Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Commercials you're hating right now - the sequel

The other thread is full and it's my only thread to ever reach 600 replies.

I'll start again with the PSA about home ownership with the grandfather and grandson sitting on the porch. The little kid is from the school of 80s child actors who think they're cute but are just obnoxious. Doesn't piss me off as much as King Kong but still irritating.

by Anonymousreply 60002/18/2013

Anything featuring Sofia Vergara.

by Anonymousreply 104/20/2012

The one with that stupid PIG saying "Weeeee" I have to hit mute.

Any of the Progressive Insurance commericals.

Anything with a Kardashian in it.

by Anonymousreply 204/20/2012

"Watch out for my roots!"

The one with the whiny little bitch doing her school pageant and complaining because her dad didn't get her big moment sets my teeth on edge. I can't mute it fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 504/20/2012

Kit-Kat and those series of annoying snaps. Does anyone actually eat Kit-Kat anymore?

by Anonymousreply 704/20/2012

The Honda commercial with the little boy continuously pointing and asking "what's this?"

The ad for Optimum WiFi where the guy is on the train platform on his laptop and the guy next to him is complaining how he's over his limit on his provider. I hate the way the guy won't turn his head and look at the guy - he keeps looking at him out of the corner of his eyes. It makes the one guy look crazy.

by Anonymousreply 804/21/2012

a promo for Hook, Line and Sinker (something like that). It always comes on abrubtly on Cooking channel. This dork singing "I'm goooinnng fiiiisshiing" with a goober smile on his face, playing a banjo. That's it just those three words make up the song! It always springs up on me and that stupid song sticks in my head. Once I manage to forget that dumb song, BAM!!, the promo comes on again.

by Anonymousreply 1004/21/2012

[quote]The one with the whiny little bitch doing her school pageant and complaining because her dad didn't get her big moment sets my teeth on edge. I can't mute it fast enough.

You just know this girl will seduce her male teachers in high school, and be a stripper with a daddy fetish when she turns 18.

by Anonymousreply 1104/21/2012

I know they're trying to appeal to that burger-buying demographic of 17-24 year old straight males, but good grief.

by Anonymousreply 1404/21/2012

R14, Arby's doesn't sell burgers.

by Anonymousreply 1604/21/2012

The Selma Hayek milk commercial. She doesn't have to go out for milk, she's married to a billionaire and seeing she's also doing a Burger King commercial, obviously doesn't give her a big enough allowance.

by Anonymousreply 1704/21/2012

[quote]The creepy long-tongued cereal squares that eat each other up.

Not only is that ad weird but at one point, the announcer addresses the viewer as women (something like "ladies, you'll love those crazy squares").

by Anonymousreply 1904/21/2012

Those Ocean Spray Cranberry juice commercials with the fake, wannabe Smothers Brothers act. It's so patronizing unless they're pandering to people who are too young to know of Smothers Bros. and think these ads are so original.

by Anonymousreply 2004/21/2012

Did Ad agencies decide it was cheaper to pay off songwriters of oldies rather than think up their own jingle? And what's with combining two songs in one commercial??

by Anonymousreply 2104/21/2012

[quote]I was replying to [R13]'s comment and was not referring to Arby's. You need to stop ASSuming things.

R18, to reply to someone, you need to put R in front of the post number, not just post randomly as an independent thought with no context.

by Anonymousreply 2204/21/2012

Oh R22, unclench.

by Anonymousreply 2304/23/2012

R6 must watch a parallel TV universe.

Annoying as that Vergara woman is, I can't recall seeing more than one commercial with her in it - once (and I watch a lot of TV.)

by Anonymousreply 2404/23/2012

"Okay, who ordered the yummy cereal and who ordered the cereal to lower cholesterol? I got that wrong, didn't I."

by Anonymousreply 2504/23/2012

I know the host of Sweet Genius - Ron Ben Israel. He's not really like that at all - but I agree that it's too much.

by Anonymousreply 2604/23/2012

Swiffer ads with people dressed as the pieces of dirt that live in the low spots on your floor.

Every time I watch it I imagine the actors each spent years perfecting their craft, and are now drawing a decent paycheck for impersonating a piece of lint.

by Anonymousreply 2804/23/2012

Doesn't anyone at Toyota know the difference between "masseuse" and "masseur"?

by Anonymousreply 2904/23/2012

"Fiber makes me....sad!!!

Ugh, that annoying actor is a dead ringer for my ex.

by Anonymousreply 3104/23/2012

Sofia Vergara has the soda ad, at least 3 ads for Cover Girl and several where she's shilling her clothing and linen lines for K-Mart.

by Anonymousreply 3204/23/2012

That horrible bitch who sings EVERY note just under pitch makes my ears fucking bleed.

by Anonymousreply 3304/23/2012

Chase Bank- with the lion in the zoo and the little girl that freaks because she thinks it's going to eat everyone in the bank.

That little girl is such a stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3404/23/2012

Poise Light Bladder Leakage Fairy shill and Scientologist Kirstie Alley's ads for leaking lady parts.

by Anonymousreply 3504/23/2012

But the lion is great, R34 -- natural talent.

by Anonymousreply 3604/23/2012

[quote]Those DirectTV commercials which show bad things that happen to people. I think these are sick, sick, ads.

I hate that ad campaign as well, except the guy in the one you posted at R30 is hot hot hot. I drop everything to watch him.

by Anonymousreply 3704/23/2012

Aye am a swit jenjuss... are you?

by Anonymousreply 3804/23/2012

Jamie Lee Curtis and the Activia scat sisterhood.

Can't believe someone mentioned the Ocean Spray ads. The younger of the guys is dorky but cute.

by Anonymousreply 4004/23/2012

I actually like the Direct TV commericals.

by Anonymousreply 4104/23/2012

All the Siri commercials suck. I haven't seen one yet that wasn't completely annoying.

by Anonymousreply 4204/23/2012

The crying mom-and-daughter in the Verizon store for the Droid Razor.

by Anonymousreply 4304/23/2012

that awful excuse for a commercial with the kids and the parents singing in the new Honda Pilot. Especially when that girl goes, "Ay ay ay"...Ugh! hate it!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4404/23/2012

I'm getting sick of the cross-promotions of "The Avengers" with various companies, like Farmers Insurance.

by Anonymousreply 4504/24/2012

Blythe Danner doing a one-woman show apparently about brittle bones (which receives a standing ovation).

by Anonymousreply 4604/24/2012

The ads for Ace Hardware where the fat asses whine about having to actually around Home Debot or Lowe's, both of which have more merchandise than Ace.

by Anonymousreply 4704/24/2012

Prilosec commercial with the grandpa remembering attending every opening day at the ballpark. Check out his 'grandson' --- really cute little kid, but I SWEAR they blacked out his front teeth. Just bugs me.

Also the Aleve commercial with that stupid, over-scheduled woman walking around gulping her coffee, water, etc. It's a really gross noise.

by Anonymousreply 4804/24/2012

[quote]Any of the Progressive Insurance commericals.

I like the "Go Money" dancing guy, the way he clumsily dances.

[quote]Anything with a Kardashian in it.

I'm sick of Kim already, she is on the cover of every magazine now. Her current bf (Kanye West) is fake, to get her in the news again.

These celebrity couples are all smoke and mirrors for publicity. People are not that stupid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4904/24/2012

I like the term "the Activia scat sisterhood" / "sisterhood of scat"

by Anonymousreply 5104/24/2012

The Angie's List ads with the black woman whose wig makes her look like she's wearing an awful helmet of black hair. That hairstyle is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 5205/01/2012

I can't wait until we talk about MichFest and the new Systerhood of Scat tent, which will be located next to the PortaJanes.

by Anonymousreply 5305/01/2012

That F---ing Xfinity commercial with that crying hag taking the installers handkerchief. I just have to turn the channel. She's so fucking ugly!

by Anonymousreply 5405/01/2012

Two I can't stand:

"You had me at pro biotics"- ugh

The bikini razor commercial where the bushed get trimmed-vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 5505/01/2012

The ad for the "Stop Smoking" campaign that cuts in horrific shots of open heart surgery, with a beating heart in a wide open chest.

I can take gore in movies, etc. but I can't handle 'real-life' blood and guts.

by Anonymousreply 5605/02/2012

That ugly woman shilling Beano, the anti-gas pill. I guess looks shouldn't matter when you're talking about gas but she's just hideous. And looks like she'd have dry, dusty farts.

by Anonymousreply 5705/02/2012

That one where the family screams at each other . . . who the hell thought this was a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 5805/02/2012

I think it's Cheerios with the African American dad and his cute son who is asking continuous questions about what's in the cereal box. I tumble for the mute whenever it comes on. Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 5905/02/2012

In the Northeast the ads for Bobs Discount Furniture with the Bob-o-Pedic mattresses and the really amazingly ugly leatherette sectionals.

by Anonymousreply 6005/02/2012

[quote]The Angie's List ads with the black woman whose wig makes her look like she's wearing an awful helmet of black hair. That hairstyle is distracting.

The one who says "I'm busy busy busy busy."

by Anonymousreply 6105/02/2012

[quote]All the Siri commercials suck. I haven't seen one yet that wasn't completely annoying.

They finally made one sort of OK in latest one with Samuel L. Jackson.

The latest (as I type this) Progressive ad with Flo "at work" with a plumber, a truck driver, working in an Asian food truck etc. is pretty funny. She's out of the virtual Progressive "store" and gets to show some comic acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 6205/02/2012

The mother and daughter who are crying so hard that they need subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 6305/02/2012

The commercial for some fly-by-night school where the mom comes in and asks her daughter to go out to dinner. The daughter says "Not if you're gonna talk about college" and the mother tells her about some woman she works with whose daughter graduated in nine months. Daughter tells mother "Great! You should get me the number!" Maybe she should also attend the classes for you too, you lazy ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6405/02/2012

The ad for Gas-X are sorta funny, but also kind of gross. There's one now with two candidates having a debate; one guy is having intestinal issues. The jokes are fast and furious - one line is "the skunk has left the barn".

I admit I chuckle at the end of the ad, with the one guy walking very stiff legged off-stage, clenching his ass like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6505/02/2012

THis one

by Anonymousreply 6605/02/2012

An old parody

by Anonymousreply 6705/02/2012

"the kids and the parents singing in the new Honda Pilot"

That totally ruined "Crazy Train" for me.

by Anonymousreply 6805/02/2012

Did any of these ads actually make it on television? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 6905/02/2012

For some weight loss product called SENSA. The ad shows beautiful, slim people in white swimsuits dancing on the beach and shaking the product onto food. Shake 'Sensa' on ice cream and chocolate and pizza and get thin!

Whoever buys this stuff DESERVES to be ripped off.

by Anonymousreply 7005/07/2012

As soon as I see the station wagon, I change the channel before the kid in the back seat starts making a rhythm sound and then the whole damn family chimes in with their own stupid song. Agonizing. Have no idea what the ad is promoting.

by Anonymousreply 7105/07/2012

I hate the "Mommy, no!" commercial for Chase Bank where the girl thinks the lion will end up at the bank. How dumb is that little girl? She should be lion feed.

by Anonymousreply 7205/07/2012

The ad for that hotel in Vegas where everybody is reciting "Bohemian Rhapsdy."

Grating and pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 7305/07/2012

The Liquid Plumber ad where the woman fantasizes about being double penetrated.

by Anonymousreply 7505/07/2012

The Charter commercials with the International Date Line.

by Anonymousreply 7605/07/2012

[quote]As soon as I see the station wagon, I change the channel before the kid in the back seat starts making a rhythm sound and then the whole damn family chimes in with their own stupid song.

I know!! What song is that, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 7705/07/2012

I know it's mean to be responsible and feel-good, but I am sick of the commercial with the father teaching the daughter to drive; she's about 7 and towards the end morphs to c. 17. The little girl and the teenager just drive me nuts with their obnoxiousness. The "don't use cell" is a great message, but maybe another commercial with different fucking actresses and father could be done; the more, the merrier. I just get sick - as anybody does, I'm sure - of commercials that air again. And again. And againg.

by Anonymousreply 7805/07/2012

I agree, R78. But the father is gorgeous (so are both of the blonde daughters, though I'm not interested in them).

by Anonymousreply 7905/07/2012

The closeups on the gatorade soccer player are not kind. She looka lika man.

by Anonymousreply 8105/08/2012

Not so much hate but puzzlement by the Maxwell House coffee ad where this guy just appears in a restaurant and rags on some diners being served coffee from a French press.

He's so pompous and snarky and the setup is so.... random.

by Anonymousreply 8205/11/2012

This one.

by Anonymousreply 8305/11/2012

I think it's interesting when commercials "change" after they are released, presumably because of negative reaction.

For example, the cell phone commercial where the mom and daughter are so tearful they need subtitles has been changed so that you can now understand them - no subtitles.

Another one I can think of recently is the Citibank commercial about the female rock-climber. Originally she was shown climbing with some inane verbage about her boyfriend and shopping. Now all they show is a shorthened version which focuses on her skill.

by Anonymousreply 8605/11/2012

The one for DISH network, where the obnoxious guy invites himself into peoples homes and yammers on and on about what a great deal Dish is.

by Anonymousreply 8705/15/2012

Those god damned pooping cartoon bears, their bear asses covered in bear poop smeared bits of toilet paper.

Does a bear shit in the woods? No, everywhere but.

Why don't they just shill Leah Rimini incontinence panties and expand their market?

by Anonymousreply 8805/15/2012

What r86 said - any insiders care to comment?

by Anonymousreply 8905/15/2012

Similar to R86, what's the deal with companies modifying their original campaign to accomodate new ones even if the fit is awkward? I'm thinking of the Capitol One bank ads. Years ago, the barbarians were the joke--they were the physical representation of how bank fees "rape and pillage" your wallet. Now they costar with Alec Baldwin in ads and make jokes about traveling together to Hawaii.

Will they ever retire the barbarians? Why do companies hold on so tightly to themes that have lost their original intent?

by Anonymousreply 9005/15/2012

Any car commercial. I'm old enough (yes, probably could be considered an eldergay) when commercials used to simply tell you what the manufacturer's models had and the gas mileage. Now ads either show you cars speeding on ice lakes or seas of fire, driving up walls or backwards at 200 miles per hour -- all with the disclaimer "Profession driver on a closed course. Do not attempt." -- or they are so stupid such as one of the latest where one group of car dealers phone a competitor and then giggle.

by Anonymousreply 9105/15/2012

I wouldn't mind this if he didn't suddenly go falsetto

by Anonymousreply 9205/15/2012

[quote]Honey Oats Cereal. That gash at the end who says "Yummy". I want to beat the hell out of her.

That "gash" could no doubt beat the hell out of you, Keyboard Warrior Queen.

by Anonymousreply 9305/15/2012

R93 = gash's sister

by Anonymousreply 9405/15/2012

The "My Pillow" ads grate on my nerves. The inventor is the star of the commercial and he is an annoying lump of flesh. The testimonials are so staged, especially the one with the blond haired little girl who coos how much she loves that darned pillow.

by Anonymousreply 9505/16/2012

Yeah, R86 -- so much for focus groups, if they react well to an ad that the public then hates.

The Boursin cheese ad suddenly started having new dialogue. The husband used to say that he bought the cheese because samples were being offered by a "nice lady" who's blonde -- now he tells his brunette wife that he bought it because it looked good, though "not as good as you". Do wives really long to be told that they look better than a lump of spreadable cheese (with or without herbs & garlic)?

by Anonymousreply 9605/16/2012

For some car company: The aspiring singer who croons "Billionaire", while driving to her "gigs" in her new car and practices in her nice apartment. Hey honey, the whole undie rock singer might play better with a little more poverty.

The commercial that features people singing "Stream" (a take off on the Everly Brothers' "Dream").

I rarely hit the remote but these two send me running for the hills

by Anonymousreply 9705/16/2012

The feminine wash ad with the embarrassed-looking woman turning her head away from her friends. "I found out the hard way..."

by Anonymousreply 9805/16/2012

The ads for Terminix that show those animated (but very creepy) monster things eating at the wood in homes. They make me itchy.

by Anonymousreply 9905/26/2012

Almost forgot. The fat ass kids playing soccor about "You are what you eat" shit.

by Anonymousreply 10105/31/2012

R86, sometimes ads get edited down because after the initial campaign airs, shorter spots are put in place to supplement viewer awareness without having to pay for the full spot. I think that likely in the two examples you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 10205/31/2012

There's one for Hamburger Helper, with a little girl asking for some HH for her imaginary friend. Her brother gets irate that SHE got more goop instead of him, then the girl smirks at him.

I don't like the aura of sibling rivalry that is the tone of this ad.

by Anonymousreply 10306/04/2012

The phone ads with John Malkovich, all slumped over, looking bored and strung out and talking to Siri.

by Anonymousreply 10406/10/2012

The Quakers cookie ad where the next door neighbor takes a huge bite out of the other neighbor's cookie and then acts as if nothing happened.

The Subway ad with the firemen with children's voices where one comes from inside the station to find the chief eating his sandwich while the firewoman just looks on.

In both ads, I wish the offended parties would slap the hell out of the people who ate their food.

by Anonymousreply 10506/11/2012

I hate the one where the lady is asking the Chinese guy how he gets the clothes so clean and he tells the lady to mind her own god damn business.

Then his wife comes out and says,"I'm done beating them on a rock."

And the woman says "Ancient Chinese Secret huh?"

by Anonymousreply 10606/11/2012

One that makes me lash out in a racist rant is the Subway commercial where the firefighters have children's voices and the black chief has stolen his employees sandwich. I didn't think I had racist tendencies, but this commercial pushes all the affirmative action buttons. It's insidious propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 10706/11/2012

R107, see r105

by Anonymousreply 10806/11/2012

[quote]I don't like the aura of sibling rivalry that is the tone of this ad.

You must be an only child, R103.

by Anonymousreply 11006/12/2012

I hate the ad with the guy skydiving and Laurie Anderson's "O Superman" playing in the background. I don't even know what the ad is for - maybe a camera or a cell phone? - but it has completely ruined one of my favorite, most iconic songs. Not unlike my hatred of whatever cruise line co-opted Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11106/12/2012

Zombies terrorize Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 11206/12/2012

Oops wrong one.

by Anonymousreply 11306/12/2012

the one where the grandprents are discussing insurance but the granddaughter's electric guitar playing in the garage is too distracting. Grandpa goes to the garage to chew them out but is overcome by the rhythm and starts playing 'born to be wild'. It's badly acted and comes across like a porn scenerio.

by Anonymousreply 11406/12/2012

The Toyota commercials with the "coach"...a little too Sandusky.

by Anonymousreply 11506/12/2012

The Lisa Rinna commercials for Depends......guess Harry's not getting any work!

by Anonymousreply 11606/12/2012

There's a commercial for Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal. The black guy in it is creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 11706/21/2012

The Direct TV deductive reasoning commercials. Totally irritating.

by Anonymousreply 11806/21/2012

The Hamburger Helper ad with the sister and the imaginary friend is the *only* good commercial currently running. That girl is genius.

by Anonymousreply 11906/21/2012

I agree with R99, the Terminix commercials are disgusting, any commercial with giant bugs or roaches exploding out of a drain should not be allowed on TV, what makes these advertisers think anyone wants to see that?

by Anonymousreply 12006/21/2012

Any of the kashi commercials. For some reason the acting seems horrible, totally contrived and uncomfortable in all of them. The annoying-on-it's-own line "We're on a mission to cause health food cravings" is delivered through a grimace that suggests that someone just off camera is holding a gun on the speaker.

by Anonymousreply 12106/22/2012

R107, get help, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 12206/24/2012

[quote]I hate the ad with the guy skydiving and Laurie Anderson's "O Superman" playing in the background. I don't even know what the ad is for - maybe a camera or a cell phone?

There are two versions of that exact same commercial, one with an Asian guy named Tony Mac and one with a Latino guy named Nick. Why have two exact same versions of the commercial? Is that annoying "huh, huh, huh, huh, huh" part of the song?

by Anonymousreply 12306/24/2012

Walmart commercials with their stinky new spokesman. He thinks he's smooth and affable, but he talks like a used car salesman, and he's plain ugly, particularly in the spot where they switch Golden Ox Steakhouse steaks with crappy steaks from Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 12507/04/2012

The crunchy nuts commercial with the weird looking black guy, and a retarded looking crunchy nut hero. I was dumbfounded when I first saw it lol

by Anonymousreply 12607/04/2012

The KFC commercial with the grandfather and grandson having a physical altercation over whether to get mac & cheese or mashed potatoes and gravy as the side item with their chicken.

It's so hostile and stunningly inappropriate I'm surprised it's still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 12707/04/2012

I like the KFC commercial! HAhah. However, I HATE the Free Credit Score . Com commercials with the greasy hipster "band" singing.

by Anonymousreply 12807/04/2012

Cannot stand anytime the Nationwide spokesperson is on talking about vanishing deductible. The most annoying commercial spokesperson ever.

by Anonymousreply 12907/04/2012

That KFC commercial is stupidly entertaining and I'm ashamed to say that it makes me laugh.

Hating that "Seven grains on a mission!" one. My brain always hears "...on a mission from God".

by Anonymousreply 13007/04/2012

[quote]The KFC commercial with the grandfather and grandson having a physical altercation over whether to get mac & cheese or mashed potatoes and gravy as the side item with their chicken. It's so hostile and stunningly inappropriate I'm surprised it's still on the air.

I've noticed today this one has been edited down to omit the wrestling at the end.

by Anonymousreply 13107/04/2012

The Lotrimin commercial where the groom gets married barefooted.

by Anonymousreply 13207/04/2012

Those irritating scooter ads with the woman who is "back in control" now that she has a scooter. I guess she wasn't able to carry a basket of rolls to the table before the scooter came her way.

Her friends aren't much better; one has "his independence back" which he proves by scooting along on a perfectly flat surface while talking to little kids and another one who never expected the people who were trying to sell him a scooter to be "so nice" to him.

Not much better is the guy singing: "Hoveround takes me where I want to go, where will it send me?"

by Anonymousreply 13407/06/2012

There's one running now where a people are whooping and holding up a fish/pizza/dog.

Beyond idiotic and annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 13507/06/2012

Worst commercial ever -

by Anonymousreply 13607/06/2012

Hulu is running lots of ads for HEB, a Texas grocery chain. Over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 13707/06/2012

All the "Siri" commercials by Apple are godawful, but the one with John Malchovitch is the worst.

Dear god, someone please make them stop.

by Anonymousreply 13807/06/2012

The one for Toyota where the woman walks by clay models of cars and grabs hand full of clay from each, in order to mold the perfect car.

I just don't feel it - it's messy.

by Anonymousreply 13907/17/2012

I've always irrationally hated commercials for Kit Kat and all the stupid little breaks and snaps. It's a stupid candy bar.

by Anonymousreply 14007/17/2012

[R134] Did you ever notice how obese that Hovaround guy singing is? Apparently the scooter is sending him to a lot of buffet tables.

by Anonymousreply 14107/17/2012

The ad for Oikos yogurt, where two wives are spooning down yogurt so they'll see a vision of John Stamos instead of their slob husbands - hate it. Huluplus has been playing it over and over.

by Anonymousreply 14207/17/2012

The car commercial where the wife thinks her husband stole the used car. "Come on papi!". Yeah, it's always hysterical when Anglos use Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 14407/18/2012

R135 yes, yes and yes! would now never visit that pizza joint. also the postage ad where the guy says "there's nothing worse that standing in line at the post office!" sheltered life much?

by Anonymousreply 14507/18/2012

The verizon android ad with the mother and daughter crying and sniffling and trying to buy new phones so the daughter can go off to college. UGH!!!

by Anonymousreply 14607/18/2012

This one!

by Anonymousreply 14707/18/2012

It can't get any worse than this!

by Anonymousreply 14807/18/2012

"The Hopper" Dish TV DVR ad has to be on of the most annoying current ads on TV! Anything with loud people or screaming brings me over the edge.

The 'blue collar' Bostonians screaming at each other, tries to be funny but comes across as excruciating and ultra annoying.

Ditto for the music in the Cheerios ad, ugh When you think the ad is over, a serene nature shot is shown with the annoying, "The one and only Cheerios...." sung again. Once is enough, Thank You!

I wonder, do ad agencies go out od their way to hire annoying singers, actors and actresses for these ads? The biggest joke is that the client agrees that these ads will work for their products, which simply proves to me how brain dead most executives and CEOs are!

by Anonymousreply 15007/18/2012

I like that one R148. The guy in the grey suit is chunky-hot, nice strong thighs.

by Anonymousreply 15107/18/2012

The one with the fake cool couple singing across America in a shitty old SUV. "All my Exes Live in Texas", etc. The worst lip-syncing of all time. The girl is thinking "Who do I have to fuck to get into a better car?"

by Anonymousreply 15207/18/2012

There is a luxury car commercial where the car gets stuck in a race in the streets and the passenger is screaming at another driver for directions. Doesn't this luxury car some with a GPS?

by Anonymousreply 15307/18/2012

R153 what I hate most about that ad is the way the stuck up bitch says "I guess he's not from around here" at the end

by Anonymousreply 15407/18/2012

Those fucking annoying AMICA commercials. And they have to double them up because one isn't obnoxious enogh apparently. That horrid jingle/music and they play them over and over. I literally would not buy their insurance no matter the rate, I hate the commercials that much.

by Anonymousreply 15507/18/2012

This putz with the "jooshy" lisp.

by Anonymousreply 15607/18/2012

OMG -- My Fox network is showing these new ads with the Octomom shilling for one of those payday loan companies. She's vile.

by Anonymousreply 15707/19/2012

There's one for Optimum cable with parents talking about their baby being on Facebook before it was born, and whining about how it keeps them awake at night. So boring.

by Anonymousreply 15807/20/2012

How about that Mazda commercial ("I'm a roadrunner baby..." that features what looks like a TWELVE YEAR OLD smug Asian girl roaring her new Mazda around. ANNOYING, since we are in our thirties driving a second hand mini van.

by Anonymousreply 15907/25/2012

I hate that eyeglass commercial with the "sexy librarian?" How pathetic, they have to bring that crap into an eyeglass commercial, implying that to women, looking like some dumb sex object stereotype is the only consideration in buying glasses? How insulting to women.

by Anonymousreply 16007/25/2012

R160, I'm with you there. Dumbest ad in years.

by Anonymousreply 16107/25/2012

R156...I actually find that guy very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 16307/25/2012

There's a commercial for Life Alert that has this old biddy with an oxygen tube strapped to her face. She's so giddy about her Life Alert system that she says "I'd give up bread, wine, beer and soda, but not my Life Alert".

What a horrible ad.

by Anonymousreply 16407/26/2012

I HATE Progressive commercials. I especially hate that girl likes shes the bees knees and the guys from the other insurance agency of course are buffoons. I hate all commercials that try to make like its funny to make the average white man a dumb ass or pretty much all men to be sure. Yes we are all idiots now according the Hollywood and Madison ave. (I know that's not where commercials are made now but most will get the reference)

by Anonymousreply 16508/07/2012

[R107] - I not only agree with you about the subway commercial, but in many ways that one commercial can be the snapshot for the perfect hate commercial. It has bigotry, racism and is sexist as you have the the thieving black dude, the (of course) dumb ass white dude, and the kakniving smirking bitch, all talking in the most annoying little kid voices. The F-ing Worst!

by Anonymousreply 16608/07/2012

[quote]Cannot stand anytime the Nationwide spokesperson is on talking about vanishing deductible. The most annoying commercial spokesperson ever.

He is so ugly I seriously cannot watch him on my screen. I have to turn away.

by Anonymousreply 16708/07/2012

The Walmart commercials that feature the fake store and then the moms all go, "Oh, wow I didn't know Wal-Mart had all this great, cheap stuff!" And the one mom goes, "I've never bought kids clothes at Wal-Mart before!" Arrhhgg.Really? We're supposed to believe this?

Also, the Sam Adams one with the 'Overwhelmed' song. 'Mute' everytime.

And just now, the Target commercials with the singing teachers that are just barely singing a song that's almost to the tune of an older song. Mute.

by Anonymousreply 16808/11/2012

The husband who pushes the price tag for a car at the salesman and says this is the price I will pay, take it or leave it and then to top it off the asshole wife praises the jerkoff husband with "Good job, babeeeee."

The new redhead for Wendy's not only stops in to say hello to old salads but now she is urging a cute guy to buy a recliner with the word "baconator." Man, is she irritating. "Livin' large my friend" ass!

On the other hand, I want to fuck the guy dancing to "webuyanycar" so bad I can almost taste it. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 16908/11/2012

Optimum ad showing really cute baby where the crazy-eyed mother and dreary-eyed father are lamenting that they never get any sleep because the baby keeps them up all night. Well, it's too late now assholes... Imagine if those two had had twins!

by Anonymousreply 17008/16/2012

I hate all commercials. But, I especially hate the singing guy on that back-to-school Target commercial.

I do love the lady from the Lypozene commercial: "LOOK AT YOU!". That's it though.

by Anonymousreply 17108/16/2012

the one where the lying cheating scumbag of a father steals the son's chicken nuggets under the ruse of playing with him

by Anonymousreply 17208/16/2012

[quote]On the other hand, I want to fuck the guy dancing to "webuyanycar" so bad I can almost taste it. I love him.

I thought I was the only one!

by Anonymousreply 17308/16/2012

All the Romney ads playing constantly on my TV. Oh the joy of living in a battleground state (Ohio). There are just as many Obama ads, so we don't see very many "normal" commercials anymore.

by Anonymousreply 17408/17/2012

As a fellow Ohioan I feel your pain, R74. I'm in a deep red part of the state, so it's especially bad around here. I miss living in the Blue North East.

by Anonymousreply 17508/17/2012

I'm with you R169. The chick doing the Wendy's commercials is so annoying. She's trying too hard to be hip.

by Anonymousreply 17608/17/2012

Just for you, R163

by Anonymousreply 17708/17/2012

Busy Busy Busy Busy from Angies list! Gawd I hate that.

"I'm a Phoenix" any version

As stated before anything with a Kardasian in it.

The one where kids (and parents) are returning used video games and getting upset they can only get 9 $ fr a used game they spent 50$ for .

But I confess I kinda like the Siri ads...

by Anonymousreply 17808/22/2012

I hate most commercials too, but why are you all watching so many commercials? Isn't 90-95% of what you watch on your DVR?

by Anonymousreply 17908/22/2012

Some of us like watching commercials, even on our DVRs.

by Anonymousreply 18008/23/2012

We hate the Angie's List ads because Angie is still advertising on Rush Limbaugh's radio show.

Ugh, feh and yuck!

"I'm finished scrubbing the floor...I'm a book, no, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee on the, no..I'm gonna take a bubble bath!"

by Anonymousreply 18108/23/2012

[quote]We hate the Angie's List ads because Angie is still advertising on Rush Limbaugh's radio show.

Hmm, had no idea about that.

I wonder how that would go over in the DC area (where the list was founded)?

by Anonymousreply 18208/23/2012

Any McDonald's commerical but the worst is the guy on the park bench looking at the modern sculpture.

by Anonymousreply 18308/23/2012

Infiniti - "Definitely not Bora-Bora." or its sequel, "Definitely not a cruise."

Could those guys be MORE pussy-dazzled?

by Anonymousreply 18408/23/2012

R125 & R135, those two commercials are at the top of my list of ads that I hate! That Walmart guy is beyond annoying. I cannot stand him!

by Anonymousreply 18508/23/2012

The surreal one for Lays potato chips with chef Michael Symon and Eva Longoria. I hate the end with all the people threatening them with pies, who then start dancing in the streets of NY.

by Anonymousreply 18708/23/2012

The current Capital One commercial with Jerry Stiller screaming at a crowd near the Flatiron Building.

The first time I saw the ad, I thought Jerry was saying, "You are still BANGING like pilgrims!"

I was like, "Huh? Banging?" It sure doesn't sound like he's saying 'banking', but that's the line.

Perhaps his teeth were loose?

by Anonymousreply 18808/24/2012

"I like the Blinded Me With Science teacher, though."

Is that the guy at the piano or organ? If it is, that's Melissa McCarthy's husband, Ben Falcone.

by Anonymousreply 19008/24/2012

The "Blinded Me With Science" teacher is black. The organ teacher uses the song "Word Up".

by Anonymousreply 19108/24/2012

[quote]I'm currently hating the teacher who sings We Got the Beat for Target. I hate that actress and her squeaky voice. She seems to be in every other commercial, usually selling yogurt.

Is that the woman who's in the dog food ads with the cute dogs that she treats like her children? The dogs are great, not so crazy about her (though anyone who loves animals is basically OK with me).

by Anonymousreply 19208/24/2012

That annoying Target/dog food actress is also in the Fiber One bar ads.

In the Fiber One bar ads they've got her paired with a hipster douche, who, in the real world, would not even look at such a woman let alone be married to her!

She reminds me of a sitcom actress from the 80s.

She's as annoying as the woman in the original 1-800 Dentists ads, the one with the Cabbage Patch doll face, perhaps they're related.

by Anonymousreply 19308/26/2012

Maybe this one is just a regional ad in NY, but I instantly change the channel the second I hear it. To the tune of "Summer Lovin'":

"Summer Savings/Nissan's a blast!..."

It didn't particularly bother me the first thousand or so times, but then they just kept playing it and playing it and they're STILL playing it!

And the one with the couple whose baby had a Facebook page before she was born really just makes me want to barf my guts out.

by Anonymousreply 19408/26/2012

Oh, just noticed r186 mentioned the "Grease" ad. Glad I'm not the only one!

by Anonymousreply 19508/26/2012

Any commercial (or TV show/film) with people faking New York accents.

by Anonymousreply 19608/26/2012

Another vote for the 'SUMMER LOVIN' car ad. Drives me nuts.

Also, there's an XFINITY commercial with the couple whose daughter gets accepted at Julliard, so the variety of uses are shown. It ends with their big, dumb ox of a son moving back into the home shouting MOM! DAD-OOOO!!!

by Anonymousreply 19708/26/2012

I avoid all commercials. Instinctively, I press mute during commercial breaks, and look away from the screen. Does anyone else do this? If feels like someone on the street putting a flier in your hand, and asking for money.

by Anonymousreply 19808/26/2012

[quote]The dogs are great, not so crazy about her (though anyone who loves animals is basically OK with me).

You do know she's just acting, right? Those are not really her dogs.

by Anonymousreply 19908/26/2012

R198, get over yourself! MARY.

by Anonymousreply 20008/26/2012

[quote]She reminds me of a sitcom actress from the 80s.

Yeah, she seems she would fit in better in an 80s sitcom, like Three's Company or Charles in Charge.

by Anonymousreply 20108/26/2012

She's in everything! She's also in a Progressive commercial. Speaking of which, I liked "Flo" in the beginning but now she needs to be retired.

by Anonymousreply 20208/26/2012

I cannot place who this annoying actress reminds me of, but I see her in a sitcom as playing some snoopy ultra annoying neighbor who is overly concerned with her neighbor's sex lives and level of clutter or something that's none of her damn business.

Her voice makes my ears bleed. She is all over the place like fungus.

I wonder why she's suddenly getting hired for all these commercials, perhaps she has some major dirt on some very famous actor, actress, director or producer?!!

by Anonymousreply 20308/26/2012

Some recent ads that aren't hateful but cringe worthy.

Old Navy ads with the cast of 90210, and more recently, George Wendt doing his 'da Bears' character.

Saw a commercial today that was sad and embarrassing. It was a travel company; they dug up Eddie Money from some homeless shelter to sing "Two Tickets to Paradise". I didn't even know it was Eddie until he started to sing his iconic song. He looked rough and his voice is gone, but he must need that pay check.

by Anonymousreply 20408/31/2012

The Siri commercials STILL suck.

by Anonymousreply 20508/31/2012

A toothpaste commercial where they use a device on 2 people's mouths and the woman yells "GERM PARTY !!"

by Anonymousreply 20609/02/2012

Oh no, R199! Are the doggies just pretending too?! Say it ain't so!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20709/02/2012

Teenager talking on his phone to his Mother. He and his friend are standing in front of an open refrigerator and they are hungry. He called Ma because there is nothing to eat in the fridge. She assures them that there is something and all they have to do is look forward and then to the left.

Somebody was paid good money to come up with this commercial.

by Anonymousreply 20809/02/2012

P.S. I can say it in just 4 syllables:

by Anonymousreply 21009/03/2012

P.P.S. To 'Anonymous' about the teenager talking to his mother about the pizza, where she says, 'You're not dying; you're just hungry'... Did you ever notice how the kid sets the phone down in the freezer & just leaves it there? Haahaha

by Anonymousreply 21109/03/2012

[quote]A toothpaste commercial where they use a device on 2 people's mouths and the woman yells "GERM PARTY !!"

And I hate the way the woman slaps the guy when his results come out better than hers.

by Anonymousreply 21209/03/2012

The stupid cinnamon toast crunch commercial, mainly because it makes no sense at all! It says "Hey ladies here's something you'll find irresistible!.....Cinnamon toast crunch" And thats it...I'm still confused on why they would be so irresistible to women in general. I don't know, just something about that commercial strikes a nerve. Do they think women are so dumb that if they say "hey ladies". Women will run out to buy?

by Anonymousreply 21309/03/2012

Maybe they can eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch with their Bic for Her.

by Anonymousreply 21409/03/2012

That baconator bitch is the worst. She not only butts in at the yard sale, but apparently stalks the guys to the nearest Wendy's. FREAK.

by Anonymousreply 21509/03/2012

That's Dave Thomas's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 21609/03/2012

I haven't seen most of these commercials, and I don't even use DVR.

by Anonymousreply 21709/03/2012

eldergays watch commercials. not interested.

by Anonymousreply 21809/03/2012

right now, the ads for that 2016 movie. I would have actually been interested in something that presented itself as a balanced critical analysis. But when I see what is basically a Feed the Children ad set to voice over by some guy with Darth Vader undertones, I don't even understand how people can look at or listen to it. And for the freeper trolls, I said the same thing about that dumb as fuck W. movie.

by Anonymousreply 21909/03/2012

I can't relate to this thread because I always mute commercials, I have for as long as I can remember. I still occasionally see them with the volume up, but not often enough for any to irritate me.

by Anonymousreply 22009/03/2012

The young redhead is not the Wendy's daughter, but his real daughter was in several commercials before this irritating kid showed up. The real daughter was heavier and older and a vast improvement over this snotty kid.

I don't get it, r218. You have no interest in this whole topic and yet here you are letting us all know that you have no interest at all. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 22109/03/2012

I hate the one where there's the woman and she comes in and says stuff and then you're like, OK.

by Anonymousreply 22209/03/2012

The woman in the "We Got the Beat" ad, the Progressive ad, making the "yummy squares," et al. played Joyce DeWitt in the TV movie about Three's Company: Melanie Deanne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 22309/03/2012

Yeah, that redhead they got hawking Wendy's Hamburgers these days Is very annoying.

Won't be going there again till they give this smarmy cunt the ole heave-ho.

by Anonymousreply 22409/03/2012

Those Walmart commercials with the guy comparing prices. He just looks like he's on meth or something, unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 22509/03/2012

I hate the songs of so many commercials. The red vines licorice, The Hersheys commercial, stir..stir..stir it up stir...oh my god hurl hurl hurl it up hurl....and then the "oh so bad band" singing about Big O Tires...kill me now :(

by Anonymousreply 22609/03/2012

Ya got an hour, OP???

SO many:

forget the product - toothpaste? the annoying Brit, saying "dirty mouth"? Get ...."(can't remember product, sorry - but could CHOKE her; beYOND annoying)

Almost ANY commercial on the GSN, which I watch way too much (like now; yes, I have NO life!), but especially: any and all hair remover products; the (cell phone?) commercial where people are on a plane and a young guy says, "how did you ever get along before cell phones", and an older guy says, "two tin cans and a string" (oh, and that older guy sounds a LOT like the voice of the dog on "Bush Beans", lol

The recent Capital One with the black bodybuilder; I have never seen anyone that gross looking in my life

Oh, and do infomercials count? ALL of them!

by Anonymousreply 22709/03/2012

r226, the worst jingles, Arby's Good Mood Food and Kit Kat Bars!!!

by Anonymousreply 22809/03/2012

The latest Nutella commerical with the dark haired mom whose dark haired kids look like they could actually be her own. The handsome hubby comes downstairs and at the end, she hands him his Nutella. For some reason I get the vibe they've never fucked.

Jamie Lee's latest Activa with the two puppies and her side long look about making sure they poop when they're on the leash with her.

by Anonymousreply 22909/03/2012

The Audi commercial with the couple imagining being in their car in different vacation spots.

by Anonymousreply 23009/03/2012

I hate the kids in that Motts apple juice commercial. "My mommy gives me things that taste good!"

by Anonymousreply 23109/03/2012

Those Nutella ads irritate me because they try and shell that stuff as a healthier alternative to breakfast. In one of their older ads they even said health food snack. We are really stretching the bounds of the word healthy when Nutella is included in that category. Same thing with that gum brand that keeps calling itself a healthy snack, WTF, it is gum for god's sake.

Can't really stand any ad for Burlington Coat Factory. They are liars as well, by watching those ads you'd think they were the next best thing to Macy's, but really (and I've been to four in my area recently) they are outdated, low on inventory, and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 23209/03/2012

Definitely any Arby's commercial with that washed up looking guy who sings that annoying ass jingle "It's good mood fooood! I think it says something about the 'artery clogging-ness' of the food you serve when all you can say is "Good mood food" Fried butter is also considered good mood food.

by Anonymousreply 23309/05/2012

Tell me! WHERE is the SUN!

by Anonymousreply 23409/05/2012

[quote] the (cell phone?) commercial where people are on a plane and a young guy says, "how did you ever get along before cell phones"

Oh, this piece of fuckery... horrible.

by Anonymousreply 23509/05/2012

Those are not for Audi, R230, they are for pretend luxury cars, Infiniti.

by Anonymousreply 23609/05/2012

I love boy's night out"

In what world would this woman be 'cool?'

by Anonymousreply 23709/05/2012

The online ad for Nissan cars that plays at a much louder volume to get viewrs attention. I HATE THIS AD because it is so disruptive!! They think making the ad play at an annoying louder volume than the program you are already watching will make people pay attention but all it is doing is making me hate Nissan.

by Anonymousreply 23809/06/2012

[quote]Those Nutella ads irritate me because they try and shell that stuff as a healthier alternative to breakfast.

You shell the hazelnuts in Nutella, but you shill the product.

by Anonymousreply 23909/06/2012

Thank you, r239, for correcting politely.

by Anonymousreply 24009/06/2012

Any commercial (show, film, or person) who uses the term mancave!

by Anonymousreply 24109/06/2012

I lunge for the remote to either mute or change the channel when any of the Miller 64 ads air. The Irish singalong is stomach-churning. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 24309/06/2012

The Consumer Cellular phone ad shows up on my tv all the time. "2 tin cans and some string."

by Anonymousreply 24409/06/2012

Anybody else feel offended by the Kellogg's crunchy nuts TV advert featuring a snake that goes underneath the guy's pants? That advert freaks me out and I have to switch channels once it comes on. I strongly believe that ad is offensive enough to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 24609/08/2012

2 commercials we all hate at my house- The Kashi cereal lady who travels the world in search of ingredients for Kashi. She looks like she could bite your head off with those gnashing teeth.

The Angie's List commercial, the black lady with the bob haircut is freaky looking. She reminds me of the sleestack monster that was on an old children's television show called Land of the Lost in the 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 24709/08/2012

I have at least three:

1) The one where Pia Zadora walks into her home holding a bottle of Crest ProHealth, only to find herhusband dead on the couch. Then she shrugs, and the camera pans over to a wolf that belts out "MAN-CHEEEEESE!".

2) The one for consulting firm BDO, where two rich douches talk about some vague business deal at a shipyard. They don't even try to hide their Republican shame.

3) The one where Carnie Wilson is walking up a flight of stairs, and slips on a turtle. A voice-over says, "That's not how you visit Turtle Wax, Timmy".

by Anonymousreply 24809/08/2012

I really hate those last two, R248. The way the guy says "Timmy" really bothers me - his odd Southern accent that makes me want to throw a chair through the television.

I've never seen that first one, though. Is it advertising Crest ProHealth or something else?

by Anonymousreply 24909/08/2012

R247 - thanks for the good laugh about the Kashi commercial - I thought it was just me who thought that !

Just saw a new annoying commercial for where this woman has a mini-me head in her up-do and the mini-head is singing.

by Anonymousreply 25109/08/2012

[quote]The Kashi cereal lady who travels the world in search of ingredients for Kashi. She looks like she could bite your head off with those gnashing teeth

Oh I hate that one too. Her smile looks so forced while she's sampling bark and roots and raving about all natural ingredients. Like Lucy in the Vitameatagegemin commercial. I'll eat my Fruity Pebbles, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 25209/09/2012

I've taken to immediately changing the channel or hitting mute whenever I hear that song in some car commercial that goes "Oh I swear to you/ I'll be there for you". Aaaaah! I can't escape it!

by Anonymousreply 25309/09/2012

I want to punch that frau who kisses the bald man on the head in the Cheerios commericial: "You still have to go to the gym."

by Anonymousreply 25409/10/2012

The Sonic restaurant commercials with the two middle-aged men who sit in a car and blather crazy talk about the food and... other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 25509/12/2012

Now I speak Mandarin!

by Anonymousreply 25609/12/2012

(I like the Sonic guys and the Alec Baldwin credit card commercials)

by Anonymousreply 25709/12/2012

The one with the fat chick that performs in a circus tent and asks for a bottle of Lipton ice tea. No please, no thank you, just "gimme that bottle of HFCS"

by Anonymousreply 25809/12/2012

I like the Alec Baldwin Capital One golf commercial where he has the Alec Jr golf club cover at the end. I want one!

by Anonymousreply 25909/12/2012

The Shit Bears..."We all have to go, at least enjoy it!"

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 26009/12/2012

I'm hating the commercial for the season premiere of "Two Broke Girls". The blonde one says a line that is so stilted and sounds so scripted by some overconfident sitcom writer who thinks he's the next Larry David. She says to a customer at the diner "I'd rather be the owner of a Fortune 500 company instead of serving a toxic man-child like you".

I CRRIIINNNNGGGE when that commercial comes on.

by Anonymousreply 26109/12/2012

That milk commercial where the hispanic woman can't say milk right but says meeeelk. And like the commercial revolves around how cute her spanglish is. Makes me want to beat myself with a green card.

by Anonymousreply 26209/12/2012

Do you mean the Selma Hyack ones? I hate them. She's married to a billionaire and wouldn't be traveling the back roads looking for Milk. And the other one where she is growing up and every time her Mother gives her Milk it's like Mom is having an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 26309/12/2012

[R250]-What hellish channel are you watching! Haha! I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

by Anonymousreply 26409/13/2012

I dont like the chase commercial with the kid who is graduation and he basically asks his grandma where his gift or money is and grandma points to his phone that texts him that there was money wired into his account . then and ONLY then does he smile at her and hugs her

by Anonymousreply 26509/13/2012

I hate any commercial that has the actors yelling for dumb reasons. So the old game fly commercials and the little Cesar's commercials where they yelled pizza! Used to really get on my nerves. The latest one is the pepperidge farms jingo crackers commercials. Uhg they annoy the crap out of me. Oh also one that plays to death on nick at night is the "See Dad Run " premiere commercials if I have to hear that girl say "don't leave us with daaadyyy" I'm gonna scream.

by Anonymousreply 26609/20/2012

I hate, hate, HATE the Orbits commercials. ALL of them. Hate the blonde Brit bitch - obnoxious beyond belief. A recent commercial, there's some gross thing that looks like a burrito that's supposed to actually be a tooth with food caught in it. Gross; I had to change channels. FAST.

by Anonymousreply 26709/20/2012

That car commercial where the little girl is sitting in the car with the family dog and says "Mommy, what is neu-ter-ing?"

I highly suspect this is one of those global ads that are popular because they save the company money. The little girl sound European, but oh well as long as the ad can play in multiple countries I guess, except that girl's pronunciation is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 26809/20/2012

That new redhead in the Wendy's commercial is one of the most annoying actresses to ever grace a commercial. I want all her friends to rebel and pelt her with a bunch of Wendy's singles!

by Anonymousreply 27009/21/2012

Any commercial that starts with, "I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message."

by Anonymousreply 27109/21/2012

The VistaPrint ad with the annoying, twinky, Tintinned energy-bar entrepreneur:

"And my sister was all, OMG, you're, like, professional-looking and stuff! LOLZ!"

by Anonymousreply 27209/21/2012

Speaking of annoying redheads (might be the same one, they all look the same to me). But the girl in that Hyundai ad where she is just SO DECISIVE and then she gets to the dealership and can't figure out which Alauntra to go with.

by Anonymousreply 27309/21/2012

OP, you're so right! I hate that actress; want to shoot her through my tv scene when that commercial comes on.

by Anonymousreply 27409/21/2012

The ladies screaming "NOOOOO!" In the JC Penny's ad.

by Anonymousreply 27509/21/2012

All the Mitt Romney political messages.

by Anonymousreply 27609/21/2012

The latest Activia commercial where they talk about "slow intestinal transit."

by Anonymousreply 27709/22/2012

The E-Trade baby commercial where the toddler is in the hospital nursery saying he's "Speed dating."

by Anonymousreply 27809/22/2012

The annoying actress with the British accent in the Droid commercial who says "Launch cab for me". Are you so damn lazy you can't raise your hand and hail one?

by Anonymousreply 27909/22/2012

The burger king salad wrap with the transgender. It looks like Hillary Swank with man hands.

by Anonymousreply 28009/25/2012

I hate the Ford Fusion commerical with that swarmy ginger haired guy saying he traded his Lexus for a Ford Fusion. Then he says it can do everything and he asks his car to "find me a Hot chick....Hey..its working!"

by Anonymousreply 28109/30/2012

The toilet paper commercial with the bears where Mama Bear is sorting the laundry and is shocked when she holds up a pair of her son's underwear. I'm assuming that the ad is implying he doesn't wipe properly and left skid marks (either that or Mama Bear just discovered a nacreous layer of cum). Making the commercial even worse is when Mama and Son Bear walk into the living room where Papa is bent over and they can see his ass.

by Anonymousreply 28209/30/2012

That fucking car commercial with the whining salesman. I have no idea what brand of car they're trying to sell because I change the channel as quickly as possible when I hear the first whine. Horrid!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28309/30/2012

The commercial where people are picking up conch shells because it's "the sea calling."

It's for a cruise line and it is both stupid and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 28409/30/2012

Sofia Vergara's Kmart commercials. No offense to those who shop there, but who does she think she is selling 70 dollar dresses at kmart! Fuck OFF.

by Anonymousreply 28509/30/2012

ADLAC and the Progressive Insurance commercial. Hate. Them.

Has anyone seen Giada De Laurentis advertising hair dye? She has now become a Beauty celebrity. I think she has a future if they file her teeth down about four inches.

by Anonymousreply 28609/30/2012

I meant AFLAC. God, I hate that commercial!

by Anonymousreply 28709/30/2012

The Marshall's lady on the fashion bus tour. The tone of her voice could make my head explode.

by Anonymousreply 28809/30/2012

John Mayer would prefer that her teeth be completely removed, r286.

by Anonymousreply 28909/30/2012

R287 -- Which AFLAC commercial?!

There are like, 100 of them!

by Anonymousreply 29009/30/2012

[R52] yes the fucking Angie's List commercials. I hate that Frau haircut on that woman and all women. It makes me puke. I actually used it and I'm inundated with emails and phone calls. And the contractor sucked ass.

by Anonymousreply 29109/30/2012

There's an obnoxious one for V8 juice, with the guy hooked up to testing equipment and describing the tastes and sensations he's having while drinking the V8.

The guy acts schizo, making loud noises and being goofy.

by Anonymousreply 29210/01/2012

I like that one, R292! Funny, with a can't take your eyes away, style.

by Anonymousreply 29310/01/2012

The one for a cleaning supply where the Mother stands by and smiles broadly as two kids make a mess making sandwiches with Jelly and Ketchup and other crap.

by Anonymousreply 29410/01/2012

Someone mentioned this, but the ice tea commercial with Lady Antebellum where they drink the stuff and get magically filled with light is so phenomenally stupid that I can't believe the concept wasn't tossed out at the ad agency and the originator fired, much less actually get produced and aired.

by Anonymousreply 29510/01/2012

Coke Zero commercial with Ken Jeong. Using the word "or" in place of the word "war" what is it good for...

Contrived, not funny at all.

Which Coke employee gave the stamp of approval for this ad campaign? I love Coke Zero but have stopped drinking it until this commercial runs its course. Please let it be soon.

by Anonymousreply 29610/03/2012

I'd heard of Lady Antebellum but wasn't familiar with their music. Those Iced Tea commercials are so cheesy how can they have any fans? "Oh it's never felt so it's never felt so right!" Ugh, contemporary country music really sucks if this is what's considered quality or popular.

by Anonymousreply 29710/03/2012

Do Charmin bears shit in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 29810/03/2012

I absolutely hate those annoying Sun Drop commercials where the "hip" white girl thinks she's dancing, while Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot" plays in the background.

I hate any and all KIA commercials with those damn rats. Why does Kia think that a huge rat will inspire me to buy one of their cars?

Any household cleaning ad that ends with "An SC Johnson Family Company". Why do I need to know this?

by Anonymousreply 29910/04/2012

"Has anyone seen Giada De Laurentis advertising hair dye? She has now become a Beauty celebrity. I think she has a future if they file her teeth down about four inches."

The first thing I'd ever noticed about this woman was her weird bird-like nose and the huge head on a tiny body, she's so bizarre looking, she's really out of proportion.

I don't get the John Mayer reference, has he fucked her too? He sure gets a round for a so-so musician.

When did he start hooking up with all these famous women? When he first hit the music scene there was nothing about him being involved with well known actresses or any other famous women. I don't see his appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 30010/04/2012

The Korean Air commercial with the 50-foot-tall tranny-like stewardesses sashaying in their hooker heels.

by Anonymousreply 30110/04/2012

Dish Satelite....stupid guy telling thousand times..."because if you are me..." So lame.

by Anonymousreply 30210/06/2012

That one about the President and the way that he and the other one with that guy who thinks he won't break but at least he left with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 30410/06/2012

I love commercials, whoever doesn't like them should stop watching TV of use a DVR.

Fucking idiots the whole lot of ya!

by Anonymousreply 30510/06/2012

"Buzzzing! I love boys night out..."

"I'm so in love with you right now"*

by Anonymousreply 30710/06/2012

[quote]The commercial where people are picking up conch shells because it's "the sea calling."

The worst part is when this retarded woman says "Is this for real?"

Yes, yes, it's for real. The sea is really calling you, you dumbass. It's Ariel.

by Anonymousreply 30810/06/2012

Haverty's furniture commercial with that idiot woman talking about her "settee." Barf.

by Anonymousreply 30910/07/2012

Proactiv; stuff run repeatedly with Anthony Sullivan in it--"Edge of Glory"; Strutz. Anthony Sullivan would probably be a good fuck and is cute for an English guy but after seeing the Edge of Glory I want to throttle him.

by Anonymousreply 31010/07/2012

The Geico commercials with those idiots playing a mandolin and guitar. Well, the bodybuilder one was funny, but the rest are idiotic.

Flo. Needs to go. I'm sick of that ho. Fo sho.

With Christmas approaching, I am dreading the return of those abysmal Hyundai commercials with those annoying hipsters ruining holiday songs. If they bring them back, I WILL torch a Hyundai dealership each day until the ads stop.

by Anonymousreply 31110/07/2012

Flo with the red, red lipstick in the surreal Progressiveland. Joe Theismann telling about his wonky prostate.

by Anonymousreply 31210/07/2012

^ A DataLounger claims to have sucked off Joe Theismann back in the day, when his prostate was in its prime.

by Anonymousreply 31310/07/2012

The supposedly "bad-ass" (rolling my eyes) T-mobile commercials. Please make it stop.

Oh, and every time "This is a pair of Levi's" comes on, I can't concentrate on anything. Which, would be a good thing, if they didn't play it everywhere. It's like a horrible frequency that makes me tick.

by Anonymousreply 31410/11/2012

"I'm Bonnie and this is MY CVS!"

I so wish someone would stick their leg out and trip that annoying old biddy right off of her Segay

by Anonymousreply 31510/11/2012

Digga digga digga digga digga digga digga digga Twenty-First!

by Anonymousreply 31610/11/2012

eBay has the worst commercials showing the most annoying people. Is this the type of people they're saying uses their site? The one in the nail salon where all the women talk like retarded vocal fry braindead idiots is painful to watch. They talking about celebrities and being airheads. The new one about the dog who tears up a red dress features the same type of women with the same annoying voice. It makes me want to disassociate with eBay because I don't think I'm like those people.

by Anonymousreply 31710/12/2012

That one with the crazy guy wired up to a machine screaming about his feelings.

No idea what it's for, some fruit juice? and it'd make me not buy the product anyway.

by Anonymousreply 31810/12/2012

All of the political ads - here are way too many

by Anonymousreply 31910/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 32010/12/2012

The "boring" guy Citibank commercials.

by Anonymousreply 32110/12/2012

Kellogg's new ad for Crunchy Nut cereal, where a woman is handed a bowl to try then smiles this horribly gummy closed-mouth grin. She's creepy, just like the black guy who was in their other commercial.

by Anonymousreply 32210/12/2012

[quote]The "boring" guy Citibank commercials.

Bad commercial, but that guy is so, so cute.

by Anonymousreply 32310/12/2012

Yikes R322. That chicks teeth descend almost like the creature in Alien.

by Anonymousreply 32410/12/2012

Said it before, but bears repeating: ALL those fucking Orbit commercials! Gross! Kill that blond Brit bitch already!

Also: commercials with tag " happy as..." examples: Gallagher in a watermelon patch; a witch in a broom factory, and others.

Loud, hyper and obnoxious!!

by Anonymousreply 32510/12/2012

Now I speak Mandarin!

by Anonymousreply 32610/12/2012

The Hopper, or Hoppuh. Also Kashi. I never can even make out what that chick says on her first line.

by Anonymousreply 32710/14/2012

[quote]The "boring" guy Citibank commercials.

I can't tell if this guy is young or old. In some shots, he's so old, but when he's smiling at Alicia with those dimples, he looks so young.

But he's pathetic. He's going to concerts and all these things ALONE and he thinks he's friends with Alicia Keys, Giada, Marilyn. He would be laughed at when he tells his date this.

by Anonymousreply 32810/14/2012

Every year -- from September to February -- those health insurance ads.

All of them. Every single one I hate.

by Anonymousreply 32910/14/2012

Those "rollicking" Miller's 64 ads mentioned up thread. Also, any ad with folksy guitar and mandolin music. In particular, that Bing ad with that gangly fuck exploring Hawaii to the putrid "Ho, Hey" song.

by Anonymousreply 33010/14/2012

The latest ad with the Charmin toilet paper bears hit a new low.

It shows the mother bear sorting laundry and she holds up the underpants of the child bear. As she starts to fold them, she glances inside and makes a face. It's implied that she sees skidmarks. Gah!

by Anonymousreply 33110/18/2012

R331. Either skidmarks or a nacreous layer of cum (R282)

by Anonymousreply 33310/18/2012

The Allstate commercial where the second guy sings "I have so-and-so insurance so person come help" and then the old lady shows. "Six callers ahead of us, Jimmy!" The woman has one of the most annoying voices ever.

by Anonymousreply 33410/18/2012

Are we in London?

No, you stupid bitch. We're in a Farmer's Market.

But my credit is.

Welcome back. How was London?

by Anonymousreply 33510/19/2012

The one for coffee creamer where a cop stops a woman in her car, he asks her for ID, and she hands him a container of the product instead. A cup of hot coffee magically appears in his hand and the product deliciously pours in.

The females manic attitude toward flavored milk substitute is unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 33610/19/2012

All the commercials that sing using the words oh, such as

by Anonymousreply 33710/23/2012

Liberator Medical catheter commercials.

by Anonymousreply 33810/23/2012

i hate progressive commercial with the stupid vibe phone, it gets in my nervs! stupid.

by Anonymousreply 33910/29/2012

"The Angie's List commercial, the black lady with the bob haircut is freaky looking. She reminds me of the sleestack monster that was on an old children's television show called Land of the Lost in the 1970's"

She reminds me of Josephine Baker.

I hate the commercial for Xfinity (I think, it's for internet) and this yuppie is telling a group of people that Xfinity won't raise the cost of internet for five years. Some dweeb stands up and exclaims "Five years?!" and the asshole yuppy responds,

"'t...go....up...for..5 years"

Like the dweeb's disbelief is some kind of intellectual defect.

by Anonymousreply 34010/29/2012

The T-Mobile commercial with the girl on the motorcycle going to major cities and saying them in a deadpan voice: "one, two, Kalamazoo. Three, four, Jersey Shore..." shut the hell up!

The Fiber One cereal commercial where the woman pulls up next to the fiber one truck and asks, "there's no way it's only 80 calories...right? I mean there's no way, right? Right? There's no way.." shut the hell up!

And any 21st Century commercial...the stupid jingle "Digga digga diggah diggah twenty first!" Shut the hell up!

by Anonymousreply 34111/02/2012

My God, that Rosetta Stone commercial is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 34211/02/2012

There's one running for Kohl's that features clothes by Narciso Rodriguez. I hate it cause the models are outrageously thin and anorexic; the designer dresses cannot disguise it.

I feel rage for the whole modeling organization that fuels the need for such dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 34411/03/2012

The Debbie Boone (WEHT?) commercial for "Lifestyle Lift."

Flo: TOO much now.

The "Happy as as Witch in a Broom Factory" - dear GOD, the actress' voice, shreeking, laughing - BEYOND hideous.

The Nutrisystem with the black actress - Keisha or what-the-fuck-ever- SHE's annoying, her dancing around is hideous; the ad copy is SO fake - HATE HATE HATE.

Oh, and ALL the hair remover ads, especially "No-No" - gross and idiotic (oh, and doesn't work!)

by Anonymousreply 34511/03/2012

The cherrios commercial "the one and only cherrios" is really bad. It doesn't resonate at all. General Mills got ropped off on that one. Not creative and too simple.

by Anonymousreply 34611/05/2012

One, two Kalamazoo motorcycle chick needs to wipe out permanently.

by Anonymousreply 34711/06/2012

I wish I had a band so I could name it "Transvaginal Surgical Mesh" after the commercial that runs nonstop in the daytime.

by Anonymousreply 34811/08/2012

All of the animal abuse commercials. They are so exploitive.

by Anonymousreply 34911/08/2012

Oh God - just saw the first of the million Hess Truck holiday commercials that will air until Dec. 24.

by Anonymousreply 35011/09/2012

The Trace Adkins commercial for wounded veterans. That fucking, auto-tuned song burns like a buzz saw into my head: "Saaaaay a prayerrrrr for peace!"

Why do modern country singers all sound like screeching violins? Trace Adkins has a nice speaking voice, I would assume he could do a good why do they layer those vocals to sound like someone cutting a sheet of tin?

by Anonymousreply 35111/10/2012

I have tried and tried to make sense of it but that Clay Matthews ad for Zaxby's is bizarre. A fellow player slaps his butt, he's fine with it, another slap and he's pissed and helmet off reveals, who knew, it's a GIRL! Who seems suddenly shocked at where she is and that it is Clay Matthews whose butt she slapped though she can see him clear as day through helmet. Then he gives her that weird prom queen wave, like Tracy Turnblad in "Hairspray", all bent fingers and a woosy "Hey..." and offers her chicken. No registering it's a hot girl so what's the point?

It feels like it not only didn't have a writer, it didn't even have a typist. And someone got PAID for this?

by Anonymousreply 35211/10/2012

The commercial for the Microsoft Slate or whatever it's tablet is called. All the people dancing around clicking the keyboard trying to be cool and they're just...not. All I get from the ad is that there is an attachable keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 35311/11/2012

Any commercial which used "crazy" as a modifier -- "This cereal is crazy good!", "That hair product is crazy gorgeous". I may be an eldergay but do people actually talk like that?

by Anonymousreply 35411/11/2012

the Progressive ad with Flo and the boys aiming their price guns as if they are gangstas gettin ready to pop a cap in someone's ass. VERY offensive. I am sick of Flo, let her go, get some goddam sense, ya know? Progressive has a history of bad ads, and I am stunned anyone buys insurance from them.

by Anonymousreply 35511/14/2012

The kind of trashy looking woman wearing a one shoulder kind of blouse promoting Vagisil yeast infection cure.

by Anonymousreply 35611/14/2012

the kids washing the dad's car with the windows open, and using toothpaste to clean the inside knobs. OH. MY. GOD. just to watch it pisses me off. i know, issues.

but the thing that really gets me is the understanding dad. um, no. impossible. nobody would shrug and fuck their car up more, in the hopes that the kids don't get a complex because they got yelled at.

eh, maybe that's how parents do it now. i would have been smacked but good.

by Anonymousreply 35711/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 35811/14/2012

Two words:

by Anonymousreply 35911/15/2012

[quote]All I get from the ad is that there is an attachable keyboard.

Then mission accomplished. That was the differentiating factor that they wanted you to get.

by Anonymousreply 36011/15/2012

The kid's tablet commercial with a horror of a girl yelling about ebooks, "my favorite! And WiFi!"

Dad: WiFi?

Mom: Don't worry. It's safe.

Girl: And hundreds of games. Count them!!!

by Anonymousreply 36111/15/2012

That commercial for AT&T featuring career day and that snot nosed little bitch harassing the cable dude guest speaker. Her snotty bitch mother taught her all about U-Verse but apparently forgot to teach the little test any manners. Fuck AT&T. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 36211/16/2012

People still watch commercials?

by Anonymousreply 36311/16/2012

The Target Black Friday ad

by Anonymousreply 36411/16/2012

Agree with R362. They also forget that the cable man they are humiliating probably has a son in the room since that's what Career Day was usually about. In any case, it's ugly. But the perfect tone for AT&T.

by Anonymousreply 36511/16/2012

The latest string of DirectTv ads with the "DVR is full" sign interfering with their lives. Put simply, the Dad is being depicted as a complete ass.

by Anonymousreply 36611/17/2012

Eggland's Best Eggs - It's EB !!!!

by Anonymousreply 36711/17/2012

KMART!!!!!!!!! What ever the fuck the noise is that is supposed to be background sounds or music is why mute buttons were invented.

by Anonymousreply 36811/17/2012

Horror: the Southern Comfort commercial with the fat guy in a bathing suit walking on the beach. What on earth were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 36911/17/2012

[quote]The latest string of DirectTv ads with the "DVR is full" sign interfering with their lives. Put simply, the Dad is being depicted as a complete ass.

Isn't the dad the same guy as the United Club Passes guy and the Electolux mole sauce guy?

by Anonymousreply 37011/17/2012

The Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie commercial where the father and son are hiding behind a plant with colanders on their heads until they think the mom has left the room. Then they pounce on the cookies. This commercial is wrong on many levels...

by Anonymousreply 37111/18/2012

Any and all Christmas car commercials.

by Anonymousreply 37211/18/2012

The commercial where the dad keeps saying "Don't tell Mom." Then the mom skydives and says "Don't tell Dad." Any relationship with that many secrets and distrust is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 37311/19/2012

Most liquor ads.

Any corona ad.

Any bud light ad, but especially the one where they have to all turn their labels out so their team makes the field goal. I want to kick in the smug face of that asshat bald guy with the pointy chin.

Christmas ads can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 37411/19/2012

verizon nfl mobile ads

by Anonymousreply 37511/19/2012

The stupid Tums commercial with the slice of pizza slapping the guy in the face. Make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 37611/20/2012

THE effin idiot whose got COMFORTABLE CATHETERS...what a creeepy creeep...

and DOUG....and i have meetho cheezee what ever ionia..

get a shave...and shut up....

by Anonymousreply 37711/21/2012

All those creepy frosted mini-bites that eat each other.

by Anonymousreply 37811/21/2012

The one with that stupid PIG saying "Weeeee" I have to hit mute.

by Anonymousreply 37911/22/2012

R379 lives in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 38011/22/2012

That crazy K Mart black friday commercial: "the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights..."

Fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 38111/22/2012

I hate the geico commercial because I hate damn lizard....

by Anonymousreply 38211/22/2012

The Folgers Peter Comes Home commercial. I can't stand all the flirting and longing glances the brother and sister give each other as she sticks the bow on his chest. "You're my present this year." Get a room already! Preferably in South Africa!

by Anonymousreply 38311/22/2012

That Target dog running through a miniature Christmas town.

The commercial where a douche puts a blonde wig on a screeching bald eagle.

by Anonymousreply 38411/22/2012

This time of year (pre-Christmas), I loathe all the end-of-the-year sales for luxury automobiles. The commercial I loathe the most is the car commercial where the first neighbor throws the snowball at the second neighbor, followed by a large snowball going down hill. How is that snowball is supposed to get me to buy a luxury automobile is beyond my reasoning

by Anonymousreply 38511/22/2012

The ridiculous "Quadra-corn" commercials.

by Anonymousreply 38611/22/2012

Yeah I think causing an avalanche is a very serious sort of felony.

by Anonymousreply 38711/24/2012

The Sleepy's commercial with the terrible cover of the Beatles song "In My Life"

by Anonymousreply 38811/24/2012

Those stupid John Hancock commercials. Stick the money in the mattress hurrrrr.

by Anonymousreply 38911/24/2012

Oh noes, they updated the Pillsbury Crescent rolls commercial with the hot brothers comparing penis sizes. "That's not half. Yours is bigger than mine. Mom, get the ruler." Now they replaced the brothers with 2 redheads with one of them being much much younger.

by Anonymousreply 39011/25/2012

WTF is wrong with you r391? You shouldn't be allowed to use the computers at the mental hospital. Go ask the nurses to put you back in your straightjacket.

by Anonymousreply 39311/26/2012

r391, genius, classic even

by Anonymousreply 39411/26/2012

Volvo little red riding hood. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 39511/26/2012

I don't know what the commercial is for (that's how lame it is) but the one with the woman at the register who gets a discount and yells out "I woooon" in that awful guttural voice.

by Anonymousreply 39611/26/2012

The ones for those janky penny-auction sites (Quibids, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 39711/26/2012

The KFC add with two women "cackling" with each other until the man sitting between them gives them a piece of chicken. Because reinforcing negative stereotypes of women is great for business I suppose... :/

by Anonymousreply 39811/27/2012

People yelling "Jingos!" I refuse to buy them because of how annoying this is.

by Anonymousreply 39911/27/2012

Those Radio Shack commercials with Howie Long and Teri Hatcher. I didn't even know Radio Shack was still open. Who the fuck shops there anymore?

by Anonymousreply 40011/27/2012

How about the woman who advertises Kaschi on TV?  Her parents and the education system failed miserably to teach her how to use her lips and tongue instead of her teeth to make consonant sounds.  I never understood why they would allow someone with such an awful speech impediment on TV.  They even have speech therapy teachers who have speech impediments!!!  How encouraging is THAT to young kids who are struggling to speak like adults?

by Anonymousreply 40111/27/2012

The commercial with LeBron James where he goes in to the barber shop asking for a great haircut and when he takes off his cap, he looks like he got his haircut the day before!

by Anonymousreply 40211/27/2012

those AT&T uverse kids saying "back in my day, we didn't have that"

i mean, YES it was clever at first, but now they're just driving it into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 40312/01/2012

I seem to be in the minority, but my favorite annoying commercial is NurtiSystem's "Keishia" commercial. Can NOT stand the silly dancing either. And, as an aside, I think she looked much hotter in the "before" picture.

by Anonymousreply 40412/04/2012

The NutriSystem commercial with that annoying little twit KEISHA who dances in the skin tight red dress. I could scream when I see her '"look at me" moves.

by Anonymousreply 40512/04/2012

PCMATIC.COM commercial with that appalling blonde teen brat who is ticked her computer is slow and expects her stupid father to "just go to the store and buy a new one." It's a perfect commentary on our spoiled rotten culture. DUH.

by Anonymousreply 40612/04/2012

All of the Allstate commercials -- the internet/French model one, the ones where the people "sing" the jingle and then the other person "sings" their version.

by Anonymousreply 40712/04/2012

Happy Princess Wonderland.

by Anonymousreply 40812/04/2012

WTF is with those home-wrecking Ashley Madison ads with the GIANT MOUTHS!? Are they sporting "shit eating grins" because they are adulterers?

by Anonymousreply 40912/04/2012

The one with some basketball player asking his kid what's so funny. The kid had secretly taken a photo of his father and drew red clown hair. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 41112/05/2012

"Lights" Kmart Xmas commercial.

They've lost me as even an infrequent. shopper there a result of that torturous ad.

by Anonymousreply 41212/05/2012

The Humana care coverage commercials where the guy explains with cheese....

by Anonymousreply 41312/05/2012

I hate the Kashi hippies who say "fud" for "food."

by Anonymousreply 41412/05/2012

The Honda commercial with Jason volunteering to help Santa deliver toys and ending up in restraints and gagged with Santa snapping a whip and telling him to stop complaining 'you asked for it'. This is appropriate for Christmas viewing. It makes me cringe every time I see it. Just slightly worse than the elf smashing the candy cane into shards as a weapon to fight a salesman whoe job it is to be helpful. What on earth is Honda thinking?

by Anonymousreply 41512/06/2012

"Get your sweater on! Get your sweater on..."

by Anonymousreply 41612/06/2012

The Ashley Madison ads with the freakish Black Dahlia grinning adulterers. I have to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 41712/07/2012

In Southern California: I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!!!! the series of commercials for FORD featuring that stuck up pretentious couple with their ugly baby. Included in what I hate is that in the first commercial for the FORD EDGE, the young (ditzy) wife says: "we named it EDGE"....!! HOW CREATIVE OF YOU EINSTEIN!! Hmmmm... I think I'll name my CAMARO...hmmmm, lets see... how 'bout...CAMARO?? DUHHHHHH! UHHHH! HATE THEM, HATE THOSE COMMERICIALS!!!

by Anonymousreply 41812/07/2012

The Smirnoff flavored-vodka commercial with the crypto-bisexual strumpet.

by Anonymousreply 41912/07/2012

Apple commercials

by Anonymousreply 42012/08/2012

The commercial with an offscreen British sounding vocalist singing the line. "the lights, the lights" over and over again. I have no idea what it's for, it's so damn annoying I always leave the room.

The Allstate commercial with the dumb woman telling her male neighbor that the big lumbering ugly idiot walking towards her is a "French model", is just plain ridiculous.

The Macy's commercials would be OK if they didn't feature Donald Trump and Justine Beeber.

by Anonymousreply 42112/08/2012

The scotch, or whiskey, commercial with the British actress, who played Basquiat's girlfriend, I never remember her name, it's Italian sounding, in some factory pouring the alcohol and then she's psychotically laughing at the end of the ad. WTF?

Do the ad agency people get stoned or drunk to come up with this shit? Maybe acid is in again?!

by Anonymousreply 42212/08/2012

r422, I think it's Claire Forlani in that commercial. I guess she needed the work.

The commercial I'm hating right now? Thelightsthelightsthatlightthelightsthelightsthelightsthatlightthelights.

by Anonymousreply 42312/08/2012

"Are you thirsty, Angus..."

Who the frig is Angus?

by Anonymousreply 42412/08/2012

"Are you thirsty, Angus..."

Who the frig is Angus?

Exactly, because all I noticed were two or three women leaving her factory setting!

That silly Dragon software commercial is also super annoying Here is yet another piece of shit item we really don't need. Voice activated software, so we don't have to type, aren't people lazy enough?

Pretty soon they'll be software to wipe our asses!

by Anonymousreply 42512/09/2012

Have probably posted this before, but it bears repeating: that hideous shrieking actress in the Geico commercial about, "happier than a witch in a broom factory." She. Must. Be. Stopped. Now. Worse than fingernails on blackboards.

by Anonymousreply 42612/09/2012

LOL at those who have mentioned the Kashi lady. My father says, you'd think they would have fixed her teeth.

For me it is the Healthy Choice ads, usually appearing during Top Chef.

"I always thought I hated the sound of childrens' laughter, when all along I was just hungry." (Or something like that.)

I can't figure out if it is meant to be comedic or serious, but the lady in it looks like she is about to burst into tears. I don't get it. The one with the man is equally weird.

by Anonymousreply 42712/09/2012

LOL, State Farm will be so disappointed to know you are confusing them with Allstate.

The annoying people singing the jingle and that ugly-ass "French" dude are State Farm commercials.

Claire Forlani looks good. Isn't she Irish in real life? It seems like the thing a drunk, crazy Irishwoman would do: mutter, nonsensical things to an empty room.

by Anonymousreply 42812/10/2012

R425 sounds old. Get off my lawn!

by Anonymousreply 42912/10/2012

[quote]That silly Dragon software commercial is also super annoying Here is yet another piece of shit item we really don't need. Voice activated software, so we don't have to type, aren't people lazy enough?

Furthermore, don't modern versions of Windows and OS X have voice recognition accessibility settings built in?

by Anonymousreply 43012/10/2012

[quote]Claire Forlani looks good. Isn't she Irish in real life?

No, she's from London. I think her character is the booze ad is meant to be Scottish, hence the accent (which sounds better than her American accent). She does look amazing, but wow, what a bizarre ad campaign.

by Anonymousreply 43112/10/2012

This is the Sea calling

by Anonymousreply 43212/10/2012

The worst part of the This is the Sea calling commercial is that a woman actually says, "Really? The Sea? Is this for real?"

Yes, woman, it's for real. The sea is really calling you. It's a collect call from Ariel. Is she retarded or what?

by Anonymousreply 43312/10/2012

The Proactive commercial with the blond speaking in little girl voice. Thought this had gone away but it's back. She's a stylist to the stars or something and says in little girl voice:

'and you can now wear a little dress with spaghetti straps and fell really pretty!"

by Anonymousreply 43412/10/2012

Microsoft Surface with the hip-hop dancing girls in schoolgirl plaid.

by Anonymousreply 43512/10/2012

Some study came out recently and said the Direct TV commercials are some of the most hated.

That guy furiously brushing his teeth is hysterical!!

I can't believe people hate it!

"At least somebody gets to" I laugh every time I see it.

by Anonymousreply 43612/10/2012

The lights, the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights, the lights.....JCP Christmas ad. They have been trying to emulate Target ads for a while now. They are failing miserably. And making my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 43712/10/2012

I stand corrected. The ad with the annoying jingle is Kmart. Not JCP. Fuck em both.

by Anonymousreply 43812/10/2012

The entire Radio Shack campaign with the fake Christmas morning candid vids. Especially the one with the SCREECHING tween and her new cell phone.

And you can add the Fathead commercial with the little shit having an emotional shutdown because his parents put a giant ass monster truck decal on his bedroom wall.

Honorable mention... the Lipozene commercial with that God awful "luuooookaachyooo!" woman.

by Anonymousreply 43912/10/2012

The woman at the zoo taking a cell phone photo of her check to send to her bank, then her stupid kid thinks the same thing will happen if the mom takes a photo of the lion, the lion will end up at the bank too!

The kid actress is so unconvincing, before she stops her mom from taking a photo of the lion, saying "No mommy, no!!"...the kid has a smile on her face and almost laughs.

The director didn't catch that? No one saw this while editing the commercial? Or perhaps the kid was so bad, they had already done 50+ takes and just gave up?!!

by Anonymousreply 44012/11/2012

Agree the Radio Shack commercials are terrible. They need to get rid of Teri Hatcher.

by Anonymousreply 44112/12/2012

Any commercial that is 50% loder than the show you were watching but they say that the commercial is no louder than the lodest point in the tv show.

The trogan twister commercial, I really don't care what you do in bed. ';

Any eating commercial or pill taking commercial where they have to attenuate the throat noise for swallowing.

Any commercial that constantly repeats the same noise, word, sound over and over again.'

Finally any commercial that is not real. I got a Fidelity IRA account but no green line appeared. I hate fake stuff.

Scam commrcial stealling old peoples money lead by Robert Wagner, A former congressman and actor, Henry Winkler, I have checked and these reverse mortgage companies have ripped off a lot of people. The companies that steal annuities by getting underage or addicted people to sell them 1 or 2 million dollar annuities foe 150K and when They sober up they realize they got scammmed, maybe there was a good reason they had a monthly annuity in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 44212/19/2012

The one with that queen spazzing out at a fashion show. And then the two guitar-playing guys say that Geico customers are happier than a gay at Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 44312/20/2012

Those obnoxious fucking middle-aged Indians doing Vonage commercials. The man talking about how he's his old mother's favorite, and worse, the woman singing. Hideous. Shoot them both.

by Anonymousreply 44412/21/2012

okay, it's a worth cause, and I may rot in hell, BUT: the St. Jude's commercial showing kids who have cancer - there's some fucking obnoxious-beyond-belief humming in it. Some woman; maybe I should know who it is? - but just OBNOXIOUS. MAKE. HER. STOP.

by Anonymousreply 44512/21/2012

I kinda like that commerical....I always picture the lion saying " I'd like a couple of rolls of quarters please."

I don't know why.....I just do.

by Anonymousreply 44612/21/2012

This new iPad commercial with the girl singing "I'll be home for Christmas" to her grandfather while playing a ukelele is driving me up a fucking wall.

by Anonymousreply 44712/21/2012

Oh Sweet Lord the detective going through the drive-thru with a meat slicer he gives to the woman at the window. If I see it one more time, I'm going to call Arby's Corporate and tell them I wish IRS audits upon them all.

by Anonymousreply 44812/21/2012

The Directv commercials with the couple who bicker over the amount of space on their dvr recorder. They are obviously full of hate towards each other and headed for a divorce but blame the recorder for their problems.

by Anonymousreply 44912/21/2012

Twix commercial which consists of people crunching to music. I hate it! I mute it so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 45012/21/2012

The McDonalds commercial with the entitled whiny hipster in a hotel room talking to the front desk: “But you saaaaaaid anything you could do to make my morning better...”

The concierge's subtle eye roll is worth an award.

by Anonymousreply 45112/21/2012

The commercial with those exploding dogs. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 45212/22/2012

[quote]Twix commercial which consists of people crunching to music. I hate it! I mute it so quickly.

Are you sure it was Twix? I think that's a Snicker's commercial. The CRUNCH that satisfies.

by Anonymousreply 45312/22/2012

There's one with John Turturro for the NBA. He's dressed in a hoodie, doing graffiti and speaking with a faux black 'accent'. I'm embarrassed for him.

All Dulcolax ads, which has the line "for when it's hard or hurts to go to the bathroom". Also, the words 'stool softener'.

by Anonymousreply 45412/27/2012

-The Ferraro Rocher commercial (I just hate that song they play). -Ask your doctor about Restatis. -Any Jamie Lee Curtis about bowel movements and/or eating yogurt to improve quality and frequency of bowel movements.

by Anonymousreply 45512/27/2012

Six callers ahead of us, Jimmy!

by Anonymousreply 45612/29/2012

R441, those commercials haven't aired for ten years.

by Anonymousreply 45712/29/2012

The Hover-round commercial where the black guy sings the jingle at he end. The scene of he and his buddy, both in hover-rounds 3 feet from the edge of a 500 ft deep canyon is a bit disconcerting. I always think of Thelma and Louise...

by Anonymousreply 45812/30/2012

The Cosmopolitan Hotel ad where four hipsters speak to each other completely in "Bohemian Rhapsody" lyrics. I guess they're supposed to be vying for the attention of the sexy blonde girl sitting at the bar, but I have a feeling none of them have the slightest interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 45912/30/2012

The one where a Santa slides down a bannister at a party and the two smug, glib guys with phones take video of it.

by Anonymousreply 46012/30/2012

Cartoon of two cats wanting a new home. It is played all the time on MSNBC and CNBC. It is a for some pet project. Kill the voice over lady!

by Anonymousreply 46212/30/2012

[quote]The one where a Santa slides down a bannister at a party and the two smug, glib guys with phones take video of it.

Is one of the guys the same guy as the United Club Passes guy. Did he dye his hair blond??

by Anonymousreply 46312/30/2012

Havertys commercials are ridiculous and would keep me from buying furniture in that store. I don't get it - why would these commercials help to see their furniture? I turn the channel everytime they come on.

by Anonymousreply 46401/04/2013

[quote]Twix commercial which consists of people crunching to music. I hate it! I mute it so quickly.

[quote]Are you sure it was Twix? I think that's a Snicker's commercial. The CRUNCH that satisfies.

Y'all! It's a Kit Kat commercial. The annoying crunching is in time with the lyrics to the Kit Kat jingle "Give me a break, give me break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar."

Snickers bars don't crunch.

by Anonymousreply 46501/04/2013

Here's the guy you mentioned in the United Club Passes spot.

He's also in a Subaru commercial (loses his sunglasses; finds them on his head) as well as the Samsung phone spot.

Handsome guy -- my type!

by Anonymousreply 46601/04/2013

There's a new one for Progressive with Flo confronted by a heavy-set black woman. The woman comes on very aggressive at first, like she wants to fight. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 46701/04/2013

Are you a black woman, R467?

If not, shut the fuck up 'fore ah knock a knot on your head down to the white meat!

by Anonymousreply 46801/04/2013

I'm in NY and there's an ad for this new community/village called "Jackson 21". It's a combo of stores, restaurants, apartments.

The ad's pitchman looks like he should be in a hospice. He's 75-ish, with white wispy hair, age spots everywhere. He ends the commercial saying "if you're not a nice person, don't call for info".

by Anonymousreply 46901/04/2013

The ASPCA, they are making me hate animals they are on so much.

by Anonymousreply 47001/04/2013

The diaper pull-up commercial where the mother and father, the neighborhood, a traveling circus and many more celebrate some kid's first flush.

by Anonymousreply 47101/04/2013

St Jude's Hospital, with the fucking HUMMING! MAKE IT STOP! The pix of sick kids are very moving but whoever the fuck that singer is who is humming (if it's someone famous, excuse my ignorance) is BEYOND ANNOYING! If I were a multi-millionaire, I wouldn't give them SHIT because of this beyond-obnoxious commercial. I even feel like writing the organization a letter about this.

by Anonymousreply 47201/04/2013

THe Time-Warner commercial, playing a lot over the holidays, where a young guy - looks a teensy bit like James Franco - is on his way home for Xmas or whatever; family is all around; they look like Dago delights.

by Anonymousreply 47301/04/2013

R467 I agree.

Not very progressive for "Progressive."

by Anonymousreply 47401/04/2013 commercials. The bank commercials with people riding the green bicycles.

by Anonymousreply 47501/06/2013

Ncgoblu NC blucare ads..they suck.

by Anonymousreply 47601/06/2013

R466, so why did he dye his hair blond for the Santa commercial?

by Anonymousreply 47701/09/2013

"Activon...Powerful pain relief!!"

The commercial is annoying enough, but seeing it on CNN during Anderson "Keepin' 'em honest" Cooper's show is a bit much.

It's fucking WAX.

by Anonymousreply 47801/09/2013

The joke is that Flo (actress Stephanie Courtney, btw) ruined her marriage by giving the husband so much power it went to his head.

Slightly stereotypical at worst.

by Anonymousreply 47901/09/2013

I would never end a housing ad with a statement like that.

by Anonymousreply 48001/09/2013

I think she says "Six CARS ahead of us."

They are on the road.

by Anonymousreply 48101/09/2013

The one I truly HATE:

"Companies can't pay to be on Angie's List, so you know you can trust their reviews!"

Like a company couldn't pay a shill to pose as a customer and post a positive review?

by Anonymousreply 48201/09/2013

Any commercial with a celebrity voiceover (they don't want their faces shown):

Sean Connery for Level 3 Communications Steve Martin for some Wall Street company Tim Allen's car commercials John Goodman for 501 Jeans Donald Thutherland for Thimply Orange

by Anonymousreply 48301/09/2013

Those sluts with white stuff dripping from their mouths saying "We got nugged!" Maybe buttermilk ranch is not the right sauce to feature for this commercial.

by Anonymousreply 48401/09/2013

It's stupid to pay a celebrity for a voiceover because most people won't even know it's them. I've probably seen all those commercials and it never occurred to me it was John Goodman or Tim Allen.

by Anonymousreply 48501/09/2013

My late mother put me through prep schools in NYC with a tape-transcription service. People were warning her since the 1970s that this would put her out of business, yet she lost her first existing client (in addition to the new ones she didn't get) the year she retired.

The software is very useful for people who are disabled, who don't spell so well, or who don't want to pay a typist/transcriptionist a mint. This also saves money for all the corporations and government offices freed from those huge invoices people like Mom used to send them.

by Anonymousreply 48601/09/2013

The 1-800-Dentist commercial with the smug, condescending bitch who makes fun of her co-worker to his face. "I asked my cubemate where I can find a dentist. And what did you say? Tell them, retard."

"The supply closet."

by Anonymousreply 48701/09/2013

At our bank, we treat you like you'd treat you...if you were schizophrenic and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 48801/09/2013

You don't have to reuse catheters!!

Not only that we now have COMFORTABLE catheters that don't put you through hell like the catheters we've been pitching to you all these years!

If you think you won't need our product, consider for a moment that the market for these smooth, comfortable catheters is so great that we can afford to advertise constantly on television in primetime!!

by Anonymousreply 48901/09/2013

SelectQuote's commercials are annoying, but even more so after you get some insurance from them.

"Jim, 43, takes blood-pressure medication, yet we got him a $500k policy for only $21 a month!"

"Jill, 32, has full-blown AIDS, but we got her a $400k policy for $17 a month."

"Dave, 38, was shot six times, and has been given last rights, but we got him a $600k policy for just $23 a month."

"John, 36, lives in SYRIA, and has eight heat-seeking missiles with his name on it, but even HE pays less than you do!"

by Anonymousreply 49001/09/2013

That's *exactly* why they pay the big bucks for the voiceovers. They want you to hear a familiar, popular voice that you just can't quite put your finger on.

There's many more. I used to keep a list.

by Anonymousreply 49101/09/2013

Condescension...pass it on!

by Anonymousreply 49201/09/2013

The commercials for that insurance company that apparently didn't tell the actors who it was for because only Dennis Hasbert (sp?) says...

by Anonymousreply 49301/09/2013

The Nyquil commercial where that ugly actress is kvetching about how she took something and she's 'still *stubbed up*' -- she doesn't even do a convincing job of talking like someone who's congested. And they run that commercial incessantly!!! Really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 49401/09/2013

The Sleep Experts woman has a voice and a delivery style that makes me want to shoot myself in the head with a nailgun.

by Anonymousreply 49501/09/2013

a commercial I am loving right now is the Iams cat food commercial with Ziggy the cat opening up autistic child Jake's very private world. It should sweep the commercial awards in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 49601/09/2013

r.481, the woman is standing there on the phone waiting to speak to an insurance agent so she is DEFINITELY saying Six CALLS ahead of us. Use your brain.

by Anonymousreply 49701/09/2013

I agree with R497, though this doesn't take away from the fact that I think this is an exceedingly ridiculous commercial.

I want to know who at the client approved this storyboard and gave this concept the greenlight.

THAT'S the person who should be horsewhipped in Washington Square.

by Anonymousreply 49801/09/2013

There are a few commercials that I've read about here only to see on TV a few days or weeks later. When they annoy me, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Christian Slater bragged on some talk show about how much we was paid to do commercial voice over work for Magnavox. There's a commercial now with the voice of the ugly fat guy from "Sideways" (I'm forgetting his name). He has a cartoony voice and he's ugly so I don't know why they hired him. His voice doesn't communicate confidence or quality.

by Anonymousreply 49901/09/2013

May your eyesight one day grow worse than my own.

Not all of us WATCH television.

by Anonymousreply 50001/09/2013

Kristen Johnston is the agent in the "Six callers ahead of us, Jimmy!" State Farm commercial. You know , the the lady who just stands there, holding a clipboard, and says one line, "You're covered".

Guess that TV Land sitcom didn't work out so well...

by Anonymousreply 50101/10/2013

The commercial with that chick who's Branson's answer to Joyce DeWitt claiming she makes her own "oat and nut bars" or some such nonsense. The guy who plays her husband is so obviously homosexual I actually feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 50201/10/2013

There's a commercial on for some ear wax removal product that shows some guy inserting a q-tip in his ear and then screaming in pain followed by a series of people talking about how much q-tips hurt their ears and all I keep thinking is, are you all that stupid that you can't figure out how far to insert it in your ear???

by Anonymousreply 50301/10/2013

The progressive insurance commercials...all of them.

The Toyota truck commercial with the song "How cool is th-a-a-t"!There are actually grown men out there that act like this in real life!!!They never grew up!!!

by Anonymousreply 50401/11/2013

Any of the SC Johnson commercials with the guy talking about their FAMILY company making products for FAMILIES. He has a speech impediment and looks like a pedophile. Creepy. Is that what comes from too much upper crust inbreeding?

by Anonymousreply 50501/11/2013

Has their ever been a dumber product conceived than the "WaxVac", R503?

A weak (has to be to keep from damaging your eardrums) little vacuum that is supposed to suck that wax out of your ears? There's no way it could work worth a shit.

Plus, the commercial is irritating and disgusting. They show that guy poking his eardrum with the Q-tip and screaming over and over, and he screams like his dick has been chopped off.

by Anonymousreply 50601/11/2013

That t-mobile ad with the porn chick on the motorcycle who turns everything pink as she rides by and the "one two kalamazoo, three four jersey shore" shit. i have to fucking mute that whenever it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 50701/11/2013

The commercial for James Van Der Beek jeans. Why does every celebrity think they can come out with a fashion line? Really, skinny jeans for men? No one wants to look like a woman. "Put your cheeks in a Beek"? Uh, no thank you.

by Anonymousreply 50801/12/2013

That horrendous Chase ad with the guy singing about getting cash back to the tune of "Footloose." I really really want to punch him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 51101/15/2013

The Sleepy's commercial with its annoying, meandering and sappy theme song.

by Anonymousreply 51201/15/2013

Christian Mingle commercials on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 51301/15/2013

hey had me laughing at number 44, but 57 has me in stitches...LMAO

by Anonymousreply 51401/16/2013

I sincerely hate the Clorox commercial where the little boy at a bustop with his unattentive mother, wipes his nasty snotty nose on a business man's crisp white shirt.. Makes me wanna slap him and his mom every single time and wipe his face in the soiled shirt!!!

by Anonymousreply 51501/16/2013

R509, I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering with those commercials.

The only decent one is with the boy and his grandpa.

Other than that, the others so suck and are so overplayed.

by Anonymousreply 51601/17/2013

Those ear cleaner ads are really annoying

by Anonymousreply 51701/17/2013

I REALLY hate the Progressive commercial with the black woman confronting Flo.

She stomps in bellowing for Flo, then she does this ghetto hand-clap before she points to the gun thingy that messed up her husband. I hate that clap!

by Anonymousreply 51801/17/2013

The execrable Lou Holtz, in his best Sylvester the Cat imitation, spits his way through a "Catholics Come Home" spot that ran 12,387 times during ESPN's bowl season:

by Anonymousreply 51901/17/2013

I freaking HATE the ads for the Apple iPad, I think it is, the slogan being, 'The Playground is Open'. The one with the father and son in the backyard is bad enough, but the mother and daughter is even worse. The little girl comes across like an overprivileged brat and the mother as some desperate, clingy old lady who waited too long to have a child and whose whole world now revolves around her spoiled daughter. The whole concept in general just pisses me off- it seems like parents want to be 'best buds' with their kids now and actual parents only as an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 52001/19/2013

r501 is wrong about that being Kristen Johnson. It ain't.

Right now I am hating the new tax preparer claiming that some woman called and said she hadn't paid her taxes in a lot of years and then walked into the office and dumped several file boxes of records on his desk and told him to take care of it. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 52101/19/2013

The one for Tena Twist pads, where the women dance around to show that the pads won't leak.

The ads for the dating website The ad obviously uses models, unlike eharmony's ads. I know, it's trying to lure people in and smart people would know better but it smacks of false advertising.

by Anonymousreply 52201/22/2013

Any commercial (usually for boner pills) that has old couples holding hands, running along the beach and playing in the surf, or doing anything you NEVER see old couples do--spontaneously breaking into a dance while walking in the park, race car driving, bungie jumping, rock climbing. Such a condescending attempt to appeal to old people who cling to the belief that they "still got it." These commercials usually have a sound track of classic rock from the 60's. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 52301/22/2013

Those screaming kids being asked questions by that asshole adult at a round table.

Asshole adult: "What's better, big or small?"

Screaming kids: "BIG!!!!!!!"

Asshole adult: "Would you prefer a big place or a small place?" (Something like that.)

One of the screaming kids goes into this long explanation about something. (I am usually on to another channel by then.)

by Anonymousreply 52401/22/2013

The one where the guy shrugs it off after his brats wash his car with the windows open.

by Anonymousreply 52601/22/2013

I hate the Coors Lite commercials where the mountain climbers have to go get the beer on the side of the mountain for the waitress. After he hands her the beer she says they need three more for table 12 and he says no problem. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 52701/22/2013

That phone ad with Gwen Stefani. "Writing music is soooo hard, but I love it," said in her stupid squeak-toy voice. When is this bitch going to quit acting and dressing like she's 22?

by Anonymousreply 52801/24/2013

Any other Pia Zadora-based nightmares?

by Anonymousreply 52901/24/2013

The Weight Watchers ad where the formerly fat and the newly thin selves talk to each other. They are both crying and commiserating as if dropping 30 lbs is the same as recovering from stage 4 cancer.

by Anonymousreply 53001/24/2013

Kayak commercial with the two freaky guys in the sweater.

by Anonymousreply 53101/25/2013

I hate the H&R Block commercial with the taxfrau who studied all 900+ pages of the Affordable Healthcare Act. You know her cubicle walls are replete with cutesy-poo pictures of kittens and babies.

by Anonymousreply 53201/25/2013

The cereal ad where the parents are deathly afraid of their son.

Mom: Ugh, I forgot to get Jack's cereal. Oh god, what are we gonna do? OMG, here he comes.

Jack: What the fuck is for breakfast, cunts?

Dad: Try the, uh, Number One cereal. Oh god, please don't kill us. Please spare us. Wait, you like it? Oh thank god.

by Anonymousreply 53301/25/2013

The Dior commercial featuring Charlize Theron with high pitched vocals of a screeching Beth Ditto - she only screeches at the very end - - I turn the channel or mute it- sounds like a bag of cats, very annoying - I hate it, cannot listen to it and this is a very replayed commercial

by Anonymousreply 53401/25/2013

[quote]I hate the H&R Block commercial with the taxfrau who studied all 900+ pages of the Affordable Healthcare Act. You know her cubicle walls are replete with cutesy-poo pictures of kittens and babies.

I actually thought at first that she was a satire and was going to be an anti-Obama commercial of some kind. She seems so odd.

by Anonymousreply 53501/25/2013

The Cheerios commercial that shows the two black kids, one of whom is stealing his brother's cereal and whose dad jovially calls him the Cheerios Bandit. This is followed by a mother "teaching" the kid to eat Cheerios. This is how I learned... and now YOU!" like the kid just wrote War and Peace.

So Cheerios? Black people support their children stealing and white people gently and supportively teach them to eat?

by Anonymousreply 53601/25/2013

I can't believe so many people watch the network stations and subject themselves to mind control.

by Anonymousreply 53701/25/2013

That tinfoil hat looks good on you, R537.

by Anonymousreply 53801/25/2013

"I got sick ... and then I GOT BETTER!"

by Anonymousreply 53901/25/2013

How bout where that douche guy walks into his friend's apartment, his three friends are fighting over a plate of wings. But Mr. Cool? He just pulls out his burrito, see? And he watches those poor suckers fight for wings while he can enjoy his own delicious - and more importantly: practical - game time meal.

How often do you walk into your friend's apartment without saying a word, only to shake your head at them condescendingly? I'd kick the asshole out!

by Anonymousreply 54101/26/2013

Corona commercial:

The chick snowboards down the run, at the bottom of which is a man sitting in one of TWO chairs, with a stump between them, drinking beer.

HER: "Know what my favorite run of the day is?"

HIM: "The last one?"

WHO THE FUCK LET THEM BRING THEIR CHAIRS RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SKI RUN? Not to mention sitting in them and getting drunk!? You can't do that! I've never skied but there's no way that guy doesn't get rammed by confused skiers.

by Anonymousreply 54201/26/2013

Couple of my irritants listed here. The Gwen Stefani one R528 mentions -- Yes Gwen, "This shit is bananas" is the work of a gifted lyricist. It may be hard but the rewards for the public are so worth it. You hang in there.

Also, the "asshole adult" and kids round table meetings (thanks for the term R524), kids don't talk like that. Adults write like that though.

There is one for a car company where they talk about "bravery" and "inspiration" that annoys me. It's a friggin' car you morons - where does bravery fit into it?

by Anonymousreply 54301/26/2013

[quote]WHO THE FUCK LET THEM BRING THEIR CHAIRS RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SKI RUN? Not to mention sitting in them and getting drunk!? You can't do that! I've never skied but there's no way that guy doesn't get rammed by confused skiers.

Relax, it's just a commercial. It doesn't have to make sense. Do you get this bent out of shape when you see a talking cartoon bee too? You can't do that! I've never seen a cartoon come to life off of my cereal box and talk to me.

by Anonymousreply 54401/26/2013

[quote]Also, the "asshole adult" and kids round table meetings (thanks for the term [R524]), kids don't talk like that. Adults write like that though.

What do you mean kids don't talk like that? They just did. This wasn't scripted material.

by Anonymousreply 54501/26/2013

I'm wrote a book with my feet.

by Anonymousreply 54601/26/2013

The one for Stride gum with the guy daydreaming that he's skier Shawn White, and walks around in tiny brown shorts and a blue shirt. It's just so weird.

by Anonymousreply 54701/27/2013

[quote]What do you mean kids don't talk like that? They just did. This wasn't scripted material.

So all those little kids are familiar with disco? And have the same moves when talking about it? It may have only been loosely scripted, but it was scripted, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 54801/27/2013

The Jackson-Hewitt ads make me rethink my opposition to gun control

by Anonymousreply 54901/27/2013

Aw, R549, this ad is great!

Features the nerdy woman in the Hot Pockets ad ("funky party people") and the nimrod in the current crop of Chevy ads (muddy handshake").

by Anonymousreply 55001/27/2013

[quote]So all those little kids are familiar with disco? And have the same moves when talking about it? It may have only been loosely scripted, but it was scripted, IMHO.

I don't think it's scripted. Kids can't act that well or fake spontaneity. Just look at the AT&T U-Verse commercials to see how bad scripted kid acting is. "And if mom, uh, wants to watch her ,uh, stupid shows and dad, uh wants to watch his, uh, dumb shows, then by George that's all we watched. And we liked it."

by Anonymousreply 55101/27/2013

It's already been mentioned, but I hate, hate, hate the State Farm commercial with "Six callers ahead of us, Jimmy." It's not that line that bothers me. It's the excruciating singing.

by Anonymousreply 55201/27/2013

I actually enjoy listening to and really like the Janet Lehman Total Transformation radio commercial

by Anonymousreply 55301/28/2013

The callous clear commercial is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 55402/02/2013

KFC'S "Game day buckent go boom."

by Anonymousreply 55502/03/2013

Oops. Bucket.

by Anonymousreply 55602/03/2013

I'll have you know that annoying little boy will be a card-carrying full-paying member of Data Lounge very soon. Coming Soon.

by Anonymousreply 55802/03/2013

U-vers. The same script shot with different kids...presented as NEW commercials. They're the same damn commercials! Dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 55902/03/2013

Cottonelle has a new ad that shows a bear sitting on the toilet (they only show it from the chest up). He's unwound a length of tissue in preparation to wipe, but then rubs the delightful toilet paper against his face cause it's so soft. He has a look of bliss.

It cuts to his bear wife calling out to him from the living room, in a cheerful but informative voice, to remind him that he doesn't need to use so much.

So many things that make me grind by teeth: bear on the toilet; bears in a home; the bears are blue; bear wife lounging on the sofa and being a condescending bitch...

by Anonymousreply 56002/03/2013

But you KNOW the young son bear is a pencil-dialer.

by Anonymousreply 56102/03/2013

I'm sure "Flo" has been mentioned already, but I just cannot stand that actress or that character.

by Anonymousreply 56202/03/2013

I just found this on Youtube - it's hilarious and is completely what I'm thinking while watching Charmin ads.

by Anonymousreply 56302/03/2013

Anything with doorbells (there are ALOT!),my dogs go nuts!

by Anonymousreply 56402/03/2013

I'm glad you found that homophobic video hilarious, R563.

by Anonymousreply 56502/04/2013

The one (mentioned before) where the woman climbs the huge orange rock. I hate heights and the shot of her balancing on top of that tiny point of stone always makes my legs feel funny (which happens when confronted with visuals of heights).

by Anonymousreply 56602/04/2013

That vid is NOT homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 56702/04/2013

Dollars direct. The commercial with the guy at the pay day loan store. The cashier makes fun of the guys id, which isn't even awful while the whole store laughs. The argument is that getting an online loan is better than at a store which may be true but getting laughed at for your id is an unrealistic selling point and insulting to intelligence. Not to mention the dumb country singing asshole narrating the whole thing

by Anonymousreply 56802/05/2013

The beano commercial where the ugly lady in glasses says oh now you get it...take beano now and there will be no gas! I just want to smack her she annoys me so much her voice her face what she says everything!

by Anonymousreply 56902/05/2013

The Chase ad with the guy singing about getting cash back .."every body get..." EEEEEK I want to vomit, he's so smarmy! The 'trying to be hip' pose is what drives me nuts.

I also can't stand the creepy flabby looking guy pitching the "5 Hour Energy" shit, he creeps me out, especially when he auto tune sings! "My daaaybyooouuuu allllbuuum..."

by Anonymousreply 57002/07/2013

"I'm in NY and there's an ad for this new community/village called "Jackson 21". It's a combo of stores, restaurants, apartments.

The ad's pitchman looks like he should be in a hospice. He's 75-ish, with white wispy hair, age spots everywhere. He ends the commercial saying "if you're not a nice person, don't call for info"."

The old guy is actually Mitch Leigh, he was involved in writing the musical version of "Man of La Mancha". Next time the ad is on, take notice of the "Man of La Mancha" poster behind him,.

Mitch also wrote the very memorable TV commercial tune, "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee"!

by Anonymousreply 57102/07/2013

bump for more crappy commercials...

by Anonymousreply 57202/07/2013

That ad for something with Jimmy Fallon and a baby.

by Anonymousreply 57302/07/2013

Why doesn't that bitch want 50% more cash??

by Anonymousreply 57402/08/2013

Is that commercial with the pig and the girl in a car that is out of gas supposed to be funny?

by Anonymousreply 57502/08/2013

Why not? She's hot for him and he's oblivious. Typical male pig.

by Anonymousreply 57602/08/2013

R575 I'll second that commercial. It's atrocious. Still hating the Go-Daddy commercial where the super model and ugly boy kiss. Take that shit off tv.

by Anonymousreply 57702/08/2013

"Is that commercial with the pig and the girl in a car that is out of gas supposed to be funny?"

The pig is cute/funny in the other commercial where he's on the plane, but this one, with the bizarre message that a human female wants to be romantically involved, which would lead to literally fucking the pig, is VERY creepy!

Ad agency assholes come up with this shit, yet get paid big bucks?! To think I left the art field!

by Anonymousreply 57802/08/2013

The Geico ads with the creepy basketball player who runs around swatting things away. His deep voice, laugh and scary smile could give a person nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 57902/08/2013

The worst part of that ad is the two douchebags at the end who play guitar and congratulate themselves on coming up with these lame jokes. "Nice! Good one!"

by Anonymousreply 58002/08/2013

Anyone else annoyed with these eejitz, Ronnie and Jimmy?

by Anonymousreply 58102/08/2013

R557 & R558, is that the kid who pronounces "wire" like Lorraine Bracco in Goodfellas?

by Anonymousreply 58202/08/2013

Haha, R579, I love that spot with Dikembe Motumbo. If you ever watched him play, you'd get it. He WAS a bit creepy on the court, and viciously blocked shots with relish.

That ad, and the one with Deion Sanders pretending to be a young phenom named Leon Sandcastle, really are aimed at sports fans.

by Anonymousreply 58302/08/2013

This has probably been discussed, but what's with catheter commercials? They're always on!

"These don't hurt as much as the other ones."

Good Lord!

by Anonymousreply 58402/08/2013

I hate hate HATE the ATT U-Verse spot where the teenage Latina girls are watching some telenovela and "papa" begins to snore. The snotty girls just move the TV out onto the patio and make the other girls "bring the popcorn".

by Anonymousreply 58502/08/2013

How about the guy who has to walk through the rope maze in the bank to get to the cashier and asks her for a deposit slip? Apparently this asshat has never, ever been in that bank before and had no idea that the deposit slips are always near the entrance of the bank.

by Anonymousreply 58602/08/2013

I hate that basketball player commercial as well. He annoys the crap out of me. I want to see someone pull out a bat and knock him over the head the next time he wags his finger in their face.

by Anonymousreply 58702/09/2013

The Advil ad with the gaysian fish monger. Explaining that he doesn't go to the gym because his job is a workout, all while a flood of purses cascades out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 58802/10/2013

Dikembe Motumbo's commercial is hilarious. LOVE HIM.

by Anonymousreply 58902/10/2013

Little Eli and his first flush parade.

by Anonymousreply 59002/10/2013

I wish someone would do a parody of the Eli's first flush commercial -- there's a guy dressed as a toilet but what about someone dressed as a roll of toilet paper, a few people dressed as turds.

by Anonymousreply 59102/10/2013

I hate the commercials that play before a YouTube video.

by Anonymousreply 59202/10/2013

R588, you mean Tahoe?

by Anonymousreply 59302/11/2013

Here is Jimmie from the Geico ads from some porn he did years back.

by Anonymousreply 59402/11/2013

That doesn't look very much like Jimmy, r594.

Is it the same guy in both pictures?

by Anonymousreply 59502/11/2013

I think it's either a DirecTV or Centry Link ad where they're talking about the rate not changing for 5 years at a press conference/town hall setting, and the cable dude is sinking in his chair and the old man stands up and says: "5 years??? I like that" Ooooh I just want to punch that old dude in his face and yell at him to turn his fucking hearing aid up.. YES OLD TIMER.. 5 FUCKING YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 59602/11/2013

The new Planet Fitness ads with the roided out guy getting his "burn on" and the other PF ad with the fake titted bimbos telling each other how "hot" they are.

The concept is good, they are trying to tell the public that Planet Fitness is not about seeing a bunch of preening narcissists every time you go there, unfortunately, the commercials are really annoying, as was their old commercial with the guy showing off his six pack.

by Anonymousreply 59702/11/2013

The current two-part kellog fiber one commercial is so terrible i cant believe its being aired. The first part with the grungy looking guy and his dumpty-looking wife is the worse Please take it off!

by Anonymousreply 59802/16/2013

It's full of fiber and flatulence. I'm in you deep, babe.

by Anonymousreply 59902/16/2013

The Dikembe commercial is hilarious. His laugh is so comical. Of course I used to watch him in Atlanta so it's easier to get it.

by Anonymousreply 60002/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!