the "AJ" smeared in blood was an "homage" to the Diana Taylor murder, I've been thinking ...

by Anonymousreply 55301/17/2014

R552 I can't remember the last time he wasn't cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 55401/17/2014

R537 Victor, "Victor's wife" and Stefan were not the only planned Cassadines coming on. Nina, Kailey and possibly Valentin for starters are supposed to show up. As I've said before the older Casadines are serving as a prelude for the nest generation of Cassadines.Then again Ron supposedly wants to bring back Stavros and Helena.He should really bring back Alex Q at this point no?

R530 With all the young Cassadines coming on , Ron and Frank might make them part of the Mob story as well!

Where is all the love for Hutch? If Ron is going that far back in terms of old timers he should have Hutch come back in town with rose Kelly in tow! Oh and Annie Logan is his side piece....

by Anonymousreply 55501/17/2014

R543 Who is TC? The frozen Tony Cassadine?!

by Anonymousreply 55601/17/2014

R556 Tyler Christopher AKA Nik

by Anonymousreply 55701/17/2014

Ryan Carnes is still as hot as ever. I wonder if Lucas will top or bottom with Brad.

by Anonymousreply 55801/17/2014

R557 Thanks. Where did Tyler say this about SN?I always liked the interplay between Prince Nik and Stefan.Nik has been looking good lately and I like him with Britta.

by Anonymousreply 55901/17/2014

[quote] There are still plans for Lulu to lose her mind and be committed to Shadybrook.

What is it with Ron Carlivati and women who are mentally ill? He goes to that well SO often, and he treats it as a joke most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 56001/17/2014

I meant:As I've said before the older Cassadines are serving as a prelude to the next generation of Cassadines.

by Anonymousreply 56101/17/2014

Frank says that huge casting news is coming.

by Anonymousreply 56201/17/2014

r560, haven't you learned by now that Ron just repeats his own stories over and over? Lulu will become this show's Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 56301/17/2014

If they unfreeze Alexandra Q, she would only be in her late 20s. So, she could help repopulate the Q mansion.

An unfrozen Tony Cassadine would only be in his late 20s/early 30s as well. So Nikolas would be older than his uncle.

Don't know if they could pull off Nathan being the unknown son of Silas and Nina Clay. They've already established that Silas was having the affair with Ava at the time Nina went into the come. Kiki was born shortly after that. If Nathan was born via C-section to a comatose Nina, that would make Kiki and Nathan the same age. Kiki's already established as being 21. Don't think they could get away with claiming Nathan is 21.

by Anonymousreply 56401/17/2014

[quote]Frank says that huge casting news is coming.

It's Donna Mills. No character details as of yet.

by Anonymousreply 56501/17/2014

Can't A.J. not just "try" to kill Stumpy? Kill the mumbling, shuffling piece of shit already! Nathan looks so much like an adult version of Rafe, he should be somehow related. As much as I love Donna Mills, this just sounds like stunt casting rather than something that will be advantageous to GH in the long run. Why can't RC and FV use the probably sizable sum they will be paying her, get rid of some of the dead weight, and bring back Genie, Tristan when he's available again, or Emma for longer than an episode or two? The only positive thing I can say about the regime is that they have so far refused to listen to the whining frau brigade on FB. They want Ava and Heather gone and the return of the Borg. Oh, and of course they just loooooooooove Kristen!

by Anonymousreply 56601/17/2014

R564 Do you honestly think Ron cares about ages? This is the same man who made Dani older than Jack on OLTL, despite the fact that Jack was involved in the story that led to Dani's conception.

by Anonymousreply 56701/17/2014

Uh, that's just how we roll.

by Anonymousreply 56801/17/2014

Rumor has it that Donna will be nuHelena.

by Anonymousreply 56901/17/2014

EW says its a new role. But she would fit a recast Helena.

No money for Genie or Robert and they do this?

by Anonymousreply 57001/17/2014

[quote]What is it with Ron Carlivati and women who are mentally ill? He goes to that well SO often, and he treats it as a joke most of the time.

It's not just women. He loves his crazies and cartoon villains of either sex. He's just not a very creative writer and tends to go back to the same formula again and again. In his 3 years with OLTL I can think of at least 6 flat out murderous psychos and a few more who were on and off crazy. That seems to be his favorite "go to" storyline.

by Anonymousreply 57101/17/2014

Donna Mill's mystery character is a woman named Iris. Only those of you over 50 will get the irony of the name.

by Anonymousreply 57201/17/2014

Lucas Jones looks fine as hell. They're seriously hooking him up with creepy Brad? Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 57301/17/2014

I'm thinking Donna Mills' character will be Nina's mother/Victor's ex-lover. Shirley Jones is too old for that role. Maybe she's Nina's grandmother and Donna Mills is her daughter.

Iris ... at least RC does his homework; not that that really means anything in the end.

by Anonymousreply 57401/18/2014

Been done ... with no success.

by Anonymousreply 57501/18/2014

R574 Donna Mills is 73,5 years older than Penghlis but she looks damn good for her age. Unlike fellow lesbian,Susan Flannery, she kept her figure and didn't turn into the stereotype of a fat old ugly dyke.

Shirley Jones is 79 but looks good for a near 80 year old.

GH characters like Frisco,AJ,Scorpio etc so on are treated liked doggy do and here comes Donna Mills...Ron and Frank are really missing the boat on their fan faves.

by Anonymousreply 57601/18/2014

[quote]It's Donna Mills. No character details as of yet.

Oh, hellllll no.

by Anonymousreply 57701/18/2014

I'm sure people like Jane Elliott, Leslie Charleson, and Nancy Grahn are loving this. They barely get 2 minutes of airtime a month, and the show brings in Shirley Jones and Donna Mills.

by Anonymousreply 57801/18/2014

Ms. Mills' first scenes will be with Michael Easton and Kelly Monaco. She will then promptly sprint from the GH studios in utter fright.

by Anonymousreply 57901/18/2014

R577 LOL! I always love when Constance appears.

by Anonymousreply 58001/18/2014

The GF website is hinting at a return to either Y&R or GH to be announced soon.

Would she go back to Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 58101/18/2014

Y&R would make sense storywise for Genie, but she supposedly doesn't have a great relationship with JFP.

by Anonymousreply 58201/18/2014

What site is that?

by Anonymousreply 58301/18/2014

R583, it's right there in R581's post. The GF website. GF is Genie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 58401/18/2014

Has a new thread title been decided on yet?

by Anonymousreply 58501/18/2014

Shall we try.

Robin Mattson's old,old cooking show. Any favorite recipes?

Better ideas?

by Anonymousreply 58601/18/2014

That works for me R586. Please post a link if someone starts that.

by Anonymousreply 58701/18/2014

Just put it out there R587

by Anonymousreply 58801/18/2014

link the new thread

by Anonymousreply 58901/18/2014

Thanks R589!

by Anonymousreply 59001/18/2014

Not a fan of Heather's.

by Anonymousreply 59101/18/2014

I wish Carly would leave town and take 'mumbles shoe polish haired Mafia short stack stumpy' with her.. and while she's at it, take Olivia too.

by Anonymousreply 59201/19/2014

New thread link in R589 post ^

by Anonymousreply 59301/19/2014

If Robin's threads get deleted, there is still a "Ryan Carnes returns to soaps" thread with only 3 replys on it. Just in case . . .

by Anonymousreply 59401/19/2014

R594, as usual search isn't working, at least not on my computer. Do you have a link for that thread, just in case?

by Anonymousreply 59501/19/2014

Look up at R589 for the new thread, R595. It's right in your face.

by Anonymousreply 59601/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 59701/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 59801/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 59901/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 60001/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!