Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Goldie Hawn

Just watched her on OWN. She not only looks stunning, but I was surprised at how introspective and smart she really is. Raised her children in a normal, everyday environment. And she even admits that she was stunned that she actually won the oscar, and completely forgot about the ceremonies since she didn't think she had a chance in winning.

It's a shame she can't get decent parts anymore. But this devotes her to her foundation and spreading the word of Buddhism throughout the world. She seems to be on a different wavelength in recent years. Hopefully her daughter follows in her example.

by Anonymousreply 5308/28/2013

Phony Baloney.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2012

Goldie had a very long and lucrative career based on charm, physical appeal, and a rather slim comedic talent. She is not a dramatic actress of any real depth and her few efforts in that area have not been successful. She's been smart about kickstarting her own projects, broad comedies, which serve her best.

Given all that, she's had a good run and outlasted many, many of her more versatile contemporaries.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2012

If she had been around during the 30s and 40s, people like Billy Wilder and Mitch Leisen and George Stevens would have fought to cast her.

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2012

[quote]It's a shame she can't get decent parts anymore.

I'm sure she could if she would ever let someone cast her in a part that reflects her actual age. But she still cuts her hair and dresses the way she has since she was 18.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2012

I'd love to see her go the way Michelle Pfeiffer has gone: more age-appropriate character parts in ensemble comedies (Hairspray, Stardust, Dark Shadows).

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2012

I met her once and as she was signing my "The First Wives Club" DVD I told her how much I love her Elise character and as personalized for me, she giggled and wrote Elise is me! on my DVD.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2012

I sort of hate op.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2012

I think goldie would do well in a tv series if it was the right comedy or maybe dramatic vehicle now that her movie career is done. I remember reading when she won an oscar the industry thought it was a joke. But it took her a few years to live down her dumb blonde image from laugh in and cactus flower. Even in cactus flower i think voters saw her charm and comedic timing just like marisa tomei who wasnt taken seriously when she won but proved the industry wrong with two more oscar noms. Private benjamin my fav goldie movie. Perfect film for her

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2012

I though she was pretty good in that suspense movie she did with John Heard. It was still just Hollywood fluff that 10 years later would have starred Ashley Judd but she pulled off just as well.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2012

I thought she was good in several movies from Foul Play to Housesitting.

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2012

I agree with OP - I saw her on t.v. once and she was surprisingly articulate. She was one of the first to start up her own company in order to find good roles. But she lives with a man who hunts which makes me question her version of Buddhism. But then again most of the Buddhists I've known are pretty ambivalent about the sanctity of the lives of others, actually. They do not all embrace the philosophy of non-violence.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2012

[quote]She not only looks stunning, but I was surprised at how introspective and smart she really is.

She looks stunning thanks to make up artists, hairstylists, and good lighting. Without all that, she looks her age:

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2012

[quote]Housesitting

It was called Housesitter and she was perfect in it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2012

Don't cry for her OP she's loaded and could easily produce her own show...

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2012

Her daffy act is pretty ridiculous for a senior citizen. It's not surprising she can't find a project in which to appear.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2012

Shes boring.

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2012

She was going to do an HBO show but there were arguments and she quit.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2012

Chicago

by Anonymousreply 1805/07/2012

R11, living with someone who hunts hardly discredits her Buddhism. It is actually possible to live with another human who is flawed just as you are, without attempting to control that person.

There are limits, of course, but I doubt hunting is a deal-breaker for her.

by Anonymousreply 1905/07/2012

I remember seeing her in "Butterflies Are Free", at the beginning of her career, and being impressed at how good she was in a dramatic role. Goldie's got the acting chops, but agree with RE 4, that her appearance doesn't help. She should take on a dramatic role that's age appropriate, and not kookie, and shake things up.

by Anonymousreply 2005/07/2012

I met her in the early '80s and she was really stunning then. Slim as a pencil, little or no make-up, charming, down-to-earth, and dressed simply but in a way that flattered her. She had a smile that lit up the room.

I'm a gay man, but I was smitten immediately, though I'd never had any interest in her previously.

I'm still not particularly a fan, but I can understand why OP found her genuine and appealing.

by Anonymousreply 2105/07/2012

I have read that Goldie is very respectful and patient with her fans.

by Anonymousreply 2212/01/2012

I just get the feeling that Kate is not a nice person. I think she is mean and feels entitled and is Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2312/01/2012

How come Chicago with Liza never got off the ground?

by Anonymousreply 2412/01/2012

Goldie is peaceful, patient, fun and devoted. I think Kate is more touchy and more 'this is my life, i will not give a damn about other people's judgment, people must be as i expect them to be and i won't excuse some mistakes as easily as my mother would'

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's my impression.

by Anonymousreply 2512/01/2012

I just saw Goldie on the cover of a gossip rag and she looked terrible without makeup. Anyway, she's a Fox News fan too for those that like her. She's very right wing.

by Anonymousreply 2612/01/2012

She showed a lot of promise early in her career. She was both endearing and heartbreaking in Cactus Flower and Butterflies are Free.

by Anonymousreply 2712/01/2012

"Hopefully her daughter follows in her example."

Uh, don't you ANYTHING about Kate Hudson? She's a materialistic, air-brained slut. I kind of get the feeling that she HAS followed her mother's example.

by Anonymousreply 2812/01/2012

How is Kate Hudson a slut exactly? Because she has sex?

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012

Lol R30!

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2012

She was the best thing--the only good thing--in the dreadful '60's sitcom Good Morning World.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2012

she is older than "67"

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2012

Fur wearer + married to a Republican = not so cool

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2012

What was it Julia Phillips wrote about her? That she was smart when it came to business but had a heart of stone? It's been years since I read her book, so I might be confusing the people she gossiped about. There's was something about cleanliness as well.

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2012

Sometimes a Republican may be more democratic than someone who is allegedly a Democrat. Of course, i don't know if that happens with Goldie, but she doesn't give the impression a constipated jerk gives.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2012

And who this Julia Phillips is? Is she an expert at seeing through other people's hearts?

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2012

Tell that to the numerous animals tortured to make one of her many fur coats. Kate also loves fur.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2012

Ok, wearing a fur in the 21th century is really unnecessary and idiotic. I don't approve of that. That's a minus indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2012

Julia Phillips was a movie producer and drug addict who wrote a gossip-filled book titled [italic]You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2012

Has anyone read Goldie's autobiography?

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2013

I honestly think it was because she's such a Jew and that hasn't exactly helped in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2013

Yes,r42 because God knows there are no Jews in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2013

I read her autobiography. It wasn't that good. I don't feel she really opened up. It wad disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 4408/27/2013

I agree with r36.

So true and never acknowledged here...

by Anonymousreply 4508/27/2013

OP swallows anything that is shoved down his throat.

If she was such a great mom, Kate Hudson wouldn't be such a self-absorbed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4608/27/2013

She looks OK for her age. Did you guys see Melanie Griffin on Jimmy Kimmel last nite? OMG, she looks like shit! Her plastic surgery is so bad. She had new work done and it's fucked up her face completely, her nose is crooked, too much coke probably!!! She looks horrible!

by Anonymousreply 4708/27/2013

As the box office staff of the Roundabout theatre in NY what she is really like. (I saw her there once in the lobby and she made QUITE the fuss.) Her tickets were not suitable!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4808/27/2013

Goldie, I like.

Kurt Russell, not so much. A card carrying member of the NRA and he was the best man at Ted Nugent's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 4908/28/2013

This is the first -and only - place where I've read people's very negative opinions of Kate Hudson. Does someone here have access to information about her that I've missed? Do you know her? Why is she a slut? Especially as opposed to any other actress or actor in H'wood? Que pasa?

by Anonymousreply 5008/28/2013

R35 Yes, Julia Phillips said Goldie never showered. Always thought Julia's "scandalous" book was full of no decent gossip.

by Anonymousreply 5108/28/2013

Kate Hudson is a shit actress with no talent.

by Anonymousreply 5208/28/2013

Kate has a few good roles, Almost Famous, for example. I hated her character in Something Borrowed, but Kate was good in the role.

by Anonymousreply 5308/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.