Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anthony Bourdain Jumps to CNN

I doubt if the Travel Channel will be all that sad to see him go:

Anthony Bourdain is leaving the Travel Channel to join CNN for his own show that will launch sometime in the early part of 2013. The author, media personality and chef will become the news channel’s marquee personality in its efforts to broaden lifestyle programming.

The program is still untitled but will air in the evening on Sundays. CNN executives described a show that seems to be similar to Bourdain’s TC series that has been very popular, as it will have him examining cultures from all over the world via food, travel and dining.

The new deal will also have Bourdain appear on other programs on CNN as a regular contributor, though it is uncertain whether or not he will appear on CNN before his actual show starts sometime in 2013.

Bourdain said he was excited about joining CNN and he said the world for him was going to get much bigger. He said he hoped his regular fans and any new ones would be excited with what is in store for them down the road.

The show will air Sunday evenings and repeat the following Saturday night. In a prepared statement, CNN said, “For more than the 10 years, Anthony Bourdain has help educate Americans about cultures and cuisines from all over the world, as well as be a commentator on new social trends that range from celebrity chefs’ popularity to fast food chain popularity to veganism and vegetarianism.”

A signature of Bourdain has been to travel to disaster and war torn areas and he won an Emmy for an episode he did in Haiti following the devastating earthquake.

by Anonymousreply 1007/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 105/31/2012

Didn't Scripps buy The Travel Channel a couple of years ago? They own The Food Network too, of whom Tony is not a fan.

NO RESERVATIONS was a great show at one time, but Bourdain got soft when he had a kid. He started visiting boring places in the US and it became another dull food/travel show.

by Anonymousreply 205/31/2012

I like the guy, at least his TV personality, and I've read his book and enjoyed it.

That said, he has an amazingly limited vocabulary when it comes to talking about food. You would think he could do a bit more than "Oh man, this is good, this is really good."

by Anonymousreply 305/31/2012

R3, he's fried his brain with whatever kind of speed it is that he favors (maybe all of them mixed together, plus Tabasco sauce) & his vocabulary is accordingly limited.

by Anonymousreply 405/31/2012

I used to like his shows, but now they're 80 percent getting drunk, 10 percent macho midlife crisis stunts, 10 percent food. Stale.

by Anonymousreply 505/31/2012

I'm tired of his schtick.

by Anonymousreply 605/31/2012

What happened to his first wife? Why did he leave her? His new wife seems very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 706/17/2012

R7: He was a serial cheater.

by Anonymousreply 806/17/2012

CNN is constantly promoting him, I am already sick of him . I even saw him sitting at a round table discussion of politics. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

CNN is just going further and further down the drain. First they gave that cunt Piers Morgan the old gig of living corpse Larry King, and now they give that idiot Bourdain a travel/food show? Couldn't they have found someone more likable in both cases?

I dislike Bourdain immensely but I watch his shows because I enjoy seeing all the food of the places he visits.

by Anonymousreply 1007/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!