Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Welling

He's 35 today.

What didn't he become a bigger star?

by Anonymousreply 9310/19/2013

Love him! Those lips, that body, his face, the height, oh, sorry, got side tracked. He was on Superman for what, nine years or something like that. That would probably prevent him from venturing out to do other things to get his name out there. While he did do the Cheaper by the Dozen movies as well as The Fog, unless you were watching Superman, he probably would have flown under the radar for most folks. It is too bad because he sure is nice eye candy...

by Anonymousreply 104/26/2012

Tom Welling fans: which seasons of "Superman" are the best? I cannot possibly watch all of them but I want to enjoy looking at Tom. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 304/26/2012

The first 4 seasons, maybe half of 5 then skip ahead to seasons 8, 9 10.

by Anonymousreply 504/26/2012

Thanks, r5, but can you pick one or two seasons? 7 1/2 seems like a lot.

by Anonymousreply 704/26/2012

Rent whatever season this episode is from.

by Anonymousreply 804/26/2012

Dreadful actor!

by Anonymousreply 904/26/2012

That's actually season 4 but that is a wretched episode!!

Just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1004/26/2012

Season 3 from the early years and of course season 10, the last one.

Of course, season 3 probably has the most BFF interaction between Clark and Lex.

Those two had beautiful chemistry together :)

by Anonymousreply 1104/26/2012

Of course, if you want extra eye-candy, season 4 had a bizarre story arc featuring the also beautiful Jensen Ackles. Plus Jane Seymour.

by Anonymousreply 1204/26/2012

Such a beauty...Clark and Lex were so hot, also Clark and Oliver. So many gorgeous men on that show.

by Anonymousreply 1304/26/2012

Hot, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1404/26/2012

Oliver Queen made Miss Kent look like a poorly hewn totem pole.

by Anonymousreply 1504/26/2012

I'm sure he made a killing doing Smallville for ten years. He never seemed to be the type of young actor who thrives on attention and noteriety. I can see him being happy just producing and maybe doing the occasional bit of acting work.

Oh, and he's HOT. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!

by Anonymousreply 1604/26/2012

Young Tom is looking good here in these scenes.

Good song, too.

by Anonymousreply 1704/26/2012

^^That song's in "Sixteen Candles". It's Divinyls.

Here're Tom's Feet...

by Anonymousreply 1804/26/2012

Yes, but is he GAY?

by Anonymousreply 1904/27/2012

We can only speculate, R19. He has been married to a woman for the past 10 years, but he's never had any kids, apparently.

Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2004/27/2012

I want Tom's giant feet all over my face.

by Anonymousreply 2104/27/2012

R21 = Jensen Ackles

by Anonymousreply 2204/27/2012

He was just as much a star as he deserved I think. He has great looks, and a certain screen presence that got him some attention during the first few years of Smallville.

He seems like a super nice guy, but he's really not a great actor at all. That was painfully apparent in later seasons. After 10 years, he probably has enough money to not ever have to work again, but is pursuing work behind the scenes. I say good for him.

by Anonymousreply 2304/27/2012

"After 10 years, he probably has enough money to not ever have to work again"

He probably earned good money, but it was a t.v. show. Unless you are really wealthy, most people don't have enough money at 35 to retire for life.

by Anonymousreply 2404/27/2012

He's losing his hair.

by Anonymousreply 2504/27/2012

He's at least as good an actor as Josh Duhamel, Josh Hartnett and Taylor Lautner. Their, um, limitations didn't stop them from getting big roles in major motion pictures.

What's with this attitude, "Well, he's made his money, he doesn't need to work anymore?" An actor's perogative is to WORK. Look at the cast of Friends, they made more money than anybody in tv history and once the show was cancelled they still went out and booked jobs.

by Anonymousreply 2604/27/2012

Truth is when you look like Superman there are only so many roles you can get in hollywood..

but yet again he just doesn't seem to like all that attention . he seems to love being behind the scenes

by Anonymousreply 2704/27/2012

I wish he would do a movie where he shows his cock - bet it's a monster.

Wonder if he fucked Jensen Ackles?

by Anonymousreply 2804/27/2012

why do people keep talking about a jensen ackles -tom welling connection .Were they on the same show together ?

by Anonymousreply 2904/28/2012

Where have you been R29? They were on 'Smallville' together.

by Anonymousreply 3004/28/2012

Hard to believe he's exactly two years older (same birth day) than Channing Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 3104/28/2012

Why, R31?

by Anonymousreply 3204/28/2012

Because he looks like Channing's dad.

by Anonymousreply 3304/28/2012

[quote]Look at the cast of Friends, they made more money than anybody in tv history and once the show was cancelled they still went out and booked jobs.

They were greedy.

by Anonymousreply 3404/28/2012

Humorless, unpleasant and full of himself to an extreme. Ask anyone who worked on that set. He left "Smallville" friendless.

by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2012

The main thing I remember reading about him is that he refused to do interviews or publicity for the show.

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2012

Not a great actor, and while occasionally would show charisma and screen presence, I thought as time went by he appeared bored and just going through the motions on-screen. It could be that he was bored with playing the same role, and/or playing the character as if he was still a confused teen at age 30, but I got the impression he really did not care for acting.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2012

Nice, R8. But the money shot photo would be if you could find the picture from the pilot episode of Smallville, with Tom being tied to a corn field cross, shirtless.

That's the scene that got me hooked on the show.

Tom without a doubt, is the most beautiful man on the planet. However, Justin Hartley is also a beautiful man. There's something kinda mischievous and douchey about Justin, that I just love.

Smallville, without a doubt, has consistently hired some of the most beautiful actors on television.

by Anonymousreply 3804/28/2012

The photo @ r8 got bandwidth overloaded... fortunately I have these on my hard drive!

by Anonymousreply 3904/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 4004/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 4104/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 4204/28/2012

Damn, I want to lick Tom's pits, and have him pound me --- HARD!!

by Anonymousreply 4304/28/2012

R29 - Jensen was Lana's love interest the year before he did Supernatural. It was about the time the show shifted from the Lex and Clark dynamic and started some convoluted plots. I believe Lana was discovered to be descended from a witch. Jensen's mother was played by an evil Jane Seymour who I think wanted to kill Lana (along with some viewers).

by Anonymousreply 4404/28/2012

Tell us more, R35. Do you have inside information?

by Anonymousreply 4504/28/2012

[quote] Humorless, unpleasant and full of himself to an extreme. Ask anyone who worked on that set. He left "Smallville" friendless.

R35 seems full of it, because not only did Kristin Kreuk come back for encore performances, but so did Annette O'Toole, John Schneider, John Glover, and with a bit of arm twisting, Michael Rosenbaum.

I doubt any of those people would have given Smallville its feel-good conclusion, if they hated Tom Welling.

/FAIL, R35.

by Anonymousreply 4604/28/2012

Damn, if nothing else his pits are good at acting.

by Anonymousreply 4704/28/2012

What about his rumoured huge cock?

by Anonymousreply 4804/28/2012

His resume isn't all that extensive. Maybe he chooses to not work that much?

by Anonymousreply 4904/28/2012

I thought he was supposed to be reserved but nice? The girl that played Chloe said something about him being reserved but added after ten years of working with him, she still had a big crush.

Would love to know if he's dabbled in the mansex.

by Anonymousreply 5004/28/2012

I like his hairy armpits. I want to smell them.

by Anonymousreply 5104/28/2012

What do you suppose they smell like, R51?

by Anonymousreply 5204/28/2012

[quote]and with a bit of arm twisting, Michael Rosenbaum.

If by "arm twisting" you mean "big fat paycheck," then, yes. None of those people came back because of their undying love for Tom Welling. I know people who have worked on the crew of both Supernatural and Smallville, and they'll all tell you the Supernatural set is a thousand times more pleasant. Also have talked to numerous guest stars, and they all make faces when you bring his name up. He's not a nice man and he's very neurotic.

One story I heard is that for the last few seasons, he demanded that no one look him in the eye between takes.

by Anonymousreply 5304/29/2012

One story I heard is that for the last few seasons, he demanded that no one look him in the eye between takes.

Ive never understood that. What on earth could egotistical actors get from not being looked in the eye.

Ooh I some huge actor, BUT don't look at me. Jeez

by Anonymousreply 5404/29/2012

I know an actress who appeared on an episode in the final season who liked Tom a lot, and was very impressed with him. She did say he didnt socialize much, but he wasn't unfriendly - he just seemed a bit shy and he was there to do his job. But I suppose different people will always have different opinions of others.

by Anonymousreply 5504/29/2012

Tom Welling suffers from the same fate as his brief Smallville co-star Ian Somerhalder. He's perfect, beautiful but not sexy. Almost neutered.

by Anonymousreply 5604/29/2012

R53 Have you heard anything about him from any of the former regulars on the series? What have you heard about the other actors on Smallville? I thought Kreuk only came back in season 8 because she whas contractually obligated to and Rosenbaum only came back at the last minute because he realized if he didn't, he wouldn't be able to cash in on future Con appearances. I did see someone referencing a recent interview with the actress who played Lois Lane and she apparently didn't seem overly eager to work with Welling again, but maybe that had more to do with how little effort he seemed to put into his acting in later years.

Wonder how Welling managed to star in a show for 10 years and get away with barely doing any publicity in between the first few seasons and the last.

by Anonymousreply 5704/29/2012

FYI, Joe Manganiello auditioned for the role of Zod but, of course didn't get it. I also thank Smallville for the gorgeous Sam Witner.

by Anonymousreply 5804/30/2012

John Glover (who played Lionel) is a friend of a friend and he told me the first few years were lots of fun, a great place to work, a great paycheck (he said) for not a lot of effort. The only thing he hated about it was it being filmed in Vancouver, away from both NY and LA for too long. The "adults" as he called them (himself, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole and he specifically included Rosenbaum) he said bonded well and quickly, but Welling did not.

Things changed, he said, around the time they killed off John Schneider. Soon after that, to keep Welling happy they made him a producer and he took that responsibility very very seriously, including vetoing story lines and characters he felt distracted from the main Superboy story - Glover was very upset the romance between Martha and Lionel never really went anywhere as the show consolidated around Welling. Glover also hinted it was the reason Rosenbaum left so abruptly and didn't renew his contract.

Then the original producers left the show but the WB wanted to keep it on so they brought in new producers for season 8, and Welling further exerted his influence. By then, Glover said, he told his agent to limit his appearances, because the set was no longer the fun place to work it had been, and with the new producers the salaries for many of the long-term actors were cut, which is why Martha became a Senator, Allison Mack's appearances were limited, and Glover himself only showed up a few times a season, if at all.

Glover did buy himself a nice NYC coop from his salary, but he said it started out fun and ended up being the Welling show. When I asked if Welling was OK to work with, Glover just said "he was professional - I'm not sure he has much talent, or longevity in this business."

by Anonymousreply 5904/30/2012

Does he have the AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 6004/30/2012

THANK YOU, r59, the rare posts like yours, filled with actual gossipy information, keep this board worthwhile!

by Anonymousreply 6104/30/2012

Thanks R59. Do you know if Glover was talking about Welling's future in front of the camera or behind it? I don't think many would disagree about his limitations as an actor. I would be surprised if he was an out and out jerk, as we've heard in some earlier posts, but not very surprised to hear there were some differences of opinion on the creative direction of the show.

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2012

The rumour was that Rosenbaum had also wanted to be made a producer but when they told him no, he left.

Interesting, R59, since starting in season 8, the show did seem to go in a new direction. New characters and a new life it seemed.

It makes sense, since that was the season where they seemed to want to move Clark into Metropolis, and him doing more hero-y type stuff, actually working toward him becoming Superman.

So, yeah, more Clark (Welling) centered.

I did like the last three years, especially since there was no more Lana Lang, or Chloe still pining over Clark. The ridiculous love stories and triangles took a back seat.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2012

Wow, r59 proves Datalounge still has a little life in it. Thanks, guy!

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2012

Poor poor John Glover, high paying job wasn't fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2012

Interesting dish, R59, thanks.

I remember reading that John Schneider was furious to be killed off & said it should have been Lana not Jonathan, He could be quite a challenge on set apparently, giving long notes on his character's motivation.

Glover was amazing on the show but it's hard to imagine DC allowing a Martha Kent/Luthor romance, despite how much fun Glover & Annette O'Toole were together. It would intrinsically change Martha Kent.

Glover must have enjoyed all the hot male eye candy just like we do!

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2012

Everybody with a brain HATED that Pa Kent was going to die.

Just another reason for the Lana hate. Of course that bitch should have died but the powers that be (at the time) worshipped at the Kreuk altar and would see nothing bad happen to her.

by Anonymousreply 6704/30/2012

I had John Schneider on a flight from Vancouver last year. He was tall, better looking in person and a really nice guy. Yum

by Anonymousreply 6805/01/2012

Love the treasure trail in the corn field photo.

by Anonymousreply 6905/01/2012

Tom Welling was to Smallville what SMG was to Buffy.

And?

They are doing a job. Not all of us likes to socialize at work like besties.

Doesn't make them bad people.

I tuned out after Kreuk and her snaggle teeth got most of the lines. It was too much.

And the fact Clark was a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7005/01/2012

I remember reading a non-interview during which Welling was an absolute shit to the interviewer -- mono-syllabic answers, tons of attitude, etc. In which case, fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2012

He was horrible in The Fog. Really the worst thing about a movie that was already terrible. His acting was worse that Maggie Grace's acting, as hard as it is to believe.

by Anonymousreply 7205/01/2012

But he's so fucking beautiful in The Fog! Emoting would only get in the way.

He's still gorgeous too. I just found this video of him signing autographs for fans in NYC. Lucky bitch getting a birthday hug.

by Anonymousreply 7305/01/2012

haven't seen the fog yet..is it worth it

by Anonymousreply 7405/05/2012

Saw a pic from this scene and thought it had been doctored but then watched this video. If you freeze the video at 2:58 does Mr. Welling look a little excited?

by Anonymousreply 7505/05/2012

Oh my God, he is so dreamy with that fan at r73. I want him to hug me!!

by Anonymousreply 7605/06/2012

R74, as a horror movie it's terrible but for the purpose of watching Tom take a shower, wear a fisherman's sweater and stare intently into the camera, it's perfection.

R75 I didn't see a hard-on but am still jealous of that girl for getting to lie under him.

Other Smallville news: Justin Hartley & his wife are splitting.

by Anonymousreply 7705/06/2012

Please tell me Justin Hartley is coming out. Now HE is a GORGEOUS hunk of man... makes Welling look like a 12-year-old boy.

by Anonymousreply 7805/06/2012

r78

well Justin and his wife are divorcing! Fingers crossed!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7905/06/2012

Hey, did everybody forget about me and my enormous penis?

by Anonymousreply 8008/06/2012

I had lost interest after the first few seasons and quit watching. It just seemed to be repetitive.

Now, I sort of wish I'd started again when they brought on some hot guys to interact with TW.

by Anonymousreply 8108/06/2012

If his name was Tom WILLING, he would've been a huge star

by Anonymousreply 8208/06/2012

What the hell have you been up to, Tom?

You need to get back on my tv.

by Anonymousreply 8308/06/2012

I graduated high school with Tom in 1995. We went to Okemos High School which is a suburb of Lansing,Michigan just east of East Lansing actually. Like Tom I, was a jock too but he played soccer and I was on the swim team. Hands down, Tom has to be one of the nicest, straight forward, sincere guys I have ever met. To date I have never seen a guy who could command peoples attention like Tom. A bunch of us went to the mall or other public place including Tom lots of times. He would walk in and I used to watch peoples reactions. Men and women both couldn't take their eyes off if him. Tom had the most amazing perfect smile and incredible eyes. Not to mention it was summer and we were all in shorts and tight shirts that show off our abs and stuff. Tom I guess knew he was amazing looking but he was never a dick about it. We talked about his looks once and he said was happy he was born handsome but could could care less really. He was more proud of who he was and not his looks which was very cool. He saw people staring at him and just smiled and said hello! And he was just a guy from high school then. But even now, I would bet Tom treats people the same. When we had big games in the gym and every seat in the place was taken with students and parents, just before the game started 6'3 stunning Tom would walk in and again, I would watch the crowd as he came over. All looking at him as he found a seat with our group. It was amazing to watch! I am 6'2 and was in equal shape as Tom and not at all bad looking, but me and some of my buds talked about it and when we were with Tom it was like we weren't even there when strangers were around us. Just Tom!! LOL And to stop the bullshit. I am gay and was totally in the closet then. Tom and I were friends and I spent enough time around Tom and did lots together to know he was a major pussy hound and never showed any signs of liking guys. BUT he was also very cool with openly gay guys that talked to him or hit on him and I never heard him say anything bad about gays. He also treated girls with respect too. I would have given everything to have been with him in bed just once but I doubt he has ever been with a guy. Hopefully he didn't have to do the casting couch thing and be gay for a job! So sorry guys, big Tom is on the other team!! I saw him just after the first year of Smallville aired and he was still the same sweet down to earth guy. But even hotter as he was in his early 20's and had a perfect man body now. We still talk a couple times a year.

by Anonymousreply 8406/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8509/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 8609/01/2013

Well, he was too BUSY starring on a little-watched cult tv series for ELEVEN YEARS, for one!

by Anonymousreply 8709/02/2013

Tom's on the market again! After 10 years and NO children, Tom and his beard are divorcing.

by Anonymousreply 8810/18/2013

Very handsome or perhaps beautiful. R84 interesting to read, seemed really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 8910/19/2013

Tom is free to be with me now.

by Anonymousreply 9010/19/2013

If you believe the rumors, Tom is not on the market, and has been seeing some girl who is still in her early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 9110/19/2013

He's got to be rich enough to not have to work anymore, right? He WAS "Smallville".

by Anonymousreply 9210/19/2013

Tom Welling is a very cute person, but he's not charismatic enough to turn into, who George Clooney? Brad Pitt? Choose one.

by Anonymousreply 9310/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.