Since 1995

Does Lena Dunham really need 5 credits?

Girls

Directed by Lena Dunham

Written by Lena Dunham

Created by Lena Dunham

Executive Producer Lena Dunham

Starring Lena Dunham

I like the show but I kind of want to stick a fork in her eye.

by Woody Allenreply 5205/18/2012

Do you think the guy who plays the guy who fucks her is hot?

by Woody Allenreply 105/04/2012

To be honest, she is my favorite part of the show. The rest of it I could take or leave.

by Woody Allenreply 205/04/2012

Well, it's accurate. And each of those credits is a separate stream of money. But she could be like Mr. Allen and take a 'Written and Directed by' credit instead of two separate ones.

by Woody Allenreply 305/04/2012

Starring Bill Cosby

Created by William "Bill" Cosby

Executive Producer William Cosby

Consulting producer Dr. William E Cosby, PhD

(or something like that)

Great show for its time, Bill, but come on

by Woody Allenreply 405/04/2012

The show should have been canceled.

by Woody Allenreply 505/04/2012

I can't stand her or her dumb show

by Woody Allenreply 605/04/2012

I fear she'll be beaten to death by a mob someday

by Woody Allenreply 705/04/2012

How about starring...

Executive produced by...

Clothes coming from the closet of...

by Woody Allenreply 805/04/2012

I like the show.

by Woody Allenreply 905/04/2012

The guy who fucks her is butt ugly but his body is decent.

He's still way hotter than her.

by Woody Allenreply 1005/04/2012

jewish nepotism.

by Woody Allenreply 1105/04/2012

"Do you think the guy who plays the guy who fucks her is hot?"

No, and in NO WAY is he hotter than her.

by Woody Allenreply 1205/04/2012

She has "middle-aged divorcee art teacher" face

by Woody Allenreply 1305/04/2012

[quote]No, and in NO WAY is he hotter than her.

he has good pecs, she has well.....perhaps she doesn't smell?

by Woody Allenreply 1405/04/2012

Ugly by Lena Dunham

by Woody Allenreply 1505/05/2012

The credits really fucking annoy me.

by Woody Allenreply 1605/05/2012

Why the fuck not? The credits are honest - which is a lot more that most "Co-" people are in the entertainment industry.

Dunham is being set up as a poster child so she can be torn to shreds in the mainstream media.

Do you know what the main criticism of Dunham is on straight fanboy sites like AVClub?

It's that she's too fat to be taken seriously. That's it - game over for them. She's not 5'10" and 110 lbs., with fake perky tits and anime eyes. Dismissed. She must be stupid. Because HOW DARE a woman put herself out there unless it's to give straight boys a stiffy.

I had ZERO interest in Girls - my TV time is limited. It wasn't until I saw all of the entitled straight men clutching their beer cans in horror at the thought of a GIRL invading their Game of Thrones post-coital bliss did I get interested.

So fuck them. A lot of women like me became fans of Lena Dunham when straight men started ridiculing her.

by Woody Allenreply 1705/05/2012

YES

by Woody Allenreply 1805/05/2012

I agree with you Magdalene but I think the number of credits works against her. I would say the same about anyone. Oh, and fuck all Game of Thrones fanbois.

by Woody Allenreply 1905/05/2012

Straight boys have ripped on her ever since she posted her very first video on YouTube, which shows her splashing around in a fountain at Oberlin.

by Woody Allenreply 2005/05/2012

At first glance it looks like somebody's daddy gave her a tv show...

by Woody Allenreply 2105/05/2012

LenA Dunham is not Jewish.

by Woody Allenreply 2205/05/2012

Yes, she is - her mother, artist Laurie Simmons, is Jewish.

As per Wikipedia: Her mother is Jewish and her father is Christian (Dunham has said that her father is a Mayflower descendant); Dunham has stated that she feels "very culturally Jewish".

by Woody Allenreply 2305/05/2012

if it bothers you, don't watch it.

by Woody Allenreply 2405/05/2012

Game of Thrones is scifi gobbledygook at its worst. It's an unwatchable, poorly written, all exposition piece of dreck.

There's more wit and intelligence in five minutes of Girls then in the entire be-pimpled basement dwelling audience of GoT's combined.

by Woody Allenreply 2505/05/2012

watched it last night.... VERY FUNNY SHOW!!!

by Woody Allenreply 2605/05/2012

Why are we arguing over whether she's Jewish? Someone has mental problems.

by Woody Allenreply 2705/05/2012

Of course the guy is hot. He has a tight body and major big dick face going on. He would fulfill that lazy sunday fantasy of smoking weed and sucking dick all day long.

by Woody Allenreply 2805/05/2012

I don't dislike the show because of how she looks. I dislike it because of what she says.

by Woody Allenreply 2905/05/2012

"Of course the guy is hot. He has a tight body and major big dick face going on"

He looks like he graduated from Special Ed as an honorary student.

by Woody Allenreply 3005/05/2012

If her acting career takes off I guarantee you she will lose the weight and undergo plastic surgery.

by Woody Allenreply 3105/05/2012

Girls is a supremely shitty show, and the woman herself is a clumsy writer, has no original observations and is hard to look at for any extended period of time. HBO has already picked the show up for another season, but it's not the HBO of The Sopranos, or Game of Thrones; it's the other HBO of Dream On, Sex and the City and Arli$$- the shit HBO.

by Woody Allenreply 3205/05/2012

The last episode (the HPV one) had some clever and funny lines in it

by Woody Allenreply 3305/05/2012

"Girls is a supremely shitty show, and the woman herself is a clumsy writer, has no original observations and is hard to look at for any extended period of time"

Couldn't disagree with you more. It has the same tone as "Bored to death", with three hard to look at male leads. I like both shows.

by Woody Allenreply 3405/05/2012

Just take way one of the credits and give it to Beyonce.

by Woody Allenreply 3505/05/2012

Louis CK has the same number of credits on his show and I don't see anybody knocking him. He even gave himself an editing credit on the first episode.

by Woody Allenreply 3605/05/2012

How about:

Handed to Her by Mommy & Daddy

Make That Ugly Thing Go AWAY!

by Woody Allenreply 3705/05/2012

I'll take her over that plasticized Whitney Cummings any day.

by Woody Allenreply 3805/05/2012

There's been a lot of controversy about the lack of diversity in the casting of this show. It started a "hipster racism" discussion on several popular blogs. I'm not charmed by this series because it's basically a serialized version of her film "Tiny Furniture," which also features her parents' real apartment and costars her mom and sister, if you're curious. (You can watch it on Netflix streaming right now.) She seems to be a one-trick pony.

by Woody Allenreply 3905/05/2012

I love you, Magdalene.

That is all.

by Woody Allenreply 4005/05/2012

[quote]Game of Thrones is scifi gobbledygook at its worst. It's an unwatchable, poorly written, all exposition piece of dreck.

If you're going to criticize "A Game of Thrones", at least get the genre right: It's fantasy. Not science fiction.

by Woody Allenreply 4105/05/2012

[quote]Louis CK has the same number of credits on his show and I don't see anybody knocking him. He even gave himself an editing credit on the first episode.

I don't watch his show. The assumption that I am picking on Lena because she is a woman is pretty off base.

by Woody Allenreply 4205/05/2012

[quote]Louis CK has the same number of credits on his show and I don't see anybody knocking him. He even gave himself an editing credit on the first episode.

His show is innovative and so clearly his unique brainchild,a tour of vanguardism. Her show is so derivative that it's hard to take the writing, producing, and created by credits seriously.

by Woody Allenreply 4305/05/2012

I need 4 credits and the worst part is they have to be in science!

by Woody Allenreply 4405/05/2012

I am a woman and Lena Dunham and her stupid show annoy the hell out of me. She is not attractive, but what makes her and her cast even more unattractive is their repulsive behavior! I am a girl in her 20s. I cannot relate to any of these chicks. They have life easy with their gross sex lives (eww Lena, really, we already saw you take it up the butt in Tiny Furniture, do we really have to see you go Bareback Mountain again?) Seriously, this chick is obsessed with anal sex scenes. Her boyfriend is disgusting too.

Its not the way they look that makes them ugly, its the way these girls act.

by Woody Allenreply 4505/16/2012

Love the show. I think it's daring, funny, and I love the fact she isn't Charlize Theron. Sure, it's a niche show written about girls of a certain age who do everything wrong despite their better intentions otherwise, but I just happen to find it interesting.

by Woody Allenreply 4605/16/2012

I love the show, and Dunham is amazing considering she's only in her mid-20s. Bashing her looks is an idiot's criticism to make when there's an ENDLESS supply of extremely ugly actors whose looks aren't even mentioned ever. Just goes to show how the ole double standard never dies.

by Woody Allenreply 4705/17/2012

I like the show but it is very uncomfortable to watch. With the exception of Allison William's bf there is not one truly likable character on the show and even he is way too needy.

by Woody Allenreply 4805/17/2012

In what fantasy world does a woman without two cents to her name manage to find a job only to quit it without having another lined up? It might have actually been interesting if she was forced to exist in conditions that she found objectionable, i.e. sexual harassment, but because of her sense of entitlement, she just makes her grand statement and walks away. No wonder people find the writer and her character insufferable.

by Woody Allenreply 4905/17/2012

I think it's marvelous that she's given herself 5 credits, and I'm sure she works hard for every one of them. Sisterhood is powerful!

Of course, "Pretty and Photogenic" will never be one of them.

Namaste.

by Woody Allenreply 5005/17/2012

I watched her movie "Tiny Furniture". She sure loves showing her naked Andy Richter-like body.

I also noticed she had a lot of bathing (tub and shower) scenes in her film and TV show. In TF, she had 2 scenes of herself in the shower, both of them with her on her knees instead of standing upright, like a rape victim.

by Woody Allenreply 5105/18/2012

Why are you all so against multiple credits?

If a bitch works hard, then give credit where credit is due!

by Woody Allenreply 5205/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!