Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Evan Lysacek is dumb as a post

He is a complete idiot. He was just on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and he couldn't even answer the first question. Meredith kept having to make excuses for him that he was too busy skating to know the answers. He is just a complete blank slate. He must be like an idiot doug savant.

by Anonymousreply 3805/05/2013

Dorothy Hamill admitted when she was training she barely had a high school eduction.

You are really living in a bubble when you train for the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2012

Who is considered a sidekick?

A. Jerry Seinfeld

B. Ed McMahon

C. Lucille Ball

D. Walter Cronkite

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2012

OP, were you watching the late night reruns they have of Millionaire? If so, damn, I usually watch, but this week I did not since celebrity appearances on this style of show bore me. I would have liked to see Evan as a contestant though, especially as an avid skating fan.

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2012

Why did Evan agree to do this show? It just shows how stupid and empty his head is. It was painful watching him try to come up with a thought. And they made him film a public announcement for his charity and his line reading was horrible. He read what was supposed to be a question as dead tone monotone.

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2012

R4, I'm watching it air right now. It must be a rerun from the weekday. It just ended and it's to be continued so I don't know how far Evan went in the game but probably not more than 5 questions.

He had to ask the audience on the first sidekick question. He had to skip the second Truman Capote question. Meredith had to help him with the third question by hinting to him. He only got the fourth question right on his own, which was a question about what is a common sweater name. The answer was cardigan. Then the show ended to be continued tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2012

I saw that show! He is a handsome guy but utterly stupid when it comes to pop culture, world events, or people in the news!

The sad part is that for the Celebrity Millionaire shows, they really dumb down the questions so the celebrities can get some of them right. Evan had a really tough time.

*He used lifelines on the first two questions! *He didn't know who Ed McMahon was! *Revoke his gay card (if he has one), he didn't know about Truman Capote! *Even the questions he got right, he seemed pretty uncertain! *He knew that Rocky was a flying squirrel! (Way to go, Evan!) *He used process of elimination to figure out a proper table setting! *He didn't know that the pope wears a miter! (Probably only Catholics would get that one right...) *He did know that Absolut was vodka! (Good for him, he drinks!) *He didn't know that Jimmy Carter was from Georgia!

He seems so timid and shy, and not bright. For his partner's sake, I hope he's good in bed.

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2012

I remember seeing one of the members of Boyz II Men on Celebrity Jeopardy many years ago, and I felt almost ashamed for him because he didn't even try to answer any of the questions; it was obvious he had no business up there.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2012

Wolf Blitzer from CNN got no money and was minus everything on Jeopardy.

Didn't get one question right.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2012

Reading the news doesn't require great intellect.

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2012

[quote]Reading the news doesn't require great intellect.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2012

R12, you should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing who B and D are... ESPECIALLY D.

It's not about being an eldgergay at all. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2012

Wait. You don't know who Lucille Ball was? Astounding.

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2012

That reminds me when I was a kid I thought her name was Lucy O'Ball.

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2012

[quote] He must be like an idiot doug savant.

Did you mean idiot savant? (Doug Savant is an actor, dipshit.)

by Anonymousreply 1605/05/2012

I was on a plane with him from Chicago to LA. Really bad skin - not that cute in real life, but he had a great butt.

Total bitchface the entire time - just begging to be noticed, but not to have anyone approach him.

I hope he saved what little money he's made - cuz he doesn't have what it takes to do much else.

by Anonymousreply 1705/05/2012

Maybe they deserve some understanding if they started working or training at a very young age and there was no priority put on their education. But so many celebrities are not undereducated, they are just DUMB.

by Anonymousreply 1805/05/2012

R16? I think it's very safe to assume he was being funny. That you didn't get his or her joke shows you need a major fuck to kill the bug up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2012

This is a rerun from 2010! Believe it or not, he was reportedly a pretty good student in high school. I think he needs to go to college asap!

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2012

OP, I find your thread title offensive.

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2012

Who cares how smart he is, how did his ass look?

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2012

Evan is so skinny and equine-looking, has a femmy voice and zero charisma off-ice. Hell, even on-ice he has trouble keeping people interested unless he skates cleanly.

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2012

Athletes are not exactly known to be the rocket scientist types. Evan is this to the extreme. His agent, (Yuki Saegusa) keeps Evan in the closet because quite frankly, Evan would get too easily lost in a bigger space.

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2012

Does he have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2012

Maybe early onset Alzheimers isn't really his choice for charity, but a condition he is a spokesman for.

by Anonymousreply 2605/06/2012

At least Lysacek won money for his charity, which is more than some of the contestants did.

FYI: Yuki Seagusa has not been Lysacek' agent since last May.

by Anonymousreply 2705/08/2012

This is the main reason why IMG beards Lysacek.

Notice at the USFSA ACC this weekend, how almost all male skaters stay away from Evan.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

I find it amusing how Lysacek and Weir rarely attend the same events. They are like polar beings.

So the skating events have to choose between Weir dragging the media or Lysacek dragging the old dogs of figure skating: often anti-gay old dogs like Scott Hamilton, Kristi Yamaguici, Michelle Kwan, Brian Boitano, Michael Weiss and Dick Button etc.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

Wow. It sounds like he is Ryan Lochte stupid. Maybe they should hook up and a non-reality show!

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

Not knowing Ed McMahon's role on the Tonight Show when you were 7 when he left doesn't make you stupid. It makes you ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

Coaches have been known to physically point Evan in the direction of an open doorway, so he doesn't walk into the wall.

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

I don't necessarily think he's stupid or ignorant.

Has this never happened to you?

by Anonymousreply 3305/05/2013

Athletes are, generally speaking, not known as the brightest bulbs on the tree.

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

R3, the answer was C, correct?

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

If the news declared Toasted Centipedes as the new tasty food trend, Dorthy Hamil would be telling the world she had always loved the taste of Toasted Centipedes, ever since she was a child. Understand how this womens brain works now?

Evan Lysacek didn't turn out to be the big draw US Figure Skating was hoping for. This is why they are still promoting Johnny Weir. Plus, Weir/Fireworks Sports is becoming the go to place for new skating shows. Scott Hamilton's Stars on Ice franchise, is on life support, US Figure Skating Association funded life support.

US Figure Skating needs to get off the Scott Hamilton - Michelle Kwan - Brian Boitano addiction. It isn't working and they are just turning off people.

by Anonymousreply 3605/05/2013

What was the question about Truman Capote?

by Anonymousreply 3705/05/2013

Who thinks Weiss and Boitano have something going on because Weiss is still the star of the show and how many years has this been?

by Anonymousreply 3805/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!