Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Commercials you're loving right now

I love the new Acura Gulliver's Travels commercial. The way Gulliver whines about wanting to go home and then flexes his toes is so sexy. The Acura Chariot literally made him curl his toes. The giant dirty flip flop at the end is awesome too. They're going to turn this into a series of commercials. They already made a sequel. Let's hope Gulliver and his flip flops become the new Flo.

by Anonymousreply 17702/12/2015

I love the baby who doesn't want 50% more cash.

by Anonymousreply 104/21/2012

I love the Flo Progresso commercials and the cowboy ones too.

by Anonymousreply 205/02/2012

Mom Jeans is my hands down favorite, "Frank! Get my jean bin out!".

There is also a Hot Pockets commercial with the "Annoying Waitress" who dances and her flair jingles as she does, so funny!

by Anonymousreply 305/02/2012

Here's your gal in another commercial. Turn up your speakers!

by Anonymousreply 405/02/2012

by Anonymousreply 505/02/2012

My partner has a huge crush on the guy in this AT&T commercial with the cute Minnesota accent.

by Anonymousreply 605/02/2012

The Cheetos commercial with the tiger at the construction site and in the mattress fort.

by Anonymousreply 705/02/2012

R6, what a fucking boring commercial. Thanks for wasting all my time.

by Anonymousreply 805/03/2012

Where did the Lilliputians get the Acura Chariot? They certainly didn't build it from scratch so did they steal it? And why are they so eager to give it away as a gift to this stranger? Why are they trying to please him so?

by Anonymousreply 905/03/2012

[quote]Why are they trying to please him so?

Have you seen his feets? Wouldn't you?

Someone mentioned him in the "hated it" thread - but I like the "Fiber makes me ... sad" guy. Guys being goofy has always been appealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 1005/03/2012

His feets are ugly. His second and third toe seem to be fused together like they are webbed. Ashton Kutcher also has this webbing.

by Anonymousreply 1105/03/2012

I can't believe I actually enjoy a commercial but I have loved this Nike ad since I first saw it. It's sweet and funny.

by Anonymousreply 1205/03/2012

That's the longest commercial ever at over 2:30 minutes. Most commercial breaks are only 2 minutes long. The guy is too ugly for the girl and has a double chin. Maybe he was cast for his voice.

by Anonymousreply 1305/03/2012

Geico has several ads where they have people "taste test" two beverages - one is labeled Geico and the other is a competitor.

I like the one with the black guy who is so grossed out by the taste that all he can say is "whoooo".

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2012

I can never remember commercials when I get on threads like this!

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2012

Love the Nike Free hot pink shoe commerical. Yes the boy is a schlupp but the song is endearing and charming. love when she jumps in the hospital bed. romantic and now I want a pair of Nike Frees - no lie...

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2012

Love Target's Alouetta (don't know if that is the correct spelling) commercial; colorful, musical and fast. Very clever advertising.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2012

Maybe we like watching commercials, R18. How boring would life be if you only watched the shows?

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2012

I like the one for a camera, where a photographer shoots pictures of a model while they're skydiving.

I love how the model, in a black feathery outfit, just calmly walks out the back of the plane and free-falls out of the sky.

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2012

I love the Carnival cruise commercial where the couple are relaxing on the cruise and remembering their last vacation where their car is surrounded by a bear and mountain lion and they're screaming. It is too funny. Esp. when the guy is screaming "throw the food out the window!!!!!".

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2012

I love the Allstate "We're connected" commercial. I used to be the first guy; now I'm the other one.

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2012

Why doesn't the bitch baby want 50% more cash? Doesn't he know what money can buy?

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2012

The ad for Roomba floor robot, various people doing robot/pop-lock dance moves. It's amusing and cool.

I like the woman in the business suit. She kills it.

by Anonymousreply 2506/03/2012

I like the Target back-to-school ads where they use the songs "She Blinded Me With Science" and "Word Up". I also like the stop-motion camera work.

by Anonymousreply 2607/28/2012

The Chase "isn't technology supposed to make life easier?" ad. I don't love the whole thing, but the cat lolling on the floor who makes the Roomba skitter around always makes me smile.

by Anonymousreply 2707/28/2012

I like the E-trade babies talking like adults. Very funny especially when the baby's mother takes away his iPad, and then he pulls out a hidden iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 2807/28/2012

Has anyone seen the new Velveeta Shells and Cheese commercial with the helicopter guy at a mall? Really funny.

by Anonymousreply 2910/14/2012

Where have I seen that bitch in the bad wig before who does the Beano commercials now?

by Anonymousreply 3010/14/2012

OK it's old, but I still love the surly rat from the DCon commercials.

by Anonymousreply 3110/14/2012

There's two for Little Caesar's pizza -- both are funny.

One has a guy picking up his pizza and he starts to rip his shirt of while screaming "no rules!". Someone in the store barks out "put your shirt back on!".

The other one has two guys in a horse costume at a party; they hear that the pizza place has a great deal. Then they show a (real) horse galloping across the plains. Then the two guys show up separately in the pizza store, gasping for breath.

by Anonymousreply 3210/14/2012

The happy-as-a-witch-in-a-broom-factory ad.

by Anonymousreply 3310/14/2012

I'm liking the car commercial where they have the same hot little guy walking side by side on a split screen. He is in business attire on one side and in casual clothes on the other side. Sexy walking from a handsome guy.

by Anonymousreply 3410/16/2012

I'm lovin' this Sears dog commercial.

by Anonymousreply 3510/16/2012

The one with those people doing that thing while those other people get in on it and join in.

The colors were vivid too. Lots of bright ones synced with the catchy song.

A great American product!

by Anonymousreply 3610/16/2012

I love the Kraft Mac and cheese commercial when the little kid makes a deal with his dad to trade his mac and cheese bowl for "30 minutes of a PG-13 movie."

by Anonymousreply 3710/17/2012

love the car commercial where the two guys go on a long trip and learn Spanish. I for get the car company but i like the fact that it is unclear whether they are friends, brothers, or a couple, or all three.

by Anonymousreply 3810/17/2012

The possum-as-pet commercial. "Dad, I think he's dead."

The lady calling her cat in from outside and not realizing it's a raccoon.

Any Bridgestone tire commercial...

by Anonymousreply 3910/17/2012

Also, the "Anyway You Want It" "We just had a little Journey moment there" commercial turns me on a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 4010/17/2012

State Farm insurance has one with a baseball player walking with his agent as he pulls things out of a hedge and winds up pulling another baseball player from inside.

But, the trick is to try to concentrate on the hottie bringing up the rear, pushing a wheelbarrow that will hold the things retrieved. He looks like he could use an extra wheelbarrow to hold what is bulging inside his pants.

A very nice scene stealing crotch.

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2012

I love the ad for Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas which uses lyrics from "Bohemian Rhapsody" and has one guy breaking into song.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2012

Kraft mac and cheese ad where Seymour Cassel tells his son he had a second family.

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2012

I like the one for Special K where the little girl tries to tempt a woman with doughnuts. I like how the kid does the 'game show arm sweep' at the box of doughnuts and the little wink she does.

by Anonymousreply 4411/03/2012

I'm with you, R32.

I laugh every time I see that Little Cesar's pizza commercial with the guys as the galloping horse.

Also love the Geico "Happier than a Witch in a broom factory" ad. Wooo-hoooo!!!

by Anonymousreply 4511/03/2012

I enjoy the Google Chromebook's "For Everyone" spot(s). Good integration of YouTube, a Google property, and excellent music track: The Death Set's "Negative Thinking." And perhaps best of all, the 'For High Maintenance' cut is the best depiction of a future Datalounger ever.

by Anonymousreply 4611/03/2012

And here's a YouTube link to "Negative Thinking," the song used for the spot:

by Anonymousreply 4711/03/2012

I love the one where Ann collapses on the deck of the Hindenburg, falls over the rail onto the deck of the Titanic, and then is forced by 100 Hispanics and blacks to swim to Antarctica at gunpoint.

I don't remember what product the commercial was selling. I just really liked it.

by Anonymousreply 4811/03/2012

The silly commercial with the superhero saving the day with Crunchy Nuts cereal. It has been growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 4911/03/2012

I lovelovelove the guy in the Liquid Plumber commercial.

by Anonymousreply 5011/03/2012

I also love that oven commercial where the guy doing the voice-over talking about all the bling this new oven has, and is chided by his wife to get back to making the mole' sauce.

by Anonymousreply 5111/03/2012

Here is the Liquid Plumber guy's ass!

LOL, he apparently is an actor and UNDERWEAR model named Aaron O'Connell

by Anonymousreply 5211/03/2012

Cheerios - where the toddler boy is in a highchair and his brother scoops up a bunch of his cereal and runs out. I like how the kid laughs, points and shrugs it off. It's such adult gestures for a 1-2 year old.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2012

There's one for KMart that has a dark-skinned woman with long hair running in slo-mo towards the camera. She's just so pretty and wholesome and determined looking that I don't jump for the remote.

by Anonymousreply 5412/29/2012

Agreed, R54, and for the exact reasons you gave.

Also love the State Farm "Career Day" spot with Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers catching shade from a bunch of eight year olds. Those kids are not buying the " I'm an NFL star; aren't you impressed?" jazz.

That 00:00:34 spot captured exactly why I hated Career Day as a kid, with parents trying to one-up each other.

Except it's hilarious, not pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 5512/30/2012

The Drew Brees NyQuil commercial. When he's asleep in bed after taking NyQuil, I wish I was cuddling with him.

by Anonymousreply 5612/30/2012

There's a new crop of ads for Jackson Hewitt tax places. I love the slo-mo dancing.

by Anonymousreply 5701/04/2013

Not sure what product is being sold, but the one with the Asian woman and boy in their kitchen and the tall black guy (basketball player) comes in talking like he's the husband.

The ad makes it look like the wife gets all hot and horny for this giant man, but it turns out she just needs him to be able to reach up and clean out the gutters.

by Anonymousreply 5802/25/2013

Liking the latest Capitol One ads where the toddler girl finally says 'yes'. Jimmy Fallon is so cute doing his 80's dancing to the song "Get Ready".

by Anonymousreply 5904/07/2013

I am loving the new Geico commercial where the gecko fucks up his line and then keeps breaking up when he tries to do the commercial over again. I totally forget that he is only a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 6004/07/2013

The travel site has a funny one -- it shows a husband dragging his wife out of the pool as she clings to the floating lounger in her bathing suit. She doesn't want to leave the great hotel they were booked into, and he drags her through the room and out the door.

by Anonymousreply 6104/22/2013

I can't remember what the product is, but a couple is in the foreground, ooing and ahhing over something like either a camera or a smartphone or something like that, and in the background their baby is doing all sorts of weird damcing and doing back-flips. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6204/22/2013

There is one with this very hot, dark haired guy toting a baby in a carrier strapped to his chest. He is going about his day running errands with that cute little baby hanging from him. The guy is fucking gorgeous. I have no idea what he is selling, but I am buying.

by Anonymousreply 6304/22/2013

Turns out the commercial with the hot daddy is for Wells Fargo.

by Anonymousreply 6404/22/2013

The Utah Travel Council's "The Mighty 5" commercial on the five national parks located in their state is very well done.

The California Powerball commercial with Scala singing their cover of The Mamas & The Papas "California Dreaming".

by Anonymousreply 6504/22/2013

I know it's supposed to be overly emotional but I like the Target commercial featuring the kids getting the news about their college acceptances.

by Anonymousreply 6604/22/2013

Love the new Omega watch ad with all the mechanical creations.

by Anonymousreply 6704/23/2013

I think it's for T Mobile or AT&T cellular service. The guy is sitting at a round table in a kids' classroom aand asks if it's better to be slow or fast. The little girl to his left starts talking about being a werewolf. Her made up monologue about having to shave when it gets hot and "I wish I was back to a human."line is too funny to me.

Kid looks like a Julie Kavner mini me.

by Anonymousreply 6804/23/2013

Optimum Cable's ad with the office worker who frantically tries to avoid hearing his coworkers talk about the great TV show they saw the day before.

He pleads "noooooo" when someone starts to discuss the show and he runs around covering his ears.

by Anonymousreply 6905/16/2013

I like the AT&T commercial of the people taking pictures with their smartphones in a variety of locals, ending with the cute little girl, dressed in a pink pig onsie collapsing on her bed in laughter at the picture sent to her.

Very relatable.

Always brings a smile to my face.

by Anonymousreply 7005/16/2013

Girls Night In by Friskies, the Miracle Whip dip ads for Kickin' Onion Dip and Smokey Bacon Ranch. I want to marry the guy in the ranch spot.

by Anonymousreply 7105/16/2013

"Oooh I don't like those machine voices!" "I know what you mean, so girl, how can I help you?" "Huh, I don't remember."

Both ladies laugh and laugh. Love it.

I don't know what it is about flying cars that I love and cars that go into the ocean in Europe and come up on shore in America.

Cheerful little baby girls with wild bedhead waking up to "I Feel Pretty."

by Anonymousreply 7205/16/2013

I like the BMW ad, with the guy pulling into his home's driveway.

His email is read aloud, it's from his wife: Hi honey, glad you're home. My mom just stopped by.

Hubby stops to think for a moment, then starts backing out of the driveway.

Wife: Where the (car honk) are you going?

by Anonymousreply 7305/16/2013

I love the Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh commercial with the old man. He is so inappropriate and non-PC.

His granddaughter asks him when he knew grandma was "the one." He replies "When her sister dumped me." His grandson asks "Where do we go when we die?" He replies "Into the ground." He keeps going until he has managed to insult his entire family and their friends.

It cracks me up every time.

by Anonymousreply 7405/16/2013

The ad opens with knights, Samoan warriors, a Renaissance woman, a dinosaur, soldiers, helicopter, cars on a beach in slow motion. The song playing has the words "run, run" in it.

The premise is that this guy is watching his Samsung Smart TV and is being asked what kind of program he's in the mood for.

by Anonymousreply 7506/06/2013

The Orbit gum ads with the life-size food. Saw one today that showed a woman on a plane; her meatloaf and mashed potatoes were sitting in the seat next to her and fighting for the armrest. It was surreal and funny.

by Anonymousreply 7606/06/2013

There's one for Samsung Galaxy phone, with a new father changing his infants diaper, then trying to wrap up/swaddle the fussy baby. He finally gets the kid comfy, he picks up the smiling infant then we hear the baby fart twice. The dad says "that feels wet, so....". He has to start all over!

It's cute/funny.

by Anonymousreply 7706/11/2013

Just saw a new one with a camel walking around an office space asking different workers if they knew what day it is....the camel is mostly ignored until one lady wearily replies: "It's hump day."

The camel's voice is perfect as he exults about it indeed being hump day.

My new favorite,

by Anonymousreply 7806/11/2013

The latest Bing commercial (Bing vs Google). It's simple, and makes its point with colorful images and a distinctive song without bad acting or a ridiculous scenario. And it's short. I liked the "yes I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan" part, too. Just simple and short, make your point, and get out.

by Anonymousreply 7906/12/2013

I love that commercial R78.

"Hump daaay"

by Anonymousreply 8006/12/2013

I want the furry daddy from the Ballpark franks ads in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 8106/12/2013

I love the camel hump day commercial for Geico too. The one with the vampire at the blood bank is funny too.

by Anonymousreply 8206/12/2013

Puppy Brother.

by Anonymousreply 8306/12/2013

"What about infinity TIMES infinity?"

(Mimics head exploding)

by Anonymousreply 8406/12/2013

I really enjoy the Geico motorcycle commercial with the man made of money. Love it and love the song!

by Anonymousreply 8506/12/2013

R84, the best part of that commercial is the kid who can't contain his laughter and has to cover his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 8606/14/2013

Farmers Insurance where JK Simmons takes the car keys from a reckless teen driver and throws them across a yard.

JK looks really athletic and 'manly' there - he throws like he was a quarterback in his younger days.

by Anonymousreply 8706/18/2013

I'm loving this old silly crunchy crunchy crunchy Nestle Crunch is so crunchy song commercial I'd forgotten about with kids and an usherette singing at the Saturday matinee.

by Anonymousreply 8807/02/2013

I love it!

Hump day!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8907/02/2013

Just saw a hilarious one for Little Caesar's pizza. It shows a guy with one arm in a cast (his hand is at shoulder level in the cast, like he's about to high-five someone) waiting for his order.

The cashier brings his pizza out and say it's $5.00. Turns out his wallet is in his pocket on the side of his pants where he has the cast. The guy starts to scream and forces his casted arm down to his pocket to get his wallet. The cast breaks apart into plaster cause he is sooo determined to get his pie.

by Anonymousreply 9007/03/2013

The Buick car commercial with Shaquille O'Neal. "Like my momma said when I was born -- wow, I didn't expect that much." I enjoy most of Shaq's commercials.

by Anonymousreply 9107/31/2013

Bravo's "summer" commercial, to the tune of "Fall DOwn." Know nothing about; can't anymore stand Miley Cyrus, but LOVE this commercial!

by Anonymousreply 9207/31/2013

The Eva Longoria cat food commercial! She's hot, the cat is hot (and I need therapy, hee-hee!)

by Anonymousreply 9307/31/2013

I love the Fiat baby who looks like an angel and speaks Italian. The commercial is okay, but the baby should get a standing ovation!

by Anonymousreply 9407/31/2013

I love this one

by Anonymousreply 9507/31/2013

I like the Lucky Charms commercial where Pia Zadora's breasts implode, and two new waterlogged and shiny universes are born from the remnants. Then everyone's dreams metamorphosize into demon jungle crayons.

by Anonymousreply 9607/31/2013

I love the new Marilyn Monroe/Chanel No. 5 commercial.

by Anonymousreply 9711/14/2013

I'm loving the new Honda Civic commercial—it's hopeful and positive, and it makes me feel good whenever I see it.

by Anonymousreply 9801/21/2014

The extended version...

by Anonymousreply 9901/21/2014

Can't remember what they're shilling, but a guy is riding a chairlift up the stairs in his home. He's reading something out loud to his wife, who's at the top of the stairs. Halfway up we see an elderly woman, desperately walking up the stairs, grasping the handrail on the banister, practically gasping for breath. The guy says, "Hi Mom." Cracks me up every time. I know, I know, I'm goin' to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 10002/04/2014

I'm getting very turned on lately by those Trivago commercials. Maybe it's a daddy complex.

by Anonymousreply 10102/04/2014

[quote]I'm getting very turned on lately by those Trivago commercials. Maybe it's a daddy complex.

The guy looks like James Wolk after 20 years of hard living. And I mean that as a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 10202/04/2014

They were mentioned upthread, but the AT&T commercials with Beck Bennett. Not because of the kids, but because he's so hot.

by Anonymousreply 10302/04/2014

Just saw one.

It's the newest California Cow commercial. Mom and the cow are dropping off their little girl at kindergarten. The cow is yelling to the little girl and crying as the little girl walks into the school. The Mom tells the cow that the little girl will only be gone til Noon. The cow then yells "Noon!" and starts bawling louder.

by Anonymousreply 10402/05/2014

I want to suck that period Metro PCS North Indian guy dry.

by Anonymousreply 10502/18/2014

The Fruit of the Loom ad with the guys running onto the baseball field in their briefs. They show a lot of sexy skin.

by Anonymousreply 10605/07/2014

Ow, that's hot.

You better be holding a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 10705/08/2014

there is something about those not too attractive nerdy gay guys in the Sonic ads that tickles me

by Anonymousreply 10805/08/2014

I like the Progressive ad with the Dad staying the same while his family and home turn into a "Flo" thing including the two competitive insurance guys sitting next to him on the couch. His face as this is happening is priceless.

"So, about the sleeping arrangements."

by Anonymousreply 10905/08/2014

I DVR everything so I skip most ads unless I see something that I'd like to hit. Right now I'm liking the guy on the riding mower in the Sears ad.

by Anonymousreply 11005/08/2014

I also am liking the blond guy in the Home Depot ad.

by Anonymousreply 11105/08/2014

AT&T - "Let's close!" I love the poor guy struggling to keep up with his strong female colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 11205/08/2014

I love the FamilyMart Commercials.

by Anonymousreply 11305/08/2014

I don't care what they're advertising, but the "Sonic" commercials with the two guys are always great.

by Anonymousreply 11405/08/2014

This is just my take on it, but because Sonic is technically so "downmarket" by nature, I think that most folks are completely clueless as to the obvious context of their ads. I LIKE the fact that they are two lower middle class gay guys who are so average in every way that no one even thinks about their sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 11505/08/2014

Not so recent but still playing, the Toaster Strudel commercial.

by Anonymousreply 11605/08/2014

There are two cute guys in a Honda? who go to a gas station and start speaking Spanish.

I don't know what this is a commercial for, but I like the men.

I hate Flo but like the one in the rain with the man whose pecs show through his wet shirt.

Hate the lizard for the other insurance too.

by Anonymousreply 11705/08/2014

[quote]There are two cute guys in a Honda? who go to a gas station and start speaking Spanish.

It's for Volkswagen.

Although I've seen it many times, I still get a laugh from the Geico Pinocchio motivational speaker commercial.

by Anonymousreply 11805/08/2014

" would have mentioned the finger."

by Anonymousreply 11905/09/2014

The one for Kia that advertises their back-up camera system. It shows a car backing into a garage and there's a box of toys on the floor. A stuffed rabbit is in the box and it's face looks scared/surprised.

Extremely dramatic music plays as the car rolls into place - will the Kia stop in time before it hits the rabbit? It stops with millimeters to spare. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 12005/10/2014

I usually hate commercials with little kids in them, but the one showing now with the little girl standing at the side of the bed singing "Happy Mother's day to you" only to have her hot daddy come out from under the covers and the look on her face. Then she calmly walks around the bed to start singing again to her Mother as hot daddy joins in. Really cute.

by Anonymousreply 12105/10/2014

This one, mainly because I love the old 70s R&B vibe.

by Anonymousreply 12205/10/2014

For some reason this one tickles me

by Anonymousreply 12305/10/2014

The French's Mustard daddy:

by Anonymousreply 12405/11/2014

The Filet of Fish ad for McDonalds has a very catchy sound track. This is the ad in the submarine with the Capt at the helm and the two mates miming the song behind him. It is the only ad on tv I enjoy seeing. I won't eat McDonalds food, but I do think that the ad was memorable and enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 12505/11/2014

This at&t one...very funny

by Anonymousreply 12605/11/2014

Really getting into the Asics - Gotta Run commercial. Anyone know who he is?

by Anonymousreply 12705/12/2014

I *still* love the old lady saying "That's not how it works! That's not how ANY of this works!"

I crack up every time.

by Anonymousreply 12805/12/2014

[quote]Anyone know who he is?

He's an actor.

by Anonymousreply 12905/12/2014

I agree r128. Plus the set up with the other old lady having all those pictures on a real wall and getting upset and saying: "I unfriend you!"

The look on the "that's not how this works" lady's face kills me.

by Anonymousreply 13005/12/2014

R130, don't forget the third lady sitting on the couch "liking" the photos!

That entire commercial is just fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 13105/12/2014

Here's an alternate Esurance commercial with Beatrice where she's not so out of touch. I think this one was produced because the other has been criticized for being ageist.

by Anonymousreply 13205/12/2014

I like the Excedrin commercial with the little girl who yells "QUIET! Mom has a headache!"

by Anonymousreply 13305/20/2014

AutoTrader commercial featuring Tom Wopat and John Schneider reprising their roles as Bo and Luke Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard.

by Anonymousreply 13407/09/2014

^ They both still look good, especially JS.

by Anonymousreply 13507/09/2014's pronounced gor[italic][bold]DON[/bold][/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 13607/09/2014

The ads for some mind/body enhancer (Berocca?) that star Joel McHale as a guru with a ponytail. He's funny.

by Anonymousreply 13707/09/2014

Ordinarily I don't like the GEICO commercials but this one got a chuckle

by Anonymousreply 13807/11/2014

Agree with R136! Re that commercial (that whole ad campaign is brilliant!): I recognize Andrew Dice Clay's voice, as the hamster; I recognize Kyle Mooney from SNL, but does anyone know (a) who plays GorDON, and (b) who plays the wife;TIA.

by Anonymousreply 13907/11/2014

There's a car ad where the father jokingly asks his son, who looks about 6 years old, if he's ready to drive. Then there's a montage of the kid fantasizing that he's behind the wheel of a real car, stuck in traffic, getting a ticket, dropping groceries in the supermarket parking lot. I like the kid's exasperated "you're killing me" while sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

The ad ends with the kid telling his dad that he's fine with his toy car.

by Anonymousreply 14007/19/2014

The one for Deep Woods OFF, with the hottie at the lakeside cabin. WOOF !

by Anonymousreply 14107/19/2014

The GEICO ad where the gecko is walking along on a beach, and a crab is skittering lazily nearby. At the end, the lizard says, "What are you lookin' at, crabcake?"

by Anonymousreply 14207/19/2014

There's a funny ad for the website Credit Karma - the woman is talking to her computer, bitching that CK is offering a free service but will then charge her credit card. She's expecting a bait & switch situation.

The actress is subtly over the top; she does a good job.

by Anonymousreply 14307/20/2014

I'm not all that into him myself, but the Chase ad with the bio of the clean cut account rep ought to excite some DL folks.

by Anonymousreply 14407/20/2014

The Hyundai spot with the strawberry-blonde cutie girl, face scrunched up in competitive overdrive, pretending to race-drive from her child safety seat, as her hot-hot dad drives around a parking lot.

Dad comes to a stop, checks on the girl, who gives him the cutest "do it again, Daddy!" finger twirl.

The kid and dad are matched perfectly.

Oh, and did I mention the awesome Joan Jett track that is just *perfect* for the ad?

by Anonymousreply 14507/20/2014

I like the Range Rover commercial with this song that is too cha-cha for words.

by Anonymousreply 14607/22/2014

OMFG...has anyone seen the commercial for Carl Jrs/Hardees, promoting their Cinnamon Pull Aparts?

Cut to the narrator speaking to individual "tasters"...

"I'd pull one off in the car on the way to work" - smirk

"I'd pull one off under my desk at the office" - double smirk.

Definitely not subtle, but hysterical nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 14707/22/2014

Gerber ad - the mother tells how her toddler won't put on pants but can feed herself some yummy Gerber baby mush. Then the little girl toddles past with her pants on her head, looking like a fabric wig.

I find it so cute.

by Anonymousreply 14808/16/2014

The Verizon Fios ads where the people talk about how they had internet service that was "half fast", which sounds like 'half-assed'. I love that some knucklehead ad executive came up with this and smiled like a loon when it got accepted.

by Anonymousreply 14910/08/2014

R139, the woman is Judy Greer, she's been many things, including Arrested Development (Kitty) and Archer (Cheryl).

by Anonymousreply 15010/08/2014

A Time Warner commercial that is currently running features a couple at a restaurant, where the man ("Jäger") is smooth talking the lady.

The guy who plays "Jäger" is hot and resembles a young Cory Evans, the 90's gay porn star.

by Anonymousreply 15110/30/2014

Saw this political ad while vacationing in NC recently with the cute grandson and his grandma

by Anonymousreply 15210/31/2014

I agree r127

by Anonymousreply 15310/31/2014

Has anyone else seen the "New and Improved" I can't believe its' not butter ad? The bearded man at the fair who trying to sell the new margarine is breathtakingly GORGEOUS! I want him! I NEED HIM!!

by Anonymousreply 15411/16/2014

Target and Macy's commercials are always visually exciting and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 15511/16/2014

I find this one very creepy but kind of like it:

by Anonymousreply 15611/16/2014

This Ikea commercial

by Anonymousreply 15711/19/2014

The new Honda commercials!

Strawberry Shortcake!!

Too cute.

by Anonymousreply 15811/19/2014

I like the guy in the Nissan "Mony Mony" commercial in heavy rotation now.

Not the fat one!

by Anonymousreply 15911/19/2014

He has several vids on YouTube singing at people from his car.

His name is T. J. Smith.

Here's another:

by Anonymousreply 16011/19/2014

How can you not love the new commercial with Salt N Pepa telling folks to "push it..push it real good" as they walk or stand behind them.

Love the guy mowing his lawn telling them that he is indeed, pushing it, pushing it real good.

Extra added attraction: Spinderella back with S&P getting paid some of that commercial money.

Can a full reunion tour be far behind?

by Anonymousreply 16112/03/2014

I'm truly loving the Samsung commercials with Kristen Bell and her hubby.

They're both adorable😀

by Anonymousreply 16212/07/2014

r161- I love that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 16312/07/2014

The ads for the movie Inherent Vice - I cackle when the cop shoulder bumps Joachin Phoenix and he goes flying to the ground.

The ad for Progressive with the woman using a hand puppet of Flo; the whole setup is so surreal and 'out there' that it's funny. I can't even begin to understand why she feels the need to use a hand puppet on her PC to handle her car insurance needs and then hide it from her husband. What are they smoking at those advertising agencies?

by Anonymousreply 16401/07/2015

I think it's for fast food. The husband freaks out about something and screams "That's it, we're going off the grid!" The face the guy makes when screaming kills me.

They are off the grid when something happens that makes him scream: "That's it, we're going back on the grid!" Making the same outrageous face.

by Anonymousreply 16501/07/2015

The butter guy makes me moist as a snack cake

by Anonymousreply 16601/07/2015

Don't know why, but I like this commercial. "Snack time and lunch. Snack time and lunch."

by Anonymousreply 16701/07/2015

A commercial for an airline, Southwest, I think. As some customers are walking through the airport a young guy passes by on a moving sidewalk handing them coffee.

Apparently, he got the orders right, because as he slowly moves backwards away from them, he gets this adorable look on his face. Just pleased as all hell that he got it right.

The guy has the sweetest smile.

by Anonymousreply 16801/11/2015

I hate this homophobic piece of shit advertising.

by Anonymousreply 16901/11/2015

This one made me bust out laughing - the company is

by Anonymousreply 17002/06/2015

The new Android commercial.

It's beautiful.

Love, love, love The Disney Robin Hood.

by Anonymousreply 17102/06/2015

Hope this link works

by Anonymousreply 17202/06/2015

I like this Pillsbury roll commercial

by Anonymousreply 17302/06/2015

New one for Progressive where Flo goes to the Maury Povich show. It's set up like a baby daddy paternity segment, but Flo shows (that creep) Maury how he can save money. The guy dancing at the end is funny.

by Anonymousreply 17402/11/2015

r167 & r174 those are 2 of my most hated commercials. Anyway I hate 99.9% of commercials and insurance commercials especially. I like this one though. The scapegoat is nutty.

by Anonymousreply 17502/11/2015

r175 here. Correction it's r173 that I hate not r174 (I kinda like Flo).

by Anonymousreply 17602/12/2015

Love the Android "be together not the same" ad with the inter-species animal pals.

by Anonymousreply 17702/12/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!