Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Eric Holder and Weapons Laws

I keep seeing people posting a poll on FB which states

"Attorney General Holder says, "WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO POSSESS GUNS"

As I recall, he is very much in favor of gun restrictions, but I don't think he actually said those words. I can't find links to anything he's said that remotely resembles that.

The gun nuts are in a fury again, thinking that the Attorney General wants to remove the 2nd Amendment.

It's scary that the gun nuts are always so 'trigger happy' and so unwilling to fact check.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 3308/07/2013

The Right Wing uses once again fear tacticts to rile the stupid masses up.

Say goodbye to your guns, y'all. We don't have any real proof, but say goodbye to them anyway. How does that make you feel having to say goodbye to your guns? Mad? GOOD! Now go and kick some damn liberals in the head.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 105/24/2012

[quote]Oh, please. Mr. Holder has a long history of discrimination against self-defense,

What's your evidence for that assertion?

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 307/07/2012

There is NEVER any evidence. It's all about the fear factor for the NRA to rage HUGE amounts of money. I have six firearms and have no fear anyone's going to take them away.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 407/10/2012

There are such an insanely high number of guns already in the hands of the American people right now, immediately eliminating all gun sales would do very little, until the existing guns started to rust from old age, in about 100 years from now.

Any government attempt to seize existing American firearms would start a second US Revolution.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 507/10/2012

Trust me they wont rust! and by the time they are "worn out" we will not have this issue!

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 607/15/2012

The right wing has been pushing this notion that Obama is out to take their guns away... when nothing could be further from the truth.

Obama has instead been twisting arms to take gun control off the table as an issue.

Obama is manifestly NOT out to take away anyone's guns for any reason at all.

But you'll never convince any right-wing gun-nut of that.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 707/15/2012

When you understand how the NRA types think, you then understand why so many Gays are arming and joining groups like Pink Pistols in genuinely needed self defense.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 807/15/2012

Gun Nuts are the biggest liars on the planet

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1008/01/2012

What a bunch of lies. The Brady people give Obama straight F's on gun control.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1108/01/2012

The latest right wing pretzel logic is that the government is LETTING the gun massacres happen so the PEOPLE will want gun control. Nefarious!

Also, the "Fast and Furious" operation (which, despite the Repubs' attention to it WILL NOT take off as a scandal) was designed to fail so the public will demand more gun control.

Rachel Maddow did a report on this latest conspiracy theory recently.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1208/01/2012

Gun nuts are fucking crazy. Seriously, they are mentally ill. A lot of people are strongly for and against a lot of things. A lot of those people's opinions change when those thing happen to them or someone they know. Gun nuts opinions NEVER change. Someone could shoot up their child's classroom and kill their child and they would still be a gun nut who thinks everyone should have guns and any type of gun restriction or law is the end of the world

An example is a person who thinks pitt bulls are fabulous around babies and young kids. When their kid gets bitten or killed, they change their opinion pretty darn quick. Not gun nuts. Gun nuts are clinically insane. Their minds will NEVER change. And that's insanity

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1308/01/2012

R2 is an unhinged wing nut.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1408/01/2012

[quote]Gun Nuts are the biggest liars on the planet

What exactly is a gun nut? I'm a gay man, liberal perhaps too liberal sometimes. I also own a Ruger 9mm that I keep in my house for personal protection. I'm not a CCW person, gun never leaves my house unless I'm going to the range to practice. I carry it unloaded an in the trunk when I do this.

I certainly don't want my right to legally own my gun taken away, so I do donate a few bucks every year to the NRA. It's never been more than 50 a year.

Do most of you consider me a "gun nut"?

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1508/01/2012

No R15. A gun nut is someone who is against any type of regulations for guns. They're against gun registration. They are against laws prohibiting felons and the mentally ill from owning guns. They're against any common sense measures when it comes to guns. They are completely unreasonable. And they're fucking paranoid and think the government - the liberal government is sitting around plotting to have the military storm their homes and take away their guns.

No one is trying to take away anyone's right to own a gun. They aren't. But why is it wrong to have people legally register their guns? Why is it wrong for the government to want to account for where guns are in this country? Why do people have to have arsenals of high powered weapons?

I know they all say it's their basic right to privacy to own a gun and keep it secret from the govt, but they are the same people who want to take away a woman's right to choose. They are usually also against equal rights and want to prevent gay marriage.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1608/02/2012

"Gun nuts" as you so quaintly call them, are NOT against prohibiting felons and mentally ill from owning guns. The Constitutional right to bear arms is for citizens to be able to protect themselves against the government, should it ever prove necessary. That's what the Revolutionary War showed us. That's why we don't want to register our guns. That's fundamentally against the 2nd Amendment. Back in the days of the Revolution, people's fireams were on par with the government's. That's how come we were able to hold our own against Britain (barely). Today, the US Military has much more powerful weapons. In order to defend ourselves against them, we would need high powered weapons. Although I don't own any myself, I am supportive of the right, because I know why the law was made. I think gun owners fall on both sides of the fence on gay marriage (I am not in favor of it, but I know many "gun nuts" who are ok with it), but most are against abortion, because they know that the woman's right to choose automatically takes away the baby's right to choose.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1708/14/2012

[quote] a universal right that predates secular government, a right that is creator sourced

[quote] The Constitutional right to bear arms is for citizens to be able to protect themselves against the government

[quote] I think gun owners fall on both sides of the fence on gay marriage (I am not in favor of it

[quote] most are against abortion, because they know that the woman's right to choose automatically takes away the baby's right to choose.

The right-wing fundie freaks are out in full force today on DL. Didn't someone tell them this is a gay board?

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that a large percentage of people on DL are idiots who stumble onto DL through a Google search and have no idea what kind of a site this really is.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1808/14/2012

[quote] The Constitutional right to bear arms is for citizens to be able to protect themselves against the government, should it ever prove necessary

The gun nuts always say this (it fits in with their whole "Obama is a Muslim who hates America" mindset) but what kind of scenario do they envision? In what kind of situation do they think we will need guns to protect ourselves against the government? Do they think Obama and Biden are going to start going door to door, terrorizing people and raping young children? Do they envision hand to hand combat with Nancy Pelosi? Do they think Debbie Wasserman Schultz is going to ride through town on a horse, shooting at pedestrians? In what kind of world do they imagine it will be necessary to start killing government leaders rather than protesting or voting against them?

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 1908/14/2012

So each time the military gets more powerful weapons, civilians should also be able to get bigger weapons to defend themselves?

In these post-apocalyptic scenarios, is America the only country left? Don't you think if the military for some reason started using it's best weaponry against its own citizens that another country would somehow intervene?

All these gun nuts think they're Rambo. If a bunch of queens bought some guns and started shooting politicians who have said things like "kill all gays", the biggest gun lovers would start to rethink some of their views.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2008/14/2012

[quote] Back in the days of the Revolution, people's fireams were on par with the government's. That's how come we were able to hold our own against Britain (barely). Today, the US Military has much more powerful weapons. In order to defend ourselves against them, we would need high powered weapons.

So if the military has nukes or biological weapons, I should have the right to keep nukes and biological weapons in the closet of my apartment? Every citizen should possess an arsenal on par with the military's?

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2108/14/2012

I would think Australian gun laws would be an example of what government can do and is able to do with the general populations existing guns.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2208/22/2012

We cannot bend the law every time something happens that is a tragedy. Either we allow guns or not. After 43 yrs of carryig a gun, I can say with some athority, that the "normal" citizen" is not going to go on a killing spree because he has a licensed handgun. If anything we are much more aware of what we can do and walk away from anything other than a direct attack with life threatining consequenses. Having had a "home invasion" I am speaking from experiense, not guessing. I also thwarted 2 carjacking attempts from armed men in my many years of driving expensive sports cars. No one was shot, but they would have been had they continued in the manner intended.It's the person not the weapon that is dangerous. If you take away law abiding citizens guns, the criminal element will forever be in your debt.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2309/17/2012

The left wing idiots think that the gun shoots by itself, then the baseball bat hits the ball by itself. Just how dumb can you get to think I am giving up my guns as long as I have breath in my body I will hold on to them. Want to try and take them. I have to warn you I hold several metals in shape shooting so come dumb idiot lock and load. ready on the firing line.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2409/18/2012

We may now have our guns, and for now we do have the right to use them if necessary but guns are no threat to a government owned fleet of armed drones circling every neighborhood in America. Why would the government care about our guns when they have all the fire power in the world?

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2511/25/2012

Guns are to protect people from Tyrants, there is no such thing as a tyrant to liberals.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2601/08/2013

r26, stop bumping dead threads!

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2701/08/2013

If your not on the left and liberal your some kind of nut. What a burden to be so right all the time, Excuse me, so left all the time.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2801/26/2013

[quote]They are against laws prohibiting felons and the mentally ill from owning guns

The mentally ill? What qualifies one for that label? This has always been the dumbest assertion. You can't keep guns from the mentally ill.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 2901/26/2013

I think Hitler, Stalin, Mau, and Lenin all agree with you, gun control works. They disarmed their people, then systematically killed those who opposed them. How many Jews would be alive today if Hitler didn't disarm Germans and the Jews had a means to defends themselves? Chicago disarmed, and crime skyrocketed. During the Assault Weapons ban, guess what? Crime again skyrocketed. How do you not see this? Our Forefathers fought England for less that what our Muslim in Chief is doing. Idiots

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 3008/07/2013

r30 flunked history and has been reeducated by the NRA.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 3108/07/2013

R31 is drunk on Obama-flavored Kool-Aide.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 3208/07/2013

Going back to an earlier topic: I've seen more than enough evidence of the inherent mental illness of gun nuts on this thread. I mean, jeeeeezus.

by Shoot First, Fact Check Laterreply 3308/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.