Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rosie O'Donnell/ Lindsay Lohan feud

Rosie slammed Lindsay on her blog in poetry form basically saying she wasn't good enough to play Liz, and she only had one good role when she was sixteen. And that she needs to take of herself before working on her acting.

Lindsay responded by saying she knows she's THAT good of an actress (lol) and that Rosie should keep her mouth shut.

Now Rosie compares her to Whitney.

P.S. Rosie is right. People need to stop the bullshit when it comes to this woman before she's underground.

-----------------------------------------------

On Thursday's Today Show, Rosie O'Donnell justified her recent harsh words aimed at Lindsay Lohan, saying she didn't want to see the Mean Girls star fall into the same Hollywood meat grinder that snuffed out Whitney Houston's brilliant talent.

Earlier this week, Rosie said on The Professionals segment, Lindsay "needs a lot of help … and time away," and is "not in a place to work" on an upcoming Elizabeth Taylor biopic.

Rosie's opinion did not go over well with LiLo, who said in response, "It's funny someone you don't know at all can say something so intrusive and so knowing. You know what? She should base her opinions when she meets someone."

Watch the video on RadarOnline.com

On Thursday, Rosie -- who said she did meet a young LiLo years ago -- explained to Ann Curry and Matt Lauer she'd rather state an unpopular opinion than turn a blind eye to a toxic situation.

"I'm 50-years-old: I [was] watching Whitney Houston's funeral, and I remember thinking, 'Why didn't more people say what they knew?' We all knew, when she would not show up to do this show, not show up to do my show, we watched Being Bobby Brown and it was like watching Sid and Nancy, they were people who were in the throes of addiction," Rosie said. "But all that anyone cared about was that the show was getting ratings, not that this woman, this talented individual, this human being, this mother, this daughter, was worth saving!"

PHOTOS: Lindsay Lohan Attends Jay-Z Concert Night Before Court

She softened her stance on LiLo, saying, "To look at Lindsay Lohan you can't help but feel for her. I don't think she's untalented, I think she's quite talented."

Rosie then mocked the mini-controversy that broke out, smarting, "There's going to be a whole other controversy. Barbara Eden, I'm coming after you!"

by Anonymousreply 5903/26/2013

Cage match.

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2012

Can Rosie utter a sentence without saying "I'm 50?"

(she's right though)

by Anonymousreply 204/26/2012

What's your problem R2?

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2012

She's right. Lindsay is a mess and people are excusing her just like Whitney. Lindsay is guesting on "Glee" this week and went out all night before she was due on set. Even Dot Jones who people agree is the nicest human on the planet was pissed and tweeted she was late on her first day and left everyone waiting. When she ends up face down in a tub everyone will forget Rosie was right, Lindsay needs help before she needs a job.

by Anonymousreply 404/26/2012

[quote]When she ends up face down in a tub everyone will forget Rosie was right,

I agree. And that WILL happen -- and much sooner than Whitney's age. She won't make it past another two years.

by Anonymousreply 604/26/2012

[quote]Rosie O'Donnell is a mentally ill, middled aged woman who needs to work on her own fucked up life and the fact she's make her childrens' childhood a circus freak show. She's hardly one to judge that Long Island trash that Hollywood is obsessed with.

Oh but you're the one to judge Rosie? You sound like a old big bundle of psychotic sunshine there yourself.

by Anonymousreply 704/27/2012

Rosie is right about Lindsay Lohan. Even so, I don't believe denying Lohan work is the solution. If that were true, there would be a lot fewer homeless people.

An addict has to want to change before they can. Houston did not want to get help and neither so far does Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 804/27/2012

[quote]I don't believe denying Lohan work is the solution.

Denying her work would deny her the money to buy drugs. We certainly want her to make big bucks to enable her downward spiral.

by Anonymousreply 904/27/2012

That's not how it works, R9. A good-looking woman will always be able to score drugs.

Keeping her unemployed creates problems rather than solving them.

by Anonymousreply 1004/27/2012

The clip they showed of LL responding to Rosie showed a woman who could pass for 40. I can't believe she is only 25.

by Anonymousreply 1104/27/2012

Lindsay's floatation device lips will prevent her from ever drowning...

by Anonymousreply 1204/27/2012

Rosie O should work on her weight problem.

by Anonymousreply 1304/27/2012

You're right she should have done it anonymously here at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1504/27/2012

But r16 Rosie has been such a busy bee lately that she doesn't have time to reach out to someone and help them with their personal problems.

by Anonymousreply 1704/27/2012

I thought we had heard the last from Rosie after her OWN show belly-flopped. But the fact that she has generated this much press by simply dissing Lindsay Lohan (which everyone and their mother and brother and sister has been doing for YEARS), makes me think that NBC should sign her to do a 5th hour of The Today Show.

by Anonymousreply 1804/27/2012

Rosie was 100% right and as usual brave for telling the truth.

LL is an addict and alcoholic and she needs to get sober and clean. No one would say it re Whitney- it was Bobby Brown etc. WH was an addict years before she met BB and everyone knew it. But it did not fit her "image" so it was a secret. Michael Jackson was an addict in 1990- all else flowed from that- others said he was abuses as a child etc, that is why he was so strange etc... LOTS of people are abused and do not act out, because they avoid or treat the addiction. But a pop king cannot be an addict! Addiction produces very weird behavior that can be deemed perverted, criminal you name it. Treat the addiction and the behavior goes away- if the person stays sober and treats the addiction for life.

by Anonymousreply 1904/27/2012

Lindsay should heed Rosie's opinions on acting... remember, this is the woman who was in "Riding the Bus with My Sister."

by Anonymousreply 2004/27/2012

Two media whores who have had little publicity, staging a fake feud to get in the news. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2104/27/2012

Why don't we just have a generic, "Rosie O'Donnell and ___ Feud" thread and we can fill in the blank each week?

by Anonymousreply 2204/27/2012

[quote]LL is an addict and alcoholic and she needs to get sober and clean. No one would say it re Whitney-

And you think "saying it" means what, R19? You think some shrewish cow publicly announcing the obvious means an addict like Lilo will just magically come to her senses? Many, many people have tried to help her (same with Whitney). She doesn't want help.

Recovery has to come from the addict alone. They have to want it desperately. Saying that the sky blue doesn't make you profound or brave. Everyone knows Lilo is an addict.

by Anonymousreply 2304/27/2012

"Everyone knows Lilo is an addict."

Then why are you throwing a fucking hissyfit over Rosie's comments? And stop with the tinhat "Rosie did it for publicity" nonsense.

Lindsay's drug problems are more known than any movie she's done. The majority of the public knows she's in desperate need help. Rosie said nothing that a lot of other people haven't thought themselves.

Yeah, recovery needs to come from the person, but until then, what? Keep giving her chances to fuck up? She's had more comeback chances than Liz Taylor has had husbands, and it hasn't done a damn bit of good.

And I don't doubt that Lindsay's craving the attention Rosie's comments have brought her. Which is another, bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 2404/27/2012

[quote]she should have reached out to her PERSONALLY, not criticized her publicly---in any forum. by: DL is 99% fucktards these days

Reached out? She was asked a question on "The Today Show" and she answered. It wasn't "Intervention" on A&E, you idiot. Why should Rosie O'Donnell have to reach out to state the truth.

by Anonymousreply 2604/27/2012

What Rosie said about Lohan isn't going to make Lohan give up drugs.

What Rosie said about Lohan may wake up movie producers to the fact that their taking on this addict is only going to make her a worse addict.

It's hard to imagine that any company would insure a film that plans to star a known druggie and alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 2704/27/2012

[R27], I agree. Courtney Love couldn't make any films, which is wonderful in my opinion, because the insurance was far too high, post Larry Flynt. Yes, she made some indies, but no more Oscar Bait for the Mommie Dearest of the new millenium.

by Anonymousreply 2804/27/2012

Given past celebrities and the surroundings of their deaths (like Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston) I don't think that Lindsay will live to either film the movie or see the finished product on TV.

She has no work discipline or work ethic at all. The stress will be so excrutiating for her that she is going to willingly choose (in her subconscious mind) a drug overdose just to get out of the commitment.

by Anonymousreply 3004/27/2012

"Can Rosie utter a sentence without saying "I'm 50?" "

In this case, it's appropriate to brag about her age. Living to age 50 is an achievement Lohan has no hope of matching, if she doesn't change everything in her life.

by Anonymousreply 3104/27/2012

Jean Stapleton has entered the fray by tweeting:

'Agree with Rosie O’Donnell on the ‘Today’ show- Lindsay Lohan should not be portraying Liz Taylor. She needs some time away from Hollywood.‘

Who knew Edith Bunker tweeted?

by Anonymousreply 3204/27/2012

I didn't even know Edith Bunker was still living.

by Anonymousreply 3304/27/2012

[quote]Who knew Edith Bunker tweeted?

I always think it sounds funny when Diane Rehm says, "...or you can send me a tweet."

by Anonymousreply 3404/27/2012

[quote]You think some shrewish cow publicly announcing the obvious means an addict like Lilo will just magically come to her senses?

Exactly. And if someone said to Rosie O'Donnell: hey, your latest girlfriend is most likely with you for money and will leave you once you pay for her baby; do you think O'Donnell would listen?

by Anonymousreply 3504/27/2012

No, you can't eat my pussy. So stop begging.

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2012

R30 beat me to the punch. I was just going to say that I doubt this movie will ever get made anyway. We'll see a few photos of Lohan in make up and costume fittings, but after just a few days of filming (and rumors of her arriving late to the set, not knowing her lines, etc.) she'll end up in the hospital with "exhaustion" or some vague illness and the part will be taken over by someone else.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2012

If not Lindsay then who? Who should take over the role of Elizabeth Taylor when Lindsay has to step down to treat her exhaustion?

by Anonymousreply 3804/28/2012

Um, R29, I think it was/is more than a phase.

By the way, why is there always all of this hate on a GAY SITE for one of the very few people in Hollywood who was honest and open about her love for someone of the same sex?

I really do think her drug/family problems actually make her a case of "more to be pitied than censured."

by Anonymousreply 3904/28/2012

Anyone I can think of who looks a lot like Taylor is too old for the part now.

by Anonymousreply 4004/28/2012

The movie is for Lifetime. I am sure Jennifer Love Hewitt is already rehearsing her Gladiator pronounciation as we post fully banking on Lohan fucking the gig up.

And while I post this in jest (and you can say a lot of dismissive things about JLH), but she is at least a professional worker bee.

by Anonymousreply 4104/28/2012

Megan Fox....but I doubt she'd do Lifetime

by Anonymousreply 4204/28/2012

Hewitt would be good for Elizabeth Taylor the fat years.

by Anonymousreply 4304/28/2012

[quote]Megan Fox....but I doubt she'd do Lifetime

Why not? It's not like she has a career anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4404/28/2012

Camilla Belle has the looks for it. Since it's a Lifetime movie, she doesn't need to be all that talented.

by Anonymousreply 4504/28/2012

I think R45 has a good suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 4604/28/2012

She missed her flight for the White House Correspondent's diner..

by Anonymousreply 4704/28/2012

Does Chung Ho prefer wide of skinny noodle?

by Anonymousreply 4904/28/2012

She missed the flight because she choose to party all night. What a fuck up. And to top it off her lawyer was supposed to go with her so she could attend the dinner (and possible meet the president). Instead she (the lawyer) was stuck going all by herself and the press got pictures of her at the airport being stood up by her useless garbage client. George Clooney was also on the flight. I'll bet he's thankful he didn't have to be anywhere near trashy lindsay

Honestly, lohan is a junkie, piece of shit, loser. People give her chance after chance after chance. Is she thankful? NO! she's like fuck you, nothing's getting in the way of my partying

by Anonymousreply 5004/28/2012

I've always liked Lindsay. Even her one big moment/great performance in Mean Girls is one more than most of the starlets foisted upon us in flop after flop after flop until they just fade away. And that movie is STILL funny.

Anyway, I can't feel anything but pity for her. With those parents that girl never stood a chance. The only shot she's got is to completely cut them off and dry out in someplace like Utah for a freaking year to work through her shit, but it will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 5104/28/2012

I should play Elizabeth Taylor. I'm the contemporary equivalent of Liz, look more like her, and have the same feeling toward marriage.

by Anonymousreply 5204/28/2012

Media whore Rosie needs to relentlessly feud with people on social media so she can give her fat untalented miserbale persona daily exposure

by Anonymousreply 5304/28/2012

SUCH a bullshit statement. Everyone knew Whitney was on crack and people were brutal about it. Them entertainment media is all over LiLo's addictions and beyond brutal about it. To imply that adding to this would be somehow helping them is beyond idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 5404/28/2012

I guess Rosie was right again.

by Anonymousreply 5503/26/2013

Rosie needs to worry about her own damn issues

by Anonymousreply 5603/26/2013

What happened to the plans for the Liz Taylor movie? Did it get cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 5703/26/2013

R57, it already aired a couple of months ago. It was horrific.

by Anonymousreply 5803/26/2013

O'Donnell has solutions for everyone except her own fat, angry, fucked up self.

She's worse than Oprah!

by Anonymousreply 5903/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.