Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Census: Gay Couples More Likely To Be Interracial Than Straight Couples

A new analysis of 2010 U.S. Census data has found that same-sex couples are more likely to be interracial or inter-ethnic compared to their heterosexual counterparts.

Analyzed by the UCLA School of Law's Williams Institute, "Same-Sex Couples In Census 2010: Race And Ethnicity" found that 20.6 percent, or more than one in five same-sex couples, were interracial or inter-ethnic, compared with 18.3 percent of straight unmarried couples, and 9.5 percent of straight married couples.

Among the study's other interesting findings: those same-sex couples which included a racial or ethnic minority were also more likely to be raising children, and the number of same-sex couple-led households increased at a faster rate between 2000 and 2010 compared to that of married or unmarried heterosexual households.

"This is our first 2010 glimpse of the racial and ethnic compositions of U.S. households headed by couples, including same-sex couples, Gary Gates, Williams Distinguished Scholar at UCLA School of Law’s Williams Institute, said in an email statement. "The new Census data help provide a fuller picture of the diversity within the LGBT community."

The new analysis was produced as a counterpart to "Households and Families: 2010," officially released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

by Anonymousreply 5508/01/2013

Well, if they're willing to break one taboo, why not break all of them? Go for broke.

by Anonymousreply 104/27/2012

Blatino husbears

by Anonymousreply 204/27/2012

Might make for an interesting survey for DL. I am a white guy with a Latino guy.

by Anonymousreply 304/27/2012

I agree with R1. Once I got that I was lied to about the gay is bad thing, I was opened up to at least ponder the value of other taboos.

I am a white gay guy married to a black gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 404/27/2012

Duh. We all knew this, that gays were less racist. The only people who don't are the paid provocateurs the Republicans send here.

by Anonymousreply 504/27/2012

Even Kevin Keller in Archie Comics married an African-American guy.

by Anonymousreply 604/27/2012

Well this is great news. I always knew that DL was outside of the mainstream on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 704/27/2012

Good for R3 & R4!

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2012

In my conservative industry, up until the mid-90s, black people were far less popular than gays. Gays were not beloved, but when it came choosing between blacks and gays, gays always got the pass.

It was like in that movie "Far From Heaven" where the surrounding characters were not happy when the male of the couple was gay, but they wanted to kill his wife for taking up with a black guy.

In the cases I saw, it was clear that the real problem in the others was something about preserving racial purity, because not only did gays get a pass over blacks, no one minded when they dated blacks.

When a white gal in our department dated a black guy though, you could feel the rage behind people's stoney faces as they looked on.

That all reversed in the mid-90s, though.

by Anonymousreply 904/27/2012

And??? Is this supposed to be news? Who the hell cares?!

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2012

I mean, given the disgusting, racist comments posted in almost every thread.

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2012

R11, those people are just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2012

R11--take no notice of the DL racists. They can't get dates of any race.

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2012

There are at least a few reasons. Certainly gay people have been compelled to consider the nature of prejudice. Also, perhaps the only justification for people being reluctant to enter relationships with people of another race is the concern that their children might confront difficulties associated with being bi-racial, without being able to identify completely with either race. This is far less likely to be a problem for gay couples, who need to go outside their relationships in order to conceive, and can opt for a donor of either partner's race.

by Anonymousreply 1404/27/2012

This groundbreaking meta-analysis will appear in the next issue of Pretension Journal -- a collection of research that promises to only scratch the surface.

by Anonymousreply 1504/27/2012

That was because they were afraid of being sued by blacks but not gays who had no rights...until the movie Philadelphia made them fear gays also R9.

by Anonymousreply 1604/28/2012

R16 -- when I said it was al reversed in the mid-90s, suddenly no one seemed to mind interracial dating, but many gays started to get beat up on, unless they acted straight.

by Anonymousreply 1704/28/2012

Black and only interested in white guys

by Anonymousreply 1804/28/2012

[quote]Black and only interested in white guys

Why only whites?

by Anonymousreply 1904/28/2012

Because I'm self-loathing. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 2004/28/2012

just a preference, been attracted to very very very few black guys and girls in my life. It has always been white guys & girls . What can i say i have a type and not ashamed of it

by Anonymousreply 2104/28/2012

Coz white bottoms love big black cocks

by Anonymousreply 2204/28/2012

Yes, right 21, "your type" and you are not at all racist. Congrats!

The good news here is that black guys know they dodged a bullet not dating you!

by Anonymousreply 2304/28/2012

What about small, or average black cocks, R22

by Anonymousreply 2404/28/2012

R23 are you being sarcastic

by Anonymousreply 2504/28/2012

R22, white top here who likes big black asses. Not everyone is afflicted with mandingo fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 2604/28/2012

[R26] Are the hair around black assholes all curled up?

by Anonymousreply 2704/29/2012

[quote]You see the ugly white guys dating handsome black men. It's a step up for the black guys

Where did you come up with this horseshit? I swear, some white gays are so racist and delusional it's pathetic. Believe it or not, not all people worship white men.

by Anonymousreply 2904/29/2012

The black/white couples I see are equally attractive.

The blacks who exclusively date white guys don't seem as desperate.

I'm black and prefer to date/hook up with white bottoms.

I don't do it for $$, "social capital", or anything else. I do fine in all those departments all by myself. I dont do it because i think white men are going to "save me" or give me more power or societal access. I don't do it because i think i will be more "accepted" in the mainstream gay community. I don't do it because I think black men are less attractive/smart/successful/etc. I could give a shit about the white gay scene and the crappy music that is completely unappealing to me.

I do it because I like fucking and eating hairless white holes. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 3004/29/2012

Who do you look like who's famous r30?

by Anonymousreply 3104/29/2012

R27, most of the black guys I've been with haven't been very hairy at all - anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3204/29/2012

Most of the mixed gay couples I see in my city are White/Asian.

by Anonymousreply 3304/29/2012

[quote]Even Kevin Keller in Archie Comics married an African-American guy.

He did not, where did you hear THAT?

by Anonymousreply 3404/29/2012

In NYC I think there is still far less interracial marriage between gay men - hook-ups, maybe, but actual partnerships whether legal or not - nope.

That being said, I wil still never forget the stare of death a black woman gave a white woman who was all over a good-looking black man on the A-train a few months ago. The couple both sort of slumped into their seats once they saw the look she was giving them.

by Anonymousreply 3504/29/2012

R35, That's sad! l lived in Inwood for years and had to take the A train downtown to work. Why can't people just mind their business?

I hate to hear stories like this...and yes, I'm a black woman.

Let people find love where ever they see fit!

by Anonymousreply 3604/29/2012

I think the baggage our culture carries around relating to race and gender makes interracial dating much more fraught for straight people than it is for us - especially between black people and white people.

by Anonymousreply 3704/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 3804/29/2012

For R34, see link.

by Anonymousreply 4004/30/2012

[quote]I don't find black guys sexually appealing... alright, there's been about one or two, but that's about it.

No need to explain - I feel the same way about white guys. You're either attracted to someone or you're not.

by Anonymousreply 4104/30/2012

I agree that gay men are much freer to pursue their ethnic turn-ons that straight people. They have already gone against conventionality, so there is less to lose socially.

by Anonymousreply 4204/30/2012

Cause r18 is a house nigger

by Anonymousreply 4304/30/2012

I've a white gay guy who's had all the colors of the rainbow because I'm a total whore. I like 'em all.

by Anonymousreply 4404/30/2012

Openly gay people are more likely to live among other races of people.

I've never been attracted to East Asians. I am a fan of Ninja Warrior. It's a Japanese game show where guys test themselves on an obstacle course. Muscular guys are what I'm attracted to so the guys on Ninja Warrior should get me hard but they don't. They usually have a couple white guys competing and I always find them attractive even gymnasts the Hamm twins which I didn't before when they were on a team of white guys where they didn't look as attractive in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 4504/30/2012

I'm so tired of Lady Gaga and her ugly, gay fans.

by Anonymousreply 4604/30/2012

Miss Dionne at R46, put the crack pipe down, sister, and take the next exit to get back to San Jose.

by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2012

It should come as no surprise that we gays are more open about what is attractive to us than straights but for sure I've seen an increase in interracial dating, at least in the northeast where I live.

As a white guy, I LOVE the idea that guys of many different races and ethnicities want to date me. I'm attracted to all backgrounds and don't only want to date white guys. The only thing that bothers me is when I ask my non-white dates about their preferences, many of them say they don't want to date their own group, or that they only date whites. It makes me sad that for some of them, they only find white guys attractive. I'm conflicted about it because I love being thought of as attractive, but I don't want it to be only because I'm white. I certainly don't find all white guys to be attractive and there are plenty of non-white guys that I go crazy for.

by Anonymousreply 4809/18/2012

Sounds right. Fits us - Black and White - north and south - escaping our roots - and a lot of our friends too. 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 4909/18/2012

Duh. It's a slap in the face to all the race-baiting republican trolls here, so they will try to make this thread die.

by Anonymousreply 5009/20/2012

thanks r40 I thought you were kidding.

by Anonymousreply 5107/31/2013

I think it's amazing. I love seeing interracial couples, especially gay ones. Fuck the racist portion of posters here. To the rest of you, let's keep spreading the love!

by Anonymousreply 5207/31/2013

I've always felt that since we have the same "equipment" already that it's kind of an opposites attracting kind of thing. I'm a white gay guy and while I can totally find other white guys hot, a sexy black or latin guy really gets me going. (although I'm not into Asians at all)

by Anonymousreply 5307/31/2013

Why is it that when a black person says they only date whites, he's a self hating, racist? Yet when a white person says he only dates blacks, Not. A. Peep.

by Anonymousreply 5408/01/2013

R43 you should have signed that Rae Dawn Chung.

by Anonymousreply 5508/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!