Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Randall Woodfield, The I-5 Killer: serial killer and Playgirl centerfold

There was just an article on Randall Woodfield this weekend in the Oregonian. The so-called I-5 Killer (featured in the book of the same name by Ann Rule), he's always been overshadowed by the more famous Pacific NW serial killer from the same time Ted Bundy; but had Bundy not existed, Woodfield would probably be as infamous. A textbook psychopath, Woodfield was convicted of three murders: he is like responsible for eighteen (and has been accused of 44), and is also probably guilty of 60 sexual assaults. He is still in maximum security in Oregon.

He was a talented athlete and tried out for the Green Bay packers. A stunningly handsome man in his youth, he also posed for Playgirl, though I've never been able to find his centerfolds online. Does anyone know what name he posed under?

by Anonymousreply 2701/07/2015

never appeared in Playgirl, another example of bad journalism, now rampant.

Randall Woodfield, The I-5 Killer had a habit of sending pictures of himself (often naked) to women he had met. He decided to send a photo himself to Playgirl, and received the following reply: . Congratulations! You have been selected for possible publication in Playgirl’s Guy Next Door feature. Please return the enclosed model release and information sheet as soon as possible. Don’t be discouraged if you do not hear from us right away. We reconsider all submissions each month. Playgirl will notify you when we determine the issue for which you have been selected. . Randall began purchasing the monthly issues of Playgirl, looking for his picture. Fortunately for Playgirl, they did not publish a photo of him, because only a year later he was arrested for multiple murders and sexual assaults.

by Anonymousreply 105/15/2012

He's not a bad looking older man either, I bet he's popular in prison.

by Anonymousreply 205/15/2012

[quote]A stunningly handsome man in his youth

Ahhhh no.

by Anonymousreply 305/15/2012

I could see him being in the amateur corner in Playgirl. Kinda has a Piven-esque thing going on in his younger photo.

by Anonymousreply 405/15/2012

Plus, he didn't even appear on the Dating Game. So there are other serial killers ahead of him in the Hall Of Creepy Fame, besides Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 505/15/2012

If only he'd been accepted by Playgirl, all those lives might have been spared...

by Anonymousreply 705/15/2012

just watched the film,horrific...................

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2012

"stunningly handsome"?

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2012

He's the one on the right in that pic? WOOF.

by Anonymousreply 1109/04/2013

Wasn't he Diane Downs's penpal for awhile?

by Anonymousreply 1209/04/2013

yeah he is on the right. Yes he was Diane Down's penpal for a while. I've read some of the letters they are hysterical. Here he is younger. He first started getting in trouble when he was young. He started flashing his cock to women.

by Anonymousreply 1309/04/2013

Where did you read the letters, R13? Are they online somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2013

I'll cut you, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1810/19/2013

I was a penpal of Randalls for 3=4 yrs. and even took my terminally ill sons to visit him once. He was very nice to the family but he desperately wanted me to visit by myself so he could jack-off in front of me.He was nicely hung but I was just not interested.He played a lot of con games by trying to get me to send money to his sister and sent me and my sons up to visit his Mom and Dad at their home,We were welcomed with open arms and his mom had small gifts for the boys.His dad took intrest with my sons and we spent quite a lovely afternoon visiting with them.Randall related a story to me about a trip he had taken and it made chills go on my spine without his completeing the story. It happened in a southern town and I am not sure if another murder was created or not....would love to find out! He played games with me and a friend of mine and when I confronted him with his letters to her he became very angry with me and even gave my photos to some of the other inmates.He is a master at playing games and making people think he is innocent,once he thinks you care about him he begins to use you and tries to make a fool of you so he can say haha look at you

by Anonymousreply 1901/07/2015

Holy shit, wtf R19 !

by Anonymousreply 2001/07/2015

Tell us more, R19!

Very interesting!

by Anonymousreply 2101/07/2015

Mama's mussy is writhing like a slug on a grill!

Looks the same too, but I digress! More about this hot caged meat please.

by Anonymousreply 2201/07/2015

[quote]I was a penpal of Randalls for 3=4 yrs. and even took my terminally ill sons to visit him once.

by Anonymousreply 2301/07/2015

You had more than one terminally ill son at one time?

by Anonymousreply 2401/07/2015

He's fucking sexy as hell. He only killed women right?

by Anonymousreply 2501/07/2015

R19 you can shed light on a phenomena I've always been curious about: why, of all people, would you choose a serial killer as a penpal? Is it out of narcissism "well, he would never hurt ME"? Or low esteem?

by Anonymousreply 2601/07/2015

Ok, I'm not r19 but some of you people have a serious humor impairment.

by Anonymousreply 2701/07/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!