Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Say what you want about his acting skills, Matt LeBlanc always comes across as a nice guy

Matt LeBlanc: 'Because I'm much more reserved than Joey, people think I'm depressed'

Matt LeBlanc on playing 'Matt LeBlanc' in hit comedy drama Episodes, shaving his body hair – and how his role in Friends has defined him

Decca Aitkenhead;, Sunday 6 May 2012 20.00 BST

At the risk of lowering the tone right away, here's something you might not have guessed Matt LeBlanc would do: he shaves his chest hair into symmetrical designer stubble with a special strimmer. "It's like a chainsaw," he laughs. "No, it's like a trimmer thing really." And not just his chest hair. "No, I manscape." He manscapes? In real life? LeBlanc glances down at his body and nods. "Sure, I manscape." But he would like to make it clear that he has an absolutely "normal-sized penis".

by Anonymousreply 3105/16/2013

I saw Matt on the Graham Norton show last week and he came over as nice but dull. especially when he had to share sofa space with Zac Effron. The audience screamed loudly whenever Effron opened his mouth and LeBlanc sat there in the midst of the reality that his time is over for the hysterical fans. Effron is dull too but soo pretty I couldn't absorb anything he said har har.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2012

I'm so glad he doesn't dye his hair. He looks so incredibly sexy with the gray.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2012

He was surprisingly good in that Showtime series, "Episodes"

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2012

He is still so adorable!

by Anonymousreply 405/07/2012

I wonder if he and his husbear partner are still together...

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2012

Zac was insanely pretty on Graham but not a speck of sex appeal. Matt was nice but damn sexy especially with the gray.

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2012

IF you like handsome older men, Matt was pretty hot on Graham Norton. I did have to keep reminding myself that he is one of the highest paid actors of all time.

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2012

I think LeBlanc was the most-liked cast member of the Friends. He knew how lucky he was and was always prepared and on time. And always remained a nice, approachable guy.

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2012

Schwimmer has always come across as a prick, from his days on Friends to today. Didn't Matthew Perry have some sort of substance abuse problem?

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2012

He looks really good in that second picture. He's lost a lot of weight. Here he is with husbear a few years ago

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2012

"At the time he was divorcing Melissa Knight, a former model he married in 2003, and with whom he has an eight-year-old daughter, Marina."

I thought she had the kid before they got together. No?

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2012

Perry and LeBlanc were supposed to be the dreamboats among the men, yet Schwimmer emerged as the one fans were really attracted to during the first two seasons of the show (mostly because jennifer Aniston strikes some sort of everygirl chord with women viewers). It went right to Schwimmer's head, and he not only became a dick but he started phoning in shtick for his performances. In the meantime, Perry's insecurities were amped up as a result and he fell into addiction problems, and LeBlanc realized how lucky he was to have the show and became even nicer and humbler.

By the end of the show's run, critics had grown sick of Ross & Rachel, and the Monica & Chandler relationship dead-ended, so people became most interested in Joey, especially given that LeBlanc is a fine comic actor and had been previously overlooked. However, the JOEY spin-off was so uninteresting that leBlanc basically spent all the goodwill he had built up by the end of the show for a while.

I'm glad he's doing better now. It's interesting that of the six Schwimmer has left acting almost entirely, and Perry, Cox, Kudrow and LeBlanc only get intermittent work (and their new big projects never really take off since they're so typecast). Only Aniston keeps getting successful big projects, and that's almost entirely because of the fan identification with Rachel as an Everygirl (intensified by the fact that Brad Pitt left her for the person who was basically certified as The Most Beautiful Woman in the World).

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2012

I agree w everyone. Matt definitely is the least douchelike of all the Friends.

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2012

[quote]But he would like to make it clear that he has an absolutely "normal-sized penis".

Sorry to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 1505/10/2013

R15 Thank you!

R16 - Do you happen to need an increase in your meds?

by Anonymousreply 1705/10/2013

You're welcome R17. need help.

by Anonymousreply 1805/10/2013

R16 needs take a ride in a limo somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1905/10/2013

He knocked up Days of our Lives star Lisa Trusel

by Anonymousreply 2005/10/2013

Matt LeBlanc does absolutely nothing for me. But that's just personal taste. Having said that, the only character I liked on Friends, was Phoebe.

I don't know if Matthew Perry produces his shows, but the current one needs to get more talented actors, imo. It's nice that they're diversified, but most just don't have that extra something to make me want to watch. Sorry, Matthew!

by Anonymousreply 2105/10/2013

R20 When was this? I thought she married her co-star David Wallace.....

Is Matt a bottom or a top or both?

by Anonymousreply 2205/10/2013

Lisa had an abortion

by Anonymousreply 2305/10/2013

[quote]He knocked up Days of our Lives star Lisa Trusel.

I've never heard this before ... but they did appear together in the short-lived series TV 101 in 1989:

by Anonymousreply 2405/10/2013

R24 the characters they played, got knocked up ON SCREEN.

Lisa's character had an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 2505/10/2013

David Schwimmer appeared on Curb Your Enthusiasm playing himself as a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2605/10/2013

Go On with Matthew Perry has been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 2705/10/2013

R21 needs his prescription checked. Perry has aged so horribly...obviously still drinking.

No one gets bags that size without a flask nearby...

by Anonymousreply 2805/10/2013

Melissa McKnight had two kids from a previous marriage. Marina is her child with LeBlanc.

by Anonymousreply 2905/10/2013

Marina's father was a turkey baster.

by Anonymousreply 3005/15/2013

Matt LeBlanc has great timing for comedy. I'd like to see him get a hit show again.

by Anonymousreply 3105/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!