Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What part did Scientology play in ruining the careers of John Travolta and Tom Cruise?

Can someone's religion ruin their stardom. Are they really members of a cult?

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

Scientology isn't a religion, just a way of life. You can be Catholic and a Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2012

It's been reported that John and Tom have been blackmailed into major donations to prevent the church from outing them.

by Anonymousreply 205/25/2012

So does Scientology host secret mass gay orgies?

by Anonymousreply 305/25/2012

No, but we do.

by Anonymousreply 405/25/2012

Their careers were ruined?

by Anonymousreply 505/25/2012

That's right, R5. At one time, they were both destined to star in every single movie ever made!

by Anonymousreply 605/25/2012

Yes they are cultists

by Anonymousreply 705/25/2012

Yes it's a cult. And most importantly it is a rabidly anti-gay cult, even though some members don't seem to realize that.

It's ideas are almost as freaky as the Mormons. See video below.

by Anonymousreply 805/25/2012

Getting older and beginning to lose their looks (Tammy) and getting way older and lost their looks (Travolta) explains their waning careers. At this point, who really cares? Remember, Liberace won a libel suit in the UK during the 50s refuting the story he was gay. LIBERACE!!!

John and Tom will be younger versions of Richard Chamberlain when they write their coming out books. Both are already set for life many times over. What do they have to lose at this point?

Except this:

I am glad though, that Mom died 6 years before Rock Hudson died. She loved him so much. She used to tell us that Rock was the only man she would leave Dad for. I never told her I worked security when Rock came to our town to do dinner theater. I stood outside his hotel door when he left for a performance to make sure the 2 "hired hands" didn't leave the room until he got back.

I'm lucky to have not been a bottom...

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2012

I belive Tom Cruise himself has described Scientology as a "religion." There seems to be some confusion here...

by Anonymousreply 1105/25/2012

I think Scientology helped Cruise. Everything I've read says he's incredibly focused and confident, and I think a large part of that is because he truly believes he's "clear" or whatever they tell him he is.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's crazier than a shithouse rat, and he probably could have gotten the same results with a Ouija Board if he believed 100% in the power of the Ouija Board. My point is, it has provided him with a framework and he made the most of it.

I also think his handlers in Scientology opened one Hell of a lot of doors for him along the way.

by Anonymousreply 1205/25/2012

Tom must end every sexual encounter with, "This has to be a secret. No one can know that we did this."

Unless he's really into getting fucked while gunning for the Oscar for Best Ass-Fucking Bitch, that b.s. would get old - fast!

by Anonymousreply 1305/26/2012

Cruise is A-sexual. Remember Mimi Rodgers famous interview. Tom had told her he wanted to become a priest, since sex didn't interest him. She later denied he said that, and was paid well for it. Travolta, however, is the opposite. I do believe he's a sex addict. Thats what is finally coming out now in the press. He really had no control over it. It's an addiction.

by Anonymousreply 1405/26/2012

Cruise's talking so much about Scientology (re: the Matt Lauer and Oprah interviews) hurt his career....

I don't know why Travolta's career ended the first time in the 80's....I guess just a lot of bad movies killed it until Pulp Fiction brought it back.

by Anonymousreply 1505/26/2012

I feel so bad for Tom Cruise, his career was ruined by making him an A list actor.

What idiot started this?

by Anonymousreply 1705/26/2012

Can somebody tell me in a nutshell what on earth would attract these people to Scientology. It reminds me of the Moonies back in the day, but most of them were adolescents (or in their 20s) with Borderline Personality Disorder and drug-fried brains or whatever.

I still can't get over Greta van Susteran being one of them. Yeah, I hate her now too that she's turned to the right, but she used to be coherent and seemingly intelligent, but she's on of those lunatics.

Astrology seems imminently saner than Scientology. And a hell of a lot cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 1805/26/2012

Germany's Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution has Scientologie under surveillance since 1997. They fought it tooth and nail. France doesn't like Co$ either.

Travolta lost the good will of this cult, they're ruining what's left of him now.

by Anonymousreply 1905/26/2012

The smart ones get out...

by Anonymousreply 2005/26/2012

David Miscavige is hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2013

TC was nuts before he started with scientology, never understood why he became the big A-lister he was or still is. The guy cant act and is mentally retarded. I think he blew the right people in the industry and since scientology has a heavy influence in HW they kept pushing him. Travolta at least is a good actor, both TC and Travolta are gay, maybe they both knew and serviced the right people in HW and within scientology. Same goes for Will Smith, he is definitely a sick weirdo and an insufferable too.

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.