Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mick Jagger To Host Season Finale of SNL

NEW YORK (AP) — Mick Jagger will test his comic chops later this month as host of the "Saturday Night Live" season finale.

The Rolling Stones frontman has been a musical guest twice before on the long-running NBC show, and the network said Thursday he will perform musically on the May 19 finale. But he has never been host before, a job that usually requires participation in several comic skits.

The Rolling Stones mark their 50th anniversary as a band this year, but have yet to announce any activities to commemorate the occasion.

Jagger last year put out a disc as part of a group called SuperHeavy, which also included reggae singer Damian Marley and former Eurythmics founder Dave Stewart.

by Miareply 911/24/2012

This should be interesting...

by Miareply 105/03/2012

How cutting edge!

by Miareply 205/04/2012

Even I think he's too old to be taking up valuable air time.

But that's the Boomer way.

by Miareply 305/04/2012

There was some sort of documentary about Mick recently (in the last 3-4 years) and I found him to be charming, self-effacing and yes, funny, in it. I was quite surprised - I thought he'd be all serious and be pontificating about being an elder rockstar (much like Elton does, which is funny, because Elton is in the documentary).

I think he'll do a great job on SNL.

by Miareply 405/04/2012

Eli Manning is actually very funny

by Miareply 505/06/2012

The Stones are all very neat guys. Except the one who married the 16 year old. Charlie Watt may have the greatest personal style of anyone ever and Keith Richards invented the rock star uniform.

by Miareply 605/06/2012

I've always been pleasantly surprised whenever seeing Jagger interviewed -- he seems to have a good sense of humor. I remember the Stones were on the Simpsons awhile back and were pretty funny.

by Miareply 705/14/2012

Listen to the new Rolling Stones song 'Doom and Gloom'

by Miareply 811/24/2012

Listen to the new Rolling Stones song 'One More Shot'

by Miareply 911/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!