Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Burrell... Secrets of a Restaurant Chef comes out

There was a debate going on about this on DL. I couldn't find the here's the news clip for those who are interested.

by Anonymousreply 8912/31/2012

She was "straight" on her Facebook page. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 105/25/2012

Her food is okay, it's just that she TALKS to the food. That's not okay.

by Anonymousreply 605/25/2012

She worked with Batali for a long time, idiot r5.

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2012

Maybe she "cooked up" a new orientation?

by Anonymousreply 1105/25/2012

I thought a long time ago that she's been out. I heard her comment on her wife/girlfriend on her cooking show, I think.

by Anonymousreply 1505/25/2012

[quote]So why did Ted out her like that? That's so odd, usually public figures are careful not to out anyone.

Because I feel every gay celebrity should come out.

And I really, really hate her.

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2012

LOL R17.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2012

Ted decided it was time to open Anne Burrell's "mystery basket."

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2012

I've sensed a lot of sexual tension in the Anne-Robert Irvine rivalry. Perhaps little Ted is jealous. Plus, he has no show of his own anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2012

Now we know one secret of this restaurant chef. I am expecting that she does three rails of coke before they call action on here frenetic show to be the next.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2012

haha u guys made me laugh.

i wish she'd get a better haircut. the one she has is attrocious.

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2012

[quote]Perhaps little Ted is jealous. Plus, he has no show of his own anymore.

Ted is the host of "Chopped."

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2012

[quote] Ted decided it was time to open Anne Burrell's "mystery basket."

And your ingredients for this round are ....

red snapper

Asian pears

puffed rice cereal

and ...

Anne Burrell is a lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2012

Y'all is cracking me up here.

by Anonymousreply 2505/25/2012

Floppy Bosoms is a lesbian? Knock me over with a feather.

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2012

She looks like the female Guy Fieri. A few years ago she was the subject of some controversy when several women who worked beneath her accused her of sexual harrassment. Don't know how that turned out, but I've always figured she was family. Contrary to what someone upthread said, her food looks great, and she can cook her ass off.

Let's see, we have Cat Cora, Anne Burrell and Ted Allen as openly gay FN stars. I've always thought Alton Brown highly pinged, and don't even ask me about Michael Chiarello and Bobby Deen.

by Anonymousreply 2705/25/2012

R23, Ted is the host, not the STAR of Chopped. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 2805/25/2012

R27, what about Anita Lo?

by Anonymousreply 2905/25/2012

Is Chiarello divorced? I know he HAD a wife, and his a couple of kids, but I thought he seperated from his wife. And yes, he has always come off as gay.

by Anonymousreply 3005/25/2012

R27, I've lived near Chiarello for a long time & I don't think anyone who knows him thinks he's gay (married twice, with kids, & quite a man about town between wives, for whatever that may be worth). As someone on DL once said, if he seems to give off a gay vibe, he's just being Italian (talks fast, effusively, & breathlessly while gesticulating & using lots of sensuous words for food; hugs everyone with gusto; etc).

But I do tend to agree about Bobby Deen.

by Anonymousreply 3105/25/2012

Never heard of Anita Lo, but is she gay?

Didn't know ChiChi was separated from his wife either. Things that make you go hmmm....

R31, my gaydar is usually on-point, and ChiChi has pinged from the minute I saw him. Bobby Deen's pinging is oftentimes off the charts, so color me surprised when he introduced his GF Katy Mixon on Paula's show a couple of years ago (I think she's a beard).

by Anonymousreply 3205/25/2012

Anita Lo was the first one out, r32.

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2012

R30 he is gay and very good at the DL

by Anonymousreply 3405/25/2012

I've had few romantic thoughts about the frying pan set. These TV cooks talk incessantly and use the silliest uncalled for terms as they cook. I know they are trying to create interest in what they are doing, but honestly, short order cooks belong in their own greasy spoon, not on TV using adjectives they rarely know the meaning, but "seem" to fit their chatter.

I don't find a need to identify with any of these "chatter charmers" and wish they'd just do straight cooking shows as Julia Child did and Jacque Pepin does.

by Anonymousreply 3505/25/2012

Elizabeth Falkner, runner-up in this year's Next Iron Chef, is a very out lesbian.

Chopped judges Alex Ghirardelli and Amanda Freitag seem bi to me.

by Anonymousreply 3605/25/2012

Chopped tends to feature a lot of chefs from the LGBT community and I agree with R36 about Alex and Freitag.

by Anonymousreply 3705/25/2012

someone here at the DL knows Michael Chiarrello. he/she said he was a pussy hound and he cheats/cheated on his wives left and right. He is NOT gay.

And he's an asshole. A real jerk

by Anonymousreply 3805/25/2012

I've heard the asshole thing about ChiChi quite a bit, and he acted a bit spoiled and bratty on The Next Iron Chef.

by Anonymousreply 3905/25/2012

I've also heard he's a jerk, but not separated from his second wife (Eileen) or gay.

by Anonymousreply 4005/25/2012

Christ, I could tell she was gay and I've never even watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 4105/25/2012

I wish she'd just fix her fried hair.

by Anonymousreply 4205/26/2012

She carefully cultivates that look.

She and Guy Fieri should do a show together. Maybe then everyone would see how awful they both look.

by Anonymousreply 4305/26/2012

[quote] I wish she'd just fix her fried hair.

It would be much better grilled rather than fried.

by Anonymousreply 4405/26/2012

Did we REALLY need Ted to tell us this???

by Anonymousreply 4505/26/2012

I haven't been this shocked since Clay came out! Sheeesh!

by Anonymousreply 4605/26/2012

Is Prune's Gabrielle Hamilton "ex-gay"?

by Anonymousreply 4705/26/2012

Yes, she is, R47. Who is Alex Ghirardelli? Is that the right spelling of the name? I did a search for photos, but miscellaneous stuff came up.

by Anonymousreply 4805/26/2012

[quote]Never heard of Anita Lo, but is she gay?

According to R7's link, she "seeks women." And then she is quoted as saying: "I am attracted to pretty girls". She is not pretty, though.

by Anonymousreply 4905/26/2012

^^Alex Guarnaschelli. She had a show on TFN called "Alex's Day Off". She and Anne were kind of close on The Next Iron Chef.

by Anonymousreply 5005/26/2012

Thanks, R50. She looks like a frau.

by Anonymousreply 5105/26/2012

That is an old picture of Alex S. She's really a moose now.

by Anonymousreply 5205/26/2012

FN did Alex Guarnaschelli's bio for that series about their stars' lives. Her mom edited The Joy of Cooking among other cookbooks. She seemed like a raging bitch including to her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5305/26/2012

Yes we did, r45. Anne seems to have been actively hiding and that "seeks men" profile didn't help. Plus she was a raging bitch to that very out lesbian on the Next Iron Chef competition. Honestly, I thought it was self-loathing on Anne's part, though I admit it could all be in my head.

by Anonymousreply 5405/26/2012

Chefs, open your baskets. Your ingredients for this round are ...

elk tenderloin

mustard greens

Bobby Deen is a mo

and wonton wrappers

by Anonymousreply 5505/26/2012

Haha! Love it R55.

by Anonymousreply 5605/26/2012

I think it's hilarious that she was basically outed but tried to save face and say she was 'always out'

by Anonymousreply 5706/02/2012

[quote]"I am attracted to pretty girls". Ugh. This is typically self-loathing talk. One assumes that if your attracted to a person- you find them attractive.

Nonsense. Some guys are attracted to pretty boys, and male beauty is important to them. I am more interested in the more rugged look; most of the men I've been attracted to have unconventional looks, are not always in top physical shape, but have sharp minds and a wry sense of humor.

So yes, if you're attacted to a person, you find them attractive. That is not at all the same as being attracted to pretty people.

by Anonymousreply 6006/02/2012

Damn r3. She's too cute.

by Anonymousreply 6106/06/2012

Robert Irvine strikes me as uber gay.

Alton Brown... if he's gay I feel sorry for him and his wife. He is deeply closeted southern boy with a baptist family. It would explain his high strung behavior and bitterness though.

He flirts rather openly with Giada on the Food Star show but insists it's all "Big brother" behavior. Don't know wha to make of that.

by Anonymousreply 6206/06/2012

[quote]my gaydar is usually on-point

Everyone always says that. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6306/06/2012

[quote]Is Prune's Gabrielle Hamilton "ex-gay"?

I heard her speak here in Toronto a few months ago and she said was married to a man but previous to that she had relationships with women. She is divorced now -- or in the process of..

And I got the sense from what she said thatshe was very back with gals. She didn't seem closeted or anything like that.

Didn't sound 'ex-gay' in the fundie sense to me...more like she had a hetero lapse. t

by Anonymousreply 6406/06/2012

Or she is bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 6506/06/2012

Her book is a good read, r64. Definitely not a fundie.

I think her love for her (ex)-husband was more around their shared love of food and his mother.

by Anonymousreply 6606/06/2012

Don't really care about Anne and her preferences.

She does cook very good food.

I made the stuffed turkey breast this past Thanksgiving and everybody loved it.

I made the Ina version as well but more people did like Anne's version.

It doesn't bode well at all for that total dyke currently competing on the Next Food Network Star.

We already have a spiky-blond haired woman on the network, thanks anyway. Really dislike that contestant.

by Anonymousreply 6706/06/2012

If Burrell is gay and in an LTR with another lesbian chef, I'm somewhat pissed that she didn't appear with her partner (instead of her sister) on the recent Food Network Family cookoff show. Irvine was on their with his sporty Asian (of course) bride.

I'm also curious about chopped judge Amanda Freitag. Faulkner was shamelessly flirting with her on the latest Iron Chef: Redemption episode - in a way lesbians rarely flirt with straight women - and Freitag seemed flattered.

I always thought Freitag was hot in her more femme incarnations as a "Chopped" judge - not so much in her brittle, no-nonsense guise on Iron Chef - but I'm still curious. There seems to be as many lesbian world class chefs as there are lesbian world class athletes - for some reason, it's just a lesbian profession - much like men who are interior decorators are mostly gay.

by Anonymousreply 6811/19/2012

How about April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig?

by Anonymousreply 6911/19/2012

She's kooky and seems cool. I like her. Her food is a bit fatty though.

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2012

Oh puhleeze. She has Michfest Hair six ways from Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2012

I don't find Koran attractive AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 7211/20/2012

short haired version

by Anonymousreply 7311/20/2012

by Anonymousreply 7411/21/2012

Who cares what her sexual orientation is what is wrong with talking to your food? She makes her show fun to watch by talking to the food. I She is a wonderful chef with an upbeat attitude.

by Anonymousreply 7511/25/2012

Has Anne beaten up Ted yet?

You know she could do!

If I had to pick between Anne or her gf, I'd go with Anne.... provided she doesn't dress like a man off set.

She's got spunk. I'd let her feed me!

by Anonymousreply 7612/06/2012

Who didn't know this?I just assumed she was out and choosing to keep her private life private,unlike some other chefs. If she really was closeted,she wasn't fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 7712/06/2012

[quote]She makes her show fun to watch by talking to the food.

You'd love the lady on my block that talks to all the food she digs out of the trash can. She also talks to the telephone poles, too.

by Anonymousreply 7812/06/2012

Here's one of the old threads, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7912/06/2012

Ted Allen always has a dour look on his face. Maybe he needs a high hard one up the middle.

by Anonymousreply 8012/06/2012

Ted is bitchier than Kunty Karl, and just as attractive. He always has that look on his face.

by Anonymousreply 8112/06/2012

R68, I'm just catching up on NIC and noticed Faulkner flirting with Freitag too. I was just looking over Amanda's twitter account and noticed that she frequently tweets with Chely Wright. I'm starting to wonder if maybe she is a lez. Anyone know anything about her? When asked all she ever says is she's single.

by Anonymousreply 8212/18/2012

Another horrible Ann/e. There are so many of them.

by Anonymousreply 8312/18/2012

Who cares!!

by Anonymousreply 8412/30/2012

R68, I loved Falkner shamelessly flirting with Freiteg. I especially loved the double entendre when Falkner was presenting the dish that represented Freiteg and described it as sexy to look at and sexy to EAT, lol. Freiteg looked like she enjoyed the attention and looked incredibly flattered. Apparently Freiteg has a boyfriend though.

Remember (straight) Judy Joo's crazy crush on Falkner last season? That was interesting to watch as well.

by Anonymousreply 8512/30/2012

On the topic of Anne: I used to like her a lot until I saw her cattiness on Next Iron Chef. She was a total cunt to Beau, Irvine, and especially Falkner. I always assumed Anne was a lesbian but after seeing her men seeking men ad, I figured her cuntiness toward the very comfortably out Falkner was pure self-loathing...or maybe she was rejected by Falkner at some point.

by Anonymousreply 8612/30/2012

Burrell's show is unwatchable. "look at me, I'm so smart", she talks to the garbage and uses gobs of salt in most of her dishes Yukkk!

by Anonymousreply 8712/31/2012

Reply #83-- no way, I can't believe the amount of people who think AF is gay. I think people mistake her being just nice to everyone as flirting? She has a weirdly alluring, mysterious vibe to her though that makes you wonder....

by Anonymousreply 8812/31/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!