Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Susan Sullivan

Why is the bitch NEVER unemployed?

by Anonymousreply 7710/28/2014

Because she typifies a strong "type" and can deliver in both comedy and drama. She is also good to work with.

by Anonymousreply 104/24/2012

It's her ability to spin around on cue.

by Anonymousreply 204/24/2012

I love r2.

by Anonymousreply 304/24/2012

I've loved her since she played Lenore on Another World so many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 404/24/2012

She strikes me as the type that hates penis.

by Anonymousreply 504/24/2012

One of her best clips. I absolutely love her. Though the show as a whole was average, Susan Sullivan as Kitty Montgomery, was pure, comedic genius. You can't watch this and not laugh.

by Anonymousreply 604/24/2012

If they ever do a TV version of Follies, she should be in it.

by Anonymousreply 704/24/2012

Me too, R4. She was my favorite on that show right up until Anne Heche appeared -- now it's a tie.

by Anonymousreply 804/24/2012

I love R2, too; and R4.

Btw, I met Sullivan at a party once: she told me that head tossing thing in the Flacon Crest credtis was her idea.

by Anonymousreply 904/24/2012

because she is a good actress and she is easy to work with

by Anonymousreply 1004/24/2012

I used to have to watch her as Lenore on "Another World" back in the seventies, after school before my mother got up off her ass to make supper and let me watch cartoons.

She once said on a talk show that she always asks a guy she's dating if he's ever slept with a man- and it's a dealbreaker for her.

by Anonymousreply 1104/24/2012

The greatest Kitty Montgomery line ever comes at the end of the party scene:

by Anonymousreply 1204/24/2012

Meh!

by Anonymousreply 1304/24/2012

Andy Lack at CBS thought she was the bomb!

by Anonymousreply 1404/24/2012

I wonder if she got to taste any "cumson."

by Anonymousreply 1504/24/2012

I wanna see the head turn thingie!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1604/24/2012

Here you go, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1704/24/2012

Love it r17. Thanks.

The head turn is quite dramatic!!

by Anonymousreply 1804/24/2012

Su Su!

by Anonymousreply 1904/24/2012

Love love love her!

by Anonymousreply 2004/24/2012

Didn't realise Susan only started her trademarked spin in the titles in Season 3. Season 7 / 8 was my favourite "and Susan Sullivan as Maggie" spin! Last title card and the "and...as Maggie" were in Sullivan's contract, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 2104/24/2012

I can spin too!

by Anonymousreply 2204/24/2012

I didn't realize Anne Archer was on the show for a year -- just 2 years before Fatal Attraction.

My god, what has she done to herself? She's unrecognizable...

by Anonymousreply 2304/25/2012

I haven't seen "Castle", but I loved "Falcon Crest" and "Dharma & Greg." I think the reason Susan Sullivan works so much is because she's just so great at every type of acting: drama to comedy.

By the way, I've wondered for years if anyone had an ideas about what was supposed to be wrong with "Emma," Margaret Ladd's character. Is there any technical diagnosis of someone who's a little "off." And why was Abby Dalton written off half-way through? I liked her and from what I understood-I was a teen at the time watching with my grandmother-she had quite a following from previous roles.

The search function on DataLounge never works for me so I thought I'd ask here.

by Anonymousreply 2404/25/2012

Looking at those opening credits for Falcon Crest really brought back memories. I forgot how hilariously histrionic that theme was! I also forgot how stunningly beautiful Jamie Rose was... she could not act at all, but she was a gorgeous woman.

By the last seasons, there's just too much going on in the credit sequence. Not only is there the usual scenic sites of San Francisco and the Napa...er, I mean, Tuscany Valley, but there's also an animated Hawk, and the stiupid effect of ripples in a wine glass to switch images. Too nightmarishly busy.

by Anonymousreply 2504/25/2012

Well, allow me to explain Ron...

by Anonymousreply 2604/25/2012

I love how they killed her off the Crest.

by Anonymousreply 2704/25/2012

Susan's best acting gig...

by Anonymousreply 2804/25/2012

Susan Sullivan would be fired one year before the show itself got cancelled. Due to budget cuts, she was replaced by Wendy Phillips, less expensive actress.

by Anonymousreply 2904/25/2012

What kind of character did she play on the soap?

by Anonymousreply 3004/25/2012

Emma was a little girl who was overprotetcted by her mother.

If the show was on today, the reason given would probably be that she was a little too close to her Uncle Jason whom she accidentally killed. But she was just supposed to be a little slow.

by Anonymousreply 3104/25/2012

My understanding was always that Emma Channing wasn't mentally deficient but that she was emotionally disturbed: fragile, like Laura in "The Glass Menagerie."

by Anonymousreply 3204/25/2012

R30 here is a summary of Sullivan's character on Another World:

[quote]Also in the thick of things was socialite Lenore Moore, who tried to split up Missy and Bill before wedding Walter Curtin. To provide for spoiled Lenore, Walter quit his job as district attorney and went into cahoots with Wayne Addison, who romanced Liz Matthews. Liz, while friendly with Lenore's mother Helen, hated Lenore and tried to pin Wayne's murder on her, a crime that had actually been committed by Walter. Walter died in a car accident in 1972 while on his way to confess his crime, and Lenore eventually got over her grief to marry architect Robert Delaney, a rare character crossover from Somerset, in 1974. Robert had an affair with Carol Lamonte, who blackmailed Lenore, hinting she knew what atrocity her late husband had done. A fearful Lenore left town, and an equally unhappy Robert ended his affair with Carol.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2012

Is it true she had some blowup with Constance McCashin in the Lorimar commissary, forcing Linda Grey to step in to broker a truce?

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2012

We used to think that Maggie's spin was a result of Cho-li goosing her!

by Anonymousreply 3504/25/2012

Bump for Maggie Gioberti!!!

by Anonymousreply 3905/03/2012

R34 Poor Susan probably took the last package of Ho-Hos and didn't realized Constance would smack them out of her hands.

by Anonymousreply 4005/04/2012

She got her untalented ass axed off "It's A Living" and replaced by the hysterical "Louise Lasser"

by Anonymousreply 4105/04/2012

I didn't realize Anne Archer was on the show for a year -- just 2 years before Fatal Attraction.

My god, what has she done to herself? She's unrecognizable..

Are we sure thats not rita rudner

by Anonymousreply 4205/04/2012

Not sure if it was falcon crest or the margret ladd character but i remember watching a scene when i was a kid.

The mom storms into the room and rips up the mattress and finds all this money in it.

The character was a prostitute i think.

I remember laughing my ass off now i can't think of which soap it was.

does this sound like falcon crest or knots

by Anonymousreply 4305/04/2012

THAT'S a spin?

by Anonymousreply 4405/04/2012

Does she do the voice-overs for ShopRite Supermarkets?

by Anonymousreply 4505/04/2012

She left It's A Living for Falcons Crest.

by Anonymousreply 4605/04/2012

Close, R40. It was Devil Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 4705/04/2012

I want IT'S A LIVING - the complete series collection - on DVD, stat.

by Anonymousreply 4805/04/2012

R46 she was **FIRED** from It's A Living. Lucky for her Falcon Crest was around the corner.

She was not the first choice. Samantha Eggar was originally cast and the pilot was made.

CLip below from the original pilot was Samantha Eggar as Maggie

by Anonymousreply 4905/04/2012

So why was Susan fired from "It's a Living"?

by Anonymousreply 5005/04/2012

R43 you're correct, that was Falcon Crest. Season 7. Dizzy Emma was embroiled in a prostitution ring which she thought was "Sweetheart Dating Service" and she was hiding her cash in her mattress. Angela showed Lance and Dan Fixx the money and convinced them to go undercover to find out if it was a prostitution agency. Angela showed up at The Maxx nightclub and offered to pay the hookers to confess they were ladies of the night. Bobbie Eakes (Macy from B&B) was one of the hookers and had a great line when Angela showed up "Who invited Grandma?" LOL

by Anonymousreply 5105/04/2012

"I believe they're raised in cages and fed with little tubes. Yum Yum."

Watch the R6 clip. That's why she's always working. I wish she would get a comedy centered right around her.

by Anonymousreply 5205/04/2012

She was incandescent as Lenore on Another World. Check the performance out on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 5305/04/2012

R47 love you, you fat bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5405/04/2012

She's a mediocre actress but charming as hell. I think a lot of network executives have offered her work simply because they had a crush on her.

by Anonymousreply 5505/05/2012

I don't think it's fair to call her mediocre. She may not be Streep but she's very solid and she did play a few roles that showed her versatility.

I think she's been somewhat typecast since Dharma & Greg as the Haughty/Rich type. Martha on "Castle" may be a little on the kookier side, but you could see Martha as a party guest at Kitty's parties, so to speak - somewhere in her circle.

The other reason I think this bitch is always working? She's almost 70 and looks fucking amazing. Still fit, beautiful without looking tweezed, Botoxed or lifted into a Hunter Tylo Death Mask. That will keep her working for a few years yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 5605/05/2012

She's mediocre, I didn't say she was bad. Nobody ever watched a performance of hers and thought "Wow." Just "she's nice, I like her."

by Anonymousreply 5705/05/2012

She was hilarious (and beautiful) in "My Best Friend's Wedding". And she looks 10 times better now than Rupert Everett does.

I loved that head-swing thing. I used to practice that move in front of the bathroom mirror, and nearly gave myself whiplash. Once I swung around so dramatically I fell and hit my head on the sink.

by Anonymousreply 5805/05/2012

My mother had a group of gay friends eons ago. They always told her what actors/ actresses were gay long ago before the public ever knew, i.e., Rock Hudson, Dack Rambo. Anyway, one of them told me Susan was a Lesbian. I told him, no way. He insisted. Anyway, they were always in the know. But I never heard any other gossip about her or anything.

by Anonymousreply 5905/06/2012

Worked with her 2 years ago in a play in NY - couldn't have had a better time. She was smart, funny, warm, very giving with other actors (and she was the lead - onstage the entire time) and no airs or snobbery - just a hardworking actor like the rest of us. Actually, she was extremely complimentary to those of us who work in the theater - she said doing TV all those years has made her a bit lazy and spoiled, and she respects those of us who do it live 8x a week.

She's married to a great guy, Connell Cowan, who's a bigtime Beverly Hills shrink.

by Anonymousreply 6005/06/2012

Thanks for the dish R60. Does she still look as great (and natural) in person as she does in pics such as this one? Any other scoop?

by Anonymousreply 6105/06/2012

I do love that she appears to be aging naturally.

by Anonymousreply 6205/06/2012

Bump for Susan Sullivan!

by Anonymousreply 6307/15/2012

I wonder what does Susan Sullivan think of Stana Katic's acting on Castle.

by Anonymousreply 6407/15/2012

Susan fans should watch this, at least from the 4:10 mark forward. Someone spliced together all of the credits from every season of Falcon Crest. I always remembered the "Susan as Maggie" credit where she turns around to face the camera, but I never realized that (a) she didn't do that every season; and (b) she re-filmed her spin on a few occasions.

by Anonymousreply 6507/15/2012

Love Susan's jawline!

by Anonymousreply 6607/15/2012

Susan will always be working until the day she dies.

by Anonymousreply 6707/15/2012

R64, she probably doesn't think much of her. For obvious reasons. Katic is a mediocrity who was fucking lucky to have landed the lead on a successful TV series. If it had been someone other than the lovely Nathan Fillion she'd have been eaten alive.

by Anonymousreply 6807/15/2012

She got thrown off of "It's A Living," for Louise Lasser, who is much better.

by Anonymousreply 6907/16/2012

at one time there was an outtake (audio only) of Susan making fun of Chao-Li, doing like a 'Chinaman's' bit, real mediocre, ching chong ching chong stuff because they loathed each other.

by Anonymousreply 7007/16/2012

Good point, r68.

by Anonymousreply 7107/16/2012

You should check out Susan Sullivan in the ill fated series called "The Nine."

by Anonymousreply 7207/18/2012

[R68] Katic isn't that bad for an average show like castle, fillion isn't exactly amazing either. I'm surprised that show is still on.

by Anonymousreply 7307/18/2012

Susan Sullivan faces off against Leslie Caron

Start video at 3:00 mark

by Anonymousreply 7412/15/2013

My Hollywood in the know friend told me years ago she was a Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 7512/15/2013

SS has never been married. Not even to Connell Cowan - he's the beard. Yes, its pretty commonly known in Hollywood that she's gay.

Great actress. Well liked.

by Anonymousreply 7610/28/2014

Does she do the V/Os for ShopRite supermarkets?

by Anonymousreply 7710/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.