Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna's 2012 Income: Pop Star's Empire Poised To Earn $500 Million

Madonna isn't called a "Material Girl" for nothing. Here's a breakdown of what she's poised to pocket in 2012 -- it could be as much as $500 million in one year alone.

- $300 million from her MDNA World Tour. Live Nation announced $240 Million in ticket sales before a South American leg was added, which could earn an additional $40 million-plus. An Australian leg of the tour is being announced shortly.

- Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, who will have an even bigger spread of merchandise available at her upcoming shows.

- $60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

- Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff. The company has been hyping her tour with TV spots and has just released a special "Madonna" edition bottle of their vodka.

- The Queen of Pop is hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD worldwide rights for the broadcast of her upcoming tour.

- Retail experts say Madonna will earn $5 million in 2012 from her "Material Girl" clothing line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.

It's good to be Queen!

by Anonymousreply 43412/05/2013

Revenues are not income.

Revenues less expense are income.

She'll only clear a couple of hundred million.

by Anonymousreply 305/13/2012

Due to EXTREME lack of any serious competition.

by Anonymousreply 405/13/2012

It's Gross Revenue R3, and even after taxes, and other expenses she'll clear over $100 million. How much will your net income be this year?

by Anonymousreply 505/13/2012

'hoping'

by Anonymousreply 605/13/2012

Nostalgia sells.

by Anonymousreply 905/13/2012

The Queen of Flop

by Anonymousreply 1005/13/2012

This makes me ill. How much do you think goes to charity? Or the people who worked on this? She's known to be cheap. Which makes her old sex shtick even more disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1105/13/2012

OP = Madonna shiller. Take this shit to Star because the rest of us could give a rat's ass.

by Anonymousreply 1205/13/2012

After reading all these facts and figures, I now understand what the fanbots are saying. The album IS good!!!

by Anonymousreply 1305/13/2012

Madonna is still relying on her quality old songs to fill the concerts.

She needs to thank songwriters, Shep Pettibone and Jelly Bean Benitez for her longevity. These are the songs people really buy tickets to see her perform.

Any Autotuned bimbo could have had the same fame with such catchy songs as Vogue, Like a Virgin and Holiday. Madonna just got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1405/13/2012

As for charity, some may go to her Jewish cult or a well-publicized "gift" to Malawi. Unless Malawi has already banned her worthless ass.

by Anonymousreply 1505/13/2012

Are we supposed to give a shit about some old greedy bitch who makes tons of money yet donates hardly any to charity? This greedy old bitch had the nerve to ask people to donate money to build a $15 million school in Malawi. Please! This bitch has half a billion in her bank account and she can't take $15 million of her own money to build that school??? That's when I knew she was one of the most disgusting greedy assholes on earth.

Oh, and that school still hasn't been built because the old greedy bitch won't fork out the money on her own. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 1605/13/2012

Money won't blunt the ravages of age.

by Anonymousreply 1705/13/2012

Try sleeping on that money madonna because you will never be relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 1805/13/2012

All the money doesn't make her cd better, but can you all at least admit that she is still popular? What other female is bringing in that type of money based on music she did 10-30 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 1905/13/2012

[quote]but can you all at least admit that she is still popular?

She's still popular to eldergays, but she's certainly hasn't gained any new fans in years. The charts are proof of that. She's not popular with Generation Y.

by Anonymousreply 2105/13/2012

[quote]but can you all at least admit that she is still popular?

She is still "popular" because she is relentlessly trying to stay in the spotlight. If she retired now, no one would ever miss her. When she lived in England and was absent form the US media market, no one gave her a thought over here.

by Anonymousreply 2205/13/2012

Haters will hate.

by Anonymousreply 2305/13/2012

R23 Hi Vadge!

by Anonymousreply 2405/13/2012

Let's be real about fame in a commodity culture like ours.

Stars *sell* pieces of themselves to people. Endorsed, official pieces.

Young acts, niche acts, true MUSIC acts, only tend to have on offer the music itself. The download, the album, a concert ticket. Their fame-based earnings will be reflected in chart statistics and boxoffice grosses.

Rihanna makes in a year what Madonna makes in a few weeks because Madonna is pushing a fortune through cash registers and it's NOT 99 cent downloads she's selling. It's $9.99 for this, $49.99 that, $349.99 if you're splurging.

by Anonymousreply 2505/13/2012

Madonna took what she had as an underdog and managed to create her way into being the biggest female pop star of all time!!!

by Anonymousreply 2605/13/2012

LOL ..whatever are we supposed to care ???

by Anonymousreply 2705/13/2012

[quote]Madonna took what she had as an underdog

?????

She was a college-educated young woman from a very middle-class family.

Some "underdog."

by Anonymousreply 2805/13/2012

She doesn't pay my bills, so who the fuck cares what this old hag's earning?

by Anonymousreply 2905/13/2012

Madonna is not still popular. If she were popular, he music would sell. She's a nostalgia act. This $500 million is a guesswork, and she pays for the tour. She is not making $500 million. Her movie bombed, her singles bombed, her album bombed, and her tour is not selling, regardless of what the CEO (who couldn't even get how many countries her album debuted at #1 in), of Live Nation says. Forbes has told the truth. Madonna is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3005/13/2012

[quote]Rihanna makes in a year what Madonna makes in a few weeks because Madonna is pushing a fortune through cash registers and it's NOT 99 cent downloads she's selling. It's $9.99 for this, $49.99 that, $349.99 if you're splurging.

Madonna sold her album for $5.99 and gave it away with tour tickets and her perfume. She cheated. She even gave the single away.

Madonna wishes she could make what Rihanna makes. Madonna's money goes to Live Nation, who already cut her a check back in 2007. They own her brand, which is why she's opening gyms.

They're already cancelling dates for Madonna's tour. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga can't keep up with the demand. They're having to add more dates. Her tickets sold out in minutes. Meanwhile, Madonna's tickets have been sitting around for months. Don't forget that a huge portion of Madonna's tickets are bought up by legal scalpers.

The debate's over and silly. Madonna's a has-been. She's basically Cher. Madonna's fans can try to manipulate facts, but the end result is always going to remain the same. Europe turned its back on Madonna too. That's how much trouble she's in.

by Anonymousreply 3105/13/2012

Now do you understand why she keeps reinventing herself? It's better to be a billionaire than a millionaire. You gain more power and Madonna likes power and wealth.

I'm sure her daughter has no idea that girls on the western world don't grow up wearing designer clothes and having designer everything. She probably thinks only kids in the third world grow up designer-less.

by Anonymousreply 3205/13/2012

There is no money to be made selling music to teens today. They don't understand the concept of paying for music, they think it is free online to anyone, they are stealing it. So yeah Madonna makes money, she sells to a demographic who are used to paying for music, not stealing it.

by Anonymousreply 3305/13/2012

[quote]The debate's over and silly. Madonna's a has-been. She's basically Cher.

Maybe Vadge should do a residency in Las Vegas like Cher since Las Vegas is the place for nostalgia acts.

Oops - I forgot! That wouldn't work because Madonna can't even sell out the little 16,000 seat MGM Grand in Las Vegas, so even they don't care about her there!

by Anonymousreply 3405/13/2012

[quote]There is no money to be made selling music to teens today. They don't understand the concept of paying for music, they think it is free online to anyone, they are stealing it. So yeah Madonna makes money, she sells to a demographic who are used to paying for music, not stealing it.

Your excuse doesn't even make sense. If that's the case, why are Rhianna and Katy Perry's albums and singles selling like hotcakes, even though their demographic is teens?

Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 3505/13/2012

Idiot at R34, Cher didn't do a residency at the MGM Grand. She did TWO dates there. Madge could certainly pull that off as well.

by Anonymousreply 3605/13/2012

Regardless of

how much money she makes how many records she doesn't sell how many awards she wins how many tour dates sell out

People will continue to post articles and discuss her.

And for some reason, it's the haters that do this the most.

by Anonymousreply 3705/13/2012

But would you want to be her child, friend or a relative...you know she probably will leave you nothing in her will. After taking advantage of you all her life. She is not a kind person and the more needy you are, the more likely it is that she won't help you. I'm pretty sure the woman is simply mean.

by Anonymousreply 3805/13/2012

Actually do sound like a hater, even though I have enjoyed her music bur christ sake, I NEVER have heard one nice thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 3905/13/2012

Why aren't you queens screeching about Mick Jagger or any of the other has-been rockers a generation older than Madge who still keep touring and raking it in? Save your vitriol for those who really deserve it, like the fundy freaks and teabaggers.

by Anonymousreply 4005/13/2012

R 28... She barely went to college. I was talking about being an underdog with what little actual singing talent she had.. Being told she couldn't sing very well..

She went ahead anyway and did it... As an underdog and looks what happened...

by Anonymousreply 4105/13/2012

It's not fair! I'm almost broke and struggling and this bitch barely sings and make hundreds of millions of dollars

by Anonymousreply 4205/13/2012

"If that's the case, why are Rhianna and Katy Perry's albums and singles selling like hotcakes, even though their demographic is teens?"

I believe what he clearly said is that there is not a lot of money to be made selling music to people. He did not say they didn't move units.

When CD's were $16.98 and never on sale save for holidays, and CD singles were $3.49-4.99 and never on sale save for Mariah Mottola releases, AND a few hit songs would move 2-3 million albums and 3-5 million singles ... FUCK was there money to be made.

Michael and Madonna and Barbra and everyone else with a dinosaur deal from the 90's were making more money per unit sold than the units are now selling for.

A music career is just a launching pad for an endorsement career now.

The merh and adverts used to be side income.

by Anonymousreply 4305/13/2012

r19: how about Cher?

Celine Dion?

And as for male singers: Elton John? Paul McCartney? The Rolling Stones? U2?

They all make that kind of money because people love their old hits.

Madonna is still popular because of VOGUE and INTO THE GROOVE, not because of Celebration or Girl Gone Wild.

She IS a nostalgia act now.

by Anonymousreply 4405/13/2012

R44 Ironically, from what insiders have revealed from her tour rehearsals, there's hardly any old songs in her upcoming tour setlist. So you can bet there's going to be a lot of pissed casual fans.

by Anonymousreply 4505/13/2012

How much is Janet poised to earn in 2012? $100k from nutrisystems?

by Anonymousreply 4605/13/2012

Agreed, r45. But if they are stupid enough to pay dollar to see a tour called 'MDNA tour', then they deserve what they're getting (namely her shitty new songs).

Secondly, Madonna herself is NOT receiving 500 million dollars. The bigger part of that goes to Live Nation, obviously.

Madonna might get something like 80 or 100 million in the end. Unfortunately, this will allow her to shoot another half-dozen movies. Needless to say, she is not 'done' with film-making yet - get ready for more bombs at the box office, financed by this tour.

She's become such a tool, really.

by Anonymousreply 4705/13/2012

lol, r46.

Janbot got his ass handed to him with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4805/13/2012

yMadonna has been raked over the coals by critics and even her fans for her film career for nearly 30 years. When is she gonna get the big ass clue that she has zero talent behind or in front of the cameras? I think her only future in the entertainment industry IS a nostalgia act and possibly a reality show. Her best days are behind her music wise that is.

by Anonymousreply 4905/13/2012

[quote]How much is Janet poised to earn in 2012? $100k from nutrisystems?

You don't need to work when you've got a billionaire boyfriend.

Vadge on the other hand has to work to pay FOR her boytoys to stay with her old ugly ass, along with spending millions of dollars to make flop movies that leave her in the hole. Don't forget she also has to tithe the cult as well and pay for her Kaballah water and red strings. These things don't come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 5005/13/2012

"It's better to be a billionaire than a millionaire. You gain more power and Madonna likes power and wealth."

Yes, but deep down is she really a happy person truly content with her life? Power and wealth don't buy happiness. It's kind of sad that someone would put money and "Power" (whatever THAT means) above everything else.

I honestly can't imagine what her poor children have to deal with. Especially the two whom she never mentions anymore. You don't even see photographs of the poor kids.

As for the touring, I remember her spouting off many times during the RAY OF LIGHT era that she did not want to be fifty and playing arenas. She wanted to be retired from live performing by then.

So what happened?

by Anonymousreply 5105/13/2012

[quote]As for the touring, I remember her spouting off many times during the RAY OF LIGHT era that she did not want to be fifty and playing arenas. She wanted to be retired from live performing by then. So what happened?

I remember that! It was in that VH1 documentary she did with Rupert Everett and he asked her if she imagined herself performing pop songs at 50 like Mick Jagger and she shook her head as if it was ridiculous to even suggest that and said 'no'. Yet her she is at 54 pretending she's still in her 20's.

Amazing how things change, huh?

by Anonymousreply 5205/13/2012

Okrah said you always have the right to change your mind. Madge took the advice.

by Anonymousreply 5305/13/2012

It is shocking how such a high profile celebrity like Madonna is so unlikable. It is very difficult to generate any affection for her.

by Anonymousreply 5405/13/2012

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 5505/13/2012

[quote]Jealous, bitches?

Jealous of her bank account? Yes.

Jealous of her? Hell fucking no.

by Anonymousreply 5605/13/2012

Well, you know, Mick Jagger once said he couldn't imagine singing "Satisfaction" at 40. A lot of us say things when we're younger because we can't conceive of how fast time will fly.

As for the suggestion that "casual fans" will hate the show that is heavy with new material, I don't think Madonna has casual fans like that anymore. They started drifting away when she pandered to the tail-end baby boomer gays and the Gen X gays with the "Confessions" album. I think Madge was counting on subsequent generations of baby gays jumping on her bandwagon, but that has not, and will not happen.

She's painted herself into a corner, one in which her die-hard fans first and foremost praise her for "looking great!" and earning a lot of money. They ignore the decline in quality of the product she is selling, and her apparent lack of interest, because they prefer to somehow associate with her success as if it reflects on them in some way.

by Anonymousreply 5705/14/2012

Per Madonnas 2007 contract with Live Nation she qill receive 90 percent of her tour gross and 70 percent of merchandise sales. If the tour makes 300 million she would receive 270 million! Of course ta es and her managers salary also come into effect. Billboard. Onfirmed that tbe MDNA TOUR is on track to become the higheat grossing tour of the year in both the US and worldwide it will also be the years most attended ( tickets sold) deztroying Gagas tour. Her lazt tour the Sticky and Sweet tlur grossed a re ord breaking 408 million on just 85 shows while Gagas Monsted ball tour groased over 200 million on over 200 shows less than half of Queen Madonna with twi e as many shows. Any madonna fan knows that she only performs a handful of classics on her tours so I don't thi k that she's selling out for being a nostalgiic act she's selling out and making record breaking Money because she's Madonna and popular the world over and people still wanna see her. As for MDNA being a flop its currently the 5th biggest selli g album of the year so far worlwide with 1.2 million sold in just six weeks she has already outsols recent albums by other lengendary artists like Bruce Springsteen van halen ans paul mccartney so if madonnas album is a flop what's THEIR albums xlassified as? By my estimates Madonna herself will end up making between 250 and 300 million this year becore taxes and her managers fee she will once again break her own record for highwst annual earnings for a female musical performer and become the highest paid enterirtainer this year. She will also make more than nritney

by Anonymousreply 5805/14/2012

As I was sayin she will make more money than Britney Rihanna Katy and Gaga combined this year! As for the person who posted that Madonna wishes she had as much money as Rihanna that maybe the funniest statement I've heard my entire life! Madonna is verified by forbes and guinness as the richest female recording artist of all time with a net worth between 600 million and 1.1 billion dollars and that's before this years gross. Haters spreading false information need to deal with it or just shut up. Mado.na the biggest selling over 300 million albums sold and highest tour grossing and richest female artist of all time still going strong!

by Anonymousreply 5905/14/2012

I bet Guy Ritchie is kicking himself for divorcing her a few years too early.

by Anonymousreply 6005/14/2012

^^unhinged looney meltdown^^

by Anonymousreply 6205/14/2012

r47, and r61=same tired OLD queens whose diapers are in a bunch because they know they can't start another "FLOPDna" or whatever thread.

To suggest she's not relevant while banking half a billion (who gives a fuck if she herself only nets $200 million--dude, it's HALF A BILLION DOLLARS)

Hons, I hate to break your hip bones, but it's more than "fantards" who are gobbling up her merchandise.

She is a global icon.

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 6305/14/2012

Is r58/r59 mlop? She seems to be missing a few letters on her keyboard along with some marbles.

by Anonymousreply 6405/14/2012

I see the FlopDNA troll is back...and in a new thread!

Keep your meltdown going girl...

Seriously, I love the posts from "haters" who actually remember specific quotes from an 8-year-old interview. REALLY?

by Anonymousreply 6505/14/2012

The 'flop troll' IS the actual flop here. She's a closeted fan!

by Anonymousreply 6605/14/2012

First off per her live nation contract Madonna receives 90 percent of the profits for the tour. Rolling Stone said the tour is expected to gross about 500 million the show costs reportedly 100 million to produce. That's a 400 million profit for which Madonna will make 90% of you do the math! She also receives 70% of all merhansise sold which could be as much as 45 million extra in her pocket. MDNA will easily sell 2 million by years end it is still high on the Unites World Charts and the tour hasn't even begun yet. If MDNA is a floo than what are mccartney springsteens ans van halens album which Madonna already outsold I'm waiting?

by Anonymousreply 6705/14/2012

"To suggest she's not relevant while banking half a billion (who gives a fuck if she herself only nets $200 million--dude, it's HALF A BILLION DOLLARS)"

Can you explain how income = relevancy, r63? What I see are exorbitant prices, of COURSE that means high grosses.

by Anonymousreply 6805/14/2012

[quote]First off per her live nation contract Madonna receives 90 percent of the profits for the tour.

Do you really believe all the press releases that come from Vadge's camp? These are the same people who flat-out lie and say her tour is sold out when anyone can go on Ticketmaster and find plenty of dates available for almost every date. Stop being so naive.

by Anonymousreply 6905/14/2012

It's been an awfully long time since the FlopDNA Troll has chimed in. Don't tell me it's been Prime Time all day!

by Anonymousreply 7005/14/2012

The FlopDNA Troll is busy changing his husband Elton's diapers.

by Anonymousreply 7105/14/2012

A South American leg and an Australian leg...her legs certainly have to be spread far apart for her to make any money.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

by Anonymousreply 7205/14/2012

'MDNA will easily sell 2 million by years end'

No, it won't.

by Anonymousreply 7305/14/2012

I love r72!

by Anonymousreply 7405/14/2012

samo = Lourdes

by Anonymousreply 7505/14/2012

I believe Lourdes has a better grasp of the English language, though.

samo = Jesus, still on Madonna's payroll.

by Anonymousreply 7605/14/2012

It has sold over 12 million units worldwide. At least there's that!

by Anonymousreply 7805/14/2012

1.2 million units, r78.

And it won't even get to 1.3, since it is DOWN on every chart, EVERYWHERE.

There is no hit single advertising the album to casual pop fans.

It's a flop.

by Anonymousreply 7905/14/2012

R79, when adding up the global certifications at the bottom of this link (which doesn't include USA), I get 11.5 million.

I'm assuming that at least another million units worldwide have shipped outside of these certifications.

by Anonymousreply 8005/14/2012

r80, from the very link that you provided:

'but also achieved the largest second-week percentage sales drop for a number-one debuting album of the Nielsen SoundScan era'

'and the biggest second-week percentage drop for a number-one debuting album in the Nielsen SoundScan era, surpassing Lady Gaga's Born This Way (2011) with 84.28% sales decrease.[51][52]'

'In New Zealand, the album debuted at number three and becoming the highest debut peak of that week. However, the album descended at number thirty-seven, staying in the charts for three weeks. To date, this is Madonna's quick, but lowest studio album in that country.'

As for the UK:

'The album slipped to number seven in its second week and number 13 in its third week, making it the first Madonna studio album not to be in the top ten on its third week on the chart since 1984.'

Please be advised that she has sold 1.2 million copies so far, not 12 million (!). That has been well documented.

To get some perspective, please remember that Confessions on a Dance Floor (which came with a genuine hit single) sold 11 million copies, and Hard Candy (which was carried by '4 Minutes') shifted 4 million copies.

There is no way this album will even get to 1.5 million - it is currently at #65 in the US, and has probably sold something like 900 copies this week.

by Anonymousreply 8105/14/2012

I'm talking about WORLDWIDE units, R81.

Yes, I know it's doing poorly in the USA. My point is that it's shipped 11.5 million units worldwide, according to the worldwide certifications on the link I provided.

by Anonymousreply 8205/14/2012

Wrong, r82.

Worldwide sales are 1.2 million.

US sales: something like 500.000

The album did poorly OUTSIDE the US - which is very unusual for Madonna, usually it is the opposite for her. The reason? Superbowl isn't watched outside the US, but Superbowl was the only promotion this album received, in the absence of hit singles.

Secondly, one more time:

WORLDWIDE SALES for Hard Candy were 4 million; 11 million for Confessions, and 5 million for American Life.

WHY would you think that MDNA would even ship 12 million copies, considering that it FLEW DOWN THE CHARTS in virtually every nation on earth?

Please let logic rule this debate.

by Anonymousreply 8305/14/2012

r82, it may have shipped 11.5 copies to record stores, but only 1.2 have been sold.

1.2 is the figure we're opearting with, as only 1.2 million people on planet earth have *purchased* this album.

This means that 10.3 million copies are sitting on the shelves, and will be returned to Interscope in due course.

by Anonymousreply 8505/14/2012

She has not sold 12 million copies of this album, r84.

Get that through your thick skull.

by Anonymousreply 8605/14/2012

Oh, and 'Gold' equals 500,000 in the US *ONLY*

'Gold' in Australia is something like 25,000.

In the UK it is 200,000 I believe.

Now it is clear why you are thinking she's shifter 12 million units. She hasn't!

by Anonymousreply 8705/14/2012

Are there always these types of meltdowns on Datalounge when the hag releases a record?

by Anonymousreply 8805/14/2012

Again, 'Gold' in Portugal is NOT 500,000 copies.

Neither is it in the UK, Mexico, the Netherlands or Austria - all those countries have SMALLER markets than the US, hence their 'Gold' certificate is awarded to smaller figures.

Please do your research before you let your American-centric thinking overrun this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8905/14/2012

LMAO at R84 trying to list little two-bit countries where she went "gold" in when "gold" means different numbers in different countries:

Portugal - 10,000 copies = Gold

Hungary - A lousy 3,000 copies = Gold

Spain - 20,000 copies = Gold

Nice try at trying to make things seem good when they're not.

by Anonymousreply 9005/14/2012

Oops. I was wrong. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 9105/14/2012

So, if she is so rich, why can't she just retire and stop boring us with her mediocre music?

by Anonymousreply 9205/14/2012

The 90% of tour profits is from Live Nations press release in 2007 Madonna is a VERY shrewd business woman and always gets her way when it comes to making money. And I don't. Think mmadonna craves attention if anything that should be said if Gaga who does EVERY tv show to promote her album while Queen Madge turns them all down. Bottom line is when the year end official highest grossing tours and highest earning celebrities of the year lists by Forbes are out you will once again see Madonna in first place destroying her younger so called competition. Ac ording to the celebrity net worth website Madonna is worth 650 million prior to her take for this year making her already the rchest woman in music history. She is also the biggest selling female artist of all time with worldwide album sales of over 300 million. The highest grossing male or female toyring artist of all time and the artist with the most number 1 singles on the UNITED WORLD CHART. She wasn't kiddi g when she told Dick Clark that she wanted to rule the world. HATERS GONNA HATE

by Anonymousreply 9305/15/2012

Madonna will see more tickets and make more money on her upcoming tour than any artist this year so much for the general public not caring about her. Which is better selling millions of tickets at 300 dollars during a recession or selling millions og albums at 10 dollars? In a couple more years albums are just going to be given out as free downloads tohelp promote an artists tour. Mark my words. Album sales mean nothing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9505/15/2012

[quote]so much for the general public not caring about her.

The general public DON'T care for her anymore. Her only fans left are her hardcored die-hard gay fans that like to pretend it's still the 80's and 90's and who are stupid enough to pay $400 a ticket to see a stupid 2 hour show filled with shitty new songs. She is not gaining any new fans - the charts prove this.

by Anonymousreply 9605/15/2012

[quote]In a couple more years albums are just going to be given out as free downloads tohelp promote an artists tour. Mark my words. Album sales mean nothing anymore.

That recipe only works for a case like Madonna/MDNA, where she knows the album is rushed and lame, and she knows her reputation as A-List concert performer is still solid. It doesn't work for emerging artists at all, unless/until they have a reputation for delivering a good show live. It also doesn't work for artists who are far better in studio than live, like Imogen Heap and her precisely, obsessively multitracked vocals.

by Anonymousreply 9705/15/2012

If she's not gaining anymore fans than how come on every tour she's SELLING MORE TICKETS than the previous one her last tour she played to a record 3.5 million people with just 85 dates by comparison on Gagas monster tour she playes to 2.5 million people on a whopping 220+ dates. Its the same thing if madonna were releasing albums that were selling more than the previous one and breaking her own record so she's obviously gaining fans if she's playing to more people than she ever had before. There just not buying the new album when you can download it for free.

by Anonymousreply 9805/15/2012

Its similar to a film series if each sequel made more money and sold more tickets than the previous one would you say that the series is losing popularity and not gaining anymore fans? By the way I'm 23 hardly an eldergay and I know plenty of women and some straight men of all ages that love Madonna by the way I'm going to the first of her 2 sellout dates at Yankee Stadium to ser her You know Yankee Stadium where they would never book Gaga for even one date because they know she couldn't sell it out.

by Anonymousreply 9905/15/2012

Samo, punctuation can be your friend too.

by Anonymousreply 10005/15/2012

Well, MDNA is her best album ever, in my opinion. I never even was a fan before. I only liked about one song off each album in the past. This new album has at least 8 songs that I keep re-listening to.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

by Anonymousreply 10105/15/2012

r68, what's so fucking hard to grasp?? To make already $500 million on the tour it is CLEAR AS DAY that it is NOT just her "fantards" that are buying the seats.

by Anonymousreply 10205/15/2012

Arguing with the FlopDNA troll is like arguing with Mitt Romney about global warming.

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT.

Despite a global recession, Madonna is going to have another record-breaking tour.

I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK THE RECORD ISN'T SELLING! (and no...this isn't a MELTDOWN!)

Go on and dispute record sales in an internet piracy age. The proof is in the $$$.

I just can't wait to see that asshole from Forbes magazine eat crow and report the most lucrative tour sellout by a single artist.

by Anonymousreply 10305/15/2012

I love her...I just love her so much!!!

by Anonymousreply 10405/15/2012

she is still a miserably unhappy woman

by Anonymousreply 10605/15/2012

r101 must be joking.

by Anonymousreply 10705/15/2012

So she's going to earn $500 million, yet she can't come up with the $15 million to build schools in Malwai?

Sounds like one fucking greedy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10805/15/2012

R103 You're absolutely right, she's making pissloads of money. Good for her.

R105 You are right - Madonna's CD hasn't sold very well. It's probably a combination of many factors - including the fact that these songs are, sorry, not that spectacular.

And also, very, VERY few artists are selling big numbers these days. None of the people listed in your post are selling much.

In comparison to their older material, yes they are flops. Fleetwood Mac sold hundreds of millions and Stevie can't move the units these days.

But EVERYTHING these days is all about the concerts. That's why some artists, like Prince, are starting to **give away** their new CD's, because in the big scheme of things no one gives a fuck and only the record co. makes money.

The artist makes ALL the money on the SHOWS. Which is why Grandmadonna is charging $300+ for tickets, so she can get that cash.

Girls! Girls! You're both annoying. Now STFU.

by Anonymousreply 10905/15/2012

How is madonna an attention seeker? She's just doing her thing and entertaining people what's wrong with that? Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries and it still has the biggest openining week numbers in the US and WW so far this year yes the album has been dropping down the charts and it suffered a MASSIVE 88% drop in week 2 in the US but when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end and make the year end (barely) top 10 biggest selling albums of 2012 list. That's hardly the disaster the madonna hating media are making it out to be you also gotta realize that most artists (especially 30 years in the game) would be quite happy with those numbers especially in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 11105/15/2012

[quote]Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries

*sigh* How many times do we have to go over this you idiot? Debuting at number 1 doesn't mean shit when your album plummets down the chart the following weeks. This is her worst-selling album of all time and made the embarassing record of biggest sales drop of all time. Is that something to be proud of? And don't start with the "people don't buy records like they used to" because Lionel Richie's album is still selling like hotcakes and it was released the same day as FlopDNA and Adele is still in the Top 10 even though her album has been out over a year.

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 11205/15/2012

"when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end"

and you predict this based on what?

The album is dooooooooown, in *every* chart around the globe.

It's not possible for her to even reach 1.4, let alone 1.5 or 2 million (!)

No way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 11305/15/2012

Agreed, r112.

The fanbots *wish* no-one bought CDs anymore, when in reality plenty of people still do.

Most frauen have no clue what torrent is, and they don't use iTunes or spotify either. They buy CDs when they like something.

Adele, Lionel Richie, Whitney's Greatest Hits, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Iver, Foster the People, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson - they all sell CDs.

Madonna herself managed to shift 4 million copies of Hard Candy, because it came with a popular single.

The reason the general public have deserted her this time is because FlopDNA is SHIT. S-H-I-T.

by Anonymousreply 11405/15/2012

[quote]Madonna herself managed to shift 4 million copies of Hard Candy, because it came with a popular single.

And the only reason that single was popular was because of Justin Timberlake. She was hoping to use the "duet with the flavor of the moment" strategy using Nicki Whorenaj and M.I.A. on the first single of FlopDNA, but the song was so terrible that even bringing the flavor of the moment strategy didn't work this time around.

by Anonymousreply 11505/15/2012

Her album failed because no one believed she's still a girl.

by Anonymousreply 11605/15/2012

For the millionth time MDNA did not have the biggest drop of all time it had the biggest second week drop of an album to debut at no. 1 of the Soundscan era which dates back to 1991 that's hardly "of all time". And you know who had that record before Madonna Ladt Gaga with her Born This Way album! MDNA has sold 1.2 million copies in just it's first 6 weeks out it is currently the fifth biggest selling about of the year so far worldwide. The new official United World Chart lists the album as the 14th biggest selling album in the world the past week as soon as the tour kicks off sales will stabalize or even increase especially in places like Australia and South America whi h saw a HUGE incrwase in sales when she toured there the last time for Hard Candy. Are the albums sales a dissapointment yes? Is the album a flop? Definitely no Does Madonna seem to care? Hell no if she did she would be doing tons of TV shows to promote it even she knows album sales mean nothing anymore and there's no money to be made in it so why bother promoting. Also according to the Guinness Book of World Records and the IDPI she is the biggest selling female artist of all time qith over 300 million albums sold so she really has NOTHING to prove anymore. I'm vonna go on youtube and watch the Queens Rock and Roll hall of fame induction from 2008 you know where that no talent fraud Lady Gaga will never be

by Anonymousreply 11705/15/2012

the FLOPDNA troll is more desperate for attention than Madge!

by Anonymousreply 11805/15/2012

MDNA HAS outsold sprigsteens newest CD as well as mccartney van halen and lionel ritchie (worldwide with ritchie but not in US) so of any veteran performer still releasing cds madonna is still outselling them why doesn't the media report that? In six weeks MDNA outsolf Springsteens albums ten weeks worth of sales how come there's not a bunch of articles talking about HIS album flopping? Its pretty obvious that most of the media HATES Madonna and are jealous of her continued success because she's a survivor and not a victim. And she's not gonna be found dead ina a bathtub from an overdose bankrupt (whitney) or dead and bankrupt with a needle in her arm (mj). As for 4 mimutes yes it was a duet but EVERYBODY in music duets nowadays so what. It was also her record breaking 37th top 10 single on Billboard and the only one before GMAYL that has a guest artist on it as opposed to pop stars today where at least half of their hits have guest artists. I was just on the IFPI website looking at the 100 biggest selling artists of all time worldwide list and Madonna's at no.4 only the beatles elvis and mj have sold more in music history SO ONCE AGAIN SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE ANYMORE.

by Anonymousreply 11905/15/2012

Is this samo figure a troll? Surely nobody can authentically be this invested in Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 12105/16/2012

Madonna fan meltdowns never get tiring.

By the way, the album is called MDOA.

by Anonymousreply 12205/16/2012

Note to some of the dopes on here:

Stating facts is not a meltdown. Providing links to facts are not a meltdown.

Supposed ex-fan who knows every lyric to every song on an album they supposedly "hate" = Meltdown.

Supposed ex-fan replying to EVERY positive post with a negative one = Meltdown.

Try wrapping your brain around that one.

by Anonymousreply 12305/16/2012

Hey! I think I put FlopDNA in her place. It's been two hours and no MELTDOWN!!!

Hmmm. She must be busy listening to MDNA on Spotify...

by Anonymousreply 12405/16/2012

r123 is having another meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 12505/16/2012

[quote][R68], what's so fucking hard to grasp?? To make already $500 million on the tour it is CLEAR AS DAY that it is NOT just her "fantards" that are buying the seats.

She's not making $500 million on her tour. You must have Assburgers.

by Anonymousreply 12605/16/2012

[quote]Madonna is going to have another record-breaking tour.

Nope. Just like with her current album, she hasn't broken any records. Her tickets are taking forever to sell, unlike 5 years ago when they sold out in 10 minutes. These tickets have been sitting for months.

by Anonymousreply 12705/16/2012

[quote]And you know who had that record before Madonna Ladt Gaga with her Born This Way album!

That's because unless Lady Gaga sold a million copies after her first week, it was going to have a major drop. Nice try, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 12805/16/2012

[quote]Just like with her current album, she hasn't broken any records.

Now, now. She most certainly did break records with her current album...as the biggest second week sales drop in HISTORY!

LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 12905/16/2012

[quote]Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries and it still has the biggest openining week numbers in the US and WW so far this year yes the album has been dropping down the charts and it suffered a MASSIVE 88% drop in week 2 in the US but when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end and make the year end (barely) top 10 biggest selling albums of 2012 list.

MDNA went to #1 in 20 countries. Her label lied, as did her manager who gave a different number.

Secondly, she cheated. She gave the album away for free, even forcing people to purchase her first single. Don't forget that she payed for worldwide airplay.

MDNA will not sell 2 million. It is out of the Top 40 in the UK, and everywhere else for that matter. It is the biggest flop of her entire career.

She failed. Failed movie, failed singles, failed album, failed perfume, and now a tour that will be nothing to write home about. Sure, it'll get Top 10 Tour of 2012, but then how many pop tours are there? A huge chunk of her seats are being sold by companies who in turn sell them to legal scalpers. She's having trouble selling out in Europe, and is having to cancel dates. Sorry, but the Queen of Flop is over.

by Anonymousreply 13005/16/2012

Not to be all Scottish up on in here, but those figures are all Gross, not Net.

She'll be lucky to net 80M from it all.

by Anonymousreply 13105/16/2012

greedy bitch!

by Anonymousreply 13205/16/2012

For the record, speaking as a huge Madonna fan, MDOA is MUCH more clever than FlopDNA.

by Anonymousreply 13305/16/2012

Sorry R133. None of it is clever. According to FlopDNA, it is pointless bitchery.

There is a difference!

Notice none of FlopDNA's posts in Wit&Wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 13405/16/2012

R110 - bitch, please. I didn't take sides in your petty little queen war because I could give a fuck about Madonna.

In general, artists are making almost ALL of their money in touring, regardless whether their records sell one or one billion copies.

I'm sick of hearing about this washed up old hag.

Now, please go fuck yourself on a rusty iron spiked dildo.

by Anonymousreply 13705/16/2012

R134 is having a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 13805/16/2012

I'm trying to figure out why Flopdonna's fans are so excited about her getting the money that they're giving her.

by Anonymousreply 13905/16/2012

r137 is continuing the lame argumentation.

You've been called out on your idiocy, but of course that hasn't stopped you from making more idiotic statements.

So you are 'sick of hearing about this washed up old hag' - and yet you enter this thread, lecturing people like the little busybody you are, on the very topic you profess to hate.

What a joke you are.

by Anonymousreply 14005/16/2012

As r131 was saying: she won't make more than 80 million from the tour and merchandise, net figure.

by Anonymousreply 14105/16/2012

lol armchair critics .opinions are like assholes theres a lot of em. get off yr ass and do something with yr life which that "greedy old bitch" clearly has and surely dont give a fuck what some twats who are sitting back focusing on her life thinks lol if u dont see the irony in that oh well.human nature can be a very sad sad thing sometimes

by Anonymousreply 14207/09/2012

All the made up hype-numbers in the world won't mean a thing until the actual deposits are made. I predict the gal will be running a deficit in the real world. She's too old to be selling herself, and her music is mostly for the elderfay clientle. God knows we of the eldergay world are tight fingered fairies.

by Anonymousreply 14307/09/2012

R142 = British Madonna Fan

by Anonymousreply 14407/09/2012

What a bunch of idiots you all are. Madonna's new album is great and there were teens sleeping outside the stadium overnight at the packed concert in Italy I attended. The concert was fucking great as well. If there's anything she didn't do right it was not having a promotional campaign for the album. But, I love it!

by Anonymousreply 14507/09/2012

Poor thing is going through menopause anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14607/09/2012

Whatever the net is, it would motivate me to retire and sit on the French Riviera all day (Think: estate in "DirtyRotten Scoundrels.").

by Anonymousreply 14707/09/2012

Does she ever come across as passionate about her music? I've never seen that.

by Anonymousreply 14807/09/2012

You hit the nail on the head, r146, that's exactly what the problem for DL Madonna-haters is: she's a woman and not just a woman but an older woman. And not just an older woman but an older woman who is doing just what she wants and not shutting up and hiding in the corner. You twits really can't deal with it, can you.

by Anonymousreply 14907/09/2012

Wow, R149. Such vitriol.

Are you going through menopause, too?

by Anonymousreply 15007/09/2012

Have you heard of Diamanda Galas, R149, or would that offend your K-Mart emotions?

She's not a girl gone wild. Just a girl gone corporate.

by Anonymousreply 15107/09/2012

Ugly greedy selfish souls, pop stars like Jagger and Mad. If she were repulsive Mick with a dick she be seeding more kids from awful skanks.

Squat toads.

by Anonymousreply 15207/09/2012

So she's rich. Who the fuck cares?

Her fangurls are some of the most pathetic people on earth. The poor souls worship her and she couldn't give a rat's ass about them, except as a means to an end.

Madonna's pretty pathetic herself these days: hauling out her titty, flashing her 53 year old buttocks, "breaking down" onstage. You'd think that at her age her insatiable need for attention would abate somewhat, but it hasn't. When she's 80 she'll pulling out her tits and ass and crotch for all the world to see. What a sad, sad human being she is.

by Anonymousreply 15307/09/2012

R150, you again prove my point, although you wouldn't be able to understand why.

Yes, r151, I have heard of Diamanda Galas. I've even heard of Maria Callas. Why? Are you under the mistaken impression that you have some kind of cutting edge, arty farty taste in music that makes you really cool and, like, deep? I guess Diamanda Galas has gone through the menopause too, which would make her crap, according to r150. Maria Callas dealt with becoming an older woman by simply dropping dead at the age of 53 (same age as Madge!), which all the haters here would seem to think is the only "solution" for Madonna.

Poor Madge. On the one hand she gets trashed for not being like Rihanna, on the other for not being like Diamanda Galas!

You people just can't cope with the fact that other people love Madonna. What's your problem with that? What's the source of your hate? Frustration in your own lives? The fact your own existences are small and pathetic and you can only make yourselves feel "big" by bashing what you think is an easy target (a 53-year-old woman in pop music)?

Yeah, I know the answers: flop flop, grandma not girl, corporate, menopause, blah, etc. So pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 15407/09/2012

Oh, full of accusations about nothing R154.

by Anonymousreply 15507/09/2012

"You people just can't cope with the fact that other people love Madonna. What's your problem with that? What's the source of your hate? Frustration in your own lives? The fact your own existences are small and pathetic and you can only make yourselves feel "big" by bashing what you think is an easy target (a 53-year-old woman in pop music)?"

You can't cope with the fact that other people hate Madonna. What's YOUR problem with that? Do you think she's beyond criticism and dislike? It seems to me she's done a lot in her life to warrant all the disgust and animosity that some people have towards her. Your obvious worship of her is unhealthy, to say the least.

I think it's the Madonna fangurl's existences that are "small and pathetic." Their adoration of her gives their lives some modicum of meaning. Sad to think that the blind worship of an unapproachable celebrity would give meaning to someone's life, but it appears that Madonna's fans need their Madge to convince themselves they have a life.

by Anonymousreply 15607/09/2012

Goodness, R154, I was a huge Madonna fan in the 80s. Yes. I am that old.

But now I find her to be shallow and grotesque. A mere shadow of her former self. And it's never pretty to see someone over 50 desperately trying to cling to her youth.

by Anonymousreply 15707/09/2012

r145 is hilarious!

Her album is WEAK, sweetheart. That's why it sank like a rock in every chart around the world.

'Give Me All Your Luvin'? Most uninspired lead single of her entire career.

'Girl Gone Wild'? Tired techno from the 90s.

'I'm a Sinner', 'Superstar', 'Love Spent'? lame, forgettable music.

Madonna has stopped caring about her music, and so has the public. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 15807/09/2012

Sure, r156, I can cope with the fact that some hate (glad you acknowledge it's hate) Madonna. Go ahead and hate! But, can you haters at least acknowledge that there are very many of us who genuinely love Madge and her music, and not because we're brainwashed "fangurls" or whatever but because we genuinely like it? Enjoying Madonna's music and pointing this out to those who claim it's crap is "worshipping"? Seems like you're the one with the extreme, twisted emotions who believes that everyone else has to feel the same way you do.

So, I accept that you hate and you at least try to acknowledge the fact that there are millions around the world who love Madonna and her music and her shows. Deal with it!

R158, you're hilarious! I think "I'm a Sinner" is absolutely fucking fantastic, think "Love Spent" is great, really like the other tracks you mention, plus I think "Turn up the Radio" and "Bday Song" are fucking awesome. According to you, however, I'm not meant to like them, I'm meant to find them "weak". But, I don't. Am I wrong to like these songs?

Oh, and MDNA has scored higher on any chart than Diamanda Galas ever did.

by Anonymousreply 15907/10/2012

r159, I think it's great that you enjoy her lame album! Please listen to it as often as you can.

The thing is: the general public has NOT enjoyed her album, and that is why it FLOPPED.

Yes, it did race down the charts, at record-breaking speed, AROUND THE GLOBE.

Not even her fans downloaded 'Girl Gone Wild' - neither the single, nor the remixes. You know you're in deep shit when BBC Radio 1 - a stalwart Madonna supporter for decades - refuses to play your new material.

This was her inaugural release for a new label, meant to show everybody she could still do it - and it turned out to be a commercial and artistic disaster.

by Anonymousreply 16007/10/2012

Madonna has made the same mistake that so many aging celebrities before her have made--instead of reinventing herself, she is trying to recapture her former self.

This approach simply doesn't work for the general population.

by Anonymousreply 16107/10/2012

[quote]This approach simply doesn't work for the general population.

I agree. She only made half a billion dollars this year, what a loser. Her time is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 16207/10/2012

Good - now she can go away and slouch her withered hanks toward Bethlehem to be born.

by Anonymousreply 16307/10/2012

It's only a matter of time before she goes all spread-eagle in Playboy just to prove how "desirable" she is.

by Anonymousreply 16407/10/2012

Glum cunt

by Anonymousreply 16507/10/2012

This shows selling your soul to the devil WORKS..

by Anonymousreply 16607/10/2012

Well, R162, it's such a relief to see that we agree on this point.

by Anonymousreply 16707/10/2012

Damn, R163. Now, that IS funny.

by Anonymousreply 16807/10/2012

I agree, I submitted a wit and wisdom for R163!!

by Anonymousreply 16907/10/2012

tsk tsk,,haters,haters,haters,,just mind ur own bussines guys and do something productive in order to improve ur way of living rather than bashing someone whos actually and completly unaware of your existence!!ur bash wont affect her fame and fortune,,and thats reality!!im not really a fan of her,,but i guess she deserves what she got right now bec,,she work for it..u guys should do the same way too,,theres a lot of ways to be productive!!

by Anonymousreply 17007/17/2012

"ur bash wont affect her fame and fortune"

That's true, r170. She herself is affecting her fame and fortune - by making every mistake in the book.

We're only laughing at her. No one on this board believes they're able to 'change' her.

Why are we laughing at her? Because she continues to charge top dollar for material that is pure shit - laughing at her is the least we can do.

She's being supremely arrogant to her 'fans', and us (former) fans are paying her back in kind.

by Anonymousreply 17107/17/2012

do people not read anymore? Madonna new school (that she paid for out of pocket) is open. As well, jealousy is what is ugly. So very sad the world has so much hate in it. Bullies get nowhere in life (well...welfare and free cheese), but none the less....

Madonna is one of the best and will always be a legend.

The world is full of Justin beibers (closeted gay), that will never, ever have the term "legend in music" attached to their name.

You go Madonna! I bet 1/2 of the 300+ pound people in this forum could only wish to look like you (almost 54) and they 25. So so very sad.

Hate kills. Religion teaches hate. Do the math assholes.

by Anonymousreply 17207/17/2012

Has "flashing the gash" curtailed ticket sales to the "most anticpated concert extravaganza of the year"?

by Anonymousreply 17307/17/2012

r172: fan meltdown # 3497 ever since FlopDNA has *bombed* in every chart around the world.

You're right about one thing, fanbot: Madonna once had a respectable music career. She truly was one of the greats.

But... her material, and her work ethic, have gone to seed. The wailing of the fans won't change the truth.

Her new album is lame, the tour set list is a joke, and Madonna just isn't trying anymore.

Next!

by Anonymousreply 17407/17/2012

"Bullies get nowhere in life ..."

Have you heard of Mitt Romney? Rush Limbaugh? Joan Rivers?

by Anonymousreply 17507/18/2012

Even though the reviews for her shows this year have been consistently negative, she's still gonna rake in all that money? lol wow. I guess people don't mind an old woman who doesn't sing most songs live (and when she does she sounds like crap), shows up 2 hours late to her own concert and starts preaching at you while you're distracted with circus tricks from her dancers...

by Anonymousreply 17610/12/2012

I'm trying to imagine what $100 million worth of filler looks like. A blue whale in knee boots?

by Anonymousreply 17710/12/2012

Erudite, too, r168!

(Love ya, r163!)

by Anonymousreply 17810/12/2012

Sorry, but I haven't read any bad reviews of her tour. In actuality, having seen it a few times throughout the world, I have heard nothing but good reviews. Guess haters will always be haters, and will always try to bring everything down around them.

by Anonymousreply 17910/12/2012

no, don't read what the idiotic "music critics" aka Vadge vagina suckers, say, read the comments section. In the most recent one in the LA times for example, some of the fans were quite unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 18010/12/2012

Wow! How much does Madonna actually get to keep after all expenses, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 18110/12/2012

Wow, and she isn't even all that good at what she does! And her nastiness is legendary. Granted, she does seem to have a work ethic and a good business sense. Look what it got her, peddling that crap of hers. Imagine what someone like LiLo could accomplish is she would just sober up, shut up and WORK.

by Anonymousreply 18210/12/2012

The entity known as the Vadge Vampire preys on the weak sector within the gay community who are oblivious to her fraudulent and underhanded ways in order to make her living.

by Anonymousreply 18310/12/2012

She used to be excellent at her game, and actually made good music.

Not anymore.

I can't believe she will release a fourth single off her uninspired album. The previous three have been spectacular flops, and this new single ('Superstar') will flop just as hard.

A blind man can see that.

by Anonymousreply 18410/12/2012

Congratulations! It's the most lucrative "oldies" act of all time!

by Anonymousreply 18510/12/2012

"Here's a breakdown of what she's poised to pocket in 2012..."

"Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely."

"$60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume..."

"Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff."

"The Queen of Pop is hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD worldwide rights..."

by Anonymousreply 18610/12/2012

$500M - (expected +poised +not unlikely + hoping) = less than ten percent

by Anonymousreply 18710/12/2012

less than 10 % of $500 million is still ridiculous lol. Her stans are FOOLS for giving this cunt so much money. When will fags learn?

by Anonymousreply 18810/12/2012

wow and she has the nerve to show up 2 hours late to her shows? With people giving this money? this broad ain't got no shame.

by Anonymousreply 18910/13/2012

but it all means nothing if you don't have a man to come home to....

by Anonymousreply 19010/13/2012

Remeber when her worth was measured in hit singles and albums sales?

by Anonymousreply 19110/13/2012

hahaha LG but of course that's not important now. Only what she does well in counts :P and apparently only her concerts are making her money. Only people who pre-ordered album before they knew her shitty it would sound are the ones who bought it lmao

by Anonymousreply 19210/13/2012

I guess the masses haven't grown tired of her contrived act yet.

by Anonymousreply 19310/13/2012

Well she badmouthes Republicans and calls conservatives out on their shit so she ain't all bad.

by Anonymousreply 19410/13/2012

I'm going to summon the Janbot. At least Madonna will never have to degrade herself by appearing in a weight loss program advertisement on tv!

by Anonymousreply 19510/13/2012

but she'll degrade herself by flashing her 50+ tits and ass during concerts.

by Anonymousreply 19610/13/2012

OK, what more can be said that hasn't been said, umm: Erma Bombeck: "Learn the difference between success and fame, Mother Theresa is success, Madonna is fame" or "all that money and no class" or "all that money and not a thing to show for it" except a school in Malawi (??). I think the best way the rich can help is to give to environmental causes thereby benefiting everyone including the rich themselves and planet Earth. Why not give to an effort to bring back extinct bird species through cloning like the Great Auk, Carolina Parakeet or the Passenger Pigeon just to name three. I have been told that cloning, at least in that regard, is in its infancy right now. I suspect though that Madonna may want to clone herself.

by Anonymousreply 19710/13/2012

lol R197 that's some Kaballah ish right there!

by Anonymousreply 19810/13/2012

R197 and that is the problem. The delusional Vadge stans and media members view her as someone who knows better than us how to live properly and think of her as a pop culture teacher when in reality she's nothing more than a talentless, greedy famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 19910/14/2012

I wonder what happened to that charity Madonna set up? Oh that's right it FAILED and I don't think she even spent any of her money while "working " on it.

by Anonymousreply 20010/14/2012

Madonna can't afford real pearls!

by Anonymousreply 20110/14/2012

I guess your suppose to shut up and die once your over 40.. There's alot of comments about her on here..and most of you are saying "Who cares about that old bitch.." Hmmmmmm??

by Anonymousreply 20211/13/2012

Madonna herself won't get 500 million, her empire will gross that. She is according to Forbes expected to make about $200 million herself this year, which will be the highest annual earnings of a musical performer in history The main reason why she'll make so much is because her 2007 contract with Live Nation entails that she'll receive 90% of the PROFITS from her tours, MDNA tour will end ip grossing 300 mil by years end, tour cost about 100 million to create and to pay personnell, that's a 200 million profit, Madonna gets 90% of that plus other money from back catalogue sales, MDNA album sales, tour merchandise, perfume and fadhion line sales at Macy's, endorsements etc. Her 90% touring profit rate is by far the highest in the business, say what you will about her but when it comes to business deals and making money she's untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 20311/13/2012

Vadge has always been great at getting money...it's just her methods and her stealing and horrible stank attitude and lack of talent that put people off. No one accused her of being a bad businesswoman

by Anonymousreply 20411/14/2012

I don't hate Madonna because she's a successful woman. I hate her because she's a cunt. She's hardly a feminist. Talented men made her what she is. The bitch can hardly sing, hardly dance. She was just great at fame whoring. The spell she cast on the public is irrefutably Satanic. There's no other explanation for someone to have built an empire on so little of real value.

by Anonymousreply 20511/14/2012

I'm convinced Madonna had to make a deal with the devil in order to get the enormous success she has. It is mind-boggling how she became music royalty without possessing any raw talent.

by Anonymousreply 20611/14/2012

[quote]- $60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

And I am Marie of Romania.

by Anonymousreply 20711/14/2012

Oh no doubt Vadge sold her soul to Satan long ago. The things she has to done to people-stealing/copying/using/manipulating/lying/leaving in the dust...in order to build her career are simply despicable. It's a real shame that most of society views her as a positive female role model. She couldn't be anything further from that.

by Anonymousreply 20811/14/2012

She'll make a ton of money from her tour. Her clothing line and perfume are sales duds. That's why her PR isn't trotting out the sales numbers the way they do when one of her projects is a success.

by Anonymousreply 20911/14/2012

The Queen of Floppy TITS, is more like it!

by Anonymousreply 21011/14/2012

I used to be a fan but you couldn't pay me now to attend one of her shows.

Good for her if she really is making that much because it's her last hurrah.

by Anonymousreply 21111/14/2012

R209 actually her Macy's clothing line for young girls has been such a success that it has expanded into cosmetics and health and beauty products. She also has her own brand of sneakers and a collection of workout DVD's on the horizon(she's not in them she lends her name to them as it's her personal trainers workout) and her Truth or Dare perfume has been a such a success that there are plans for a men's fragrance next year(the gays will be all over that). As for her not having real talent I'm sorry you don't become the biggest selling female attist of all time and one of the most successful stars EVER without having some talent. She may not have the strongest voice in the world, but her ability as a songwriter and priducer to put together a catchy song (with the right collaborators) is talent enough. Her current tour will be the years highest grossing and will join her previous tour among the top 10 tours of all time, this is when her real talent comes out, her captivating stage presence, and her classically trained dance routines, which make her more of a performance artist than a pop star. In some ways she's been even more successful than Michael Jackson when you look at het touring numbers on top of her album sales, because she's a woman whose still alive and has a controversial image she doesn't always get the respect she deserves that will change when she dies of course. Just last week Rihanna did an interview where she called Madonna "the Queen of Music" and said that she really wants to duet with her, Madonna still has that power.

by Anonymousreply 21211/14/2012

That's true, r212. She remains that influential.

However, she has lost her talent for "[putting] together a catchy song". Her singles are lame now, her last two albums were chasing trends instead of trying something new, her singing voice has become bitchy and unattractive - and consequently, the public is staying away from her new material. It has nothing to do with her age, either.

Her unquestionable influence is based on past triumphs, and on her unique star quality.

People continue to admire her despite her weak music, not because of it.

by Anonymousreply 21311/14/2012

R 213 you have a pont to an extent, but Hard Candy still sold 4 million worldwide and had her biggest selling single in the US with the huge hit 4 minutes(over 3 million sold) all at the age of 50. While I wasn't a fan of Hard Candy, I actually think MDNA is a really good album, the problem was it debuted at #1 in over 40 countries(including the US) but fell quickly do to lack of promotion and lack of radio play due to ageism, despite that MDNA was still certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum in every major music market which is unheard of for an artist in their 50's. The reason Madonna didn't promote the album is obvious there is NO money to be made from album sales nowadays especially for a huge touring/ merchandising artist like M you make your money elsewhere, so what's the point of doing huge promotion for an album when nobody buys albums anymore? The critic reviews for the album is also quite positive just look up its MetaCritic score on Wikipedia, so the misconception that it's a bad album after receiving so many positive reviews is false.

by Anonymousreply 21411/14/2012

r214 - you need to abandon the 'ageism' meme.

Age had nothing to do with her album racing down the charts. The music on it was LAME, LAME, LAME.

If she had released truly exciting music, she would have stayed on top. You do know that the public went CRAZY for her during Superbowl, on the Ellen show, etc.

There is a lot of good-will left for her, and people want her to do well.

But she blew it, and arroganly dumped truly uninspired music on the public.

Also, you are one of the few people who think MDNA is 'better than Hard Candy'. To my ears, it's the other way around. Hard Candy had the wrong producers, but it contained real songs, some of them enjoyable, others not so much.

MDNA only had rushed non-ideas of non-songs on it, plus weak collaborators. Neither they nor Madonna had ANY fresh ideas. None.

It's truly a terrible album.

by Anonymousreply 21511/14/2012

Secondly, r214, the reason many critics 'lauded' that album is the same reason the public went crazy for her during Superbowl:

THEY WANT HER TO DO WELL.

The reviews are not a true reflection on the quality of the album.

I know, this is hard for you to comprehend. Try it, though.

The album IS bad, and that IS why nobody bought her record (except her hardcore fans).

Also, her not doing any promotion is further proof that she cared nothing about her music this time around.

Yes, you CAN make money off record sales, if you are Madonna.

Yor interpretation of Madonna's non-promotion is very charitable indeed.

Face it, she knew the album was going to be a flop. So she didn't even bother.

by Anonymousreply 21611/14/2012

R216 wrong on a lot of levels. Madonna's contract stipulates that she receives one dollar for every album sold, so MDNA has sold 1.7 million copies(among the top 10 selling albums of the year worldwide so much for nobody buying it) she gets a dinky 1.7 million, if she would of promoted the shit out of it and it sold 3 mil, she would still only receive 3 millipn off of album sales, so in her mind it's not worth it, especially if you consider she hates doing interviews and performing on second rate TV shows (save that for Gaga). Madonna herself made 2 million alone this year off of one Yankee Stadium cooncert! And MDNA has been certified Gold in the US, which is a huge achievement for anyone in this low album sales climate, let alone an artist in their 50's. Springsteen, Striesand, Dylan, and McCartney all couldn't do it with their recent albums but Madonna does abd she's the one who people say has flopped?

by Anonymousreply 21711/14/2012

r209, actually Macy's is making HUGE $$ from the Material Girl line.

What I don't get is the sales #s for the perfume.

Where can you even buy it?

by Anonymousreply 21811/14/2012

R218 her perfume is sold exclusively at Macy's, and a second female fragrance and a men's fragrance are due out soon. Bye the way I saw Madonna in concert in Philly and she was AMAZING well woth the $300 ticket prices, her stage presence and sheer talent on stage are one of a kind. She makes the audience feel what she's feeling, it's hard to describe. Talking about MDNA underperforming, I'm surprised how nobody mentions how Mariah Carey's so called comeback single Triumphant flopped so bad that it didn't even chart on the Hot 100! Carey unlike Madonna is not a big touring act at all so has to rely on album sales to pay the bills, no wonder she joined American Idol.BY COMPARISON GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE the first single off MDNA went to #10 on the Hot100 and became her record extending 38th top 10 single(more than anybody in history), it also became her 27th certified single in history (more than any solo artist).

by Anonymousreply 21911/14/2012

r217, Madonna's relevance stands and falls with her chart success AND album sales.

Stop being obtuse.

And Madonna wants to be relevant - not as an act of the past, which is why she doesn't perform a lot of old hits, but as an act of TODAY.

Your entire premise is wrong.

Secondly, 1.7 million people buying her album is a huge flop, by Madonna's standards. Again, you're being willfully obtuse.

Thirdly, link to where she "earns one dollar per album". You're pulling this out of your ass.

Finally, Madonna doesn't "dislike doing interviews". How laughable. Madonna has sought the spotlight her entire career, and she basks in media attention.

You must be new to her.

by Anonymousreply 22011/14/2012

r220, actually, in today's standards selling 2 million cds is a hit.

Look at the sales #s of any other pop star (save for Adele). Rhianna's latest, for example, sold fewer than MDNA yet it contained smash radio hits.

by Anonymousreply 22111/14/2012

r219, the single was pushed to # 10 by Clearchannel - and dropped like rock once the buying public had had their say.

In the UK, it stalled at # 37. (The UK had been Madonna's most loyal market for 30 years).

This album has been a disaster for Madonna, and an embarrassment for Interscope.

It's a big flop.

by Anonymousreply 22211/14/2012

They tried to flog a FOURTH single off of that unholy mess of an album? Oh,seeing Live Nation trying to extract every pound of flesh they can is going to be so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 22411/14/2012

r221: the album hasn't even sold 2 million.

Secondly, neither Adele nor Rhianna have a 120 million dollar contract that needs to be validated.

Considering Madonna gets 90 % of tour revenues, very little is left for Live Nation.

They're pissed, and that's why they forced her to release a third and fourth single, despite the album tanking.

Hard Candy, which included a genuine hit single, didn't even have a fourth single.

Desperation in camp Madonna/Live Nation/Interscope is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 22511/14/2012

R223 there is no fourth single and no fourth video has been shot either! In fact her manager said on Twitter a few months ago that there won't be a 4th single. Nice try though, you failed. As for the Clear Channel promotion, many artists receive this radio push, but the fact is the song went to #2 on itunes sales and sold almost 2 million downloads worldwide hardly a flop, in fact it's the first time this millenium that an artist in their 50's scored a top 10 hit on the Hot 100. That is how rare it is.

by Anonymousreply 22611/14/2012

Itmust KILL her to learn that Susan Boyle outsells her and that old bag doesn't even tour!

by Anonymousreply 22711/14/2012

r226, well stated.

END THREAD> Yes, MDNA wasn't a huge hit, but times are CHANGING folks. It's not about album sales.

it's about exposure. Touring. Merchandising. Television. Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 22811/14/2012

R220 Madonna's publicist said it best that Lady Gaga does six times the promo Madonna ever did. Hell Madonna released albums like True Blue and Like a Prayer without even doing a SINGLE tv interview or tv show or awards show performance. That is unheard of in this day and age of media saturation. Madonna told Ellen, in a rare TV interview, that her manager is always trying to get her to do more press and that Madonna always turns everything down. Madonna even turned down the Superbowl at first, but was eventually talked in to doing it. By the way Barbara Striesands duets album sold 50,000 copies worldwide in it's first week and MDNA sold 800,000 copies worldwide in it's first week SIXTEEN times Striesands opening sales yet Madonna is the one with the floo album?

by Anonymousreply 22911/14/2012

r226, you're worse than the Janbot.

Madonna has only had ONE hit single in the last five years, namely '4 Minutes'.

Every other single has been a flop: 'Give it 2 Me', 'Miles Away', 'Celebration', 'Revolver', 'Girl Gone Wild', 'Turn Up The Radio'.

'Give Me All Your Luvin' received maximum promotion via Superbowl, and still dropped like a ROCK in week 3, once Clearchannel was done with the single.

And they didn't even release 'Beat Goes On', which had "intended single" written all over it.

Btw, you yourself just confirmed the lack of interest in MDNA. So why isn't there a fourth single, if people are supposedly all over the album?

The truth is, Madonna has stopped caring about musical creativity. She's interested in films, merchandise, and touring.

She is done with music, and the public is done with her new material in kind.

by Anonymousreply 23011/14/2012

r228: then why release an album at all?

The Vadgebots make no sense, as usual.

People aren't flocking to her concerts to hear 'Miles Away' or 'B-day song', are they?

She releases albums with the intention to STAY RELEVANT - which isn't happening, because the public has flushed her album down the toilet.

Madonna's relevance is entirely based on past glories, and that, sweethearts, makes her a NOSTALGIA ACT - which she doesn't want to be.

Thus her pushing out more albums, chasing trends, and artifically generating a top ten single.

The 'chasing trends' thing alone speaks volumes about her neediness, and desire to be an act of TODAY.

by Anonymousreply 23111/14/2012

r229: more imbecility from the bots.

Madonna didn't need to do promotion, because she had MTV on her side - which was one big vehicle of promotion.

Her videos alone advertised her albums, and everybody was watching them.

MTV is now gone, and consequently, new acts like Gaga need to do more promotion.

Dumbasses!

by Anonymousreply 23211/14/2012

R227 why would Madonna care if Boyle outsells her? Madonna is the biggest selling female artist of all time, get it OF ALL TIME. The funny thing is even Boyle cited Madonna as an inspiration and did a cover version o.f her hit You'll See and do you think for a second that if Boyle did tour she would be able to come close to the record breaking success of Madonna's tours? Madonna has the 2 top grossing tours by a female artist and since 2001 alone has generated ticket sales of over 1.1 BILLION. Making her the highest grossing solo touring artist (male or female) of all time. And you will sit down now.

by Anonymousreply 23311/14/2012

Meltdown alert!!!

by Anonymousreply 23411/14/2012

R231 Madonna still makes music because she WANTS too. Why does Paul McCartney or Aretha Franklin still make music? Because they want to. I have no problem with Madonna being a nostalgic act because any artist that has been around for 30 years becomes a nostalgic act whether they like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 23511/14/2012

Here are the worldwide album sales of Madonna since 2005. Confessions on a Dancefloor sold 10 million, Hard Candy sold 4million, greatest hits album Celebration sold 3million, and MDNA sold 1.7 million. That's nearly 19 million in sales since 2005 it's really amazing numbers for an artist who first debuted in 1982. Her worldwide record and single sales stand at over $320 million(per the Guinness Book of Records website, where Madonna has won over 20 world records). By comparison Cher who debuted 20 years before Madonna has worldwide record and single sales of $100 million. That's how successful Madonna is.

by Anonymousreply 23611/14/2012

Don't anyone tell Alan, whose cringe-inducing writing style is pretty much Tom Bianchi: The Next Generation

by Anonymousreply 23711/14/2012

"the album hasn't even sold 2 million."

Worldwide it has.

by Anonymousreply 23811/14/2012

Two million worldwide?? *giggle*

by Anonymousreply 23911/14/2012

r238: worlwide it has NOT sold 2 million.

Her global total stands at exactly 1.7 million.

Not even 1.8, but: one million and seven hundred thousand copies.

by Anonymousreply 24011/14/2012

R239 we can talk when Swift sells over 320 million albums and is the biggest selling female artist of all time, especially when you consider Swift is pretty local and not a huge seller outside the US. We can talk when Swift sells out stadiums the worl over and has the 2 highest grossing tours by a female of all time the Sticky and Sweet tour which grossed $408 million and the MDNA tour which is on it's way to a $300-325 million gross. Swifts tour did gross an impressive $140 million but nowhere near Madonna's league despite the fact Swift did more shows.

by Anonymousreply 24111/14/2012

r235: MDNA has clearly demonstrated that she hasn't liked her music.

Nothing could sound more forced than "Give Me All Your Luvin' "

She HATES making new music, and you couldn't be more wrong.

The one thing Madonna cares about, creatively, is MOVIES. *THAT* is what she enjoys - hence spending 3 years on a film, and 2 months in the recording studio.

Clueless, myopic fanbot you are.

by Anonymousreply 24211/14/2012

R240 you're right it has sold 1.7 million but shipments are at the very least 2 million. Those numbers are still pretty impressive, I mean Striesand would kill to sell that many albums as would any other musician over a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 24311/14/2012

the meltdown fanbot on this thread truly is a mini-Janbot.

It hasn't yet reached the lofty heights of Janbot's fevered rants... but it is getting there.

Janet is over.

And Madonna is circling the drain.

Needless to say, the bots are becoming more deluded with each new flop single.

by Anonymousreply 24411/14/2012

R242 I actually agree with you and think she spent way too much time on that stupid movie. That said I still think the album turned out to be pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 24511/14/2012

r243: Streisand/McCartney/Franklin are very different performers than Madonna.

You know it, I know it.

They don't need to shift that many copies.

Madonna's allure has always rested on her juggernaut HIT potential, as the Queen of billboard and radio.

She is losing at her own game, and 1.7 million copies is... a big flop.

For Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 24611/14/2012

r242, I kind of agree with you in that she phoned in much of the work on MDNA.

But Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm a Sinner, even Superstar are pretty good pop songs. So, there *is* some justification for the cd to have sold close to 2 million.

And that's not too shabby for ANYONE in today's cd buying market.

But, again, I agree that she spent more time on "W.E." than MDNA and it shows.

Having stated that, I disagree with you regarding her not caring. She loves touring, performing, making music gives her that. She doesn't want to be a nostalgia act...and she isn't. Most material is from fresh cds.

by Anonymousreply 24711/14/2012

r245, you're one of the few people who does.

The album raced down the charts, and the general public showed zero interest in it.

Learn to deal with reality, even if you yourself like her current output.

by Anonymousreply 24811/14/2012

It's good to see the Madge Chart Troll again! Lord knows that the last few singles have not been much to write home about - but she seems fired up today!

by Anonymousreply 24911/14/2012

I went to the MDNA tour on Monday night, my first Madge concert ever, and holy shit did it fucking suck.

She can move, I'll give her that, and the damn thing has high production values, but to stage an entire tour around the dark, grim material from the MDNA record was a mistake.

She does very little of her old stuff and reimagined Like A Virgin as some sort of plodding, dull anthem to her aging sexuality.

The joke is on me for sure, because I paid $200 for these tickets thinking going to a Madonna concert was a gay boy rite of passage, but that bitch will never get another DIME out of me.

by Anonymousreply 25011/14/2012

R244 I'm not having a meltdown I'm just posting FACTS yes MDNA was a dissapointing seller but it's not an all out flop and it's much better than that Hard Candy crap. And for the record Madonna will never be over when you're the world's top female concert draw you'll always be able to put on amazing shows that make a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 25111/14/2012

R246 you do realize that McCartney was a member of the Beatles you know the biggest selling musical act of all time. What I'm trying to say is Madonna is at that stage in her career where commercial success is no longer that important and she has nothing to prove anymore, she's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so everything now is icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 25211/14/2012

"Most material is from fresh cds."

Because she makes it so.

People aren't flocking to her concerts because of the new flop material (see r250, for an example). They want Borderline and Dress You Up, songs that Madonna hates.

She IS a nostalgia act, through her flop material alone.

So much willful cluelessness...

And those songs you mentioned off MDNA are simply terrible. They are not songs... Hard Candy had songs - with a proper bridge, chorus, verse, etc.

On MDNA, every track sounds like a demo, rushed ideas, unfinished material.

And the production is horrible. That techno breakdown in I'm Addicted is awful... kills the 'song' (not really) right then and there.

Superstar a good song? You have got to be joking!

Girl Gone Wild is tired techno from 1999. It rightfully flopped HARD.

And I'm a Sinner is boring like the rest of the album.

Awful, terrible record, from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 25311/14/2012

Well, if indeed commercial success is no longer important to her, then why doesn't she seriously challenge herself musically instead of trying to follow the trend of making club music, which has already gone well past it's sell-by date? Idon't see her trying to try anything innovative in that arena. She should embrace her advanced age and record an album of POP standards or even better to reflect the age of her demographic, perhaps an album based on Broadway Show Tunes. You know her fans would eat that UP!!

by Anonymousreply 25411/14/2012

r252: it is for you, not for her.

She's clearly aiming for her 40th top ten hit, so she does have a real interest in chart relevance.

Needless to say, this goes over your head.

by Anonymousreply 25511/14/2012

r251, sweetheart, no-one is disputing she will remain a legend.

We're talking zeitgeist currency, and she's lost all of it.

Learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 25611/14/2012

R249 I'm not a she I'm a he and proud of it, so don't refer to me as a female. And I'm just staing chart facts, yes sales of the album were kinda dissapointing but it's hardly a floo in today's climate. And the tour will be this years highest grossing and most attended beating out that Gaga ugly mess with less shows.

by Anonymousreply 25711/14/2012

Agreed, r254.

The fanbots don't know what they're saying anymore.

They're like Mitt Romney, in Madonnaworld.

by Anonymousreply 25811/14/2012

r257: the album is a big flop by Madonna's standards.

Deal with it.

And nobody here likes Gaga, so you can drop that shit as well.

by Anonymousreply 25911/14/2012

R254 I hate Broadway musicals in fact aside from Madonna and MJ I'm not a fan of pop music in general and Madonna is the ONLY female artist I listen to and follow. My favorite type of music is classic rock. Now if Madonna did an album like that it would be interesting to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 26011/14/2012

Oh we all know why she won't do an acoustic album or anything like that. It would require her to SING. And besides, she can't claim a "co-writing" credit on any classic pop standards.

by Anonymousreply 26111/14/2012

"Pop Star's Empire Poised To Earn $500 Million"

All without an iota of grace...

Still, she'll always be remembered for perpetrating W.E...

Sort of like the John Wayne Gacy of cinema...

by Anonymousreply 26211/14/2012

R261 you've obviously never seen Evita where she sings her heart out, or seen her in concert just playing a guitar and standing there singing, it's usually the best part of her shows. And her 2003 album American Life was very close to an acoustic, folk rock album.

by Anonymousreply 26311/14/2012

HA! "Evita" wasn't performed live while they were shooting, dearest! We all know what audio mixers can work magic twiddling those knobs! What I wouldn't GIVE to hear how much work went into that soundtrack!

by Anonymousreply 26411/14/2012

There are some queens on the IMDB Beyonce board that say Madonna is all the rage with the kids. hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 26511/14/2012

R264 that could be said for any singer on any album What I do know is that Andrew Lloyd Webber sat in during one recorded session and raved about how good her voice had become, she was taking voice lessons with one of the worlds top vocal coaches, where it was discovered that Madonna had a full octive range that she had never used before.

by Anonymousreply 26611/14/2012

American Life is the second most horrible album of her career, after MDNA.

Her singing voice on it sucks, the lyrics are self-involved and trite, the songs a chore to listen to. That rap on the title track is the worst thing she's ever recorded.

AL is where all her problems started, darling.

The Vadgebot really shouldn't be parading Madonna's two biggest flops as proof of her greatness.

by Anonymousreply 26711/14/2012

R267 I never said American Life was a great album, in fact it's my least favorite album of hers. And what's with the name calling? Vadgebot really?

by Anonymousreply 26811/14/2012

Susan Boyle's cover of "You'll see" is horrendous. Susan has the worst voice ever...the fake vibrato, strange phrasing and total lack of emotion. The way she pronounces words makes it sound like English isn't her first language. Maybe it isn't?

Remember when you were a kid and you'd clench your hands together and shake to get that vibrato sound? I can just imagine that woman doing that in the recording studio because her vibrato is awful.

I will proclaim Madonna a better singer than Susan Boyle.

by Anonymousreply 26911/14/2012

At least my kids aren't doing SMACK!!!

by Anonymousreply 27011/14/2012

What was Live Nation thinking to give Vadge such a contract? If this had been 20 years ago, I could understand...but did they REALLY think she was going to be that great of an investment? People only want to hear her old shitty hits, not her new shitty flops. Except for middle aged women and fags of all ages, Vadge has no fans left. She's just pressed she's not gonna be the movie star she always dreamed of so I expect her to copy more old hollywood looks again really soon.

by Anonymousreply 27111/14/2012

R271 Madonna has no fans left? Then how come when she tours she sells more concert tickets than anyone? How come when she's on TV the ratings go through the roof? You don't sell over 2 million concert tickets with sky high prices during one of the world's worst economic crisis with "no fans left"! It's pretty obvious and believe me Live Nation is banking plenty of money off the tour and the merchandise there was just an article last week about how Madonnas tour was saving the concert industry.

by Anonymousreply 27211/14/2012

I notice the stan doesn't mention all of the "ticket gievaways" to all of these shows....

by Anonymousreply 27311/14/2012

"Itmust KILL her to learn that Susan Boyle outsells her and that old bag doesn't even tour!"

Obviously you're not as obsessed with SuBo as you are with Madonna, or you'd know Boyle's career is on the decline. Her new CD was released this week and Hits Daily Double reports: "Syco/Columbia vocalist Susan Boyle is expected to do 35-40k." Yeah, I'm sure Madonna is envious.

by Anonymousreply 27411/14/2012

What ticket giveaways? You mean radio contest giveaways that every artist does? The bottom line is the tour has sold over 2 million tickets with just 88 shows being played, the final gross after the South American dates have been completed is expected to be between $300-$325 million, making it the years highest attended and highest grossing tour as well as her second CONSECUTIVE tour to land in the top 10 grossing tours of all time. Billboard already confirmed this back in August when the US leg kicked off.

by Anonymousreply 27511/14/2012

Wasn't there some sort of deal where if you bought a ticket to her concert, you'd get a free MDNA album? lmao. oh Vadge...and Vadgebotstans please...we know it's hard to deal with, but mainstreamers don't care about this old cunt anymore. Sure she'll continue to do well on tour, but her airplay presence will be reduced to oldies and soft rock stations...

by Anonymousreply 27611/14/2012

And so, R276? Hard to get play on radio stations if you're older than 30.

This is the way I see it: a new album = a new tour. The real money for Madge likely never came from album sales, but instead from tours. When you gross $600 million from a tour based on a new album, who cares about album sales? Even if she nets $100 million from that, that's a pretty pick chunk of change for a few month's work.

Look at it another way: Madonna is selling out 20,000 seat arenas, Mariah Carey is doing American Idol. Pretty much says it all.

by Anonymousreply 27711/14/2012

R250 - I went on Saturday night and thought it was great. The show has good reviews overall, but not everybody has to like everything, you know?

by Anonymousreply 27811/14/2012

It's always fun when MadonnaNation invades a thread.

by Anonymousreply 27911/14/2012

R274 wow those numbers are bad! And MDNA sold about 360,000 copies and debuted at #1 in the spring when album sales were lower than this Christmas season. Imagine if Madonna had those numbers the media would be brural and rip her a new one. Madonna is ALWAYS held to a different standard than anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 28011/14/2012

Imagine how much better she'd sell if she actually had some good tunes.

Can someone post some links that show how successful her Material Girl line and perfume have been? I want dollar figures. I'm not buying the PR hype that they're successful.

by Anonymousreply 28111/14/2012

[quote] How much do you think goes to charity? Or the people who worked on this? She's known to be cheap.

She ripped off those gay dancers in Truth or Dare. They're heavily featured, they're basically her costars, but greedy Madonna paid them the bare minimum.

by Anonymousreply 28211/14/2012

Madonna is a great capitalist which is why it's hilarious whenever she preaches to her stans how important it is to be caring or giving. This cunt has no qualms about profitting off the talents and hard work of others.

by Anonymousreply 28311/16/2012

What was really annoying is when she made that video asking her fans to donate to Raising Malawi. She could rebuild the whole fucking country and still have hundreds of millions left.

by Anonymousreply 28411/16/2012

Raising Malawi was just one of her Kabbalah front companies that got investigated by the FBI on more than one occasion.

by Anonymousreply 28511/16/2012

Proof that there is no God.

by Anonymousreply 28611/16/2012

If anyone believes in karma, Vadge is proof the concept doesn't exist. She should be on welfare now given her horrible lack of morality and awful personality.

by Anonymousreply 28711/17/2012

R288 = Racist asshole who hates successful Black women, hence the gratuitous dig at Mariah

by Anonymousreply 28911/17/2012

R288 - first of all, it's spelled 'pathetic." If you're going to attempt to read someone, learn how to do it right. Also, Mariah is a successful songwriter and singer in her own right. She really isn't pressed over Madonna like that. Mariah's glory days are over and her voice is shot to hell nowadays, but her catalog from the 90's stands the test of time, just like Madonna's legacy has stood the test of time.

I like Mariah and Madonna for different reasons, even though I know there are warring factions between their two fanbases.

by Anonymousreply 29011/17/2012

R288 an undeserved legend. No talent but what's worse is a horrible personality and sense of entitlement. We can bash that cunt all we want and the fools who keep giving her money.

by Anonymousreply 29111/17/2012

Madonna is a Satanic Priestess working for the Illuminati, as are most of Jimmy Iovine's Interscope nut jobs. If you don't believe she's evil, go see her concert and stare into the pyramid images and eyes of horus that pop up every two seconds. And that half time show was a Satanic ritual perpetrated on the American masses. It was full of occult imagery. It's so messed up! She's EVIL! no other explanation for her fame.

by Anonymousreply 29511/18/2012

What's with all the continual Madonna hatred here?

It gets a bit nauseating and many of you posting in this thread sound really bitter.

by Anonymousreply 29611/18/2012

R295 , you have much deeper problems than anyone, including Madonna to post THAT posting at 2:56 in the morning. YOU are insane. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 29711/18/2012

R296 it's to balance out the dumbass Vadgestans who worship this woman here. She's not talented, beautiful or, most importantly, a good person. She deserves all the negatively for the shit she's done and pulled throughout her career on the way to the top.

by Anonymousreply 29811/18/2012

And yet you're still obsessing over her, R298. Tisk, tisk.

by Anonymousreply 29911/18/2012

and who here knows how much she gives to charity??? most more moral people do it anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 30011/18/2012

R300 we only know about her scandals, such as that Malawi charity lmfao. Vadge's favorite charity is to herself. She's hardly known as a do-gooder.

by Anonymousreply 30111/18/2012

So I read the latest review from the other day and apparently a lot of fans spent time just staring at their phones and thought she was "weird" during her performance. I think this will be her last big tour. Only a fool would go to see her again. Her show is WACK.

by Anonymousreply 30211/19/2012

r302, really, why did you feel the need to post that?

Since I can now respond that the reviews (90%) have been overwhelmingly positive.

You've never seen the show.

And I just want to know why you felt the urge to post that?

People are weird.

by Anonymousreply 30311/19/2012

90% really? With all the amount of complaints I've been reading? Where is it 90% positive?

by Anonymousreply 30411/19/2012

My gawd people--she is OBVIOUSLY not OVAH--we are TALKING about her making several hundred million dolars. Did I mention that we are TALKING about her?

I am not a huge fan, but give the woman her due respect she has EARNED it.

by Anonymousreply 30511/19/2012

Earned? I respect her as a businesswoman but not as a "musician" or "singer". She's always been good at promoting herself through famewhoring but I have no respect for her "music" or "style". I especially have no respect for the way she treats fans and employees.

by Anonymousreply 30611/19/2012

I wonder what her future tours will be like, if people think this one sucks so much. I mean how many more gimmicks can she use to take away from her bad singing?

by Anonymousreply 30911/20/2012

All of you haters must be bitting your thong right now. She has 10 shows left in South America to end the tour and will actually make more then what this article projected. So those of you who say she's over probably have a dictionary with the wrong meaning. LMFAO. Like it or not, she's still here, she's still #1 and has no plans of slowing down. #Queen Madonna forever. It's not over until she says it's over. Sending love and light to you all.

by Anonymousreply 31011/28/2012

Being big in South America is kind of like being big in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 31111/28/2012

How much will the MDNA tour gross?

by Anonymousreply 31211/28/2012

she is a 1% !!!!

by Anonymousreply 31311/28/2012

Not relevant? In the last 5 years she's broken several world records.

Including Hung Up being the most sold dance single of the decade (9 million), and debuted at #1 in a record 41 countries.

These are facts.

MDNA (forget about the $$) sold close to 3 million tickets. Ask any mega-star what they'd do for those #s.

Hate the fucking bitch, but stop with the lies.

by Anonymousreply 31411/28/2012

R311 Madonna is big everywhere, you don't become the 4th biggest selling artist of all time by being local. For the record she's won five Japan Gold Disc Awards for International Artist of the Year. R314 thank you! Although you hate her, you hit the nail on the head about how people reduce to lies out of jealousy and envy to diminish Madonna's record breaking success. While the MDNA is hardly a blockbuster it is still successful ib this environment, it's among the top 10 biggest selling albums of the year worldwide and has gone gold, platinum or multiplatinum in every major music market. It's hardly the flop haters try to make it out to be, don't believe me go to the MDNA album Wikipedia page to see the records the album set around the world after debuting at #1 in over 40 countries. As for the tour the AMAZING numbers speak for themself, love her or hate her there has been no one like her in music with her longevity of 30 consecutive years at the top. Buy haters will hate.

by Anonymousreply 31511/28/2012

R312 it's projected to gross between 300-350 million with only 88 shows it's already confirmed to be the highest grossing and most attended concert tour of the year and has a very good shot to join her previous tour among the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time, reviews are mostly positive go to the Wikipedia page or Google OFFICIAL reviews and you'll see, the New York Times raved about the show. Most of the "negative" reviews are by angry little monsters who never even saw the show and are pissed Madonna is destroying Gaga on tour. Between her last 2 tours Madonna has grossed nearly 750 million and they're both the top 2 grossing tours by a female artist of all time, these numbers have far exceeded Live Nations predictions when they signed her in 2007, they were expecting numbers similar to her 2006 Confessions tour which grossed about 200 million.

by Anonymousreply 31611/28/2012

Like it or not the queen can't be dethroned. Someone greater and original can make it but all other artists are copycats of each other or from Madonna herself. Hence for 30 years no one managed to reach her level and no one will until she retires. And bitch isn't going to retire soon.

by Anonymousreply 31711/30/2012

It feels like Gaga is already over. Her peak was Bad Romance. I say this as someone who bought The Fame on it's first day of release here in Canada, where it came out a couple months before the US. I was a Gaga fan before the Little Monsters existed (not that I ever considered myself apart of that cult).

by Anonymousreply 31811/30/2012

Madonna is a trendsetting, legendary pop icon. She's not going anywhere, anytime soon. She's here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 31911/30/2012

How is she over when her born this way tour is set to gross slightly more than her previous tour? Her album may have not been universally liked but critics liked it more than her previous ones and it is the best selling album by an American artist of 2011. Last figures were around 7+ million. Hardly over.

by Anonymousreply 32011/30/2012

Madonna saved me from aids.

by Anonymousreply 32111/30/2012

R320 according to Mediatraffic the BTW album sold 5.6 million worldwide, it may have SHIPPED 7 million, but it scanned 5.6 milluin. Those numbers are good but considering how the media was hyping the shit out of her, she should have been able to sell double that, Adele sold 25 million with 21 with about 1/4 the media hype of Gaga. Another thing since the Fame every album from her has been selling less than the previous, that's not good. The Fame sold 8 mil, the Fame Monster7 mil and BTW 5.6 mil. Her Popart album will continue the downhill trend and end up with respactable sales of 3-4 million. With Madonna the opposite happened, every album sold more than the previous, the Madonna album sold 10 mil, Like a Virgin sold 21 mil, and True Blue sold 25 mil. As the 80's progressed Madonna was becoming even bigger and more iconic, that by 1987 the year of the Who's That Girl Tour, Madonna became the first solo female artist to launch a global stadium tour and sell out. It waa unheard of for a female to do that before Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 32211/30/2012

I wasn't comparing gaga to Madonna I was only replying to a post saying she's over. If we want to compare, compare her to other contemporary artists like rihanna and Katy perry. Also, you ignored the part about the tour.

by Anonymousreply 32311/30/2012

Madonna is over. Nothing posted here proves otherwise. Hopefully Lady Gaga will soon follow.

by Anonymousreply 32411/30/2012

If Madonna is over than every other over 50 performer is over, because commercially Madonna is doing better than all of them.

by Anonymousreply 32512/01/2012

Leave her alone. She needs the money to buy gloves to cover those hands. THOSE HANDS. Aiiiieee!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32612/01/2012

but at the end of the day are you a woman if you don't have a man to come home to?

by Anonymousreply 32712/01/2012

R314 Hung Up was the top selling dance song of the decade, Music from 2000 was the second top selling dance song of the decade!

by Anonymousreply 32812/01/2012

She is still the queen idiots! Only in USA does she get dissed...imagine that.

She is so loved and backed by the incredible fans in Europe and South America it's amazing. Her music is incredible. If you listen to the MDNA tracks (or any of her other tunes) on a high quality audio system, you will see what I'm talking about. There is so much going on that you cannot fully appreciate the music if you are listening on some cheap ass speakers etc. Lyrically she is awesome. Work ethic is matched by no one in the business to this day!

by Anonymousreply 32912/06/2012

Why did Madonna ever sign with Interscope in 2011?

Just buy the freakin company already and dump their roster of losing acts.

Madonna is subsidizing the majority of Interscope artists today. Lady Gaga the rest.

by Anonymousreply 33012/06/2012

Interscope

Madonna

Illuminati

High Priestess

Jay-Z

Figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 33112/06/2012

Kylie is nothing in the U.S. We know that and she knows that. She had one or two hits here, but it's not going to happen. Madonna won't even meet with her - hasn't even met her in her entire life. Madonna does not favorably view artists who try to get in her niche and steal her fanbase. Madonna is very jealous of other females and won't work or socialize with them unless absolutely necessary (i.e. potentially beneficial to her career in the movies).

by Anonymousreply 33412/09/2012

Considering the climate of today's music industry, MDNA performed respectably worldwide. Her problem is she can't pick singles anymore and it hurts her album sales. Turn Up the Radio should have been the first single. GMAYL should never have been released.

by Anonymousreply 33512/09/2012

I haven't read the entire 337 post thread so if this was already asked - sorry.

Didn't it come out recently that Vadge made less than half of what the thread title predicted?

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 33812/21/2012

(338) No, that never came out you rumour mongering buttlicking gaga monster.

by Anonymousreply 33912/21/2012

I'll fill you in. The better story is R338 never amounted to anything and when he died nobody noticed. Eventually the rotting corpse drew the attention of vultures who reluctantly forced down their meal for fear of starving

by Anonymousreply 34012/21/2012

R336 exactly but nobody will admit it! The article said her "empire" will earn $500 million, including $300 million from the tour alone which is true according to Billboard the tour grossed $240 million through mid Nov with 72 dates played, they haven't counted her final 16 dates which include her record breaking South American leg that she's on right now. When that wraps up the final gross will be around $300 milliin.

by Anonymousreply 34112/21/2012

ok , not all people like madonna , but idiots and old tarts dont have the wealth she has , as she WORKED FOR IT ALL, she isnt a princess or paris hilton.. maybe , the foul comments about her were all from guy ritchie ???? or old has-beens with really , awful, escillating cocaine addicts who just cant cope with others good fortune and hard work...???? ok britney ., cristina ?????

by Anonymousreply 34212/27/2012

Madonna proving she is still the QUEEN OF POP!! lady gaga & britney are not making $500 million! she is still on top after 30 years in the industry. most artists struggle to get 10. look at Christina Aguilera- after 14 years she has had 7 albums and half of them have flopped. and her tours have never made anywhere near £305 million like MDNA.

Madonna rules!!!

also people who say her album flopped well it still went to number 1 in the uk and on us dance charts! plus had dance chart hits and another uk top 40! every artist has to have a couple of flops especially in 30 years!

mariah last 2 have been shit and christina's last 3 have been shit along with Britney. but nobody says how their career is over and shit like that.

people are jealous of Madonna and need to grow up and realise she is the QUEEN OF POP not idiots like Lady GaGa.

by Anonymousreply 34302/03/2013

whatever you queens think in your basements, truth is truth. Where's the FlopDna troll now?

(Reuters) – Madonna was named the biggest money maker in music in 2012 on Friday, with a world tour helping her take home up to $34.6 million and highlighting the earning power of live performances as the industry increasingly goes digital.

The 54-year-old Material Girl topped Billboard Magazine’s annual list of 40 top money makers for the second time after earning an estimated $32 million – 93.5 percent of her revenue – from her 88-date “MDNA” tour, 2012′s biggest tour.

Madonna, who also led the list in 2008 due to tour income, was the only woman in the top 10 with last year’s winner, Taylor Swift, who fell to 15th place as she did not tour in 2012.

In second place in the music magazine’s list was Bruce Springsteen whose $33.4 million revenue was also primarily driven by touring, playing to sold-out stadiums and arenas.

Springsteen, who also released a No. 1 album, “Wrecking Ball,” last year, earned 92 percent of his revenue from live shows where strong merchandise sales also boosted takings.

Roger Waters, founder of Pink Floyd, came a distant third with earnings of $21 million largely from “The Wall Live” tour and Van Halen was fourth with $20 million after touring in support of their album “A Different Kind of Truth”.

“When it comes to making the biggest score, the most money always comes from high-paying live performances,” Billboard’s editorial analyst Glenn Peoples wrote in explaining the list.

“Ironically, the most popular touring artists are usually well past their peaks on the album sales charts.”

Country music veteran Kenny Chesney, the Dave Matthews Band, country’s Tim McGraw and Jason Aldean, and British band Coldplay came next on the list.

Canadian teen sensation Justin Bieber was 10th, earning almost $16 million of which about $10 million came from his sold-out “Believe” arena tour.

“The entire top 10 averaged 84.2 percent of their income from concerts, and the number would have been higher, if not for Justin Bieber’s mere 60.1 percent share at No. 10 dragging down the average,” said Billboard.

However touring was not vital for every act on the list such as Swift and Britain’s Adele.

Swift earned $12.7 million after selling the most digital tracks in 2012. She sold more than 3 million digital albums and 15.6 million digital tracks driven by her hit “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”.

Adele took the year out after having a baby but still earned nearly $14 million, putting her 11th in the rankings, due to continuing strong physical and digital sales for her album “21″.

Maroon 5, ranked 33rd in the list, took the highest share of streaming revenue which made 3.5 percent of its $7.2 million.

Billboard said streaming music online to paying customers has not caught on with older generations and was small in percentage terms but growing.

“Yet even in the coming years, as streaming services become a more important revenue source, possibly replacing digital downloads and CD sales, one thing is unlikely to change: concerts will have the greatest influence of top earners’ overall earnings,” said Peoples.

The list was compiled by Billboard editors using data for Boxscore archives of U.S. concert gross figures, Nielsen SoundScan data for sales, YouTube, and Nielsen BDS data.

The full list can be seen at billboard.com/moneymakers

(Reporting by Elaine Lies, Editing by Belinda Goldsmith)

by Anonymousreply 34402/22/2013

who the fuck did Madonna piss off? Or does LR need to retire?

by Anonymousreply 34503/01/2013

to many Gaga fans here . MADONNA IS THE QUEEN !

by Anonymousreply 34603/13/2013

MAn u people are so negative and so jealous, who among of u have made 500 mil this yeah, tell me who are judging , just common boring unknown and primitive householders, what special u have made in your life , will people even remember you at all, or better yet is anyone aware of your life at the moment.Stop being so judgmental try to evaluate your life and achieve something , and then criticize world famous multiple talented constantly stretching her potential as an artist and businesswoman ICON!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34703/23/2013

To all that dismissed this ... It is now March 26, 2013. And Madonna surpassed even these numbers.. She's officially a Billionaire.. Take that haters...LMFAO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34803/26/2013

@ reply 348, that old tired non-singing, non acting, non dancing hoe is NOT a Billionaire. Keep dreaming! The only thing that washed up cunt was good at was being a 'back therapist' and I doubt that she was even good at that.

by Anonymousreply 34904/23/2013

And to all ya bitches trying to compare this no talent skank to Mariah, there is ZERO comparison. Mariah attained her success on the strength of her voice and ability to write hit songs, but it was/is her voice that has made her the ICON that she is. No gimmicks, no media whoring, no stealing from other people and passing others peoples strides and achievements as her own. UNLIKE that stank as bitch Mashankma. She stole everything that ever made her rank ass successful. She USED Willi Ninja for his Vogue expertise by having him send her a video of himself voguing, leading him to believe she was going to hire him, only to use the tape he sent her to try and steal his moves and TRY to have other dancers recreate them. THIS SKANK BITCH HAS BEEN SCANDALOUS FROM DAY ONE. That sorry as song vogue of hers along with the video is GARBAGE. Malcolm McLaren's song 'Deep in Vogue' along with the video are TRUE representations of what Voguing are. I suggest folkz who really want to know the truth research the song and video on youtube. FUCK MADONNA AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HER FAKE FRAUD ASS.

by Anonymousreply 35004/23/2013

#thatisall

by Anonymousreply 35104/23/2013

Lick my cunt, bitches

Madonna Tops Forbes 2013 List Of The Top-Earning Celebrities

by Anonymousreply 35208/27/2013

R352 all that proves is Vadge has the DUMBEST fan base on the planet. Why those people continually pay top dollar to a talentless, desperate, manipulative, unkind, aging and mediocre-looking whore is beyond comprehension. The gays who like her are an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 35308/27/2013

R353 you are an incredibly stupid person with obivous emotional problems.

by Anonymousreply 35408/27/2013

[quote][R352] all that proves is Vadge has the DUMBEST fan base on the planet. Why those people continually pay top dollar to a talentless, desperate, manipulative, unkind, aging and mediocre-looking whore is beyond comprehension. The gays who like her are an embarrassment.

And that affects Madonna How? Do you think she cares that her fans are dumb?

Dumb fans = Rich Madonna

by Anonymousreply 35508/27/2013

R354 I'm stupid for calling out how stupid Vadge's fan base is? You guys are the ones who can't see through her trickery and low-quality music. You just keep on supporting her for no reason. I'm not sorry if I offended you for bashing your queen.

R355 she thrives off of dumb people and obviously she doesn't care. She's a very selfish, greedy woman.

by Anonymousreply 35608/27/2013

Why are Madonna's fans stupid? Because they like a performer who was been hugely successful for 30 years and, as her latest earnings figures show, still pretty much the biggest star around?

You don't actually have to like Madonna and her music yourself but you can at least allow others to without getting so hysterical. Do you think it's really just her "fan base's" supposed "stupidity" that's kept her on top for three decades or maybe, just maybe, the possibility that she does something very good that many people enjoy? And, to be on top for 30 years suggest her appeal goes beyond a fan base to a much broader public covering all sorts of demographics.

Your visceral hatred of someone you only ever see on tv suggests you have problems that go much deeper than being annoyed because you thing Madonna's music is "low quality".

By the way, if you think Madonna's fans are stupid, pray, do tell, what music do you like?

by Anonymousreply 35708/27/2013

R635 is a frustrated disappointed gaga ghoul

by Anonymousreply 35808/27/2013

Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 35908/27/2013

R353 talent and looks are a matter of personal opinion

As for her being uncaring, she talked about gay rights and even paid the medical bills for her best friend Martin Burgoyne who was dying of AIDS in 1986

Her and Sean even flew to Mexico for experimental AIDS drugs that could have prolonged his life

Madonna also held one of the first benefits concerts for AIDS research in 1987 at Madison Square Garden

Just because YOU don't like Madonna stop trying to rewrite history for your smear campaign

by Anonymousreply 36008/27/2013

R350 please! Mariah was FUCKING and eventually married the head of her record label to get her career going!

If that's not being a whore, than I don't know what is!

Mariah COULD sing and that was all she had as opposed to Madonna who's a more versatile artist and performer

Carey will probably NEVER be on the Forbes list again, because she's been flopping non stop (with the exception of The Emancipation of Mimi) since she divorced Mottola in 1997, coincidence I think not

She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called "icon"

by Anonymousreply 36108/27/2013

Madonna's MDNA album,released in 2012, sold 1.7 million worldwide. It was one of the top 20 selling albums in the world for 2012.

She's still popular worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 36208/27/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 36308/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 36408/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 36508/27/2013

Madonna's Secret Project is imminent!

We can go all over this daily AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 36608/27/2013

R362 according to the IFPI MDNA sold 1.8 million worldwide and shipped over 2 million

It was the 12th top selling album of 2012 worldwide

It was the 5th biggest selling album of the year until the 4th quarter/Christmas releases knocked it down to #12.

The Forbes article FALSELY stated that it failed to sell a million copies, when in fact it sold almost 2 million worldwide

Unless the writer is only basing it on US sales

by Anonymousreply 36708/27/2013

Madonna is irrelevant. She's an arrogant, silly old bore with nothing to add to the music scene.

by Anonymousreply 36808/27/2013

R368 yes she's so irrelevant that I have to post about her!

But she's irrelevant!

But I still have to post about her and obsess over her every move

by Anonymousreply 36908/27/2013

R368. Madonna helped CREATE the current music scene

Idiot

by Anonymousreply 37008/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 37108/27/2013

R371 oh here we go again with delusions!

I said Madonna is responsible for the current pop music scene, before Madonna if you said "pop singer" people thought of Christopher Cross or Billy Joel

After Madonna they think of a scantily clad, sexy, female singer

She was also one of the first female artists to realize she wad a "brand" and she demanded complete control of her career

She would not allow herself to be some male record company execs money machine

She called the shots and built an anazing empire due to her hard work, determination and drive

All traits that we love in man, but punish women for.

Did Madonna use sex as part of her message? Absolutely, but she used it to prove a point and as part of her performance art

What people fail to realize is that she always plays characters in her videos and concerts, like an actress playing a role in a movie

And let's not forget that she had a 10 year period from 95-05 where Madonna had major success with Evita, Ray of Light ans Music and she was asexual almost, no sexy photo shoots or images, she was one of the LEAST sexual pop stars during those years.

by Anonymousreply 37208/27/2013

"She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called 'icon'"

Really? Even in the '90s when she had all those #1 hits? That surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 37308/27/2013

Vadge never started the "scantily clad" trend. Others did it before her. Like EVERYTHING else-Vadge fucking copied the idea but got credit for it from the clueless media and fans.

Longevity does not mean the product is good. Hell, fucking Shitney Spears has been going for 14 years now and all her material sucks. Vadge's fans just have no taste and they like gimmicks to make up for weak "singing".

by Anonymousreply 37408/27/2013

"She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called 'icon'"

Yet, even at the age of 55 and after 30 years in the business, she's still the world's highest grossing entertainer, based primarily on her concert tour sales.

And, indeed, r370 is completely delusional and knows nothing about anything that was happening in the 80s and 90s. Anyone who tries to deny Madonna's huge influence over that era (and even today) really doesn't have a fucking clue what they're talking about and should not be taken seriously.

Aw, bless you r365, you're so sweet. Don't worry though, everything will be fine, try and stop crying.

by Anonymousreply 37508/27/2013

r375 - the sentence about never being able to pull in a huge touring audience that I quoted from r361 was about Mariah, not Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 37608/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 37708/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 37808/27/2013

[quote]Madonna's MDNA album,released in 2012, sold 1.7 million worldwide

Which makes it a certified bomb.

Thanks madbot.

by Anonymousreply 37908/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 38008/27/2013

Troll-dar r372, and head backwards. Madbot is as nuts as janbot.

by Anonymousreply 38108/27/2013

FARTPLOP

by Anonymousreply 38208/27/2013

Typical Madonna fan here.

Madonna's fans are losers. They're ancient queens who walk around wearing red Kabbalah string on their wrists, drink her's cult's water, wear tube tops, and actually quote her. They're a sad pathetic bunch, much like the woman herself, who is the hollowest human being on the planet.

All Madonna has in terms of a career are her tours. She's a Vegas act. She will have to sing "Like A Virgin" for the rest of her life to make money. She's irrelevant in the music industry.

Her film "W.E." made $868,439 at the box office. She spent $29 million on it.

She has nothing else. She can't sell music. Can't make movies. All she can do is make money off her past. She's as relevant as Cher, although Cher has an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 38308/27/2013

MDOA.

by Anonymousreply 38408/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 38508/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 38708/27/2013

R383 "Her film "W.E." made $868,439 at the box office. She spent $29 million on it." She could have spent 290 million on it if she wanted. She can make a hobby out of burning money if she wants. She fucking loaded. #1 on forbes celebrity list, bitches. Suck dick, break a hip, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 38808/28/2013

R386 proves yet again that Madonna bashers don't have a fucking shitty clue what they're talking about.

In which category, r385? Special effects?

by Anonymousreply 38908/28/2013

R380 and yet Madonna is the biggest selling female artist in UK chart history with more #1 singles and albums than any woman

Also Gaga has high singles sales due to the digital era, but her album sales are downright EMBARRISING

Madonna has 4 albums among the biggest selling albums of all time, with sales of 20 million or more Gaga's biggest selling album is the 8illion selling debut (dedicated to Madonna) The Fame

It's been downhill since then

by Anonymousreply 39008/28/2013

R383 and Madonna is on the Rock and Roll HOF, her first yeat eligible and Cher isn't

Your point?

By the way Cher would KILL to have a "flop" like Madonna did with MDNA

THE album sold nearly 2 million worldwide and all three singles went to #1 on the dance charts and one went top 10 and gold on the main Hot 100

Madonna also made $125 million last year, no female musical performer has ever made so much in a single year the previous record holder was Madonna herself who earned $110 million in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 39108/28/2013

R388 exactly in addition to being the biggest selling female act of all time and highest grossing solo touring act of all time, Madonna was also confirmed by Forbes a few years back as the richest female recording act of all time

U mad?

by Anonymousreply 39208/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 39308/28/2013

[quote]$60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

According to Forbes Madonna's perfume wasn't even in the top 10 in sales in 2012 but guess whose was? Gaga!

by Anonymousreply 39408/28/2013

R367 Oh great! It did hit 1.8 million!

R379 Err,no,it doesn't. Sales have dropped for everyone. MDNA was the 12th best selling album IN THE WORLD for 2012.

by Anonymousreply 39508/28/2013

lmao Vadge stans are pathetic. No one gives a fuck if Vadge has the most #1 singles and albums in the fucking UK. The US market is the biggest and most important one. Also, no one cares that Vadge has the most #1 dance hits. That's only important for dance acts who can't get mainstream hits. Vadge's MDNA album FLOPPED. Her last 2 singles didn't even chart in the hot 100.

by Anonymousreply 39608/28/2013

R396 and in the US Madonna is the #2 most successful artist of all time behind the Beatles on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart

She has 38 top 10 singles, more than ANY artist in history on the Billboard US singles chart

She was also the top selling singles sales artist of the 2000s on the Billboard Singles sales chart in the US, with NINE number ones just in the 2000s

That's right in the 2000s, Madonna sold more singles than ANYONE in the US

an unheard of acheivement for an artist that started out in the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 39708/28/2013

Rolling Stones magazine. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 39808/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 39908/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 40008/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 40108/28/2013

R394 that perfume list wasn't based on PURE sales, it was based on a number of things including Forbes editors picks.

Madonna has a WHOLE clothing line and health and Beauty line sold exclusively at Macy's that expands every year due to high sales

Madonna also has her own sneakers coming out as well as her Hard Candy chain of gyms that is set to open (finally) in the US next year

Last week another gym opened in Italy, where Madonna was SWARMED by fans

There is a reason that Madonna made $125 mil last year, while Gaga made $80 mil.

by Anonymousreply 40208/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 40308/28/2013

R403, Lady Gaga is boring and her music is pretty crappy.

by Anonymousreply 40408/29/2013

R404 Vadge is a greedy, narcissistic, unkind bitch who has sucky music and rips off fans with her horrible concerts.

by Anonymousreply 40508/29/2013

You are all harsh

by Anonymousreply 40610/09/2013

How much money is enough? For an entertainer with marginal talent, she's done very, very well. Why push it?

What she does is the titillating sex thang. When will she know it's time to stop? At least from the stage?

by Anonymousreply 40710/09/2013

So she's rich. Who doesn't know that? And why should anybody give a rat's ass about it?

by Anonymousreply 40810/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 40910/09/2013

She's going to need that money to keep paying for those young boys who are her "boyfriends". Live-in escorts aren't cheap, hunties.

by Anonymousreply 41010/09/2013

Vadge probably wants to be the richest woman on Earth too. Everything is a competition with her because she's just SO insecure.

by Anonymousreply 41110/10/2013

[quote]She's going to need that money to keep paying for those young boys who are her "boyfriends". Live-in escorts aren't cheap, hunties.

Don't forget money for the plastic surgeries and fillers.

[quote]Vadge probably wants to be the richest woman on Earth too. Everything is a competition with her because she's just SO insecure.

I've noticed that too. When you're still trying to "compete" and prove something at 55, you obviously are not happy with you're life and are insecure. And sadly for her, she will never be anywhere close to the richest woman on earth. There are 138 female billionaires in the world, and Vadge is not even close to being a billionaire. Even though she hundreds of millions of dollars, it probably still isn't enough for the greedy old cunt and drives her crazy so many others are ahead of her.

by Anonymousreply 41210/10/2013

but im on the bread line

by Anonymousreply 41310/20/2013

For fuck's sake-she should start spending more on her messed up and bloated face then. We know she can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 41410/20/2013

So many haters out there! The cold hard facts is that Madonna has provided for her children and their families for generations to come the best way she can. Like her or not, at least recognize that most people in the world would do anything to accomplish the same thing, but can't! And remember nothing was given to her, she made her own way on her own terms. That must be killing all her haters knowing she is laughing her way to the bank, oh wait she has people to do that for her!

by Anonymousreply 41511/03/2013

I think all those figures are gross, not net. Like, she's not pocketing $500mil. Rather, that's the total amount of gross sales for each piece of her economy.

by Anonymousreply 41611/03/2013

R415 "the best way she can" yes by being a lying, stealing, trifling, fraudulent whore. She literally faked it until she made it as there's not much talent or beauty there. Her personality is and always has been atrocious. Who cares if she made a lot of money? She's a selfish greedy bitch who is still miserable despite all her success.

by Anonymousreply 41711/03/2013

R415, who the fuck told you she's providing for her children and their families for generations to come?

I'll be surprised if the nasty old whore doesn't cut them all off in a fit of jealous, spiteful, narcissistic rage. She'll probably leave it all to those "Kaballah" con-artists.

by Anonymousreply 41811/03/2013

Madonna Tops Forbes' World's Highest Paid Musicians 2013 List

According to Forbes' latest roundup, Madonna made a whopping $125 million in 2013.

"The bulk of Madge’s millions this year come from the tail end of her MDNA Tour, which grossed $305 million," explains Forbes. Add to that heavy "merchandise sales at concerts as well as her Material Girl clothing line and Truth or Dare fragrance," and you've got a clear winner.

Her runner-up, Lady Gaga, trails behind with a "mere" $80 million. The tour she cut short due to her injury, explains Forbes, still grossed $168 million.

Bon Jovi lands in third place with a close $79 million. "All in all, the group earned more than Kanye West, Skrillex and Carrie Underwood," Forbes noted, in what might make little sense to anyone born after 1990.

by Anonymousreply 41911/20/2013

R419 there seems to be an endless supply of stupid gays around the world who have no problem giving this wicked, talentless demon money. I hate those gays and they are an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 42011/20/2013

[quote]Madonna has a WHOLE clothing line and health and Beauty line sold exclusively at Macy's that expands every year due to high sales

Seriously? I've never heard a thing about it. Granted, I'm not much of a Macy's shopper but if Madge had such a huge clothing, health and beauty line, I think I would have heard of it before now. I had heard that she wanted to open a chain of gyms and there were some difficulties.

by Anonymousreply 42111/20/2013

What is wrong with these gays who still support her financially? She's talentless and horrible.

by Anonymousreply 42211/20/2013

The queen is reigning! Please stop the hate. Madonna is on top because she's a savvy business woman and has talent. Get in line, take a seat and take note on how this is done, children.

by Anonymousreply 42311/20/2013

[R-423] Madonna only cares about receiving your goddamned money and obsequious praise. She's really laughing at you and your fellow fawning queens. She could give a damn. You're nothing but a glorified ATM. Earning millions and being a "savvy businesswoman" does not make her a better person, it just makes her despicable, aging, dried up cunt because she is all about herself.

by Anonymousreply 42411/20/2013

exactly R424 on top of having no talent, no beauty or no charisma, this woman is just a mean-spirited, selfish, greedy and miserable being. It's beyond comprehension why the idiot sector within the international gay community keeps putting her up on some goddess pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 42511/20/2013

[R-424 and R-425] I do NOT care what Madonna thinks of me. She is a wonderful artist and has demonstrated great compassion towards causes that are meaningful to me. She owes me NOTHING but what I want out of the transaction--her fearless artistic sensibility!

I can't speak to what she does in her private life nor do I care--- to the extent that it is none of my concern. When you point the finger you have four coming back at you.

I happen to relish the opportunity to be entertained by her and that comes with a price that I am happily willing to pay. I appreciate her business acumen and others could learn something from her abilities.

I am a Madonna FANatic and very proud of it. If that makes me an idiot in a stranger's eyes- so be it. We all age and I think the alternative will come soon enough for all of us. She's placed on a pedestal because she's earned it. If you don't like it, you know what you can do.

by Anonymousreply 42611/22/2013

R426 yes it does make you an idiot to people who have common sense and good taste.

This woman has not earned to be put on a pedestal-no celebrity has but certainly not a thief like her. That "fearless artistic sensibility" you rave about is really Madonna copying the work of real artists and calling it her own. She's a sham and a fraud. We can call her a con artist-that's the only kind of artist she has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 42711/22/2013

r426 to quote a line from guy richie's film 'take your tongue out her arse'.

"She is a wonderful artist and has demonstrated great compassion towards causes that are meaningful to me."

The artist bit is subjective. Apparently Damien Hurst is an artist because he cut a shark in half and stored it in formaldehyde in a tank. If I shat on a plate and said it represented the capitalist greed of society conbined with the hopelessness of today's youth - some idiot would celebrate it and call it art. Does not make it good OR art.

The compassion bit is all part of the savvy businesswoman, that you admit she is, rather than her being an empathetic human being.

Rather than celebrate the bitch because she is making tonnes of money, perhaps you can conider HOW she made her money - exploiting taboo's to keep herself in the limelight once her crotch grabbing wore thin.

Everything she does is entirely calculated by a savvy businesswoman and making a lot of money does not change that. People like you cannot see behind the very thin veil and admit what she is. The issue for the posters is not the money she has made but the contrived and deliberate exploitation of causes for her own ends.

If she donates $1m to an orphanage but gets $5m in merchandise and records sales back because idiots like you think she is a good person and go out to buy more of her products, if you change the word 'donate' to investment, she has just made a 500% return.

THAT is a savvy business woman.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 42811/22/2013

Preach it R428 . The only thing you missed is her documented history of thievery from others' works.

by Anonymousreply 42911/22/2013

r429 - Thank you, I stand corrected ;)

by Anonymousreply 43011/22/2013

and yet all the money in the world can't stop her from aging, or her face becoming increasingly distorted.

by Anonymousreply 43111/23/2013

It heartens me to see that you recognize her undeniable business success, which happens to be art, defies what any naysayers can throw her way.

She works hard to give millions of adoring fans unbelievable performances and has gift of interpreting artistic trends and bringing it to the masses with her own flare. Her record speaks for itself and she's obviously not in need of your adulation. In fact the vitriol that people like you have for her propels artists of her ilk forward. Your inability to acknowledge her artistic fearlessness is necessary for her success and development.

I am certain given her voluminous artistic offerings you have plenty of reasons to feel disgruntled. Fact is she's the QUEEN of her art form, like it or not. There are very few artist that have the longevity and diversity of Madonna. I am humbled by her success, daring personality and remain devoted to what she represents.

by Anonymousreply 43211/23/2013

R432 stolen art! Have a look at Vadge's LONG list of ripping off people:

by Anonymousreply 43311/23/2013

All I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs.

Money on my mind, money money on my mind.

Pour it up, pour it up......

by Anonymousreply 43412/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.