Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oprah may go broke!!

Winfrey loses $330 million on OWN network.

by Anonymousreply 19401/19/2015

You can bet she doesn't have a single penny of her own money wrapped up in this disaster. Her fortune will be fine. It's all the investors who sunk money into that hellhole who will be hurt.

by Anonymousreply 105/07/2012

Oprah has more money than God. Even if she was personally liable for that $330 million (which she isn't) it would not be a huge loss to her.

by Anonymousreply 205/07/2012

I think you're wrong R1. While she may have had investors, I believe a huge portion of her fortune has gone into it.

by Anonymousreply 305/07/2012

OWN is really a good network. Her Master Class series is fascinating and quite interesting. Oprah is a terrific interviewer. I hope people find it. This is one network that shouldn't die.

Does everything have to be crap reality TV? Watch OWN.

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2012

[quote] Oprah may go broke!!

Even if I wiped my ass with $100 bills for the rest of my life, I wouldn't go broke.

Chew on that, muthafuckas!

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2012

Maybe she'll go to law school now and really make a difference in the world.

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2012

If only..... what will Scientology do for money then?

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2012

She probably used the money from her Angel Network to funk OWN.

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2012

She has $0.00 money in here - Discovery put all the money

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2012

Remember Oprah put her money into Oxgen. After that failed and when Discovery came to her. The agrreement was that she would program it and lend her name to it, but none of her own funds would be used.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2012

If private money funded OWN, then Oprah Winfrey is about to have her a^ss sued off for about $330 million plus interest and hefty legal fees.

You can't lose this amount of money and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2012

I love the Master Class series, but Oprah is not a good interviewer at all. She makes every interview I have seen thus far about herself and not the interviewee.

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2012

I remember reading that Oprah made $1 million a DAY. So $330 million is less than a year's salary for her. Boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2012

How long can she rely on outside investors when the project is bleeding money? Who is going to want to throw even more money at this turkey? Would not be surprised if at some point she'll have to sink some of her own capital into it if she wants to keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2012

no wonder she made Gayle get a day job.

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2012

[quote]She makes every interview I have seen thus far about herself and not the interviewee.

Sounds like every conversation I've ever had with another human being.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2012

She won't go broke, but she has definitely lost credibility, and her star power is severely tarnished.

She'll never work in this town again.

by Anonymousreply 1805/07/2012

Are you serious r5? Oprah IS reality tv. She doesn't specialize in idiots behaving badly anymore but she got her start there along with every other trash talk daytime shows. She found a niche with transforming her show into less trash and more inspirational but she over reached with her OWN network in an over saturated market she helped create herself.

She is smart so I doubt she'll lose much but dumb investors who banked on a tired brand will.

by Anonymousreply 1905/07/2012

Oprah needs to go to law school.

by Anonymousreply 2005/07/2012

She has a 2.7 billion dollar net worth.

by Anonymousreply 2105/07/2012

[quote] She has a 2.7 billion dollar net worth.

And that's exactly how we're going to get back every penny that we ever lost on this OWN turd.

by Anonymousreply 2205/07/2012

Discovery Networks took over control of OWN months ago. They got rid of most of her show ideas and are programming everything now. Oprah is just a spokesperson for the network with ever decreasing power.

by Anonymousreply 2305/07/2012

Yeah, she's bad business / box office poison now. And you just know that this reputation hurts her and her ego more than the money lost in that media venture being hers.

by Anonymousreply 2405/07/2012

Do you think that her Hollywood "friends" shun her at parties now?

It's like, "Hi, Julia!" and "Hi, John Travolta!" as they turn their backs and quickly make an exit. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

What a loser Oprah has become.

by Anonymousreply 2505/07/2012

Serves 'em right for cancelling Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag. Only thing I ever watched on OWN, so of course they've dropped it.

Just checked the schedule for "Master Class" & only 2 of the subjects sound interesting to me (Ted Turner & Sidney Poitier) -- both of those episodes have already aired & I probably won't bother trying to find them being rerun.

by Anonymousreply 2605/07/2012

Oh please, someone with money like that -- and the consequent borrowing power - will always be popular on Broadway and in Hollywood. I do wonder, tho, why she sold her River House apt.? (Gayle Williams is living there.)

by Anonymousreply 2705/07/2012

She'll become Brokrah.

by Anonymousreply 2805/07/2012

I enjoy Master Class, Visionaries, and Super Soul Sundays on OWN. I also like the idea of the Life Class and the Money Class and such, but I don't know if they lived up to the potential. I think OWN could be a great network with a focus on personal development and raising social consciousness with some spiritual and metaphysical aspects (i.e. NOT religious). That sounds hokey, but really there's nothing like that on TV, which is sad considering there's hundreds of channels devoted to everything else under the sun. We don't need another TLC or A&E that are now just a bunch of ridiculous reality shows, but unfortunately that's probably what OWN will become. Oprah does have a big ego, but she also seems to have good intentions and I wish more media moguls had that.

by Anonymousreply 2905/07/2012

R6 has the definitive post on this thread.

Ths thread is now closed.

by Anonymousreply 3005/07/2012

[quote]While Oprah does not have a personal financial stake in the company, it is still undoubtedly a black eye for her.

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2012

She's going to have to move in with the Octomom!

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2012

Oprah is over with her core demographic if the comments on this article are to be believed. Wow.

You thought DL was racist? Read these comments!

by Anonymousreply 3305/07/2012

R21 parrots something she read and considers herself an expert on Miss Winfrey. Want a cracker, honey?

by Anonymousreply 3405/07/2012

Chilling, R33.

I never understood Winfrey's success and appeal, seeing her as just the best-at-it of the usual self-promulgating ego queens who have nothing at their core except greed and false humanity. But the racism in the businessweek comments are terrible - not just aimed at her but at others.

As if the elected president can be called a grifter. Well, I suppose they ran out of the usual epithets and felt like something highbrow was called for, considering it was a business site.

by Anonymousreply 3505/07/2012

Giving Oprah Winfrey a TV network to run is like giving Ann Coulter an Art School to run.

I call this loss, stupid tax.

by Anonymousreply 3605/07/2012

[quote] Serves 'em right for cancelling Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag.

That is a Canadian show.

by Anonymousreply 3705/07/2012

This woman will never go broke. She made the mistake of not producing more original and better programming for it. Who wants to watch heavily edited movies, 5 year old dr.phil shows and shitty reality shows?!

by Anonymousreply 3805/07/2012

That's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 3905/07/2012

Isn't her programming now about 50% of old Dr. Phil episodes?

by Anonymousreply 4005/07/2012

There's a simple solution to her network problems. Stop the feel good, self improvement stuff and start airing VH1, Bravo style reality trash. Maybe it wasn't what she had in mind, but she will make money that way.

by Anonymousreply 4105/07/2012

Oprah and her companies won't ever go broke. She's a smart woman and guaranteed she's got a shitload of smart lawyers. The contracts and agreements probably protect her and her companies really well.

by Anonymousreply 4205/07/2012

This article only states the loses. The network has made money. I read an article a few months ago that said the net loss was over $10 million.

by Anonymousreply 4305/07/2012

Drama queen, misleading thread title in the tradition of DL.

by Anonymousreply 4405/07/2012

Did she cancel Christina Ferrare's cooking show?

Oprah can always do a sequel to "Beloved".

by Anonymousreply 4505/07/2012

[quote]Did she cancel Christina Ferrare's cooking show?

Yep. I am linking to a lovely picture of Christina from her modeling days for the Lesbians. She was a stunner.

Her cooking show was very informative and she was really mellow in presenting things.

OWN needs to pack things in. You cannot have a network if a good seventy percent of your programming is a massive amount of marathon re runs of shit shows.

by Anonymousreply 4605/07/2012

Fortune lists her worth at three billion dollars. She's not going broke.

She rarely uses her own money for anything. Even her charitable donations all came from viewers who donated to her bullshit angel network.

by Anonymousreply 4705/07/2012

great link, r46

by Anonymousreply 4805/07/2012

My, how the tables have turned!

by Anonymousreply 4905/07/2012

OWN is just like Dollywood. Neither woman actually owns a damn thing. They are just leasing the use of their names and their celebrity, and are getting paid quite handsomely for it.

by Anonymousreply 5005/07/2012

So has it been determined how much money she has in it?

She is going to BALLOON!

by Anonymousreply 5105/07/2012

No @R4 of course they didn't read it. They just saw 330 million OWN loss. So happy they probably busted a nut thinking Oprah has failed and is losing money too. Typical hateful queens.

by Anonymousreply 5205/07/2012

I just want to fuck Tim from Sweetie Pies

by Anonymousreply 5305/07/2012

R37, I know it's a Canadian show. That's why I can't see it in America now that OWN has stopped carrying it. It's not anything real special, but I enjoyed it in the morning when nothing else worth watching was on -- so I'm pissed.

by Anonymousreply 5405/07/2012

Sophia, Sophia. You sho' is PO'!

by Anonymousreply 5505/07/2012

Maybe she can move in with Barak and Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 5605/07/2012

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Hope she has to hit the streets!

by Anonymousreply 5705/07/2012

She is a complete failure

by Anonymousreply 5805/07/2012

R54 it was taken off the air because Oprah did not want to offend any of the celeb chefs Anna and Christina were critiquing.

If they said so-and-so cookbook was bad, that celeb chef might decide not to get in business with the might O

by Anonymousreply 5905/07/2012

She can moving in with Octomom and the Tanning Lady.

by Anonymousreply 6005/07/2012

[quote] Maybe she can move in with Barak and Michelle.

We don't want her. She might be bad luck for the election, especially since she reeks with the stench of failure.

No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 6105/07/2012

[quote] She can move in with Octomom

Oh, hell no! Do you know how much that cow eats? On my measley food stamps, there's barely enough for the 14 of us. Oprah's ass would eat us out of house and home!!

by Anonymousreply 6205/07/2012

Well, Tanning Lady, what about you? Are you out there? Can Oprah move in with you?

by Anonymousreply 6305/07/2012

[quote] Well, Tanning Lady, what about you? Are you out there? Can Oprah move in with you?

I'm sorry, but I can't associate myself with a loser like Oprah. They might take my kids away!

Perhaps she can check with the local shelter?

by Anonymousreply 6405/07/2012

Not if she's darker than me.

by Anonymousreply 6505/07/2012

OWN's first mistake was deciding to only air on extended cable channel. More people than ever are getting rid of cable and the people that keep cable are decreasing the subscription services (getting rid of movie channels and extended cable). That was a major mistake and they automatically cut off half of any potential viewers

by Anonymousreply 6605/07/2012

Well, then maybe she could move in with Ryan O'Neal.

by Anonymousreply 6705/07/2012

Yes, it was the extended cable thing. Or maybe being on cable, period. Obviously her fans were cheap and only had basic cable, or antennas.

by Anonymousreply 6805/07/2012

"Well, then maybe she could move in with Ryan O'Neal"

Has she still got money? No problem then.

by Anonymousreply 6905/07/2012

Yay, we found a home for Oprah!

by Anonymousreply 7005/07/2012

My vajajay is REALLY painin!

by Anonymousreply 7105/07/2012

Christina Ferrare was gorgeous!

Oh. Back on topic. OWN will either bankrupt Discovery or Discovery will shut it down really soon. I'm thinking Discovery will shut it down soon, eh?

Oprah is a self made billionaire, but she is not a genius. There is nothing to OWN which is worth any more lost money.

by Anonymousreply 7205/07/2012

If they're $330 million in debt and this bitch hasn't put a cent of her own money into helping, why don't they just cancel this piece of shit channel? If it hasn't picked up after a year and a half, it's isn't going to.

by Anonymousreply 7305/07/2012

Oh who cares about her money. When OWN gets pulled it will be like Usain Bolt getting knocked out in the Olympic qualifiers. It's the shame!!

by Anonymousreply 7405/07/2012

She needs more inspirational programming that touches the very deepest nodes within us.

She needs a new soul guru.

I'm waiting her call.

by Anonymousreply 7505/07/2012

I guess "The Secret" and that "law of attraction" bullshit that Doperah always believed in isn't working anymore...

by Anonymousreply 7605/07/2012

"it is still undoubtedly a black eye for her."

Ummmm, OK.

by Anonymousreply 7705/08/2012

"You cannot have a network if a good seventy percent of your programming is a massive amount of marathon re runs of shit shows."

News to us

by Anonymousreply 7805/08/2012

There's a reason a lot of posters here work in cubicles.

by Anonymousreply 7905/08/2012

Oprah does NOT, repeat DOES NOT, have a personal stake in the company. Her personal wealth is not part of the equation.

by Anonymousreply 8005/08/2012

R80 the world is not that simple. If you crash your car into a bus stop, you can sued by the city for damages. Oprah was at the wheel of OWN, she has liability.

If Oprah didn't make any creative decisions and just sold out her name, while she sat at home and had nothing to do with the programming, I would agree.

by Anonymousreply 8105/08/2012

RuPaul's Drag Race on LOGO is more popular than any of her shows.

by Anonymousreply 8205/08/2012

Is Oprah to network tv chiefs what Madonna is to hollywood directors?

by Anonymousreply 8305/08/2012

So how much longer before they call it a day?

by Anonymousreply 8405/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 8505/09/2012

She's going to co-host Live with Kelly! Trust me, bitch is desperate!

by Anonymousreply 8605/09/2012

Tonight in bed Gayle should whisper in Oprah's ear "it's time to retire and r.est on your laurels."

by Anonymousreply 8705/09/2012

2.7 billion Oprah his in her pocket.

by Anonymousreply 8811/26/2012

Her magazine is failing as well. Was that funded with her money? The radio show?

by Anonymousreply 8911/26/2012

Oprah broke?

Join the club, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 9011/26/2012

I suppose it will be MY turn to support her!

by Anonymousreply 9111/26/2012

She never recovered after endorsing Obama.

by Anonymousreply 9211/26/2012

Oprah is not the type to just retire. She needs to be doing something to feel alive. I can't imagine her just riding off into the sunset to lead the quiet, mundane life of a retiree. Please, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 9311/26/2012

OWN's ratings have risen sharply over the last quarter.

by Anonymousreply 9411/26/2012

I like OWN except for those god-awful, self-indulgent "Oprah's Favorite Things" where Oprah screams "My faaaaaaaavoriiiiiiiiite thiiiiiiiiiiiiings" and where her staff has to kiss her ass about shit you can buy at Macy's.

But most of the rest of OWN's programming is quite good. I wished more people watched.

by Anonymousreply 9511/26/2012

Even IF Oprah lost 330+ million it still wouldn't hurt her.

That's 10% of her net worth.

Imagine losing 10% of your net worth: Around $5000 for a middle class American. Not fun, but not disastrous. Some people lose that every April when they pay taxes.

She'll be fine

by Anonymousreply 9611/26/2012

Totally agree, R92.

Read any article about Oprah anywhere online, and the comments section will be 99% Freepers.

by Anonymousreply 9711/26/2012

That's right, r94. The network has seen a major turnaround. Can't believe so many people were foolish enough to count her out. Networks don't just become hits overnight. They take time to grow. She made some mistakes, but most companies take a bit of time before they reach profitability.

by Anonymousreply 9811/26/2012

Where the fuck is the OWN channel?

by Anonymousreply 9911/26/2012

[quote]OWN's ratings have risen sharply over the last quarter.

The ratings have improved ever since Discovery swooped in, fired Oprah's people, and took charge of programming.

I was really excited about "Oprah's Favorite Things" which aired last week, but it was awful, boring and idiotic. It had none of the excitement and charm of her Favorite Things shows from years past. They filmed it in some depressing VA hall, which made all of her expensive gifts look like cheap Dollar Store finds. Many of her favorites were totally inappropriate for military families, like truffle oils and bags of lemon truffle popcorn--many of the women didn't know what a truffle was, and if they did, wouldn't want to eat one. Gayle, who's now fatter than a hippo, waddled into the room at one point looking for free samples.

by Anonymousreply 10011/26/2012

Now that she's broke, we'd love to cast Oprah as Mama Morton, the dyke jailer, in a bus and truck version of CHICAGO. We've approached Ann Coulter and Michele Malkin to play Roxie and Velma respectively; and Bill O'Reilly to play Billy Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 10111/26/2012

Discovery swooped in and demanded she appear more on the network, something she did not do early on. It helped push the turnaround (high profile interviews every sunday, favorite things etc). If her "brand" was over with the opposite would be true.

She has a piece of syndication for Rachael Ray, Dr Oz, Dr Phil ... she is far from going broke.

by Anonymousreply 10211/26/2012

One thing I'm certain for sure that works against her: try looking for any Oprah content on YouTube. There's not a speck. Her people appear to be committed at crushing any sharing. Yet I firmly believe that spreading content is what generates more interest. I'm curious about her OWN masterclasses, but I couldn't be fagged looking on her website. If some of it was on YouTube however...

by Anonymousreply 10311/26/2012

I have not joined the Oprah hate bandwagon, but OWN is a mess. The best thing on the channel when it first launched was that sex show with Laura Berman, and it's taken like two years just to film a second season. There seems to be absolutely no organization.

by Anonymousreply 10411/26/2012

R100, one of the reasons the launch of OWN was such a disaster is because Harpo left a lot of the programming details up to Discovery and those decisions didn't pan out. Discovery initially thought they could use Discovery Health programming to pad the schedule, but it didn't work. Ratings have gone up because Oprah has been more active on-air and the network now features programming that would be of interest to the audience they are trying to court.

by Anonymousreply 10511/26/2012

When she had Joel Osteen "teaching a master class" any credibility she had with me went out the windw.

by Anonymousreply 10611/26/2012

I'm wicked. Every time I read bad news about this insufferable, egotistical hypocrite I start laughing like Debbie in the Addams Family after practicing her grieving widow speech to the authorities after blowing Fester up.

by Anonymousreply 10711/26/2012

As much as it would make some of you orgasim she isn't broke. Far from it. Oprah is far more successful than any of you miserable cunts who would luv to see her fail.

DL hates women especial black ones.

by Anonymousreply 10811/26/2012

Oh Lord, how could I forget about the Rosie Show! That whole project was tragic. I'm a fan of Rosie's, and it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

She kept cutting the studio size down. At first she was using Oprah's old stage. By the time she was finished, she had no audience and it looked like she was filming from the inside of a closet.

by Anonymousreply 11011/26/2012

The irony is that the ratings have shot up when Oprah increased her presence on OWN. The lesson seems that people aren't tired of Oprah but they didn't want Oprahisms from the likes of Iyanla or Rosie.

The lesson from the Discovery execs is that more Oprah leads to higher ratings, which is the reverse of what the HARPO execs pushed at the network's inception.

by Anonymousreply 11111/26/2012

So even if Oprah wanted to get out from being in front of the camera--She Can't. Without Oprah as the star or overarching presence, the network won't do well.

Maybe in time, Oprah can back away and not be on camera--but not anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 11211/26/2012

That Iyanla is a major troll. I don't believe a word she says.

by Anonymousreply 11311/26/2012

She is responsible for dumbing millions of women. I hope she goes way for good. Neurotic idiot!

by Anonymousreply 11411/26/2012

If she'd had bought AMC and OLTL, OWN would be safe as houses.

by Anonymousreply 11511/26/2012

Eh. As long as she's functional, I doubt she'll fade away.

And about her supposedly dating Gayle? I dunno...they just seem like codependent BFFs to me (which may or may not include weird boundaries).

by Anonymousreply 11611/26/2012

I hope she comes back. Say what you will but Oprah, as cheesy and celeb-obsessed as she became tried to do mostly positive things with her forum. I am glad she took a hit, she needed a reality check,but like most of America, I always root for a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 11711/26/2012

Iyanla is the black Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 11811/26/2012

[quote]DL hates women especially black ones

You can say that again.

by Anonymousreply 11911/26/2012

[quote]DL hates women especially black ones

Yes, that's why you just LOVE hanging around here, hmm.

by Anonymousreply 12011/26/2012

R107 - Why don't you just go on and call her an 'uppity nigger who doesn't know her place,' you know you want to. Typical ignorant bigoted queen.

by Anonymousreply 12111/26/2012

R121, you typical, judgmental, hypocritical racist homophobe, since I happen to be biracial, a 22-year member of the NAACP, and a strong supporter of my sisters of color who are NOT insufferable, egotistical hypocrite cunts, why don't you reassess your own issues, biases and prejudice.

Filthy, ignorant twat. (And I don't mean Oprah there.)

by Anonymousreply 12211/27/2012

R122 - Typical tragic mulatto archetype. I never thought Oprah represented all black women. I guess you're one of those types who think that Oprah should shut up and donate all of her money to every black person in America too, right?

by Anonymousreply 12311/27/2012

That's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 12411/27/2012

The problem with her new show was it was on cable.

by Anonymousreply 12511/27/2012

The problem is/was that it's too much Oprah.

Watching her show for an hour every day and assorted various specials is a lot less of a commitment to watching a 24-hour network.

by Anonymousreply 12611/27/2012

Investors? OWN is not a publicly traded company so Oprah has her own money in it & it's not 300 million either. It's over a billion.

She's worth 4 billion total but debts ringing up could cost her 4 billion before it's over & with her comments about white people needing to die before racism ends as if there are not plenty of black racists, she's not going to get hired on TV, she won't have money to do it herself so she might end up back in TN broke but instead of a shed without lights, a nice trailer park with electricity in her old age.

If she is a bigot, I hope she does go broke.

by Anonymousreply 12709/02/2014

Maybe she's in Joan's will.

by Anonymousreply 12809/02/2014

I never understand what happened with OWN. It is like she started a network but never bothered to put shows on it.

At least run old Oprah episodes or something.

by Anonymousreply 12909/02/2014

She just said racists have to die. She said nothing about how that was to happen.

by Anonymousreply 13009/02/2014

[quote] Investors? OWN is not a publicly traded company so Oprah has her own money in it & it's not 300 million either. It's over a billion.

What the fuck does a publicly traded company have to do with it? You can get investors for a privately held company too. Do you really think Oprah would be so incredibly fucking stupid as to invest a billion dollars of her own personal wealth in her company? I fucking can't stand her but your post is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 13109/02/2014

The financial outlook for OWN has changed considerably in the 2 plus years since that article was published in OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 13209/02/2014

[quote]I never understand what happened with OWN. It is like she started a network but never bothered to put shows on it.

This stopped being news after Oprah managed to turn the network around. She's a hard worker and relentless. You have to give her that, at least.

by Anonymousreply 13309/02/2014

Anyone taping in that studio she bamboozled Rosie into using?

by Anonymousreply 13409/02/2014

Her ego is bigger than planet earth.

by Anonymousreply 13509/02/2014

Tycoons who hate white people are dangerous. Rich white people aren't any better.Why are we wasting time on these corrupted people?

by Anonymousreply 13609/02/2014

[quote] The problem with her new show was it was on cable

That was a big problem. You have to have expanded cable to view her channel. That's $25 extra a month just to be able to watch her network. The other problem is that she had boring shows. Now that OWN has started showing repeats of crime shows (from Investigation Discovery) the ratings are up

by Anonymousreply 13709/02/2014

All European fashion houses are rejoicing!

by Anonymousreply 13809/02/2014

As if......

She'll go broke when Trump goes broke....when hell freezes over.

by Anonymousreply 13909/02/2014

I'd like to see her fortune reduced to have her living in a 3br apartment.

by Anonymousreply 14009/03/2014

R140, That's a big basement that you are living in, perhaps you could invite Ms. O to share with you. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 14109/03/2014

Please make "The Haves and the Have Nots" go away. That show fucking SUCKS, despite having veteran actor John Schneider in a leading role.

The writing is CRAP, and the acting is even worse! Although, I would expect nothing less from Miss Tyler Perry. Typical schlock that he puts out.

And now OWN is backing another TP show, touting it as being "from the creator of The Haves and The Have Nots..." As if that's a good thing? Ugh.

No wonder OWN is going down the toilet. It's becoming the Madea network.

by Anonymousreply 14209/03/2014

What the fuck is r143 going on about?

by Anonymousreply 14401/16/2015

R143, who raped you? Are you a side of beef?

by Anonymousreply 14501/16/2015

ut give her credit for doing the Michael Sam documentary.

by Anonymousreply 14701/18/2015

No point reinventing the wheel, so as a professional courtesy we've written Target.

by Anonymousreply 14901/18/2015

get some help

by Anonymousreply 15001/18/2015

Where was Kitty Kelly when this was going on?

by Anonymousreply 15101/18/2015

Racism made her a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 15201/18/2015

R146 and R148

Too long, didn't read

by Anonymousreply 15301/18/2015

I've always liked Shania Twain, so when that reality show of hers was featured on OWN or Oxygen, it opened my eyes to how out of touch Oprah is now.

Why did Oprah think that a premium channel would succeed at a time when her demographic can't pay their bills AND so many people watch shows online? It's not like she's marketing a luxury good that only needs a few star customers - premium channels need as many eyeballs as possible. It's like she's determined to fail, or thinks that she cannot fail.

by Anonymousreply 15401/18/2015

This thread is three years old, I think the network has improved in viewership.

O's biggest mistake was thinking that she could just work behind scenes on a network that freaking carries her name. People still want to see big mama O on the TV, no brainer! She should've appeared on the network more at first, and then gradually continued to make fewer appearances.

And so funny that she had come grovelling to Iyanla to do a series when the network was struggling. She practically had her blacklisted years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15501/18/2015

This whole thing was a mixture of her greed and vanity. She wanted to be the #1 media mogul who ever lived. She is a failure. Retire from show business and give the world a break.

by Anonymousreply 15601/18/2015

Oprah is not going broke. Oprah never was going broke. Oprah never will go broke. Racist thread. You have no right to talk about Miss Winfrey. She is above all of you. Keep her name out of your mouths.

by Anonymousreply 15701/18/2015

Oprah is nice and chubby

by Anonymousreply 15801/18/2015

Oprah has fine shape R158. Racist much! Why are you even talking about her? Are you black? If not then shut it.

by Anonymousreply 15901/18/2015

The network will go broke. Not Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 16001/18/2015

Oh shit. If Oprah goes broke she'll never be able to produce and star in the movie that will net her at least 2 Oscars: "Aching Feet", the Rosa Parks story.

World cinema weeps.

by Anonymousreply 16101/18/2015

[quote]when her demographic can't pay their bills AND so many people watch shows online?

They can't pay their bills yet somehow they magically have Internet?

by Anonymousreply 16201/18/2015

I love Oprah, I really do.

by Anonymousreply 16501/18/2015

R163 and r164, please provide proof to support your numerous accusations if you want anyone to take your slander seriously. You sound like a disturbed troll. Couldn't you have invested some of your billion dollar fortune in some standard English courses? Your writing is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 16601/18/2015

Boo hoo!

by Anonymousreply 16701/18/2015

She made most of her money from writing a book about losing weight - after her great big weight loss - where she came onto the stage with a wagon of fat. Every overweight woman is America wanted to know how to do it. That book was a huge seller! Then she took that money and compounded it.

I would assume her magazine and some of these smaller movies she produces with Spielberg make her some money.

by Anonymousreply 16801/18/2015

R166 I would saw in this case the disturbed troll is u.What I do with my hard earned billions and the good in the world l do.Is my own business.In the same way people shining some so called shining ray of light on Oprah Winfrey as if she is about anybody other than herself selfishly is wrong. THE EVIDENCE is this: Oprah Winfrey reaked havoc on the professional and personal life of her 1st Executive Producer.PUBLIC RECORD.Oprah cant even speak about her lnow,acknowledge her or say her name.Oprah caused her such hardship,concern and worry.That the executive had a massive nervous breakdown.Thats known throughout the world of TV and beyond. The WIFE of the marriage she destroyed self admitedly by stalking gave a worldwide interview about Oprahs destructive personal behaviour towards her and her marriage.And its very painful demise.Oprah talked of her OBSESSION with him multiply times on air in early years on her show.She chased his car in traffic,bombarded him with phone calls and even showed up at the home he shared with his wife.She used to park for hours across the street.All really frightening fixated behavior.And the wife and her family went to the police circa:1989.All in police reports which can b accessed through the Freedom of Information acts. The Texas Beef Industry sued her for slander,liable,defamation,intent to harm,loss of revenue,loss of marketplace internationally, loss of product - it lost a massive Japanese account it had acquired as a result of Oprah.It sued for loss of future earnings as a result because the US/Japanese Trade agreement got put in serioius doubt right across the board.Money got majorly wiped off the US money market on Wall Street for what had been a DONE deal that suddenly went awry.That costjobs as well as $$. Reggie admittedly publically on the Oprah Winfrey show that he had homosexulised a heterosexual married man.They shared a laugh about how funny it was that the sex had taken place in the bed the husband had shared with his wife.The hudband claimed rape. Reggie does Oprahs make up so the international syndicated audience was supposed to hear that?Most of the world swiyched off in disgust.IF you ever see it youll understand why! Then there is the movie The Color Purple of which I own all rights to.Because I own several of the biggest movie studios in the world.Oprah was in it BUT so too was Whoopi Goldberg.Oprah goes around claiming it bit doesnt own it.There are enormous legalities imvolved with all of it.Majorly because over 160members of my production crew and cast got sexually abused,molested and raped.So maybe I'll just contact them and get them to start writinh this site.So people stop defending Oprah and start thinking about victims compensation for them if Oprah is undeed going bankrupt.Alabama and Arkansaw law enforcement and law are certainly built around such abuse cases.Its truly heartbreaking.So I will keep to myself what I personally have done to try to heal them.I want Oprah to go to jail for that and she is culpably responsible.AND SHE KNOWS IT. And Tyler Perry a victim of child abuse himself better not stand up and pretend to defend her on that either.Because he cannot. OPRAH is criminal.She makes attempt after attempt to rewrite her own history continuously but cannot! Compound that with her girls school massive scandal down in Africa.Of sexual abuse once again.It is THE common thread that runs through her life.Sexual abuse after abuse.Sexually predatory behaviour.Law suit after law suit. You want to complain about something and criticise.Then turn your focus on her criticise HER ongoiminal behavior.Have true care and compassion for her victims.BE AWARE of it! Or does it have to appear all over the cover of TIME magazine ot FORBES?And her license to air get revoked.THERES the start of your proof for starters.DONT criticise me for getting the truth out there.I wish Id never had dealings with the woman EVER.Shes hurt many and she does NOT care to ever put things right.Shes had decades.

by Anonymousreply 16901/18/2015

R162 doesn't get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 17001/18/2015

I don't understand having a network which mostly runs old re-runs of the awful Dr. Phil show and re-runs of Dateline crime shows. What's the purpose, really? The network is just adding to the garbage of which there was already quite enough of. Is this considered an accomplishment?

by Anonymousreply 17101/18/2015

OWN is a baffling business venture. It is like she started a network but never bothered to put show on it.

Kind of like opening a shop but not stocking the shelves with any products.

by Anonymousreply 17201/18/2015

Lizard Lick Towing is probably coming down the pike soon. I hope that the old Court TV (Tru TV now) and Oprah's network aren't the reasons my cable bill keeps increasing. Surely such networks don't make enough money from actual sponsors to survive.

by Anonymousreply 17301/18/2015

Have there been any plans for OWN to act like an actual network and produce its own movies, sitcoms, soaps, game shows, cooking/lifestyle shows and even news?

by Anonymousreply 17401/18/2015

R169 is the bitter group of ex-talk show hosts who still resent Oprah. Jenny Jones, Richard Bey and Sally Jesse Raphael still hold a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 17501/18/2015

I think OWN has or had a few Tyler Perry sitcoms for a while. Gayle had a show too but got a better offer. I think O is just waiting for the contract to run out nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 17601/18/2015

R169 perhaps all of them have a point.Maybe they hold a grudge for a good reason especially Sally Jesse.She was way way better than Oprah!

by Anonymousreply 17701/18/2015

I'd have a lot to say too if somone hurt my work force and colleagues.Id resent someone who cost people and myself.Or caused harm.None of this forgive and forget notion.If people got hurt deliberately or pre meditatively by Oprah. Then yes she is accountble for it.

by Anonymousreply 17801/18/2015

[quote]"While Oprah does not have a personal financial stake in the company, it is still undoubtedly a black eye for her."

Did you miss that part, dear?

by Anonymousreply 17901/18/2015

So she's only left with $770 million and she can write the $330 million on her taxes??? Where does the broke part come in?

by Anonymousreply 18001/18/2015

R169 sounds completely nuts. How does r169 even own the rights to the Color Purple? And the entire crew of the Color Purple movie was sexually abused?

by Anonymousreply 18101/19/2015

R181its called a BC meaning Back Catalogue movies a studio owns and may choose to option.l own the studio.I didnt option the rights of the work to Oprah Winfrey,to Harpo or to Kingworld ever. My executive Producer and myself commisioned to put this work into production.We had found the original story and had a screenwriter work the script.Oprah Winfrey was an actress on this nothing more.An actress who now claims it as her own.That is illegal.She makes out its hers and that the copyright and IP Intellectual Property rights are hers.They are not. She didn't hire directors,actors,editors or gaffers.Or set producers ot costumers. And no I am not nuts.I am far far wealthier than Oprah Winfrey.This was a newer style production in thr US marketplace at the time.And Oprah turned it into a living nightmare for all.Its on the public record and US legislature in both Alabama and Arkansaw the abuse that took place on and around the set.I was very young and in the process of trying to inject a much needed monitary stream into the USA.Because of the Savings and Loan debacle which ripped across the heartland.And build up the skills of a production crew who could travel across different US productions.Maybe cross o ver into TV. Oprah was a mistake from the start.I'll go right on the record as saying she wasn't a balanced person.And she didnt create stability. And she had some very abusing toxic people around her in her life also.And I am going to get crew members to give witness testimonials and personal accounts on this site and others.Because I have had enough now! I have utterly no reason to lie.And I dont.And not does that of my crew.I am going to get International media onboard with this as well. I had problems resulting with Steven Spielberg as a result of this.And he had worked on other projects for me without incident. This time wad different.A very dark energy took over the set quickly.Crew members were unwell.There were unexplained attacks within lodgings and quarters.My staff on call doctor grew frightened.And medical reports showed signs of sexual abuse and molestation.And trauma.I called in security,law enforcement and private detectives unbeknowest to my crew also.And the FBI.So concerning was this entire invident. Things got very unhealthy very quickly.And many of my crew were religious, innocent and away from their families for the first time.Not being able to afford college.College fund money going to pay families bills instead. I had people whose bodies were suddenly out of alignment.Dense and heavy.Sore in private areas.All but unexplainably.And those that were being attacked.And threatened as a result. So all in all a living nightmare for many undeservedly so.I wish I had never met Oprah Winfrey or her family.Or even heard her name.And I am not alone in that. Many people have suffered in this.Anybody that was around her or her family in those days would know them for what they are.And then there is public record as well.

by Anonymousreply 18201/19/2015

Who's Reggie?

by Anonymousreply 18301/19/2015

R183 Reggie is her make up artist.Not nice at all.However Oprah adores him.1 husband and wife dont though.He attacked the husband and bragged about it on air.The husband said it was rape.So absolutely horrible.

by Anonymousreply 18401/19/2015

Is this the fault of the Academy as well?

by Anonymousreply 18501/19/2015

I condole her....where do I send the flowers?

by Anonymousreply 18601/19/2015

Okay trolldar has shown that the crazy writer is r184, r182, r178, r177, r169, r164, etc.

Even if what you are writing is based in truth, your presentation is terrible.

I think Oprah has brainwashed a group of middle-aged closeted lesbians into thinking they are spiritual. All of this find yourself crap is for the deeply closeted.

by Anonymousreply 18701/19/2015

R187 I am not a crazy writer.I am a very nice person. Who cares!And it would b nice 2 know that people on this forum board.Actually do 2.That what I have said.Actually reaches people and gets people thinking about victims compensation.ESPECIALLY if Oprah Winfrey is going broke. Bcause if she is I would like 2 c.People whose lives whom have been adversely affected directly by her. Get some type of justice! Finally! And the time for her to pay people would b while the money is there. NOT after wards if there is none. It's a major class action suit now anyway.People whom are irresponcible with power and harmful.Really shouldn't have any todo harm anyway. Got home tonight-There is Oprah on TV in of all places Alabama.Leading a civil rights march.So for the civil rights of people publically.BUT not for people around her whom she hurt. God I wish Alabama would arrest her.Or had done while she was there. THAT would of been news! Anybody know by chance whom the state legislaturer of Alabama is at the moment?Or the congressional senator? IF u do I would appreciate u letting me know. And lastly I never watch her so whatever her claim 2 spiritually is.Is very far removed from having dealings with her.IF u like her that's yr choice.However I want people 2 start thinking about actual facts.Nobody should b threatened by that. And for anybody decent on this site. I have been accused now of being a troll.And a racist billionaire now.And I never said anything about race. I spoke of abuse. So it goes without saying I hope you are never in a jury pool line up concerning this.And that you never know people whom get sexually attacked.Least of all yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 18801/19/2015

Oh and 1 last thought. IF any of u r ever unfortunately attacked in a sexual manner.On the way 2 work, at work, in a car park or even outside a bar, walking across campus.Or even down a street. Its the legislation from this case and other cases like it.That'll b helping u legally.With law enforcement. Even with medical at a hospital or medical centre. Many of u may never think about this past reading a post here.And thats truly a shame because tacrosspport that would have been for you. IF you ever experience anything untoward like this ever. Would have been the victims of this. Regardless of sexual orientation. Aside from that not 1 of you has to spend a cent of your money.I have and I will. And for anybody that works within my worldwide corporate conglomerate.Rest assured you work within the safest workplaces in the world.With the highest levels of security available.In my industrial parks, buildings,car parks, offices,airports and oil rigs.And you'll know they are mine because all have state of the art everything.Eco building designs and the finest Human Resource departments.And legal departments available. The USA Sex Crimes Act across every state of the union is about 2 get throughly updated.All the way up through the Supreme Court,Congress and the Senate with bills sent up the hill. That'll b a very good thing.And so will seeing Oprah get held 2 account.

by Anonymousreply 18901/19/2015

Patsy Stone send her your condolence flowers to her care of Harpo Studios in Chicago obviously.She's selling the building so you may want to hurry about it. Myself personally I send mine 2 the victims at the hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 19001/19/2015

As if.........

by Anonymousreply 19101/19/2015

R185 Not the fault of the Academy at all.The fault of Oprah Winfrey herself.

The only thing the Academy has done wrong in recent years was to NOT give Cate Blanchett the Oscar for ELIZABETH. She had worked harder than any other actress that year to bring that depiction to the screen.And she more than deserved it.That the AMPAS did get wrong.And that was their fault.

by Anonymousreply 19201/19/2015

R21 Thank you I was wondering just how much the amount was.And there are very worthy people it should b divided up and go to.Those recipients are worth it!

by Anonymousreply 19301/19/2015

Money doesn't cure or heal sexual abuse. How did Oprah harass them? I'm not a fan of abuse, Oprah , etc., but what's the class acrion suit about?

by Anonymousreply 19401/19/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!