Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gray's Anatomy season finale

Seriously?

A plane crash...where everyone survives, but the plane is RIPPED apart over a large area, but there's no fire...

Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 8602/22/2013

Flyover thread.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2012

Okay, not EVERYONE survived...

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2012

So as not to piss anyone off with a "spoiler" for this tired show - what was the dead docs final words? Write to me???

by Anonymousreply 305/17/2012

It is too early for her to really die.

by Anonymousreply 405/17/2012

This episode is all about the makeup.

by Anonymousreply 605/17/2012

Show has jumped the shark. This should have been the last season. This finale is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2012

Who died ? Never watched the show but my sister the nurse loves it.

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2012

Lexi, Meredith Gray's little sister.

Three others aren't doing so well.

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2012

I thought they'd kill Arizona for sure.

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2012

They don't need Lexie anymore. Ellen P signed up for two more seasons and I'm sure they don't plan on the show lasting longer than that. Lexie was only around so there would be a title character if Ellen P ever did leave.

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2012

Nothing will ever equal the episode of ER when the helicopter fell off the roof and killed Dr. Romano. This of course was months or a year after another helicopter destroyed the surgeon's arm.

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2012

The show jumped the shark when they had that singing episode.

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2012

If only there were a way to speak to humans not actually with you!

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2012

Grey's Anatomy is still on the air? People still watch it?

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2012

Apparently.

by Anonymousreply 1705/18/2012

R13, wasn't the sad part that nobody missed him when he didn't show up for work?

by Anonymousreply 1805/18/2012

I wonder if part of Ellen's re-signing was tied to killing off the sister.

I always had the feeling they brought her because it would give them leverage over Pompeo, the Grey in Grey's Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 1905/18/2012

Lexie was more interesting and more attractive than Meredith.

by Anonymousreply 2005/18/2012

And a MUCH better actress.

by Anonymousreply 2105/18/2012

I did not even recognize Eric Dane or Meredith. Did both of them get so much plastic surgery and Botox the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 2205/18/2012

This show is ridiculous. Every season finale they have a big accident to kill off cast members. Is that place cursed or something? I don't like shows that randomly kill people for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 2305/18/2012

Is Arizona going to lose her leg?

by Anonymousreply 2405/18/2012

[quote]This show is ridiculous. Every season finale they have a big accident to kill off cast members. Is that place cursed or something? I don't like shows that randomly kill people for no reason.

The best lines of the night were from Dr. Cristina Yang running around the woods after the crash screaming "WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?!?" and the listing the litanny of disasters and death scenes, and ending with "If I get out of this, I'm getting as far away from that damn hospital as possible!"

by Anonymousreply 2505/18/2012

If a plane falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did anyone really die?

by Anonymousreply 2605/18/2012

My show did it every year and people loved it.

by Anonymousreply 2805/18/2012

R25, don't forget "Where's my shoe?" !!

by Anonymousreply 2905/18/2012

Meredith HOWLING in tears for five minutes was a master class in bad acting.

Cell phones make it implausible to have stories like this, where a disaster occurs and nobody knows for hours/days.

Even if NOBODY'S cell was working, all their friends etc would notice no calls. People call to announce each bowel movement nowadays

by Anonymousreply 3005/18/2012

I'm no Meredith fan, but I despise Lexie.

by Anonymousreply 3105/18/2012

The show is DNR.

by Anonymousreply 3205/18/2012

We'll see Lexie again next season in the very special "Ghosts of Seattle Grace" episode where we find out Kyle Chandler and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are gay ghost married.

by Anonymousreply 3305/18/2012

The actress playing Lexie was in a movie with her real-life brother, playing her boyfriend, and they french kissed.

by Anonymousreply 3405/18/2012

Arizona telling Mark to live and his, "ok," was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 3505/18/2012

They never showed to help with the surgery at the other hospital AND no one calls or alerts ANYONE??

I enjoy some parts of the show, but this was over the top.

Derek has now been shot AND been in a plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 3605/18/2012

At the end of the episode, someone calls Owen (?) and tells them the surgeons haven't arrived. I never liked this show but watched it in support of a black woman show creator, since there are so few of them. But now, the show is generic bloody crap. The only time I really liked it was when the homophobe was on there. I can't remember his name. The show was/is riddled with cliches and bad acting so I really hope they take it off life support soon.

by Anonymousreply 3705/18/2012

Isaiah Washington, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3805/18/2012

This show is as bad as any awful soap opera. I watched it a few times to see what the fuss was about and came away thinking anybody who likes this damn show must be a retard. EVERYBODY on it seems to be absolutely crazy, fucked up, a mess. Not one likeable character in the whole bunch. I especially loathed the fugly, overwrought nutcase Christina and the fugly, short, dumpy, abrasive Bailey. Both of them are crazy and ugly and both have them have hot guys lusting after them. This show sucks! It needs to die and SOON.

by Anonymousreply 3905/18/2012

Eric Dane looks like he is on meth, hardcore. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 4105/18/2012

R41 thought the same thing

by Anonymousreply 4205/18/2012

Is Eric Dane still getting high and having 3-ways with his wife and other chicks?

by Anonymousreply 4305/18/2012

nothing will ever top all the women who slept with George and would later sob: "That was the BIGGEST mistake of my LIFE! You are my BEST FRIEND!!"

They never say that after a romp with McCreamy now, do they?

by Anonymousreply 4405/19/2012

Eric Dane dyed the gray out of his hair around the time that he assumed temporary duties as Chief. I guess he's sticking with that look now.

It's a shame that Kim Raver is off the show. There are definitely other characters that they could cut instead of her.

by Anonymousreply 4505/19/2012

I thought Kim Raver made the big speech that she would never leave.

by Anonymousreply 4605/19/2012

[quote]Eric Dane dyed the gray out of his hair around the time that he assumed temporary duties as Chief. I guess he's sticking with that look now.

It's not just his hair. His whole facial structure is different. I seriously thought it was a new cast member.

by Anonymousreply 4705/19/2012

R46, EW magazine has a brief story about some things Shonda Rhimes said and/or tweeted. It's not very clear as to whether Raver said she wanted off the show, or if the producers sat her down and told her they weren't going to renew new contract.

It would be interesting to hear Kim's side of the story now. Maybe she has another job lined up and wanted out.

by Anonymousreply 4805/20/2012

So Christina stays to become head of cardio thoracic. If they didn't kill Arizona, how do they keep Alex as a character? And why won't Meredith & Derek move to Boston?

by Anonymousreply 4905/20/2012

Supposedly either Chyler Leigh or or Kim Raver fucked a higher profile actor on the show, assumed to be Dempsey, once and for the last two years he's been spreading vicious lies about her to anyone who will listen, saying he'd stop only if she fucked him again, and the producers refused to do anything about it but suggested that she leave as a solution to the tension.

by Anonymousreply 5005/20/2012

Interesting, R50. I saw the same BI, and alt.gossip.celebrities said it was about Grace Park on Hawaii-5-0. It fits Grey's better, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 5105/20/2012

We start next season finding that both Arizona and Mark didn't make it through the night. Karev and Jackson take there places. Christine stays to take Teddy's place. Derek can no longer operate so he has no reason to go to Boston. He (along with April) spends most of the season working through depression until finally getting a job back at Seattle Grace. Owen steps down and Bailey becomes Chief. Meredith replaces Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 5205/20/2012

Isn't that the oldest group of residents the world has ever seen? Even if it hadn't taken them eight years for a three or four year program?

by Anonymousreply 5305/20/2012

"their", not "there"

by Anonymousreply 5405/20/2012

Yeah, r53, isn't the actress who plays Meredith pushing 50?

by Anonymousreply 5505/20/2012

True, R56. It's an interesting reversal of the Adam Sandler-ish ugly guy ends up with gorgeous woman norm.

by Anonymousreply 5705/20/2012

I heard that the season opener will include a Moldavian massacre in the OR! Honest!

by Anonymousreply 5805/20/2012

R50 Gasp! I'd never heard that one before.

Dempsey was/is supposedly happily married.

by Anonymousreply 5905/20/2012

Did Sandra Oh get her name from her ONLY acting expression?

by Anonymousreply 6005/20/2012

What about the chick that failed her boards, had all offeres recinded, and even Seattle Grace doesn't want her? Is she off the show too?

And what about Owen's "best friend" that he fired? Is she off the show too?

Is this a MAJOR pruning?

Honestly, I don't see how the show survives after this...

by Anonymousreply 6105/20/2012

R61 - The best friend - Teddy - is off the show. She was written out along with Meredith's sister Lexie who was killed off.

The actress who plays April (who failed her boards) is pregnant, or was until recently…I think she'll be back but after a maternity leave. Same with the actress who plays Arizona, she's pregnant too.

by Anonymousreply 6205/20/2012

Jesus, is this show still on?

I gave up somewhere around season three or four.

by Anonymousreply 6305/20/2012

Why would Kim Raver leave the show now? Not that I really care. I'm just curious. I don't think she was having an affair with a cast member because she's married with two boys. Kim keeps her private life private.

by Anonymousreply 6405/21/2012

Oh dear God - please just kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 6505/21/2012

[quote]I don't think she was having an affair with a cast member because she's married with two boys.

You are too stupid to own a keyboard. Please have a caring friend come to wherever you are and conduct a mercy removal STAT.

by Anonymousreply 6605/21/2012

Step away from the computer r66.

by Anonymousreply 6705/21/2012

Wasn't there some stupid show where a plane crashed and Jane Wyman walked away without a bruise or hair out of place..not even her lipstick wasn't smeared but the plane was demolished and everyone else died a horrible death? What was that show?

by Anonymousreply 6805/21/2012

Falcon Crest, r68.

by Anonymousreply 6905/22/2012

I don't watch but my partner likes it. The most unattractive cast on TV. Yecch!

by Anonymousreply 7005/22/2012

ABC told Shonda to make some cuts. Eric Dane had gotten cut because he became a liability. Kim Raver didn't want to leave but Shonda told her that she might develop a show for her in the future. Oh well. It doesn't matter anyway because Grey's Anatomy doesn't have much longer.

by Anonymousreply 7109/30/2012

You Queens here never like anything. So it's not a surprise that you are bitching so hard about a damn TV show.

by Anonymousreply 7209/30/2012

Grey's Anatomy had big ratings on Thursday. I'm sure they're going to green light at least 2 more seasons.

Shonda seems to enjoy killing off her characters.

by Anonymousreply 7309/30/2012

Eric Dane looks like he has lost over 20 pounds (and not the way Arizona did).

It is clear why he was fired: drugs.

by Anonymousreply 7409/30/2012

Fraus watch this trash. Blame them.

by Anonymousreply 7509/30/2012

That actress who plays Meredith has always had such a strange-looking face. To me, it's always looked like it's...melting.

by Anonymousreply 7609/30/2012

What kind of a doctor would stab a severely wounded (paralyzed, actually) accident victim in the the thigh with a pen, to order to drive home that's he's paralyzed? The insane, cuckoo, nutjob, screeching, flailing, homely Sandra Oh character, that's who. She'll also very, VERY concerned about finding her lost shoe. It's of vast importance to her.

Yes, the only fans of this show must be middle-aged women who enjoy seeing ugly women (Meredith, Bailey, Christina) getting it on with hot guys; it must give them hope that someday a hot guy will fall in love with them, too.

by Anonymousreply 7709/30/2012

I will be glad when the show goes off the air.

by Anonymousreply 7809/30/2012

Me too, r78.

by Anonymousreply 7910/07/2012

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 8002/21/2013

Mad TV did a very funny parody of this show. It shows female doctors screaming at the men they're sleeping with while the entire hospital staff listens in. A short, fat, black female doctor with a loud voice is always screaming "y'all do your rounds! NOW! NOOOOOWWW!" A patient with no neck is waiting for her neck to be re-attached; her body is in bed changing the channel on tv and her head is on a tray nearby. And the Christina Yang characer is played by a guy who is the spitting image of Sandra Oh.

by Anonymousreply 8102/21/2013

One of the frauiest frau shows that ever fraued on frauTV.

by Anonymousreply 8202/21/2013

Is this show still a hit? I quit watching it about 4 seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 8302/21/2013

It' still a Top 10 or Top 15 show. I still watch it because I have a fundamental inability to stop watching a show once I take it on, despite the fact I loathe it.

by Anonymousreply 8402/21/2013

No, it's no longer Top 10 or 15. It's fallen, a lot. I think twenties or thirties is the highest it's been.

I kinda hope it gets cancelled. I used to like it but now it's just repetitive. And Shonda Rhimes has Scandal now, so ABC would be wise to let Grey's go to sleep and put Scandal on at 9/8.

by Anonymousreply 8502/22/2013

[quote] I think twenties or thirties is the highest it's been.

This season, since the premiere.

by Anonymousreply 8602/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.