Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No more Papa John's

AT PRIVATE FUNDRAISER, MITT ROMNEY TELLS DONORS THAT DEMOCRATS HATE GOLF COURSES

Mitt Romney attended a fundraiser at the luxurious estate of Papa John’s founder John Schnatter recently, where he told the audience that Democrats don’t believe anyone should own a golf course or a pool. “What a home this is, what grounds these are, the pool, the golf course,” he said. “You know, if a Democrat were here he’d look around and say no one should live like this. Republicans come here and say EVERYONE should live like this. This is a real tribute to America, to entrepreneurship.” Watch it:

To attend the fundraiser, contributors gave anywhere from $1,000 per person to get into the general reception to $25,000 to be listed as a co-host for the event.

by Anonymousreply 4511/17/2012

Does he pull this shit out of his ass?

by Anonymousreply 104/30/2012

Everyone should always keep in mind exactly HOW Romney made his millions - by destroying successful companies which in turn made people lose their jobs and pensions. How can anyone attempt to live the way he does when "job creators" like him prevent it (not that living like him is realistic for most people).

by Anonymousreply 204/30/2012

Shitt Romney should get permanently stuck in the elevator that he's building for his cars in the $12 million home he's renovating in San Diego.

by Anonymousreply 304/30/2012

Not a problem ... Papa John's pizza sucks.

And John Schnatter seems like a real douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 404/30/2012

and a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 504/30/2012

[quote]“You know, if a Democrat were here he’d look around and say no one should live like this. Republicans come here and say EVERYONE should live like this

In the words of someone who doesn't lie habitually"

“You know, if a Democrat were here he’d look around and say no one should live like this without contributing to the welfare of the poor. Republicans come here and say EVERYONE should live like this even though we know 99% never will. They're not our problem.

by Anonymousreply 604/30/2012

The working class can't afford to build golf courses? Then let them build bowling alleys!

by Anonymousreply 704/30/2012

R7:

And borrow 20K from their parents to build them -- the parents who got laid off when Bain Capital closed the business and put them on the street.

by Anonymousreply 804/30/2012

Wow, he continually shows us what a horse's ass he really is!!

by Anonymousreply 904/30/2012

The rich DO NOT want anyone else to live that way. Surely he knows that.

by Anonymousreply 1004/30/2012

Why are all these Pizza assholes so right wing? I fucking hate Papa John, what a douche. I hate the way he moves his head when he says, Better Pizza, Better ingredients, Papa Johns.

A Democrat has no problem with wealth as long as he pays fair taxes which I am sure Papa John thinks infringes on his freedoms.

by Anonymousreply 1104/30/2012

Lol at r7

by Anonymousreply 1204/30/2012

R10, you're pretty much right. I can guarantee John Schnatter's neighbors would never be allowed to have a golf course; too many in the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 1304/30/2012

Also good to see Romney finally turned the corner on appealing just to the rich.

by Anonymousreply 1404/30/2012

Romney probably considers pizza "ethnic food"

by Anonymousreply 1504/30/2012

"You probably got this pizza at 7-Eleven."

by Anonymousreply 1605/01/2012

"Pizza places are people, my friend."

by Anonymousreply 1705/01/2012

R3, that raises the question of WHY does Mitt Romney live in California anyway?

I think more voters, including Republican voters, need to be reminded of that. Why doesn't Romney live in his beloved 'home state' of Michigan where he grew up and where he loves the trees and the lakes? Why doesn't he live in Massachusetts where he was Governor?

Why has he moved to yet another state, and why is he living in evil, liberal California if he is such a dedicated conservative Republican?

by Anonymousreply 1805/01/2012

R18. Romney has a house in the San Diego coastal neighborhood of La Jolla (it's not a suburb; it's part of the city) because it's one of the wealthiest communities in the entire country. If you've got the money, it's scenic, picturesque and one of the most desirable places to live.

The Romneys have no desire to settle during their senior years in Michigan or Massachusetts. They've had quite enough at any attempt to live among the common folk.

by Anonymousreply 1905/01/2012

R3, I think I've heard that Anthony Robbins lives in La Jolla. I'm sure he's a multi-millionaire too considering how much money he has persuaded people to give him for motivation seminars & training over the years.

The point is that this should be brought out and exposed about Romney - he's not interested in his beloved Michigan at all. He's living out in California, in a Democratic state, in a wealthy area, with the celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 2005/01/2012

R18, R20. La Jolla isn't exactly 'living with the celebrities.' That would be Bel Air, Beverly Hills, etc. However, La Jolla is more lowkey than those LA communities, but nonetheless, it is very wealthy and very scenic. It's also very Republican.

Regarding Michigan, I'm not sure how 'beloved' it is to the Romneys. He hasn't lived there from the time he was a very young man in the 1970s. And he certainly isn't going to hobnob with the often-troubled auto industry.

As for Massachusetts, he's probably had enough. He lived in Belmont, which is a well-to-do-community just outside of Boston. However, the reason he didn't run for reelection as governor is because he became very unpopular the last couple of years during his one andd only term. He never would have won again.

I don't think the media has to 'expose' Mitt for having yet another house. Through his home purchases, he's made it pretty clear that he makes no excuses for choosing wealthy communities in which to live. He has (had?) another house (mansion) on the side of a mountain in Aspen, Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 2105/01/2012

Yes, I know Mitt doesn't care about Michigan, that's why I was trying to be sarcastic and critical in using the term 'beloved'. The point is that during the primaries he went there and claimed how he loved growing up there, loved the trees & oceans and claims it as his 'home state'.

The point is that he doesn't care about any particular state. He is an opportunist and a user and just moves from state to state like a leech taking what he can from it and then throwing it away and going somewhere else.

Incidentally, the reason I referred to Mitt house's in La Jolla being a place for celebrities is because it's the former house of Oscar-winning actor Cliff Robertson.

by Anonymousreply 2205/01/2012

[quote]The point is that during the primaries he went there and claimed how he loved growing up there, loved the trees & oceans and claims it as his 'home state'.

I thought I had sailed the "seven seas" but somehow I missed out on the Michigan Ocean.

by Anonymousreply 2305/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 2405/01/2012

I never liked their pizza that much anyway, so I don't have to worry about giving these dumb fucks any of my money.

by Anonymousreply 2505/01/2012

Excpt the Republicans see to it that NOT "everyone should live like this," the filthy liar.

Let's have Child Labor and no Minimum Wage, right, WILLARD?

by Anonymousreply 2605/01/2012

I'm reminded of my Dad's short answer to what's the difference between Republicans and Democrats – Republicans think the country would be a better place if more people were rich and Democrats think the world would be a better place if fewer people were poor.

by Anonymousreply 2705/01/2012

hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 2805/01/2012

Keep on keepin' on Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 2905/01/2012

Never stepped foot in one or ordered from one.

Sacrilege for a native NY'er to do so.

by Anonymousreply 3005/01/2012

nor*

by Anonymousreply 3105/01/2012

Eh, that pizza gave my mom and brother the runs. Never ordered it again.

by Anonymousreply 3205/01/2012

I agree! Papa John's was my number one choice for pizza until I saw the fundraiser for Romney! I now spend my middle class dollars at local pizza shops, since they are the job creators.

by Anonymousreply 3308/09/2012

Bullshit!

I've played more than four times as much golf as Bush!

by Anonymousreply 3408/09/2012

If you want to stop giving your hard earn money to these rich assholes here are some more products you should'nt buy because the Koch brothers own the following companies/products: Angel soft Brawny paper towels Dixie plates, bowls, napkins, cups Mardi Gras napkins & towels Quilted Northern toilet paper Soft & Gentle toilet paper Sparkle napkins Vanity fair napkins Zero napkins If you track the money you will find the corruption, maybe that's why Mitten's don't want to show those tax returns! And whenever McCain speaks about the 23 years of tax returns Mitten's gave for his VP search notice he never says "he did pay his taxes" only that "Sarah Palin was more qualified" which should be the biggest insult he's ever gotten! But McCain dosen't say much about Mitts taxes since he's seen 23 years worth? Just saw a commercial about Papa John charging customers 15 cents more on their pizza because of Obamacare...I bet most of them don't even get healthcare benefits because their part-time employees!!!Nice try John-trying to make the President look bad but all he's doing is losing customers!

by Anonymousreply 3508/09/2012

Oh Papa John's need to stop the bullshit! Charging customers more money because of Obama care....guess what keep your funky ass pizza! I will be happy to spend my money at a local Mom & Pop pizza shop and keep my OBAMA CARE!!! You see this is the kind of bullshit that the 1% elite do to help the wimp = RMONEY!

by Anonymousreply 3608/09/2012

That Papa John's guy freaks me out. I always figured him to be closeted so I guess it makes sense he's a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 3808/09/2012

PAPA JOHN'S OWNER JOHN S. IS FULL OF SHIT! He claims his customers will have be charged 11-15 cents more becausw of Obama care! Ok here's where the bullshit hits the fan...aren't most PAPA John's franchised? So how the hell does he come up with this fictious amout for paying 11-15 cents for pizza's? Only thing he's doing is hurting the franchise owner's!!! You guys who own PAPA Jon's should tell him to stop screwing you over for his buddy Mitten's.

by Anonymousreply 3908/09/2012

Before ths campaign is over I won't be able to eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 4008/09/2012

Republicans don't say "EVERYONE should live like this." They say "WE should live like this."

by Anonymousreply 4108/09/2012

I will never spend another penny on one of his crappy pizza's again. Never. We all need to start thinking with our wallets and support local businesses that appreciate the hard work their employees do.

by Anonymousreply 4211/17/2012

These people are just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4311/17/2012

Republicans think too many people live like that.

by Anonymousreply 4411/17/2012

[quote]Hysterical! Not one of you complained when Nobama made similar fund raising efforts through Hollywood, NYC and Greenwich.

Dear heart, that's because Obama didn't say stupid shit like this. Do we really need to explain things to you, dear? Do we need to use smaller words?

[quote]Democrats are all fucking hypocrites.

Not at all, dear, but nice try. Next time, try to make your trolling a bit more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 4511/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.