Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

airbnb

What a brilliant idea.

I've never used the site until now, and I'm writing this from a lovely coastal town, listening to chimes and birds and feeling the breeze. Totally inexpensive, too.

I have nothing to do with them as a business, I'm just so blissed out I thought I should share.

My hosts emailed me, "oh, we won't be there when you arrive, let yourself in, help yourself to anything you'd like in the garden. We'll put some fresh eggs from our chickens in your fridge..."

Just lovely, I tell you. Makes me wish I had a room or in-law unit to rent out.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2012

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 104/30/2012

I think it's a misspelling R1. It was a movie about a dog that played basketball.

by Anonymousreply 204/30/2012

Sorry, it's a service where people rent out their own homes/rooms/guest houses. Often cheaper than hotels, and in this case, waaay more charming.

Lots of last-minute options, and some funky ones ("van on the coast." "living room couch, Mountain View.")

by Anonymousreply 304/30/2012

OP lives in Portlandia

by Anonymousreply 404/30/2012

Check out this one in Barcelona for $45.

by Anonymousreply 504/30/2012

How do you let yourself in? Do they just leave the doors unlocked? Leave the key under the mat? How is that safe?

by Anonymousreply 604/30/2012

Probably varies, R6. I'm staying in pretty rural area so they just left cottage open. I imagine others use lockboxes, or live on the property and are there to let guests in and give them the keys.

My host just told me that they just started renting this cottage in April, thought they'd rent it once or twice a month, and it's been booked solid every weekend. He's raised the rate twice and it's still booking.

by Anonymousreply 704/30/2012

My nephew tries to travel to see art museums and take small art classes/workshops with artists he admires when ever he has even a long weekend off from college. He can't afford hotels and hates the few hostels he's been at, he's had everything he brought with him stolen three seperate times, so something like this could be great for him.

by Anonymousreply 805/01/2012

Before anyone falls for this blatant shilling, please read the link below.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.