Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Joey Luft really a heroin addict ?

Is Judy Garland's only son really a drugged out mess ? You never see him.

by Anonymousreply 13004/08/2015

No.

by Anonymousreply 404/17/2012

Joey is 'special.'

by Anonymousreply 504/17/2012

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 604/17/2012

I've never heard heroin rumors about him, though the persistent reports on here is that he's retarded in some way and lives in a group home.

I have seen photos of him at Judy-related events - like, I seem to remember him appearing with Lorna and her kids at the ceremony when Judy got a postage stamp - so I don't think he's some sort of recluse or anything.

by Anonymousreply 804/17/2012

I think someone mentioned the heroin part on another thread. if the fetal alcohol Syndrome is true, that's sad. But it would explain a lot. Hard to believe that cute little boy from her TV show, is now almost 60 years old.

by Anonymousreply 1004/17/2012

R11, he seemed perfectly normal in that "Me and My Shadows" movie, even shown performing with his mom and sister as kids.

by Anonymousreply 1404/17/2012

He can't possibly have FAS at all. No way in hades.

I would safely assume that he could very well quite mildly intellectually disabled. Remember Judy had problems at delivery with Joey and times were different back then. Maybe (trying to be charitable) Judy did some downers while pregnant with Joey but she must have stopped drinking early on because he does not have FAS at all.

Lorna should shut the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 1504/17/2012

Lorna NEVER claims Joseph Luft has FAS in her book, rather she makes a comment about him being "special". I believe she does say that her brother did have a problem with alcohol himself.

I wrote here a couple of years ago that I saw Joe Luft at the Ziegfeld Theater at the re-release of "Liza With a Z". He was very small, old looking for his age, and was totally surrounded by people who seemed to be helping him walk. It was sort of sad.

by Anonymousreply 1704/17/2012

THANK YOU !

by Anonymousreply 2004/18/2012

R19. Why are you lying?

by Anonymousreply 2104/18/2012

Any pictures of him how he looks now? Also is Lorna Luft's son gay? I have read that on DL. Any pictures of Lorna's supposedly gay son?

by Anonymousreply 2204/18/2012

I believe you R19. Fame hasn't brought much happiness to joey's family. I can see why he'd shun all of that.

by Anonymousreply 2404/18/2012

Sissie tells me that I have really gone over the rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 2504/18/2012

My mommy went to heaven because she was really sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 2604/18/2012

R22 A pic from last Thursday

by Anonymousreply 2704/18/2012

Smell my finger.

by Anonymousreply 2804/18/2012

"How do these odd rumors start? Joey Luft is a neighbor of mine, I see him quite often. He does not live in a group home. He is not retarded. He is not a drug addict. He is perfectly normal and a nice guy. He's just very private. He has had a few health problems in the past (physical), but nothing that unusual.

Incidently, he is 100% straight."

And we should believe you because...?

I think you're full of shit. He doesn't LOOK like somebody who is "perfectly normal." And it's common knowledge that his Mommy couldn't lay off the booze and pills during her pregnancy. In fact, Joey Luft almost didn't survive; one of his lungs failed to open at birth and for a while it was touch and go as to whether he would live or not.

Your insistence that he is "100% straight" smacks of a kind of desperation. How the hell would YOU know he's "100% straight?" His sister Lorna Luft has commented on her disabled brother; I think she knows a lot more about him than you do.

by Anonymousreply 2904/18/2012

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 3004/18/2012

i like red.

by Anonymousreply 3104/18/2012

By the way Lorna, congrats on getting 'Hello, Dolly!' at North Shore Music Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 3204/18/2012

No, ew

by Anonymousreply 3304/18/2012

R32 = The ForLorna Troll

by Anonymousreply 3404/18/2012

He LOOKS SO BAD. He's never been able to live on his own.

by Anonymousreply 3504/18/2012

No, I am not the ForLornaTroll. Just read this news on Playbill.

by Anonymousreply 3604/18/2012

I don't think he has enough money for heroin or any other drug except for beer and asprin.

by Anonymousreply 3704/18/2012

Joe had to have been truamatized by Garland. I imagine that he and Lorna got the worst of it. Liza was gone by that time, married to Peter Allen. Didn't Judy chase Joey thru snowy Central Park? He was barefoot and Judy was waving a hatchet??? Growing up in that dysfunctional, drug and ETOH fueled setting must have been Joey Luft's personal version of GRIMM. Scary and sad.

by Anonymousreply 3804/18/2012

I always wondered if Judy clobbered him for talking and distracting her during "Over the Rainbow" on the Judy Garland Show Christmas episode.

by Anonymousreply 3904/18/2012

Has Lorna ever said when the sexual abuse began? She looks so uncomfortable in that last segment.

by Anonymousreply 4104/18/2012

Stop lying, Joey! You do not like red. I repeat, you do not like red. You won't shut up about how much you fucking love blue, and all of a sudden red. Now get away from the computer and shut the fuck up, or I'm going to bedazzle your ass!

by Anonymousreply 4304/18/2012

R42 Yes, it looks like she's always been carrying a big secret that she finds difficult to live with. And she's definitely not completely straight, bisexual at best, so this would be a pretty good explanation.

by Anonymousreply 4404/18/2012

If Joey did heroin, he wouldn't be so fucking fat.

by Anonymousreply 4504/18/2012

Lorna, tell 'em about the rabbits. Tell 'em about the rabbits we're gonna get and I, I get to tend 'em.

by Anonymousreply 4704/18/2012

Get up, Joe Joe. Come on, baby. Mama's home. Shit, spilled my - don't cry, baby. It's Mama. Your Mammy. Mamamamamama. Say it, Joe Joe. Mamamamama. Don't run aw - get OUT FROM UNDER THAT BED!!!! Get him I got his you what shit you little I got YOU NOW I'VE GOT YOU. Now give Mama a big kiss. KISS ME. On the mouth. Don't wipe your mouf.. mouf... m.o.u.t.h. or I'll kiss you again. Mama will kiss you again HARD. KISS YOU HARD, BABY. YEAH. MAMA'S GONNA KISS YOU HARD TONIGHT.

Come on, Joey. Dance with Mama. Cha Cha. Cha Cha Cha Cha. Shake your hips, Joe Joe. You got a girly's hips, Joey. Liza shoulda got your hips, little man. Yeah, shake it. Shake it, baby. Now watch Mama shake it. YEAH!!!! We're hopping now!

You want something to drink, Joey? I mean a real grown-up drink? Mama's having another, to wash these down. You have one too. Jus this once. Just a widdle biddy one for my widdle biddy baby boy. And then I'm going to sing you to sleep? What the hell are you doing up so late anyhow? Where's that girl? Went home? When? What? I don't get it? I don't you little man. Here. stir it with the swizzle stick and toss it down. NO WAIT. A toast. A toast. TO MY LITTLE MAN AND MY NEXT HUSBAND. I'm going to marry you, Joey. Mama's going to make an honest man out of you. Ha ha ha ha. Drink it all. It's a weak one. Perfect for my little husband.

I'm crying. Ohhhh shit. Shit shit shit. What the fuck am I going to do? Fuck. No, Joey, don't cry. Mama's just morose. I hate all this traveling. I just want to be home with you and sing and cook and - shit. What time is it? I gotta call Sid. Daddy. Your Daddio. Got to bed and I'll tuck you in later. NOW, JOEY. And try not to wet the bed, please, baby. We're out of sheets and the laundry isn't getting done until Thursday. GO. Kiss kiss.

Hello? Sid, you bastard. When the FUCK are you coming home? Concert my ass. Shh. Wait. Gotta close Joey's door.

by Anonymousreply 4804/18/2012

Who sexually abused Lorna?

Sid? Judy?

by Anonymousreply 4904/18/2012

They were probably abused by any many that had access in the 1960s when Sid was not around. Judy was drunk, passed out or committing suicide most of the time; I doubt she paid much attention to what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 5004/18/2012

Wow R48, just Wow.

by Anonymousreply 5104/18/2012

R 48 - Was that really necessary ?

by Anonymousreply 5204/18/2012

In an interview televised long ago Liza said she had lost her virginity at thirteen.

She said it with a tear in her eye and a lump in her throat.

I can't imagine that the children were around other children much of the time and in general were surrounded by drunken adults.

I believe that Liza, and I hope I'm wrong, was sexually abused/raped as a child.

by Anonymousreply 5304/18/2012

That clip with Judy showed a sweet little boy who, in the middle of her song, grabbed the moment to kiss his mommy when he could. That little gesture brought a tear to my eye, amid all the crazed mess that is that Christmas special and Judy's hyper manic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 5404/18/2012

Have a link to that, r53? Thirteen??? That's abuse unless the boy was her age. IF she was talking about a boy.

Liza was a fugly teen and adult. Cabaret turned a homely young woman into a drag queen. This woman has ISSUES.

I knew Liza was a lesbian when I was 16 in 1968. After, she seemed to be constantly running from herself and everything, becoming more and more fake, more and more a caricature of something.

by Anonymousreply 5504/18/2012

Liza is not ugly, she is beautiful like a flower--open-faced, sunny, and warm.

I believe it was a Barbra Walters interview, but I will go try to find it if available.

Liza stated that she lost her virginity at thirteen at a party. This was aired at least twenty-five years ago and I never forgot it--it shocked me because the question was so pointed and her answer was so matter-of-fact yet meloncholy.

I fear she was raped by an older, drunk man. It could explain her issues with men.

How do you know she is gay?

by Anonymousreply 5604/18/2012

Are you familiar with Liza's 1969 quote, "My ugliness overwhelms me" ?

by Anonymousreply 5704/18/2012

Lorna owns an apartment building in Lomita, Joey manages the units. I know someone that works as a handyman for them.

by Anonymousreply 5804/19/2012

R58, are the units blue?

by Anonymousreply 5904/19/2012

Joe is fine. He did have a problem with alcohol, but has been sober for years and is healthy.

He was obviously emotionally damaged from the chaos of his childhood and has a very mild learning disability. As such, Liza has taken care of him financially for years.

by Anonymousreply 6004/19/2012

R55 what happened in 1968?

by Anonymousreply 6104/19/2012

Susielee said that Liza is bisexual, and for many years had a girlfriend ,but their relationship went bust.

I think Liza is a mixed up person,and she doesn't know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 6204/19/2012

[quote]How do you know she is gay?

She had an affair with Chita Rivera's daughter Lisa Mordente. Chita wasn't too happy when she found out about it. Also a long term relationship with a woman who is not in the business. I don't want to give out her name, she is a good friend. No longer lives in the city. Rumor that Liza had an affair with singer Carmen MacRae.

Yes, she has had her share of men Tracy Everett, Desi jr, Rex Kramer, Tony Bill, Bob Fosse, Martin Scorsese, Gower Champion, Ben Vereen, Peter Sellers, Baryshiykov sp? etc but she has also been with many women.

and then there were the gay husbands.

by Anonymousreply 6304/19/2012

R63 I wonder if that's the good friend you have in mind

by Anonymousreply 6404/19/2012

Gianni Russo (The Godfather) dated Liza a little in the 1970's, and spilled a bit about her lesbian affairs. He also declared that she insisted on threesomes with other women in the bed.

Why is everyone overlooking the obvious:

Liza pings louder than the Liberty Bell. Especially before her Fosse makeover for Cabaret.

Is this overlooked because the gays want her so desperately to be another gay? Dreaming that they too can have Desi Arnaz Jr? Liza was so promiscuous, sure, but she was also so high. Sexually abused female children often grow up to be self-hating, substance abusing sex addicts. Or prostitutes even.

by Anonymousreply 6504/19/2012

Susielee was long ago exposed as a fraud, R62.

by Anonymousreply 6604/19/2012

No R64-- the relationship was in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 6704/19/2012

Here we go again! R66 you are 100% wrong! Her father was the actor in the land of the giants!

by Anonymousreply 6804/19/2012

"In an interview televised long ago Liza said she had lost her virginity at thirteen."

Thirteen...ugh. That is TOO young. Was that an interview with Rona Barrett where she said that? Because I do remember a Rona Barrett special where she was asking actresses about their first sexual experience and whether they enjoyed it or not. I remember very clearly Liza Minnelli saying her first time was "agony...agony." I guess she meant it was painful. If she was penetrated by an adult male with a big dick it surely must have been.

And just who the hell is Gianni Russo? And he "dated Liza a little?" He sounds full of shit to me.

by Anonymousreply 6904/19/2012

Wow, this thread turned really hard-edged, from around R48 on. Even for around here, some of the comments are a bit...rich.

by Anonymousreply 7104/19/2012

R66 She was a fraud for sure and she covered her bases rather well by picking a rather unknown for her father and all of that.

It would be like if the "The Diana Canova Troll" started in on gossiping. They would have a fair enough backstory to lend credence to things but would eventually be busted.

I remember having asked Susielee something one time about the (late) sister of Paula Prentiss. Susie cut and pasted from Wikipedia as her reply. Literally. She cut and pasted from Wikipedia as her reply. I kept quiet about it at the time because it was funny and yet rather sad all at the same time.

Hopefully whoever that person was is doing alright. I wish them no harm.

by Anonymousreply 7204/19/2012

This thread is about me, not sissie!

by Anonymousreply 7304/19/2012

I suspect Liza is a lot like Lucille Austero.

Liza is a bit of an enigma, I applaud her ability to keep some of her life private. I also respect her as a performer, daughter of two Hollywood legends, big sister, and an independent woman.

Interesting information on Joey, I've always been curious about him.

by Anonymousreply 7404/19/2012

The way I heard it, Liza was always in big denial about her lesbianism, which is partly to blame for her fucking around and substance abuse.

by Anonymousreply 7504/19/2012

Bumpy

by Anonymousreply 7604/19/2012

I bet Liza scissored with mlop in the '60s.

by Anonymousreply 7704/19/2012

WTF is mlop?

by Anonymousreply 7804/19/2012

Mlop is the sound Mama's head made when it hit the toilet every night.

by Anonymousreply 8004/19/2012

LOL R80!!!!!

w&w

by Anonymousreply 8104/19/2012

[quote] He was very small, old looking for his age, and was totally surrounded by people who seemed to be helping him walk

Are you sure that wasn't James McCartney?

by Anonymousreply 8204/19/2012

Is Joey Luft really a heroin addict? What is going to become of Keanu Reeves?

by Anonymousreply 8304/19/2012

R72, here we go again! Susielee is Susan Kasznar. I have communicated with an author who knows her very well. Also, her father did many, many films and he was in the TV show, The Land of The Giants. The link below lists Susan as his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 8404/20/2012

Also, here is a link to Kurt Kasznar's film list. He wasn't an obscure actor.

by Anonymousreply 8504/20/2012

susielee's stepmother was actress Leora Dana.

by Anonymousreply 8704/20/2012

"Gianni Russo is the groom, below.

What he said sounds totally reasonable. WHAT straight guy would brag about banging a not-so-attractive slut like Liza Minnelli? (I'm being kind here)."

I've seen that guy on a few talk shows. He comes across as an utter asshole. I wouldn't take much stock in anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 8804/20/2012

R64- she was a psychologist. Can you imagine that relationship with Liza??!

by Anonymousreply 9004/20/2012

r84 /85:

I don't think r72 was denying the existence of Susan Kasznar, I think he was questioning that the person posting on DL as Susan Kasznar was really her. I loved her threads and found the information in them fascinating, but I have to admit that many of her answers seem to have been gleaned from news articles and biographies. She didn't really bring that much that was new or not widely known.

However, I did love her posts and her threads and wish she would return here.

by Anonymousreply 9104/20/2012

R91 nailed it. Nailed it they did. Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 9204/20/2012

Lesbhbians? Like Danny Thomash?

by Anonymousreply 9304/20/2012

So, r88, that confirms your belief that Liza Minnelli is not, never was, could not possibly be a lesbian. Correct?

by Anonymousreply 9404/20/2012

R90 lol that's an interesting combo, pretty convenient I must say

by Anonymousreply 9504/20/2012

R94 I know some women who have sex with men from time to time, yet are butch dykes, so... By the way, you know how some girls turn into lesbians when they're drunk? I can't forget the video of Liza coming on one local singer when she was all drunk in Sweden and fell off the stage. She was kissing and touching her, that girl looked to uncomfortable. Just sayin'... (from 2:40)

by Anonymousreply 9604/20/2012

How did this become a Susielee denial troll flypaper thread?

by Anonymousreply 9704/20/2012

Compare the pic at r35 with this illustration of typical facial configuration of someone with FAS. Notice especially the smooth area between the nose and upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 9804/20/2012

Liza "coming on one local singer"

Wow, how about a NSFW then?

by Anonymousreply 9904/20/2012

Mama'sh pillsh!

by Anonymousreply 10004/20/2012

"By the way, you know how some girls turn into lesbians when they're drunk?"

Does this mean Liza is a full-time lesbian? She's always drunk...

by Anonymousreply 10104/20/2012

R101 thanks to you I will have this song stuck in my head all day

by Anonymousreply 10204/20/2012

Judy related threads seem to bring out the worst that these queens have to offer. The pus runneth over.

by Anonymousreply 10304/20/2012

Where is drunk sissy? I like Looooorna.

by Anonymousreply 10404/21/2012

R91, I swear that was really her. I know an author who is friends of hers ,and she told me Susan wanted to come back to DL ,but when DL made changes, Susan got confused because she is not computer savvy. She needed help to get back on DL. I explained what to do,but I didn't hear anything further about the issue from Susan's friend who is the author. BTW, the author said Susan is super nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 10504/22/2012

i HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING jOEY HE IS A QUIET AND RESERVED PERSON VERY ENJOYABLE TO BE AROUND. THE SUBJECT OF HIS FAMILY AND PERSONNEL LIFE SHOULD BE OF NO CONCERN TO ANYONE. IT WAS A GREAT DAY GOING AROUND VEGAS WITH HIM.

by Anonymousreply 10611/17/2012

R106, based on your use of capital letters and misspelling, I am motivated to ask whether Joey and you got to know one another at a "special" facility?

by Anonymousreply 10711/17/2012

R106 = Joey

by Anonymousreply 10811/17/2012

I like the shapes that aren't squares.

Maybe that is because of all my prenatal cocktails.

My goal in life: Not to die crapping on a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 10911/17/2012

I like happy fish.

by Anonymousreply 11101/28/2013

Pickles!

by Anonymousreply 11201/28/2013

Google r110's post- he's pimping his fucking album all over the internet on comments sections for Jane Russell and Dolly Parton. He HAS to be gay, rather than an evangelist. Someone phone him!

by Anonymousreply 11301/28/2013

Judy didn't like Joey as she felt he cost her her Oscar win.

Liza didn't care for her half siblings at all, calling them children of that queer.

by Anonymousreply 11401/28/2013

I think she is hot

by Anonymousreply 11502/22/2013

Lorna's as-told-to book was sometimes very candid, sometimes complete fiction. But one thing I believe is what she said about Joey. No, Lorna did not say Joey had FAS. What Lorna did say- and if it weren't so tragic it would be funny- was that Judy did take drugs during that pregnancy and they were passed on to Joey. Lorna quoted Joey as saying that he could not put the "pieces of ideas" together. In other words: slow-witted. But here's the funny part: Lorna said that it was not Judy's fault because in the 1950s nobody knew about the placenta! Well, yes, everybody knew about the placenta. In fact, long before Joey's birth, Judy told a friend that she started drinking screwdrivers. Why? To give the not-yet-born Liza vitamins from the orange juice. Which explains a few things.

by Anonymousreply 11610/13/2013

In 1955, when Joe was born, no one had ever even heard of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I just saw him in his show about his mom. He was on stage doing fine. He will never be a performer, but seems to be doing OK.

by Anonymousreply 11707/13/2014

when joey was born, one of his lungs didn't open fully and back then that was a serious problem. today it is nothing. the lung finally opened up and he was ok

by Anonymousreply 11811/06/2014

Is he hung?

by Anonymousreply 11911/06/2014

Mommy sleeps on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 12011/06/2014

Sex with Peter Allen was agony for Liza because he kept trying to stick it in her masculine ass.

by Anonymousreply 12112/22/2014

Peter, shtop that.

by Anonymousreply 12212/22/2014

"Judy didn't like Joey as she felt he cost her her Oscar win."

That doesn't even make sense. How in hell did he "cost her her Oscar win?" Did your mother do drugs and drink when she was pregnant with you, too?

Actually, he was her favorite child, and it showed. She was constantly kissing and pawing him. That probably warped him too, along with the alcohol and drugs that his Mommy took during her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 12312/22/2014

[quote] She was constantly kissing and pawing him.

No, I was the one who was molested!

by Anonymousreply 12412/22/2014

Joey is Mama's special little boy. Yes he was. Yes he was.

Who's Mama's special little boy?

Joey!

Hee hee hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 12512/22/2014

Does it matter that Liza like girls or sister like girls. Many of us has a past. We either fool around as young people with males or females. Some may have been rape.

Not all of us came from a perfect home. But what we do with our lives it's what matter. Some rise above it while other surccumb to it

We don't pick or choose our family and can't used that excuse when we choose to follow in their foot steps. My father was a heron addict and my half sister and brother follow his path. I choose to educate myself and leave that life style and do something useful with my life. Nobody I work with, attend church with or any other people who enter my life knew what kind of family I came from. When I tell them they just can't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 12604/08/2015

r19, does he still live in Calabasas?

by Anonymousreply 12704/08/2015

Do developmentally disabled people usually give interviews and produce shows?

by Anonymousreply 12804/08/2015

He's a meth addict. Why do you think he likes blue?

by Anonymousreply 12904/08/2015

Look at the posters of Mama behind Joey.

What is the color of her dress on the left? Blue.

What is the color of the rays of light in the middle? Blue.

What is she wearing on the right behind the pink/reddish poster? Blue.

He likes blue, goddamnit!

by Anonymousreply 13004/08/2015
Need more help? Click Here.