Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Quivers

Any update on her health crisis? It stricks me as odd that there is such a media blackout

by Anonymousreply 32402/21/2015

*bump* I'd also like to know.

by Anonymousreply 105/31/2012

No news.

For whatever reason, she doesn't want anyone to know about this.

Not even her co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 205/31/2012

That's some blackout -- first Ive heard about it

by Anonymousreply 305/31/2012

What health crisis? What was said?

by Anonymousreply 405/31/2012

I heard she was going in for a "procedure," but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 505/31/2012

I'm assuming that she had to have a hysterectomy.

by Anonymousreply 605/31/2012

Read this, r4.

by Anonymousreply 705/31/2012

Not worried at all...

by Anonymousreply 906/01/2012

wow, that sounds bad. Howard knows. He's already speaking of her in past tense.

by Anonymousreply 1006/01/2012

Any updates on Robin?

by Anonymousreply 1106/01/2012

What she got?

by Anonymousreply 1206/01/2012

I'm not a Howard fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I find his loyalty to her touching. And honestly, he seems fairly decent, if gross.

by Anonymousreply 1306/01/2012

She couldn't pee, she had a growth, so they installed a pee bag and she was having surgery last week. So I'm guessing they removed her blatter.

by Anonymousreply 1406/01/2012

blatter = bladder

by Anonymousreply 1606/01/2012

I am she is in bad shape;(

by Anonymousreply 1706/01/2012

But Shamrock Shakes!

by Anonymousreply 1906/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 2006/02/2012

R20, you are why the Internet exists.

by Anonymousreply 2106/02/2012

Bag o' urine!! Bag o' urine!! Can I interest anyone in a free bag of urine?

by Anonymousreply 2406/02/2012

She's back on the show Monday. She never said that it would have any kind of long term affect, but did call the procedure "barbaric". Robin has been critical of western medicine for years.

by Anonymousreply 2506/02/2012

Seems like she's just fine.

Wonder if she wanted some extra attention?

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2012

R26, I'm not sure that I'd agree that she's fine. She hasn't been in to the studio since the operation and has been calling in each day so she can work from home.

She decided she didn't want to talk about what exactly is wrong and Howard has respected that. I don't get to hear every minute of the show, but I think he's stopped making jokes about her urine collection bag and whatever else he was kidding her about.

So for now we still don't know what was wrong or how serious this is.

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2012

I don't like it, whatever it is. Howard seems worried and that makes me worry.

Damn he's a good interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2012

during the NY edition of America's Got Talent, Robin was in the audience, right behind Howard's parents.

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2012

True R29. Those of us that listen to his show know those NYC auditions were filmed in either April or May which was a few weeks before she discovered that she had the urine blockage.

by Anonymousreply 3006/22/2012

I love Robin, and I love how Howard loves Robin. I hope she feels good soon!

by Anonymousreply 3106/22/2012

For those that aren't able to get Howard on Sirius/XM, attached is a snippet of Howard talking about Robin on the day of her surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3206/22/2012

Perhaps she shouldn't have a "barbaric" procedure if she feels that strongly about it.

by Anonymousreply 3306/22/2012

Bet she's not laughing now.

by Anonymousreply 3406/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 3506/25/2012

[quote]I dont know how she can be so positive. I would pee my pants.

No you wouldn't because YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PEE! Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 3606/25/2012

Anyone know WTF is going on with her?

From what I hear Robin is still broadcasting from her house.

by Anonymousreply 3708/06/2012

She's fat.

by Anonymousreply 3808/06/2012

where can you listen to old Stern shows online?

by Anonymousreply 3908/06/2012

I didn't realize she's been doing the show from home. But, I have noticed that her voice seems off, like fragile. I love the show and love Robin. I am worried about her health now. Has anything been said of her results?

by Anonymousreply 4008/06/2012

Seems like a complete media blackout on the subject of Robin's health. Worries me a bit.

I assume that she now has a "bag". Can't blame her for not wanting to talk bout it

by Anonymousreply 4108/06/2012

I love Robin. Hope she gets better.

by Anonymousreply 4208/06/2012

I have Howard TV on Demand. There were a few shows about a month ago when she was in the studio (and she looked well, albeit thinner) and not a big deal was made of it. She quickly went back to doing the show from home.

by Anonymousreply 4308/07/2012

Thanks for that R43. As a listener it's so hard to tell whether she is in studio or not because they never say anything about it anymore. Sometimes the guests acknowledge her and I can't tell if it's because they see her in her booth, or if they are just speaking to her because they know she's wired in online.

When she's working from home, do they have it set up so that she can see what's going on in the studio?

by Anonymousreply 4408/07/2012

Guests are informed that Robin is not in the studio before they come in, so it's not a topic every time someone visits.

I don't think there'a a camera cause some days Howard has asked Robin whether she's wearing lingerie or clothes.

by Anonymousreply 4508/07/2012

She can see them, but they can't see her. They can at times hear her cats meowing in the background. She clearly saw Will the farter farting on the mom last week but she wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 4608/07/2012

She sounds great. Her voice was a little odd the first week. She sounded a bit faint. But it's back to its full force now.

by Anonymousreply 4708/07/2012

For R39

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2012

There are countless Stern shows on torrent sites. Like the one here.

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2012

Did she ever reveal what her medical issue was?

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2012

Not really. Said she had huge tumor near bladder

by Anonymousreply 5208/07/2012

A caller asked about it on the Wrapup Show the other day and Gary just said something along the lines of "it's up to her whether she wants to give an update or not."

I'm still worried too, I wish she would say something.

by Anonymousreply 5308/07/2012

Why do you care about this no-talent skank? She's just an ass kisser for Howard.

by Anonymousreply 5408/09/2012

I only like to listen to Stern when he slams dumb celebs like Whoopi Goldberg. People helpfully link to those kind of rants on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 5508/09/2012

Go eat shit R54. We love Robin.

by Anonymousreply 5608/09/2012

Robin is essential to the Howard Stern Show.

She's so good, you don't even notice until she's not there.

by Anonymousreply 6108/09/2012

I love Robin and I'm not a lesbian. I'm a gay man and have listened to and watched this show for many many years. Howard is extremely gay-friendly (yes, I know he wasn't in the early years, but people change and he has). Robin is the best side-kick he could have. Loyalty is something to be cherished.

by Anonymousreply 6208/09/2012

R64: Yes, they are.

by Anonymousreply 6508/10/2012

Linda Ronstadt was right. Right around the time Howard started his hate humour with the Selena jabs pop culture took a downward turn from which it has never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 6608/10/2012

What did he say about Selena? Was he just being disrespectful about her being killed, or was he slamming her before that? Because Selena, beautiful though she was, wasn't much of a singer. She couldn't even begin to match the vocal prowess of her idol, Donna Summer. A better comparison might be Paula Abdul.

by Anonymousreply 6808/10/2012

yes he was disrespectful about her being killed and whether she was considered much of a singer is irrelevent, she did a lot for the Mexican community being one of the first Tejano singers to chart mainstream and this angered Linda because Linda's part Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 6908/10/2012

I think her dad died from bladder cancer. I read her biography a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 7008/10/2012

she has a biography? WHY? She's a nobody?

by Anonymousreply 7108/10/2012

[quote] a grapefruit-sized growth on her bladder, which had awakened her the previous weekend, preventing her from urinating.

One hopes that it will be successfully removed, so that she can go back to sleep and urinate.

by Anonymousreply 7208/10/2012

She's just a jealous old cow.

by Anonymousreply 7308/10/2012

Robin celebrated her 60th birthday earlier this week. Here's a (horribly photoshopped) picture that Howard and Beth tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 7408/10/2012

I never understood the Beth appeal. She appears to be a bit....dim....

by Anonymousreply 7508/10/2012

49 Do you know how to download these clips on ani pad? I have online desktop so I can get flash but when I try to download it says I'm not allowed. Tia

by Anonymousreply 7608/10/2012

Good God, how much work has Howard had done? It doesn't look anything like him, and I don't think that's from photoshopping...

by Anonymousreply 7708/11/2012

[quote]I never understood the Beth appeal. She appears to be a bit....dim....

Then you hear her speak and you realize it isn't merely appearance.

by Anonymousreply 7808/11/2012

I have never seen such dedication to trolling. *slow bitch-clap*

by Anonymousreply 7908/11/2012

Howie looks to be 25 years old between the photoshopping and surgery..

by Anonymousreply 8008/11/2012

Yea he doesnt age

by Anonymousreply 8108/11/2012

I don't think they are ever going to get this bitch to come back to the studio now.

by Anonymousreply 8208/31/2012

she's still at home? I didn't realize.

by Anonymousreply 8308/31/2012

If Robin doesn't come back to work the studio, I wonder if this will be what finally influences Howard to not sign a new contract and bring his show to an end.

The do a pretty good job of carrying the show as usual, but it's gotta be a very different vibe with Robin not physically being there with them.

by Anonymousreply 8409/25/2012

I think he's made it pretty clear once this last contract is over that's it. I'm also curious about Robin, she is still not in the studio and they don't say anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 8509/25/2012

What could be going on that would keep her out this long? Chemo? Radiation?

by Anonymousreply 8609/25/2012

Model Patti Hansen, Keith Richards' wife, had bladder cancer many years ago. She gave a revealing interview to VOGUE a few years ago, she talked about keeping her illness out of the media at the time and why she chose to do so. She already had a low profile at the point, she was no longer modeling, no one was wondering what she was up to, so it was easy to hide being very ill.

Patti said she now has a "bionic bladder", that her new bladder is probably better than her original one.

I guess the extent of Robin's tumor is the determining factor, whether or not the doctors can give her a new fake bladder. Did it spread beyond the bladder?

It can be done, a new bladder can be created, not everyone has to live with a urine bag the rest of their lives. A male relative had bladder cancer for over 25 years, he died from a heart attack in his late 70s, not from the cancer. He did have to go for yearly bladder scrapings.

by Anonymousreply 8709/25/2012

My Robin, sweet Robin.

by Anonymousreply 8809/25/2012

It doesn't bother me if Robin is not in the studio - I don't notice any big difference in the quality or rhythm of the show now that she's not physically there.

by Anonymousreply 9009/25/2012

Her history with the much more common, benign fibroid tumors of the uterus have nothing to do with the more ominous development of a large bladder tumor. This is much less likely to be benign, but may still be curable if not spread around her body yet.

by Anonymousreply 9109/25/2012

On the Sept. 26th show a caller asks Howard to verify that Robin is still working from home and is that the 'new norm.' But they didn't go any further to explain what they mean by that. Is there any timeline for Robin physically coming back to the studio?

They say that's not the 'new norm,' whatever that means, but then Gary talks about how there is a conspiracy being discussed online about them covering up that Robin doesn't work in the studio anymore. They played a clip of Gary prepping a guest (maybe Eric the Midget/Actor?) with the reminder that Robin won't be in the studio when he goes out for his interview. Gary further asks the guest not to mention it during the interview because he says it 'slows the show down.'

So they do sort of try to keep up the illusion that Robin is there by asking guests not to mention it on air. That's why some listeners aren't aware of the situation and think that everything is cool with Robin's health now.

by Anonymousreply 9210/09/2012

Last week one of the callers asked Howard if the internet rumors are true that he's not going to renew his Sirius/XM contract when it comes up next. He answered no, but quickly brushed it off as he always does when it comes to topics like that.

But I really wonder if he's thinking about ending the show finally. According to him he hasn't told NBC whether he'll come back to America's Got Talent yet. If he gave up the 3-day weeks of radio, he could still do the 2-day weeks (and only 4 or 5 months) of AGT.

by Anonymousreply 9310/18/2012

Do any callers ever ask WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ROBIN'S HEALTH? As relentless an interviewer as Howard is, I'm surprised no one has taken him to task for his evasiveness on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 9410/18/2012

I was in the green room and I saw this pretty black woman in a purple skirt on the monitor. I didn't know who she was.

by Anonymousreply 9510/18/2012

I like Robin, but sometimes I think she's oversteps.

Last week when everyone was back in the office and they all started arguing about how some people chose not to come in during the hurricane while others made it. Robin was ripping on the guys that stayed home right along with Howard. All the while I was thinking that maybe she should take a backseat to that argument since she doesn't have to leave her apartment to do the show.

Finally one of the guys said something to her about how she shouldn't be talking about coming in to the studio. Of course she didn't like that and yelled at him for being an asshole and bringing it up.

Again, I like her, but Robin sure can't take it as much as she dishes it.

by Anonymousreply 9611/14/2012

Robin probably has personality disorders, but I love her. She has a big heart.

by Anonymousreply 9711/14/2012

Has anyone else noticed that Howard has developed an old person lisp? Or maybe I just caught on off show.

by Anonymousreply 9811/14/2012

On 11/12 a caller asked Robin when she'll be back in studio. Her answer was in the vein of "when it happens, it happens/when the time is right", said in a slightly flippant, none-of-your-business tone.

by Anonymousreply 9911/14/2012

The answer to that question might be never, r99. If they have all agreed not to sign another contract when they come to the end of this current one, the set-up they have now might be how she finishes up. But of course they won't say anything just like Howard is always evasive about what he's going to to (including another season of AGT).

I don't know that's what going to happen, but I keep getting the feeling that Howard is finally going to bring the radio show to an end.

by Anonymousreply 10011/14/2012

he has 3 years left on his current contracts.

by Anonymousreply 10111/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 10211/15/2012

Is Robin still ill? Or doing the show from home rather than schlep into the studio anymore? Has this ever been addressed on the show?

by Anonymousreply 10312/19/2012

She continues to work from her home. They acknowledge it in passing but never give specifics as to why.

by Anonymousreply 10412/19/2012

Maybe it's chemo, and she needs to be quarantined because of it. Her father died from bladder cancer, which is what she may very well have. She sounds upbeat though, and I doubt Howard would have signed on for three more years if he thought Robin could die. He won't do the show without her.

by Anonymousreply 10512/19/2012

Could this have anything to do with her ayahuasca experience?

I say this because people go there thinking it's safe, but in reality more than a few have died taking the magic potion.

For one thing, you go out into the jungle, as a tourist, and are helpless to whatever the 'shaman' has put into the drink. There is no regulation of the substances, quantities of substances, or quality of material. Your shaman could just be a nutcase who puts poisons in the drink. Or someone who hates Americans or in Robin's case, hates black people. How would anyone know? All these dingbat tourists are sitting ducks and very naive to ingest something that they have no information about.

Basically, the magic potion is made up of three poisonous plants that induce terrible retching and diarrhea. Many die from dehydration alone. The shamans will blame these deaths on the weakness of the tourist, or claim that whites cannot face the truth of the potion.

It is very, very possible that Robin has done tremendous damage to her organs with the ayahuasca drink.

by Anonymousreply 10612/19/2012

Katie Curic asked Howard about Robin's health when he was on her show today (which was actually recorded last Wednesday?). Katie said she didn't want to to pry and respects Robin's privacy.

Howard just said she's had some issues and she's doing great.

It seems like it's been months since they mentioned her situation on the radio show.

by Anonymousreply 10705/28/2013

Thx for the update-I missed the Katie interview. I hope she is ok.

by Anonymousreply 10805/28/2013

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago, when a caller told Howard that one of his regular guests was extremely bi sexual. Howard tried to get the name out of the caller. But all he revealed was that the guy was very good looking. When the caller hung up on him, Howard said; "He hung up when I mentioned John Stamos". Robin said:" Howard, now your going to be looking at every guest, wondering if it's him!"

by Anonymousreply 10905/28/2013

Also interesting on the Katie show was how normal and calm Mariann from Brooklyn seems. When she's rushing to say what she needs to say before he cuts her off, she seems like a bit of a loon. Not demented like Debbie the Pet Lady, but spastic and goofy. She's not really like that at all - unless she was heavily medicated for the show.

About Robin - how come she can go out to see movies, but can't come in to work? Once in a while she says she's gone out to see something in IMAX 3D - so you know she had to be in a theater to see it - but she can't bring her colostomy bag (or whatever she's got going on) in to the studio?

by Anonymousreply 11005/28/2013

I wonder how Stern would react to people making fun of or making ridiculous claims about her? Years ago, an ex worked for a NY radio station. One of the young interns who would appear on air doing some comic bits or would go do show promotions became gravely ill. He had some type of staph infection and died. Stern made a joke about it saying that the DJ's caused his death by having him running around doing stupid promos.

Lost all respect for him and never listened to his show again.

by Anonymousreply 11105/28/2013

Howard's gross now, with his stupid Hwood parties. I care about Robin's health, that's why I checked back in with the show. The show's media blackout on the subject of Robin's health is confounding considering THIRTY years of personal revelation!

by Anonymousreply 11205/28/2013

Robin had bleached herself and is now a White woman. She will not come into the show in order to keep her new identity concealed.

by Anonymousreply 11305/29/2013

Mariann from Brooklyn is the wackpack den mother.

She's the only one who's rational.

by Anonymousreply 11405/29/2013

[quote]It stricks me as odd that there is such a media blackout

More like a black out of media.

by Anonymousreply 11505/29/2013

[quote]Mariann from Brooklyn is the wackpack den mother.

That whackjob is going to be living on that "honor" 30 years after the rest of the world forgets Howard's name.

by Anonymousreply 11605/29/2013

When Howard asked how many people are going to buy Lisa G's book, Robin said 3 and laughed herself silly.

Let's see how many books Robin sells - if it finally gets released this fall.

by Anonymousreply 11705/29/2013

When Tan Mom was on this week - I expected her to be completely flummoxed by hearing Robin's voice, but not seeing her in her booth. That's how she reacted when she was first on several months ago.

But this time Tan Mom seemed to get the concept, which is surprising because she still seemed totally out of it. Maybe this time someone pointed out the video screen where she could see Robin.

Tan Mom even threatened to kick Robin's ass, or something. I can't remember exactly what she said...but I'm pretty sure Tan Mom can't remember either.

by Anonymousreply 11805/31/2013

It's not lost on me that Howard and Robin want to know every intimate detail of their guests personal lives (sex life, money, health etc), yet Robin wants to keep her own life oh so private?!!

She's done this with every aspect of her life, I remember years ago, she wouldn't reveal who she was dating. IIRC, she called him Mr. X?

by Anonymousreply 11905/31/2013

I have big pendulous breasts.

by Anonymousreply 12007/20/2013

Four inches is fine!

by Anonymousreply 12107/20/2013

Where is Robin?

by Anonymousreply 12207/20/2013

Everywhere but the studio, R122.

by Anonymousreply 12307/20/2013

Robin is back in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 12407/20/2013

When did she go back to the studio?

by Anonymousreply 12507/20/2013

She's not back in the studio, r124. At least not as of last week.

She was still doing the remote from her apartment on the day they had Whitney Cummings on - that was the most recent day I listened to.

by Anonymousreply 12607/20/2013

Either her healthcare team told her to do the show from home or the treatments have taken a toll on her looks and she doesn't want to appear on camera. Even though her weight fluctuated, Robin was always a very pretty woman.

by Anonymousreply 12707/21/2013

[quote]Maybe this time someone pointed out the video screen where she could see Robin

So Robin can still be seen, then? So her not coming to the studio has nothing to do with the way she looks, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 12807/21/2013

She is back in the studio because when Alec Baldwin was on she was interacting with him, saying how good he looked, commenting when he looked at his watch at one point.

by Anonymousreply 12907/26/2013

You are mistaken, r129.

Robin can see the guests because they have video feed set up. Robin has been able to see everything that is going on in the studio since they arranged this 'work from home' deal for her.

by Anonymousreply 13007/26/2013

She has been at AGT tapings as well.

by Anonymousreply 13107/26/2013

[quote]She has been at AGT tapings as well.

Well she isn't confined to her apartment. She just isn't going in to the studio for work. Two different things.

And you might be thinking of summer of 2012. Unless she attended the first two shows that were broadcast live from MSG this week (I haven't heard them talk about it yet), then she hasn't gone to any in 2013. She didn't travel to any of the audition cities or to Vegas this summer, so she wouldn't have been to any 'AGT tapings.'

But regardless, she is not housebound. She talks about going to doctor appointments and I remember her saying something about going to a movie theater just a couple of weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 13207/26/2013

Well she sounds great. I don't know if that's for the radio or what, but then again I'm not sure what kind of treatments she's on or if she's on treatments at all.

by Anonymousreply 13307/26/2013

Okay so she goes out, to movies, AGT, appointments..etc. So why not just go to the studio for 4 hours a day? It's not like people cannot see her on howard tv..and it's not like she does not live in Manhattan.

Maybe she just likes working from home and this is what she got to do that??

by Anonymousreply 13407/26/2013

Robin's birthday is this week. But they celebrated last week because they aren't doing any new shows this week.

The guy that administered the ayahuasca to her in Peru was funny. (yes, I got the joke)

by Anonymousreply 13508/04/2013

She's not in the studio. There's video from last week for Weiner's sexting buddy.

by Anonymousreply 13608/04/2013

Someone started a new thread. It got me thinking so I came back to this one to see how long it's been now that she's been out of the studio. It started June 2012 - she's been working from home for 14 months now.

And they really never mention it anymore on the show.

There were a lot of comments on YouTube the past week or so from people that think they are close to announcing that another regular will join the show - a 3rd seat (or whatever) like Artie used to be.

by Anonymousreply 13708/16/2013

What does she have?

(sorry...didn't read the whole thread.)

by Anonymousreply 13808/16/2013

Someone on another forum posted Robin has a cath.

I didn't think you had to stay at home when you had one of those, but I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 13908/16/2013

[quote]What does she have?

Big, pendulous breasts.

by Anonymousreply 14008/16/2013

I read she is having another surgery to remove more rumors in the bladder.

by Anonymousreply 14108/16/2013

r141...meant tumors but...the typo is strangely funny.

by Anonymousreply 14208/16/2013

she also had her book launch postponed indefinitely, as it was all about eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. her media blitz was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 14408/21/2013

Robin came clean today about her health, her surgery and about her 18 month absence from the studio.

Robin revealed her how she couldn't urinate and she was found to have a large mass in her pelvis, how the doctors told her that if they found the cancer had spread too far, that they would just close her up and let her live whatever time she had left. Her operation took about 8 hours cause the tumor was all wrapped around various organs. Part of her colon was removed so they gave Robin an ileostomy (sp?), which required her having a temporary colostomy bag. The surgeon told her that they would make her comfortable, but she was basically walking dead.

Robin says she went to Sloan Kettering and got a second opinion. Her new doctors had seen cases like hers before and were optimistic. Robin had radiation and chemo for about a year - she lost her hair. However, she said she was never in pain that usually accompanies these procedures. The ileostomy was reversed, so Robin no longer has the bag. Her surgeon recently told Robin that she is totally - not in remission, but actually totally cured.

Robin said she kept silent all this time because she didn't want to deal with fans calling in with well wishes, giving random advice. All this would distrupt the show and she wanted to just concentrate on working and getting better, not fielding medical advice from nudnick callers.

Robin's hair has grown back, but is still short. However, she never answered the question that initiated this revelation - when will she be back in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 14509/09/2013

So happy that Robin is CURED!!!

by Anonymousreply 14609/09/2013

Good for her. Hope she is well.

by Anonymousreply 14709/09/2013

That's great news, but WTF, one set of doctors says that it's over and another believes that she can be treated. It makes you wonder just how many people are dying because they don't get a second opinion.

by Anonymousreply 14809/09/2013

Now she has a new book topic. Much love to the true queen of NYC

by Anonymousreply 14909/09/2013

It's a good lesson for all of us, r148.

by Anonymousreply 15009/09/2013

[quote]It makes you wonder just how many people are dying because they don't get a second opinion.

Or they don't have the money or insurance to go to Sloan Kettering and are just stuck with the doctors they have.

by Anonymousreply 15109/09/2013

Is Sloan Kettering really good?

by Anonymousreply 15209/09/2013

She used to preach about the evils of western medicine.

by Anonymousreply 15309/09/2013

I have a lot of respect for her for continuing to do her job without complaint all that time. If it were me, I'd have been a miserable, anxiety-ridden wreck.

by Anonymousreply 15409/09/2013

For R148 and R151: Howard took several calls for people to respond to Robin's tale. One person said that going to your "local hospital" is the worst thing for most cancer patients. He had family members with cancer, and they got on a plane and went to a dedicated cancer facility - he mentioned there are ones in Boston, and some other cities.

In other words, if you want the best care, find facilities that specialize in oncology, like Sloan Kettering, etc.

by Anonymousreply 15509/09/2013

[quote]She used to preach about the evils of western medicine.

She won't be the first or the last to do that. I'm just glad that she's better.

by Anonymousreply 15609/09/2013

I am a patient at Sloan-Kettering and they take many, many insurances. I see people of all economic levels there, and am curious as to whose insurance is not accepted.

by Anonymousreply 15709/09/2013

I don't think Howard Stern has ever missed a day of radio because of illness. He's been on the radio for almost 40 years. I think Robin shares the same work-ethic as Howard.

by Anonymousreply 15809/09/2013

She can essentially do her job sitting up in bed. How many of us can say that?

by Anonymousreply 15909/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 16009/09/2013

Let's all smoke some ayahuasca in celebration!

by Anonymousreply 16109/09/2013

I've only heard good things about Sloan Kettering when it comes to cancer.

by Anonymousreply 16209/09/2013

I like Robin, she can laugh at herself.

by Anonymousreply 16309/09/2013

She needs a cock!

by Anonymousreply 16409/09/2013

I have big, petulant breasts!

by Anonymousreply 16509/09/2013

Four inches is fine!

by Anonymousreply 16609/09/2013

She must also have video access to the studio, since she comments on what guests are wearing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 16709/09/2013

Yes r167. That has been established several times in this thread already.

by Anonymousreply 16809/09/2013

And, now it's time for the News!

by Anonymousreply 16909/09/2013

Thank god she can still do anal, and not via bag!

by Anonymousreply 17009/09/2013

Little Mikey must be over the moon about this news.

by Anonymousreply 17109/09/2013

I am so relieved she is cancer free.

by Anonymousreply 17209/09/2013

R172 = Mariann from Brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 17309/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 17409/09/2013

"I'm Linda Granger, and I am 100% cancer free!"

by Anonymousreply 17509/09/2013

Robin can have anal over the sink again - finally!

by Anonymousreply 17609/09/2013

I just listened to the show. It was, perhaps, one of the most moving stories that I've ever heard. Wow. I got a little teary.

by Anonymousreply 17709/09/2013

Howard looks really cute in that pic at r160.

by Anonymousreply 17809/09/2013

I'm with you r177. How in the world was she able to do the show all that time with all that was going on. She is an amazing woman.

by Anonymousreply 17909/09/2013

I'm sure they have audio of her laughing. She probably wasn't doing the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 18009/09/2013

WOW. thanks for posting the audio - it was pretty gripping.

by Anonymousreply 18109/09/2013

George tries to derail the conversation with trivia. STFU, George! Hey now.

by Anonymousreply 18209/09/2013

I wonder how big her scar is. I wonder if she lost a ton of weight.

by Anonymousreply 18309/09/2013

Someone asked on the Wrap up, if Robin got the extra care because she was rich and famous. It does make you wonder if someone without Robin's money could have beaten it.

I love her and am glad she beat this, but it just brings up a bunch of uncomfortable questions about the state of healthcare in this country.

by Anonymousreply 18409/09/2013

I'm glad that Robin is cancer free. They need to hurry and find a cure for that dreadful disease.

by Anonymousreply 18509/09/2013

Great news about Robin.

I have to agree with the person who goes to Sloane Kettering stating that they accept almost all forms of insurance. My mother is elderly on medicare and came to NYC to get on Medicaid so that she could be treated there. Sloane Kettering booked an appt as soon as she told them she applied for insurance. They told her that if she didn't get medicaid the social workers would help her get on something else so that she could be treated. It is a fantastic hospital with the most professional/empathic staff ever from support staff to the doctors.

by Anonymousreply 18609/09/2013

"I think Robin shares the same work-ethic as Howard."

Because they both know that they'd be working 3rd shift somewhere in Jersey if not for parading strippers and freaks on the radio.

by Anonymousreply 18809/09/2013

Wow what a gripping story...just listened.

by Anonymousreply 19009/09/2013

Bladder and prostrate cancer have to be just about the worst.

Incontinence just strips away your dignity: I always think about Hemingway.

(Unless of course your name is Snooki, JWow, Paris Hilton or Fergie. Then it's NBD. I guess you need to have some dignity in the first place.)

by Anonymousreply 19109/10/2013

R[190] gripping? She breezed through it. You have no ide what a real health crisis is.

No reaction to chemo and radiation, proof that she's inhuman.

She's as arrogant as her bossman.

by Anonymousreply 19209/10/2013

They don't seem to know what exactly caused this. It could have been colon cancer. My grandmother had a tumor the size of a grapefruit when she died.

by Anonymousreply 19309/10/2013

I hope Robin really is cancer free. She should get a second opinion on that. It sounds pretty miraculous.

by Anonymousreply 19409/10/2013

My Grandma had very little reaction to chemo and radiation and she was 65. She didn't even really lose her hair.

I did some research on Sloan Kettering and they're like the #2 cancer hospital, so I'm assuming that if they say you're cancer free, then you're cancer free.

by Anonymousreply 19509/10/2013

Do people get lower doses of chemo depending on what they have? Maybe that's why she didn't get violently ill.

by Anonymousreply 19609/10/2013

lol both Robin and Howard are rich enough not to work ever again. They like doing the show and she maybe missed 2 1/2 days in a year of Chemo and Radiation.

by Anonymousreply 19709/10/2013

If I made $10 million a year to do nothing but laugh and talk a little bit, I'd bust my ass to make it to that microphone, too.

by Anonymousreply 19809/10/2013

I'm not sure I like that they keep making a big deal about Robin not missing wok... I mean they work 2 fucking days a week!

by Anonymousreply 19909/10/2013

[199] you said it, plus the both of them are the biggest egotistical jerks on the planet. Stern made millions encouraging his no-brain audience to act as rude and uncouth as he. Quivers just kisses his ass like the fat ugly house nigga she is.

Instead of wasting her life, she should admit publicly what a scourge on the planet he is and move on. You think a cancer scare would have helped her realize all the harm he does. I don't care how they are off they air. On the air they spread and inspire others to act like the self righteous arrogant pricks they are.

She breezed through it by her own admission, you fools falling for her crap are idiots. I listened to the whole thing and was disgusted by their pathetic ploy to get sympathy.

May they both live to 100 and watch all their phony friends and family die from actual tragedies.

I wish she was here so I could vomit from the disgust I feel on her ugly fat bald face.

by Anonymousreply 20009/10/2013

Man, so many haters here. You should all get cancer...terminal.

by Anonymousreply 20109/10/2013

[quote][199] you said it, plus the both of them are the biggest egotistical jerks on the planet. Stern made millions encouraging his no-brain audience to act as rude and uncouth as he.

by Anonymousreply 20209/10/2013

Yay Robin! Glad to hear she's okay now.

by Anonymousreply 20309/10/2013

First of all, I love Robin even though all she does is agree with Howard(or she is always just about to say what Howard said) and I am very happy she is doing great and seems to be cured but let’s be real( cuz I’m keeping it real), they keep making a big deal about her not missing work during her treatment. She works about 4-4.5 hours a day, 2-3 days a week, TALKING and makes MILLIONS doing it! It’s not like she has a difficult or demanding physical job.

by Anonymousreply 20409/10/2013

R[201] so that makes you a hater too!! Now we're all one big happy family of haters!! Yay! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside, oops! Oh no! That's not warm and fuzzy, it's cancer!!! See what you did, where's my pity party!!

Puhleeze, if someone who ever disagreed with stern and quivers had cancer, they would be the first to point gloat and laugh. Them that deals in hate gets hated back and this is the place for it.

by Anonymousreply 20509/10/2013

{204} You try going through what she did, not knowing if she was going to even live and be on the radio in front of millions with a happy voice and NEVER showing fear or complaining once. Most of the year she had a shit and piss bag on and lost all her hair from chemo. You queens are heartless. BTW you 204 would be whining and crying like a girl the whole fucking time and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 20609/10/2013

Robin is a survivor because she radiates positivity. Unlike some of the miserable cunts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 20709/10/2013

Wow you Lezzie truck drivers are stupid beasts. Just cuz she has big tits doesn't make her a good person. She spews hate and yells over people who disagree with her. That's sunny? Publicly mocking anyone they feel like is being positive? You cant be that person and then expect all the people you've hurt and offended to find empathy for you. I wouldn't expect it from you now that I got nasty. This is a public forum and that bitch and her master have angered me many times over the years and I do listen ocasionally just to see if they've changed. They never do, still the same mocking, self righteous bull. I and others will express our opinions as we please.

You're just blinded by her big fat sweaty tits. And how do you know what [204] had been through? You don't. Just like I don't know that you are Lezzie truck drivers, but that's the only thing that makes sense. But I do know about robin quivers because she is a public figure who puts out ugliness for a living.

I abhor her, her master and their hate filled show. She has chosen to be a devisive bully. She and her idiot fans can take what she dishes out every day and like it.

by Anonymousreply 20809/10/2013

[quote]Robin is a survivor because she radiates positivity

No pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 20909/11/2013

really {208} have you ever heard them go on and on about gay rights? How they support gay marriage? You know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 21009/11/2013

r210, will you learn how to link to a goddamn post already? I hope webmaster bans your stupid ass if you do it again.

by Anonymousreply 21109/11/2013

I saw a huge stack of Quivers: A Life in a Boston bookstore selling for $1.00 each just a few months after publication.

by Anonymousreply 21209/11/2013

[208] What a stupid comment. I have to appreciate them for supporting gay rights? Doesn't make their Schtick any less offensive. Lots of republicans are coming around on that issue and that would not make me vote for them. People who enjoy them enjoy hearing others humiliated. I feel it is okay to be as nasty to them in a public forum because that is what they do to others FOR A LIVING. Oh and news flash - they aren't your friends, they don't know or give a fuck who you are.

by Anonymousreply 21309/11/2013

The only people Howard and Robin insult on their show are people who deserve it. Love them forever. BABA BOOEY!

by Anonymousreply 21409/11/2013

R204, seriously have you ever tried talking on air for 4 hours a day?

It most certainly is not easy. It's a skill and I know because I've done it for that much time and longer. Put someone in front of a mic and tell them to gab for 4 hours and see how long they last.

Add to that the fact that she was sick the entire time, putting on some weird facade that she was happy, bright and healthy while laughing at Howard and it's pretty horrifying. She was going through chemo, she was shitting in a bag ... and the entire time she acted like NOTHING was happening while working.

Girl you could not even begin to handle that. Also she's not just some random woman who was plucked out of obscurity. Like her or hate her she earned where she is.

by Anonymousreply 21509/11/2013

Someone a few months ago had uploaded Robin's book to download. I can't find it now. I always wanted to read it. There are a bunch of shows on Youtube from the time of its launch. They're hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 21609/11/2013

Robin gettin' down!

by Anonymousreply 21709/11/2013

Jackie reads from Robin's book.

by Anonymousreply 21809/11/2013

Howard Stern: Robin's Book Party = giant headache for Howard (1995).

by Anonymousreply 21909/11/2013

Multiple used hard cover copies of Quivers: A Life are available on for as little as one cent.

by Anonymousreply 22009/11/2013

I've always felt that Robin embellished/made up things to make her book more sensational. Especially the molestation by her father. That seems like a book companys dream -- the perfect juicy hook to pull in readers.

Otherwise, her life story isn't too compelling.

by Anonymousreply 22109/11/2013

I need a cock!

by Anonymousreply 22209/11/2013

Didn't she talk about being diddled long before writing a book?

by Anonymousreply 22309/11/2013

I thought all the molestation details came out around the time her book was published.

by Anonymousreply 22409/11/2013

A lot of you guys have really dark, dark hearts. Robin and Howard are New York liberals. They have never exploited anyone who didn't want to be exploited. Howard has apologized for his past comments on gay men, and that's all anyone can really ask for. I'm glad that she's cancer free and survived this. I wish her nothing but the best.

by Anonymousreply 22509/11/2013

Me too. I love Robin.

by Anonymousreply 22609/11/2013

[quote] A lot of you guys have really dark, dark hearts. Robin and Howard are New York liberals. They have never exploited anyone who didn't want to be exploited. Howard has apologized for his past comments on gay men, and that's all anyone can really ask for. I'm glad that she's cancer free and survived this. I wish her nothing but the best.

According to some people here, all you need to do to become as rich and successful as Howard is to get a radio show and just parade strippers in and out of the studio. See, it's just that easy!

by Anonymousreply 22709/11/2013

[quote]A lot of you guys have really dark, dark hearts. Robin and Howard are New York liberals.

He claimed to be a libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 22809/11/2013

Crazy Robin.

by Anonymousreply 22909/11/2013

{227} that's not all he does douchebag. They have 4 hours to kill do you think that's all they are about? They talk about what's in the news with a funny slant. Howard talks about his homelife, his childhood and his conversations with his parents are HYSTERICAL. You don't know what the FUCK you are talking about. I'm a gay man do think I would listen to Howard for the last 20 years if THAT'S all his show was about? Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23009/11/2013

[227] that's not all he does douchebag. They have 4 hours to kill do you think that's all they are about? They talk about what's in the news with a funny slant. Howard talks about his homelife, his childhood and his conversations with his parents are HYSTERICAL. You don't know what the FUCK you are talking about. I'm a gay man do think I would listen to Howard for the last 20 years if THAT'S all his show was about? Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23109/11/2013

Robin disagreeing with Howard about politics....imagine it's not strippers. She disagrees all the time with him She does laugh at him a lot it's her job.

by Anonymousreply 23209/11/2013

Howard going ballistic over George Zimmerman getting off, with the rest of his crew all in favor of Zimmerman, was hilarious.

Howard's opening line about, "You'll be happy to know that since George Zimmerman has been released from custody, he hasn't murdered one black child."

by Anonymousreply 23309/12/2013

r232 - You just need to put the letter r, then the number of the post you wish to reference (with no space between the r and the number). No other punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 23409/12/2013

R230 needs reading comprehension skills. R227 was supportive of Howard!

by Anonymousreply 23509/12/2013

What are you talking about? Robin has been all over the blogoshere.

by Anonymousreply 23609/12/2013

What else is the news, Robin?

by Anonymousreply 23709/12/2013

Howard announced that Robin is returning to the studio tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 23810/01/2013

What ever happened to Robin's horse? Amazing that fat little butterball thought she could be an equestrian.

by Anonymousreply 23910/01/2013

There was a recent picture of Robin in the paper 1-2 days ago; the article was about her miraculous recovery and upcoming book tour.

I was shocked that Robin is so pudgy -- thought her being a strict vegan would make the pounds melt off. As listeners recently learned, she doesn't even eat rice anymore!

by Anonymousreply 24010/01/2013

What kind of cancer did Robin have?

In this Sunday's New York Daily News, there was a cover article on Robin in the paper's entertainment section, there no mention of bladder cancer. Endometrial cancer was listed as the type of cancer Robin had.

Endometrial cancers are usually very easy to deal with, not to mention they are very slow growing cancers and usually don't involve chemo or radiation. I guess Robin didn't see her GYN once a year? Or she isn't being completely honest about exactly what she had?

A relative had uterine cancer, it took her idiot doctors nearly a year to give her a definitive diagnosis, in that year, her cancer did not spread beyond the uterus.

Her oncologist GYN told her, "You are very lucky, uterine cancers are very slow growing cancers. It's great that you were pro-active. Because it seems, in the beginning, your symptoms were dismissed by your other doctors."

The uterus, ovaries and cervix were removed. It was Stage 1, she didn't need chemo or radiation.

by Anonymousreply 24110/01/2013

Yes, R40, I was shocked at how chubby Robin appeared in those photos.

Perhaps the photos were shot for the book before her cancer treatments?

What about the main photo in the article, I assume that was recent? She looked heavy in that photo too.

by Anonymousreply 24210/01/2013

r240, is this the photo?

by Anonymousreply 24310/01/2013

When is Robin back in the studio? Tomorrow, as in Wednesday, October 2?

by Anonymousreply 24410/01/2013

She had cancer of the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 24510/01/2013

Just a reminder that even the strictest of vegans can be heavy.

Victoria Boutenko is an expert on raw foodism, green smoothies, etc. People pay to hear her speak.

I don't doubt the woman knows her stuff, but look at her:

by Anonymousreply 24610/01/2013

Yes, R244. Howard said she's back tomorrow. Also coming in is David Arquette.

Howard made a joke and said Robin is coming in with her boyfriend (David), as Robin recently disclosed that she and Arquette had kissed a few months ago and that David paid for Robin to get a tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 24710/01/2013

Four inches is fine!

by Anonymousreply 24810/01/2013

I'm sure those aren't current pictures. A few days ago she was saying she is just starting to get her hair back.

by Anonymousreply 24910/01/2013

It amazes me that Robyn had radical breast reduction surgery and her boobs grew back, just as enormously as before. How?

by Anonymousreply 25010/01/2013

They grew back because she got fat.

by Anonymousreply 25110/01/2013

I don't understand how a diet that keeps you heavy can be considered healthy. It means there are some blood sugar issues going on that keep you from losing the weight. If you have blood sugar issues, you are heading for diabetes. Whether or not you get there depends upon how long you live and genetics.

by Anonymousreply 25210/01/2013

I don't understand "juicing" which is pure sugar. She always said she was "juicing." What's wrong with actual smoothies made with the whole veg/fruit?

by Anonymousreply 25310/01/2013

It is because a lot of veganism is tied to carbs and some people are naturally fat on carbs. Most vegans are very slim as there are not a lot of choices coming from an old eating style. There are the carboholics though that will still be fat even on a vegan diet. They tend to satisfy their sweet tooth with simple carb heavy foods. Berries, juices, and eat nuts and legumes high in fat.

by Anonymousreply 25410/01/2013

Her weight has fluctuated over the years, but her boobs make her look bigger than she really is. I was surprised when I saw her once, those boobs are out of control and they cut her off which make her look heavier.

by Anonymousreply 25510/01/2013

I think veganism can result in an under active Thyroid. But, don't quote me.

by Anonymousreply 25610/01/2013

Video of her back today!

by Anonymousreply 25710/02/2013

My Dear, she's healthy and she had GORGEOUS breasts.

I love her tits!

by Anonymousreply 25810/02/2013

I need a cock!

by Anonymousreply 25910/02/2013

She died a while back. It's Loni Love who's taking her place.

by Anonymousreply 26010/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 26110/02/2013

The photos of Robin for the book were taken before her tumor was discovered. For someone who constantly berates other people for what they eat, I certainly would expect her to be a lot leaner. Let's face it, saying she's pudgy doesn't cover it--she might even qualify for obesity at that size. She's not exactly skinny now, either, which does surprise me after all she has been through, medically.

I have been vegetarian for three years, and vegan for about 6 months. I also make green juice and smoothies, and try to eat a lot of salad and raw or steamed veggies.

I am a size 4, but lost 5 pounds almost immediately after I went vegan and gave up dairy. But since I have discovered vegan ice cream and cheeses, I have put the weight back on and suspect that is the case with Robin as well.

Peanut and almond butters are also a dietary downfall for me now....freshly-made almond butter and a spoon would be my last meal on death row...

I wish Robin well and hope that she pursues what makes her happy. She's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 26210/02/2013

R262 I used to date a chunky vegan... He really was barrel shaped

by Anonymousreply 26310/02/2013

Her breast used to be a lot bigger, she had them reduced many years ago. She has talked about this before.

by Anonymousreply 26410/02/2013

I'm liking her new reddish hair, better than her locks. Is it real or a wig?

She's going to be on Wendy Williams next Tuesday to discuss her new book.

by Anonymousreply 26510/04/2013

Pretty sure that's a wig, r265. You know Wendy Williams will ask so we know for sure though.

Robin also said that she's going to be doing the Dr. Oz show (not sure what date) and will be featured in a Rolling Stone article.

by Anonymousreply 26610/04/2013

Dr. Oz Mon Oct 7. She looks very heavy in the promo clip.

by Anonymousreply 26710/04/2013

Robin on Dr. Oz was not as good as I was hoping. I think we learned more about her ordeal from the day she talked to Howard about it than we did on this show.

Also, she's a little annoying without Howard. She still gives full on fake laughter, but it's more obvious and uncomfortable with someone like Dr. Oz who isn't funny to start with.

Also, her cookbook looks like it couldn't be any less interesting. Good thing she has cancer to talk about as part of her book tour so that people might be interested in listening to her.

Maybe the Wendy Williams show will be better.

by Anonymousreply 26810/08/2013

The woman was sick and now you're ragging on her weight? What stereotypical qweeeens you lot are.

I don't care for the wig, nor the book. I hate when celebs do those. I like autobiographies better, and I enjoyed her's. She should write a sequel, and so should Howard.

by Anonymousreply 26910/08/2013

Videos of Robin interviewed by Beth for "Extra" and Robin on "The Today Show"

by Anonymousreply 27010/08/2013

It's just a matter of time before her cancer returns . . . it almost always does.

by Anonymousreply 27110/08/2013

R271 = Hate Man

by Anonymousreply 27210/08/2013

I wish her well but veganism is harmful and pushing smoothies is outright dangerous. Smoothies are full of Salmonella and ecoli. People have died, and will continue to die, from drinking smoothies. Also, smoothies fuck with your immune system.

Most vegans are fat/obese or skinny fat because it is a restricted diet which lacks protein and nutrients. Vegans are always hungry and then load up on carbs/starches. Vegans lose their hair. Vegans age faster and get more wrinkled.

Anyone who is pushing veganism and smoothies is about say, ten years behind the times. We now know that both are extremely unhealthy diets.

Get well Robin, but also get with the times.

by Anonymousreply 27310/08/2013

Also, if you date anyone who drinks smoothies--whether they buy them or make it themselves--you are kissing someone with a bacterial infection.

by Anonymousreply 27410/08/2013

i wish her well, she had quite an ordeal. She had no side effects from her treatments which is good. She is lucky to have Howard as a good friend, priceless really.

by Anonymousreply 27510/08/2013

Juicers need to be taken off the market--they are destroying people's lives.

by Anonymousreply 27610/08/2013

Smoothies are full of salmonella and e.coli? Do you avoid eating all fruit and vegetables, R273?

by Anonymousreply 27710/08/2013

No, R277, because I cook my food and never, ever blend it.

Put it this way--if there is one single cell of Salmonella on your celery and you eat it, either raw or cooked, you won't get sick.

But if you put it in a blender, that one cell becomes thousands, and you will get sick or die.

by Anonymousreply 27810/08/2013

Every Vegan I've encountered is thin.

by Anonymousreply 27910/08/2013

There's a memorial service for her today at St. Luke's. Rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 28010/08/2013

She was positively radiant on Wendy Williams today. Such a wonderful, well-read woman with a great personality. I'm glad she's doing well and wish her the best with health and happiness.

Sidebar: She told Wendy about a recent time when she went out to LA and hung out with David Arquette, and at the end of their "date" (they both got tattoos) he grabbed her and kissed her. She said she was taken aback by it, but by the way she was giggling I'd say she rather liked it.

by Anonymousreply 28110/08/2013

David was a guest (again) on the Stern Show last week, r281, and they told that story.

by Anonymousreply 28210/08/2013

Do you think it'd be too exhausting for her to do her own radio show on Howard 100 perhaps once a week since the Stern show only airs a few times a week? I love listening to her, but I'd only listen to a Robin Show if it wasn't all about her adventures to find spiritual cures.

Her new book is getting trashed on Amazon.

Seriously, she needs to write another autobiography. So much time has passed since her last one. It's been what, almost 19 years? Even Howard needs to write another one. Look at how much everything has changed for him. The Sirius idea alone is interesting. I'd love to know what happened in his previous marriage and why it was destroyed. Perhaps he thinks that people wouldn't be lining up to buy it, and he doesn't want to look like a loser?

by Anonymousreply 28310/08/2013

The show seems in free fall. Glad Robin is well.

by Anonymousreply 28410/08/2013

Robin still isn't going in to the studio every day.

They made a big deal out of her return earlier in the month. But earlier this week when Jackie Martling was on reading from Robin's book, she was working remotely again. When coming back from one of the commercial breaks, Howard did the same thing that he's often done over the past year and half. He started talking to see if Robin was there, but she didn't respond. Then Fred played the toilet flushing sound affect. And Howard said something about how he wasn't sure if Robin was back on yet.

Obviously that wouldn't happen if she was sitting across the room from him.

Have the mentioned that that she's still not in the studio every day on the show at all?

by Anonymousreply 28510/23/2013

[quote]Every Vegan I've encountered is thin.

That's because veganism is a socially acceptable eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 28610/23/2013

Howard said something about Robin breaking her ankle or her foot this week, but Robin said it wasn't as serious as he made it sound.

But the way he asked her about what she had to wear on the ankle made me think that he couldn't see her because she was working from home Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 28701/15/2015

by Anonymousreply 28901/15/2015

Here's a recent (2015) photo of Robin leaving the Sirius studio. She looks... not good. Cheap fake hair wig, sloppy clothing, bloated features. I would not expect a strict vegan to look like this. Regular listeners are probably thinking what I'm thinking - Howard is a hypocrite. He busts on Bababooey, JD, Benjy, Jason Kaplan, Jon Hein about their weight all the time but he doesn't utter a peep about Robin.

I can only assume that she's on some drugs that are causing this appearance and Howard is going easy on her.

by Anonymousreply 29002/21/2015

holy fuck she looks horrible

by Anonymousreply 29102/21/2015

maybe some would like to die in dignity rather than become a media spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 29202/21/2015

She's in her 60s, fat, and it's freezing out. Give her a break.

by Anonymousreply 29302/21/2015

Robin's weight has always fluctuated. Youtube clips that show the E! years are great for showing this. But Howard never mentioned Robin's weight UNTIL she lost it. And then he'd said things like he was concerned for her health.

Only the men get told they look like utter and complete shit. When Gary gained weight, they were merciless. There was constant running commentary on his love of chocolate.

Howard never would have made fun of Robin because her narcissistic rage would have have brought the show to a screeching halt. Now she's older and sick, so she'll definitely never get goofed on.

by Anonymousreply 29402/21/2015

The woman almost died. If she weren't rich and well connected and a celebrity, she probably would have. She can look however she wants. She beat death, and I'm sure that takes a toll on you.

by Anonymousreply 29502/21/2015

She looks like every other fat 60 year old.

by Anonymousreply 29602/21/2015

I don't give a fuck that she almost died, R295. We all will die some day. In fact, that's the only thing everyone on this planet has in common. The fact that drama queens like you make such a big deal out of it is your issue, not mine.

Back on topic.

Is Robin still a vegan?

by Anonymousreply 29702/21/2015

r297, please slide down a pole of razor blades into a vat of salt water.

by Anonymousreply 29802/21/2015

LOL, r298! Let her tongue be damned and lacerated, dependendet on a mineral lick for sustenance.

by Anonymousreply 29902/21/2015

Why don't you commit suicide in a vat of Cheetohs, you fat cunt?

Are you Robin? Sorry you're fat and got cancer. Hope you feel better. I always loved your laugh even though most of the audience wished you dead.

If you're not Robin, you're pathetic. A giant, weeping, pig-ish, defensive cunt defending someone who doesn't need defending.

I never trashed Robin. I just wrote the obvious.

She's always had problems with being FAT.

Even before the cancer, Robin got HUGE.

A few times. Because she ate too much. Her being fat isn't about having cancer. It's about being eating way too many calories.

That's all, R298. Nothing I wrote gave cancer to Robin. Nothing I wrote made her fat.

by Anonymousreply 30002/21/2015

Grease fire R30. Grease. Fire.

by Anonymousreply 30102/21/2015

Cancer medication will make you gain weight

by Anonymousreply 30202/21/2015

Since it appears this place is now trafficked by tender-hearted frau-oxen, clomping through here between 5000 calorie grazings, I should have ended my last post with a welcoming

I see you. Everyone sees you. You're large, in charge, and can't be missed. Your ginormous tantrums can be witnessed from outer space. And your massive gunt apron is truly impressive--barely noticeable beneath your size 8X caftan.

by Anonymousreply 30302/21/2015

Girl needs a three-way mirror; large and in charge for sure.

by Anonymousreply 30402/21/2015

It's the dollar store wig and ghetto queen outfit that bother me more than the weight. She can afford a good looking piece of hair - consult with Wendy Williams, for God's sake.

Old school listeners might remember this: Some time after 9/11, Robin went on this series of cleanses, hired a live-in diet "guru" (Dr. Ronnie!), colonics, etc. She confessed that she decided it was time to lose weight after seeing the chaos at WTC - that she knew that she'd have had a very hard time saving her life if she been in the towers being overweight then. Robin showed major hypocrisy too - she had the nerve to bust Howard's balls, putting some blame on HIM for not telling her that she should get her weight under control! If he were really her friend, he would have told her that she was going over the edge.

I think Howard figured out she was a loon and decided to keep his mouth closed ever since and let her blow up to her hearts content.

by Anonymousreply 30502/21/2015

I always said she was a stuck up buffalo bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30602/21/2015

I shake my head whenever Robin starts the news and they play those gag love songs the listeners send in - the ones that say how hot Robin is, how she has the greatest boobs, ass, vagine. Little Mikey, Psych and Eli Braden would not fuck a woman who looks like Robin with a 10-foot pole. I guess they just want air time and it's more a tradition to play those songs.

I wonder why Fred never wrote a book; he's the only one of the "Fab 5" that never felt the need.

by Anonymousreply 30702/21/2015

During one of the roasts hosted by the Reverend Bob Levy, Robin took a number of really hard verbal hits. I remember one of the jokes referenced her recent stint racing cars and said she had already hit the wall really hard.

I think she was also stung when Jim Florentine got engaged to someone else within about a year of their break up, and had a baby with the new wife, too.

She started the whole Dr. Ronni program shortly after that. Her holier-than-thou attitude about the weight loss and criticism of other staff members slow-but-steady diet and exercise successes (Scott the Engineer, Richard Christy) rankled many fans.

by Anonymousreply 30802/21/2015

Robin has always had trouble with her weight and she's used fad diets and gimmicks to lose weight. I always found it interesting that she never went the weight loss surgery route, then I saw her in person and realized that some of her weight is an illusion because of her tits. And her tits cut her in a way that makes her look bigger. I have a friend with the same issue until she got breast reduction.

I'm not saying that Robin isn't heavy, just that those tits of hers are insane.

by Anonymousreply 30902/21/2015

Robin already had a breast reduction, but she didn't go small enough. She claims now that they are nearly as big as they were before surgery.

I've noticed the same thing with female friends who had a lot of lipo in the waist and thigh area...they end up putting on weight in the same areas.

by Anonymousreply 31002/21/2015

I think that Fred may have had some alcohol problems in the past that he'd rather not make public knowledge. Remember his drunken blackout, when he fell down the stairs at a strip club?

He seems more private/less fame-hungry and needy of public adulation then others, so no book.

by Anonymousreply 31102/21/2015

I remember Fred's bachelor party, where he apparently had a black out and doesn't remember Gay Rich sitting on his lap.

That may be the same night he fell down the stairs. If so, it sucks that the guys didn't look out for him. You can't just get the bachelor wasted and turn him loose.

by Anonymousreply 31202/21/2015

[quote]Regular listeners are probably thinking what I'm thinking - Howard is a hypocrite. He busts on Bababooey, JD, Benjy, Jason Kaplan, Jon Hein about their weight all the time but he doesn't utter a peep about Robin.

This is reason number 5,671 why I despise the Howard Stern culture so much. Too bad Howard's lasted so long.

by Anonymousreply 31302/21/2015

"Here's a recent (2015) photo of Robin leaving the Sirius studio"

She now looks like Cissy Houston.

by Anonymousreply 31402/21/2015

I remember that too, R312. Great but scary event from over twenty years ago. Gay Rich was a cool intern. The gang thought him sitting on Fred's lap was a scream.

My memory is fading , but who was the borderline phobic show member mocked by the crew for enjoying that drag restaurant in NYC more than he let on?

by Anonymousreply 31502/21/2015

It is rather a shock to see her in this condition, especially after hearing all the odes to Robin that the listeners send in. Okay, we know she's older and had some issues, but I guess I expected to see someone along the lines of a slightly older Angela Bassett, not Moms Mabley.

by Anonymousreply 31602/21/2015

What ever became of that nut job, K. C. Armstrong?

by Anonymousreply 31702/21/2015

Hmmm, R315, I think it may have been Scott DePace, who was a Republican butthead and closet homophobe. Him and a few others were let go from the staff a while ago when Howard TV was disbanded. Wonder where Gange turned up?

by Anonymousreply 31802/21/2015

R317 KC came out after leaving the show. He seems calmer and happier now

by Anonymousreply 31902/21/2015

KC never came out! He has mental issues, it seems.

Howard Stern is a great listen and I won't be swayed here.

by Anonymousreply 32002/21/2015

319, Show me proof that KC came out. I totally don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 32102/21/2015

[quote]I shake my head whenever Robin starts the news and they play those gag love songs the listeners send in - the ones that say how hot Robin is, how she has the greatest boobs, ass, vagine. Little Mikey, Psych and Eli Braden would not fuck a woman who looks like Robin with a 10-foot pole. I guess they just want air time and it's more a tradition to play those songs.

The best was when she was parading around that hot, young, white boy "artist" Brendan Murphy as her alleged fucktoy for about a year. She ponied up cash to back his "15 Foundation" charity thing. The pics were hilarious--he always looked as if he'd rather be anywhere else than with her. To this day, she won't talk about what "broke them up", and Howard is flat-out forbidden to even mention his name. The consensus among Stern fans is that he took the money and ran.

by Anonymousreply 32202/21/2015

I missed the Brendan Murphy period, R322. Thanks. Robin's dating history is interesting. Her longest relationship, Mr. X., was smart to keep his privacy. Funny enough, it appears he may have been the only one who was genuine.

I knew things wouldn't work out with Jim Florentine. I always believed he used Robin for more airtime/plugs and access to Howard.

by Anonymousreply 32302/21/2015

KC and his transexual girlfriend would both tell you LOUDLY that KC is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 32402/21/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!