Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CNN's EPIC Fail. The ratings keep going lower and lower, bitches.

The bad news just keeps coming for CNN.

May was the network's worst month for total viewers during primetime in over 20 years. CNN drew an average of just 389,000 primetime viewers from April 30 to May 27. In comparison, MSNBC drew an average of 674,000 total viewers, while Fox News boasted an average of 1,692,000 total viewers.

It was also the network's second-worst month in primetime for viewers in the key demographic since October 1991.

Things were especially bad at the 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. timeslots. Piers Morgan drew an average of 417,000 total viewers and 117,000 viewers age 25-54 — the lowest numbers the 9 p.m. slot has seen in two decades. Erin Burnett received just 89,000 viewers in the key demo at 7 p.m.

The news is the latest development in CNN's worsening ratings struggle. The network had its lowest-rated month in over a decade in April. That prompted management to issue stern warnings about improving numbers. However, the recent dismal results are not surprising, given that the network hit a 20-year primetime low during the week of May 14.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37905/13/2015

On the contrary R1, they preach right wing southern republican bigot, just like their news directors have been the last twenty years.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 205/31/2012

They should stop hiring assholes from Fox and assholes like Ari Fleischer. Who wants to look at his fugly mug lying every night. CNN is too right wing now so they deserve their horrible fate.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 305/31/2012

GOOD!

R1, are you a moron?

No, they do not preach to the (liberal) choir because the truth tends to have a liberal bias and they choose to give voice to rightwing buffoons like Trump. I don't want to hear from clowns, including Blizer.

That's why I stopped watching a coupe of years ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 405/31/2012

That Faux News number is depressing.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 505/31/2012

David Letterman suggested that Regis replace Piers. Not a bad idea.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 605/31/2012

Not really, R5. It's expected.

Liberals are more likely to look to new media for their info because we don't believe the bullshit coming from antiquated media.

We embrace technology and the truth. We are also pretty sick of the same old, DC talking heads in their little circle jerks.

Old fucks are angry idiots who like to look at the pretty dames in the short skirts with their potty mouths going off about minorities and gays destroying 'merkuh.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 805/31/2012

Good News. CNN is becoming like Fox.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 905/31/2012

Piers Morgan IS part of the problem.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1005/31/2012

R8 is correct. Fox's ratings are so high because it's mostly old fucks who are home all day watching. The number of younger viewers is significantly lower for Fox News than it is for other networks, and Fox's website has the lowest traffic of any of the major network news websites. As the nasty, hate-filled, bigoted old fucks in this country continue to croak, the ratings for Fox will go down.

I am in my 30s and I don't know anyone in my age group or younger who gets the majority of our news from TV. We are all online.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1105/31/2012

CNN has hired the producer who created that anti-Obama ad on Fox that caused so much controversy the other day. The higher ups at CNN are complete FOOLS. I hope their ratings get even worse.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1205/31/2012

[quote]That Faux News number is depressing.

Fox News is like crack for mindless right wingers. it manipulates their emotions (i.e. fear, hate and resentment). It works like entertainment.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1305/31/2012

Are you serious, r12?

WTF??

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1405/31/2012

All of the medical offices I've ever been to have it tuned to FOX.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1505/31/2012

CNN International is really good, it's the domestic CNN that totally sucks.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1605/31/2012

As I mentioned in another CNN ratings thread, they need to wipe the slate clean, and start over.

Find new people. Quit bringing back the same ones, or just adding more fish to the pond.

Start fresh, fools!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1705/31/2012

It's true R14, they've actually brought over a lot of people from Fox. Ken Jauch who runs CNN now was the person who brought Glenn Beck to the network. What CNN wants to be now is anti-liberal, anti-Obama 24/7.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1805/31/2012

Good.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 1905/31/2012

[quote]Erin Burnett received just 89,000 viewers in the key demo at 7 p.m.

Could they get higher numbers if they just ran a few old "Heckle and Jeckle" cartoons in that slot?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2005/31/2012

CNN doesn't have enough black talking heads. One good thing from Obama's reign, a lot of blacks got hired for TV work.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2105/31/2012

I used to love Heckle and Jeckle. I would watch their cartoons in a heart beat. I think they've been banned as racist.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2205/31/2012

Give Carol Costello a damn primetime show of her own! She's been the best at CNN for years now.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2305/31/2012

No one is watching "news" after 7 except old farts. Old farts tune to FOX for their nightly bashing of... you name it.

The 24 hour News Networks have lost their usefulness unless there's breaking news. They choose to cover fluff rather than important news stories. The bring on the same, tiresome pundits whose position is know before they even come on, so we're not l;earning anything from them.

How these fools make money, I don't understand. Who in the hell is looking for their advice?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2405/31/2012

[quote] Find new people.

Where are they supposed to find these new people? I agree that Anderson Cooper, Piers Morgan, and Erin Burnett aren't working, but I'm not sure there are any big news personalities anymore who would attract a big audience.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2505/31/2012

[quote]I think they've been banned as racist.

How could Heckle and Jeckle be construed as racist? One had a Bronx accent and the other a veddy proper British accent. They were magpies not crows. Where's the racism?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2605/31/2012

The only thing that matters about CNN is that Anderson and Ben are madly in love and will be happy together for an eternity.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2705/31/2012

I watch CNN and love there programs. If Anderson looses his job, will he and Benjamin have to move out of the firehose?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2805/31/2012

Ashleigh Banfield, Campbell Brown, Erin Burnett...sheesh!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 2905/31/2012

AC at 8PM: 388,000 viewers – down 38%; 116,000 in A25-54 – down 41%

He is part of it too.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3005/31/2012

"CNN is to bias"

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3105/31/2012

Anderson Cooper 360 at 10PM: 420,000 – down 59%; 147,000 in 25-54 – down 62% Even worse at Ten.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3205/31/2012

I'm an MSNBC addict. I wake up to 'Morning Joe' and go to bed to 'The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell.'

If CNN/HLN would give Joy Behar a show again, I'd tune in. Joy's previous show was terrific.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3305/31/2012

I think CNN spent too much time on promotiong Anderson Cooper and wants he failed they haven't been able to draw more viewers. CNN tries to make it too much about AC covering the story and it should be about what the story is about. I never understood, the pictures of him in the jungle posing. Or squinting in a camera while standing in wreckage. That's not jourmalism. So AC looks good wearing a tight black tee in a forest. And? This whole act just isn't working anymore.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3405/31/2012

[quote]wants he failed

FAIL!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3505/31/2012

I'm keepin' it honest!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3605/31/2012

8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s) FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 2,849 446 1,015 CNN Anderson Cooper 360 427 132 169 MSNBC Ed Show 962 244 409 CNBC CRIME INC: ILLEGAL GAMBLE 101 48 60 HLN Nancy Grace 534 163 275

4th place AC Tuesday night. Epic failure.

ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 1,578 298 612 CNN Anderson Cooper 360 333 115 170 MSNBC Last Word W/ L. ODONNELL 789 261 383 CNBC 60 Minutes ON CNBC 298 136 147 HLN Nancy Grace 288 104 134

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3705/31/2012

ANDERSON ALMOST KILLED BY RUNAWAY COMFORT INN SIGN!!!!

"Now THAT makes for BOFFO ratings! Put that boy on the network three times a day.. give him three.. no.... FOUR hours!!"

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3805/31/2012

Friday night Ratings. Pitiful, 273,000. Epic Failure is CNN and their golden boy.

THE OREILLY FACTOR SPCL 1,552 338 639 CNN ANDERSON COOPER SPCL RPT 273 90 122 MSNBC Ed Show 781 155 305 CNBC THE APPRENTICE 105 33 55 HLN Nancy Grace 334 103 146

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 3905/31/2012

From AC, Piers Morgan, Roland Martin & Soledad O'Brien, CNN has a staff of unappealing, self righteous bores. I don't like Fox, but I like Shepherd Smith & Chris Wallace. MSNBC has a wide variety of personalities. I can't think of one person on CNN that I could stand to watch for more than 5 minutes. Plus, they never seem to think of any new ideas. They keep recycling the same basic shows with (more or less) the same people over and over again, strangely expecting different results.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4005/31/2012

I believe it was a Ramada Inn sign.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4105/31/2012

I'm thinking that Don Lemon will be jumping ship later this year, too.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4205/31/2012

R42 I don't understand why they won't give Don a weekenight show. I think CNN is holding him back. From Blitzer, Erin, Kind, AC and Piers their numbers are horrible why not Give Lemon a chance?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4305/31/2012

Instead of dumping overpaid ratings losers like Morgan and Blitzer, NewsBlues reports that CNN reduced its staff of on-air meteorologists by two this week.

Reynolds Wolf, a "big event" Atlanta-based correspondent since 2006 and Jacqui Jeras, with the network since 1999, were both shown the door recently.

Jeras was front and center during CNN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina, putting in 84 hours on the air.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4405/31/2012

r28, an unamed CBS exec said if Cooper leaves CNN he has a job at "60 Minutes" waiting for him.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4505/31/2012

"CNN is to bias" as what is to what?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4605/31/2012

It's easy to say CNN should hire new people, but who are these magical people that CNN should hire to replace Anderson and Piers and make everything better? Let's be realistic: moving Don Lemon or Carol Costello into prime time wouldn't do a damn thing to improve ratings. TV news is dying. There are no news "stars" anymore who can come in and guarantee an audience.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4705/31/2012

If TV news is dying than why is FNC and msnbc have alot more Viewers than CNN? All news should be dying it's not, its CNN more impotantly the guy the promote like hell Anderson Cooper who's ratings are horrible at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4805/31/2012

As expected, CNN keeps that fugly douche Rob Marciano, and fires the other weather people.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 4905/31/2012

R30/R32/R34/R37/R39 is just thrilled it found a thread to go on its AC hating rants since it's being totally ignored in the other thread it tried to invade.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5005/31/2012

CNN has apparently decided to NOT hire that Fox producer who did the anti-Obama ad. Hard to believe CNN would do the right thing there since they despise Obama and are so desperate to be Fox News now.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5105/31/2012

I hope Don leaves soon if they dont offer him something. He is totally wasted on CNN.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5205/31/2012

[quote]Don Lemon or Carol Costello into prime time wouldn't do a damn thing to improve ratings.

R47. That's not true. Yes, unfortunately Fox dominates at night, but MSNBC does respectably well with Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Matthews, etc. People do tune in to watch specific anchor/hosts.

Okay fine, I happen to like Carol Costello, but it doesn't have to be Carol or Don Lemon. But it has to be someone--real live human beings with worthwhile news content to interest and persuade people to watch.

Unless we're going to have the cable airwaves dominated by tabloid shows (HLN) or right-wing whackos (Fox), CNN has to come up with a formula where they get respectable nighttime ratings such as MSNBC. I cetainly wouldn't want CNN to become tabloid or another newsmagazine network where we see '48 Hours' and 'To Catch a Predator' type shows instead of news and analysis.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5305/31/2012

Why would Anthony Bourdain want to work at CNN? They're going down in flames.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5405/31/2012

CNN needs the hot-as-hell Rob Marciano to model red rain slickers this coming hurricane season.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5505/31/2012

Ratings for cable news are down. I suspect it's the economy that is keeping people away from news. I think people see it as gloomy and likely to stay gloomy so they are looking for things that are more uplifting.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5605/31/2012

[quote] MSNBC does respectably well with Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Matthews, etc. People do tune in to watch specific anchor/hosts.

Yes, but the prime-time shows that do well on MSNBC and Fox are those that are hosted by people who aren't really journalists and who have a political point of view. They're not really news shows per se. Straight news no longer attracts viewers, unless it's big, breaking news. So where does that leave CNN? Fox already has captured the conservative audience and MSNBC has captured the liberal audience, so CNN is out of luck. If you can think of any great anchors/hosts who would cause people to turn off Fox or MSNBC and turn on CNN instead, I'd love to hear their names.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5705/31/2012

I think we are all in agreement that Piers Morgan needs to GO!

God knows who they would replace him with.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5805/31/2012

Get rid of Sanjay. Cannot stand him.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 5905/31/2012

I can't bear Don Lemon. Maybe CNN could trade him to BET & get TJ Holmes back? Lemon is really only suited for E! or some such place where he could flutter his false eyelashes & gush over celebrities to his heart's content.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6005/31/2012

hump

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6105/31/2012

R57. We're very much in agreement. CNN needs to have political analysts as anchors/hosts for its nighttime programs--not just news anchors delivering the news.

The reason Fox and MSNBC have done well is because they have hosts who have a point of view and thus can engage their guests in lively, insightly and sometimes provocative discussion. The host also needs to be politically savvy. CNN had a star for a while in Anderson Cooper, but maybe people are just tired of him.

I don't know who to recommend, but CNN needs to find its own version of Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, etc.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6205/31/2012

They can keep the anchors, just lose the pundits and right wing slant. THAT'S the problem with CNN. They carry water for the GOP and don't report honestly, they just pay lip service to honest reporting, they have an agenda and its to serve their right wing corporate masters.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6305/31/2012

[quote] CNN needs to find its own version of Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, etc.

But that's the problem. MSNBC is already known as the "liberal network," and Fox is already known as the "conservative network," so CNN isn't going to make any inroads by trying to be a copycat version of either network in prime time. And if CNN tries to play it down the middle by having a conservative host one hour and a liberal host the next, the network will lack a clear identity and won't find a loyal audience (MSNBC tried this strategy years ago and it didn't work).

CNN is now like the independent candidate fighting for attention in a two-party race. Basically, CNN is fucked. Shifting hosts and anchors around won't address the larger problem.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6405/31/2012

CNN should be like the BBC. Non-biased except when it comes to Palestine.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6505/31/2012

CNN should move to the left.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6605/31/2012

Fortunately for Anderson, dating a barmaid has given him an appreciation of slumming it. He'd probably spit in the face of success at this point.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6705/31/2012

The issue for CNN is how long people watch, not how many.

*More* Americans tune into CNN over the course of the day.

99 million different Americans watched CNN at some point in 2011. 82 million tuned into FOX at some point.

Where FOX eats CNN alive is viewtime. FOX viewers log unbelievable amounts of time watching. CNN gets about 6 minutes per view. Hence the constant newsbreaks. They know what their viewership wants in broad terms, gives it to them, and it's *killing* them in PR terms.

They don't need Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell or any more AndersonfuckingCoopers. The format is dead, they survive by being the only shop offering news that college-educated people will borderline trust. More opinion/stunt driven coverage is not the answer.

Conservatives invade and take over yesterdays broad communication mediums. Radio got killed by TV, they took it over. Cable news died in 98-02 when America signed up for the internet enmasse. That's when conservative took the whole format over. CNN plays by FOX's rules now.

CNN viewers hang on for THE NEWS. So ditch the already dead format, retain THE NEWS, and maybe ... they'll watch longer.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6805/31/2012

If they'd stop SUCKING so much it'd help.

I can't understand how they cannot see how much they suck, and how they cannot perceive precisely what is wrong.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 6905/31/2012

They've lost too many people in recent years - many of their big names went to FOX (eg. Lou Dobbs, Ed Henry, Bill Hemmer etc.) or to ABC (Jeff Greenfield), or have retired (eg. Larry King).

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7005/31/2012

CNN is the disaster/election network. Without them, the ratings tank.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7105/31/2012

CNN was good in the 90's with Bobby Bautista and those other anchors back then. I don't have a problem with Anderson Cooper, but I do wish they'd go back to their old format in the 90's, they were good then.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7205/31/2012

They don't NEED "big names". They need journalistic integrity, and good solid news reporting.

They cannot fire Wolf Blitzer fast enough for my taste.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7305/31/2012

I'm watching Erin's show.

It sucks.

Of course, it's always sucked.

Will they start to re-do the shows after the Presidential election?

Wonder what kind of ratings the Queen's Jubilee will bring?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7405/31/2012

[quote] or have retired (eg. Larry King)

Actually Larry was fired.

CNN put all there eggs in one basket, Anderson Cooper.

The amount of PR they poured into him has not paid off.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7505/31/2012

Hundreds will be watching the Piers Morgan special for the Queen

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7605/31/2012

R72, it's spelled 'Bobbie Battista'.

And I don't think she was taken that seriously as an anchor. She was mainly known for doing the nightly summaries in the O.J. Simpson trial.

And the fact that she was cross-eyed didn't help either.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7705/31/2012

Piers was supposed to have brung in big ratings too, but that hasn't paid off either.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7805/31/2012

Larry King was not fired.

And anyway, the point is that Piers Morgan, while improving in recent months, has not turned out to be giant that Larry was.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 7905/31/2012

R74, is it true that Burnett's husband/fiancee is a Wall Street trader?

And last night she had the gall to say that SuperPAC's make the elections process more transparent!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8005/31/2012

Piers Morgan has been an utter flop for the network. Major mistake.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8105/31/2012

[quote] They need journalistic integrity, and good solid news reporting.

You and I may agree on that, but "journalistic integrity" and "solid news reporting" don't attract viewers in prime time anymore. If they did, Fox News wouldn't be the cable news ratings leader.

[quote] I do wish they'd go back to their old format in the 90's, they were good then.

But the 90s are over. Back then, people still got a lot of their news from TV. Now, people get all the headlines on the Internet and their smartphones.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8205/31/2012

Larry was fired.

He is starting up a new show on digital network ora.tv.

Most of his staff from CNN have followed him to this new venture.

So if he wasn't fired, why is he starting up a new NIGHTLY show on another network?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8305/31/2012

Hiring Carol Burnett's daughter Erin, hasn't brought in the ratings either.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8405/31/2012

I like CNN International because they tend to just report the facts (about what's happening all over the world, not just in the USA). Some shows do specialize in analysis, but the ones I make it a point to watch just tell me what's happened overnight or during the day. That can done with a middle of the road approach, which is what CNN USA says it wants be known for.

Maybe CNN USA should alternate between "just the facts" one hour & some point of view the next hour -- women, gays, education, health, sports, etc. I might tune in to see an hour of straight news (without pundits) & stick around for an hour of POV, then maybe get sucked into another hour of straight news (not a repeat, at least a new anchor), then stick around for another hour of some other POV, etc.

I don't care who CNN USA's "personalities" are, I think the network should focus on content. Why not hire Ted Turner as a consultant & listen to what he says? He did a pretty good job his first time around.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8505/31/2012

His CNN specials were not doing as well as CNN hoped and so yes, his contract for those has not been renewed, but he was not fired from his regular former job.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8605/31/2012

[quote] but he was not fired from his regular former job.

So why is he starting up a new NIGHTLY show on another network?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8705/31/2012

Larry King retired from full-time duties on CNN because he was 75 years old and his latest wife (whom he almost divorced) told him she wanted him at home .

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8805/31/2012

R88 don't read from a press release.

CNN put Larry out to pasture, and he wasn't happy about it at all.

If his wife wanted him home, why start up a new nightly show that will keep him even more away from home?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 8905/31/2012

[quote]his latest wife (whom he almost divorced) told him she wanted him at home .

If I were Larry King's wife, I'd want him anywhere but at home -- preferably off somewhere making money, but certainly not at home with me!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9005/31/2012

CNN CEO Phil Kent says some shows may be replaced.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9105/31/2012

Exactly R90

CNN put Larry out to pasture, and thought Piers ability to create 'controversy' with his shows would boost ratings.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9205/31/2012

I can't believe ABC John Berman quit that network to go to CNN

Doesn't her know CNN is now the Titanic?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9305/31/2012

Whose stupid idea was it to bring back Soledad O'Brien in the mornnig? She's as dull as dishwater.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9405/31/2012

I find Soledad O'Brien's voice very annoying.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9505/31/2012

R91, that article says that they WON'T replace Erin, Anderson, or Piers.

Part of the fucking problem.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9605/31/2012

I used to like Soledad, but she has mannerisms that are so irritating, including her voice, she just bugs me now.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9705/31/2012

The article also says that the Pres of CNN says AC is a 'star' and his low ratings are a reflection of a poor lead-in

Is he that delusional?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9805/31/2012

[quote]THE OREILLY FACTOR SPCL 1,552 338 639

On a Friday night? Quelle surprise!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 9905/31/2012

If America is "destroyed" it's because people are retarded enough to watch Bill O'Reilly and other Blame Everyone But Yourself programming.

Edward Murrow and Walter Cronkite would spin in their graves if anyone dared call that horseshit "news".

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10005/31/2012

Soledad O'Brien is one of the only Democrats left at CNN, so I'd keep that in mind when you criticize her.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10105/31/2012

CNN will never be able to compete with FOX by trying to attract a more conservative viewer. FOX has that market cornered and they do it better than anyone.

The look of CNN's sets and their somber lighting is depressing. MSNBC and FOX both have eye-catching sets and bright lighting. Viewers want to see cheery sets when they watch the news.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10205/31/2012

They need to fire Piers & AC and get back to their old format if they want to survive.

I can't stand Ryan Seacrest but he would be better suited to interviewing celebrities vs Piers.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10305/31/2012

So the head of CNN says Anderson needs a better lead in. Then I read that Erin Anderson is safe?

So maybe they are going to move her? They should try her in the afternoon and make it all about Wall Street and her interviewing her pals from there. She doesn't belong in main stream news.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10405/31/2012

Replace Piers with Phil Donahue. He'd be terrific in that one-on-one medium.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10505/31/2012

Soledad O'Brien has an obnoxious voice and facial expressions. I think she's someone who realizes she is crap, but because she apparently is regarded well at CNN, she feels like she has to try extra hard to fake some on-air skills, which makes her delivery even more unwatchable. Also, she's a cutch.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10605/31/2012

Not a fan of the CNBC stars trying to make it in mainstream news. Erin Burnett and Dylan Ratigan being the two examples here. I liked both of them on CNBC, but their new shows are unwatchable.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10705/31/2012

R106, what does "cutch" mean?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10805/31/2012

BRING. BACK. TED. TURNER.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 10905/31/2012

I know she's damaged goods now, but Rosie's one-on-one interviews in the latter days of her OWN talk show were riveting--even better than Charlie Rose.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11005/31/2012

The president of CNN can praise Piers Morgan and Erin Burnett all he wants. They're not working. Piers just turned out to be a big disappointment. I don't know why Larry King lasted so long--and I didn't even like Larry all that much, but Piers is not Larry. Piers is just such a chore to watch even when it's a good guest. And he needs to stop asking his guests, "How many times have you been properly in love?" It's stupid. Plus Piers is smack in the middle of the primetime schedule--kind of ruins the whole evening. CNN screwed up hiring him.

I don't dislike Erin Burnett, but she hardly deserved her own show simply because she had some appeal as the stock exchange reporter for a few minutes on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

And Anderson Cooper was the star of CNN for a considerable period of time, but I don't know why he seems not to have that appeal now. Maybe he's overexposed with that dreadful daytime chat show of his. But Anderson Cooper was the "it" guy for a long time. If you recall, Cooper took over from Aaron Brown several years ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11105/31/2012

R110. Rosie O'Donnell is made for TV. I wish she'd come back. She would have been perfect host instead of Piers Morgan. I hate calling her 'damaged goods' as you did, but I understand what you're saying and perhaps she's worn out her welcome with the public--not with me--but I can see how she's become a target of criticism.

Plus at this point, there would be so much pressure on Rosie to 'save the network' if they were to give her Piers' time slot now.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11205/31/2012

r108, urban dictionary has some other definitions, including a period of time that feels like an extended hug, but I only use it as #6 on the list.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11305/31/2012

R109 nails it.

THe death of CNN was when Ted Turner sold it.

Strangely, CNN International still rocks.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11405/31/2012

"I don't know why Larry King lasted so long"

He lasted a long time because he was a great interviewer who interviewed everyone from Marlon Brando to Margaret Thatcher. He interviewed virtually every President, Prime Minister, movie star, athlete, singer and everyone else under the sun.

And he had connections in show biz going back 50 years. He knew all the celebrities and old-timers from the Golden Days of Hollywood. That's why he used to do a lot of Tribute shows when a movie star died. Piers Morgan sucks at that.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11505/31/2012

Rosie will be vying for Piers's job when he's fired, and he will be fired at some point. Rosie did fill in for him once. Of course, if Ryan Seacrest wants the job, it's his.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11605/31/2012

[quote] Of course, if Ryan Seacrest wants the job, it's his.

Not anymore. Once he signed with NBC, Universal now has exclusivity on his services.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11705/31/2012

R114, I think he was essentially pushed out of power by TW and AOL.

[quote]Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. merged with Time Warner, Inc. on October 10, 1996, with Turner as vice chairman and head of Time Warner and Turner's cable networks division.[23] Turner was dropped as head of cable networks by CEO Gerald Levin but remained as Vice Chairman of Time Warner. He resigned as Time Warner vice chairman in 2003 and then from the board of directors in 2006.

On January 11, 2001, Time Warner was purchased by AOL to become AOL Time Warner, a merger which Turner initially supported. However, the burst of the dotcom bubble hurt the growth and profitability of the AOL division which in turned dragged down the combined company's performance and stock price. At a board meeting in fall 2001, Turner's outburst against AOL Time Warner CEO Gerald Levin eventually led to the latter's announced resignation effective in early 2002, being replaced by Richard Parsons. In contrast to Levin who as CEO isolated Turner from important company matters, Parsons did invite Turner back to provide strategic advice although Turner never received an operational role that he sought.[24] The company dropped "AOL" from its name in 2003. In December 2009, AOL was spun off from the Time Warner conglomerate as a separate company.

Turner was Time Warner's biggest individual shareholder. It is estimated he lost as much as $7 billion when the stock collapsed in the wake of the merger. When asked about buying back his former assets, he replied that he can't afford them now.[25]

I recall the days of Bernard Shaw, Amanpour and Woodruff. Covering the coup in Russia and the Bosnia War.

No "missing blond girls."

No reality crap.

Just amazing International/Domestic coverage.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11805/31/2012

Ted Turner was on Piers Morgan the other night and said CNN should be The New York Times on TV.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 11905/31/2012

Cooper took over from Aaron Brown after Hurricane Katrina.

What made him an instant star (because his 8 p.m. -- or was it 7 p.m.? -- 360 show was lackluster at best), was the night he was in New Orleans interviewing Mary Landrieu and she started thanking and praising President Bush and Congress for all their help.

AC interrupted her and said (paraphrase), "Senator, I saw a woman lying dead on the street today, and I don't want to hear politicians congratulating each other for the great jobs they're doing." And his voice broke and he nailed her to the wall.

It was the Thursday night after Katrina hit on Monday, and up to that point, there had been no negative coverage of the government response to Katrina whatsoever, but within a short time, Dan Rather was giving a more honest assessment on CBS, Shepherd Smith did the same thing on Fox, and by the next morning, virtually all newscasters were castigating Bush and the government for not giving a shit.

Then virtually overnight, AC replaced Aaron Brown and was considered the hottest property in TV news.

But now that has all faded, perhaps because he's so firmly entrenched in the closet, no one except his hardcore fans take him seriously any more.

Or because right-wingers watch Fox during AC's time slot, left-leaners watch MSNBC, and anyone who cares enough to watch news at that time is not the middle-of-the-road undecided independent who could listen to him without recognizing he's full of shit.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12005/31/2012

I think Shepherd Smith is unhappy at Fox. I can see CNN luring him away and building their whole prime time around him.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12105/31/2012

[quote]He lasted a long time because he was a great interviewer

R115. I'm not defending Piers Morgan because I don't like him. But Larry King was not a great interviewer. He was terrible. He often asked softball, sophmoric questions. But he was a good listener.

And as a result, King got good guests because they knew they could go on his show and sell their book, movie, etc., without being challenged. The guests would open up and tell their stories without feeling like they were on the hotseat. And yes, King's tribute shows were good.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12205/31/2012

Shepherd Smith has already been criticized by the right-wing for pointing out during the GOP primaries that Gingrich & Santorum were not serious candidates.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12305/31/2012

R120. Anderson Cooper is not full of shit. Yes, I wish he'd come out especially when he does his "Keeping Them Honest" segments. But to say that he's full of shit is too much of an indictment of his entire broadcast.

Mitt Romney is full of shit--entirely--from top to bottom, inside and out. On the other hand, Anderson Cooper does have a fair amount of redeeming qualities.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12405/31/2012

But is Anderson Cooper a Mitt Romney supporter, R124?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12505/31/2012

Go back to the format of the 1990s! Hire Rosie O'Donnell! Hire Phil Donahue! Bring back Ted Turner! Jesus, when will some of you bitches ever realize that the 1980s and 90s are over, and that trying to re-create the past never works?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12605/31/2012

It doesn't help that at 10pm, Anderson is a repeat of the 8pm show.

FOX and MSNBC are mostly live shows at that time.

And, yes, Soledad is super annoying, but she's the only Liberal on the damn network.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12705/31/2012

I have some respect for Wolf Blitzer. He was the first anchor to really rip Donald Trump a new one this week over the Birther stuff.

Someone in the media should have taken Trump down a peg a long time ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12805/31/2012

R124, you have a right to your opinion, and I think it's clear from my post, I don't hate AC, but in my opinion, he is most definitely full of shit.

He's a closet case, and every time I watch him -- admittedly not often -- I find him not hard-hitting and a big sell-out.

The recent clip from his talk show where he had invited a woman to fly from the UK to be on his show, and then kicked her off publicly and insulted her because he didn't like her illustrates why I think the integrity he once tried to display is gone.

I believe AC thinks he is a not-left-not-right version of Rachel Maddow, but it's just not true.

He's not as smart as she is, not as funny as she is, not as polite and respectful (or as hard-hitting) as she is to people with whom she disagrees, and on top of that, he's boring, smug, entitled, and judgmental to an extreme degree.

Plus he's in the closet and pretending it doesn't matter because everyone in his personal life and anyone who matters knows he's gay, even if he's never said it aloud.

So for me, that adds up to Full. Of. Shit.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 12905/31/2012

I think Cooper should go back to doing just a 10 pm live show.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13005/31/2012

"Keeping Them Honest" is total baloney when the host isn't honest.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13105/31/2012

The reason they switched Cooper to 8:00 pm is because that is THE most difficult time slot to fill and they have had a whole slew of people fail in that time slot and CNN finally reached their breaking point and decided to put a bigger name in there.

Connie Chung, Paula Zahn, Campbell Brown etc. all failed in that slot and were fired. CNN decided to give up on having a different show at 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm, and just go with the one show at 8:00 pm and then repeat it later at 10:00 pm with the Piers Morgan/Larry King slot in between.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13205/31/2012

[quote]Connie Chung, Paula Zahn, Campbell Brown etc. all failed in that slot

Connie Chung had more than a million viewers. Compare that to today's numbers.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13305/31/2012

It's funny how many people have an opinion about CNN.

[quote]They don't NEED "big names". They need journalistic integrity, and good solid news reporting.

I agree with this completely. A credible news show, with no analysis and no "stars," would BUILD an audience.

Millions of people watch local news at 10:00 pm - why not create an evening news show that has local cut-ins? It could hardly do worse than the star anchor/opinion/analysis nonsense they're doing now.

Why aren't they going for the NPR audience instead of the Fox audience? I'd say people listen to NPR for news more than analysis.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13405/31/2012

Harvey Weinstein is interviewing Bill Clinton.

He's doing a MUCH better job than Piers.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13505/31/2012

Why isn't Piers interviewing Bill Clinton?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13605/31/2012

Piers is busy with the Queen, r136.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13705/31/2012

[quote]Piers is busy with the Queen,

Anderson Cooper is on with Piers tonight?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13805/31/2012

Too bad. We need a network that at least pretends to be objective.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 13905/31/2012

Oh please, R128.

Trump shouldn't have even been invited on at all; that in itself gives him credibility - and CNN less so.

Who in the hell cares what Blitzer did? Blitzer and CNN are the fools for giving Trump the attention he craves. Same thing with Palin.

Don't talk to or about these clowns.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14005/31/2012

I'm glad she's a Democrat, but she is kind of annoying. I agree that the rest of the anchors/reporters seem like out and out right wingers, especially Candy Crowley.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14105/31/2012

Candy Crowley is big friends with the Bush family.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14205/31/2012

False analogy, R140. CNN and the other networks have NO CHOICE but to cover Trump. Unlike Palin, he has become a major part of Romney's campaign and was appearing at a major FUNDRAISER with him in Las Vegas this week.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14305/31/2012

Palin and Trump are both clowns who appeal to even bigger clowns. The media does not need to cover them because the only morons they appeal to are... morons.

There is no point in covering them because anyone who would show up to any circus hosted by them is a fool.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14406/01/2012

Let me also add that we need to know what Rove and the Koch Bros are up to, not Trump.

Stop making Trump bigger than he already thinks he is because he's not.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14506/01/2012

R144, if Trump is appearing at a major fundraiser with the Republican Nominee, there is nothing that can be done to avoid covering him.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14606/01/2012

r135, I agree, that was a really good - surprisingly good interview.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14706/01/2012

They need to get rid of Pierce Morgan and Erin Burnett.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14806/01/2012

[quote]Candy Crowley is big friends with the Bush family.

Well that figures.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 14906/01/2012

[quote]Candy Crowley is big friends with the Bush family.

It's hard to imagine having a bigger friend than Candy.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15006/01/2012

Candy is a huge presence at all of our parties, she is just a ton of fun to be around.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15106/01/2012

Candy carries a lot of weight around CNN.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15206/01/2012

It's partially due to Candy's love of candy.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15306/01/2012

Is Candy Crowley related to the infamous Satanist, Aleister Crowley, who is rumored to be the real father of Babs Bush?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15406/01/2012

Remember back when Candy was even fatter than she is now, and had to stand sideways in the shot? If she stood full-body she would have taken up the whole screen. It was funny.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15506/01/2012

LOL, you're right R155, I do remember that.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15606/01/2012

Bring me Solo and the Wookie! Ho ho ho ho!

*Belch*

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15706/01/2012

One of CNN's problems is they keep making excuses for Anderson Cooper. Now, they are blaming his ratings on lead ins. But some of the lead ins have better ratings than him and they switch the station when AC is on. If CNN doesn't look into all of the problems then their decline will continue.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15806/01/2012

R158, get over it, as much as you want Anderson to be yanked off the air, it may not happen and yes, Erin Burnett is a terrible lead in for him and so was John King. Sounds like they want to keep Anderson as they should.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 15906/01/2012

Candy Crowley has the hairiest pussy in the world. I bet you could stuff a mattress with her pubic hair.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16006/01/2012

R159 but have you seen his lame ratings? He's 4th place. Behind Nancy Grace for God's sake! Btw is AC paying you to defend him?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16106/01/2012

You're too invested in seeing AC off of CNN R161, you say the same stuff over and over and you're getting nowhere. CNN's not going to do what you want, bad ratings or not, they obviously want Anderson there and you're just going to have to accept it. How are YOU going to get rid of him? You can't, but you just keep bellyaching about his bad ratings, let it go.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16206/01/2012

Perhaps Anderson should come out. That might improve his ratings.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16306/01/2012

Don's out and his ratings are nothing special.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16406/01/2012

No one said coming out will lead to a massive ratings increase, just that for Anderson it might give him a different edge that he no longer has.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16506/01/2012

I find it interesting that CNN has such sacred, sacred cows, even to the detriment of the network.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16606/01/2012

CNN has lost its edge, it doesn't ALL fall on Anderson's shoulders as much as some here want it to be that way.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16706/01/2012

CNN still thinks AC is the savior, even with these rock bottom ratings.

what drugs are the CNN execs on anyhow?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16806/01/2012

Soledad O'Brien is a fucking moron.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 16906/01/2012

They better fire everybody if they're going to fire Anderson, because he's not the blame for everything. What kind of drugs are you on R168?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17006/01/2012

[quote] because he's not the blame for everything.

Then what they should do is cut his multimillion dollar salary because he is obviously not worth it.

Instead they should tie his salary to his ratings. The higher ratings, the more he will be paid.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17106/01/2012

I can't watch Anderson's show. He's such a Log Cabinette. Just watch his show tonight and see how he blames Obama and the Democrats for everything. He belongs on Fox.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17206/01/2012

Should Anderson be outed? Should the gay community tell him that if he does not stop his pro-Republican coverage that he will be exposed for the hypocrite he is?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17306/01/2012

Bottom line, he has not brought in the ratings, he shouldn't be making millions of dollars.

His salary should be cut.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17406/01/2012

I don't blame him for the ratings, but I do agree with R172, he can't even disguise how right wing and Obama hating he is. I think he was creaming over the bad jobs numbers and what it means for Obama.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17506/01/2012

Bottom line, he's staying and still getting the big bucks.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17606/01/2012

How are the ratings for Anderson's tv show?

I thought that it was a hit.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17706/01/2012

[quote] he's staying and still getting the big bucks.

But he doesn't deserve it.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17806/01/2012

One of AC obsessed Andersonfraus is lurking on this thread.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 17906/01/2012

One of the crazed Anderson haters is posting on this thread.

Deserve or not, he's getting and that's just killing you ain't it R178? Too bad. Deal with it.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18006/01/2012

Erin is hot to look at but she has a cold personality on tv. Not very inviting.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18106/01/2012

She's a Republican, R181. That might explain it.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18206/02/2012

I don't think Erin is all that attractive.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18306/02/2012

Compared to the other women at CNN she is.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18406/02/2012

Compared with Brooke Baldwin, Brianna Keilar, Suzanne M, Soledad, she isn't.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18506/02/2012

And the Anderson lunatics have invaded another thread.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18606/02/2012

oh yeah, Erin is pretty hot. People say it all the time.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18706/02/2012

Erin is smug and snide and a right wing, OWS hating bitch. I hope her show gets cancelled.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18806/02/2012

The real lunatic in this thread can be found @ R186.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 18906/02/2012

The only place Morgan is going is jail...

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19006/02/2012

Maxim:

TV's 10 Hottest News Anchors

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19106/02/2012

"The Burden Of Being Erin Burnett

Erin Burnett is hot. She is also a financial reporter. Unfortunately, many of the men around her seem incapable of separating the two. "

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19206/02/2012

"How HOT is Erin Burnett? Wow!

She sure is easy on the eyes and I actually really like her show to"

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19306/02/2012

If you haven't seen it, check out this video of Chris Matthews fawning all over CNBC's Erin Burnett on last Friday's "Hardball." Anyone who watches MSNBC's "Morning Joe" knows Burnett gets the same slimy treatment from Joe Scarborough too. He's like a giddy school boy at the mention of her name. Digby goes deeper into the piggish nature of Matthews behavior...

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19406/02/2012

[quote]Go back to the format of the 1990s! Hire Rosie O'Donnell! Hire Phil Donahue! Bring back Ted Turner! Jesus, when will some of you bitches ever realize that the 1980s and 90s are over, and that trying to re-create the past never works

I'm available!!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19506/02/2012

I do miss that show that they did in the afternoons from the mall area. People were allowed to comment on the topics.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19606/02/2012

Freakin Yids ruined it!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19706/02/2012

They need to get rid of John King and his wandering cock.

And Kate Bouldwin too!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19806/02/2012

Anderson Cooper has absolutely no credibility because he has such a SLIM news-background before coming to CNN

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 19906/02/2012

I envy people like Erin.

Gorgeous.

Smart.

Grew up wealthy.

Marrying wealth.

Bit of fame.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20006/02/2012

have they ever revealed who John King was fucking?

Was it someone on-air?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20106/02/2012

Experience counts and some people have quite a bit of it.

I'm not getting where Erin Burnett is so hot and smart, she's only ok looking and is constantly getting criticism for her lack of knowledge on foreign policy and reliance on right wing talking points. She even made Salon's hack list.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20206/02/2012

[quote] Experience counts and some people have quite a bit of it.

and Anderson Cooper has no experience before CNN

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20306/02/2012

Anderson has expeirence in being overpaid and overrated and not bringing in viewers.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20406/02/2012

He has plenty of it now and that matters, but I'm not going to go back and forth on this with someone who obviously has an ax to grind against AC. Keep on grinding, we'll just have to disagree.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20506/02/2012

I thought that Anderson's job as host of "The Mole" was considered experience?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20606/02/2012

They spent too much time pushing AC and now viewers got tried of him and they have nothing to fall back on. Its a diaster. It might have worked 2005 t0 2008 but viewers are sick of AC and his ratings and CNN ratings prove it. Yet, they still keep making excuses for him. Oh well, their failure.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20706/02/2012

CNN hired AC because of his Celeb status. Hired him from the mole? Come on! LOL

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20806/02/2012

[quote] He has plenty of it now and that matters,

R205 please fill in the blanks

Number of Emmys won by AC as an INDIVIDUAL____

Number of years spent in local news___

Number of years spent as a Washington reporter___

Number of years spent working in a network news Bureau outside of NY___

Number of years spent working as a reporter overseas___

Go ahead and fill in the blanks, if we are spouting off mis-information about his past news experience. Go fill in AC past news experience BEFORE CNN.

If you can't, then it is true. Anderson Cooper has zero experience as a journalist. So what is he doing in news at CNN?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 20906/02/2012

R209 he didn't even get a degeree in journalism or go to journalism school.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21006/02/2012

Just because Tweety and Rush think Erin is hot doesn't make her so.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21106/02/2012

R205 cannot fill in the blanks, so it should be agreed upon that AC has ZERO experience in news before CNN.

There is no dispute.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21206/02/2012

Anderson is not the reason that CNN is suffering.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21306/02/2012

R213 he has no news experience before CNN. It shows in his inept performance on-camera.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21406/02/2012

I swear, I am regular watcher of CNN and I wouldn't know Erin Burnett if she knocked on my front door right now.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21506/02/2012

He's not inept on camera.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21606/02/2012

OK he has no news experience before CNN

That is NOT in dispute.

Satisfied?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21706/02/2012

"In 1995, Cooper became a correspondent for ABC News, eventually rising to the position of co-anchor on its overnight World News Now program on September 21, 1999."

You are very wrong, R217

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21806/02/2012

R218 please fill in the blanks at R209

If you can't, then he has had very SLIM news experience before joining CNN

That is not in dispute his slim news background.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 21906/02/2012

R218 a general assignment reporter is nothing to brag about, and is hardly brain surgery.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22006/02/2012

OK he has very SLIM news experience before CNN

That is NOT in dispute.

Satisfied?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22106/02/2012

It was actually feature reporting he did at ABC which is not really news reporting.

At World News Now all he did was read off a tele-prompter.

So again he had no news experience before joining CNN

SO that is NOT in dispute anymore.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22206/02/2012

AC had no news experience before joining CNN

THAT IS A FACT AND NOT IN DISPUTE!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22306/02/2012

He did not have slim experience before CNN. He had extensive experience. He been co-anchor of World News Now and was a reporter for years before that. A look at his wiki page would show that he had other experience outside of ABC.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22406/02/2012

[quote] He did not have slim experience before CNN. He had extensive experience. He been co-anchor of World News Now

All he did was read off a tele-prompter

[quote] and was a reporter for years before that.

All he did was 'feature' reporting. He didn't do any news reports at all.

Again if you cannot fill-out R209 then the conclusion is that he has virtually no news experience before joining CNN

That is NOT in dispute.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22506/02/2012

R225, you keep moving the goal posts. Who had more experience by age 35 than Anderson did when he went to CNN?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22606/02/2012

Oh Lord. Can we have a SINGLE thread that doesnt evolve into discussion about Anderson Cooper's career and whether he is still with Ben or not? Can we??

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22706/02/2012

R227 is right. Let's keep the discussion to being about CNN's overall predicament as a whole and where they should go from here rather than becoming obsessed over one person.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22806/02/2012

[quote] Who had more experience by age 35 than Anderson did when he went to CNN?

Jane Pauley was on Today at age 25

Joan Lunden was on GMA by age 30

Jessica Savitch was hired at NBC News by age 30

I could go on, but my point has been made. TONS of people have gotten to the network level by age 30, five years before AC went to CNN at age 35.

Next.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 22906/02/2012

Katie Couric began as anchor for Today at age 34. She was actually Pentagon correspondent before that by age 32.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23006/02/2012

Today and GMA are not news shows, R229. They just read TPs and talk to celebrities. I'll give you Jessica S, but she's one person 30 years ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23106/02/2012

Bottom line Anderson Cooper had virtually no news experience before joining CNN.

That is NOT in dispute anymore.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23206/02/2012

Katie Couric was pentagon correspondent by age 32.

Lesley Stahl and Connie Chung were both Washington reporters at CBS News in their 20s.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23306/02/2012

It's not relevant to the issue at hand, R232. I'm not a fan of Anderson (I think he's a Republican), but the main topic here is the future of CNN and its overall direction.

Getting into a bitch fest over Anderson isn't getting us anywhere.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23406/02/2012

R232 - You sound like those Obama haters who keep talking about him being just a community organizer. You and they are both wrong.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23506/02/2012

Jake Tapper was ABC News Washington Political Reporter by age 34.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23606/02/2012

[quote] but the main topic here is the future of CNN and its overall direction.

But the issue is AC non-existent news experience. As such because he has no experience, he should go.

Blame the andersonfans who insists he has news experience, when it has proven he has none.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23706/02/2012

Norah O'Donnell was NBC Chief Washington Correspondent at age 29.

I think I've proven my point that MANY MANY people have gotten to the network level under the age of 35. So AC is nothing special having gotten to CNN at age 35.

Face it AC has zero news experience before joining CNN. That is now not in dispute.

Next.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23806/02/2012

[quote] You and they are both wrong.

Then fill out R209

If you can't, the bottom line is that AC has no news experience.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 23906/02/2012

R209 is biased against AC. He had about five years of experience with ABC in NY, some of that as a co-host for World News Tonight.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24006/02/2012

Today CNN had Reynold's Wolf anchoring the desk on one channel and Rob Marciano on the other, and neither of them were doing the weather. They were both reading the news.

It seemed like CNN just gave up on the idea of even pretending their anchors are more than comely talking heads.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24106/02/2012

I would rather watch MSNBC. CNN is too conservative.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24206/02/2012

[quote] He had about five years of experience with ABC in NY, some of that as a co-host for World News Tonight.

Again all he did was read off a tele-prompter, reading words someone else wrote for him. And during the graveyard shift, where no is watching.

Please fill out R209, because if you can't there is no dispute. He has no news experience before joining CNN.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24306/03/2012

R240 how is R209 being biased, when you can't even fill in AC own past work experience?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24406/03/2012

OK R240 why don't we say this. AC had a very SLIM news background before joining CNN.

Feel better? Then that FACT is not is dispute.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24506/03/2012

Paula Zahn and Bill Hemmer were great in the morning. Bill has great chemistry with a nice looking lady that isn't threatening. He'd be good as Kelly Rippa's co-host.

Kelly should have her husband Mark and Bill on her show, and have the guys take off their shirts.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24606/03/2012

Rob Marciano is CNN's Weatherman, but they are grooming him to have some basic anchor experience by letting him host the morning show on the weekends.

He is rumored to be a Republican.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24706/03/2012

At this rate, we soon won't be able to distinguish Anderson's ratings numbers from his T-cell count!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24806/03/2012

Luke Russert was reporting at MSNBC at age 22, and within two years is filling in as host for Chuck Todd and several of the other anchors.

Top that, Anderson Cooper!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 24906/03/2012

Erin Burnett is horrible.

Wolf Blitzer is beyond horrible (Wolf, vary your speech cadence once in a while for fuck's sake!).

Plus the entire network was GW Bush's cheerleading team for the faux Iraq WMD thing.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25006/03/2012

I've got a novel idea for CNN. Report the fucking news. Go out an hire some news reporters and a few hosts who know something about he news they read. Get rid of the models - gay men and straight men and big bosomed blondes - who are passing as reporters and hosts. Stop copying Fox and MSNBC. They aren't successful. They just don't suck as much as you do.

And another thing, keep your anchors at home doing the fucking news. If AC wants to be a celebrity talk show host, let him go off and do it. If he wants to be a 60 Minutes host, let him go. He's a distraction, not a reporter. He's never going to be Edward Murrow. He's a closeted stuttering model, nothing more. Let him go. Then as a network, grow up and look to your distant past and be what Ted created in the first place - a 24 hour NEWS network.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25106/03/2012

Sorry about the poor typing.

Go out AND hire.... who know something about THE news....

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25206/03/2012

It is so scary how some of AC obsessed andersonfraus think he is even in the same league as Edward Murrow.

Again AC had an extremely SLIM news background before joining CNN.

That is NOT in dispute.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25306/03/2012

Bump.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25406/03/2012

I am amazed that nobody has ever walked up to Blitzer and asked him to lay off on the "uhhh....uhhh...uhhh"s he uses in every other sentence.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25506/03/2012

I wonder how AC feels about his low ratings or does he not care as long as he's paid?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25606/06/2012

I think he just giggles when he sees the ratings and says "Well, MY check cleared."

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25706/06/2012

AC continues to get blown away by the competetion. from Monday. 8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s) FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 2,971 489 1,138 CNN Anderson Cooper 360 460 151 196 MSNBC Ed Show 818 181 318 CNBC BIO: THE ROCKEFELLERS 200 55 98 HLN Nancy Grace 430 181 247

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25806/06/2012

AC has an EXTREMELY SLIM News Background before joining CNN

That fact is not in dispute.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 25906/06/2012

R259 I wonder how come no one talks about his lack of education. He didn't go to journalism school, or get a degree in journalism. Therefore academically he is disqualified to be a journalist. A doctor must get a doctorate degree. A journalist must get a degree like Don Lemon did.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26006/06/2012

[quote]I am amazed that nobody has ever walked up to Blitzer and asked him to lay off on the "uhhh....uhhh...uhhh"s he uses in every other sentence.

Yeah, what's up with that? Very annoying habit of his. I love that there was an article written recently about Wolf confronting Trump implying that Wolf had finally woken up from his coma to do something substantial.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26106/06/2012

[quote]He didn't go to journalism school, or get a degree in journalism. Therefore academically he is disqualified to be a journalist.

He is an actor who reads a teleprompter. What on earth makes you think he needs to have studied journalism?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26206/06/2012

[quote] He is an actor who reads a teleprompter.

Which is exactly why he has no news experience, despite claims from others here on this thread

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26306/06/2012

Any network that would hire Ari Fleischer and Dana Loesch, both right wing nitwits, DESERVES low ratings.

I saw John King and Dana Bash on screen together last night, awkward.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26406/06/2012

Ari Fleischer is Canadian

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26506/06/2012

Anderson Cooper is a dilettante.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26606/06/2012

[quote]Ari Fleischer is Canadian

Well he and his former idiot boss sure fucked up this country and he has the nerve to be smug and snide when he's on CNN, he's an asshole who should be in jail as far as I'm concerned.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26706/06/2012

Forgive me, I thought you meant Ali Velshi, NOT Ari Fleischer. SORRY.

BTW David Frum is also Canadian, in addition to Ali Velshi.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26806/06/2012

Dana Bash, John King, and Rob Marciano are all Canadian as well.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 26906/06/2012

CNN needs to do what R251 suggests-- Get rid of the glitz & just start reporting the damn news.

They need to be the Apple of cable news. For years Apple was in the shadow of Microsoft but Apple just kept on producing computers aiming for that niche market of techies & engineers & computer nerds & left the flash to Microsoft.

In the same way, CNN needs to aim for that small market that still wants to hear the news without the talking heads telling them how to think. Assume your audience is smart & intelligent. Aim for this niche market & sell your advertisers on this group. Stop trying to compete for the audience of loony toons & birthers.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27006/06/2012

Marciano got a lot of flack a few years ago when he went on a mini rant denying global warming. He's very Republican, which is why the new guy from Fox is keeping him and Chad Myers and fired all the other weather people.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27106/06/2012

[quote] CNN needs to aim for that small market that still wants to hear the news without the talking heads telling them how to think.

That small market is already getting that news from the Internet. They're not sitting around at 9 in the evening, wanting to find out what happened hours earlier.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27206/06/2012

LOL R269.

I hate Marciano because he had a hissy fit when a speech by President Obama interrupted his precious weather report. So Chad's a right winger too?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27306/06/2012

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27406/06/2012

R272 I kind of agree, except where's the internet getting their info from? Most of the time they're not sending reporters out in the field, in war zones, doing interviews, doing investigative reporting but simply linking stories from other sites.

There's still room for solid reporting news on TV. Jon Stewart does a better job with showing & analyzing news than CNN right now. CNN has the means & the time to tell the more complete story.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27506/06/2012

CNN doesn't WANT to tell the complete, HONEST story because then they'd have to admit that Republicans have doomed this nation and democracy and have deliberately set out to get President Obama out of office. CNN can't afford to upset the GOP/Tea Party. Jon Stewart should love CNN since he's on this "both sides do it" kick and is always defending Republicans and acting as if their stubborn obstructionism is business as usual and normal. The GOP today is some other entity, they are not reasonable or moderate, they don't compromise like in the past, they are out to destroy. That's something Jon and CNN don't get.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27606/06/2012

I really dont get the Republican edge you guys day you are getting when you watch CNN. And I promise Im not a Republican.

[quote]Then as a network, grow up and look to your distant past and be what Ted created in the first place - a 24 hour NEWS network.

Exactly.

I think CNN needs to give up on trying to be balanced, or picking a political side to stand on. MSNBC and FOX have that covered. CNN should take some cues from their Time Warner cousin TMZ and focus on just bringing exclusive and breaking news 24/7. Thats what people want from CNN. There are enough pontificating heads and "personalities" on cable. Bringing news and developments to viewers first before anybody should be their goal.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27706/06/2012

Don't the initials CNN stand for Canadian News Network?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27806/06/2012

CNN has canceled John King's show.

Unfortunately, they have given Wolf Blitzer his third hour BACK!!!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 27906/13/2012

Wolf Blitzer is a decent anchor - one of the better ones at CNN. Not sure why he gets bashed on DL so much.

He's not perfect, but at least he exposes liars. Look at what he did to Donald Trump last month.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28006/13/2012

If the ratings were too low because they were left wing, they would have moved right long ago. The reverse does not apply. Why not? Because the right doesn't care whether their media make money, only that they control and direct opinion, which can lead to profitable outcomes in all sorts of fields.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28106/14/2012

CNN,the brand, just seems so dated. I used to watch it religiously and now hardly at all. It wasn't some big choice based on quality of programming or anything. I just slowly stopped.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28206/14/2012

R281 makes some interesting points.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28306/14/2012

Jason Carroll really dresses "gay." He wore a tight, muscle hugging polo that looked more like club wear on tv a moment ago. He looked so gay.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28408/24/2012

Cnn's coverage of the Vice Presidential Debates....totally, just like CNN Can't you at least try to be real and open about your reporting..too one sided!!!!!! cna't take it. sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28510/12/2012

David Gergen is as hard to the right as anyone on Fox, yet they always try and pass him off as a down the middle commentator.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28610/12/2012

I blame Piers "have you ever been properly in love" Morgan

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28710/12/2012

I find CNN, Fox and MSNBC to all be very annoying. I'm sick of getting news with a slant and all of them are guilty. Why can't we just get the facts? They don't have to "interpret" it for us. CNN ratings going down? Gee maybe fire that cunt Piers Morgan and get someone who is likable? Maybe tell Anderson Cooper to tone down his new-found queeny bitch behavior? for starters.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28810/12/2012

Gergen can't function unless he's denigrating President Obama and kissing Republicans asses. He stopped being down the middle a long time ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 28910/12/2012

R288, you're looking for "The Newshour" on PBS. Personally, I enjoy MSNBC but if you are looking for absolutely factual, unbiased, nothing but the news then you want "The Newshour" for sure.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29010/12/2012

R285, you must find a way to ween yourself off of that shit network. CNN is dead. No credibility left.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29110/12/2012

The Republican pundits on tonight's panel looked like orange oompaloompas. Evidently the make-up people are not Republicans. Dead Eye Matalin is incapable of giving her opinion without adopting an air of haughty disdain. Paul Begala looked like he could smell her cunt. I like Van Johnson. He deserves better. I have come to really dislike Anderson. And the guy who was manning the fact checking board looked and acted like a character on the Simpsons. I rarely watch CNN but I tried to surf all the coverage on the debate. FOX. CNN. It was hard to tell them apart.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29210/12/2012

[quote]CNN Anderson Cooper: "Paul Ryan has to be happy that he proved himself to be a potential president"

Ok, NOW I think Anderson's an evil right winger for sure. WTF is he talking about with this shit?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29310/12/2012

[quote]Dead Eye Matalin is incapable of giving her opinion without adopting an air of haughty disdain. Paul Begala looked like he could smell her cunt.

And just like that, two new DL characters are born.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29410/12/2012

Anderson Cooper wants Paul Ryan's dilfy dick. DUH. Why else is he praising him?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29510/12/2012

I think Anderson is older than Paul Ryan so I doubt he'd see him as dilfy.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29610/12/2012

This is now personal with Anderson Cooper. It's all about Ambassador Stephen's journal that he was quoting from without attribution. It's obvious that Cooper began to be extremely critical of the Obama administration and overly praising of the Romney camp soon after he was forced to reveal his source.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29710/12/2012

It goes further back than the Libya situation. Anderson was the only reporter still going on and on about Rev. Wright even after Obama had made his speech about it - for most reporters it was settled, but AC wouldn't let up on it, he kept doing reports about Obama's connection to Wright as if he were trying to cast doubt on Obama's character. He's been against Obama from the beginning. The only time he's been fair to the president was when he was covering the birthers and consistently discrediting them.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29810/12/2012

R296 but Ryan is a father. Being a dilf doesn't mean you have to be old, but usually the men are late 30s and up since they're fathers...

I'm sure Cooper has whacked off to those work out pics during his "research" so he could formulate some ideas about the candidates...

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 29910/12/2012

Where are these whack worthy workout photos BTW!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30010/12/2012

R300 there's a thread here somewhere with a link.

Well given the nature of their open relationship, I'm sure Cooper's bf wouldn't mind if he caught little Andy with a vibrator up his ass looking at a pumping Paul.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30110/12/2012

[quote] lively, insightly and sometimes provocative discussion.

Insightly?

[quote] Piers was supposed to have brung in big ratings too

Brung in?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30210/12/2012

Piers Morgan has a great face for radio

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30310/12/2012

CNN is truly loathsome. And idiotic. They preach the rightwing gospel to an audience that doesn't want to hear it. The freepers have their own channel. Why CNN thinks it can take them from Fox is ridiculous. Just a terrible, terrible organization.

Domestically, that is. Internationally, CNN still rules. And they make a lot of money of it. They should just shutter up the American operation and go for the foreign.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30410/12/2012

International CNN is just as big a joke. BBC World, Al-Jazeera English, France 24, Deutsche Welle, even Russia Today and CCTV 9 are much better.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30510/12/2012

Bump

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30608/26/2013

Good on ya, CNN! Major fail at Fox-lite.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30708/26/2013

HLN shows movies now?!?!?! The Denzel movie Glory is on right now!

Can CNN be far behind? Their ridiculous (ripe for SNL parody) anchor game show is coming soon.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30802/15/2015

MSNBC has a game show too now. WTF is going on with these networks?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 30902/15/2015

It looks like HLN only has a few hours of news each day now.

They still have the morning show with Robyn, and then not much more.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31002/16/2015

CNN will survive, even if HLN folds.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31102/16/2015

The stupid CNN game show is on tonight.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31202/16/2015

HLN WENT DOWNHILL ONCE THEY CANCELLED JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL'S SHOW!!!!!!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31302/16/2015

[quote]The stupid CNN game show is on tonight.

Oh, they should ask Richard Dawkins to host. It would be great to see him back, and kissing all the lady contestants!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31402/16/2015

R314 - I don't know whether you are brilliant or ignorant.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31502/17/2015

BRING BACK LYNDON SOLES!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31602/17/2015

I only saw a little bit of the anchor game show, but it looked like it demonstrated what we all already know.

Don Lemon is not the brightest bulb on their airwaves.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31702/17/2015

They need a revamping.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31803/03/2015

I don't know if Sunday movie night on HLN was just a one-shot thing. I haven't seen them do it again since they showed Glory a couple weeks ago.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 31903/04/2015

For the second night in a row, Don Lemon looked like he was about to cry on the broadcast. He was also very pale. Could this be his last week?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32003/04/2015

Why is their website always filled with old news? I see the same stories on the front page for 2 or 3 days before they change them.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32103/04/2015

R320 - why was he about to cry?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32203/04/2015

R321: I've been saying that for a year, or longer. I hardly ever go to their site anymore, it's not current. And the new graphical layout is messy, esp on a mobile.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32303/04/2015

Don had a panel on last night to talk about Ferguson developments. He said they did great and invited them back tomorrow night. Except one of the two white men (not the black men on the panel) had the balls to chime in: "No problem. It was so easy I didn't have to say anything."

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32403/04/2015

I thought Soledad O'Brien was a good face for the network.

Why did they get rid of her? Is she not liked by viewers?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32503/04/2015

Did hey get rid of her R325?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32603/04/2015

they not hey

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32703/04/2015

How about Brianna Keilar for State of the Union?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32803/04/2015

Bump

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 32903/05/2015

Better ratings in January

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33003/08/2015

They seem to have foresaien Atlanta.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33103/08/2015

I miss Elsa Klensch.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33203/08/2015

Brooke Baldwin has gone very blonde.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33303/14/2015

CNN is so race obsessed that it's fucking ridiculous.... but only if blacks are the perceived victims.

If it's the other way around(like the knockout game or mob attacks on white fair goers), CNN doesn't want to hear about it and they certainly don't want to report on it.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33403/14/2015

Brooke yesterday

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33503/14/2015

R334 is a freeper.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33603/14/2015

I could care less about their TV ratings, as I read all my news online.

However, CNN's website is just awful. Terrible layout & stories are left to linger there for days & days on end. Way beyond a new story's "expiration date".

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33703/15/2015

Until they hand over the reins back to Ted Turner to bring it back to its former glory when they actually covered serious news in a serious manner, they'll only serve as a source for ridicule.

And get rid of Wolf Blitzer.

I haven't watched for years because they became such shit.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33803/15/2015

R336 is Al Sharpton

I think R334 posting is very true.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 33903/15/2015

Some of their anchors and hosts need to go.

Wolf Blitzer is 1 of the dumbest idiots ever. Sometimes he asks the silliest questions that everyone except him already knows the answer to. He also makes everything very sound dramatic and it's annoying.

Brooke Baldwin is another idiot. She can't pronounce her e's at all. EVERY word that has an "e" in it, she'll pronounce the "e" as an "i". Inergy, imotion, iny, iver, and she asks dumb questions too

Also, this is not just a criticism for CNN but for every news channel (national and local), they all misuse and abuse the phrase "breaking news". In the last 10 years or so this has been a major problem. "Breaking news" should really only be used when some very important shocking event happens. I've seen on CNN "breaking news" with the caption "Obama speaks" about 1 issue or another and it's just pathetic.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34003/15/2015

A few weeks back, I was watching the 90s movie, "Contact", which uses CNN soundbites, spliced into the action.

Watch some of those, then watch CNN now.

The plunge in quality reporting & journalism they've taken in the past 20 yrs, is astounding.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34103/15/2015

all i know was that something was going on. when they turned to young "anchors/reporters" who look like they just graduated from college and wearing jeans and "casual wear" all to get the young audience viewer...

add in the constant ridiculous various trial coverage non stop (do people actually want these trials and the coverage for hours a day for forever?)...

add in for example the use of no talents (literally!) recently of jack osborne being on air as a social commentator and oh brother! time to pull the plug on this once "THEE nation's cable news channel"...

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34203/15/2015

I also question why an idiot like Anthony Bourdain gets a show on CNN. I like the concept of traveling to various countries/areas and connecting with the locals to eat authentic food but Bourdain is so unlikable, not to mention stupid.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34303/15/2015

R343: Not to mention, incredibly unattractive.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34403/15/2015

Blizer needs to retire.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34503/15/2015

They need to put AC in tighter shirts while focusing on his pecs and biceps. That would get the ratings up. I also like HLN's Robin Meade. Someone needs to call Chris Cuomo!!!

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34603/15/2015

CNN has never been the same since Bobbie Batista was fired. She was the heart and soul of that network.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34703/15/2015

For you R347

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34803/15/2015

Brianna Keilar battling Lanny Davis over the Clinton e-mails.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 34903/15/2015

oh yeah, i remember bobbie batista.. weht.. in fact, what happened to all the early CNN other early cable news anchors? did they retire? willingly or unwillingly (ageism).. do they work doing something else behind the scenes?

or are they retired from the workplace in any capacity all together?..

always wondered where does a anchor go career wise when they are no longer on the air? don't know if they could go back to some city news when you've been on nation wide?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35003/15/2015

[quote] always wondered where does a anchor go career wise when they are no longer on the air?

In Bobbie Battista's case, you can always make the switch to fake news.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35103/15/2015

R340 - Brooke is pretty sharp.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35203/16/2015

R348 what's with her eyes? crossed eyes?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35303/16/2015

Why was bobbie battista fired

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35403/16/2015

I think she left on her own after the AOL merger. R354

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35503/16/2015

I just tried listing to CNN on Sirius, nothing but annoying ducking commercials. Hopeless.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35603/16/2015

r341, Weren't the CNN soundbites and footage used in "Contact" specifically created for the movie?

(It's been a while since I've seen it, but I think I'm right.)

I ask because I believe that when CNN started using its on-air people in fictional settings--movies and entertainment shows on TV--their credibility took a huge hit, from which it has never recovered.

The intention was to blur the line between fact and fiction--the better to disseminate propaganda--but at what cost?

CNN is a joke.

"Wag The Dog" is a film that lifted the curtain on what CNN and the other corporate news entities are really about.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35703/16/2015

R357 - I think Contact used a mixture of real and made up CNN spots.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35803/16/2015

R334 and R339 are racists.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 35903/16/2015

John King looks ancient.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36003/16/2015

John King's star has fallen at CNN. No one cares about him until an election.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36103/16/2015

How would you fix CNN?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36203/16/2015

[quote]How would you fix CNN?

I'd do something like Battle Royale with all the on-air personalities. Last man or woman standing gets a muffin basket. Then they close the place down and run CNN International in its place.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36303/16/2015

Be what they were... a news network.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36403/16/2015

They need to establish credibility.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36503/17/2015

Bump

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36603/17/2015

Jeff Zucker's mandate was to decimate CNN as a "news-gathering" operation--turning it instead into another reality show dumping ground and government propaganda outlet (the latter of which it had already become).

So far, so good!

If they're going to insist on doing some semblance of news--for old time's sake--they should bring back the broad with big tits (Lynne, something?) and mute her audio.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36704/09/2015

R367 - Or bring in Robin Meade.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36804/09/2015

The decline started when they lost Bill Hemmer and promoted Anderson Cooper. Cooper was never able to get ratings but they held him up as some kind of superstar.

Instead of dumping him, they kept trying to make him into a respectable newsman a la Bill Hemmer. Thing is they had Hemmer and many others like them and tossed them aside for the flavor of the month.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 36904/09/2015

R367-

All major news organizations are propaganda outlets.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37004/09/2015

Agreed, r370--but as a CNN viewer from its very first days on the air, I don't believe that was Ted Turner's objective--nor was it his doing.

Zucker has stated that "there simply isn't enough news to support a 24 hour operation these days"(!)--an absurd notion, but one which explains why he has methodically gutted the operation.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37104/09/2015

R371-

Turner wanted a "liberal" counterbalance to the "conservative" networks, but now that liberals and conservatives have both been co-opted by the banks and corporations, they are now ALL government propaganda outlets.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37204/09/2015

"Zucker has stated that "there simply isn't enough news to support a 24 hour operation these days"(!)--an absurd notion, but one which explains why he has methodically gutted the operation."

When did he say that R371?

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37304/09/2015

[quote]Instead of dumping him, they kept trying to make him into a respectable newsman a la Bill Hemmer.

No one on Fox can be considered 'respectable'. CNN was right to let him go and get someone like Anderson Cooper who knows how to do his job without fabricating and making up facts.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37404/09/2015

[quote]“We're all regurgitating the same information. I want people to say, ‘You know what? That was interesting. I hadn't thought of that,’” Zucker said. “The goal for the next six months, is that we need more shows and less newscasts.”

From the capitalnewyork.com feature, dated Dec. 3, 2013, headlined: "Zucker plans massive change at CNN"

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37504/09/2015

R375-

People desperately want to believe that the government isn't evil, that we don't live in a police state, that prosperity is right around the corner if we just elect the "right" politicians.

Thankfully, smart people have quit believing the government lies, and see the evil rot at the heart of Mordor on the Potomac.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37604/09/2015

Sister network HLN continues to morph into something more lika an entertainment channel.

The network is planning for a second game show based on something from the Ellen program.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37704/15/2015

It is all Mike Rowe's fault. Who gives a shit about him? And Anthony Bourdain- charisma free and a snobbish asshole.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37804/15/2015

I have no fucking clue how HLN is managing to stay afloat.

Endless reruns of "Forensic Files" and now they have Dr Drew in front of a live studio audience.

Much like his old "Loveline" show on MTV.

by Piers Morgan, wondering if I can go back to AGT?reply 37905/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.