Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Memo to Robert Redford

Get a better class of rug. Yeesh. Did you buy that thing on Ebay?

by Anonymousreply 9310/11/2014

That is awful.

by Anonymousreply 104/30/2012

Redford seemed to go from full thatch to hair helmet without any intervening thinning. Usually some harsh lens notices a superstar's 'imperfections.'

by Anonymousreply 304/30/2012

He is also wearing a ton of makeup in that pic. Why not just wear a cap like Ron Howard? Or own his baldness like Sean Connery?

by Anonymousreply 404/30/2012

I'll have you know this is the finest Dynel wig in the whole Zsa Zsa Gabor collection!

by Anonymousreply 504/30/2012

To go from being one of the most gorgeous men in Hollywood to looking like Don Imus' long lost twin must really be stressful.

by Anonymousreply 604/30/2012

He needs a lighter, blonder wig, or a grey/blonde combo. The unnatural red color is what screams 'piece'. A tan would help him too.

by Anonymousreply 704/30/2012

He's 73; he needs to let go. All he is doing is accentuating his age with an dead red panda on his head.

by Anonymousreply 804/30/2012

I'll bet he has liver spots all over his penis.

by Anonymousreply 904/30/2012

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 1004/30/2012

There is such a huge difference between the pic with Demi in 1993 and the more recent one. He's really again badly though blondes are well-known not to age well. The bad plastic surgery doesn't help.

The hair color with Demi would be so much better - though all grey would look spectacular on him - a la John Slattery.

The real problem with longtime celebs is that there is no one around them to give them the harsh messages and just say 'no' to bad ideas like dark red hair.

by Anonymousreply 1104/30/2012

He was hottest in The Sting. Newman Redford sandwich...

by Anonymousreply 1407/31/2012

I think he looks good in the Daily Mail photos posted by the OP.

There are other photos from a year or two ago where he was wearing a much worse looking wig perched on his head and askew.

The previous wig looked more synthetic and even more fake.

I think the color is okay in the Daily Mail photos. Doesn't look terrible. He could try other colors, but I'm not sure they would look that much better.

He could try a wig with some gray in it - but maybe he tried that on and it didn't look good.

I think he looks fine for his age. It is difficult to be photogenic in one's 70's and he still manages to look good.

Several years ago, the deep crevices and deep grooves were very extreme on his face. Then he had some facial work done a couple of years ago, and he now looks better.

by Anonymousreply 1607/31/2012

I think it is a good idea to keep your hair short as you loose it and it goes grey and wirey. That is my strategy. The plastic surgery is not great either. I think its best to avoid that as well. One exception- eyelid droop and trouble closing eyes completely associated with age. But that is more practical than a matter of looking younger.

by Anonymousreply 1707/31/2012

He no longer has a young enough face for long and floppy-banged hair, be it his own or a wig. His face and skin tone (wrinkled and liver-spotted!) also can't support that much hair color, be it natural or dyed.

He would also benefit from a shirt with a proper collar. Again, too much wrinkling around the neck and jaw line to expose so much worn-out skin. His neck looks very vulnerable going into the lapels of his jacket without the frame of a crisp shirt collar.

If you take someone like Cary Grant, who aged magnificently, as the gold standard....well, just imagine Cary with Redford's hair and tee-shirt and you can see even Cary couldn't have pulled it off.

Eventually, EVERYBODY is too old for certain styles.

by Anonymousreply 1807/31/2012

It's so great that a man of Bob Redford's age has such a full head of hair, and he hasn't gone gray yet!

by Anonymousreply 1907/31/2012

Totally agree about the T-shirt, he's too old for that look. If he wore a collared shirt it would look much better. Overall, he looks pretty good for 73, he just needs to dress more age-appropriate. And cut his hair short, or wear a toupee that's short-haired.

by Anonymousreply 2007/31/2012

"The previous wig looked more synthetic and even more fake. "

Was it molded out of plastic, or painted on like a Ken doll's?

Seriously, his plastic surgery has settled, and his face is so recognizable that he doesn't need to wear a wig. If he appeared with short ginger-gray hair, he'd look great for his age.

by Anonymousreply 2107/31/2012

Even in that tucked in black tee I can see his nipples have fallen about 2".

But then he is 73.

by Anonymousreply 2207/31/2012

Bob has RED HAIR ! Everyone forgets, because in almost all his films, except " Electric Horseman", it was colored on the blonde side - like in " The Way We Were". Even there though, when Babs beds him, and his shirt is off, you can see his beautiful RED hairy chest fur. We all think of him as a blonde, but he's Red. In his case however, the comment my friends say "better dead than red", re who you sleep with, doesn't apply - when he was young, he was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2307/31/2012

Well, if we're also commenting on the overall effect of the clothes, let's discuss those baggy mom jeans pulled up to his belly button.

He seemingly still has a nice build. While I'm not suggesting skinny jeans, he might select a more modern cut, worn lower down on his hips.

by Anonymousreply 2408/01/2012

He wears it so Barabara can still walk up to him and brush the hair out of his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2012

The Mom jeans would be helped immeasurably simply by wearing the tee shirt untucked.

by Anonymousreply 2608/02/2012

It is not a wig

by Anonymousreply 2708/02/2012

I have the exact rung in my guest bathroom

by Anonymousreply 2808/02/2012

[quote]I'll have you know this is the finest Dynel wig in the whole Zsa Zsa Gabor collection!

Dahling, I know you are very young, but ze vig collection vas quite famous, and it vas ALL MINE!

by Anonymousreply 2908/02/2012

He was sooooo handsome and beautiful. Which is your favourite Robert Redford movie?

by Anonymousreply 3011/20/2012

Yes R30 he was once beautiful but a lifetime of skiing without sunblock will do that to a person.

by Anonymousreply 3111/20/2012

R23 is correct. Redford used to have a lovely head of hair, but decades of bleaching it within an inch of its life could only have contributed to its loss. Of course, the California blond thing was central to his appeal. (When you see him in THE WAY THEY WERE, there's very little effort to make him look "period" at all.)

It's funny how in denial the moviegoing public is about male stars and their appearances: most of them color their hair for specific roles; many over 35 wear hairpieces or wigs; many of them wax or shave their body hair. This has been true for many, many years. It's Hollywood, kids.

by Anonymousreply 3211/20/2012

75? He looks 85!

by Anonymousreply 3311/20/2012

His skin looks like shit and that beady-eyed look resulting from his surgery just accentuates it. Two raisins stuck in a wrinkled blob of dough. Laser resurfacing would do a lot of him.

The hair looks like a scruffy bathmat, but I think it's his own. He's one of those guys like Trump with real hair so bad you THINK it has to be a horrible rug.

by Anonymousreply 3411/20/2012

Those photos are not only the definition of not aging well, but also the prime reason why people should not suntan to much. His face has been horribly wrinkled for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 3511/20/2012

What's funny is that OP's link in my browser opened as, "Robert Redford reveals his t..."

Sadly, for all the many decades of owning his gazillion acres of land at Sundance, he obviously very rarely used sunscreen or moisturizer. Maybe he thought it was too girly to be caring for his skin while out riding horses in the Utah backcountry.

by Anonymousreply 3611/20/2012

He hasn't had his real hair color since Downhill Racer. And NO man, not even Ronald Reagan, had so much hair on his head after age 70.

Just because the wig's ugly, Bob, doesn't mean we'll think it's not a wig.

by Anonymousreply 3711/20/2012

HE IS HOT. RESPECT HIM

by Anonymousreply 3811/21/2012

That looks UGLY! Why can't people just be happy with their natural looks like I am?

by Anonymousreply 3911/21/2012

What would Paul say?

by Anonymousreply 4011/21/2012

many liver spots on his hole

by Anonymousreply 4111/21/2012

He was one of the most beautiful men that graced the screen. So charming and handsome. So desirable and so solid.

by Anonymousreply 4211/21/2012

I hate to say it, but I think Harrison Ford is handling the aging thing better. As he's lost his hair, he's kept it short. Now if he'd just lose the stupid earring...

by Anonymousreply 4311/21/2012

He could make a great couple with Natalie Wood. What a pity they were both unavailable when they were close to each other.

by Anonymousreply 4411/21/2012

Redford was very sexy and athletic in 'Three Days of the Condor', one of his greatest movies.

by Anonymousreply 4511/22/2012

Gorgeous Robert Redford with Natalie Wood

by Anonymousreply 4601/15/2013

Blond charm

by Anonymousreply 4701/15/2013

He was so beautiful when he was young. If there was ever a celeb I'd want to look like it'd be Redford.

by Anonymousreply 4801/15/2013

One of the most beautiful actors EVER

A good director

A pretty stable man (for an actor)

by Anonymousreply 4901/15/2013

Does Ben Affleck wear a toupee? His hair looks great, but people make wisecracks about it. Are they just envious?

by Anonymousreply 5001/15/2013

Oh R48, sugar... :)

by Anonymousreply 5101/15/2013

With Natalie Wood in 'Inside Daisy Clover'

by Anonymousreply 5201/15/2013

Although he was genetically blessed when he was younger, and he aged pretty well into his 40s, he did not age well beyond that. He is a ginger and the liver spots and withered skin is typical for gingers. The hair--I just can't with that.

by Anonymousreply 5301/15/2013

The toupee itself is probably very high quality (individual human hair, etc) - he's just delusional as to how mismatched it is. Healthy, young looking red hair on the wig vs an elderly, grey-white haired, sun-damaged codger beneath it.

by Anonymousreply 5401/15/2013

Lol R53, stop it!

1975 ROBERT REDFORD & TINA CHEN IN THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR PRESS PHOTO

by Anonymousreply 5501/15/2013

Look at, or for, a part in the hair. Look for the scalp. If you never see it, chances are its a wig. You can't compare a movie coif to an off screen pic because its done for the movie.

Redford looks like his hair has gotten FULLER over the last 20 years, which is absurd. It's a wig.

by Anonymousreply 5601/15/2013

R54! Lol, stooooop it!

by Anonymousreply 5701/15/2013

p.s. the hairpiece would be much better suited for an unlucky 40-something soft-butch lesbian undergoing chemo. Maybe he could consider donating it.

by Anonymousreply 5801/15/2013

R54! Please, omg! Lol you are so bad!

Robert Redford with Lois Chiles

by Anonymousreply 5901/15/2013

What's the point of posting 40 year old photos of Redford?

by Anonymousreply 6001/15/2013

R60, what's the point of not sending them?

:)

by Anonymousreply 6101/15/2013

Bitches can't even tell it's a lacefront.

by Anonymousreply 6201/15/2013

Better to post Redford with his original real red hair, original teeth and freckled face.

by Anonymousreply 6301/15/2013

I loved his hairy chest

by Anonymousreply 6401/15/2013

To me, he's so cold it doesn't matter what he looks like. He comes across as sexually repressed in movies.

by Anonymousreply 6501/15/2013

Robert Redford and Lola Redford during Mary Lasker's Cocktail Party for Wayne Owens - May 15, 1974 at Harrison's Residence in Washington D.C.

by Anonymousreply 6601/31/2014

A very young Robert with his first wife Lola Redford

by Anonymousreply 6701/31/2014

Sydney Pollack was an example of a man who aged gracefully. He got better looking as the years went by and I thought that he was a very sexy man too.

Stayed in shape and always delivered a great performance whether it was comedy or dramatic. I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 6801/31/2014

R65, he may come across to you that way in movies but one thing Redford has never been is sexually repressed.

by Anonymousreply 6901/31/2014

He's 77 not 73.

by Anonymousreply 7001/31/2014

He's clearly wearing a wig in OP's picture. Very few would speak up and tell him he's not a sex symbol anymore (in any way.) Burt Lancaster owned his age and looked handsome as he aged.

I always felt Bob was an overrated actor like Warren Beatty (sp?)

Indecent Proposal was a B movie. Perhaps he needed the money at the time. The script was horrible too.

by Anonymousreply 7101/31/2014

he needed retin-A. He has major sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 7201/31/2014

He joins a long list of Hollywood stars who have not aged well and desperately make attempts to look youthful.

by Anonymousreply 7301/31/2014

He looks great fur his age... sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 7410/11/2014

First time one saw a "young" Robert Redford was a few years ago watching an episode of Twilight Zone (Nothing In The Dark)and was gobsmacked. I mean had supposed he was hot in his younger days but had no idea.

A few weeks later happened to catch "Barefoot In The Park" also being shown on television. Never saw anything like *that* in Washington Square Park, barefoot nor no.

by Anonymousreply 7510/11/2014

He morphed into an ugly troll, like Mel Gibson.

That's what happens when you're ugly on the inside, young, it creeps out for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 7610/11/2014

Do you mean like that picture of Dorian Grey?

by Anonymousreply 7710/11/2014

He spent way too much time in the sun growing up in LA. A lot of sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 7810/11/2014

He obviously goes to the same hairstylist as Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7910/11/2014

Wow, he was beautiful when he was younger. Brad Pitt kinda looks a little like him.

by Anonymousreply 8010/11/2014

Well by that account you can add scores if not hundreds of his generation not only from CA but NV, NM, AZ and other points out west.

by Anonymousreply 8110/11/2014

How is Redford ugly on the inside, R76?

by Anonymousreply 8210/11/2014

I am pretty good at spotting transplants and rugs, but I think that this is really just a bad dye job.

by Anonymousreply 8310/11/2014

Oh get real, R83. He has more hair now than he did when he was younger. Of course it's a piece

by Anonymousreply 8410/11/2014

I think they are hair plugs, not a wig. He was excellent in "All Is Lost". You want Redford rugged, real. Who's going to replace him? Everyone after him is a DOUCHE. BAG.

by Anonymousreply 8510/11/2014

Three Days of The Condor was on a few weeks ago, and though filmed in 1975 RR still had it. However one noticed many shots were taken from far away. On close-ups you could see things were happening to his face. IIRC RR also wore glasses on and off during the film which is something hitherto leading men didn't do unless role called for it.

by Anonymousreply 8610/11/2014

Conservative politics aside, one would have taken "Paul" (Robert Redford) in Barefoot in the Park any day of the week! *LOL*

by Anonymousreply 8710/11/2014

WASP males tend to be all over the place in terms of aging one finds. Some retain a full head of hair and look great well into their sixties. Others look like who did it and ran by age 50.

Kyle MacLachlan still looks good, but there is a bit of German mixed in with that Irish and Cornish ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 8810/11/2014

There was only one Cary Grant, cut the 77 year old Utah slob a break. His looks held out for a long time and he turned himself into a decent human being when no one expected it.

Redford's all right.

by Anonymousreply 8910/11/2014

Wtf bumping an already tired thread?

by Anonymousreply 9010/11/2014

I just saw him on Netflix in, This Property Condemned. He was exquisite.

by Anonymousreply 9110/11/2014

He was good in the Captain America sequel, squinting, representing totalitarian fascism for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 9310/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.