Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Leba Dunham star of HBO's girls is so fat and ugly....

she reminds me of "blank."

by G. Rayburnreply 8502/11/2013

Are you a 13-year old teenage girl, OP?

by G. Rayburnreply 104/19/2012

I just did a search for her photo. Never mind the weight. She looks like she's in her mid to late 30s.

by G. Rayburnreply 204/19/2012

so far neither of these replies are short enough to fit on the blue card. I always hated when Brett wrote really long answers and had to use a bunch of cards.

by G. Rayburnreply 304/19/2012

"The blobfish of human flesh that lurks beneath OP's caftan"

by G. Rayburnreply 404/19/2012

still too long r4

by G. Rayburnreply 504/19/2012

Leba?

by G. Rayburnreply 604/19/2012

glaring nepotism.

by G. Rayburnreply 704/19/2012

OP.

by G. Rayburnreply 804/19/2012

Isn't she supposed to be "brilliant" and the show "hilarious"?

by G. Rayburnreply 904/19/2012

She reminds me of a fat version of Rosie O'Donnell.

by G. Rayburnreply 1004/19/2012

jewish?

by G. Rayburnreply 1104/20/2012

She was on Chelsea Handler and actually looked quite good. She comes across great in interviews and I actually liked the show. I don't know how much mileage they can get out of the concept but for now it works.

by G. Rayburnreply 1204/20/2012

"jewish?"

Like Gwennie, she's Jewish and a Wasp. Her dad artist Carroll Dunham is a Wasp, her mom photographer Laurie Simmons is Jewish.

Whatever Lena is, she's not very attractive.

by G. Rayburnreply 1306/03/2012

tons of male celebrities.

by G. Rayburnreply 1406/03/2012

She's "fat" and ugly like most male celebrities.

by G. Rayburnreply 1506/03/2012

r14 is the tit for tat troll

by G. Rayburnreply 1606/03/2012

"a butch Seth Rogan"

by G. Rayburnreply 1706/06/2012

Reminds me of Blank...Jerri Blank!

by G. Rayburnreply 1806/06/2012

A less attractive Thelma Ritter

by G. Rayburnreply 1906/06/2012

Weird. Like she owes it to anyone to be skinny and pretty.

by G. Rayburnreply 2006/06/2012

She's cute and smart. I would date someone like her in a heartbeat.

by G. Rayburnreply 2106/06/2012

Pumba

by G. Rayburnreply 2206/06/2012

"your brain, OP"

by G. Rayburnreply 2306/06/2012

I think Girls is hilarious and Lena is a damn good writer and actress.

by G. Rayburnreply 2406/06/2012

At first I was quick to jump on the nepotism bandwagon (though a HUGE percentage of all successful artists fall under that umbrella) if only because of her age. It is VERY rare for anyone, nepotism or not, to produce, direct, write, and be the showrunner (which I assume she does) at age 25. I mean, unheard of.

But damn if that show isn't uncomfortably entertaining. Consider me a fan.

And her weight or looks mean absolutely nothing to me.

by G. Rayburnreply 2506/06/2012

Agree, R24.

by G. Rayburnreply 2606/06/2012

I like Jeanie Berlin but I a problem with this girl. She doesnt seem to have much personality to make up for her plain looks.

by G. Rayburnreply 2706/06/2012

[quote]It is VERY rare for anyone, nepotism or not, to produce, direct, write, and be the showrunner (which I assume she does) at age 25. I mean, unheard of.

Remember how about ten, fifteen years ago twenty something directors were all the rage? If you were 29, you were considered old for a first time director. I guess the same trend will be hitting TV soon.

by G. Rayburnreply 2806/06/2012

She definitely looks a lot better in interviews. Good hair and makeup really make a difference.

by G. Rayburnreply 2906/06/2012

I have come to find her adorable. Yes, I went to a Midwestern liberal arts college full of unwashed schlubs, why do you ask?

by G. Rayburnreply 3006/06/2012

Anyone blind to this girl's obvious intelligence and talent is not someone I'd want to know. I know humor is subjective. Even if her show doesn't make you laugh (again, unimaginable to me) I can't imagine not recognizing her powers of observation and writing talent. The show is filled with realistic conversation (not necessarily subject matter, but interaction). Really remarkable, especially for someone of her age. I'm glad she's getting all this critical approbation. Especially by comparison with all the crap out there, she deserves it.

by G. Rayburnreply 3106/07/2012

BOOBIES!!

by G. Rayburnreply 3206/07/2012

"Brett Somers"

by G. Rayburnreply 3306/07/2012

r34 how OLD are you??

I will guess 57

by G. Rayburnreply 3506/14/2012

" Re: Leba Dunham star of HBO's girls is so fat and ugly...."

Leba Dunham sounds like a Datalounge "Primetimer".

by G. Rayburnreply 3606/14/2012

Who cares what she looks like? She's talented and I like her work. Lay off.

by G. Rayburnreply 3706/14/2012

...that she looks like an 60 year old Justin Bieber.

by G. Rayburnreply 3810/26/2012

ADR, r25, but it's unheard of because talented people that age wouldn't be given a shot unless they had a connection, not because they're not out there or incapable. If they're younger, it will be harder to sell a new cultural take to older execs.

No suit is going to take that risk unless they have a connection, i.e. someone will vouch for them.

I get the feeling that this is more true in TV than movies.

I also wonder how much producing and showrunning she actually does. Seriously. That is a lot of work in a short time frame. To me it seems like hype--look a the amazing multi-hyphenate!

Shonda Rhimes is the same--two shows, producing, showrunning and some writing (or story plotting)--really?

And I'm not throwing shade at Shonda-she's obviously proven herself with GA. It just seems impossible.

It reminds me of the music industry where people like Beyonce and Taylor Swift get writing and production credits while unsung veterans do the work.

I don't give a shit about her looks either, especially in the context of her show. She's self-aware enough (unlike Mindy Kaling) not to write herself out of her league to the point where viewers will be turned off.

by G. Rayburnreply 3910/26/2012

Assholes, it's not her job to be skinny and pretty.

by G. Rayburnreply 4010/26/2012

she looks like dough.

by G. Rayburnreply 4110/26/2012

I don't care what she looks like. Her show has a fun dynamic, though I find her prose and intellect overrated thus far. She's no "genius."

by G. Rayburnreply 4210/26/2012

Leba Dunham is so fat and ugly she reminds me of Lena Dunham?

by G. Rayburnreply 4410/26/2012

John Sununu. Nah, not really. I think Lena is cute and smart. She's probably happier than the skinny bitches who obsess over every calore. She's chunky and she owns it. I'm surprised no one called the OP out for not even knowing her name.

by G. Rayburnreply 4510/26/2012

[quote]She's self-aware enough (unlike Mindy Kaling) not to write herself out of her league to the point where viewers will be turned off.

Can you explain what you mean by this? I watched an episode of Mindy's new show and I didn't like it, but I can't really articulate why.

by G. Rayburnreply 4610/26/2012

A potato!

by G. Rayburnreply 4710/26/2012

She's this year's Diablo Cody who has also faded into obscurity thankfully.

by G. Rayburnreply 4810/27/2012

"Miss America"

by G. Rayburnreply 4910/27/2012

The Buddha

by G. Rayburnreply 5010/27/2012

r25 Seth MacFarlane beat her to this allegedly "unheard of" feat. And he really had no connections, unlike Miss Nepo Tism.

Anyway, I find her to be very boring. She is just another hipster who is still hanging on to her 21 year old college "cool years", and all of the overweight and frumpy, self-loathing girls have adopted her as their savior for some reason. It's the same reason they loved frumpy, boring Peggy on Mad Men.

by G. Rayburnreply 5110/27/2012

r51 do people really like Peggy on MM? I hate her with every inch of my being and think she ruins would could be a great show.

by G. Rayburnreply 5210/27/2012

Her face looks like a lump of dough covered in white flour, with two lumps of coal for eyes. I'd have a hard time picking her out of a lineup consisting of one nondescript shit who was born on 3rd and thinks she hit a triple.

by G. Rayburnreply 5310/27/2012

R31 = Lena Tovah Leba Tilly Bubbie Dunham

by G. Rayburnreply 5410/27/2012

r52 I agree with you, but yes, women love Peggy. Any criticism of her is taken extremely personally by them because to them, they are her.

by G. Rayburnreply 5510/27/2012

R25, I said it was rare, not unheard of. What Seth MacFarlane did was also very rare. However, he went to Rhode Island, which is like going to Iowa for fiction writers or Yale for intellectuals. So, that certainly helped him get his foot in the animation door, just as Lena Dunham's connections helped her.

Both should be applauded and both are very talented.

by G. Rayburnreply 5610/27/2012

She serialized her movie Tiny Furniture to create Girls. I liked the film, but the show leaves me cold. She should maybe try her hand at a hipster romantic comedy next.

by G. Rayburnreply 5710/27/2012

[quote]a hipster romantic comedy next.

noooooooooooooooooo!

by G. Rayburnreply 5810/27/2012

by G. Rayburnreply 5910/27/2012

Soon, she'll get body lipo a nose job implants etc. Happens to them all just a matter of type the hook is she looks like a normal -read, pudgy- white girl and all fat ww want to be skinny blond b's. Just a matter of time her makeover is coming.

by G. Rayburnreply 6010/27/2012

If you really think that, then you are completely missing the degree of her commitment to love herself despite not fitting into the mainstream's idea of beauty.

That part is genuinely genuine, I can tell. And the more people give her shit for showing her cellulite on the red carpet, the more she gets off on doing it.

by G. Rayburnreply 6110/27/2012

[quote]And the more people give her shit for showing her cellulite on the red carpet, the more she gets off on doing it.

I guarantee you that will change once she hits 30. She can play the cute card for another year, but that's about it. After that, she'll just be a fat actress, and it will bother her.

by G. Rayburnreply 6210/27/2012

Lena is a spoiled, pampered exhibitionist who flaunts her homeliness because she has no beauty to flaunt. Showing her cellulite is a manipulative, passive-aggressive tactic to make the media accept her ugliness and to shame them if they voice disgust.

Unlike the other young women in her peer group, Lena will never be lusted after by a high status male and she knows that. No amount of success or fame or money or nepotism will change that. Having sex with her will always be a pity fuck. Hence, the bitterness and the flaunting of her ugliness.

by G. Rayburnreply 6310/27/2012

"Ugly" women tick off people when they refuse to possess the low-esteem people think they ought to. People want women to either fit into the mainstream's idea of beauty, or, if they don't, to be sufficiently ashamed and self-loathing. Lena don't do either of those, hence the anger at her.

by G. Rayburnreply 6410/27/2012

I'm a gay male. I'm considered very attractive. I genuinely don't understand gay men who have so much vested in a female's supposed beauty or sex appeal. Who the hell cares? One of my best friends is like this. He's a brilliant, brilliant man but constantly comments on the "looks" of certain actresses, designers, artists whatever, and often decides to like them only if they pass his "beauty test", even if their other qualifications are immaculate.

I find it so damn weird. I get it with guys, but women?

by G. Rayburnreply 6510/27/2012

[quote]"Ugly" women tick off people when they refuse to possess the low-esteem people think they ought to. People want women to either fit into the mainstream's idea of beauty, or, if they don't, to be sufficiently ashamed and self-loathing. Lena don't do either of those, hence the anger at her.

Exactly. Well said.

by G. Rayburnreply 6610/27/2012

I don't like her work, but I like her confidence. Rather, I might get ticked off if someone of any appearance constantly expresses low self-esteem.

[quote] I genuinely don't understand gay men who have so much vested in a female's supposed beauty or sex appeal. Who the hell cares?

Exactly this. My (bisexual) dad is in a creative industry, and has two PhDs.

I always thought his career of choice and his constant aesthetic critiques of womens' bodies and faces were somehow related. It's pretty sick. I remember being what, 5 years old, when he first described the shape and thickness evolution of a female business associate's breasts and thighs, in detail.

One time I heard him tell a (very talented, gracious, and world-renowned) female musician, "I'd say it's good to see you again, but I can't tell if you're coming or going! Step away from the pastries, yes? Pahahaha."

He's an asshole. How can you treat people like that and [a.] not be embarrassed about your own glaring insecurity, and [b.] not expect people to criticize and make fun of you just as much!?

by G. Rayburnreply 6710/27/2012

[quote]"Ugly" women tick off people when they refuse to possess the low-esteem people think they ought to. People want women to either fit into the mainstream's idea of beauty, or, if they don't, to be sufficiently ashamed and self-loathing. Lena don't do either of those, hence the anger at her.

No, that's just what the homely girls tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

by G. Rayburnreply 6810/27/2012

"I genuinely don't understand gay men who have so much vested in a female's supposed beauty or sex appeal. Who the hell cares? "

I think it has something to do with only gay men understanding the power of the male gaze, since they can see it uniquely from having been on both sides of the fence. I'm too stoned to explain myself further.

by G. Rayburnreply 6910/27/2012

"Unlike the other young women in her peer group, Lena will never be lusted after by a high status male and she knows that."

You can't possibly imagine that a lot of women don't give a shit if some "high status male lusts" after her?

by G. Rayburnreply 7010/27/2012

by G. Rayburnreply 7110/27/2012

R68, Maybe, but it doesn't make sense that other people should care what someone looks like, unless they look so bad that it justifiably causes concern for humanity at large.

by G. Rayburnreply 7210/27/2012

Often the same gay men who invest in women's appearances are the same ones who think women aren't worth anyone's time, are the same ones who go to the trouble of starting online threads about women's appearances.

by G. Rayburnreply 7310/27/2012

I don't get it either, r65. So many gay men really do become over-invested in women's appearance, often to the point of obsessive anger. As it is, women have to take enough shit about their looks from straight men (and from other women, which I don't get, either). But gay men? I really don't get it.

And am I the only one who doesn't even think Lena is that ugly anyway? She's not pretty, but there's an entire middle ground between "pretty" and "hideously ugly." Only in comparison to Hollywood standards is she some sort of troll whose face should never be allowed to see the light of day. I'm glad she's challenging Hollywood conventional wisdom, even with all the detractors it gets her.

by G. Rayburnreply 7510/28/2012

"But gay men? I really don't get it."

Well, you know what they say. What doesn't kill us makes us bitter.

by G. Rayburnreply 7610/28/2012

God, people who refer to people as ugly are the worst. I get someone's looks might not interest you but be mature and keep it to yourself.

by G. Rayburnreply 7710/28/2012

[quote]And am I the only one who doesn't even think Lena is that ugly anyway?

Naw. She's normal looking and sometimes very cute. Regardless, she's really not about her looks anyway. I think that's what drives people crazy, too. It's like, you're not making enough effort! Feel bad that you have cellulite! How dare you act against the norm for how women are supposed to relate to the world!

by G. Rayburnreply 7810/28/2012

Geez, you people really suck at Match Game.

by G. Rayburnreply 7910/28/2012

She is on the thicker side. I wouldn't say she is really fat.

by G. Rayburnreply 8010/28/2012

TERD

by G. Rayburnreply 8102/01/2013

Is the OP the nut who's started about 10 topics about Lena Dunham's appearance? God, get some perspective.

by G. Rayburnreply 8202/01/2013

Lena Duhnam is so fat and ugly....

she has a wildly successful TV show that she writes and acts in herself unlike OP, who I'm sure has done nothing half as impressive.

by G. Rayburnreply 8302/01/2013

This girl is a cow. And after watching the episode where her character bangs this doctor, i gotta say she's delusional too. Be realistic Lena. If you're going to have Hannah have sex with someone on the show, make it believable by casting guys with Atleast a size 40 waist. Oink

by G. Rayburnreply 8402/11/2013

It would be more realistic if they showed the doctor wanting to get rid of her once he fucked her. Now that's a real reality for average looking girls and even for pretty ones....but not once has she ever wrote about rejection. All the men want her.

She is delusional.

by G. Rayburnreply 8502/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.