Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mitt Romney Addresses Gay Marriage, Religion In Liberty University Commencement Address

Video:

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012

Ugh, I don't have the heart to watch it.

Someone who can, please tell us just how bad it was.

by Anonymousreply 105/12/2012

Back in the early 210th century, did Presidential hopefuls campaign against blacks and Jews?

by Anonymousreply 205/12/2012

He was speaking at Liberty University. When he said "marriage is between one man and one woman," he got a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 305/12/2012

R1. The video clip is only about a half-minute:

Romney stood on stage in his honarary cap and gown and said, "Marriage is between one man and one woman."

And then the entire stadium including the school administartion on stage gave him a standing ovation. It was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 405/12/2012

[quote]Someone who can, please tell us just how bad it was.

"The world is flat, Jesus rode dinosaurs, Global-warming is a myth, homos should be stoned, teh bible supersedes the constitution and you religious kooks are the future! Now, do I have your vote???"

by Anonymousreply 505/12/2012

20th century...

by Anonymousreply 605/12/2012

The Jews are not to be trusted!

by Anonymousreply 805/12/2012

Why didn't he try to convert all those Christians to the True Light of Mormonism?

by Anonymousreply 905/12/2012

R7. We will work, donate and vote to defeat Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1005/12/2012

Under Bush, wasn't the Justice Dept. infested with grads from that dumbass factory or was it some other Evangelical idiot school?

by Anonymousreply 1105/12/2012

He is on the wrong side of history.

by Anonymousreply 1305/12/2012

Yesterday's Man.

by Anonymousreply 1405/12/2012

I would really love to read a campaign speech from an early Presidential campaign hopeful who supproted slavery, or was an opressive asshole. It seems that gays are the only ones who get attacks by these Presidentuial assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1505/12/2012

[quote]He is on the wrong side of history.

Not if Texas is allowed to rewrite it in the textbooks.

by Anonymousreply 1605/12/2012

ri Me neither. I can't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1705/12/2012

Romney took the bait and is polarizing himself.

Obama should easily win both houses in November.

by Anonymousreply 1805/12/2012

How pathetic that Romney felt he had to fellate the legacy of Jerry Falwell to be competitive.

by Anonymousreply 1905/12/2012

"Back in the early 20th century, did Presidential hopefuls campaign against blacks and Jews?"

They did so even in the late 20th century - not openly, but with winks and nods. Google "southern strategy"

by Anonymousreply 2005/12/2012

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

by Anonymousreply 2105/12/2012

The gays are always so creative.

by Anonymousreply 2205/12/2012

Romney will have no choice but to polarize himself if he wants to win those evangelicals. Here are my predictions:

1. Something will come out before the convention about Romney and his Mormonism. He gave sermons in a megachurch, for heaven's sake. Perhaps a tape with something that will make evangelicals very nervous (ie, Mittens talking about Jesus and his brother Satan). With luck, by October Romney will make the pope sound like a New Age believer.

2. There is more coming on Romney's schooldays. I have a hunch we will find out about college and learn that Mittens was a nasty piece of work back then.

3. The Swiss banks accounts--load, ready, aim. The finances of Romney will surface before the campaign begins.

Yes, Liberty and Oral Roberts is where all these loons went to "law school." As a rule I detest the academic trolls here, but on this one I concede ground. Let me get this straight. You can work in government with a degree from Georgetown or Columbia, or Liberty or Oral Roberts?

I actually know someone who went to Oral Roberts. Deeply repressed lesbian whose best friend was an adorable evangelical I had a fling with--until I realized it was way to much drama for me to deal with on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 2305/12/2012

"The diseased white in him won"

by Anonymousreply 2405/12/2012

It's Pat Robertson's law school that is pushing all its grads in jobs at federal agencies.

by Anonymousreply 2505/13/2012

Try 1988, R2.

by Anonymousreply 2605/13/2012

[quote]It's Pat Robertson's law school that is pushing all its grads in jobs at federal agencies.

I have a tinhat theory that the reason why the school education system has become so bad is becausse those right wing guys like Robertson want their own plants / students to have a sure way to get those high profile jobs and political positions where they can implement laws that suit the right wing agenda.

by Anonymousreply 2705/13/2012

Not bad theory

by Anonymousreply 2805/13/2012

It's not a tinhat theory. It's an actual happening. The graduates move from Virginia Beach to DC where they apply to every government agency that has any type of opening.

by Anonymousreply 2905/13/2012

[quote]It's not a tinhat theory. It's an actual happening. The graduates move from Virginia Beach to DC where they apply to every government agency that has any type of opening.

It's actually worse than that.

What people don't understand is that a number of them go all Manchurian Candidate, and transfer out of Liberty and the other fundie schools. They go back to their home states and get their degree there. They take just enough courses there to graduate.

That way when they run for elected office down the road, their bio says University of Nebraska or whatever, and the voters think they're just good old boys who love their Cornhusker football.

by Anonymousreply 3005/13/2012

Obama should easily win both houses in November

I read that as "Obama should easily win bath houses in November"

by Anonymousreply 3105/13/2012

I find it touching that Christians of differing beliefs can find common ground in hate. So Christlike.

by Anonymousreply 3205/13/2012

rt

by Anonymousreply 3305/13/2012

"He gave sermons in a megachurch, for heaven's sake. Perhaps a tape with something that will make evangelicals very nervous (ie, Mittens talking about Jesus and his brother Satan)."

Republicans, especially Evangelicals, have the ability to twist themselves into pretzels better than a Chinese acrobat. By election day they'll be telling themselves (and anyone who will listen) The Mormon Church is better than Catholicism, Judaism and Islam. They're already there on the last two.

by Anonymousreply 3405/13/2012

I hope this doesn't backfire on Obama, with this clip, the common people stating that Obama did it for political points and the Newsweek cover calling Obama the first Gay President (actually that was Lincoln)... will Obama lose to Mitt over this?

by Anonymousreply 3505/13/2012

Yellow journalism is alive and well...

YIKES!!!

by Anonymousreply 3605/13/2012

Funny Romney is speaking at Bible-centric Liberty U. The Mormons don't believe or read from the same Bible. They have their own Book of Mormon. Like the Muslims have their version....the Koran. Like the Jews have their version....the Torah. The Christian fundamentalists are rabid when they jump on others who don't read from their Bible.....are they making an exception for Mitt?

by Anonymousreply 3705/13/2012

He's wH-yte, R37!

Good'nuf for us REAL bible folk'

by Anonymousreply 3805/14/2012

I wonder what it's like to get that acceptance letter to LU. Are the parents REALLY proud that their child will enter an institution that prides itself on regressive learning?

by Anonymousreply 3905/14/2012

He should've come out on stage riding a dinosaur.

by Anonymousreply 4005/14/2012

Damn

by Anonymousreply 4105/14/2012

Oh aren't you so PRECIOUS, r42...

This wasn't free speech - this was his POLICY.

by Anonymousreply 4311/18/2012

It's not a question of belief. When he says marriage is between one man and one woman he is perpetrating a historical, and also an ethical, and also a factual lie.

The idea that marriage is between one man and one woman is relatively new. Ancient societies were mainly polygamous and not a few of them (even Christian ones) had same sex unions too.

It is an ethical lie of course because marriage predates all religion and there is no Christian, still less any Mormon, theology that would justify this position.

And finally it's a factual lie in that the country is chock full of gay marriages. That he doesn't recognize them or wants to pretend they are some way inferior does not change the fact that he's lying about their existence.

by Anonymousreply 4411/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.