Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Romney Spokesman Was 'Instructed To Shut Up'

The Muzzling of Ric Grenell: An Update

(They all stink to high heaven: Grenell, Romney and Evangelicals.)

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2012

Stupid Andrew Sullivan doesn't get that Romney was only using Grenell for the northeast primaries and that Romney himself is as antigay as any fundamentalist alive. What a moron. How many times do we have to tell Andrew Sullivan about Mormons. He doesn't understand the first fucking thing about them.

by Anonymousreply 105/02/2012

Cry me a river.

I have no sympathy for any of them. Grenell was sleeping with the enemy, which serves him right. Romney was throwing him to the wolves with no backbone or intention to defend him.

So Grenell, go back and kiss their ass. They still hate you. You can be as neocon as you'd like, asshole. You're still gay--and nothing will change that.

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2012

Milky Loads is such a good friend! Maybe RIC will offer up his sloppy hole as a reward.

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2012

Evangelicals did not stop gay marriage in Hawaii and originally in Vermont. They didn't spend millions to stop gay marriage in California and Arizona and Florida. The money, the organization, the sock puppet evangelical groups were all funded by the Mormons. Romney's PAC itself gave $10,000 to oppose gay marriage in California. He tried all kinds of desperate measures to stop gay marriage in Massachusetts, and used a dormant 1913 law to prevent gays from other states being married there.

But Andrew Sullivan has fallen for the story that Mitt Romney personally has nothing against gays but is being "forced" to hate on us by the religious right.

What kind of idiot is Andrew Sullivan? Has he never been to Utah? Has he not taken a break from hunting for bug chasers in the last twenty years to size up our enemies? Apparently, he has not. Worthless Brit.

The Mormons are anti-individual to a degree that no western European on his generation would possibly understand.

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2012

Anti-individual is such a good way to put it. Read about the Mormon "grand beehive"

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2012

"Stupid Andrew Sullivan doesn't get that Romney was only using Grenell for the northeast primaries"

Where did you pick up this little nugget of wisdom? Romney had the race more than wrapped up by the time he hired Grenell, and in any case - ROMNEY IS FROM THE NORTHEAST. He didn't need any help winning those states. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2012

Beehive logo highway signs in Utah

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2012

He needed all the gay-positive Yankees to vote for him instead of Ron Paul R6. It would have been an immense disaster if he had failed to get 50% of the vote in any of the states, running without serious opposition. And he almost did.

by Anonymousreply 805/02/2012

Feeling sorry for Grenell is tantamount to pitying Bill Gates for falling out of the #1 spot on the Forbes List.

Could not care less about the asshole losing his job. Serves him right.

by Anonymousreply 905/02/2012

Unfortunately, the asshole (Ric Grennell, not Milky Loads) probably won't learn a single thing from this fiasco. Instead of having the awareness to clearly see that Romney through him under the campaign bus, Grennell is going to blame the liberals. What a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1005/02/2012

Grenell ought to be have fired--or not even hired in the first place. All of his 800--yes 800 Tweets displaying his bigoted, mysogynist attitude toward women should have disqualified him.

But Romney is a pussy and wouldn't defend Grenell anyway. And of course, Romney is 'down with the women' or so says his asshole wife Ann, when she reports back to him.

by Anonymousreply 1105/02/2012

I wonder what Romney will do next? Isn't he giving a speech at Liberty University graduation this month? Will he use that as his 'Sister Souljah' moment to excoriate anti-gay bigotry on the right?

:-) Oh, I do like to make myself laugh sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 1205/02/2012

R12, Romney was going to open his speech with, "I've brought a homosexual with me for you all to sacrifice" but now he's going to have to rewrite the intro.

by Anonymousreply 1305/02/2012

Isn't this really more about the Romney camp's willingness to fold up under pressure from the far right?

by Anonymousreply 1405/02/2012

Yes, R14.

It also demonstrates a lack of leadership and also that Romney is not a good businessmen.

Real leaders and businessmen make staff decisions based on who is best-qualified for the job, not based on their personal characteristics such as whether they are gay.

by Anonymousreply 1505/02/2012

No it isn't R14 and R15. Romney IS the right, and not "folding under pressure" from the right. Get your head out of your ass. Romney is no "moderate" and never was.

In 2006 for example, he vetoed 250 line items in the Massachusetts budget including stem cell research, every assistance for the poor, technical job training, you name it. He even vetoed an expansion of liquor licenses because he didn't want Massachusetts to become like those "wide open" cities out west. The legislature overrode every one of his vetoes (that's what a supermajority means). But now people look at his lack of accomplishment...when the legislature could ignore him....and say he was a moderate.. PIG IGNORANT!

by Anonymousreply 1605/03/2012

How in the hell did he win in MA?

I admit I didn't pay attention to his time as governor, so how in the hell did such a slimeball become governor?

by Anonymousreply 1705/03/2012

R17, he only won by a small margin over his Democratic opponent.

But how did he win? He did what he always does - he lied and presented positions he thought would be appealing to the audience of voters in MA he needed to win over by saying he was a moderate Republican who was pro-gay and pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 1805/03/2012

My favorite lie:

"I'll be better than Ted Kennedy for gay rights."

Now he's trying to spin that quote away. Good luck, Mitt!

by Anonymousreply 1905/03/2012

I'm assuming the DNC is going to run lots of ads of Mitt Romney's lies and flip-flops from his debates with Ted Kennedy and during his debates for Governor. Many people can already see clips on YouTube from the debates.

Here's a clip from the Romney/Kennedy Debate, October 1994 on abortion:

by Anonymousreply 2005/03/2012

R20. Thanks for posting the YouTube clip. It's further evidence that Romney is a lying, flip-flopping douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 2105/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!