Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

God too busy helping Tebow throw touchdowns....

...to save little Isabel Celis from the horror that was, is, will befall her?

It's cases like this that make me so angry at Christians, who pray for God to let their football team win, who cry "miracle" everytime a tornado takes their mobile home but spares them and their beloved arthritic Maltipoo, Snapper.

I guess it makes me so mad because I accept the truth that there is no all-powerful and engaged being out there who can intercede to keep truly awful things from happening or who can punish the truly evil. The only real power is within each of us.

The Celis case is really bothering me because she looks so much like my beloved, tiny little 6-year old niece, who is so sweet and innocent and full of love for everyone and everything, who makes me save ladybugs out of my house. I can't imagine the Hell her family is going through.

It's just heart-breaking to think the little girl may be out there somewhere still alive if they could just find her.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2012

Fisting...how does your niece feel about fisting?

by Anonymousreply 104/28/2012

OP, the way Christians "use" God and twist what he represents isn't the truth. It bothers me when people expect some Divine Force to swoop in and save the day and say since it didn't happen, it "proves" there is no God.

by Anonymousreply 204/28/2012

My R1, aren't you clever and irreverant.

Since my niece doesn't know what fisting is, I suspect she has no opinion on it, but thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 304/28/2012

whoever kidnapped her is a sick freak

by Anonymousreply 504/28/2012

[quote]She's in a better place. I know.

How?

by Anonymousreply 604/28/2012

It was an uncle or grandma or something they aren't telling us.

by Anonymousreply 804/28/2012

[quote]and I know there's a heaven.

How?

by Anonymousreply 904/28/2012

Geez you're a pessimist!

by Anonymousreply 1004/28/2012

A realist.

by Anonymousreply 1104/28/2012

OP, if you believe that "there is no all-powerful and engaged being out there who can intercede to keep truly awful things from happening," then why are you angry at Christians? If there is no God, then what possible difference does it make what Christians believe? How is their religion having an impact on you or this tragic case?

Because, if there is no supreme being, then no one is taking time away from saving this little girl to put Tim Tebow's wobbly passes into the hands of some receiver on his team.

by Anonymousreply 1204/28/2012

Because, R12, what many Christians will do in cases like this is convince themselves the parents somehow deserved it, perhaps they aren't Christians or good Christians, or even worse, they'll say it's "God's Will" this has happened to this little girl, for reasons we can't know.

It also makes me angry to some extent that there is no higher power out there that can prevent these horrible things from happening or can ensure the evil bastard(s) who did this are caught.

by Anonymousreply 1304/28/2012

Seems pretty obvious it was a family member or someone close to the family.

by Anonymousreply 1404/28/2012

So R13, when children or people DO escape bad situations, do you think a Supreme Being intervened then? Maybe is was the course of this child's life to have this occur. We do not know. We grow as human beings when we learn, through good times and bad. Life is hard and bad things happen. Life is also good and beautiful things happen.

You are tying up your feelings for Christians who have twisted who and what God is (I've been guilty of this myself) and using that to make judgements. That's not fair.

Try to seperate organized religion from that which is truly spiritual. The true spiritual comes from a place of Love, the other comes from control and fear.

by Anonymousreply 1504/28/2012

"Environmentalists often refuse to interfere with nature so that evolution can continue unabated. This is the same reason why God does not interfere with our evolution."

by Anonymousreply 1604/29/2012

Convenient. A god that's very hands off.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2012

Damn, if only she was blonde, OP, then God and Nancy Grace would have been all over her disappearance.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.