Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Schadenfreude, Thy Name is Datalounge

Post your stories.

A complete douche at my office lost the person at the office who was propping him up. Yesterday, I heard that his wife has kicked him out. He really has lost everything.

by Anonymousreply 7302/06/2014

The bottom I've been chasing at the gym whom I thought was a great catch (and unattainable for me) lives off his mom and doesn't have a real job. He's also closeted in the "real" world. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 105/19/2012

Someone who had some very lucrative and much-needed work to give me bailed and made some bullshit excuse through a third party.

She just got shitcanned from her job even though they allowed her to resign people will know she was about to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 205/19/2012

Asshole boss from my ad agency got fired and then divorced, moved back to Arkansas and tried to get his old newspaper job back, was rejected and is now writing a blog. Claims he's "retired" but has remarried a women who apparently doesn't mind supporting his lazy ass.

by Anonymousreply 305/19/2012

Very first business partner and ex-friend - made my life a living hell when the business took off. After a couple of years, I couldn't take it any longer and walked out. The business has since gone bely-up, she lost two houses to foreclosure, started drinking too heavily...blah-blah-blah. Her life's a fucking mess and she's fresh put of friends.

Who says karma doesn't exist?

by Anonymousreply 405/19/2012

One never celebrates openly. It can always come back the other way.

But very fun to enjoy in private.

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2012

My ex-boss, who I became involved with briefly turned out to be very mean and nasty and it ended badly, got sent to prison for 20 years for attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 605/19/2012

That should be "fresh OUT of friends".

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2012

This is instant karma. My girlfriend, who constantly accused me of looking at other girls, kept tabs on me at work and basically never let me have a moment of peace, cheated on me with a man. So I shut her out completely. She wouldn't admit to cheating, kept telling me I was crazy, blah blah. She finally ends up leaving me a message on my answering machine. So sorry, I screwed up, yes I cheated. She ended up getting fired from her job for cussing out her boss. Then one of my friends called. She said "you want some good news? Your ex's boyfriend just got hauled away by the police for embezzlement". This all happened in about 3 months time, and I laughed my ass off. Now they have a baby, shitty jobs, and he won't marry her. Schadenfreude baby.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2012

My brother's new wife has a 20-y.o. daughter.

Bitch is pretty, smart, friendly, has lots of friends and a great family (on her mom's side, I mean, not mine; my family sucks ass). She literally had several potential employers fighting over her last week, offering her a pick of fatastic, well-paying jobs. She also just got a gorgeous new apartment for a great price; plus, just as she was moving in, the landlord was tossing away stuff from another tenant who skipped out, so the bitch just got a $3k treadmill and a 46" flat-screen tv FOR FREE.

Her toddler son, however, is *excruciatingly* ugly. People are shocked when they meet him, that's how damn ugly he is.

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2012

Damn, R6. Whom did s/he try to kill?

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2012

r6, that sounds more like "dodged a bullet" (perhaps literally) than schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 1105/19/2012

R9, to clarify: is it the 20-year-old daughter who has a toddler? I'd call that white trash, personally. If it's the mom's kid, I'd have to question the rather substantial age difference between 20 and toddlerhood, which - again - makes one suspect white-trash roots (e.g. she was a babymama in her teens).

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2012

A few years ago, I entered into a limited joint venture partnership with a friend/colleague. We did well together, but then I found out she was secretly contacting and winning business with my clients. When I confronted her, she hemmed and hawed and said my clients had initiated contact with her. That was bullshit, and it ended the partnership as well as the friendship.

Recently, I crossed paths with one of the old clients she and I had worked with. He asked if I still worked with her and I said no. He went on to tell me that they would never want to work with her again, because the quality of her work was slipping and she always wanted to fight with them over money.

I got to learn the dirt on my former partner, and this client wound up hiring me.

I can't ever say this publicly, but I can say it in here: Nice to know that others finally see what I saw -- that you're a greedy bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1405/19/2012

Knew this asshole A-gay muscle bear couple. Both were obsessed with money and status. One was a hedge fund manager, the other did jackshit. They would peacock around Ptown-where they owned a house and a liquor store-wearing matching outfits, convinced they were the two hottest men on earth. Can't tell u the number of horrible things they said about all of their "friends." And then I found out they sabotaged my hooking up with a mutual friend whom I had a crush on, because I didn't make enough money and wasn't muscle-y enough ( they lied to the guy and said I was sexually compulsive and a headcase).

Did I mention they were both Republicans?

Anyway, in one year the guy's hedgefund imploded, their house went into foreclosure, they brokeup and the kept one spiraled into alcoholism, ending up in a 12-step program. He's a waiter now in Ptown. Which is no big deal - but very poetic given the airs this guy used to have.

by Anonymousreply 1505/19/2012

About 10 years ago, one of my friends - who'd been a friend since high school - came to visit me and I introduced him to the guy I was dating. My friend stole him - literally within 24 hours - and then shut me out of both of their lives.

I've been getting "I'm sorry" Christmas cards for the last few years and the last one had a picture. My ex is so fat now he'd block out the sun if he went outside.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. I'm having some fabulously chilled chocolate mousse right now. (Low calorie, of course!)

by Anonymousreply 1605/19/2012

[quote] Knew this asshole A-gay muscle bear couple. Both were obsessed with money and status.

You've just described most muscle bears, period. It's even worse than mainstream gay culture. It's fat, hairy high school.

by Anonymousreply 1705/19/2012

[quote][R9], to clarify: is it the 20-year-old daughter who has a toddler?

Yes, it's the the 20-y.o. who has the toddler, and who also has everything on earth going for her, the lucky skank.

Oh, she did split up with the babydaddy, too. But now she's got a new bf who's better in every way, anyway!

by Anonymousreply 1805/19/2012

Well, I honestly don't feel happy about this but the word karma came into my mind...

Someone I used to know in high school became a FB friend. It turns out she is a right winger and has some nasty ass friends (I got into it with one of her friends over OWS on FB).

She recently posted a message asking people if they know of any work. Her job is about to end and she is willing to relocate for a new job.

I hope she doesn't need unemployment checks because it just burns her when people get a hand out. I also hope she will still have health insurance because she doesn't want health insurance reform.

by Anonymousreply 1905/19/2012

Miserable, evil, cheap bitch of an ex supervisor would tell people calling for an in-house reference that I was a high maintenance faggot and please take me off her hands when I was really doing half her job for her.

She retired and had chest pains but did not want to call 911 because of any possible cost, called a friend instead who dropped her off at the emergency room curb. Friend came back from parking the car to find her dead self on the curb where she was dropped off. Never revived.

Left like a bag of garbage on the curb.

by Anonymousreply 2005/19/2012

r20 - Even if she was a miserable bitch, there's something seriously wrong with you for exulting over her death because she was a bad boss.

by Anonymousreply 2105/19/2012

Once upon a time you dressed so fine you threw the bums a time in your prime didn't you?

People used to look and saw beware doll you're bound to fall you thought they were all kidding you

You used to talk about everybody who was hanging out now you don't _____ (?) so fine? now you don't (look?) so fine

About having to be scrounging for your next meal

Tell me, how does it feel?

(etc.) (oh, and to some extent: happened to me.)

by Anonymousreply 2205/19/2012

R15, not to get off topic, but how did this "bear" culture get to be? Isn't just a way to make fat and unkempt acceptable?

Why does fat and unkempt ask for and deserve a subculture?

You know, fat and unkempt is out of style for lesbians, and god knows it harder for women to stay fit. But no one except fat apologists and aiming for a fat, lesbian subculture.

by Anonymousreply 2305/19/2012

R21 you must be new here…..

by Anonymousreply 2405/19/2012

R23 - muscle bears are quite different than your regular bears.

Muscle bears are not fat, and they're hardly unkempt. They tweeze and shave and are perfectly posed.

They are plastic as all hell.

PS - fuck you, asshole, for being so hateful.

by Anonymousreply 2505/19/2012

This is a bit off topic, but not.

We had this really aggressive woman in our department of mostly male ITs. She used to slip in anti-gay snarks at me, since I was the only out and proud homo. This was 1998.

One day we were having a district meeting via teleconference. There were 13 of us in the main office and 21 other people in 8 different parts of the country. As we waited for all the locations to call in, I had the coffee pot and I refilled cups. This woman made some reference to Hazel and TOLD me to fill her coffee cup. She had a nasty tone to her voice.

As I filled her cup, I mused aloud that I thought I could make a lady out of her in about 6 months. She shot back, "you mean like you?" Without missing a beat I said, "well honey, let's get you walking upright before we go shooting for Mount Olympus." The people in the office went silent, but the people on the speakerphone erupted in laughter. Then so did the people in our office. Well, except for the bitch I just squashed. She never spoke to me again unless she had to, and ended up leaving the company 3 months later.

by Anonymousreply 2605/19/2012

When I found put Ryan was doing business online, I cut him out of my tv show. Now he can't feed his daughter! Hahaha!!!

by Anonymousreply 2705/19/2012

[quote]They would peacock around Ptown-where they owned a house and a liquor store-wearing matching outfits, convinced they were the two hottest men on earth.

Matching outfits? I've never seen this except for mama & daughter aprons at little girls' tea parties, & toddler twins.

by Anonymousreply 2805/19/2012

My ex was transitioning from female to male. I was very unhappy with this because I didn't work so hard to come out as a lesbian only to end up with a man. But whatever. I sucked it up and did the whole supportive partner thing because I loved her. And I'm using female pronouns in this post because she's never transitioned and lives as a female. So, no offense to the trans community.

Anyway. Money was needed for the chest surgery (removal of breasts)and since I was working and she wasn't I forked $12,000 over to her which she was supposed to give to the surgeon. Then we broke up a week later. The transgender thing was only the tip of the iceberg of our problems. She swore up and down she'd contact the doctor to get back the money.

Weeks went by. No fucking money. I called the surgeon myself. They'd never seen the check. When I nailed her on it she lied for hours then finally admitted she'd given MY hard earned $12,000 to her previous ex so the ex could buy a house and in exchange the ex would take her in and support her. And probably suck her fake dick every night. But whatever. This arrangement lasted exactly six days and the ex kicked her out. Beat her up. Threw all her crap out a second story window. She ended up homeless and lost all her possessions. No one would take her in she'd burned so many bridges. Last I heard she was living in an abandoned RV somewhere in Maine. No heat. No running water. A shit can. Her bitch-ex got my money and, I suppose, the last laugh but I've got a nice, new home of my own now and I'm living well and happy. She lost her last friend and the best thing that ever happened to her when she fucked me over.

by Anonymousreply 2905/19/2012

R29 is the winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Let's review this sad tale, shall we?

Lesbians, fake tit removal lie,twelve grand, plastic dick, clothes out the window, dirty RV livin.'

This is the Greatest Story Ever told!

by Anonymousreply 3005/19/2012

Hilarious story, R26. Wish I could cut people dead like that, but I'm not sassy or confrontational enough. Alas.

I work with tons of nutty, cruel, nasty bitches--nurses & support staff mostly--but karma always gets them in the end, although the process takes too long. These idiots never remember there are cameras everywhere, recording their stealing meds & patient food/belongings, vicious or neglectful treatment of patients and sabotaging of colleagues. I do all that I can to get them out--reporting negligence/malfeasance, giving detailed interviews when called by management--and when one of these creeps are fired, it is sweet schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 3105/19/2012

R26, add me to the list of people laughing.

by Anonymousreply 3205/19/2012

R26, I remember you! You've told that story before and it's just as funny today!

(Although her retort "You mean like you?" was funny too)

by Anonymousreply 3305/19/2012

Karma is very real and very cruel when it does come back around.

Believe me.

by Anonymousreply 3405/19/2012

R29, don't you have any means to take these people to court to get your money back?

by Anonymousreply 3505/20/2012

These seem more like evidence for karma. True schadenfreude doesn't require the person experiencing misfortune to have been a dick to you.

by Anonymousreply 3605/20/2012

R29--What were you doing with such a loser?

by Anonymousreply 3705/20/2012

Nobody who has ever wronged me seems to ever suffer. At least not to my knowledge. "Karma" apparently doesn't give a shit about me, at least in terms of nailing those who fuck me over.

by Anonymousreply 3805/20/2012

r36 is right. Schadenfreude can be merely laughing at a stranger who falls in a mud puddle. I'm not sure if it's schadenfreude if you feel malice toward the person, or believe they deserve their misfortune.

by Anonymousreply 3905/20/2012

Thank you r24,now r21, she was such an evil cunt, she would camp out on your street if you called in sick and HR help you if you didn't AOPPEAR ill. She was racist as well. Smoked and drank like a stevedore. She was an abusive, malevolent, evil cunt of a cunt if a cunt ever cunted cunt.

I know she is buried in a neighboring state and I will find her grave just to piss on it.

I know scads of ex-employees who would make a bus trip for this.

It is my way of dealing with the PTSD accumulated over 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 4005/20/2012

I have enjoyed numerous people who made trouble for me unexpectedly having house fires months later in the middle of the night as the slept. Terrible losses, and burns aren't something you ever get over, really.

Such a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 4105/20/2012

R29 defines LESBIAN DRAMA.

by Anonymousreply 4205/20/2012

Of course it's Schadenfreude to feel pleasure at the misfortune of others you feel deserve it, or who have crossed you, just as it is to have "that feeling" when others suffer misfortune, great or small.

Don't overthink it. We're not talking about science. We're talking about the ghastly, satisfying tendency to pee ourselves with delight when someone else pees himself in shame.

by Anonymousreply 4305/20/2012

OP, if I hated you, my Schadenfreude would be that you work in an office and are detained by the petty politics thereof.

by Anonymousreply 4405/20/2012

R15, I loved reading your posting, having observed the debacle at close range, and having enjoyed every humiliating moment of it. But are you sure that they're Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 4605/21/2012

I thought it would be fun to bring this back from the dead. Post more stories.

by Anonymousreply 4709/27/2012

This isn't made up, and I'm not proud of it, but it happened:

My first partner had a car accident. I looked after him, but some brain injury became apparent. Among his erratic behaviors: he began an affair with a couple of guys, Terry and Wolfgang (yes, Wolfgang), and became convinced they were meant to be a threesome. Walked out on me during the holidays.

The threesome lasted about six weeks. They broke up with him and the couple moved out of town. (I didn't take him back.)

Three or four years later, I was downtown with a group of friends when someone tapped my shoulder; it was Wolfgang, back in town for whatever reason. "I know we're not friends," he said, "but I just thought you might want to know that Terry (his partner) died a few months ago."

Without thinking I said, "Well, one down and one to go. Anything else?"

That was more than 10 years ago. I know I should feel more shame over it than I do -- and I wouldn't repeat it today in the same situation -- but I've never tortured myself that I shouldn't have said it.

by Anonymousreply 4909/29/2012

The woman who used to terrorize everyone in the office with "why don't you have a husband/wife?"....got divorced!!

by Anonymousreply 5009/29/2012

R48's breasts are oozing.

by Anonymousreply 5109/29/2012

The was this complete arsehole who bullied me terribly at high school. One time he told me that he was going to be a famous rockstar and I'll be an unemployed fattie living at my mum's house.

20 years later, I have a great job and a nice apartment, and I go back to my home town to visit my brother. Lo and behold, I run into the bully - fat, bald, unemployed and living at his mum's place! Felt SOOOO good!

by Anonymousreply 5209/29/2012

interesting that most of these are bears and fish.

by Anonymousreply 5309/29/2012

Funny thread.

by Anonymousreply 5409/29/2012

I have a negative feeling about schadenfreuders based on when I was working. The company went bankrupt so those of us who were left had to take over some janitorial functions. So one day I tried to get some volunteers together to go empty the garbage and a big chunk of my co-workers refused to help and sat around sneering at those of us who did it. They were clearly having a schadenfreude moment, but I didn't make more money than they did, I certainly had worked harder than any of them, and while no Horatio Alger story, and while I was better educated, I frankly probably had no more opportunities than any of them. Nonetheless they took great delight that here was this bigshot who worked so hard and seemed so smart emptying the garbage. Their attitude was sleazy and despicable, and I had really had had no idea they resented me that much. It made me think that most people who feel "schadenfreude" over others are not in the least deserving of the pleasure since they are mostly narcissistic losers.

by Anonymousreply 5509/29/2012

[quote]So one day I tried to get some volunteers together to go empty the garbage

Of course you did. You're management! You're pissed that your "volunteers" wouldn't empty the garbage for you while you supervised.

by Anonymousreply 5609/29/2012

Bad things happen to bad people who feel guilty.

Bad things happen to good people who feel guilty anyway.

Good things happen to bad people who don't feel guilty.

Good things happen to good people who feel like they deserve good things happening to them.

by Anonymousreply 5709/29/2012

and libertarians are all monumental morons.

by Anonymousreply 5809/30/2012

Watching an ex-coworker have her husband leave her boring ass for another woman. Watching her rip him on FB and other accounts. Love being right and love that she's being shown she's not all that.

by Anonymousreply 5909/29/2013

I work with someone who's super-conservative and super-Christian, spends his lunch breaks and downtime reading the bible and typing up sermons for his church group. He once told a co-worker that she wasn't going to heaven because she's Catholic. He also said, loudly, that gay marriage will bring God's wrath and the country is doomed. Well, his wife left him for another woman. Took the kids, the furniture, and their savings. Waited until he was at work, and stealthily made her break. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 6009/29/2013

I wish I were that quick, R49.

by Anonymousreply 6109/29/2013

This old biddy who I used to work with got fired very publicly from her job. She was unemployed for about 2 years and then got another job and was just let go from that one, too. She always made nasty comments about me and would threaten us by saying "we're all replaceable." Yeah, I guess we are, you smelly old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6209/29/2013

A childhood neighbor who was always picking on people because they were adopted. She'd call them bad seeds. Found out her husband tried to burn the house down with her and her two autistic kids in it. The autism was from her side of the family and her husband was upset with his boys not being "little warriors". He was a fire chief and was always cheating on her because she was fat and lazy but she was the bread winner. He also poisoned her food and gaslighted her! Guess she should have adopted some kids, huh?

by Anonymousreply 6309/29/2013

Hollywood flops, box office poison, show cancellations... They brighten up my day.

by Anonymousreply 6401/27/2014

Same here, R64. The "Looking" flop is feeling me with glee.

by Anonymousreply 6501/27/2014

My ex has developed carbface.

by Anonymousreply 6601/28/2014

The Sochi Winter Olympics

by Anonymousreply 6702/05/2014

I wish I could give examples.

by Anonymousreply 6802/05/2014

Is there anything more hypocritical than progressives reveling in the misery of others?

by Anonymousreply 6902/05/2014

R65:[quote]The "Looking" flop is feeling me with glee.

Hope it's Rachel who's "feeling" you with "glee," you fucking cunt. Maybe she has some of Corey's special heroin left she can share with you--just a fatal dose would do.

Then I'd be "feeled" with schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 7002/05/2014

Surely this. We need a thread "Other notes from Wendi"

by Anonymousreply 7102/05/2014

My favorite is the fact that Anjelica has laid a curse on the Biphobia Troll and the Anti-Misogyny Troll, and eventually an unfortunate "eye meets rusty nail" mishap is apt to occur, if they don't stop attempting to take over the DL with their cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 7202/06/2014

The people who love to gossip about me always end up having tacky-ass yard sales. Always.

Always having to sell their used shit on the street. Having oddballs drive up to haggle over their stained clothing, and rusty appliances.

Sad, but schadenfreude-y for me.

by Anonymousreply 7302/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.