Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Glee Project Season 2

Having sworn off Glee: TOS after the lackluster finale and never having seen the first season of Glee Project, I caught on online video of the contestants performing "Edge of Glory" that kind of piqued my interest.

Your Glee Hopefuls, 2012 Edition

Guys:

Tyler, 21 - Biracial, Jewish, and transgender.

Michael, 18 - Already a professional blues player, hails from Chicago.

Maxfield, 22 - Country singer, ex-jock, wears a promise ring.

Mario, 24 - African American, legally blind.

Blake, 19 - Young industry hopeful from LA, supports himself as (I am not making this up) a parrot salesman.

Charlie, 22 - Suffers from low-spectrum autism.

Abraham, 24 - Gave up going to law school to try the entertainment industry, "relates better to women than men," which I think translates as "gay." Asian-American, cute stripe of Manic Panic red hair.

Gals:

Dani, 23 - ex-Mormon who looks like Justin Bieber.

Nellie, 19 - a coffeehouse performer in the vein of Joan Osborne and Tracey Chapman.

Aylin, 19 - Muslim girl from a traditional family, who are not too keen on their daughter trying to make it as a performer.

Ali, 24 - Graduate of NYU, confined to a wheelchair.

Lily Mae, 18 - A great big fat person.

Shanna, 21 - Alabama native, otherwise seems a little nondescript.

Taryn, 22 - Bio describes her as "a talented arielist."

And here's the video that caught my eye.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 28312/13/2012

Bump.

Anyone have a comment? Even pointless bitchery?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 105/30/2012

"Glee: TOS"

What's the TOS stand for?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 205/30/2012

r2 are you new to the entertainment world?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 305/31/2012

I'd have commmented earlier, but it's been Primetime for almost a day. Now I don't care anymore, because I'm pissed at PT again.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 405/31/2012

Jeez, I guess last season's dwarf wasn't politically correct enough.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 505/31/2012

I just don't know what "TOS" stands for. I did a search for "GLEE: TOS" and found nothing applicable.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 605/31/2012

VOTN is a Star Trek geek. TOS = "The Original Series" in geek-speak.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 705/31/2012

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

You've never heard of Star Trek: TOS?

THE ORIGINAL SHOW.

Idiots. Seriously. Come out from under that rock. The "TOS" abbreviation is only 20 years old.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 805/31/2012

You know Ryan wants to bring a couch out there. "This final challenge will be for the boys only."

by The Voice of the Nightreply 905/31/2012

Based on the Edge of Glory Video alone, I'm guessing Maxfield, Michael, and Shanna already have this in the bag. A smooth deep voice on a rugged guy (the new Puck), bluesy cutness (the new Finn), and a little country belter (down home rachel).

Aylin - the Muslim girl, and Lily Mae may have a shot as the fourth contender.

Time will tell. . .

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1005/31/2012

I watched Glee Project Season 1 and got sucked into it. Where can we watch 2 now?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1105/31/2012

R8, some of us here actually have lives and aren't fanboy cunts.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1205/31/2012

r12, what life? A life that forces you to post posts about how great your life is and you are above it all (including posting in such threads)?

With that being said I didn't have a clue either about what TOS means.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1305/31/2012

[quote]I watched Glee Project Season 1 and got sucked into it. Where can we watch 2 now?

It premieres on Oxygen on June 5th.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1405/31/2012

Come out from under the rock, some people don't get STAR TREK references. Besides why would one even think "TOS (the original series)" would apply to GLEE when it's STILL ON THE FUCKING AIR AND HASN'T BEEN REMADE?!?! Asshat.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1505/31/2012

It's on! Is anyone watching?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1606/02/2012

Stevie Wonder wannabe for the win Alex.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1706/02/2012

Just saw the choosing the top 14 show.

I'm sure some will think me cynical and negative, but imho several of these kids have been chosen solely to give credence to the "Glee supports the underdog and embraces everyone" theme or to give Ryan + Co. ideas for season 4. Once their value has been tapped, they're fodder.

Here are my first impressions. See if you agree. . .

Tyler, 21 - Biracial, Jewish, and transgender (Interesting back story for the feel good angle, grating voice.)

Mario, 24 - African American, legally blind (Decent voice, worthy back story, not sure this will take him all the way)

Charlie, 22 - Suffers from low-spectrum autism. (OK voice, looks a little too much like Finn, edited as a fav, but I don't think he'll be here very long - gut feeling.)

Blake, 19 - Young industry hopeful from LA, supports himself as (I am not making this up) a parrot salesman. (boyishly cute, decent voice, could go far)

Abraham, 24 - Gave up going to law school to try the entertainment industry, "relates better to women than men," which I think translates as "gay." Asian-American, cute stripe of Manic Panic red hair. (asian gay vibe going for him, looks good on screen, energetic, sings pretty well, not sure on this kid)

Michael, 18 - Professional blues player, hails from Chicago. (Cute. Decent voice. Ryan already wants to casting couch this young lad to test him out as the Freshman Finn Jr.)

Maxfield, 22 - Country singer, ex-jock, wears a promise ring. (good looks, rich voice, glee wants country angle, and again with the virginity/religion thing, acting/dancing?. . .toss up on this guy)

Gals:

Dani, 23 - ex-Mormon who looks like Justin Bieber. (Sid the butch girl bieber thing AGT, good singer, has the out and proud back story, not trusting that her on screen persona is all that though.)

Nellie, 19 - a coffeehouse performer in the vein of Joan Osborne and Tracey Chapman. (deeper voice, good sound quality, doesn't seem to be that great in the acting dept., interesting though.)

Aylin, 19 - Muslim girl from a traditional family, who are not too keen on their daughter trying to make it as a performer. (Ryan already commented on liking her back story, pretty good voice, interesting look, may make it)

Lily Mae, 18 - A great big fat person. (strong voice, big with energy and a bubbly on screen personality, liking her chances)

Shanna, 21 - Alabama native, otherwise seems a little nondescript. Strong voice and has the country thing going for her)

Taryn, 22 - Bio describes her as "a talented arielist." (Not entirely sure why she was chosen yet - other than the diversity angle, maybe a reveal coming)

Ali, 24 - Graduate of NYU, confined to a wheelchair. (Wheelchair skills Zach will milk for choreo- grating voice)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1806/02/2012

Love Dani and Charlie and Abraham and Tyler.

There was an African American woman with very short blonde hair and fun glasses in the auditions. I wish she had made it into the finals.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1906/02/2012

Possible spoiler pic of the final 7 at the link. (one guy is in the background)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2006/02/2012

They had two people in wheelchairs and sent one to the 14. They had two blind guys and sent one forward - the really good-looking one, as opposed to the one who had weird, difficult-to-look-at eyes, of course.

I felt like I was watching America's Got Talent with the ridiculous backstories. Oh, and Lily Mae and her "bubbly" personality is the one who said she has a better voice than anyone else in the top 80 and that's what's going to be her advantage. A little too full of herself to be referred to as "bubbly", IMO.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2206/02/2012

I was surprised the burn victim wasn't chosen. Probably figured viewers would be too grossed out.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2306/02/2012

I missed the first part of the show but from what I heard her sing the burn victim didn't have much of a voice.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2406/03/2012

Sad that hot country boy Max got booted ...he was fine. The transgender kid was awful - voice irks the hell out of me.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2506/06/2012

I love how Ryan Murphy uses the criteria of seeking "someone he can write for" when deciding who to cut when he has proven time and again he can't write well for any of the existing cast members.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2606/06/2012

Preach. Soooo true.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2706/06/2012

maxfield couldn't act. he was hot and had a great voice, but was vocally limited and had no camera presence at all - very blah to watch on screen. tyler was weak as well, both in terms of his on screen presence and his grating voice. he won't be around long. they should have just cut both boys today or, if they wanted to give the kids time to improve, waited until next week and then cut the two of them.

it seems pretty clear cut who among the contestants is going to be whittled down until the final few are chosen. based on the two eps. that have aired, i'm betting blake wins it, if ryan doesn't feel the need to choose a female for once (fat chance on that though).

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2806/06/2012

I would gladly take Murphy's sloppy seconds with Blake and Mike the math geek who's still discovering himself.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 2906/06/2012

Sugar Motta

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3006/06/2012

Robert Ulrich's neck looks like turkey waddle.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3106/06/2012

Yeah, Mike is hot. The shot where they showed Blake and he together was an impossibly cute-couple moment.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3206/07/2012

I want to blow Maxfield for a full 24 hours. That guy pinged like hell! It's clear he just wanted to escape his Southern roots to be closer to "his people," aka the gays. Watch his lingering hugs on the gay guy when he got eliminated.

I wish they had kept Maxfield, because Tyler's voice sounds like Mickey Mouse on helium. Totally ridiculous that they kept Tyler. My only guess for why he got eliminated is because Maxfield looked like he was 30 years old.

All the girls are kinda chunky. The only one with a good body is the black girl with the blonde hair. She's really cute and shy, but go figure that the blonde lady coach hates her singing. It's very weird, but that blonde lady doesn't seem to like minorities very much. They are always on her "cut list."

There are some cute guys, but they can't sing for shit - just like Damian McGinty and Samuel from Season 1. Go figure.

The only ones who can REALLY sing this season are the Turkish girl, the black girl, the blind black guy, Maxfield, the blonde country girl, and the girl with the short dark hair who isn't the Justin Biever look-alike. Therefore, none of them will win.

My guess is that Ryan Murphy will give it to the cute guy who's most likely to put out on the casting couch.

Call me cynical, but I just don't have any faith in my gay brethren (aka the judges on the show) to make any decision on the winner, without their dicks factoring into the decision.

With the gays, the cutest guy ALWAYS wins.

*sigh*

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3306/07/2012

I love the blind guy's voice. Hope he gets a part.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3406/07/2012

Casting the outcasts for this show is just to reinforce the premise that Glee is about outcasts, when it is really populated by football players and cheerleaders. A cookie cutter will be hired. Last year Sam said he had auditioned for Glee many times and the Irish guy was already a pro singer.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3506/07/2012

I like the transgender guy, but clearly Ryan wants him off the show with that "gotta happen sooner or later" comment.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3606/07/2012

I just discovered this show and I love it.

That blonde producer woman is evil. "ABC" was an awful song choice for Tyler.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3706/07/2012

I'm not on board with the Shanna love at all. She said "praise him" when her vocal work in the booth was complimented, and I didn't think she stood out in the slightest. I suspect Lea Michele was told the winner and planned her comments accordingly.

Like the show itself, TGP is badly scripted. But I'll still watch this season. I get hooked and resent the addiction, but I gotta have my fix.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3806/07/2012

I don't care for Shanna either.

I kept wanting to like Lily, but there was something in the way she presented herself that seemed off to me. For lack of a better word, she seemed like she was more calculating than the rest of them, and considering that most of them are still wide-eyed and hopeful, I didn't like it so much.

Liked Aylin a lot more than I was expecting to.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 3906/07/2012

Do you suppose there is any gay sex going on in either of the dorms? I mean, besides from Ryan Murphy dropping by to give Blake private, naked mentoring?

I assume Abraham and Dani are out. Michael and Nellie both pinged to me.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4006/07/2012

Ryan will need to give Blake his naked mentoring AFTER I 'm through with Blake ...lol. The new Party Rock video is up on YouTube and Blake seems to have the camera on him more than most. So, thus his slow seduction by Ryan begins ....

Im kind of enjoying the Joan Jett/Joan Osbourne esque singer's voice ...very smokey.

Justin Bieber/Dani and Abraham must be out, but neither of them got any queer kissing in the video ...just Aylin (!) and Big Lil ...

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4106/07/2012

[quote]Im kind of enjoying the Joan Jett/Joan Osbourne esque singer's voice ...very smokey.

I like her too. I was worried she was dipping into that "vocal fry" thing that everyone seems to be on about these days, but it wasn't too bad.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4206/07/2012

I liked Lily originally, but this ep, it really did seem like she might have an overbearing personality in several ways. I get that sense from the Abraham kid too. Based on the attn. and comments he's getting from the casting guy judge, I think Blake has this in the bag, with Michael coming in a close second.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4306/07/2012

Charlie reminds me so much of somebody, but I have no idea who that somebody is. He's either that guy from the thing, or he looks a lot like him.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4406/07/2012

r41 Charlie reminds me of the character Chuck Bass from GG.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4506/08/2012

[quote] Charlie reminds me of the character Chuck Bass from GG.

He actually reminds me of the guy who f***s Stiffler's Mom in American Pie. I forget his name.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4606/08/2012

[quote] I think Blake has this in the bag, with Michael coming in a close second.

Ryan Murphy has to ejaculate somewhere. Chord Overstreet is getting a little long in the tooth.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4706/08/2012

[quote]Ryan Murphy has to ejaculate somewhere.

From the looks of it, he's using that stupid hipster stocking hat.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4806/09/2012

Don't worry VotN, I'm sure Darren Criss is always there for him in a pinch.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 4906/09/2012

Poor, sensible Taryn couldn't handle the pressure. I liked her.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5006/12/2012

The transsexual may have an interesting "journey" but he's not a good enough singer.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5106/12/2012

Were there two episodes on tonight?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5206/12/2012

Lily is clearly on her way out, but they want to milk some drama out of her first. She is definitely being edited to be an over-competitive, over-confident, over-emotional, bully.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5306/12/2012

[quote]Were there two episodes on tonight?

Yes, but one was a repeat of last week's ep.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5406/13/2012

I was confused when I heard there were two eliminations tonight, but then I read what happened with Taryn.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5506/13/2012

I guess it would be P.U. to get rid of the transgender kid this early in the game, but JFC there's not one ounce of talent in there.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5606/13/2012

22 years old is way too old to be crying on the phone to Mommy that you're homesick. She didn't even last 1 week. That's something you'd expect from a 10 year old at summer camp.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5706/13/2012

For r2, my husband is a television writer. For shows people have discussed here many times. I'm an avid TV watcher as a result. I had no idea what TOS meant either. Science Fiction freaks forget the fact that many people, GASP, don't give a shit about their particular form of entertainment.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5806/13/2012

I understand why they cut Dani; she's not exactly the right fit for the show, but jeez, Lily's attitude is terrible. She needs to be Slushied.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 5906/13/2012

I like Lily. I think she's talented and cute. She's probably sassing the bitchy choreographer because she's nervous and wants to win. I believed her when she said that she'll calm down and take criticism better in the future.

I applaud Ryan for including Mario and Tyler and the gal in the wheelchair but they are seriously disadvantaged competitively. Just cast them as walk-ons in the show instead of putting them through a competition they'll never win.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6006/13/2012

They've already been put through it.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6106/13/2012

I liked Dani, and I adore her voice, though I agree she is not a TV star. I hope she has a terrific music career.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6206/13/2012

I don't understand what has them so enamored by Shanna. She keeps getting kudos, but I'm finding her somewhat average and not all that captivating. The talent pool isn't as exciting this season as last. Hopefully, it will get better as the standouts start to rise to the top.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6306/13/2012

Tyler seems very nice, but can't sing or dance. He really needs to get cut soon.

Aylin's personality is extremely grating. She's the girl in high school who always needed to be the center of attention. That might have worked in a small town, but no way is anyone already in the cast of Glee gonna put up with that shit.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6406/13/2012

Wait ...did Abraham just say he was a "straight Asian man". WTF? LOL

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6506/19/2012

I guess after Taryn left last week it was inevitable we'd get one week without an elimination. Still, you'd have thought they'd wait a little longer to do that since there is still a TON of dead weight this season. Also, after seeing what an awful actor Damian was, you'd think they'd throw in at least a few challenges that actually prove these people can act.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6606/19/2012

That fat bitch Lily has to go.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6706/19/2012

Wow, Mario is a complete prig.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6806/20/2012

Yeah, Mario has been an a-hole since pretty much day one, but it's coming through more and more as the competition gets more intense.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 6906/20/2012

All 3 of the performers who had to lipsynch for their lives were great. I hope they make it to the finals.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7006/20/2012

Of course they eliminated no one due to Taryn's unexpected department, but frankly, great voice or no, Lily should have been the one to go. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it or Aylin is a much better actor that I would have thought, but she seemed legitimately scared when Lily was "attacking her" during the photo schoot.

Charlie's taking Mario's walking stick during the shoot was something he'd never do again, and Mario is clearly rubbing just about everyone in the house the wrong way.

Also, as cute as I think Abraham is with his Manic Panic stripe of hair, he's really lovely as an all-over brunette.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7106/20/2012

Taryn's DEPARTURE.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7206/20/2012

I need to see Blake inside Michael quite deeply.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7306/23/2012

Mario and the blind girl on Master Chef are remarkable in that they are competing on equal terms with all the other contestants.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7406/23/2012

My guess for top Four:

Blake, Mike, Abraham, Shanna.

With his terrible dye job and/or hairpiece, Robert Ulrich looks like a sexual predator.

Ryan Murphy just seems bored by it all. I think he knows they got a second season full of, for the most part, duds.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7506/23/2012

lol, r73. Michael is adorable. He reminds me very much of one of my ex-boyfriends.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7606/24/2012

Blake has actually been trying to work as an actor and has booked some minor roles before. He is a bit of a ringer compared to some of these people who are pretty much amateurs.

Shanna has been getting a lot of praise for a reason, she consistently has been a natural and engaging performer and that is what this competition is looking for.

I actually really think a girl will win. Look at who will be in the choir room next season, the Glee needs more female characters. Shanna and Aylin are who I am predicting as the two to watch.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7806/24/2012

Glad they got ride of Tyler. He seems like a nice kid but he really just isn't a star.

I knew they wouldn't get rid of Michael just yet, he is too attractive and actually passes for a real highschooler, that alone means they are going to give him another chance to succeed.

It seems they are almost forgetting that Charlie has severe ADD/low spectral autism. His antics don't surprise me for that reason. I have no idea what the hell Naya saw in him to have him win, he didn't stand out for me at all.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 7906/27/2012

Charlie's a hyperactive spaz, but he can sing pretty well.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8006/27/2012

I can't believe anyone would want to go on that show- Ryan seems like the asshole nightmare boss from hell, and unless your name is Darren or Lea you are not guaranteed a job.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8106/29/2012

I didn't watch last year & just found this show & got hooked on it. Michael was just too cute to get rid of now.

I recognize Charlie's behavior right a way as due to his autism/ADD issues. He's got high impulsivity and a lack of focus. It's highly unlikely that he's going to be able to completely control that so they need to make up their mind to cut him or just accept his spazziness. It's a waste of time to constantly call him out for the bottom three for that.

But maybe Ryan just wanted some special one on one time with him. Wasn't this the first guy he picked for the show? I think Ryan loved the shout out in the song.

I was just saying the other day R81 that Ryan reminds me of some asshole boss I used to have with his condescending attitude complete with the sycophants surrounding him.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8206/29/2012

Is Ryan married? I noticed he has a wedding band, but his Wikipedia page doesn't list a husband.

I thought Michael's comment that he was comfortable with his sexuality, without actually addressing what that was, was probably telling. I also notice they didn't really have anything with Abraham talking about it.

"Sex Ed turns into Sexy-Off." That is a thing that happens.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8406/29/2012

Yeah, Michael's comment included the "throwaway" line about finding math sexy, which is a classic type of dodge.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8506/30/2012

Lily and Mario are both annoying as hell with their bad attitudes.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8606/30/2012

So is Ryan as much of an asshole this season as he was last season?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8706/30/2012

Oh Jesus, just hire Blake already!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8806/30/2012

Ryan is engaged to someone named David Miller and they're supposedly trying to have a baby. There's a picture of them here:

by The Voice of the Nightreply 8906/30/2012

From the Hollywood Reporter when Murphy was hosting an Obama fundraiser:

"Murphy, who also co-created FX's American Horror Story, and Miller have been a couple for more than a decade but became engaged earlier this year. This dinner will mark the first time they have hosted a major political fundraising event."

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9006/30/2012

Miller looks like the spawn of Dick York and Dick Sargent.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9107/01/2012

New ep on now.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9207/03/2012

Bye Mario.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9307/04/2012

Unfortunately Michael is in a committed relationship...with a girl. Obviously a high school sweetheart kind of thing (after all, he just graduated). For whatever that's worth.

Yeah, Ryan strikes me as a premium douche. I suppose most are in positions of that nature.

I had a romantic/sex dream about Michael a week or so ago. Mostly romance, but there was definitely sex involved. And I rarely have big boy dreams about celebs, or even wannabes. Not to mention I'm old enough to be his...older cousin.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9407/04/2012

Mario simply had to go. No one will miss him.

Wheelchair Dolly needs to go next. I swear that kind of exaggerated bubbly perky nauseatingly cheery personality makes me pretend I have laser vision and incinerate everything around me in a towering rage. Not to mention what her nasal singing and speaking voice does to my head.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9507/04/2012

[quote]Unfortunately Michael is in a committed relationship...with a girl. Obviously a high school sweetheart kind of thing (after all, he just graduated). For whatever that's worth.

I'm sorry, and maybe it's just me, but I think he has a crush on Abraham.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9607/04/2012

Ali (wheelchair dolly) has a powerful voice, but it's really high pitched and grating sounding.

I really thought Abraham was doomed last night, but I imagine he, like Nellie, won't be around for much longer since they, according to the judges, "continually fade into the background of group numbers."

My money is still on the Blake kid, since he gets virtually no criticism or minimal criticism at worst.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9707/04/2012

I will admit that Mario does have a beautiful voice. On camera, though, he has little to offer (with the exception of a PSA opportunity or two for Ryan to base his writing on.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9807/04/2012

This won't be the last we hear of Mario. He's got creativity, uniqueness, nerve, and talent.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 9907/04/2012

The one who I find a real toss-up is Charlie. He's wonderful in terms of musical interpretation and performance, but what a hot mess he is to control and direct otherwise.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10007/04/2012

That imaginary character Charlie chose to be for the video was messing it up. Contrast that with Michael and Blake who are always focused and professional. Then again he did a really beautiful musical performance with Mario in the challenge performance. If they could create the right kind of character for him he could be really interesting, but he could also be a source of constant headaches for the directors.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10107/04/2012

[quote]This won't be the last we hear of Mario. He's got creativity, uniqueness, nerve, and talent.

And he'll be glad to remind you of that fact.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10207/04/2012

[quote]He's got creativity, uniqueness, nerve, and talent.

Well, he's a huge C.U.N.T., certainly. But I think anyone would find him way too difficult to work with. Unless he changes his attitude, he will sink back into obscurity.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10307/04/2012

Happy Mario is gone. Ali needs to go next, her voice is like being stabbed in the ear.

Nellie is my favorite because she's the most interesting to listen to, but I'm also a Blake fan.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10407/04/2012

The latest video. Blake looks hot.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10507/05/2012

Michael is the one I'm obsessed with. I suddenly get what all the Anderson, Jensen/Jared, Prancing Ponies have felt over the years. I want him all for myself.

Though I'd be open to a threeway...

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10607/05/2012

Michael's a cutie, but as a performer he's kind of green.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10707/05/2012

Two visiting Ohio tweens stalked Michael's family home in the Lakewood-Balmoral section of Chicago Tuesday night and approached a next door neighbor to see if he really lived there.

The neighbor grew up with Michael and had his number in her cell. She actually called Michael on the phone in LA and he talked to these girls.

Let's see how long before he changes his number.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10807/05/2012

God there is nothing scarier than these obsessive, stalker fangirls. Showing up at his house and harassing his neighbors?

Wtf is wrong with these chicks?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 10907/05/2012

Is it just me, or is Ali a cross btw Amy Poehler and the Amy Sedaris character on Strangers with Candy...with Dolly's boobies thrown in?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11007/06/2012

Why did they have to put them in bathing suits? I still like Aylin, but that suit definitely did not flatter her, and there is something odd about her face that distracts me. Something about her face shape reminds me of Stewie, and she seems a bit wall-eyed.

Lily is just ugly inside and out.

I like all the guys they have left. I can't stand any of the girls except for Aylin and Nellie. Well, Shanna is okay, but she has a bit of a crazy cheerleader look to her.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11107/06/2012

r111, I think the male mentors & Ryan wanted to see Michael & Blake in swimsuits. I didn't watch the first season, did they have a shirtless episode?

Shanna is absurdly fugly. Every time she's onscreen, I cringe.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11207/07/2012

But, Shanna can sing. She, Nelli and Ailyn have great voices, with Nelli being the clear standout among the women. Every time she opens her mouth my jaw drops in astonishment.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11307/07/2012

The boys all have the bodies you expect. Aylin's a little chubchub, otherwise the girls are as you'd expect as well.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11407/07/2012

Shanna does have a great voice and her energy while she performs is always great. I thought she did well in her little standoff against Aylin at the beginning.

She does have the bug eyes and overly perky persona, but I could see her being a good addition. If a girl wins though I still think it will be Aylin, her character is prewritten, just the way Ryan Murphy likes it.

Blake is the only male that stands a chance of winning. Charlie they clearly don't want to work with and Michael is cute but never really grabs you on camera.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11507/07/2012

I really love Nellie's voice, but she's probably not right for something like Glee. I also kinda liked that she was comfortable admitting she's a virgin and still seems like an awkward teenager instead of trying to act like an experienced grown up.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11607/07/2012

I don't think I could bear Ali on Glee, but I do kind of love her. She should embrace her camp appeal and focus on the gay audience. She could have a long career doing cabaret and pride events, belting out show tunes and mugging shamelessly.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11707/07/2012

OMG... ALI for a revival of Psycho Beach Party as the nasty mean Rhonda!!

Actually, you could probably cast this entire crew in Psycho Beach Party - if not in the adult roles!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11807/08/2012

Nellie's non-stop yodeling gets on my last nerve. Use it sparingly, not every phrase.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 11907/08/2012

No more Charlie.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12007/11/2012

r120

Thank God! Charlie was so fucking annoying

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12107/11/2012

That was what Charlie's fourth time in the bottom? If the mentors have that many problems with you, then you should go.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12207/11/2012

charlie :(

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12307/11/2012

The Muslim girl has zero star quality while the fat girl shines. She was fearless and funny in that video, thought the shy Lesbian will break out of her shell just close enough to the finale to win.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12407/11/2012

I'm glad Nellie was spared this week. Her 'If I Were a Boy' was really compelling and on point. She's great at the vulnerability thing, it's just unfortunate that she lacks confidence because if she had that, I think she would be a sure thing for top 3.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12507/12/2012

It must have been a difficult decision. Charlie really is a wonderful and versatile performer, he just can't work well in a group. Nellie is the opposite of versatile, and can't work well in a group. It's just that his version of not working well with the group is actually disruptive, whereas hers is just ineffective.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12607/13/2012

Nellie could be like Doris in "Fame", the shy girl who comes out of her shell.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12707/13/2012

I can't believe Charlie is in his twenties. He acts like he is in junior high when he is around that ugly girl he was drooling over. What a loser.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12807/13/2012

They've posted the music video for next week's theme: Theatricality

It's cute!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 12907/13/2012

Holy shit, Abraham was fuckin fierce in that video. First time he has seriously impressed me.

Blake also did a great job also, he completed melded into the whole Boy George-persona. Dude can act.

Michael and Nellie were the two most forgettable based on the video. I am guessing Nellie will be gone this week though I would be fine with them getting rid of Michael, he is nice eye candy but complete dead-weight.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13007/13/2012

Aylin really works the whole "Blonde Ambition" thing.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13107/13/2012

I totally agree about Abraham! That's the most life he's shown the whole competition.

Ali, Lily, and Blake were all standouts in the video as well.

The lighting effects were a bit too much and obscured their faces quite a few times.

From the video, I assume the bottom three will be Michael, Shanna, and Nellie with Nellie most likely going home (major bummer as I think she's very talented and somewhat intriguing).

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13207/13/2012

Wow, Abraham really was great in that video. Though I still refuse to believe he is anything even remotely resembling straight.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13307/13/2012

I liked Nellie's Britney.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13407/13/2012

Other than Nellie, the remaining girls are one huge lump of fugly.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13507/14/2012

Nellie needs someone to come in and take over that hair. It has a mind of its own.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13607/14/2012

Aylin may have a fierce voice but she is HIDEOUS to look at

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13707/14/2012

She is the bug eyed Muslim Bette Midler.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13807/14/2012

In defense of Michael it's hard to connect with the camera with those fat Elvis sunglasses on. I'd rather have seen him as Freddie Mercury with a fake moustache and tank top. Or even young Elvis in jeans, white T-shirt and greased up hair.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 13907/14/2012

It is so clear that they've already decided that Aylin will win. This disappoints me because she is simply annoying and over-confident. I also don't buy the whole "I come from a conservative Muslim background" angle. Really, if this were the case, there's no way in hell she would be on this show.

As for Charlie's behavior, don't forget that he was on the autism spectrum. It is not atypical of him to not work well with others, and act more like a 17 year old than a 20 year old.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14007/14/2012

How dare that bastard Murphy fire Damaian?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14107/15/2012

Damian not returning to Glee is probably bad PR, but I think the right thing to do. He seems like a good guy but the fact is he brought nothing to Glee with what he was given. Why keep him on the payroll when you can bring in new actors and give them a chance to shine?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14207/15/2012

Are you kidding? That Damian kid was a terrible actor, and completely ruined every scene that he was in. Yeah, he seemed like a nice kid, but being nice won't keep your job.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14307/16/2012

He had all of about 5 lines of dialogue the whole season, so you can't really evaluate his acting. Endlessly recycling the original cast is why the ratings are dropping.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14407/16/2012

That's the biggest issue with The Glee Project, they don't evaluate their acting at all. Even when they try to make the characters as close to the actor's personality and experiences as possible, you still need to be able to fucking act to be on a tv show.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14507/16/2012

Damian had no screen presence at all. He just seemed to disappear.

Still, it's got to suck to know that they're bringing back Dirty Jesus and Unique, who didn't win, and not him.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14607/16/2012

That's the problem with the whole Glee Project premise. There's little in the competition framework to show whether or not a contestant can act. The kind of "acting" required for a hackneyed music video has nothing to do with real acting skill. They seem to look for kids whose real-life personalities have some kind of theatrical hook that the writers can capitalize upon in creating their characters. Big gamble.

How hard would it be to create a competition that also involved scene performances, not just musical ones? Seems like that would be a lot more productive. I can't imagine any of the current contestants as compelling lead characters.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14707/16/2012

All these kids could be good on the show. It's the lame writing and shoving them in the background that is the problem. Now Nellie's gone and Murphy's ego continues to swell, along with his cock when he leers at Michael. Micheal's probably the worst there, but Murphy's not ready to let that puppy go home.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14807/18/2012

Yeah, Michael is adorable but not extremely talented. Same with Blake, actually. Blake always gets props just for showing up and not tripping over the set.

Why is wheelchair girl still even in it? We already have a very tiresome character rolling around. To have another would be ridiculous.

Grant Gustin's appeal or any particular talent has thus far escaped me, and they seem to have dug his character into a hole, as in "asshole." Not sure why they're keeping him around.

Aylin can go any time, too. To have a homely, obnoxious girl continually prattle on about how hot she is just makes her seem even more pathetic.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 14907/18/2012

I'm thinking it's down to Blake or Aylin. Of the two, I'm hoping for Blake, who will likely be Finn 2.0. Aylin is entertaining to watch at times, but somewhat annoying and overbearing as a person. And, fwiw, I'm not buying the conservative Muslim angle either.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15007/18/2012

Blake actually has some acting credits to his name, so hopefully he can actually act.

I find Aylin annoying, but if they create a non-annoying character for her I might be okay with her being on the show. She is a total wideclops, though, which I find distracting.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15107/18/2012

Poor Nellie :/

That bitchy fat girl should have gone home instead.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15207/18/2012

I'm flabbergasted as to how Michael keeps avoiding having to do last chance performances. He has yet to impress me at all.

[quote]Grant Gustin's appeal or any particular talent has thus far escaped me, and they seem to have dug his character into a hole, as in "asshole." Not sure why they're keeping him around.

I like Grant but chances are he isn't being brought back to Glee actually, there hasn't been any word about him returning as they have talked about the other cast members.

I actually like that Aylin isn't a classical looking sexpot, it makes her more relatable. If she wins, I think she could do a good job, but it is completely up to Ryan Murphy. I agree with R151, hopefully they wouldn't give her the annoying obvious character they easily could.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15307/18/2012

I have no problem with Alylin's looks, but a big problem with her "sexpot" presentation and the way the Glee team encourages it. Particularly if her religious Muslim background is authentic, she appears to be acting out the cultural representation of "sexiness". It's over the top to the point of grotesquery. More telling, the one time she dropped the act and let a quieter, more thoughtful persona emerge, she ended up in the bottom 3. Robert Ulrich told her they missed her sexy/buoyant persona, which he called her true self.

Really? Glee's take on female "sexiness" is so one dimensional it's pathetic. Aylin's "sexy" is like a drag queen's. It's pathetic that Glee requires such stereotypical conformity from its women.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15407/18/2012

I enjoy this season of Glee Project. Some of the last chance performances have been really outstanding, I think.

I agree that Damian was awful and deserved the ax, but I have no use for homeless Jesus either. He grosses me out, whispers his lines and he can't really sing.

I liked Nellie but she seems much more of a singer/recording act than an actor. The 2 cute boys are very cute but seem pretty one dimensional and again with the thin little machine-gun vibrato voices.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15507/18/2012

Grant came across as gay on last night's episode -- more than a ping, that's for sure.

Nellie's lack of confidence every week really got on my nerves last night. It was time for her to go. Her B. Spears was awful, and she can't act.

I want Lily to go because she's a fat piece of shit who thinks she's better than everyone else, is a bully, argues everything, and would be awful to look at every week on GLEE.

I'm glad Damian is gone. Hard to understand, lousy actor, horrible dancer, hard to write for. He was a mistake from the beginning.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15607/18/2012

Oh my God, thank you, R156! I thought I was the only one who thought Grant REALLY pinged in that episode. Talk about gayvoice! So that's why he's always featured on AE. Those bitches know something.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15707/18/2012

Grant Gustin is similar to Darren Criss in that both spent their life growing up in the arts and in musical theater programs and as a result both of them rock a lot of stereotypically gay behavior and mannerisms. Grant has mentioned before how he was bullied and teased because he was assumed to be gay (similar to Abraham now that I think about it)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15807/18/2012

Blake mentioned having a gay brother. Is that a new code phrase for being in the closet? Seems like an awful lot of young, attractive gay-seeming actors these days have gay brothers.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 15907/18/2012

I actually just thought that myself, r159. I feel like I've been hearing that a lot lately.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16007/18/2012

"Eye of the Tiger"

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16107/19/2012

I want to lick Grant Gustin all over. I also wanted to lick Damian all over last year, but damn if the boy proved himself utterly useless on Glee. I can't see anybody but Blake winning this year, as he's the only one left who's both consistently good at acting, singing, and dancing and who's got sex appeal. (I want to lick him and Michael all over as well.)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16207/19/2012

Lol what? R159. It is probably code for...having a gay brother.

Now that when live in a world where only the most cowardly of gay men would not come out that results in a lot of people having a close family member or friend that is gay.

It isn't that surprising.

And that eye of the tiger video kinda blows.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16307/19/2012

Had to laugh at Lilly's "athletics" in that video. She's got bruises on her forehead from her boobs smacking into it.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16407/20/2012

If fat bitch and/or roller Dolly don't go home this week, I quit.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16507/22/2012

I wanted to slap Lily's smarmy face during her last chance performance. And I hope she burned that dress.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16607/22/2012

I'm also sick of her referring to her weight as if it's some kind of disability when Cheno on Wheels is in the next room. Honey, you earned all 240 of those pounds all by yourself.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16707/22/2012

Glad Abraham is gone. Enough with the whining!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16807/25/2012

Also glad Abraham is gone. He was really starting to work my last nerve.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 16907/25/2012

Not too torn up over Abraham, but he still should have lasted longer than Lily. I can't believe she blamed her shitiness on Aylin commenting on how loud she was. Aylin was being nice, her real problem was how awful she sounded, not how loud.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17007/25/2012

Based on the commentary over on the IMBD message boards, there are a surprising number of people that think that the final two are going to be Lilly and Aylin, with Aylin coming out the winner. There is a strong belief that she is getting the winner's edit. I really hope this is not the case.

It's bad enough that viewers have to endure the PSA a week style writing, special guests SJP and Kate Hudson. . . not to mention yet another Britney tribute episode (because apparently there are no other musical artists left for Glee to cover). . . ::sigh::

I don't think I could handle RIB throwing the whole "Muslims are just like you and me" agenda down our throats using Aylin as his vehicle. The Christian motif is already being overused.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17107/25/2012

Pretty sure they're doing a final four again, and I betting it's Blake, Michael, Aylin, and Lily. There's pretty solid evidence that Shanna goes next week, so that only leaves Ali with those four in the second to last episode. I feel like the editing is really setting up a Blake vs Michael and Aylin vs Lily show down. (For example, Douchebag Murphy egging on Lily to stick it to Aylin, and basically telling Michael everything he can do Blake can do better.)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17207/25/2012

I'm pretty fine with any of them winning as long as it's not Lily or Shanna.

I really wanted to like Lily, but as talented as she is, she's nowhere nearly as talented as she thinks she is.

I think Abraham might have squeaked by this week if he hadn't copped an attitude.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17307/25/2012

If Shanna gets eliminated next week that seems ridiculous since she is the only contestant who has never had to perform for Ryan. So that means it will probably happen.

The only thing that really annoys me is that every indication so far has Michael being among the final group of contenders. I don't understand how he makes it far.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17407/25/2012

Have you seen him, r24?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17507/25/2012

I meant r174

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17607/25/2012

"There's pretty solid evidence that Shanna goes next week"

What evidence are you referring to r172?

And as far as Shanna being eliminated without having ever been in the bottom three - that theory doesn't hold water, because that's exactly what happened to Marissa? or whoever was the lead girl last year. I think the writers/producers plan ahead to give one contestant the surprise boot about 4 eps to the end just to shock viewers and maintain audience interest.

As far as Michael goes, RM as much as said he exudes cuteness and believability without even opening his mouth, so I'm pretty sure he's been given priority from the get go. Unfortunately, Michael's vocal abilities and confidence will likely do him in.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17707/25/2012

R177 Her tweeting and facebook updates started up before the competition concluded, and the kids aren't given internet access in the house. (Abraham also had early facebook/twitter activity the week after the current episode had been filmed, and he ended up having been eliminated.) Shanna even tweeted a photo of her eating at an Olive Garden in Alabama with her friends while TGP was still filming.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17807/25/2012

Michael may not be the strongest vocalist but nothing I've heard Blake do makes me believe he's any stronger, which was the comment from the producers this week. I feel like Blake must be Ryan Murphy's "type" because he's exactly like Cory Monteith - tall, dark and cute but a very average singer. For all the accolades he gets they don't showcase his singing very much in the edit.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 17907/25/2012

You knew Abraham was going home at some point when he did that weird come-on to Ryan last week. Bizarre, and then he confirmed it with his Dreamgirls walk-on this week. Cra-a-zy.

Roller-Dolly needs to go next. She's just... odd, and I don't find her determination inspiring, just kind of sad.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18007/25/2012

Blake has shined as a performer and actor in many music videos. Michael has not.

That is the difference between them, their X-factor in front of the camera, not their vocal ability. No one claimed Blake is the best singer in the competition.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18107/25/2012

I can't wait to look inside Michael's underoos.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18207/25/2012

Favorite image of the season thus far? Michael in the jockstrap. Even on top of his clothes that was hot.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18307/25/2012

This show has really screwed itself. You uses to be able I watch episodes on Hulu plus (computer only no iPad or tv). Now they are making Hulu wait 30 days after air time to make an episode available. Fuck them. I rally cared little before and won't care at all now. That Ryan guy is on a power trip or something.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18407/25/2012

ITA, r183, but don't get any ideas.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18507/25/2012

That's why someone created a little known site called The Pirate Bay, r184. Then you won't have to wait for HULU.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18607/26/2012

Two hot new guys were added to the GLEE cast this week -- leading me to believe that TGP winner will be a female.

Wheelchair girl is gonna get this. Another storyline I don't want to see.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18707/26/2012

They already did a wheelchair storyline with Quinn this year, so if Ali does win I wouldn't expect her disability to be much of a plot point. But I doubt she's a serious contender anyway. My money is on either Aylin or Blake.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18807/26/2012

I'm also putting on my money on Blake or Aylin... probably both. They've said a hundred times they're only picking one person, but Murphy flat out lies to his fandom constantly, so I expect them to do the 7-7-2-2 format like last year.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 18907/26/2012

One of the showrunners said they think they've discovered a star this year. Made me think it was Blake.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19007/26/2012

Thought the winner was going be Blake, but now not so sure.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19108/01/2012

Poor Shanna. But she's not a pretty boy and she doesn't have a back story that Ryan can write a character about so she's out.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19208/01/2012

Blake's girlfriend is one lucky bitch.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19308/01/2012

Blake's "special" session with Darren Criss .....hmmmmm

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19408/01/2012

I'm definitely crushing on Michael this season...While I know he won't win, I like that they keep him around just so we have something good to look at.

I don't get the appeal of Blake - I guess he's just not my type. I don't think he's that great looking, or that great of a singer. He's just all around bland, in my opinion.

At this point, I'm really hoping that Ali wins. I wouldn't mind if Aylin or Lily did, but Ali just seems the most appreciative, has the best voice, and seems to be a pretty good actress.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19508/01/2012

I laughed when Lily outed Michael as gay. She's been my favorite on this show since Day One though the real star of TGP is, of course, Mr. Ryan Murphy himself.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19608/01/2012

Ryan Murphy is the best owner ever and anyone who says differently can suck it!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19708/01/2012

Shanna messed up. When asked what character she would play, she should have trotted out her crack baby story.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19808/01/2012

[quote]When asked what character she would play, she should have trotted out her crack baby story.

Is that why she has such bizarrely large eyes? They're creepy.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 19908/01/2012

Good things to those who wait: Next week's music video isn't a music video, it's a fake movie trailer featuring actual acting, with the song--"Fuckin' Perfect" by P!nk--only used underneath the action.

The only thing most of us will care about is that Blake and Michael take their shirts off.

Although, the person who comes off the best is Lily, as much as it pains me to admit that.

Dianna Agron is the mentor, which pleases me, because while I know this isn't a popular opinion, I've always thought she and Naya Rivera were the two strongest actors among the kids.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20008/02/2012

[quote]The only thing most of us will care about is that Blake and Michael take their shirts off.

Why? We've seen them with their shirts off and they look like two average 17 year olds. Nothing special. It's going to be Muslim girl who will enter the Choir room with her head covered and controversy ensues.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20108/02/2012

[quote]Why?

Because we're nothing if not predictable.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20208/02/2012

[quote] I laughed when Lily outed Michael as gay

LOL, that's how I took her reaction too. FWIW, he claims to be straight with a girlfriend. Just like Darren "Come get romantic with me, Blake" Criss.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20308/02/2012

She made a comment about how "everyone has a crush on Blake" instead of "all the girls have a crush on Blake."

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20508/04/2012

Also, her expressions and giggly reactions when talking about being romantic with Michael all but shouted "How am I supposed to act like I'm turned on by this little gay guy?"

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20608/04/2012

And, whether he claims to be straight or not, there was one episode where he couldn't seem to take his hands off Abraham.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20708/04/2012

*** SPOILER ***

Supposedly, Lily AND Michael go home tonight, making Blake, Aylin, and Ali the finalists.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20808/07/2012

A satisfying penultimate episode, although I wish I hadn't read R208's spoiler before watching.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 20908/07/2012

I'm thinking now that Aylin wins solely on the basis of her personal back-story and the writers sheer lack of talent and creativity. Though I'm kinda wondering if they'll end up throwing Blake and Ali a walk on role or something in the end.

For the record, I like Blake, but did anyone else think they completely over-praise his acting ability. The boy is certainly no academy award winner or anything. although, I should probably remember that Glee is being used as a reference point for comparison.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21008/08/2012

The first group was more amusing.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21108/08/2012

Michael, please head directly to Corbin Fisher after you leave. TIA.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21208/08/2012

Cute guy isn't an outcast, we already have Artie in a wheel chair so it has to Muslim girl. Even if they didn't use her back story, she is the least attractive girl in the competition and they haven't really had a just plain old ugly girl in the choir room, so she's perfect.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21308/08/2012

I don't get the love for Blake - cute, yes, but nothing remarkable about him and of all the people left, he would be the one I would be least inspired to write for. He may be in the top 3, but I think he's just a place holder (Michael had been in the bottom 3 too many times, and as talented as Lily was, she did possibly have some attitude issues to work out - but she was the most entertaining to watch perform).

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21408/08/2012

"they haven't really had a just plain old ugly girl in the choir room"

How soon they forget.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21508/08/2012

Michael wanted Blake so badly in that last episode. He kept on staring at Blake in this ferrety way - poor closeted guy. At one point, Blake even seemed to encourage it - when they hugged towards the end, Blake leaned in for what looked like a kiss. Then he smirked.

Michael probably dreamt every night of waking up to Blake's face in his smooth hole. Poor lad.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21608/08/2012

...or Blake's cock in his smooth hole.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21708/08/2012

They will also take the Muslim girl because the PR people can go crazy with the whole, My family is conservative and don't approve of me playing a whore" story.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21808/08/2012

r209, it wasn't the last episode...there's one more to go, I think.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 21908/08/2012

R219, "penultimate" means next to last.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22008/08/2012

Final video preview. Looks like fun.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22108/08/2012

I find Blake completely boring. His acting is better than his horribly dull singing. And hd can't sing harmonies at all?? How can he possibly survive on Glee?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22208/08/2012

[quote]Michael wanted Blake so badly in that last episode. He kept on staring at Blake in this ferrety way - poor closeted guy.

Do you guys even watch this show? Michael is openly gay. He has discussed his sexuality and how comfortable he is with it ON THE SHOW.

From the official Glee wiki site:

[quote]He is very comfortable about his sexuality.

Not to mention:

[quote]His favorite colors are hazel and fuschia.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22308/08/2012

Voice, you should know better than to make a post that long that isn't inside the OP.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22408/08/2012

The line about him being comfortable with his sexuality was in the episode where the challenge revolved around sexuality. I don't think he meant it in relation to his orientation.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22508/08/2012

I know I've been rooting for Aylin from the beginning, so probably my reaction is suspect, but she sang the hell out of "Fighter."

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22608/09/2012

If Michael is gay, I wish he would have been opened and embraced it. That probably would have let him edge Roller Dolly out of the finals. Actually, he should have said he was bisexual. They would have eaten that shit up.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22708/09/2012

I don't really care who wins; none of them appeals much to me, though I admit I haven't watched the whole series. I did see the episode with the writers and have to say I find their process odd. If Ryan wanted to represent a Muslim student dealing with modernity vs tradition, why not just write the part and cast an actor? Why do they need the cast's real life situation to inspire them? Same thing with the Christian dreadlocked kid from last year. Why not just write the role, then find someone who can sing, dance, and act to fill it?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22808/09/2012

Michael grew up in the Lakewood-Balmoral (Andersonville) section of Chicago, the upper middle class Menstown alternative to Lakeview's Boystown. It would be the ideal, supportive place to grow up if you were a young gayling.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 22908/09/2012

Blake and Aylin aren't a surprise, but letting Roller Dolly through is a joke. Her simpering and over-reacting is just endlessly annoying. Many of the faces she makes (like when the Excited flashcard appeared) are just creepy.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23008/09/2012

That Michael kid has a girlfriend, if he is gay then he is deeply closeted about it because he definitely identifies as straight.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23108/09/2012

R223 - Michael is NOT openly gay. A few bio's mention his girlfriend and he even talks about her (dating for two years) in one of his interviews. He may be gay, he may be bi, he may be figuring it our or not, but at this point, he's only openly straight.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23208/09/2012

There is one bromance every season.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23308/09/2012

[quote]why not just write the part and cast an actor? Why do they need the cast's real life situation to inspire them? Same thing with the Christian dreadlocked kid from last year. Why not just write the role, then find someone who can sing, dance, and act to fill it?

Because "The Glee Project" exists, and it needs a storyline as well. I see it as an extension of the whole be-yourself vibe of "Glee" itself. Not saying I agree with it, but that's how I see it.

I was surprised to see Michael Hitchcock was one of the Glee writers. Maybe this is common knowledge, I don't know. I just recognized him and, at first, thought it was a guy who just looked like him but, nope, it was the real deal. (He's a character actor who I knew from bit parts in the Christopher Guest movies. He's done a million other things, too.)

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23408/11/2012

I can see Michael getting into some kinky stuff later in life. He just has that vibe of 'wholesome by day, uncut funk worship by night'.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23508/11/2012

Wheelchair Girl finally broke out her rendition of "Popular".

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23608/14/2012

And it sunk like a stone.

So happy with the winner!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23708/14/2012

It's Blake. I guess that private mentoring session at Murphy's house paid off.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23808/14/2012

But Blake's only 19, R238. Do you think he's man enough to fill Ryan's gaping hole at this point in his young life?

I notice Grant Gustin rushed down to the stage to personally congratulate him. He probably told Colfer, "Dibs!"

by The Voice of the Nightreply 23908/14/2012

Blake was my least favorite of the final three. He's technically proficient at everything, but so completely flat and vanilla. Blah.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24008/15/2012

I didn't really get it when everyone was saying he was a star.

Then again, I'm not a teenage girl, so that probably has something to do with it.

I'd have picked the Muslim girl with the difficult name.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24108/15/2012

lol, r239. Yeah, Grant was pinging bigtime in the finale. I was shocked Chris didn't pick Blake to "mentor" following the homework assignment.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24208/15/2012

btw, was it just me or did Damian McGinty look like he's gained about 25 lbs? He looked bloated...not good. I wonder if that was a factor in them not bringing him back. Dude, lay off the haggas & mutton!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24308/15/2012

He's been gaining weight progressively throughout the season.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24408/15/2012

Michael's love/lust for Blake was more apparent in the finale than ever before! The way Michael looked at Blake when they reunited and in all his reaction shots when Blake was performing/winning... the boy is in love... or in heat. Then again, all the gays in the audience wanted to jump Blake's bones after that 'I'm the guy' poem.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24508/15/2012

[quote]I wonder if that was a factor in them not bringing him back.

I think it's more that every time he was onscreen, he sucked all the life out of the scene. He was a gigantic cipher.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24608/15/2012

Damian has a beautiful voice for ballads and he has a cute camera ready face, but the boy can't dance or act his way out of a paper bag and brings nothing to the scene even as a background character. He is also hard for some viewers to understand with his accent.

Combine that with Glee writer's lack of effort in and/or ability to write decent dialogue and his fate was sealed.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24708/15/2012

R245, you're right. He was reacting to Blake's musical performance like a schoolgirl with a crush.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24808/15/2012

I don't think Amber Likes Darren

by The Voice of the Nightreply 24908/15/2012

R247, they could have had fun with that. They could have had him talk in thick brogue and given him subtitles. The Glee writers just lack imagination.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25008/15/2012

The only reason to still watch Glee

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25108/15/2012

Well Ryan Murphy obviously made the decision with his dick. They just hired Finn's replacement even though the kid is really nothing to look at and has ZERO star quality.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25208/15/2012

I am the guy who will persist in his path

I am the guy who will make you laugh

I am the guy who strives to be open

I am the guy who’s been heartbroken

I am the guy who’s been on his own

I am the guy who’s felt alone

I am the guy the guy who holds your hand

I am the guy who will stand up and be a man

I am the guy who tries to make things better

I am the guy who’s the whitest half-Cuban, ever

I am the guy who’s lost more than he’s won

I am the guy who’s turned, but never spun

I am the guy you couldn’t see

I am that guy, and that guy’s me.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25308/15/2012

Please R250, not saying the Glee writers did a good job with what they gave him but Damien was a black hole on screen. He didn't bring any energy or charisma to any scenes and most of his line readings just brought the scene to a halt, there isn't much you can do with that. Getting rid of him was the right choice.

He got national exposure and almost a whole season of paychecks, not a bad deal.

I do agree that Blake Jenner is blandy mcblanderson, but even outside of the Glee Project his past acting jobs show he is capable of playing a character and bringing something to a scene so he won't be another complete embarrassment.

Though that is one problem with Blake. He is a generic nice looking white dude who shouldn't need the Glee Project, he should just be going on auditions and winning his roles the old fashioned way like Grant Gustin and Darren Criss did.

I'm curious what his (gay) brother looks like also.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25408/15/2012

I found some of Blake's old jockstraps from the movie trailer episode out back! Who wants to sniff them with me?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25508/15/2012

[quote]Though that is one problem with Blake. He is a generic nice looking white dude who shouldn't need the Glee Project, he should just be going on auditions and winning his roles the old fashioned way like Grant Gustin and Darren Criss did.

Well put.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25608/15/2012

Even Darren Criss seemed like he was gazing lustfully at Blake. Blake must reek charisma and raw sexuality in person but it sure doesn't come across on TV.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25708/15/2012

Does Grant Gustin really claim to be straight? That shocks me.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25808/15/2012

What I appreciated about Grant Gustin is he actually handled the issue better than Darren Criss did. He made no effort to clarify what his sexual orientation was when he was cast and it was fairly late into his arc on Glee that an interviewer finally asked him and he mentioned he wasn't gay and moved on.

He could be lying, but I can believe him. Go into any theater program at universities and you can meet a ton of guys like him that seem a little gay and have no hang ups about their sexual orientation or proving their masculinity.

There really is a new generation of straight guys these days, not all obviously, but in the right circles and locations you can see it. I am only a few years older than him and have friends like that.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 25908/15/2012

I'm in my 20's, so I know about that generation... I'm a part of it. But while I agree that there are many younger straight guys that are very comfortable with their sexuality, Grant Gustin was actively checking out Blake. I'm a little skeptical.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26008/15/2012

Nope, Grant is not gay

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26108/15/2012

Sadly that is Chris Mears, not Grant Gustin. The resemblance works well but Gustin has a much lankier build.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26208/15/2012

I'm more shocked that Abraham really claims to be straight. He shouted "werq" at one of the contestants. What straight guy does that or even knows that expression??

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26308/16/2012

The boy ain't straight, I'm sorry.

And neither is Michael.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26408/16/2012

How much cock has Grant Gustin sucked?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26508/16/2012

Finally watched the show's season. To be honest I thought this season had great talents.

Michael and Blake are hot and I'd totally watch 'Perfect: The Movie' just for them and camera and attention hogging Lily.

I almost expected some little twist that Murphy wouldn't choose Blake as winner for Glee and drag him over to American Horror Story instead (after some very nice and hot casting couch session). A lot of the contestants would deserve at least cameos.

I find the whole 'we need people who are personalities so we can write for them and their interesting backstory!" a very sad statement. Come up with a great character and let the casting agencies find you the right guy or gal for that job. To me it's downright insulting to the TV and movie script writing guild.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26608/16/2012

Oh, and I forgot.

Murphy's stressing out that soooooo many cast members leaving the show and yet in this season he will only choose ONE winner and the rest can go to hell or back where they came from.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26708/16/2012

I feel weird defending Ryan Murphy but here we go. As he pointed out the point of the Glee Project was inspired by Chris Colfer.

In Chris case there wasn't a character on the page but Ryan liked him as a person so much he was inspired to write a character based off him. He was trying to find someone else to do that with.

That is a different completely different process than a normal audition to portray a character, that is why the Glee Project puts such a emphasis on who the contestants are as a person. That is ostensibly the point.

With Blake they definitely gave up on that premise, but I just think he wanted to go with a winner he was confident wouldn't suck and embarrass them the way Damian did. Honestly he needs to realize Chris Colfer was a rare case.

To the point in R267, the network did not like the way he made everyone a winner last time which is why he had to do the "only one winner" thing. It definitely would have been more appropriate to have multiple winners this season moreso than even last season.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26808/16/2012

[It definitely would have been more appropriate to have multiple winners this season moreso than even last season.]

Even sadder still, the top eight or nine this year would have all made better contributions to the show than probably anyone who was even on the first season of The Glee Project.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 26908/16/2012

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm having Michael withdrawal...

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27008/16/2012

The shows been going downhill since season one. It's not the talent's problem, it's the lousy writing. If written for and groomed properly any of those kids could be effective.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27108/16/2012

Finally saw the finale. I really hope Michael and Blake can have a romantic happy ending. Michael was just adorable with his puppy dog adoration of Blake. They'd be a cute couple.

Sad that this season of The Glee Project was miles more entertaining than Glee itself has been for awhile. I really liked aspects of all the contestants. Hire all of them and get rid of the current Glee cast.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27208/21/2012

The way Michael and Lily huddled together (praying for Blake to win) in their seats when the winner was announced sealed the deal for me that Michael has a total crush on Blake. If it was just for the show then Michael is a better actor than I thought.

Hollywood and WeHo still have some hot guys around when guys like Blake need something like the Glee Project to get noticed.

I wonder if the Glee fans are pissed that so far the ratio is one girl vs. four guys winning a role / cameo on The Glee Project?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27308/21/2012

[quote]I find the whole 'we need people who are personalities so we can write for them and their interesting backstory!" a very sad statement. Come up with a great character and let the casting agencies find you the right guy or gal for that job. To me it's downright insulting to the TV and movie script writing guild.

If they did a show about conventional casting, they couldn't have a diverse group of contestants. Imagine they'd used The Glee Project to cast Sebastian last year. All the contestants would have to be good looking, probably white males who could convincingly play preppy gay bitches. More appealing for Datalounge maybe, but I doubt that would make for a more interesting show for a general audience.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27408/21/2012

r274. It's about the argument they use in order to explain the show's purpose. I wouldn't have a problem with the basic explanation: Who wants to be on Glee? Come on The Glee Project and have a shot!

No, they have to, like, GOOP it all up with some deeper artistic meaning where they want to find that special muse who will inspire them.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27508/21/2012

Well, when Ryan Murphy says he wants to be inspired, and then creates a role for Damian McGinty purely on the basis of his being hard to understand, then yes, that element of the show seems like bullshit.

But I'm responding more to the complaint I see all the time about this show, that you made as well: "why don't they think of a role first and then cast it?" To which I say, because that wouldn't make for an interesting competition.

Most of the roles on Glee are cast the conventional way, so they're not rejecting agents and casting directors.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27608/21/2012

At this point "The Glee Project" is a better show than "Glee".

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27708/21/2012

Nellie's single -

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27808/25/2012

Just watched Fearlessness episode and was shocked that Charlie went home before Nellie, who seem invisible half the time.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 27908/27/2012

One thing that was revealed (which I didn't know before) was that Chris Colfer had tried out for wheelchair Artie but wasn't right for that part, but Ryan was intrigued by Chris and wrote a part for him based on Chris' real life.

Sort of what he is trying to do with the Glee Project. So I guess it sometimes works.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 28009/02/2012

Michael doesn't have a girlfriend anymore because he is openly gay hence "comfortable with his sexuality". Str8 boys do not say they are comfortable with their sexuality.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 28109/02/2012

[quote]Str8 boys do not say they are comfortable with their sexuality.

They say it in situations like when they are teased about having gay friends with whom they go to gay bars or gay themed events (in order to show their support for their gay friends and have some fun themselves by being exposed to something slightly different).

by The Voice of the Nightreply 28209/03/2012

Guess which fellow contestant Dani is dating?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 28312/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.