Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Where's Alex Pettyfer?

All the stars of Magic Mike are promoting the film but him.

Did he burn his last bridge in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 10812/05/2012

He is not well liked in the industry and frankly his name recognition isn't great and what the public knows and associates with him isn't good.

Much better to have Tatum, Bomer, Joe M etc do most of the PR. What I don't understand is why he was cast in the first place, there are plenty of better options.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2012

Actually, he is doing promotion for Magic Mike. He's doing a press junket next week.

by Anonymousreply 205/24/2012

Wasn't most of his scenes cut out?

by Anonymousreply 305/24/2012

Didn't he insist that he did any promo solo? So that might be a problem, but that's only if it is true. It's hard to tell from all the rumors, but apparently he is a real diva.

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2012

After it was revealed that he was dating (and maybe engaged to) Riley Keough (Elvis's granddaugther), his love interest in Magic Mike, I thought they would play up the showmance, but to my surprise she's dropped off the radar too. She wasn't even in the US trailer.

Kind of curious.

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2012

He is a very very bad actor. Sometimes a pretty face isn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2012

He has a tattoo above his dick that says 'Thank YOU'.

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2012

[quote]He has a tattoo above his dick that says 'Thank YOU'.

My GAWD, how rude! No wonder people are pissed off at him. That's very arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2012

Pic of tattoo:

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2012

That doesn't say "Thank you"! It looks like gibberish!

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2012

Holy crap, he's fug.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2012

It actually says Alex in Katana. My God, the people who post here are stuuuuuupid. And no, most of his scenes weren't cut. If that were the case there wouldn't be anything left of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2012

He's an egomaniac and and is hated in Hollywood

He's quoted VMan saying it's there in case he forgets to say it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2012

[quote]Wasn't most of his scenes cut out?

Oh, DEAR...

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2012

I thought Alex was very good in "I Am Number 4"..a very pretty guy, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 1505/25/2012

I agree, r15. I like him; he is a young guy trying to make his way in a perilous and seductive industry. I say give him some time to develop.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2012

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1706/06/2012

As this article in GQ (of all places) says, he blew it in Hollywood (after he filmed Magic Mike, one would assume):

[quote] Example of an overvalued commodity: Alex Pettyfer, the guy from I Am Number Four. A year ago, any stylist would have agreed to dress him. He was on magazine covers and dated starlets. Then he was on too many magazine covers. Then he failed to follow up with plum roles, acquired a reputation as "overhyped," started calling Hollywood a "shithole" in interviews, and now elicits a one-word reaction from people like Ilaria: "Oof."

by Anonymousreply 1806/07/2012

Yeah, it probably didn't help that Dianna Agron (whom he dated after they made "I Am Number Four") accused him of being a psycho...

by Anonymousreply 1906/07/2012

Actually, R19, she's never said much about him at all. His public actions following their break-up were what nailed his coffin shut in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2006/07/2012

I don't remember Agron ever commenting on the relationship either. I thought she kind of avoided discussing it or was at least very vague about it as I recall, but what actions are you referring to r20?

by Anonymousreply 2106/07/2012

Yup R20. She kept relatively mum, almost like she was scared of him.

Pettyfer was physically removed from the Soho House in Weho and kicked out permanently for trying to beat the crap out of Sebastian Stan, who was rumored to be Agron's new boyfriend.

He followed that up with all those terrible interviews and his agents wanted to fire him for being such a giant pain in the ass.

IIRC he was up for the role of either Peta or Gale in The Hunger Games at one point but no one on the production wants to work with him and they didn't cast him (I don't even know if he even got a real audition).

by Anonymousreply 2206/07/2012

Alex was considered washed up when Soderbergh cast him in "Magic Mike", and many people were surprised that he was being given a second chance. At the time he had had some of the worst PR for a young star in recent memory, including a very high profile article in The Hollywood Reporter that painted him as unprofessional and possibly unstable. So "Magic Mike" was going to be his comeback film and last chance at the Hollywood career.

And he's blowing it.

by Anonymousreply 2306/07/2012

I too noticed that Matt Bomer, Channing Tatum, Matthew M, and Joe M seem to be doing all the press together and NEVER mention Alex. It's clear that those four all bonded on some level and Alex wasn't a part of that.

And Agron didn't talk about their relationship. All the rumors at the time however suggested that he was either emotionally or physically abusive towards her.

by Anonymousreply 2406/07/2012

R24, at the moment it's only Channing, Matthew M and Joe who seem to be promoting the film. Matt has also gone suddenly quiet about the film unless he's asked about it when doing interviews

by Anonymousreply 2506/07/2012

White Collar Principal Photography 03/06/12 - 08/28/12

by Anonymousreply 2706/07/2012

R24 Joe and Matt Bomer went to college together and are VERY longtime friends and supporters of each others careers (both of which are doing very well)

Matthew M. knows the game and to roll with the promotion. And Channing is quickly becoming A-list, and smart. He makes sure to get producing credits on all the films he's in. He has brilliant management.

Pettyfer is the odd man out with nothing to offer.

If you're going into the junket what could you ask him? Joe, about True Blood. Matt about White Collar, Matthew about his family and naked bongos. Channing about becoming the hottest commodity in Hollywood these days (and the story is based on his real life experiences).

Pettyfer is a petulant diva. No wonder they don't want him spending 2 days talking to reporters in junkets.

by Anonymousreply 2806/07/2012

From imdb, a Pettyfer quote: "L.A. is growing on me a little bit, but it's still a shit-hole. I think it's this insidious pool where nearly everyone lives in fear. Geographically it's fantastic: in a half hour, you can be on the beach in one direction, go snowboarding in another, or go out into the desert. But socially it's disgusting. I wish they'd just run all the cunts out."

by Anonymousreply 2906/07/2012

Alex is dating Riley Keough (Elvis's granddaughter) who is also his love interest in the film, so that would have been something to talk about during press junkets.

The fact that she's disappeared as well is curious, since this was going to be her big breakout role as well. I remember when Pettyfer hooked up with Aragon, he became very controlling of her, and had her dump her agents and management and switch over to HIS representation. So maybe he's doing the same thing with Riley, and has convinced her not to promote the film because he doesn't want to.

by Anonymousreply 3006/07/2012

People here talking trash about Pettyfer include OP are oddly Matt Bomer fangurls from Bomer's fan thread. What are they thinking? Deranged. Totally.

by Anonymousreply 3106/07/2012

R23 [quote] So "Magic Mike" was going to be his comeback film and last chance at the Hollywood career. And he's blowing it.

How about Hunger games sequel he was offered a role? Obviously, Pettyfer isn't looking for something like "last chances".

by Anonymousreply 3206/07/2012

[quote]How about Hunger games sequel he was offered a role? Obviously, Pettyfer isn't looking for something like "last chances".

Alex wasn't "offered" the role of Peeta, he auditioned for it and was one of the two finalists, but it went to Josh Hutcherson. Around the time that Hunger Games was casting, rumors of his terrible behavior began to circulate in the press (see Hollywood Reporter article below) and probably contributed to his losing the role (the THR article is from earlier Feb and Hutcherson was cast a month later).

by Anonymousreply 3306/07/2012

R33 I think the racing drama Dreamworks was developing for him was "Rush", which eventually went to Chris Hemsworth as the lead. It's in production now.

by Anonymousreply 3406/07/2012

Regardless of his bad reputation, I'd do him any time~~~

by Anonymousreply 3506/07/2012

ooohh somebody has a crush [R34]

by Anonymousreply 3606/07/2012

He really needs to get these moles checked out.

by Anonymousreply 3706/07/2012

He's a sexy psycho and that just makes him even hotter.

by Anonymousreply 3806/07/2012

R33 I'm talking about the sequel, not about last year. lol.

Pettyfer is currently offered a role as Finnick for the sequel and this story is from last month.

by Anonymousreply 3906/07/2012

Pettyfer hasn't been offered Finnick. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 4006/07/2012

No one has been offered the role of Finnick. That's the biggest casting issue of the 2nd film. The producers are still looking over people and having actors screentest for the role.

by Anonymousreply 4106/07/2012

I hear this name all the time here yet I have no clue what he's been in or what he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 4206/07/2012

He was conspicuously absent from the EW cover story and photo shoot for MAGIC MIKE several weeks back - it was Tatum, McBongo, Bomer & Big Joe, and Soderberg interviewed.

Alex wasn't even mentioned by any of them in the interview. I wonder if Soderberg has cut his role down to bare minimum in the film itself...

by Anonymousreply 4306/08/2012

Why isnt Adam doing any press either ?

by Anonymousreply 4406/08/2012

I wonder if Adam isn't doing press b/c of producers unconscious racism.

I know Matt Bomar is filming White Collar but he along with Rodriguez are hardly in the trailer. He because of the gay issue and Rodriguez b/c he's a man of color. Some weird shadyness is going on there or seems to be going on.

by Anonymousreply 4506/08/2012

Wow, R45. You are way off base.

by Anonymousreply 4606/08/2012

r45

Nah. They didn't even want Bomer or Manganiello to do any press but there was such an uproar from fans and media alike that they were ommited from the original trailer that the dickwads at Warner B had to scale down daddy's little girl's role (Cody) and push the male stars.

Remember the first time the poster came out? It just had Tatum name on it. Now where is that poster? And can anyone remember the first trailer?

This has to be the greatest turnaround in modern history of marketing films I have ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 4706/09/2012

He's fucking hot. Wouldn't it be hot to watch these two eat each other's butts out?

by Anonymousreply 4806/09/2012

Hmm I agree with the naivety of this thread and it does smell of Bomer fangurls. Anyway it smells of fangurls!

I mean can we get a serious convo here please?

Like how in the hell did Simon Halls superstar PR not control the sh*t that was coming out about Pettyfer? And is no one suspicious that Argon and Pettyfer were both on Slate PR but yet those 'anonymous' comments were allowed to be slipped about Alex?

And I'm still trying to rack my brain around this guy. ALL these relationships were obvious showmances, please hooking up with your co-star is PR 101 how silly fan gurls still fall for this I don't know but I don't get why he takes them so seriously!!? Is he insane? Like the co-star girls are always so bewildered by his intensity. Isn't Argon a lesbian?

Anyway, I didn't find the V Man article a big deal. He was only being honest and I agree with him!

by Anonymousreply 4906/09/2012

Is Argon really a lesbian?

I just read that she's dating the 'paranormal' movies director

by Anonymousreply 5006/09/2012

R49 is the girl from the Bomer thread who has this obsession with making everything about fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 5106/09/2012

Alex cast in "The Butler" from Lee Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 5206/18/2012

Why was Pettyfer cast in this? Why is he considered a leading candidate for Finnick?

I can think of about thirty hotter, better actors roughly his age who haven't been box office poison or have an awful reputation.

by Anonymousreply 5306/22/2012

Alex participated in the Magic Mike press junket yesterday.

I'm going to guess the reason he all of a sudden just appeared is because he's been in rehab.

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2012

I thought he was surprisingly good in the role of the small town girl with a heart of golf.

by Anonymousreply 5506/29/2012

Golf, R55?

by Anonymousreply 5606/30/2012

lol...Gold...

by Anonymousreply 5706/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 5806/30/2012

interesting

by Anonymousreply 5906/30/2012

I saw the movie and he's a big puddle of nothing. Slack body, no discernible acting ability, and certainly no dancing skills. Why he would have been chosen as one of the movie's stars is a mystery.

And Elvis' granddaughter Riley Keough is a blink and you'll miss her non-entity. Certainly not the great beauty I was led to believe she was.

by Anonymousreply 6006/30/2012

[quote]I wonder if Adam isn't doing press b/c of producers unconscious racism.

He was my partner's favorite part of the movie. Wasn't impressed a bit by Joe, Matt, Alex, or Channing.

by Anonymousreply 6106/30/2012

I think Alex Pettfyer was on one of the late-night shows a few days ago and said that he went to a strip club to research his role for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 6207/01/2012

d

by Anonymousreply 6307/01/2012

The movie starts out being about Adams character but then it just felt like Soderbergh got bored with him and he's not even given a real resolution by the end. I can see Adam being upset with how the finished product turned out, but he stil should have promoted it, it's still probably the best role he's had in his short career.

by Anonymousreply 6407/01/2012

You meant Alex Pettyfer, right, not Adam Rodriguez?

by Anonymousreply 6507/01/2012

Pettyfer's character just fades away in the film, yet he has more screen time than anyone but Channing Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 6607/01/2012

Here is an article about an alleged feud between Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer during filming.

We kind of had made this deduction, already.

by Anonymousreply 6707/02/2012

This will make for a *very* awkward and tense press junket for the film in the U.K. Good to see Channing Tatum not taking shit from this little...don't want to repeat myself.

I wonder if there's a story behind Pettyfer's pettiness? He's got an *awful* lot of anger/entitlement issues for a non-stage trained British actor. He's also outclassed and outacted by contemporaries such as Aaron Johnson and John Boyega. he needs to check himself very soon, or he'll be an extra in "Coronation Street".

by Anonymousreply 6807/02/2012

Channing is known to be the nicest guy to work with. It was reported that SNL loved working with Channing Tatum. Alex Pettyfer must be a real pain in the ass to work with. Alex may end up being a flash in the pan, if he keeps that up.

by Anonymousreply 6907/02/2012

Do Alex's anger issues occur because of his repressed sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 7007/03/2012

Or it could not be true.

by Anonymousreply 7107/03/2012

Alex has been acting since he was a pre-teen.

He started out on British television and even showed his ass and balls on one program when he was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 7207/03/2012

I don't consider Channing much of an actor, but he's relentlessly nice. It's hard to begrudge someone so kind a little bit of fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 7307/03/2012

Ah, maybe, R71. Maybe they invented something based on the same observations we all made : Alex P. was not in most of the promotions, wasn't much mentionned by his co-stars, has already a bad reputation.

That said, if I can imagine well Channing Tatum not taking sh*t form the little upstart, I'm not sure he would take part in "shouting matches". If Alex P. is rejected, I suppose Soderbergh or people from the studio have more power and legetimity to do it than an actor, even if he happens to be a producer as well.

But then again, what do I know? I'd be curious to learn more about this rumor.

by Anonymousreply 7407/03/2012

I just saw him OP, turning the corner. If you run you might catch him!

by Anonymousreply 7507/04/2012

The interest in Pettyfer is inexplicable to me. There are so many guys who are better looking, have better bodies and who have more acting talent.

Like the rest of the cast of Magic Mike, to name a few.

Well, maybe not the guy who played Tarzan.

by Anonymousreply 7607/04/2012

Producers like Soderbergh would answer R76 why they picked him out of "better looking, better bodies and have more acting talent" bunch. He's only 22 and his next project seems quite interesting. Obviously, he still has many offers from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7707/04/2012

I think Soderbergh's answer (with truth serum) would be that Pettyfer has a powerful agent and/or the studio wanted him.

And a part like this is particularly susceptible to that. It's not like Soderbergh or Tatum are watching hours of ABC Family/CW, etc. to know who is good.

by Anonymousreply 7807/04/2012

R78 Magic Mike was made independently and was financed entirely by Tatum, Soderbergh and McConaughey. They had no pressure from outside sources on whom they should cast. And I imagine most agents would not have been going to the mat to get their clients cast, since the actors were being paid scale and thus no big payday for the tenpercenterary.

Soderbergh could have cast anyone he wanted, but I suspect he chose Alex because he was tring to be edgy, like with the casting of the martial artist as the lead in his previous film Haywire. If Alex was a nightmare on set, it's entirely Soderbergh's fault for casting someone with such a bad professional reputation.

by Anonymousreply 7907/04/2012

We really do not know that Alex was a nightmare on the set. If he was, it may have been exactly what Soderbergh wanted to shake things up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 8007/04/2012

Yeah, Cody Horn and Riley Keough were cast due to Soderbergh's artistic vision and had nothing to do with their pedigrees. We had Matt Bomer, Adam Rodriguez, and Joe Maginello (granted not HUGE stars) in glorified cameos and I'm supposed to believe agents didn't go to the mat to work with Soderbergh.

And we're just supposed to think it's a coincidence that Pettyfer got this part when Hollywood's been trying to ram him down our throats for a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 8107/04/2012

[quote]And we're just supposed to think it's a coincidence that Pettyfer got this part when Hollywood's been trying to ram him down our throats for a couple of years.

"Ram him down our throats"? Seriously? He's had two lead roles to date, one of them in a low-budget (by Hollywood standards) teen-geared film. Both flopped. I have no idea why Soderbergh hired him, but I would assume it's because he's a pretty good actor. (Btw it is completely fucking ridiculous to argue that nepotism alone is the reason so many Hollywood kids get jobs. Many of them have real talent; cases in point, the Coppola, Douglas, Barrymore and Sheen families.)

by Anonymousreply 8207/04/2012

Of course, some people who are related to stars/exec are talented. But let's not act like even "indie" films like this one are cast on merit alone.

And yes, if at 22, you have two flops under your belt. And are getting more chances in quasi-lead roles you are being rammed down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 8307/04/2012

I know someone who had a friend on the crew of "Magic Mike", and she reported back to me before any of this rumor about Alex that he kept to himself on the set, hanging out mainly with Riley Keough, but nothing at all about "rows".

She said he seemed quiet and reserved, and the only other cast member he seemed to really get on with was Matt Bomer (who he knew from working together on "In Time", and via Simon Halls), and that he didn't really seem to bond with the rest of the group (who apparently really did all get on very well, as has been reported), but again, no reports of fireworks or shouting matches. Of course, this could have gone on elsewhere, but it wasn't something being talked about among the crew, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 8407/04/2012

[quote]the only other cast member he seemed to really get on with was Matt Bomer (who he knew from working together on "In Time", and via Simon Halls)

Hmmm. That's suspicious if only because Bomer was only in two scenes of that film, so his shooting time couldn't have taken more than a week. He's also a married "family man" 12 or 13 years older than Alex, even if he doesn't look his age.

by Anonymousreply 8507/04/2012

Tatum owned the idea, co-wrote the script and controlled the movie. He pitched it to Soderbergh who signed on, asked for a re-write of the script, and who ended up asking to split the cost with Tatum (who was prepared to underwrite the whole thing). He and Tatum split 3.5 million each. But contractually Tatum produced, and approved everything that went on. Soderbergh obviously felt he wouldn't be undercut or second guessed by Tatum but there's no one in the movie, and nothing in the movie Tatum didn't approve.

It was a fast shoot, with less of a crew and longer days than usual and more stress. Pettyfer who needed to prove something may have let the pressure get to him. I understand a scene that puts a 'button' on his story arc was dropped from the final cut. But even if Tatum wanted that, Soderbergh would have had to agree and it may have been for time, rather than spite.

by Anonymousreply 8607/04/2012

Thank you for stepping in to make sure you post the required doubt regarding gossip posted here, R85. DL wouldn't be DL without some cunt who thinks he knows better.

They all spent plenty of time together rehearsing the dancing, filming the club scenes, and also when they went to do location filming in Tampa. A number of the cast (including Channing) have said they all used to spend time on set even when they weren't filming to support one another when filming their dance numbers. That's the time she was referring to. As I said, there could have been shouting matches at other times when she wasn't on set, but that's not what she saw or reported on.

And what the hell has Matt's age got to do with him being friends with Alex? She didn't say they were fucking. And Matt and Alex are friends: there was video from the premiere where they met and Alex looked genuinely pleased to see Matt and they hugged hello, if you must have independently verifable 'evidence'. *eye roll*

by Anonymousreply 8707/04/2012

He's very Miley and has strange skin. What's his skin color, precisely?

by Anonymousreply 8807/07/2012

I meant "moley" not "Miley".

by Anonymousreply 8907/07/2012

Alex was cast because

-they could afford to hire him with their small budget

-he was willing to strip

-he had some buzz

-he convinced Tatum and Soderbergh he's not an asshole

by Anonymousreply 9007/08/2012

yellow, r88! yellow!

by Anonymousreply 9107/08/2012

[quote]he convinced Tatum and Soderbergh he's not an asshole

According to the US Weekly article on the other thread, Tatum DOES think Pettyfer is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9207/08/2012

Yeah that was after they made the movie though r92.

by Anonymousreply 9307/08/2012

R91, what's this about "yellow", and why the exclamation points?

by Anonymousreply 9407/08/2012

I just saw this movie which is absolute shit. Also, everything Pettyfer said about LA is completely true. It is a shithole filled with creepy people.

Alex is very sexy but comes off as a complete blank slate in this film: no personality, nothing. A total non-entity. I don't know if that's just him or if that was his vision of the character. But, weird.

I also found this moving utterly lacking in sexual heat. There is nothing hot, sexy or appealing about it.

by Anonymousreply 9507/08/2012

After all the hype here on DL, my partner and I went to see Magic Mike last night - and omg ...

what a piece of crap. Worst movie I've seen in years. Horrible acting. Insipid script. Terrible film-making. OK, Tatum is hot to look at, but can't act to save his life. McConaughey was embarrassing, I actually cringed when he was on screen.

We were surrounded by overweight latino girls (twenty-somethings) who giggled the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 9607/08/2012

[quote]McConaughey was embarrassing

Why is he in this film anyway? He's too old. It should just have been young guys.

by Anonymousreply 9707/08/2012

I have it on good authority that young Mr. Pettyfer was last spotted scurrying betwixt Gropecunt Lane and Tickle Cock Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 9807/10/2012

Up.

by Anonymousreply 9907/11/2012

Look quickly! He just scurried past.

by Anonymousreply 10008/05/2012

Alex was sexy in Magic Mike.

He should do more movies showing his body.

by Anonymousreply 10108/15/2012

I think Alex Pettyfer is sexy

by Anonymousreply 10208/15/2012

I could Alex (and the Tarzan character) the least sexy in the movie. Total waste of space. And unattractive in my book (needed to shower, shave, and get a haircut).

I imagine he was cast because he is popular among the teen girls and was cheap.

I'll certainly not go out of my way to see him in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 10308/15/2012

I saw the film again last week at the Castro in SF. Didn't care much for Alex first time around, but liked him much more this time. Nice ass and his character was probably more in line with what real male stripper are like.

by Anonymousreply 10408/15/2012

I saw Alex in some dude's car in Hollywood last weekend.

He looked pretty good.

Seemed full of himself, though. Even in the 8 seconds I saw of him.

by Anonymousreply 10508/15/2012

"he is popular among the teen girls and was cheap."

Is he really?

by Anonymousreply 10609/23/2012

people are so rude -_- .... n i dont think his statements were wrong the movies he has done so far are wonderful h im sure he will make a place in hollywood who can say no to such a handsome , sexy, seductive guy :D

by Anonymousreply 10710/29/2012

He's still missing.

Happy holidays, AP. Wherever you are.

by Anonymousreply 10812/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.