Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Luke Russert Annoys the Fuck Out of Me Yet Again

"Earth Day was started by Senator Gaylord Nelson-- who I've never heard of."

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

I stopped watching everything on their network when they hired this fat, entitled, self important, smug cunt.

How embarrassing for them.

by Anonymousreply 104/17/2012

Chuck Toad is bad enough, but I flat out refuse to watch when the Baby Russert fills in for him. Can't stand that brat!

by Anonymousreply 204/17/2012

Yes and Anderson Cooper is can no wrong.

What's wrong with that picture?

by Anonymousreply 304/17/2012

R3, I'm one gay guy who loaths that giggling, classist, closeted, overhyped queen Cooper, so don't generalize.

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2012

who is generalizing? Two guys who have zero news experience. Yet one is held to a higher standard (AC), and another is ridiculed (LR)

So who is being the hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2012

[quote]Yet one is held to a higher standard (AC), and another is ridiculed (LR)

Don't get around much, r5? Though I've never ridiculed Russert, I've never praised him and don't watch him. OTOH, I'm just one of many, many people who don't have any problem with pointing to the fact that Ka-ween Cooper is little more than a giggling news reader with no real journalism experience.

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2012

Luke riding the 'coat tails' is embarrassing. Such is the way of the good ol' US of A!

by Anonymousreply 704/17/2012

I'm a big Chuck Todd fan. I remember when he worked for the Hotline and was on C-Span every morning to give the political update. He was excellent. He has a good background and experience for what he does.

But if Luke Russert said that, he should be given a production job somewhere (Tim probably had it in his contract that NBC would hire and keep Luke) and never be allowed on screen again.

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2012

I've said this before on DL, but there is no way in hell a 23 year-old would be put in front of a camera on Network under any other circumstances. Especially someone as fat and homely as Russert. Pure nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 904/17/2012

Why did someone have to bring up Anderson Cooper, doesn't he get bashed enough on this website? I don't trust Russert or Chuck Todd or Ed Henry, John King or that other gray haired guy on NBC that danced with Karl Rove. Plenty to complain about without bringing in Anderson, good grief.

by Anonymousreply 1004/17/2012

Doesn't this belong in the "The Young Are Awful" thread?

by Anonymousreply 1104/17/2012

Isn't it pretty much true of all major sources of print and broadcast journalism that you have to be related to someone who has already been "inducted," so to speak, to get in the door?

by Anonymousreply 1204/17/2012

Billy Bush would never have been hired if he was Billy Jones. Bristol Palin whould not have been on that dance show if she was Bristol Smith.

by Anonymousreply 1304/17/2012

Chelsea Clinton is on the outs at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2012

But I'm still an NBC Today Show correspondent, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2012

R12--you're wrong about journalism, but that doesn't matter. We're not talking journalism here. It's infotainment. Journalism in 21st century America is an anachronism; there are probably more blacksmiths than there are journalists.

Russert, Cooper and Todd, like all of the other personalities you see on television "news" programs aren't aspiring to be the next Edward R. Murrow. Their antecedents are people like John Tesh and Mary Hart.

by Anonymousreply 1604/17/2012

I want to stab him.

He was also asking whether onions are vegetables in an earlier segment.

How can we get him fired?

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2012

Russert's dad would be ashamed of his son saying something like that on TV. Maybe it's OK that he doesn't know who the guy was, but it's not OK to display his ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 1804/17/2012

People say that with such glee "I've never heard of him etc."

We see it on the DL all the time.

Why are people so proud of being uninformed?

by Anonymousreply 1904/17/2012

[quote] who I've never heard of.

Ignorance [italic]and[/italic] atrocious grammar. He is a double threat.

by Anonymousreply 2004/17/2012

My theory is the Repugs were counting on Tim Russert to be their snarky ace in the hole for the 2008 election (moderating debates, etc.). Then he dropped dead, and they panicked and tried to groom Luke as his replacement. Now they don't know what to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 2104/17/2012

Luke only got that job because his fat father dropped dead!

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2012

Didn't Tim Russert always have a journalistic hard-on for Bill Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2012

Tim Russert was in the business of making friends with political figures in order to have access. In the end, the access is all he was ever after, as opposed to news writers wanting access in order to chase a proper story.

A couple of years ago, John McCain went into the hospital to have an anal polyp removed. It turned out it wasn't a polyp, it was the cap from one of Tim Russert's canine teeth. It had apparently come loose in a particularly passionate night of making love.

by Anonymousreply 2404/18/2012

Sorry to bump this thread, but I couldn't help it.

I've never seen this idiot anchor before, but I've been watching for a few minutes. How can anyone argue that he has a job for any other reason than who his father was? He's awful.

What an entitled, little, frat douchebag. His voice and mannerisms are beyond obnoxious. There is no way people working at MSNBC can stand him. He has no business working on a major network -none.

I won't even get into the fact that he's a fucking shill for the GOP. I'm sure as hell not saying that because I'm some "liberal" who expects Obama's ass to be kissed by the media. I'm saying it because I actually listened to him (painful as it was).

Junior's a fucking tool.

by Anonymousreply 2507/17/2012

There's an insider's "club" at NBC/MSNBC, an Irish cabal, if you will, and Timmy was always going to work there if he wanted to no matter what happened to his dad. Big Tim Russert was very, very,very close to the Kennedy family.

by Anonymousreply 2607/17/2012

Matt Lauer is also part of that club, which is why he is protected and Ann got t he heave-ho.

by Anonymousreply 2707/17/2012

Sorry, I meant Luke not "Timmy."

Right about Lauer R27.

by Anonymousreply 2807/17/2012

We think it's awful that a son gets an unfair opportunity simply because of who his parents are. Every child should have to make it on his own, or our country will go to the dogs. It's disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 2907/17/2012

NBC hired Luke to be the Congressional reporter? What prior experience does he have?

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

MSNBC's Alex Wagner and Luke Russert are friends, which is a flaw in Alex's character.

Luke is a walkng L.L. Bean catalogue. Alex makes a joke of it. Luke wears boat shoes with his jacket and tie. He looks like a doufas but thinks he's being a rebel with his own unique casual style. Put on a pair of shoes, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!