Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Scott

Why isn't he a huge star? He is close to perfect.

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2012 10:04 AM

He has a strange hairline and blinks too much, but he is stunningly handsome.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2012 3:34 AM

The EJ James Scott?

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2012 3:39 AM

He would have been great on DYNASTY or FALCON CREST but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2012 4:53 AM

Ahh, he's a soap star. No wonder I didn't have a clue who he was.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2012 5:26 AM

God, he's gorgeous.

The excessive blinking thing does get to be annoying at times, however.

I often wonder if the blinking is because he's not wearing his contacts/glasses and he can't see well. Or maybe the bright studio lights are bothering him

And yes, the hairline is weird too.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2012 5:49 AM

Saw him at a fundraiser last week. Taller and thinner than I would have guessed.

When we left, he was flirting with some cougar in a dark corner of the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2012 6:07 AM

Blinker.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2012 6:24 AM

Are they reading cue cards at DOOL? That could explain the blinking.

It's also funny watching James and Aliison Sweeney as he is so much taller.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2012 6:55 AM

Don't think much of him.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2012 12:14 PM

Bland.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2012 12:41 PM

He speaks through clenched teeth like he is constipated.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2012 12:56 PM

I thought the blinking was some sort of performance behavior but then I noticed in many personal pictures that he wears glasses so it the blinking might be due to contacts.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2012 3:36 PM

Asshole of the highest order at a DOOL convention a few years back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2012 3:40 PM

"He is close to perfect"

I agree. But at age 33 that window of opportunity is closing fast on a film/primetime tv career. But I think I saw a youtube interview where he states satisfaction with his level of celebrity and not being under it's white hot glare. The focus will also intensify on who he is sleeping with...

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2012 3:47 PM

He is perfection that is for sure

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2012 3:48 PM

These James Scott threads re-appear from time to time. It is at these times I feel the need to proclaim that James is an ass and not well loved. He is also lazy and not very talented. Therefore, not more famous.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2012 4:04 PM

I wish I hadn't read that,r13. Puts James in a whole new light. Just hope he was having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2012 4:05 PM

People with a thin upper lip tend to be Republicans and ill-mannered assholes.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2012 4:31 PM

Gorgeous man. HORRIBLE actor. The only reason he is still on Days is because of his incredible good looks. He is very fortunate to have the career he has given his lack of talent.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2012 4:39 PM

I have no doubt he's an asshole, but the story at R13's link is incomprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2012 5:24 PM

Is he the one who teased Michael E Knight on AMC, driving Knight crazy with lust, just so that he could get an in with the queen bee on the set?

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2012 5:38 PM

What I got out of that post was that James was rude, kind of dismissive but totally over the whole over the top fan reaction and fighting between all these silly named groups. I LOVE soaps always have, but I've also always been embarrassed by all the groups that form around popular characters or couples (which is fine) but then go about bickering and fighting and sniping at each other AS IF they were fighting over real people. I do get what he was trying to say, but he did express it rather crudely and inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2012 5:39 PM

Kind of makes him cooler to me. LOL

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2012 5:56 PM

Imagine the pissy mood you'd be in if you had to sit before a herd of flabby fraus sporting "Team Ejami" tee shirts.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2012 5:57 PM

I agree, r20. I could not follow that at all. Some have said he is not too talented but that should not hold anyone back in today's popular culture. Why couldn't he be a Bachelor or Dance with Stars or something? He seems so low profile for someone who looks like that.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2012 6:05 PM

[r25] It's not just the lack of talent. He doesn't even try. He thinks he can coast. He thinks he can manipulate himself into jobs. There are more than a few who are gorgeous and not talented, but, at the very least, they pretend to be nice and actually try to get work by looking for ita and auditioning. As long as DOOL will have him he's fine. Other than that ... I hope he's saving up.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2012 7:40 PM

R25, if DAYS was an ABC soap he would absolutely have been on DWTS by now and Bruno would be creaming under the desk to the point he couldn't stand up and scream "You're HOT, MR. SCOTT!"

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2012 8:01 PM

R26 - you say he thinks he can cost, as if he's trying to pull something over on someone. But he's been fairly upfront it sounds like on saying that's he's FINE coasting. He's not trying to trick someone - he's just found something he can do and get paid for and he's doing it. If he doesn't want to audition for other stuff, why is that a problem? There are millions of people who are content in there jobs - they COULD do other stuff, they COULD attempt to find other work - but they are happy where they are, doing what they do, making enough to do what makes them happy. There's no sin in that.

And that whole "They pretend to be nice" - that doesn't mean they are nice, THEY are the ones who would be pulling something over on you.

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2012 8:03 PM

He is a nudist by the way.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2012 8:04 PM

[r28] That's one way to look at it. OR you can accept James for the stuck up asshole that he is. Whatever gets you through it.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2012 8:12 PM

He's skinny and not attractive to me. He'd do well to become a character actor since he's not a hunk by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2012 9:05 PM

r31, what is your idea of a "hunk"? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2012 9:09 PM

Saw him at a vegan restaurant in Studio City about a year ago. He was much paler in person without all of the makeup. He was wearing a baseball cap and with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2012 9:11 PM

There are no vegan restaurants in Studio City, r33. What an easy lie to uncover.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2012 9:21 PM

Are you just being a dick R34? Please see link.

I'd tell you to have the Jungle Noodles but you're too much of a dick with whom to share good recommendations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2012 9:28 PM

Ladies, R35, R35-simmah dahn now!

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2012 9:50 PM

[r32] FYI the term "hunk" way back when meant a man who was beefy and sexy at the same time, e.g. Joe Manganiello or Chris Meloni. James is way too thin and male model like to be considered a hunk in the classic sense, although he is quite handsome. BUT like everything else in pop culture nomenclature it has become watered down and so over used that it has lost its impact.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2012 10:03 PM

I was just teasing you, r33. Sorry about that. I did appreciate the sighting tidbit.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2012 10:08 PM

British goodness...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2012 3:25 AM

He's gorgeous, but has a serious cuecard dependency. (His first day at AMC was dreadful.)

Those people at fan events are demented fraus…her rant should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

For a straight man, he has incendiary chemistry with Chandler Massey's Will.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2012 3:34 AM

I knew him several years back. He is an ass and loves to fuck with people. It was not out of the ordinary for him to come up with elaborate lies just to see how long he could get you to believe them. He doesn't blink like that in person. He has a thing for older women, but usually just bangs them on the side rather then date them.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2012 3:40 AM

R21 Yes - and it led to him being fired, too.

He had MEK in tears. REALLY believed James had feelings for him.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2012 3:53 AM

I cannot figure out whether r21 is being real or not.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2012 3:58 AM

Scott didn't lose his AMC job due to anything related to MEK.

Scott was fired because Thorston Kaye threw a fit about his character being the father to an adult son (Scott). What Thorston wanted he got .

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2012 4:54 AM

Scott wasn't fired because of Kaye. He was fired for being unprofessional. He did fuck with certain costars he shouldn't have fucked with but what did him in was pissing off management. That's who has the power to shitcan you. Costars certainly don't and neither Knight nor Kaye had that power. Scott spread the story it was Kaye but that wasn't true and was just an effort to save face as well as retaliate against Kaye for replacing him as love interest for the most popular leading lady on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2012 8:36 AM

I will confirm r41's post. Scott made up whoppers to get attention and sympathy. He's a strange person.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2012 8:43 AM

I love the shape of his head-very ethnic looking. Great to look down on while he's blowing you.

So he realy is straight,then?

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2012 9:34 AM

Here is James back in March getting some award in Austria at the Orange Filmball(!)

His sister is his date:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2012 9:41 AM

More James-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2012 9:47 AM

On the beach with his dogs,Eva and Soba:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2012 9:55 AM

Mental note: Find hot cougar that's fucked James and has photos.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2012 2:45 PM

He's too pretty. And watching him try to act is torture.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2012 2:56 PM

He should just lay back and relax. Take a load off….

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2012 3:03 PM

Apparently James gets his hot body from working out with this guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2012 3:15 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2012 12:29 AM

He looks gross in that pic, R50. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2012 8:09 AM

R13, I don't get it. What did he do at the gathering?

by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2012 8:23 AM

Scott used Knight's feelings for him to get a place to stay close to the studio rent-free. He told Michael that he had a brain tumor. Thorsten did not have the kind of clout to have anyone fired. He isn't Susan Lucci ~ not to mention that he wouldn't. Thorsten did not like him. That is true. But there are a long line of James Scott haters.

by Anonymousreply 58May 29, 2012 7:44 PM

BTW [r44] Thorsten himself was forced out when they moved out to Los Angeles. He wanted to write his own exit and they wouldn't let him. What you think you know is simply not true.

by Anonymousreply 59May 29, 2012 7:46 PM

R45, you sure he doesn't have that kind of power?

by Anonymousreply 60May 29, 2012 8:55 PM

Yes. [r60]

by Anonymousreply 61May 29, 2012 10:08 PM

Then why was I out of a job?

by Anonymousreply 62May 29, 2012 11:39 PM

r57,

The simple truth: James unprofessionally let himself get dragged into a nasty fanbase war at a fan event and reacted by flipping someone off as a joke or wrote something against the other coupling during a signing to try to make his own fans happy and the opposing fanbase that hated his character and coupling flipped their shit over it.

I am a fan of his, but I fully admit he seems like a weirdo and it would actually amuse me if some of his stories were made up. His nudist story to the soap mags is case in point. I think his malaria in Madagascar story was legit though.

Once upon a time I thought he might make a good James Bond down the road, but his looks have changed a lot since he turned 30 and I think he's too wirey for that.

Whether he is a good actor or not, he can turn on his charisma when he wants in a way that is very appealing for me.

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2012 4:17 AM

thump

by Anonymousreply 64June 22, 2012 9:25 PM

bump for a beautiful man. Too bad Henry Willson isn't around.

by Anonymousreply 65June 22, 2012 9:28 PM

Did you watch today's episode of DOOL,r65? That forming fitting black jersey looked smashing on James!

by Anonymousreply 66June 22, 2012 9:51 PM

This guy doesn't seem like anyone to give a second thought to one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 67June 22, 2012 9:59 PM

UM...BECAUSE HE HAS NO TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

by Anonymousreply 68June 22, 2012 10:25 PM

he's still gorgeous to look at,r68,anda lack of talent never hurt anyone before

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2012 10:31 PM

He mumbles when he speaks, and he needs to project louder. James is not a great actor, but he is dreamy!

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2012 10:40 PM

James Scott talking about the Will/EJ chemistry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2012 9:43 PM

If not for James and Eileen Davidson, this show would be as good as cancelled. Thank GOD for them.

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2012 1:32 AM

According to a very old issue of a soap magazine, James didn't get along with many od his AMC co-workers as well as the co-workers on DAYS. I am a fan of his but he doesn't sound like a very good person. For example:When asked about the rape scene he did on DAYS, he offended many rape victims as this is exactly what he said: I am tired of talking about it and if I had the choice to re-write it, I would have Sami offer the sex in exchange for saving Lucas' life. I'll fuck you if you save Lucas, I mean i'll have sex with you. Then the interviewer thought it was hilarious how he dropped the F-bomb and shows that he is down to earth. WTF, here is the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2012 10:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!