Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

One of the biggest girl groups of the '90s. The 10-year anniversary of Left Eye's death just passed, and the two remaining members are planning a new album and biopic based on the girls' lives.

by Anonymousreply 10311/23/2013

Tender Loving Care

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2012

Good unreleased song from their 2002 "3D" album

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2012

^^Troll alert!!!!!!!^^

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2012

Shut it!

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2012

real good lickin music

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2012

I grew up in the 90's and loved TLC as a teenager. However, releasing a new album and touring when 1/3 of the group no longer alive seems like a flop in the making. Some things are best just left in the past.

by Anonymousreply 1605/05/2012

They could do the hologram thing with her that's all the rage these days.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2012

Things will never be the same again.

by Anonymousreply 2105/09/2012

They were great in the 90's, but some things are best left in the past. It's impossible to re-capture a time when 1/3 of your group is gone. And please don't suggest that hologram shit. Not even the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 2205/09/2012

R20, I think you're referring to Debra Killings. She is known as the "fourth member" of TLC, as she sings background in all of their songs. Left Eye sometimes sang harmonies or mimed onstage with the other girls, but she never sang a solo, as she was strictly a rapper. Chilli was the only true singer in the group, but T-Boz is good for her specific kind of voice--deep and smooth.

by Anonymousreply 2305/09/2012

Is there ANY footage out there of T-Boz and/or Chili actually singing live? I've never been able to find any.

by Anonymousreply 2405/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 2505/10/2012

OK, R25, Korean-style

by Anonymousreply 2605/10/2012

I liked in the Behind the Music episode where Lisa tells the TV audience to take out their pencils and follow along as she provides the math on how a mega-popular girl group "can sell 10 million records and still be broke!"

by Anonymousreply 2705/10/2012

I remembered watching the vh1 special "The last days of left eye" which documented her last days of life. At the end, it shows her car spinning out of control. It cut out when the car was going off the road. It was very disturbing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2805/10/2012

Debra Killings should be their third member for the tour (if they do it!). She sang on all their hits and her solo career ain't doing shit.

by Anonymousreply 2905/15/2012

Good idea, R29. But what about Left-Eye's raps? I still say the hologram thing would work.

by Anonymousreply 3005/15/2012

Here's Chilli in a new commercial for the TV station Bounce. She still looks great.

by Anonymousreply 3205/15/2012

I saw that show the other day and was going to comment about it.

What I thought was hilarious was T-Boz going on and on about how it's the 20th Anniversary of TLC and they haven't done anything in 10 years, etc.

She then goes on to bitch that she's spent her whole life putting off her solo career because she's always had to put TLC first.

Really, bitch? You had 10 years to do your solo thing. Face it, it wasn't TLC holding you back it's called no interest.

Don't go Chasing Waterfalls, Boz... stick to TLC.

by Anonymousreply 3701/05/2013

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 3801/05/2013

r37 = Nicki Minaj!

JK. I honestly think T-Boz was justified in all her explanation of why the solo thing hasnt worked out. Remember that TLC itself went through a bad rough patch after Lisa died. They did that reality show auditioning a person to replace Lisa, even though Chilli and Tionne had no intentions of ever finding someone to take her place. The fans were already thinking that TLC would never be the same after Lisa died and that just added to the confusion. Then the sickle cell and brain tumor and so on.

If Tamar can jump start a solo career at her age then T-Boz can too. She has one of the most unique voices ever, if she put out something with a 90s vibe the TLC fans would love it. Ive always adored this song she did for Raphael Saadiq's Instant Vintage album, she should do some tracks like this.

by Anonymousreply 3901/05/2013

Chilli is on the new season of [italic]Celebrity Cook-Off,[/italic] which starts tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 4001/05/2013

R28, I saw the "last days" too; it was kind of surprising that she was killed in that accident because she appeared to be wearing a seatbelt and they didn't appear to be speeding. It was weird how all of the sudden they just seemed to lose control of the vehicle and go in the ditch

by Anonymousreply 4101/05/2013

I still don't think she can blame TLC for not having started her career in the past decade. She said herself, TLC hasn't done anything in 10 years. That gave her plenty of time and opportunity to try it out. TLC definitely hasn't prevented her from trying to start a solo career in the past 10 years.

Now if she would have used her disease as an excuse/reason for her inability to attempt a solo career, fine. But to use TLC was just really lame.

by Anonymousreply 4201/05/2013

[quote]Now if she would have used her disease as an excuse/reason for her inability to attempt a solo career, fine. But to use TLC was just really lame.

From what I took from the first episode she was saying her illness did prevent her from doing a lot of things. TBoz would've had to have started her solo music right after Lisa died to have any chance in the music industry in the 2000s, and that would have been in poor taste on her part. That was when the big labels started shedding R&B acts left and right, and they never made a comeback. Now she has better chances because TLC is considered old-school and she can make songs that sound 90s-ish without people saying it sounds dated.

by Anonymousreply 4301/05/2013

And the opportunity is really only going to come if she gets on the TLC Reunion stuff. It's the only spring board she has so she sort of should just do it and deal. She kind of has no other options because I really don't think anyone is going to care about her otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 4401/05/2013

Each at their best:

T-Boz's lead in "Creep"

Left Eye's rap in "Waterfalls"

Chilli's lead in "No Scrubs"

by Anonymousreply 4501/05/2013

Love this video

by Anonymousreply 4601/05/2013

Sorry, video is "Hands Up".

by Anonymousreply 4701/05/2013

I saw episode 2 of TBoz's show. She has a great personality. TBoz seems like she either wants to nothing, or go crazy and do everything. I think she needs to figure out what her limit is not try to push it beyond that. It was a bit scary when she started to slur her speech and go in and out.

by Anonymousreply 4801/12/2013

That reality show was pointless. They could continue but I doubt anyone would give hem the chance. I have their CDs and I've been playing there hits cd and almost every song is great.

by Anonymousreply 4901/12/2013

Left Eye was so cool. However, that song and video she did with Sporty Spice just screamed 'lesbian'.

by Anonymousreply 5001/12/2013

The previews were embarrassing, so I'm glad the show is working out.

by Anonymousreply 5101/12/2013

The Nostalgia Chick did a great video honoring TLC:

by Anonymousreply 5201/12/2013

Lil Mama and Keke Palmer cast as Left-Eye and Chilli in the TLC movie

by Anonymousreply 5302/24/2013

I can't WAIT to see this movie. Word is, Pebbles is NOT happy as she's going to be portrayed in a negative manner. Lisa's family is upset with T-Boz and Chilli that they didn't include them in making the movie.

by Anonymousreply 5407/06/2013

The TLC VH1 movie will officially premiere this coming monday (Oct 21 at 9 PM EST). Can't wait. This week, T-Boz and Chilli are making the media rounds. Yesterday while at the radio show The Breakfast Club, they spilled some tea on Pebbles. Pebbles had a meltdown on twitter and will likely sue after she sees the movie.

This is getting good, folks!

by Anonymousreply 5510/16/2013

Their "Behind the Music" is my all-time favorite and I'm a BIG fan of that show.

"Crazy Sexy Cool" is still in heavy rotation at my house. Their new single ("Meant to Be") is okay but maybe it'll grow on me. Why can't they get back together with Dallas Austin and make another great record?

by Anonymousreply 5610/16/2013

Dallas Austin grew up with T-Boz in the Atlanta projects, and he was also formerly romantically linked to Chilli. I think maybe they just wanted a different direction for their music?

I'm not feeling their lip synced hits medley performances on GMA and The View though. They need to perform live.

by Anonymousreply 5710/16/2013

nobody cares about these hasbeens

by Anonymousreply 5810/17/2013

Oh go away R58 you loser.

Will you guys please post reviews of the VH1 movie for those of us not in the States?

by Anonymousreply 5910/17/2013

r55, the interview they didnt on the Breakfast Club was great. They are hilarious and have a really good outlook on life and all the shit that happened to them. Fate totally bought them together.

Now here is Perry Reid on TBN with Cece Winans praying for Whitney Houston, acting all sanctified lol

by Anonymousreply 6010/20/2013

Sorry, but Destinys Child does NOT compare to TLC.

by Anonymousreply 6110/20/2013

Here is a press conference at that 1996 Grammys when TLC won two awards. I hope this is in the movie. They were at the peak of their popularity on this night but ended up talking about how they were broke.

by Anonymousreply 6210/20/2013

R62 it is. The previews showed the girl playing Chilli saying "We're broke"

by Anonymousreply 6310/20/2013

Chilli is aging so well! I've seen her appearances last week and today on interview shows for the movie and she looks great. Skin still looks young and fresh.

by Anonymousreply 6410/21/2013

r61 They sure don't. TLC was a group and when Left Eye passed away you noticed the void right away. DC were nothing but a bunch of interchangeable back up singers to Beyonce. I still forget the third member that's not Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 6510/21/2013

I'm glad their TV movie did so well in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 6610/22/2013

Best girl groups of the 90s?

In terms of sheer talent, I don't think En Vogue can be beat. Brownstone had a great lead singer as well.

by Anonymousreply 6710/22/2013

Fire! Fire!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6810/22/2013

Pebbles is such a CUNT!

I am NOT giving her the benefit....of the doubt

by Anonymousreply 6910/22/2013

Will Pebbles use this as a return to music?

by Anonymousreply 7010/22/2013

R66 what were the ratings numbers?

I guarantee Pebbles will be heard from again really soon. She's probably talking things over with her lawyers all this week.

by Anonymousreply 7110/22/2013

They were on Wendy Williams and she asked that same question, they said they sent a tape to her to watch it, but everything in that movie was true so if she was going to sue she would lose. They pointed out when they signed their first deal the lawyer representing them was Pebbles' lawyer so there was a huge conflict of interest. Not to mention, the writers, producers, video companies, management were all Pebbles and La Reid...Dem Girls got raped. I didn't know Pebbles kick Chillie out of the group because she thought she was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 7210/22/2013

1 rumor not addressed is the one that Chilli and LA Reid either had an affair, or flirted...many thought that was a source of tension between Pebbles and Chilli as well.

by Anonymousreply 7310/22/2013

Is L.A. Reid into dudes too?

by Anonymousreply 7410/23/2013

4.5 million, r71. It was the highest rated telecast on VH1 in five years and the biggest cable movie of the year.

by Anonymousreply 7510/23/2013

Let Pebbles try. I believe TLC.

I wasn't feelin their past attempts to go on as a duo, but this new album sounds good. From Rolling Stone:

[quote][bold]The movie highlights your issues at LaFace Records, especially with your then-manager Perri "Pebbles" Reid. Knowing what you know now, what would you tell your younger selves if you could go back in time?[/bold] Chili: It's funny that you say that. If we had so much knowledge [back then], we probably wouldn't even be a group. We didn't have any power. We were unknown people. T-Boz: Now there's Twitter, there's YouTube. There's so much knowledge out right now and people like us who are talking about the things nobody told us. Get out there. Read books. Ask questions. Listen to these interviews. If you're one of them people who think it can't happen to you, Boo Boo: Yes, it can. It happens every day, and this business is worse than when we were here. There's vultures out here. You need to listen and learn. What I'm proud of, we learned from our lessons. [bold]You're actively working on a new album. I read that Lady Gaga penned a song for you?[/bold] Chili: It was a song that she did for an album with Dallas [Austin]. She was singing like TLC. T-Boz: She was a fan and we didn't even know. She was like, "I don't want to disrespect them," and was scared to put it on there. She called us like, "Oh my God, come down and meet me. I can't believe it." We were like, "This is Lady Gaga. Are you serious right now?" She was so excited and she had tears. She loved it. We're hoping to collabo with her on it but we already have the song. It's just that political record company business that screws things some times. If it works out, then she'll be on it. If not, it's still a song that she penned that's dear to her heart and dear to us, too, because of the passion she put into it. [bold]The song is called "Posh Life," correct?[/bold] T-Boz: It stands for Passionately Only Serving Him. [bold]Who is "Him"? The man upstairs or the man in the bedroom?[/bold] Chili: Oh hell, no! C'mon now! She talking about a regular guy. T-Boz: The G-O-D! Oh hell, no. I ain't serving no [regular] man. [bold]Other young artists have recently expressed their love for you. Drake brought you out at OVO Fest and J. Cole collaborated with you on "Crooked Smile." Who do you want to work with on this new album?[/bold] T-Boz: I don't know if I want her to sing it with us, but I'm curious to what type of song Taylor Swift would write for us. I'm curious to see what kind of pen she would write for TLC. Or like an Adam Levine. Somebody like that. They're phenomenal writers. Chili: I really want to know their version of a TLC song. It makes sense. T-Boz: She [Taylor Swift] sings "Unpretty" at her concerts. That would be my wish list for songwriters on this album.

More at link.

by Anonymousreply 7610/23/2013

I loved TLC but I just don't know if I want to hear new music from them without Left Eye...if T-Boz and Chilli either dropped the "L" from their name or both collaborated together then I'd be OK, but it's just not TLC without all 3 of them there.

by Anonymousreply 7710/23/2013

R77 I agree. Sometimes it's best to just leave certain things in the past. The flop of the "3D" album pretty much showed that people don't think it's the same without all 3 of them.

by Anonymousreply 7810/23/2013

How dare you start a thread with this title and not make it all about me!

by Anonymousreply 7910/23/2013

They sounded lame and looked taciturn, kind of like the US version of Atomic Kitten.

by Anonymousreply 8010/23/2013

Remember their reality show RU the Girl - where they looked for Left Eye's replacement? I wonder what ever happened to O SO Crispy the girl who won?

by Anonymousreply 8110/23/2013

[quote]1 rumor not addressed is the one that Chilli and LA Reid either had an affair, or flirted...many thought that was a source of tension between Pebbles and Chilli as well.

Well, they sorta covered it. In the scene where the girls are performing for Pebbles and LA in the office, LA walks up to them and comments about Chilli's looks and Pebbles gave total bitchface.

by Anonymousreply 8210/23/2013

Is their agent starting threads here now?

by Anonymousreply 8310/23/2013

R82 but that just makes the fans think Pebbles was jealous of Chilli. It didn't allude to Chilli and LA having an affair or even flirting, as she didn't answer him when he called her "the pretty one".

Pebbles was asked about that rumor though in an interview from a couple years back and from her reply, it sounded like something may have happened. This whole interview is very interesting and I find her charismatic but egotistical. Check out 32:00 for the Chilli-LA question and Pebbles' reply lol

by Anonymousreply 8410/23/2013

Chilli has started a petition to make mediatakeout and other tabloids stop insulting minors (aka celebrity offspring) after mediatakeout posted some hurtful comments about her 16 year old son, Tron. They've been implying, based on his clothing style in public, that he's gay. Here's another gossip site covering that story and you can see pics of Chilli and her lookalike, equally gorgeous, possibly gay son:

by Anonymousreply 8510/31/2013

r85, it is crazy how much he looks like Chilli, he really got those good looks from mom. I wouldn't put it past MTO to post those comments.

r84, after watching that vid, I can see that they accurately depicted Pebbles in the movie lol. She is just a go getter. I know Tionne and Rozonda appreciate all that she did for them. Seems like Pebbles wanted TLC to succeed just so she could add it to her list of life accomplishments. She reminds me of a female Puff Daddy. They came from nothing, and for them to accomplish huge goals is really all they want. Regard for other people's well being is not their first priority.

by Anonymousreply 8610/31/2013

R86 agreed about the Pebbles and Puffy comparison! never thought of that before but yes.

Lisa was so cool-I love that she made a pre-fame home video in 1989.

by Anonymousreply 8710/31/2013

Poor Pebbles--TLC got WAY more popular than anyone could have guessed. Perri would have been better off with something small and manageable like Puffy's groups (112, Dannity Kane, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 8810/31/2013

Ha ha "poor Pebbles"?! She made major bank from their first two albums.

by Anonymousreply 8910/31/2013

Bossip and mediatakeout are continuing to fuel the TLC-Pebbles feud. Bossip today for NO reason posted that Pebbles' interview that is linked on this page. It's from a few years ago, but they posted it because they know Pebbles is a hot topic. A month ago the video had about 15,000 views but today thanks to bossip it has over 100,000 and most of the comments of course are hateful.

by Anonymousreply 9010/31/2013

I can't knock them for soldiering on. It's been 10 years. They have themselves and children to feed. Plus, obviously the fulfillment of doing what they probably feel they were put on earth to do (among other things!).

by Anonymousreply 9110/31/2013

[quote] among other things!

Like slobbin' knobs.

by Anonymousreply 9210/31/2013

r92 don't start!

r86, Lisa was so cute. Apparently that cute guy talking with her was one of her good friends and he recently passed away. RIP to them both.

I remember when they released "Girl Talk" and "Hands Up" after Lisa died. The hot dudes in Hands Up (especially the one the with shaving cream all over his body at the end!) used to turn me on so much lol. Even though it was hot, I recall thinking it was a little too soon to have naked dudes grinding on them in a video. I think this is partly why Chilli and T-Boz weren't that well received after that last album. They probably should've scrapped that entire album and waited a couple years to reintroduce some new music, with Lisa on the interludes or something.

by Anonymousreply 9310/31/2013

It's just weird for TBoz and Chilli to carry on as TLC without Left Eye...they really should call themselves TC or just TBoz & Chilli...I was a big TLC fan but I simply don't care about any new music they put out. Even if the rumors that lil Mama might replace Left Eye are true, I won't want to hear their new music. It's not TLC without Left Eye.

by Anonymousreply 9411/01/2013

r94, T-Boz and Chilli unfortunately missed their chance to re-brand their music with that fourth album 3D. That album should've been a continuation of "Unpretty", mostly inspirational songs like the track T-Boz did at r39. People would've responded better to that, and I think they've figured it out now with "Meant To Be". T-Boz and Chilli can totally carry another album, just like they did with CrazySexyCool when Lisa was mostly absent. They've made it clear that they will never replace Lisa, and they will always go by TLC.

by Anonymousreply 9511/01/2013

Rumor of the day is that TLC has either been dropped or just left Epic Records. Of course the press is saying it has to do with Epic being headed by LA Reid, and a result of the group's ongoing feud with Pebbles, his ex-wife and mother of 1 of his sons.

On twitter, Chilli didn't confirm or deny the rumor, but simply responded to an inquiring fan to wait for a statement.

by Anonymousreply 9611/21/2013

R96 I knew that this album that they've SUPPOSEDLY been recording for the last few years would never see the light of day for one reason or another, however, I doubt it has anything to do with LA. If they were indeed dropped, it's probably because the label figured that if "Meant to Be" flopped even with all the publicity from the movie, then a full album would probably tank.

by Anonymousreply 9711/22/2013

R97 that is possible, but TLC's "20" compilation album sold decently, and their old hits surged on itunes for a couple weeks following the release of the movie.

TLC's new music was supposed to come out in the first quarter of 2014...

obviously we'll hear soon whether TLC is still with Epic and what happened.

by Anonymousreply 9811/22/2013

R98 Yes, the "20" album sold decently, but that's because of the old stuff/nostalgia. Lets face it - nobody cares about any of their post-2000 stuff. It's not because fans don't want to like it, but it simply isn't very good.

As far as a new album, I'm not holding my breath. We've been hearing about them "in the studio" for years now.

by Anonymousreply 9911/22/2013

LA Reid confirmed on twitter today TLC has NOT been dropped from Epic.

He also bizarrely wrote

[quote]and yes @officialchilli and @tbozworld are friends 4 life!

He picked the wrong T-Boz username though lol T-Boz' real twitter is @therealtboz

That's a real FU to ex-wife and mother of 1 of his sons, Pebbles. I mean it's 1 thing to have a business relationship...but to publicly say he's that close with 2 people who don't get on with Pebbles? LA is ALL about the dollar and clearly not a good person.

by Anonymousreply 10011/22/2013

Em, perhaps he's just Andre3000-flamboyant, but...

by Anonymousreply 10111/22/2013

R101 WOW! I thought that was Jermaine Stewart at first!

Honestly, her son pinged when he was on his mom's dating reality show a few years ago, so I'm not really surprised.

by Anonymousreply 10211/22/2013

R101 yeah he's probably gay but hey he's gorgeous. I just hope Chilli is wearing 6 inch heels in that pic lol She is VERY short and it would suck for him if he were as short as her when she's not wearing heels.

by Anonymousreply 10311/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!