Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chloe Sevigny

Could someone please explain her appeal? She looks like Thomas Jefferson.

by Anonymousreply 8103/12/2015

Well he was pretty great, OP. Not in the looks dept, perhaps....

by Anonymousreply 105/11/2012

She is a great actress, I always like watching her.

by Anonymousreply 205/11/2012

She's only done one film in which I've actually enjoyed her: The Last Days of Disco.

Otherwise, I find it hard to think of her as being anything else than a pretentious BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 305/11/2012

It's Chlo-ay Seven-ee

by Anonymousreply 405/11/2012

I think she seems spoiled and icy-looking, with a honker that could level Tacoma.

by Anonymousreply 505/11/2012

Made weird chipmunk noises while blowing the guy in Brown Bunny.

Has a large and very distracting mole on her breast.

by Anonymousreply 605/11/2012

She is one of the worst dressers in Hollywood, and I can't tell whether or not she does it on purpose. But I like her attitude.

Loved her in Big Love. Always at the edge of complete overacting, but never quite fell over.

by Anonymousreply 805/11/2012

She does dress that way on purpose. In fact, she has her own fashion line.

by Anonymousreply 905/11/2012

OP made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1005/11/2012

Her big break was in that disgusting, disturbing, allegedly-real film "Kids".

She was the stupid whore who was raped at the end while passed out.

Being raped in a movie usually makes someone a star.

by Anonymousreply 1105/11/2012

[quote]Being raped in a movie usually makes someone a star.

You got that right!

by Anonymousreply 1205/11/2012

[quote]Being raped in a movie usually makes someone a star.

[quote]You got that right!

Not always, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2012

She sucked a guy's dick on camera.

She's no better than Kim Kardashian or Jenna Jameson.

by Anonymousreply 1405/11/2012

It has recently come to attention that she loves to-ast.

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2012

She looks like a demented Pilgrim.

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2012

She was pretty when she was young.

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2012

LDOD had the scumptious Matt Keeslar so cannot be all bad. I also like Chloe

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2012

She likes toast.

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2012

She looked hot as a butch lesbian in If These Walls Could Talk II.

But I love butch women...

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2012

Yeah, she and Michelle Williams had hot chemistry in that, R21.

by Anonymousreply 2205/11/2012

Loved her in Big Love.

by Anonymousreply 2405/11/2012

I think she's both homely and dull as dishwater onscreen. I don't get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 2505/11/2012

She always plays the same character, but she plays it well. Or maybe she gets typecast.

The East Village hipster thing... she is a bit too old for it, frankly.

Here's a video of Sevigny giving a tour of her closet:

by Anonymousreply 2605/11/2012

"I hope that bitch dies of tit cancer"

Hope you cunt will die of dick cancer.

by Anonymousreply 2705/11/2012

She was the original "one note".

by Anonymousreply 2805/12/2012

She has a fantastic, hot body. You probably have to read the right magazines or listen to certain bands to develop an appreciation for her face.

by Anonymousreply 2905/12/2012

I love when gay men decide that a woman is "unappealing". You guys have so much credibility in these matters. Also, if Thomas Jefferson resembled Chloe Sevigny, there would be a lot more demand for naked pictures of him.

by Anonymousreply 3005/12/2012

[quote]You probably have to read the right magazines or listen to certain bands to develop an appreciation for her face.

You probably have to be Chloe Sevigny to understand the meaning of this sentence.

by Anonymousreply 3105/12/2012

Those Chloe parody videos are a riot.

by Anonymousreply 3205/12/2012

I've seen her in every movie mentioned above (except Brown Bunny. Vincent Gallo? Yuck!), and she never made much of an impression.

Since the first season of Big Love I've adored her. That character was an amazing mix of bitchy and vulnerable and bitterly funny and I couldn't get enough of her and her farm-wife fashion sense.

by Anonymousreply 3305/12/2012

Speaking of... an interview in The Guardian.

[italic]When were you happiest? Last time I was on the dance floor – in Manchester a few weeks ago.

What is your greatest fear? Something happening to my mother.

What is your earliest memory? Being in the front yard, playing with violets, and my mother saying they were her mother's favourite flower. I would have been four or five.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My impatience.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lying.

What is your most treasured possession? A St Christopher charm that my (late) father wore every day.

What makes you unhappy? My insecurities.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose? Manners.

What is your favourite smell? Popcorn.

What is the worst thing anyone's said to you? I was in a relationship with somebody who recounted that someone had said of me, "She has a great body, but the face not so much." That was it.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? Vintage clothing.

What do you owe your parents? Being grounded. My sense of self.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why? To my brother Paul, for certain misunderstandings.

What or who is the love of your life? Other than my dad, there was a boy, but he is not in my life any more.

What does love feel like? Very painful.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party? Nico, so I could admire her beauty. Marlene Dietrich for her wit. Mia Farrow for her grace. Dorothy Parker for entertainment. I'd keep it all girls.

What is the worst job you've done? I worked for a tout, and had to sit outside Madison Square Garden all night, waiting to buy tickets for Janet Jackson or something.

If you could go back in time, where would you go? New York at the turn of the century: such an exciting time with all the immigration and industrialisation.

How do you relax? Sitting in the park, people-watching.

How often do you have sex? I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, so not enough.

What is the closest you've come to death? Sailing through the eye of a hurricane on the Atlantic Ocean six years ago.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life? A man.

What keeps you awake at night? Worrying about the future.

What song would you like played at your funeral? Ave Maria – I was raised Catholic.

How would you like to be remembered? As generous.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you? Not to take it so seriously.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 3405/12/2012

Ended up once at a Hollywood party (well, Echo Park), for Beachwood Sparks, the band. Gallo and Sevigny were there. Gallo was totally sober, laid back, warm and friendly with everybody, hanging out by the keg! Not desperate, not on the make, like a good humored big brother. I mean, eye contact and warm, non-phoney, almost humble smiles to people who recognized them. Sevigny wore no makeup, appeared smiley, maybe a little stoned, nothing more, and looked good in an I don't care way. As friendly with people as Gallo. If she were not famous, she would still have lots of admirers - interesting-seeming, not totally depending on her looks, but she could. Killer legs. That encounter forced me to reconsider publicity, rumors and gossip. Nothing I read about either of them prepared me for the reality (that time).

by Anonymousreply 3505/12/2012

more like Benjamin Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 3605/12/2012

Heard a nearly exactly opposite experience with her at a party from a friend, so bizarre and introverted and mute that she seemed brain damaged.

by Anonymousreply 3705/12/2012

I can't stand Sevigny, she's fugly and stupid.

Those parody videos are hilarious. Bar-buh-kwa and to-ast.

by Anonymousreply 3805/12/2012

Chole is ho'ey

Remember the time Isabel Sanford went out on strike because she thought gay Sherman was getting to much of the fame?

by Anonymousreply 3905/12/2012

[quote]Her big break was in that disgusting, disturbing, allegedly-real film "Kids".

That was also Rosario Dawson's big break. Weird how that movie produced two semi successful actresses. It didn't do much for anybody else in the film.

by Anonymousreply 4005/12/2012

Marlene Dietrich known for her wit? I'd invite Coral Browne...

by Anonymousreply 4105/12/2012

MUCH better looking in person. Seen her out in NY several times. Head-turning good looks. The camera does not love her.

Her Oscar dress when she was nominated is one of the best ever. She really looked like she was going to be a movie star.

Acting-wise, she is hit or miss to me.

by Anonymousreply 4205/12/2012

I like her in "American Psycho" and she seems like a good gal. I saw Gallo while out running down the West Side Highway, he seems cool, too, and maybe bi bi??

by Anonymousreply 4305/12/2012

She looks like Thomas Jefferson?

Well, she sucked MY dicklaration of independence.

by Anonymousreply 4405/12/2012

If I recall correctly Gallo has talked about having sex for money when he first came to New York. Don't think he was very specific about it. Separately, he had that whole performance art thing going on where he was offering to inseminate women for 50 grand.

by Anonymousreply 4505/12/2012

I heard a weird theory about 'the penis'. Awesome French director Claire Denis claims Gallo stole a $40,000 rubber penis, a prop made while shooting 'Trouble Every Day', a cannibal thriller in which Gallo played a lead role. The theory was the prop reappeared in the blow job scene in 'The Brown Bunny'. You never do see it attached at the base.

by Anonymousreply 4605/12/2012

Big ones

by Anonymousreply 4705/13/2012

Gallo also dated PJ Harvey

by Anonymousreply 4805/13/2012

She's one of my favourites. Loved her in Big Love, Boys Don't Cry, Disco... Really looking forward to this new Paul Abbott series Hit & Miss where I guess she plays a transgendered Irish gangster or hit woman. Starts in the UK next week. Looks really good.

She's not like anybody else that's why some people don't get it. There is no template. I like that she can be so brittle and hard, vulnerable w/o being weak, sensual and attractive as required. I'll watch anything she's in.

by Anonymousreply 4905/13/2012

I love her. She's hot. Douchey queens...

by Anonymousreply 5005/13/2012

she has a body to die for and i like her slightly 'different' face. she has a wide range of looks, and can sometimes appear ugly and sometimes gorgeous. perfect for an actress...

by Anonymousreply 5105/13/2012

$40K for a rubber dick? Jesus, they could have gotten one from Manhunt for about 8 bucks (plus S/H).

by Anonymousreply 5205/13/2012

I thought the dick scandal in Bunny was that some guy came forward and made a fuss that he was the "stunt cock" in that scene and wanted credit for it?

by Anonymousreply 5305/13/2012

Really great in Big Love. Cast completely against her usual type but she owned that show playing the most complex character.

by Anonymousreply 5405/13/2012

I love her too. AND I love the parodies.

It's a shame she doesn't parody that drag queen parodying her. As I understand, she's not too fond of the videos.

by Anonymousreply 5505/13/2012

I like her. She does a lot of different, difficult roles that most actresses can't or won't do. I could see future audiences being interested in her and the films she has been in, when all of the bland hot ones of the moment are forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 5605/13/2012

OP, this thread title makes me laugh every time I see it and I don't even know if you meant it to be funny .

by Anonymousreply 5705/14/2012

"I think Donald Duck is sexy."

by Anonymousreply 5805/14/2012

I thought she was wonderful in "Last Days of Disco" with Kate Beckinsale.

by Anonymousreply 5905/14/2012

She looks pregnant here, but there are some other recent photos where she doesn't. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 6008/01/2012

I've always liked her, and she does have a hot body. She did a fully nude pictorial that you can see online, and there's a lot of pictures of her in bikinis. I was surprised to see that she maintains a fit body, living in NYC, which isn't the most fitness-minded, body-baring place.

I also loved her in Last Days of Disco. She and Kate Beckinsale are the best ones in the film, but Chloe is the real storyline.

Also, she was great on Will and Grace, as the trophy lesbian girlfriend of Edie Falco.

by Anonymousreply 6108/01/2012

I worked on the crew of The Last Days of Disco in 1997 and she was an absolute cunt on set the entire time. Everyone loathed her.

by Anonymousreply 6208/01/2012

I thougt she should have had the Oscar f "Boys Don't Cry" and she was brilliant as Nikki on "Big Love." That said, I can see how she might not be to everyone's taste.

by Anonymousreply 6308/01/2012

She looks really pretty here, right at 1:42

by Anonymousreply 6408/01/2012

Ugly American cow.

by Anonymousreply 6508/01/2012

I wonder if she insisted on doing an (awful) Irish accent on her new show. Typical actor arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 6608/01/2012

Her guest spot, as one half of the lipstick lez real estate team, on Will and Grace was funny.

by Anonymousreply 6708/01/2012

At least she loves toast!

by Anonymousreply 6808/01/2012

"Well he was pretty great, OP. Not in the looks dept, perhaps...."

In my opinion, judging from paintings and sculptures of Jefferson, he was a tall, handsome man. Sevigny looks nothing like him. It's bizarre to say she does. She's always had a druggy, white-trash look that I've never found attractive.

"That was also Rosario Dawson's big break. Weird how that movie produced two semi successful actresses. It didn't do much for anybody else in the film."

I remember Dawson in that movie. She and her very young teenage girlfriends were talking about what they liked to do during sex. I remember her talking about liking to get her "titties" sucked. Yech! That movie was one of the most revolting things I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 6908/01/2012

Klo E. Seven E.

by Anonymousreply 7008/01/2012

Chloe does some of her best work in this music video for "I Feel Like The Mother Of The World" by the band Smog.

by Anonymousreply 7108/01/2012

She's like Leelee Sobieski in that she proves that anyone, regardless of lack of looks, talent and charisma, can be something of a star.

by Anonymousreply 7208/01/2012

And as we all know dyke R30, Chloe always shows up on Maxim's Hot 100. She has about as much appeal to straight guys as Shelley Duvall did.

by Anonymousreply 7308/01/2012

She gets a free pass for doing "The last days of disco" with Kate Beckensale. A favorite movie of mine.

by Anonymousreply 7408/01/2012

She was TERRIBLE in American Psycho. I kept waiting for a reveal that showed all of it was just a twisted fantasy happening behind her dead eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7508/01/2012

She has just been cast to play a cop in another American adaptation of a Danish TV show. A cop?!!!

by Anonymousreply 7612/30/2012

R73 lol, no shit right.. i just think she's lucky to have sucked gallo's nice cock

by Anonymousreply 7706/12/2013

Love her on Big Love, especially in scenes with Ginny Goodwin.

by Anonymousreply 7806/12/2013

[quote]She has just been cast to play a cop in another American adaptation of a Danish TV show. A cop?!!!

I'm liking Those Who Kill quite a lot, although the first episode felt like too much was crammed into too few minutes. I had a feeling that some scenes were left out of the final cut.

I think Chloe's pretty much flawless as the damaged cop hunting serial killers. She has great presence.

by Anonymousreply 7903/17/2014

Honestly- I've seen the occasional reference to her and I thought she was a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 8003/17/2014

At least Chloe never became an A list star. This is a person who likes to work.

by Anonymousreply 8103/12/2015
Need more help? Click Here.